PDA

View Full Version : If Rangers go up..

Diclonius
23-05-2015, 02:14 PM
..We should be battering this division in the same way that Hearts did.

I'm sorry but Motherwell and St Mirren have paltry budgets compared to ours and anything other than a comfortable 1st place is inexcusable.

I'm also of the belief that the board and Stubbs think the same way and will not make any excuses or concessions. They'll want this just as much as we do.

Steve20
23-05-2015, 02:18 PM
We're not better than Motherwell or St Mirren.

As long as people give the club the money, they don't give a *****.

cabbage_88
23-05-2015, 02:19 PM
We are definitely better than st mirren at the moment. Motherwell havent had a great season but have a couple of decent players. Would 100% much rather our squad than any of their 2

Glory Lurker
23-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Agree 100% with the OP. Not going up is a disaster, and anything less than targeting a very strong first place neXT season would be utterly unacceptable.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 02:24 PM

Strange post

California-Hibs
23-05-2015, 02:58 PM

Aye, ok pal...

Pete
23-05-2015, 02:59 PM

What are you suggesting? Not giving the club money?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-05-2015, 03:03 PM

Wow 😂😂

emerald green
23-05-2015, 03:10 PM
I really hate to say this, because I despise the Ibrox club and their bigoted supporters, but for the sake of Hibs trying to gain promotion next season, it would be better if the Ibrox club go up.

By hook or by crook (pardon the pun) they will strengthen their playing squad considerably next season. If they stay down, I think they would probably win the Championship next season, and Hibs could be facing the uncertainty of play-off matches again.

If Hibs and Rangers are both in the Championship next season, then Hibs might get out of this lower league due to league reconstruction the following season. We would never be allowed to live it down. Sad times.

Sir David Gray
23-05-2015, 03:12 PM

Lol.

tamig
23-05-2015, 05:11 PM

Where do you live by the way? I'll bring you the rope.

Hibs Class
23-05-2015, 07:29 PM
QUOTE=Steve20;4380593]We're not better than Motherwell or St Mirren.

As long as people give the club the money, they don't give a *****.[/QUOTE]

:confused:

Diclonius
23-05-2015, 07:48 PM

Okay.

ballengeich
23-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Getting back to the OP's point, yes if Rangers go up we can expect to have the largest player budget in the championship by some way so should take next season's title if we recruit sensibly. I think that the top three in this season's championship would have been in contention for top 6 in the premier, so we should be favourites for next season's title.

Jonnyboy
23-05-2015, 08:11 PM

You should seriously consider stopping giving them yours in that case. Find something else to do on a Saturday, maybe?

davym7062
23-05-2015, 08:12 PM
We need rangers to win this week coz knowing our luck we would get hertz in the play offs

weonlywon6-2
23-05-2015, 08:36 PM

Bizarre

matty_f
23-05-2015, 09:16 PM

That's the spirit.

EastCalderHibby
23-05-2015, 09:18 PM
we're not better than motherwell or st mirren.

wtf

jacomo
23-05-2015, 09:22 PM
We are definitely better than st mirren at the moment. Motherwell havent had a great season but have a couple of decent players. Would 100% much rather our squad than any of their 2

Don't mean to dampen your optimism, but how do you know squad we'll have next season? I expect at least 3 or 4 of our first team will be away in the summer. Does LD invest or cut back?

Albanian Hibs
23-05-2015, 09:24 PM

Deary me.

CockneyRebel
23-05-2015, 09:29 PM
Don't mean to dampen your optimism, but how do you know squad we'll have next season? I expect at least 3 or 4 of our first team will be away in the summer. Does LD invest or cut back?

Why don't you wait and see - instead of giving up before next season even starts.>

Hovehibby
23-05-2015, 09:32 PM
If we keep the majority of the squad, we should finish top. We should be way ahead of St Mirren, but it depends on how many players 'well lose. They have a few good players, but can they keep them?

Eyrie
23-05-2015, 09:57 PM

Stubbs has already said that his budget will be the same. As regards departures, that happens every offseason and the key is not who leaves, but who arrives to replace them.

jacomo
23-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Why don't you wait and see - instead of giving up before next season even starts.>

I'm not giving up, but if you think our failure to get promoted won't have financial consequences you are living in dream land.

DH1875
24-05-2015, 12:39 AM
I would fully expect us to win the league next season if rangers arent in it. Just my opinion but to finish anything other than first just wouldn't be good enough. Would also start to worry for the club because another season down here after next just wouldn't be healthy, no matter what spin you put on it.

hibeeleicester
24-05-2015, 01:17 AM
Just saying but if there was no Hearts this year, we would of won the league above Rangers?

Who cares if they are here next year?

California-Hibs
24-05-2015, 01:34 AM
Just saying but if there was no Hearts this year, we would of won the league above Rangers?

Who cares if they are here next year?

King is saying he's going to plough in the region of 20 million to the club. Anyone who kids themselves on that Rangers will go into the new season with the current players with no better quality signings, are frankly dreaming!

Jim44
24-05-2015, 06:50 AM

She can't cut back. Promotion is absolutely essential next season or we could find ourselves languishing in the Championship for years to come.

Oscar T Grouch
24-05-2015, 06:59 AM
I'm not giving up, but if you think our failure to get promoted won't have financial consequences you are living in dream land.

We will sell more ST then both Motherwell and St.midden, we will have the largest budget in the league. Not going up will effect out finances but not reletively, we will be the biggest fish in the puddle that's the Scottish championship. Only if the orcs beat the mudders.

DH1875
24-05-2015, 09:10 AM
She can't cut back. Promotion is absolutely essential next season or we could find ourselves languishing in the Championship for years to come.

Agree. If the rangers do go up, what's the chances of us taking the gamble and really going for it.

Jim44
24-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Agree. If the rangers do go up, what's the chances of us taking the gamble and really going for it.

I don't see Petrie going outwith his comfort zone financially even if a relatively minor investment could see us promoted as winners. His blinkered approach is all very well if you are in the Premiership and doing adequately well or treading water to stay where you are. But we are in a situation where improvement and total success are top priority and financial prudence and balancing the books become the gamble.

Hibby Bairn
24-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Can't see Rangers going up tbh.

StevieC
24-05-2015, 09:49 AM
We need rangers to win this week coz knowing our luck we would get hertz in the play offs

Rangers would get them :wink: We did finish above them this season remember.

On the original post .. we would walk it IF we can get a couple of proven goalscorers and shored up central defence.

3pm
24-05-2015, 09:50 AM

She said at a recent HSL meeting that if we didn't get promoted, then she'll be doing her upmost to make sure that we get promoted in the coming year.

StevieC
24-05-2015, 09:52 AM
King is saying he's going to plough in the region of 20 million to the club. Anyone who kids themselves on that Rangers will go into the new season with the current players with no better quality signings, are frankly dreaming!

If King ploughs in 20 million that should just about cover their current debt levels. Who is going to plough in the other 20 million they'd need to strengthen the squad?

Smartie
24-05-2015, 09:59 AM
I don't know why this thread needs to be titled "if Rangers go up".

We should be going all out to do what Hearts did this season irrespective of who is in our league next year.

emerald green
24-05-2015, 10:20 AM
If King ploughs in 20 million that should just about cover their current debt levels. Who is going to plough in the other 20 million they'd need to strengthen the squad?

It's not as simple as that I'm afraid. Debt can be managed, just as it is at Hibs, or any other club.

They don't need anything like £20m to strengthen their squad to win the Scottish Championship! £20m would buy you the whole Championship and some of the SPFL too! :greengrin

They've got something like 35,000 season ticket holders I believe (give or take a few thousand but who cares).

As I posted last night it's guaranteed The Rangers will strengthen their squad for next season, beginning with getting rid of the deadwood high earners like Boyd, Miller, Black etc thereby freeing up money to bring in younger, and better, players.

Furthermore, because they are still thought of as a "big club" (whether we like it or not) they will have no bother attracting decent players on loan. They wont have to fork out millions of pounds on new signings. In fact very few, if any, Scottish clubs can do that these days. Celtic perhaps?

Anybody who thinks the Huns will simply sit on their hands and do nothing to improve their playing squad for next season, no matter what league they are in, is simply in denial or not being realistic.

That's why, for the sake of Hibs having a better chance of winning the Championship outright next season, it's better if Hibs do not have that much stronger newco to compete against.

Yes, Hibs beat them several times last season, but in all honesty they were a shambles then under McCoist, & then McDowall who didn't even want to be in the job.

Nobody despises the Ibrox club as much as me, but I want Hibs out of this lower league next season as winners. That takes priority for me. The potential consequences of failure are simply unthinkable.

It's also sad that some are talking about league reconstruction as a way out. That's by no means certain to happen either.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2015, 11:07 AM
It's not as simple as that I'm afraid. Debt can be managed, just as it is at Hibs, or any other club.

They don't need anything like £20m to strengthen their squad to win the Scottish Championship! £20m would buy you the whole Championship and some of the SPFL too! :greengrin

They've got something like 35,000 season ticket holders I believe (give or take a few thousand but who cares).

As I posted last night it's guaranteed The Rangers will strengthen their squad for next season, beginning with getting rid of the deadwood high earners like Boyd, Miller, Black etc thereby freeing up money to bring in younger, and better, players.

Furthermore, because they are still thought of as a "big club" (whether we like it or not) they will have no bother attracting decent players on loan. They wont have to fork out millions of pounds on new signings. In fact very few, if any, Scottish clubs can do that these days. Celtic perhaps?

Anybody who thinks the Huns will simply sit on their hands and do nothing to improve their playing squad for next season, no matter what league they are in, is simply in denial or not being realistic.

That's why, for the sake of Hibs having a better chance of winning the Championship outright next season, it's better if Hibs do not have that much stronger newco to compete against.

Yes, Hibs beat them several times last season, but in all honesty they were a shambles then under McCoist, & then McDowall who didn't even want to be in the job.

Nobody despises the Ibrox club as much as me, but I want Hibs out of this lower league next season as winners. That takes priority for me. The potential consequences of failure are simply unthinkable.

It's also sad that some are talking about league reconstruction as a way out. That's by no means certain to happen either.

Yep.

If Sevco don't beat Motherwell next week, anyone who thinks that we'll be able to challenge them for the title next season is dreaming, in my opinion.

Let's look at their squad from yesterday and think about which of these players are likely to still be in their first team squad come August;

Bell - Probably
McGregor - Unlikely
McCulloch - Coaching job
Zaliukas - Nope
Foster - Nope
Shiels - Possible squad player
Murdoch - Probably
Law - Probably
Wallace - Probably
Vuckic - Depends on the situation at Newcastle
Miller - Coaching job
Smith - Nope
Mohsni - Cleaner
Black - Painter and decorator
Clark - Probably
Boyd - Pie stall security man
Crawford - Probably
Simonsen - Club bookie

That's only about six or seven players out of a possible eighteen who are likely to still be in the first team squad at the start of next season.

They have the sort of spending power now that we can only hope for and in Stuart McCall (who I expect to get the job on a permanent basis) is actually someone who seems to have a clue about how to put together a decent, hard working side, unlike his two predecessors.

We need them to go up next week.

God Petrie
24-05-2015, 11:11 AM
I don't see Petrie going outwith his comfort zone financially even if a relatively minor investment could see us promoted as winners. His blinkered approach is all very well if you are in the Premiership and doing adequately well or treading water to stay where you are. But we are in a situation where improvement and total success are top priority and financial prudence and balancing the books become the gamble.

Petrie? Really?

Thecat23
24-05-2015, 11:13 AM

£100 we finish above St Mirren and Motherwell if Well drop down?

hou need to see someone as I think you are the most depressed guy on here.

emerald green
24-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Yep.

If Sevco don't beat Motherwell next week, anyone who thinks that we'll be able to challenge them for the title next season is dreaming, in my opinion.

Let's look at their squad from yesterday and think about which of these players are likely to still be in their first team squad come August;

Bell - Probably
McGregor - Unlikely
McCulloch - Coaching job
Zaliukas - Nope
Foster - Nope
Shiels - Possible squad player
Murdoch - Probably
Law - Probably
Wallace - Probably
Vuckic - Depends on the situation at Newcastle
Miller - Coaching job
Smith - Nope
Mohsni - Cleaner
Black - Painter and decorator
Clark - Probably
Boyd - Pie stall security man
Crawford - Probably
Simonsen - Club bookie

That's only about six or seven players out of a possible eighteen who are likely to still be in the first team squad at the start of next season.

They have the sort of spending power now that we can only hope for and in Stuart McCall (who I expect to get the job on a permanent basis) is actually someone who seems to have a clue about how to put together a decent, hard working side, unlike his two predecessors.

We need them to go up next week.

:agree: Good post.

I like the new jobs for Boyd & Simonsen in particular. :aok:

Eyrie
24-05-2015, 11:43 AM
:agree: Good post.

I like the new jobs for Boyd & Simonsen in particular. :aok:

I wouldn't want to be the owner of that pie stall - there would be no product left for the paying customers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2015, 01:12 PM
We will sell more ST then both Motherwell and St.midden, we will have the largest budget in the league.

There is no significance to this, you only need to look at the relative budgets/ST sales of teams that consistently finished above us in the SPL.

Jim44
24-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Petrie? Really?

Well, whoever pulls the purse strings theses days. You obviously know.

Eyrie
24-05-2015, 03:09 PM
There is no significance to this, you only need to look at the relative budgets/ST sales of teams that consistently finished above us in the SPL.

Agreed - it's how the available budget is used that matters. Most of the Craig/Stubbs signings have been good ones, so the omens are positive.

24-05-2015, 04:47 PM
If we can keep this team together and build on it then we are more than capable of winning this league. That's what we should be aiming for. As much as I despise the huns we need them to go up, it will greatly increase our chances of winning the league confertably

pennyhibee
25-05-2015, 12:37 PM
Does the budget really count that much Look at Inverness St Johnstone Ross County Partick Thistle Hamilton all smaller budgets than us but living comfortably in the Premier Just need the right players and not always flairs