PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans throughout and at the end

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Absolutely Phenomenal. Proud to support a club with fans like ours.

bookert
23-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Absolutely Phenomenal. Proud to support a club with fans like ours. me too, got quite emotional

Seven Zero
23-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Shame quite a few stayed away but the ones who were there were superb. Easy stand in particular was some atmosphere. Very proud to support this club after he end there. We will be back!

23-05-2015, 02:20 PM
So proud of the team. They deserved the reception they got at the end.

Onwards and upwards. Obviously disappointed that we didn't do it in the end but we have a team now that we can be proud of. If we can keep that team together and build on it then we will back up where we belong in no time.

:gwa:

tamig
23-05-2015, 02:20 PM

The complete opposite to last season. I remember everyone slinking out in the rain - feeling angry more than anything else. Good to see the team's efforts being applauded deservedly today.

Malthibby
23-05-2015, 02:28 PM

Yup. Was great to see a bit of bonding between the fans & players, despite the result.
We will need this for next season, because we cannot afford another year out of the Premier &
that means turning Easter Road into a fortress, a place teams will fear coming to.
There's just no room for negativity, even if we are feeling sore.
I might do a little private wallowing, but publicly it's GGTTH & roll on next season.

stokesmessiah
23-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Shame quite a few stayed away but the ones who were there were superb. Easy stand in particular was some atmosphere. Very proud to support this club after he end there. We will be back!

What was the attendance?

Ricky Bobby
23-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Great support from the fans throughout, the players gave us a performance we deserved and it was good to see so many staying till the end to give the players the applause they deserved.

Malthibby
23-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Around 14,500 or thereabouts.

sbell1875
23-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Took me back to 2013 and the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic when the fans starting singing with about 10 minutes to go.

Proud to be a Hibee today I must say.

lucky
23-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Great support and great effort but in true Hibs fashion we fall short.

iwasthere1972
23-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Around 14,500 or thereabouts.

Seriously thought it was more than that. Not a great amount of empty seats in the east and west stands. I was in the FF upper so not sure how many there was in that stand. I would have still said nearer 16k.

Ringothedog
23-05-2015, 02:55 PM
What was the attendance?

HibsNutter
23-05-2015, 03:15 PM
So much would prefer that every week than to filling the seats with moans

Scouse Hibee
23-05-2015, 03:15 PM

Said 14000 something at the game

Frank Moon
23-05-2015, 03:20 PM
It was good at the end but we don't do what Jambos, Rangers or Celtic do and back the team during the game when things aren't going we'll. We had a bit of pressure second half and the Gers started singing to get behind their team. We go quiet when the game is against us

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2015, 03:20 PM
The noise coming out the East Stand today makes a mockery of any argument against building it. The big problem is filling it but today that stand and all in it were immense. It's just a pity we couldn't have got an early goal and really got the place jumping.

frazeHFC
23-05-2015, 03:23 PM
At the end the applause that rung round the 3 stands confused me at first, thought it was a planned thing for someone but soon realised it was just applauding the teams efforts, and then we scored.

Gutted at not going up but proud to be a Hibee.

CraigHibee
23-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Great atmosphere today, probably the best all season imo, was good to see the majority staying behind to applaud the team

emerald green
23-05-2015, 03:29 PM
The Hibs supporters who were there today were great as per usual, but 14,700 is a poor attendance for such an important match for the club.

Given that there was 18,000 at the play-off against Hamilton Accies last season, where have those supporters gone?

One theory is that some were waiting to see what the score was on Wednesday, and decided not to bother going today as a result of that scoreline?

23-05-2015, 03:32 PM
At the end the applause that rung round the 3 stands confused me at first, thought it was a planned thing for someone but soon realised it was just applauding the teams efforts, and then we scored.

Same, thought it was absolutely brilliant

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-05-2015, 03:34 PM

Me too.

Currie Hibee
23-05-2015, 03:35 PM

Agreed great touch by the fans and showed how far the club has come in 12 months.

matty_f
23-05-2015, 03:38 PM
The fans were terrific today - a credit to the club.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Really enjoyed today and more importantly so did the wee man. although some people would rather we were booing and baying for blood. Today is what road the future of the the support should take. Enjoyable and backing the team to the end.. So what if I'm a happy clapper.

Moulin Yarns
23-05-2015, 03:45 PM
What was the attendance?

Officially Att: 14,742

Bishop Hibee
23-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Fans were magnificent for the whole game. hostile for the Huns and backed the team.

lyonhibs
23-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Officially Att: 14,742

A little over 13,000 Hibs fans for a game of that magnitude with a team capable of playing decent football is a bit disappointing.

18000 odd turned up for a team managed by Terry ******g Butcher ??!!

Ringothedog
23-05-2015, 04:07 PM
Said 14000 something at the game

I must be going deaf in my old age

tamig
23-05-2015, 04:45 PM
The Hibs supporters who were there today were great as per usual, but 14,700 is a poor attendance for such an important match for the club.

Given that there was 18,000 at the play-off against Hamilton Accies last season, where have those supporters gone?

One theory is that some were waiting to see what the score was on Wednesday, and decided not to bother going today as a result of that scoreline?

I think that was just it. Sad to see so many folk giving up on the team following a first leg defeat. Defeatist and negative attitude.

Golden Bear
23-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Took me back to 2013 and the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic when the fans starting singing with about 10 minutes to go.

Proud to be a Hibee today I must say.

I do not normally applaud failure but the players should be proud of their efforts today and thoroughly merited the accolade at the end of the game.

I'll not mention 2013 however - that was an entirely different story.

weonlywon6-2
23-05-2015, 04:53 PM
If we can kick on next season and get top spot early we will get decent crowds again

Keith_M
23-05-2015, 04:57 PM

Presumably a lot of people went last year, encouraged by the first leg score, that thought we didn't have a chance today, so didn't bother.

There are different levels of devotion in different supporters, as well as the fact that a lot of people quite understandably have been affected by the downturn in our fortunes over the last few years.

It's their choice and, IMO, it's really no big deal

My_Wife_Camille
23-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Shame that about 5000 of them have been nowhere to be seen this season and probably won't be around next season either

Keith_M
23-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Shame that about 5000 of them have been nowhere to be seen this season and probably won't be around next season either

Surely that' a bit of an exagerration. I really don't think our crowds have been down anything like that much.

Today, for instance,we sold 3,000 less tickets than the equivelant tie last year, but last year's crowd was boosted on the back of a first leg win.

emerald green
23-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Presumably a lot of people went last year, encouraged by the first leg score, that thought we didn't have a chance today, so didn't bother.

There are different levels of devotion in different supporters, as well as the fact that a lot of people quite understandably have been affected by the downturn in our fortunes over the last few years.

It's their choice and, IMO, it's really no big deal

I agree with much of that, but what bothers me is if this indicative of a significant, permanent, drop in the Hibs fan base, and could also be reflected in attendances next season.

Swedish hibee
23-05-2015, 05:11 PM
I got very emotional at the end.
The east looked amazing today- well done everyone.

"This time next year.........." :wink:

My_Wife_Camille
23-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Surely that' a bit of an exagerration. I really don't think our crowds have been down anything like that much.

Today, for instance,we sold 3,000 less tickets than the equivelant tie last year, but last year's crowd was boosted on the back of a first leg win.
15k at the game today, around 13.5k Hibs fans. I don't think it's exaggerating at all to say that we'll only see 8.5k Hibs fans at best next season. It's all well and good singing and applauding today but where were those 5k for the rest of the season? And where will they be next season?

Bad Martini
23-05-2015, 05:18 PM
15k at the game today, around 13.5k Hibs fans. I don't think it's exaggerating at all to say that we'll only see 8.5k Hibs fans at best next season. It's all well and good singing and applauding today but where were those 5k for the rest of the season? And where will they be next season?

Maybe if they all stay away you'll be able to say you were right and cause a riot on here?

:aok::rolleyes:

tamig
23-05-2015, 05:20 PM

I shouldn't say this but your posts are getting on my wick. Not sure if you were around in 98/99 but do you remember what happened then? I can see a repeat of that next season.

Keith_M
23-05-2015, 05:21 PM

It's understandable you're on a downer, as nobody wanted to be in the Championship for another season, but I really believe we will recover and will get promoted next season.

The Fans will come back, as we're playing a decent brand of Football (albeit with flaws) and I think the team is going to improve over the summer as Stubbs and Dempster have the full pre-season to get us ready.

tamig
23-05-2015, 05:21 PM

And I take it you're a charlie by the user name?

My_Wife_Camille
23-05-2015, 05:30 PM
I shouldn't say this but your posts are getting on my wick. Not sure if you were around in 98/99 but do you remember what happened then? I can see a repeat of that next season.
I can't say I've ever read any of yours.

It's understandable you're on a downer, as nobody wanted to be in the Championship for another season, but I really believe we will recover and will get promoted next season.

The Fans will come back, as we're playing a decent brand of Football (albeit with flaws) and I think the team is going to improve over the summer as Stubbs and Dempster have the full pre-season to get us ready.
I think the team have every chance of improving. My post (and indeed this thread) wasn't about the team. It was about the fans. My point was there was thousands of fans applauding the players and singing "Stubbsy" at full time when in reality a huge number of those very people have been nowhere to be seen all season and will be the same next season.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2015, 06:01 PM

Put me down as one of them 5000, and you are right i wont be seen much if at all next season. And that will fill me with a warm glow that mine and others absence will annoy the f out of you.

OsloHibs
23-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Put me down as one of them 5000, and you are right i wont be seen much if at all next season. And that will fill me with a warm glow that mine and others absence will annoy the f out of you.

Why bother to post on this forum then? Not trying to start an argument, but I just don't get if you feel like this, then why you bother to even log on to a Hibs forum?

Anyways, Well done to all the fans today. You were coming through loud & proud online and the noise was awesome :aok:

Pete
23-05-2015, 06:13 PM

You didn't see much of this season so I don't think your absence will make much difference.

Saying that, I wouldn't travel from Blackpool to watch us.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Why bother to post on this forum then? Not trying to start an argument, but I just don't get if you feel like this, then why you bother to even log on to a Hibs forum?

Anyways, Well done to all the fans today. You were coming through loud & proud online and the noise was awesome :aok:

Because i went today, and dont need pricks like him asking where i have been or were i will be next season. In fact its pricks like that that partly put me off bothering.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Because i went today, and dont need pricks like him asking where i have been or were i will be next season. In fact its pricks like that that partly put me off bothering.

Yup, uberfans are starting to get on my wick. Go when you want, enjoy the game, shout, clap, boo whatever makes you feel good, don't worry what everyone else is doing,, go home,, too many people are starting to get dilutions of grandure

HappyHanlon
23-05-2015, 06:31 PM

Living in Blackpool that's understandable.

But there will be fans who went today or any other big match who will turn their back on the team. My Wife Camilla has a point that there will be a drop in crowd. Look at our attendances throughout the season.

That said, if we can continue the great football we've played during large parts of the season then, like our last stint in the First Division, the crowds will start to pick up.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Yup, uberfans are starting to get on my wick. Go when you want, enjoy the game, shout, clap, boo whatever makes you feel good, don't worry what everyone else is doing,, go home,, too many people are starting to get dilutions of grandure

:faf::faf:

Why this uberfan nonsense? Some fans go week in week out, some don't, calling those that do go uberfans gets my hack up though, no need.....

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Living in Blackpool that's understandable.

But there will be fans who went today or any other big match who will turn their back on the team. My Wife Camilla has a point that there will be a drop in crowd. Look at our attendances throughout the season.

That said, if we can continue the great football we've played during large parts of the season then, like our last stint in the First Division, the crowds will start to pick up.

Living in Blackpool means nothing, if we were in the top league i was buying a season ticket for next season. I have no desire or will to travel to watch Alloa or Cowden****inbeath for my £400.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 06:35 PM
:faf::faf:

Why this uberfan nonsense? Some fans go week in week out, some don't, calling those that do go uberfans gets my hack up though, no need.....

I wasn't labelling guys that go every week.. I go every week but I don't look down or slag of people that don't. People with their head so far up their own arse who think they are better than other people I refer to as uber fans

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 06:36 PM
I wasn't labelling guys that go every week.. I go every week but I don't look down or slag of people that don't. People with their head so far up their own arse who think they are better than other people I refer to as uber fans

Ah OK :aok:

My_Wife_Camille
23-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Living in Blackpool means nothing, if we were in the top league i was buying a season ticket for next season. I have no desire or will to travel to watch Alloa or Cowden****inbeath for my £400.
Not a real fan. Better off without you

HappyHanlon
23-05-2015, 06:38 PM

Majority of the teams in the Championship would give 3/4 of the Premier League a decent game week in, week out though.

You're Falkirks, Raith, QOTS would easily give dross like Hamilton, Ross County etc... a good game.

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2015, 06:40 PM

I think the applause was sparked off by the Rangers support attempting to ridicule us. We are better than them and showed it.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Not a real fan. Better off without you

I never said i was?

Borderhibbie76
23-05-2015, 06:42 PM

Your decision BH but you post an awful lot on here for someone who supposedly has no interest in following Hibs in the Championship.. why bother??

kaimendhibs
23-05-2015, 06:44 PM

Don't worry, Cowdenbeath got relegated

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Your decision BH but you post an awful lot on here for someone who supposedly has no interest in following Hibs in the Championship.. why bother??

Still love the club, but not enough to travel or get up early and spend all day away from home for the Championship. I have watched every game thats been on the telly, and some of them have been very good.

Yet the others i watch on HI are like training matches, i have no desire to take the day off to watch these games.

My_Wife_Camille
23-05-2015, 06:46 PM
I never said i was?
Excellent! So we agree on that one:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Excellent! So we agree on that one:thumbsup:

I dont think i'd agree with anything you have to say.

ehf
23-05-2015, 07:18 PM

The applause before the goal was a reaction to the Sevco fans singing "Cheer Up Alan Stubbs" - in which, it should be noted, they referred to him as a "fat fenian b@strd".

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 07:20 PM
The applause before the goal was a reaction to the Sevco fans singing "Cheer Up Alan Stubbs" - in which, it should be noted, they referred to him as a "fat fenian b@strd".

Yeh I've just watched the game back and it's loud and s
Clear. **** of the earth. There is no place for that or any other religious or racist songs at football matches in this day and age

IWASTHERE1902
23-05-2015, 08:26 PM
I really can't be arsed with all this uber fan stuff. Can we not just let people turn up when they want to. If some fans who haven't turned up for a while come to the big games then why not, they might just keep coming. Realistically you can't expect all people who call themselves hibs fans to turn up every week, it just won't happen. We should welcome big game supporters back not shun them. I'm a season ticket holder this year and have renewed for next, but the previous 4-5 seasons I picked my games. Does this not make me a true fan of the club. It really annoys me when we have a hampden game and people say where are they every week, would these people prefer if just our season ticket holders turned up at hampden.
People go through different stages of life, when I was early 20's I went every game. Had kids then stopped going as much, hit financial difficulties so stopped going at all. Settled now and take kids with me every home game and some away. Maybe some of these big game fans are just at different stages in life. I bet there are very few fans who have been uber fans for every year of their life. Do you need to go every week to be a fan - if you do then I think our fans could be counted in the dozens, not thousands.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 08:27 PM
I really can't be arsed with all this uber fan stuff. Can we not just let people turn up when they want to. If some fans who haven't turned up for a while come to the big games then why not, they might just keep coming. Realistically you can't expect all people who call themselves hibs fans to turn up every week, it just won't happen. We should welcome big game supporters back not shun them. I'm a season ticket holder this year and have renewed for next, but the previous 4-5 seasons I picked my games. Does this not make me a true fan of the club. It really annoys me when we have a hampden game and people say where are they every week, would these people prefer if just our season ticket holders turned up at hampden.
People go through different stages of life, when I was early 20's I went every game. Had kids then stopped going as much, hit financial difficulties so stopped going at all. Settled now and take kids with me every home game and some away. Maybe some of these big game fans are just at different stages in life. I bet there are very few fans who have been uber fans for every year of their life. Do you need to go every week to be a fan - if you do then I think our fans could be counted in the dozens, not thousands.

Great post

alexhibs
23-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Yeh I've just watched the game back and it's loud and s
Clear. **** of the earth. There is no place for that or any other religious or racist songs at football matches in this day and age

As I said on another post how do they get away with singing their vile songs. It's so blatantly clear what they sing, disgusting and cringeworthy.

alexhibs
23-05-2015, 09:54 PM

Supported Hibs all my life, been a season ticket holder on and off, a member of the Hibs One Hundred, currently contributing to HSL and only manage to get to a few games a season as I live down south now. Drove up last night, 250 miles, went to game and back down after game. My two lads have been season ticket holders for years and if I was still in Scotland I would have a season ticket. I am huge Hibs fan believe me, regardless whether I get to games or not. Some of these young people attending games every week is great but things change in life and I'm sure some of these supporters will be affected at some time. Very emotional at end of game today.

JimBHibees
24-05-2015, 08:05 AM
The fans were terrific today - a credit to the club.

Agree thought the applause at the end was superb as was SOL. The players and management deserved that support after the season we have had.

marleyhib
24-05-2015, 10:31 AM
Atmosphere was pretty special yesterday, most fans seemed pleased with the effort shown by the players and coaching staff.

IMHO if we can start next season well and push on from this season we should win the league, winning football = more fans regardless of the division we are in.

It's been a tough time for us supporters but I think the majority feel we are seeing progress on and off the park.

Roll on next season.

Spike Mandela
24-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Posted this on another thread but probably should have been on this one..........

The applause was an interesting one and one of the most remarkable things I have ever seen(heard) at ER.

It started a few minutes before the game finished. At this point it was clear the team wasn't going to succeed and one or two players were getting frustrated but it just started spontaneously and majority of fans picked up on it.

For me it was an overwhelming sense of appreciation that this team had played well, deserved more from the game and indeed the season but it just wasn't to be. Play offs were always going to be a lottery. You could almost feel some of the players puff out their chest, the Rangers fans didn't know what to make of it, they were perplexed.

I think it shows a sort of synchronicity between the fans and this set of players and manager. We knew how they felt and they knew how we felt. We certainly let the manager and the players know that we have their backs.

Yes we failed to acheive our obvious target for the season but there was always going to be at least one of 'the big three' that was going to miss out. The only thing that annoys me about the whole thing is that now the teams who succeed be it Hearts, Rangers or Motherwell are all teams that have used the cheats charter of administration in order to continue and prosper. Hibs as ever do things the right way but don't get the credit or success they deserve for it.

Very proud of my team and fellow supporter yesterday whilst still feeling totally gutted at failing to get promoted.

matty_f
24-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Spike, totally agree with your post.

I thought the clapping was a superb way to back the team against the heckles coming from the The Rangers end. As they finally found their voice rather than back their own team they focused on trying to noise us up.

The Hibs support drowned them out with the applause and it showed a real togetherness that has been missing from the club for so long now.

I thought it was fantastic.

Smartie
24-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Whilst I thought the fans were great yesterday but for about 20 minutes prior to the bizarre applause I thought we went very quiet indeed.

The players were starting to get frustrated and I think we all realised it was slipping away from us.

Given what's gone on over the past few years it was understandable but it was probably the time that the team needed us most.

Mr White
24-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Posted this on another thread but probably should have been on this one..........

The applause was an interesting one and one of the most remarkable things I have ever seen(heard) at ER.

It started a few minutes before the game finished. At this point it was clear the team wasn't going to succeed and one or two players were getting frustrated but it just started spontaneously and majority of fans picked up on it.

For me it was an overwhelming sense of appreciation that this team had played well, deserved more from the game and indeed the season but it just wasn't to be. Play offs were always going to be a lottery. You could almost feel some of the players puff out their chest, the Rangers fans didn't know what to make of it, they were perplexed.

I think it shows a sort of synchronicity between the fans and this set of players and manager. We knew how they felt and they knew how we felt. We certainly let the manager and the players know that we have their backs.

Yes we failed to acheive our obvious target for the season but there was always going to be at least one of 'the big three' that was going to miss out. The only thing that annoys me about the whole thing is that now the teams who succeed be it Hearts, Rangers or Motherwell are all teams that have used the cheats charter of administration in order to continue and prosper. Hibs as ever do things the right way but don't get the credit or success they deserve for it.

Very proud of my team and fellow supporter yesterday whilst still feeling totally gutted at failing to get promoted.
Spot on. After some of the pish we've been subjected to over the last 5 years a bit of solidarity between players and fans and defiance in the face of defeat is a good thing imo. While they've fallen short this season I would never fault this group of players for effort and commitment.

whiskyhibby
24-05-2015, 10:59 AM

Completely agree it was a great moment during the game, on the issue of who joins us personally I would prefer The Rangers to beat Motherwell as I feel that Motherwell will be the easier to beat next season as they will have a dramatically reduced budget unless Tam Cowan dips into his personal fortune [emoji23]

NAE NOOKIE
24-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Its a shame this has degenerated into a mini uberfan argument.

The Hibs fans were tremendous yesterday and a credit to themselves and the club. With 5 minutes or so to go a guy behind me in the FF upper started clapping and within a few seconds everybody was doing the same ..... IMO it resulted in one of the most moving and heart warming displays of support for the team I have ever been part of, and for its own reasons topped the end of the 2013 cup final.

The team deserved every bit of that show of support .... I really cant see how over the two legs they could have done any more, they played some really good football with guts and determination, especially yesterday. The Huns can count themselves extremely fortunate to have beaten us over the two ties.

Stranraer
24-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Absolutely agree, even when we went a goal behind at Ibrox there was optimism and backing for the team... and to think Aberdeen fans booed off their team after a draw with Partick Thistle.

ehf
24-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Its a shame this has degenerated into a mini uberfan argument.

The Hibs fans were tremendous yesterday and a credit to themselves and the club. With 5 minutes or so to go a guy behind me in the FF upper started clapping and within a few seconds everybody was doing the same ..... IMO it resulted in one of the most moving and heart warming displays of support for the team I have ever been part of, and for its own reasons topped the end of the 2013 cup final.

The team deserved every bit of that show of support .... I really cant see how over the two legs they could have done any more, they played some really good football with guts and determination, especially yesterday. The Huns can count themselves extremely fortunate to have beaten us over the two ties.

:agree: we just couldn't have done much more, maybe showed a bit more composure in front of goal, but simply did not get a single break over the whole 180 minutes.

seanshow
25-05-2015, 12:01 AM
I got very emotional at the end.
The east looked amazing today- well done everyone.

"This time next year.........." :wink:

Anybody take a picture of the crowd in the east yesterday? My seat is central but its hard to gauge how full it is when you there.

killie-hibby
25-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Anybody take a picture of the crowd in the east yesterday? My seat is central but its hard to gauge how full it is when you there.

From my seat in the West stand I noticed a few empty seats in the East. 200 empty approximately
No way another 7000 could be squeezed into ER.I would estimate the crowd at 16000.

ManBearPig
25-05-2015, 08:19 AM
The thing that went through my
Head was if as fans we learnt how good that feels and works we could do it week in week out the boos and heckles for rangers players as soon as they got ball was certainly more intimidating and effective than the groans when a pass was misplaced. Great effort from fans players and the club as whole let's make ER an intimidating place for teams to come to next season

Phil MaGlass
25-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Still love the club, but not enough to travel or get up early and spend all day away from home for the Championship. I have watched every game thats been on the telly, and some of them have been very good.

Yet the others i watch on HI are like training matches, i have no desire to take
the day off to watch these games.

Cant blame folk for not willing to part with hard earned cash for a ST. The whole thing about being a fitba supporter (imo) taking the rough with the smooth. Due to work commitments among other things I was unable to attend games. Next year however I will be at alot more games, flying back regularly, its not always about the game as we all know, it, s about meeting up with yir mates, havin a couple of beers, soaking up Edinburgh, the atmosphere, the club the fans. It, s also about travelling to places like Alloa, Falkirk and QoS. Fixtures will be out soon and I cant wait, again, dont blame folk for not wanting to go. Lets hope the ovation the team received is a sign of more positive support from the fans aswell.

erin go bragh
25-05-2015, 10:49 AM

We ahould imo start applauding in the 70 min of every game .

GGTTH

IanM
25-05-2015, 12:12 PM
If we were in any doubt what that reception before the end of the game and after meant to the players, Farid sums it up perfectly

@ElAlagui: Fans will always amaze me. You just get knocked out and yet they're still here beside you cheering and lifting you up to go again. #Class

Every Hibs fan know what we're going through and it isn't and won't be easy but our attitude does effect the players and we DO make a difference.

Last season started too quickly for us, there wasn't enough time to prepare but things WILL get better. Let's support the team and Stubbs during the summer, if you can afford to, buy a season ticket, HSL, shares, whatever you can do as the preparation starts now.

We'll be ready

JimBHibees
25-05-2015, 01:35 PM
If we were in any doubt what that reception before the end of the game and after meant to the players, Farid sums it up perfectly

@ElAlagui: Fans will always amaze me. You just get knocked out and yet they're still here beside you cheering and lifting you up to go again. #Class

Every Hibs fan know what we're going through and it isn't and won't be easy but our attitude does effect the players and we DO make a difference.

Last season started too quickly for us, there wasn't enough time to prepare but things WILL get better. Let's support the team and Stubbs during the summer, if you can afford to, buy a season ticket, HSL, shares, whatever you can do as the preparation starts now.

We'll be ready

Great to see Farid's thoughts on it. :thumbsup: