PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

Ozyhibby
23-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Needs to be made to honour his contract. Letting him leave now would show a complete lack of ambition by the club.
If we are going to win this league next year, we will need players of that quality.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Class act hope he stays. Hopefully we start next season well and he signs an extension

Ryan69
23-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Simple answer is play last year of contract....if not promoted free Togo

Onion
23-05-2015, 02:36 PM
You're going to be disappointed. He was best player on the park today and should be playing at a higher level than the Scot Champ. His stock is high and his agent will be touting him around bigger clubs. Would not surprise me if he ended up at Ibrox, with Hibs getting decent cash for him. Don't shoot the messenger !

Ozyhibby
23-05-2015, 02:39 PM
You're going to be disappointed. He was best player on the park today and should be playing at a higher level than the Scot Champ. His stock is high and his agent will be touting him around bigger clubs. Would not surprise me if he ended up at Ibrox, with Hibs getting decent cash for him. Don't shoot the messenger !

I think we need to be turning down the decent cash and putting sporting ambition first.
Sadly, we have never shown this lately.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 02:39 PM

If he is to go now it won't be there.. He will have better offers than that

tamig
23-05-2015, 02:41 PM
If Scott Allan wants to go, he should go for as much cash as we can get for him. There's no way the club will force him to "honour his contract". Not in anyone's best interests. It's up to Scotty.

J-C
23-05-2015, 02:44 PM
Cracking player and again showed why he won plsyer of the season, can see him going but will command a sizeable fee which will go straight to squad building, it's life folks.

lucky
23-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Best player at ER in years. Hearts fans still seem convinced they've got him if Hibs don't go up.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Unforunatlely for me, that will be his last game for us. Gutted 😭

Steve20
23-05-2015, 02:54 PM
Best player at ER in years. Hearts fans still seem convinced they've got him if Hibs don't go up.

How many years? Because Leigh Griffiths is far better.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2015, 02:54 PM

He can only go to Hearts if the Hibs board decide to sell him to Hearts.
Even I don't think Petrie is that stupid. Although he has always been able to find new ways to alienate the fans so who knows?

madhatter
23-05-2015, 02:55 PM

They seem to be convinced they are getting a defender for £450,000 as well. I guess they are a "big" club though...

Cod Boy
23-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Hearts couldn't afford to buy him

aljo7-0
23-05-2015, 02:56 PM
I got the feeling at the end that when he walked on his own from the East over to the West Stand and clapped the fans that it felt like a goodbye somehow. Hopefully wrong but that's how I read it

tamig
23-05-2015, 02:57 PM
He can only go to Hearts if the Hibs board decide to sell him to Hearts.
Even I don't think Petrie is that stupid. Although he has always been able to find new ways to alienate the fans so who knows?

Petrie is not the Hibs board.

B.H.F.C
Any chance of him having some kind of clause in his contract that he can go if we didn't get promoted? Was surprised we managed to get him on a two year deal in the first place.

Stokesy's on fire
There's no way he's going to leave Hibs to join Hearts the lads got ambition and leaving us for a club like a that would be crazy. Don't let the yams get into your heads.

The best thing for us and our club is to get a new longer term deal early to secure his and our long term future.

Sir David Gray
23-05-2015, 02:58 PM
I can't see him being at Hibs next season.

You can't really blame him if he does want to leave. He should be playing at a far higher level than the Scottish Championship.

madhatter
23-05-2015, 02:59 PM
I got the feeling at the end that when he walked on his own from the East over to the West Stand and clapped the fans that it felt like a goodbye somehow. Hopefully wrong but that's how I read it

Stubbs just did a brief walkout and clap then walked down tunnel. Maybe the singing and clapping got him too emotional or even he is going...

I'd stop trying to read too much into the actions of the players and coaches. Scott Allan may have need insulin, he might have been wanting to kick a door in or he may just have needed a massive dump...

tamig
23-05-2015, 02:59 PM
They seem to be convinced they are getting a defender for £450,000 as well. I guess they are a "big" club though...

They are dreaming. They won't be paying transfer fees for anyone. Neilson and Budge have both made it clear there is a strict budget that won't be broken. Where do they think they're getting all this cash from?

leggeto
23-05-2015, 03:00 PM
It depends if he wants to stay,I wouldn't stand in his way if he wants to go,he could play at a far better level than ours.
Saying that,if he does want to stay then good on him

Sylar
23-05-2015, 03:04 PM

I thought the same thing after the game finished today actually. McCall will be given a reasonably sized war chest to build his team under the new ownership so they come close to competing at the top of the league and Allan has impressed all season, especially against them.

If not there, it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of clubs south of the border are keeping tabs on him. Failing that, another bid from United...

Bronson
23-05-2015, 03:05 PM
I think today was his last game, but I'd love to see him stay. Complete joy to watch, so talented and destined for bigger things.

As long as he doesn't go to either of Glasgow's ugly sisters I wish him all the best. Hearts fans who even entertain the idea that he'll sign for them should be locked in Carstairs, not a chance.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Lets not be silly and think for a millisecond that we would sell him to Hearts. Their fans are deluded beyond belief and tried to convince themselves that Brown, Thomson and Riordan were going to them at one point. Weirdos.
I wouldn't entertain anything under a million. **** it, time to show some ambition

tamig
23-05-2015, 05:16 PM
Lets not be silly and think for a millisecond that we would sell him to Hearts. Their fans are deluded beyond belief and tried to convince themselves that Brown, Thomson and Riordan were going to them at one point. Weirdos.
I wouldn't entertain anything under a million. **** it, time to show some ambition

They are a muckle huge club though. And they don't call themselves "the famous" for nothing. I thought everybody knew that? ;-)

Currie Hibee
23-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Scott Allan is a joy to watch but he is a boyhood Hun. I could see a bid around the level that was turned down in January accepted over the summer.

Joe6-2
23-05-2015, 05:26 PM

They could still be in the championship!!!

The Falcon
23-05-2015, 05:36 PM
I think we need to be turning down the decent cash and putting sporting ambition first.

What if he wants to go? Really wants to go?

Should we try and hold on to an unhappy player, who might not perform to his best, and let him walk for nothing in a year or get a decent fee now and strengthen with that?

That said if he wants to stay we should try to accommodate him.

hibeemikey21
23-05-2015, 05:58 PM
The hibs of yesteryear would have flogged him in January. We did well holding onto him, but that was definitely his last game for us. There is absolutely no way that it's in his best interests to spend another season playing beneath his level

jacomo
23-05-2015, 05:59 PM

Big question mark over where the money comes from next season. STF is reducing his stake and money through shares won't cover the kind of loss we sustained last year.

We might not be able to afford Scott Allan - or afford to turn down anything around £500k for him.

Danderhall Hibs
23-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Very good player but not as good as some make out.

We could've done with him putting a couple on a plate for the strikers over the last couple of games to prove me wrong if nothing else.

Swedish hibee
23-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Very good player but not as good as some make out

:zzzzz!:

bingo70
23-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Very good player but not as good as some make out.

We could've done with him putting a couple on a plate for the strikers over the last couple of games to prove me wrong if nothing else.

On his day he's every bit as good as folk make out. There have been plenty games this season though when he's not been at the races and I do think that some people are getting a bit carried away.

Danderhall Hibs
23-05-2015, 06:32 PM
On his day he's every bit as good as folk make out. There have been plenty games this season though when he's not been at the races and I do think that some people are getting a bit carried away.

Yeah you're probably right. We've seen him live up to the hype once or twice - more consistency and he'd be away to big things.

.Sean.
23-05-2015, 06:49 PM
For what it's worth I was speaking to a first-team player a week or so ago and he was pretty certain Allan will be here, regardless of where we are. Said player wouldn't be talking nonsense to appease me, and he said Allan had massive gratitude towards Hibs for how they've dealt with his diabetes.

Fingers crossed. Nevermind the best player in the Championship, performances like today's easily put him up beside the best players in the SPL. Joy to watch.

Sir David Gray
23-05-2015, 06:52 PM
For what it's worth I was speaking to a first-team player a week or so ago and he was pretty certain Allan will be here, regardless of where we are. Said player wouldn't be talking nonsense to appease me, and he said Allan had massive gratitude towards Hibs for how they've dealt with his diabetes.

Fingers crossed. Nevermind the best player in the Championship, performances like today's easily put him up beside the best players in the SPL. Joy to watch.

I have my doubts but I really hope this is the case.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 06:52 PM

I wouldn't be that surprised mate... There isn't a lot of loyalty in the game but there is still some out there..
Look how high stubbs still holds Celtic for helping him through his illness. These things don't go unnoticed

bingo70
23-05-2015, 06:55 PM

Having no inside info at all I've been saying for a while that'd be a factor behind him wanting to stay.

My wife is type 1 diabetic and I had no idea how much was involved before met her, it sounds like some of Allans previous managers may have been as ignorant as I was. I think I heard one of his previous managers saying he was lazy, there's not a hope in hell he could be classed as lazy, for him to make it to this level despite his condition must have taken a monumental effort from him. If he's found a manager that understands that he'd be well advised to think hard before leaving.

07BigD
23-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Plus the boys career had stalled in a big way, he will go eventually but hopefully not this summer

trev the hat
23-05-2015, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=bingo70;4381171]On his day he's every bit as good as folk make out. There have been plenty games this season though when he's not been at the races and I do think that some people are getting a bit carried away

Agreed

& not a bit

.Sean.
23-05-2015, 07:23 PM
I have my doubts but I really hope this is the case.
No word of a lie, Trig.

Sir David Gray
23-05-2015, 07:43 PM
No word of a lie, Trig.

Nah I didn't mean I was doubting what you've been told, just that I have my doubts that Allan will still be a Hibs player by September 1st.

DH1875
24-05-2015, 12:31 AM
Did he not have the chance to sign for der hun at the same time he signed for us? Why would he all of a sudden decide he wanted to join them :confused:. Rest assured their fish and there aint no guarantees their gonna beat motherwell so can't see him going there.

Nutmegged
24-05-2015, 05:36 AM
Did he not have the chance to sign for der hun at the same time he signed for us? Why would he all of a sudden decide he wanted to join them :confused:. Rest assured their fish and there aint no guarantees their gonna beat motherwell so can't see him going there.

Nah Sevco didnt offer him a contract, and they will do Motherwell, Motherwell dont do winning against them

07BigD
24-05-2015, 07:09 AM
The hibs of yesteryear would have flogged him in January. We did well holding onto him, but that was definitely his last game for us. There is absolutely no way that it's in his best interests to spend another season playing beneath his level
As talented as he is he hadn't kicked a ball last season, Hibs have given the boy a chance and he has showed why he deserved one.

I know he will go at some point but I honestly think we will see him in a Hibs jersey next season.

Jim44
24-05-2015, 07:47 AM
As talented as he is he hadn't kicked a ball last season, Hibs have given the boy a chance and he has showed why he deserved one.

I know he will go at some point but I honestly think we will see him in a Hibs jersey next season.

Contrary to what I've said about him probably leaving, he is making encouraging noises about staying on to complete the job he came to ER to do. Good on him if he stays but once good money and agent pressure come in to the equation, it might change his mind.

07BigD
24-05-2015, 07:56 AM
Contrary to what I've said about him probably leaving, he is making encouraging noises about staying on to complete the job he came to ER to do. Good on him if he stays but once good money and agent pressure come in to the equation, it might change his mind.
Let's hope not

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2015, 10:41 AM
What if he wants to go? Really wants to go?

Should we try and hold on to an unhappy player, who might not perform to his best, and let him walk for nothing in a year or get a decent fee now and strengthen with that?

That said if he wants to stay we should try to accommodate him.

This unfortunately is the root of it.
The ambition of the club or forcing a player to honour their contract doesn't come into it if they genuinely want to leave.

Really hope the guy stays as we're worryingly short of any other creativity in the team but I guess if he goes you stick the transfer money into the wage pot and use it to try to sign someone with the same kind of logic we offered Allan to get him to come in the first place.

JJP
24-05-2015, 10:42 AM
STV News reporting that he wants to stay and win promotion with us next season. Great news!

emerald green
24-05-2015, 11:21 AM

This isn't directed at you personally of course, but anyone who listens to anything these dafties say needs their head seen to IMHO.

They will do or say anything to try to wind Hibs supporters up. For example, they are also convinced they are "the famous" and they are "the big team". This is despite what their nurses and doctors tell them.

PS: reading some of the stuff posted online since yesterday's result, it's clear to me who Hearts supporters wanted to be promoted. It sure wasn't Hibs. They are simply Hun light.

Spike Mandela
24-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Scott Allen shoule be Stubbs most important business of the season and hopefully he will be trying to build a team around him.

I expect Rangers to be the biggest competitors for his signature if they get promoted.

Hopefully Stubbs' vision for the club and where he wants to take them cn persuade Scott to stay to see the job done.

ScottM1875
24-05-2015, 11:44 AM
I'd like to think that due to Stubbs having a great relationship with all the players and essentially helping Allan to rebuild his career that he'd like to repay him for this by staying next season and maybe even signing a contract extension, so that we could get a fee for him.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-05-2015, 11:48 AM
He was saying after the game yesterday that he was still determined to get this club back to the premier.....its in the scotsman

Sir David Gray
24-05-2015, 11:51 AM
He was saying after the game yesterday that he was still determined to get this club back to the premier.....its in the scotsman

He's still contracted to the club for next season, he would be daft to say anything else at the moment.

I've seen it all before though with Hibs players and players at other clubs.

Once they have a chat with the agent and the interest starts in the media, anything can happen.

I would love to be proved wrong but I won't be surprised if Scott Allan has left Hibs by the end of the summer transfer window.

jon paul jones
24-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Any chance of him having some kind of clause in his contract that he can go if we didn't get promoted? Was surprised we managed to get him on a two year deal in the first place.

Good post. Yes, my fears exactly. A "gentlemans agreement" probably still exists in professional football and I, like many, have a feeling that was the last time we saw Scotty in a Hibs top. As always, it was a pleasure to watch him and an honour for him to wear it....Still, he gets to play every week in the position he wants to play so who knows....

LordBamba
24-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Regretfully went on kickback to see if they actually thought they could get Allan. no joke 15/26 of the forums are about hibs. It's gone beyond embarrassing how obsessed they are

hibees 7062
24-05-2015, 12:34 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11229564_10153336088391323_8376060917207611980_n.j pg?oh=77c5467003f1f5cdb79784f98ac7ba21&oe=55F890D3

Aldo
24-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Can we please get this right..... It's NOT ALLEN it's ALLAN!

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2015, 12:43 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11229564_10153336088391323_8376060917207611980_n.j pg?oh=77c5467003f1f5cdb79784f98ac7ba21&oe=55F890D3

The reply suggesting he has a clause allowing him to leave for free is laughable.
Aside from Hibs not being complete idiots there's the fact that the player himself doesn't really benefit from Hibs getting nothing in the deal.
Add to that we'd probably have taken the United bid for the money.

As far as The Rangers signing him goes I have serious doubts they'll get past Motherwell so this may well be a non event.
They're a very poor team and we were only a competent striking performance away from turning them over.

Not saying Scott Allan is going to be at Hibs next season but it won't be a freebie and The Rangers are far from there yet as far as the SPL goes.

The Falcon
24-05-2015, 02:22 PM
As far as The Rangers signing him goes I have serious doubts they'll get past Motherwell so this may well be a non event.
They're a very poor team and we were only a competent striking performance away from turning them over.

ditto

macd123
24-05-2015, 03:16 PM
1.5m would be about right. That's out of rangers league but peanuts for an English championship team. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like alex neil at norwich make a bid for him.

Onion
24-05-2015, 03:44 PM
They could still be in the championship!!!

You kidding ? Their promotion has been ordained by the GFA and nothing will now stop the Huns from their promotion and fulfilling Doncaster's No 1 business objective. The most interesting part of the Huns v Well playoff will be ref watching !

Iggy Pope
24-05-2015, 03:48 PM
You kidding ? Their promotion has been ordained by the GFA and nothing will now stop the Huns from their promotion and fulfilling Doncaster's No 1 business objective. The most interesting part of the Huns v Well playoff will be ref watching !

The GFA????? Wow. Freudian!

SunshineOnLeith
24-05-2015, 03:59 PM

Well if it's on Twitter, it must be true. They don't let just anyone have a Twitter account. :rolleyes:

Hibeesforever
24-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Big question mark over where the money comes from next season. STF is reducing his stake and money through shares won't cover the kind of loss we sustained last year.

We might not be able to afford Scott Allan - or afford to turn down anything around £500k for him.

Fear Scott Allan is off, although who can really blame him. A truly phonomenal player. £1.5 million not £500k though.

Carheenlea
24-05-2015, 06:03 PM
The most entertaining player I've seen at Easter Road since Russell Latapy, and even if his stay is only to be the one season it has been a joy watching him in a Hibs shirt. Hopefully the indications that he will be here next season prove to be correct, and we can enjoy watching him next season and beyond if we can get back up.

familyman
24-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Needs to be made to honour his contract. Letting him leave now would show a complete lack of ambition by the club.
If we are going to win this league next year, we will need players of that quality.
Holding on to Scott is a no brainer, the whole team is anchored around him.

cmcd
24-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Holding on to Scott is a no brainer, the whole team is anchored around him.

Scott Allan has said he wants to stay so lets just calm down

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Well if it's on Twitter, it must be true. They don't let just anyone have a Twitter account. :rolleyes:

A clause in his contract that will allow him to leave for free because we didn't gain promotion. Ooooooooookay Bryan, that seems plausible right enough [emoji106]

hibees 7062
24-05-2015, 07:27 PM

This , no matter what they're going up

Alfred E Newman
24-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Scott Allan has said he wants to stay so lets just calm down

He does but of course that doesn't mean he will. I hope he does but I get the feeling some on here are willing him to go probably so they can have another blast at the club and Petrie and co.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Can we please get this right..... It's NOT ALLEN it's ALLAN!

Aye, it's not difficult.

People looking for £1.5m are kidding themselves on.

Aldo
24-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Aye, it's not difficult.

It seemly is.... New thread merged with the title... Scot ALAN!!!! Arrrrggghhh

It's bloody ALLAN. FACT

;-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2015, 08:28 PM

It's bloody ALLAN. FACT

;-)

Seemingly? ;-)

Aldo
24-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Seemingly? ;-)

Seems to be the case!! :-)

Ozyhibby
24-05-2015, 08:31 PM
He does but of course that doesn't mean he will. I hope he does but I get the feeling some on here are willing him to go probably so they can have another blast at the club and Petrie and co.

I think we can have a go at Petrie and keep Scott Allen.

Jonnyboy
24-05-2015, 08:32 PM
I think we can have a go at Petrie and keep Scott Allen.

FFS it Allan :wink:

Aldo
24-05-2015, 08:34 PM

:-) *insert me shaking my head in total disbelief!!

3pm
24-05-2015, 08:37 PM

Has he always made the 2nd A bold?! :o)

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2015, 08:42 PM

I presumed it had to be a wind up!

Aldo
24-05-2015, 08:46 PM
I presumed it had to be a wind up!

Indeed! But then again???

hibees 7062
24-05-2015, 08:50 PM

It's bloody ALLAN. FACT

;-)

AllAn who ? :greengrin

hibees 7062
24-05-2015, 08:54 PM

http://rs362.pbsrc.com/albums/oo67/Trevorsbucket_2006_2008/Trevors%20Photo%20Gallery/Trevors%20animated%20photos/Headpossesed.gif~c200

macd123
25-05-2015, 12:10 AM
Aye, it's not difficult.

People looking for £1.5m are kidding themselves on.

Tony andreu and lewis mcleod both went for 1 million to championship teams. Lucas jutkiewicz went for 1.5 million. Allan is better than them and would be good value for someone at that price.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2015, 12:20 AM
Tony andreu and lewis mcleod both went for 1 million to championship teams. Lucas jutkiewicz went for 1.5 million. Allan is better than them and would be good value for someone at that price.

Scott Allan will not go for anything over around £750000, whilst we remain in the Championship and especially when he only has 12 months left on his contract.

nellio
25-05-2015, 09:04 AM
Staying apparently!! Take a look at the bottom of this.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/scottish-first/1321447-hibs-boss-targets-next-seasons-championship-title-after-play-off-defeat/

Unseen work
25-05-2015, 04:50 PM
imo scott allan would only move to england, i really cant see him moving to another scottish team. He has said on numerous occaisions he wants to try again and succeed in england

Jack Hackett
25-05-2015, 07:05 PM
This all seems to be a bit opening the stable door before the horse wants to bolt

jamieross
25-05-2015, 08:58 PM
I seen that Tweet yesterday, had a look in his TL, looks like heels having a conversation with a Hertz supporting journal then continued to add the 'for nothing' bit and spout it all over Twitter. Embarrassing stuff.

Swedish hibee
25-05-2015, 09:14 PM
He loves the Hibs! :aok:

Fergus52
25-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Staying apparently!! Take a look at the bottom of this.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/scottish-first/1321447-hibs-boss-targets-next-seasons-championship-title-after-play-off-defeat/

Great news!

If true, I'm confident of winning the league next season even if rangers stay down.

monktonharp
25-05-2015, 10:48 PM
I am pleased to read this. However, the Laddie might have said this, without the ******* his agent has told him so we'll still have to see what happens. I would be delighted if he stays, and I know he still has a contract, but he is a class act. Stubbsy, well let's hope he is still on the sheet and can pick up another couple of good' uns as he has done very well, imho.

monktonharp
25-05-2015, 10:50 PM
my comments in the last post, are without reading the whole script, btw

sambajustice
26-05-2015, 07:32 AM
If i had to choose between one of McGeouch and Allan I'd choose the former purely because of the effort and ground that the boy covers. I think teams show again and again that desire outweighs flair, in this league anyway and for most of the premier league as well.

I have no doubt that Hibs are a better football team, with both these guys in it, than the entire first division and a lot of the premier league, we just lacked that killer instinct for some reason.

Anyway, back to the point, I'd say McGeouch would be what we definitely NEED while Allan is more of a luxury type player.

Of course, I'd rather we kept both because Allan is class but i just think McGeouch is more important to the team.

This is all just going by what i saw of Hibs this season which was a wee bit but not as much as most on here.

keep the faith
26-05-2015, 07:41 AM
If i had to choose between one of McGeouch and Allan I'd choose the former purely because of the effort and ground that the boy covers. I think teams show again and again that desire outweighs flair, in this league anyway and for most of the premier league as well.

I have no doubt that Hibs are a better football team, with both these guys in it, than the entire first division and a lot of the premier league, we just lacked that killer instinct for some reason.

Anyway, back to the point, I'd say McGeouch would be what we definitely NEED while Allan is more of a luxury type player.

Of course, I'd rather we kept both because Allan is class but i just think McGeouch is more important to the team.

This is all just going by what i saw of Hibs this season which was a wee bit but not as much as most on here.

Mcgeouch before Allan??? I definitely disagree with that assessment. I would be happy if Dylan stayed but not too bothered if he went.
Allan is the best we have had since Franck and Russell. Potentially an iconic player for us and essential to our ambition.

HappyAsHellas
26-05-2015, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE=sambajustice;4383631]If i had to choose between one of McGeouch and Allan I'd choose the former purely because of the effort and ground that the boy covers. I think teams show again and again that desire outweighs flair, in this league anyway and for most of the premier league as well.

Can you list the diabetics who cover so much more ground than Allan?

s.a.m
26-05-2015, 08:20 AM
Greig Mailer ‏@greig23 13h13 hours ago (https://twitter.com/greig23/status/602919370675879938) Classy performance from @ScottAllan_ (https://twitter.com/ScottAllan_) tonight at @HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) @nhslothian (https://twitter.com/nhslothian) #GameChanger (https://twitter.com/hashtag/GameChanger?src=hash) event. Over 100 kids with #diabetes (https://twitter.com/hashtag/diabetes?src=hash) equally impressed

SlickShoes
26-05-2015, 08:45 AM

I'd say you are off your rocker to put McGeouch before Allan, Allan is far and away the best midfielder we have had for a large number of years, he can sit and hold the ball, he has a range of passing (doesn't always work) and he can actually run at a defence and beat them, he is fairly good in a dead ball situation too.

Hibs should be going all out to keep Allan, he is worth more to us here than the 500k we would get selling him. If Rangers go up there is no doubt that he is the best player in this league by a country mile next season.

If we get promoted next season we need to keep Scott Allan, this is the type of midfielder you can build a team around.

CallumLaidlaw
26-05-2015, 08:56 AM

Nah, can't agree. Allan is a gamechanger. he's had around 20 assists this season, and I can only imagine how many chances he's created that haven't been taken. I like Mcgeoch, but I dont think he always makes his mark on a match.

Nando™
26-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Can you list the diabetics who cover so much more ground than Allan?

What has his condition got to do with the discussion?

JimBHibees
26-05-2015, 09:11 AM

Cant agree both are quality players however Dylan seems to be a little injury prone and has missed a number of key games while Scott Allan is the guy that can create a goal with his fantastic ability. Would be great if we could get both however if there had to be a choice it would need to be Scott IMO.

essexhibee
26-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Mcgeough over allan wow.

Best Hibs midfielder since Scott Brown imo. The guys touch is unreal, awareness and range of passing fantastic. First time I've seen him in the flesh on saturday. Absolute joy to watch its players like him that will bring the fans in.

scoopyboy
26-05-2015, 09:25 AM

If Scott Allan was lazy I would agree with you but he puts a shift in so I won't.

GreenOnions
26-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Scott Allan has been a joy to watch this season. He's one of the main reasons my enthusiasm for watching games has returned so I would be absolutely delighted to see him run out for us again next season.

Smartie
26-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Mcgeough over allan wow.

Best Hibs midfielder since Scott Brown imo. The guys touch is unreal, awareness and range of passing fantastic. First time I've seen him in the flesh on saturday. Absolute joy to watch its players like him that will bring the fans in.

:agree:

He's different class. He's looked even better when he's had Boyle to hit passes to as well. With the right players around him I think he could be phenomenal (sometimes our movement up front and wide isn't good enough for him to have a realistic target for his passes and they don't come off).

erin go bragh
26-05-2015, 09:44 AM

Cmon . Your at the lash eh . Id love us to sign McGeouch but before Allan ,, NO !

GGTTH

erin go bragh
26-05-2015, 09:47 AM

He's different class. He's looked even better when he's had Boyle to hit passes to as well. With the right players around him I think he could be phenomenal (sometimes our movement up front and wide isn't good enough for him to have a realistic target for his passes and they don't come off).

100% . A bit pace on both wings . Yes fin please !

GGTTH

J-C
26-05-2015, 09:58 AM
100% . A bit pace on both wings . Yes fin please !

GGTTH

If you want pace on both wings, you're going to have to sacrifice a striker as we need 3 midfielders, play 3 at the back but would you replace Gray with someone like boyle ? I'd like to see us play an attacking 4-2-3-1 like Celtic play, loads of energy and bags of technique from the 3 guys behind the striker.

jacomo
26-05-2015, 10:00 AM
If Scott Allan was lazy I would agree with you but he puts a shift in so I won't.

One of the best things about him is that he always makes himself available for the ball. Such a welcome improvement from the static midfielders we've endured in recent years.

Heedersnvolleys
26-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Greig Mailer‏@greig23 13h13 hours ago (https://twitter.com/greig23/status/602919370675879938) Classy performance from @ScottAllan_ (https://twitter.com/ScottAllan_) tonight at @HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) @nhslothian (https://twitter.com/nhslothian) #GameChanger (https://twitter.com/hashtag/GameChanger?src=hash) event. Over 100 kids with #diabetes (https://twitter.com/hashtag/diabetes?src=hash) equally impressed

Was there last night with my daughter, he certainly was, answered all the kids questions, had a selfie with almost everyone of the kids, really inspirational for the kids as his message I thought he was trying to get across to them was that their condition should in no way hinder anything they want to do in life.

I have to admit I am not one for getting taken in by all this stuff but you could tell it meant a lot to him getting his message across as he was not very comfortable speaking to a large audience. Respect was even more heightened as was speaking to my daughters doctor after it and she said it was all Scott's idea and it was him that approach them to do this with the club.

He also explained he has controlled the physical side of last a whole game now with his condition, diet, medication etc.. but hinted that he sometimes has to control the mood swings with highs and lows of blood sugars. I think it explains some of his hot headedness

sambajustice
26-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Happy to bow to those who have seen Hibs more this season. My opinion is based on the few times i saw hibs during the year. Just felt that McGeouch would run 50 yards back, put in a tackle, break up the play, charge 40 yards forward with the ball whilst Allan who is undoubtedly more silky and can do better things was prone to trying to be too smart, looking for the Hollywood ball right at the last second rather than just shuffling a 5 or 10 yard pass quickly into someone in space.

Not saying McGeouch is better just maybe what we need more than Allan if push came to shove.

For example i think you'd get 7 out of 10 every week from McGeouch regardless whilst you might get a 10 from Allan one game followed by a couple of 3's or 4's.

As i said, happy to bow to those that can judge having watched the team over the course of the season

Thecat23
26-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Happy to bow to those who have seen Hibs more this season. My opinion is based on the few times i saw hibs during the year. Just felt that McGeouch would run 50 yards back, put in a tackle, break up the play, charge 40 yards forward with the ball whilst Allan who is undoubtedly more silky and can do better things was prone to trying to be too smart, looking for the Hollywood ball right at the last second rather than just shuffling a 5 or 10 yard pass quickly into someone in space.

Not saying McGeouch is better just maybe what we need more than Allan if push came to shove.

For example i think you'd get 7 out of 10 every week from McGeouch regardless whilst you might get a 10 from Allan one game followed by a couple of 3's or 4's.

As i said, happy to bow to those that can judge having watched the team over the course of the season

You can only go with what you have seen so nothing wrong with stating you're opinion on that. I do feel Allan is the better of the two though but both very good players who I'd like to see at ER next season. Don't think Dylan will be here but that's just my personal opinion nothing to base it on.

jacomo
26-05-2015, 11:28 AM

But McGeouch has missed large chunks of the season through injury??

If you want consistency, Allan offered much more of that last season simply through being available for selection more of the time.

Smartie
26-05-2015, 11:42 AM

I think it's a fair shout actually.

McGeoch does offer an awful lot as a player. He's a bit more of an all-rounder, is possibly more consistent and is a bit more of a grafter.

Allan is more of a maverick but he is the player that makes us tick. If Allan plays well, Hibs play well and it is his mercurial ability that carves teams open. He needs players like McGeoch to help make him play though.

Just because they're both midfielders you're not really comparing like with like though.

I have a mate who supports Brechin and has been to the odd game with me as well as watching Hibs when we've been on tv. He's convinced Allan is garbage and doesn't know what we all see in him. He prefers to focus on all the times he gives the ball away (ignoring the fact that these are often attempts to carve open a defence). In his opinion Fyvie is our best player.

Ronster117
26-05-2015, 11:59 AM
I think it's a fair shout actually.

McGeoch does offer an awful lot as a player. He's a bit more of an all-rounder, is possibly more consistent and is a bit more of a grafter.

Allan is more of a maverick but he is the player that makes us tick. If Allan plays well, Hibs play well and it is his mercurial ability that carves teams open. He needs players like McGeoch to help make him play though.

Just because they're both midfielders you're not really comparing like with like though.

I have a mate who supports Brechin and has been to the odd game with me as well as watching Hibs when we've been on tv. He's convinced Allan is garbage and doesn't know what we all see in him. He prefers to focus on all the times he gives the ball away (ignoring the fact that these are often attempts to carve open a defence). In his opinion Fyvie is our best player.

Fyvie is a decent player but our best......no.... theres a few ahead of him in the best player stakes

Mikey09
26-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Was there last night with my daughter, he certainly was, answered all the kids questions, had a selfie with almost everyone of the kids, really inspirational for the kids as his message I thought he was trying to get across to them was that their condition should in no way hinder anything they want to do in life.

I have to admit I am not one for getting taken in by all this stuff but you could tell it meant a lot to him getting his message across as he was not very comfortable speaking to a large audience. Respect was even more heightened as was speaking to my daughters doctor after it and she said it was all Scott's idea and it was him that approach them to do this with the club.

He also explained he has controlled the physical side of last a whole game now with his condition, diet, medication etc.. but hinted that he sometimes has to control the mood swings with highs and lows of blood sugars. I think it explains some of his hot headedness

Have to say this is one of the best posts I've read on here... :top marks

scooby
26-05-2015, 12:28 PM

:top marks
Absolutely agree with this, If we can keep Allan and add Boyle or others with pace and vision out wide, we would be far more effective and dangerous going forward. IMO our lack of wingers has led to us being very one dimensional this season.

KeithTheHibby
26-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Hibs without Scott Allan next year is unthinkable. He is at the heart of most of our attacks.

Give me a midfield of him, Dylan, Fyvie, Robertson and Boyle any day of the week.

patlowe
26-05-2015, 03:37 PM

Much as I really like McGeouch, I'm not so sure about this. Even when Allan is off form he tends to create goal scoring opportunities out of nothing and, ultimately, make a difference. Therefore I'd say he very rarely slips below a 7, even when he doesn't seem at the races. After a season in which he has created so much, and we're talking bundles of assists and point-winning passes, I just can't see past Allan as the most important player in the team, by miles actually. He also reminds me of great players like Latapy in that, for whatever reason, he is very rarely unavailable or injured, despite being a clear target for the cloggers. How many creative, skillful players have we seen in the past (Zemmama, Boozy etc) that had great ability but were injured half the time and therefore less valuable. In some ways I think his potential and ability is underrated - cue the mirth of Jambos.

If we keep him, great. If not, well, he really should be playing at a higher level and I personally would quite like to see him lining up for Scotland in the near future. Hopefully he can do both of those things at Hibs but I'm doubtful he'll be getting advised as such.

Diclonius
26-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Hibs without Scott Allan next year is unthinkable. He is at the heart of most of our attacks.

Give me a midfield of him, Dylan, Fyvie, Robertson and Boyle any day of the week.

All we need is a left winger to complement Boyle and we're covered in midfield. They would rip first division defences apart.

shetlandhibee
26-05-2015, 04:11 PM
:top marks
Much as I really like McGeouch, I'm not so sure about this. Even when Allan is off form he tends to create goal scoring opportunities out of nothing and, ultimately, make a difference. Therefore I'd say he very rarely slips below a 7, even when he doesn't seem at the races. After a season in which he has created so much, and we're talking bundles of assists and point-winning passes, I just can't see past Allan as the most important player in the team, by miles actually. He also reminds me of great players like Latapy in that, for whatever reason, he is very rarely unavailable or injured, despite being a clear target for the cloggers. How many creative, skillful players have we seen in the past (Zemmama, Boozy etc) that had great ability but were injured half the time and therefore less valuable. In some ways I think his potential and ability is underrated - cue the mirth of Jambos.

If we keep him, great. If not, well, he really should be playing at a higher level and I personally would quite like to see him lining up for Scotland in the near future. Hopefully he can do both of those things at Hibs but I'm doubtful he'll be getting advised as such.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-05-2015, 08:00 PM
I see the huns are getting themselves all in a flap on FB and Twitter tonight saying that Scotty has revealed to a family member that Paul Murray approached him after Saturday's game to sound him about a move. They are convinced it's as good as a done deal. They don't see the irony of the fact they pelted him with objects for 90 minutes last week, or the fact that it is illegal to tap a contracted player up. Utter vermin

bingo70
26-05-2015, 08:15 PM

Off topic but out of curiosity, did he say if he had the insulin pump?

PPZPOL
26-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Off topic but out of curiosity, did he say if he had the insulin pump?

Said he didn't use a pump due to nature of job, would be too dangerous. Basically getting taken out by hammer throwers!

bingo70
26-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Said he didn't use a pump due to nature of job, would be too dangerous. Basically getting taken out by hammer throwers!

Interesting, cheers.

Should be obvious I suppose but I wondered if he'd take it off before the game then put it in for a bit at half time or if it wouldn't work like that.

SunshineOnLeith
26-05-2015, 09:06 PM
I see the huns are getting themselves all in a flap on FB and Twitter tonight saying that Scotty has revealed to a family member that Paul Murray approached him after Saturday's game to sound him about a move. They are convinced it's as good as a done deal. They don't see the irony of the fact they pelted him with objects for 90 minutes last week, or the fact that it is illegal to tap a contracted player up. Utter vermin

I'd expect interest from Rangers, but I'd like to see Hibs dig our heels in and not sell to them - they won't offer a decent fee, just try and use the likes of Keith Jackson to pressure us into a cheap sale. For all Rod's faults, he didn't buckle when the tabloids turned on him with Thomsom and Brown, time for Leanne to show the same fortitude.

If an English club were to offer a serious fee I'd accept him leaving, but not for pittance to that lot.