PDA

View Full Version : Out of contract players

Billychaotic182
23-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Now our fate is set when do we find out who is staying and who is not?

Would love us to get this sorted pronto so players like Stevenson know what their future holds.

HH81
23-05-2015, 01:48 PM
You would think the players leaving already have an idea?

B.H.F.C
23-05-2015, 01:49 PM
I'd keep Fontaine and McGeough. Possibly Fyvie.

Not fussed for the rest. The ones who were in the squad that got relegated had their chance to rectify it this year and didn't. Wouldn't be fussed about keeping any of them.

Billychaotic182
23-05-2015, 01:50 PM

Not fussed for the rest. The ones who were in the squad that got relegated had their chance to rectify it this year and didn't. Wouldn't be fussed about keeping any of them.

I'd keep Robertson

hibees 7062
23-05-2015, 01:50 PM

Allan ?

Greencore
23-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Keep fyvie.

S4uzee
23-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Found it strange how Allan just headed straight down the tunnel

Callum_62
Allan ?

another year I believe

Wouldnt expect us to be able to keep him though

patch1875
Allan ?

1 year left.

Hibeesmad
23-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Stevenson, Fontaine and Robertson.

I'd let DjeDje go and Id replace him with Boyle.

Would also be keen to keep McGeough and Watson on permanent deals

snooky
23-05-2015, 01:54 PM

If I'd been playing today I would be so gutted I'd probably do the same.

steviehibsleith
23-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Do we have a up to date list of out of contract players ?

andy1875
23-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Fontaine would be priority for me out the out of contract players.

McGeouch, Fyvie. Jury's out for me, both clearly have talent but haven't showed enough for me. Just my opinion of course.

Robertson and Stevenson. Would be happy to let them stay although if they go I wouldn't be overly fussed. Lewis has been a good honest servant but maybe a change will do both parties good.

Allan although not of contract, we need to keep. He's a class act.

Franck Stanton

I know you are hurting just now, like the rest of us, but don't for one minute believe you would only keep Fontaine, McGeogh and possibly Fyvie. What aboutr Allan - best player in the league by a mile, Stevenson/Gray/Hanlon/Robertson/Farid/Jason/Boyle must be kept also, get a quality keeper and one or two more quality signings and we will be okay. Have faith we will be promoted next season stronger and better . :agree:

hibee_girl
I can't see Stevenson leaving but that's my heart talking :greengrin

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2015, 01:58 PM
I would keep the lot of them!! They finished 2nd in the most competitive championship Scottish football has ever seen.

overdrive
23-05-2015, 01:58 PM
I think Craig is away judging by his reaction at the end

hibee_girl
23-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Fontaine is a must, Oxley can go, would like us to keep Craig and Robertson if possible.

Billychaotic182
I know you are hurting just now, like the rest of us, but don't for one minute believe you would only keep Fontaine, McGeogh and possibly Fyvie. What aboutr Allan - best player in the league by a mile, Stevenson/Gray/Hanlon/Robertson/Farid/Jason/Boyle must be kept also, get a quality keeper and one or two more quality signings and we will be okay. Have faith we will be promoted next season stronger and better . :agree:

Think he was referring to the out of contract players only

BoomtownHibees

Read the thread title

cabbage_88
23-05-2015, 02:00 PM
Allan looked gutted at the end, he was certainly clapping the fans at the east, never really noticed him after that.

Gmack7

Out of contract players

B.H.F.C

This thread is about out of contract players. Not the likes of Allan and Gray who are still in contract.

HH81
23-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Fontaine would be priority for me out the out of contract players.

McGeouch, Fyvie. Jury's out for me, both clearly have talent but haven't showed enough for me. Just my opinion of course.

Robertson and Stevenson. Would be happy to let them stay although if they go I wouldn't be overly fussed. Lewis has been a good honest servant but maybe a change will do both parties good.

Allan although not of contract, we need to keep. He's a class act.

I don't know which Allan you have been watching but in the play offs he has been very average.

Franck Stanton
23-05-2015, 02:05 PM
This thread is about out of contract players. Not the likes of Allan and Gray who are still in contract.

My mistake, thought he was talking about the squad. I stand corrected [by quite a few].

andy1875
23-05-2015, 02:06 PM
I don't know which Allan you have been watching but in the play offs he has been very average.

He wasn't average today. Not by a long shot.

I'll give you that he had a quiet game by his standards at Ibrox. Today he was man of the match. He covered a huge amount of ground and tried to create chance after chance after chance.

This thread is about players for next season, not a review of how Allan played over 180 minutes. He's been class all season. That was my point.

PiemanP
23-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Would want to keep Fontaine. Fyvie I think given a proper pre-season would also be good to keep. McGeoch seem to go missing in the big games so I'm not so sure about him.

Robertson, Stevenson and Craig to me are bang average players and I'd hope that with a good scouting system in place Stubbs and his team could find better. I reckon Craig and Robertson are probably on pretty hefty wages too.

Oxley we can definitely do better.

Gmack7
23-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Would want to keep Fontaine. Fyvie I think given a proper pre-season would also be good to keep. McGeoch seem to go missing in the big games so I'm not so sure about him.

Robertson, Stevenson and Craig to me are bang average players and I'd hope that with a good scouting system in place Stubbs and his team could find better. I reckon Craig and Robertson are probably on pretty hefty wages too.

Oxley we can definitely do better.

Agreed

Brightside
23-05-2015, 02:20 PM

He was the best player on the park today and I'm one of his critics. Still tries the hollywood ball too much, but his work rate was very good good - esp in the first 60.

I also hope no one had a go at cummings after today - that lad worked himself into the ground.

bingo70
23-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Possibly reading too much into it but the tone of the tweet from fontaine just now suggests to me he might have played his last game for us.

stokesmessiah
23-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Possibly reading too much into it but the tone of the tweet from fontaine just now suggests to me he might have played his last game for us.

What does it say?

bingo70
23-05-2015, 02:38 PM
What does it say?

Can I just say a massive thank you to @HibsOfficial fans .You've been so great for the team and myself this year. #hibees #GGTTH

green day
23-05-2015, 02:43 PM

Yep, my reading too

bingo70
23-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Yep, my reading too

I really like fontaine so will be Dissapointed if he leaves, that said I don't like having two lefties playing together at the back, if he's leaving I hope we replace him with a right footer and hopefully that'll make us stronger defensively.

col02
23-05-2015, 02:50 PM

He's diabetic and probably had to take insulin after giving his all after 90 minutes.

Cod Boy
23-05-2015, 02:54 PM
Im sure i read somewhere that Fontaine wants to go back down south.

hibee_girl
23-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Im sure i read somewhere that Fontaine wants to go back down south.

His family is still down south so that's understandable

Sir David Gray
23-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Do we have a up to date list of out of contract players ?

Mark Oxley
Tomas Cerny
Lewis Stevenson
Liam Fontaine
Keith Watson
Scott Robertson
Liam Craig
Dylan McGeouch
Fraser Fyvie
Martin Boyle

1987kev
23-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Mark Oxley
Tomas Cerny
Lewis Stevenson
Liam Fontaine
Keith Watson
Scott Robertson
Liam Craig
Dylan McGeouch
Fraser Fyvie
Martin Boyle

Keep cerny good back up.
lewis Stevenson can go for me does nuffin for me
fontaine defo keep
Watson keep for squad player
robertson let go we need a proper holding midfielder
mcgeouch/ fyvie keep 1 too similar but if Allan going both stay
boyle stay not the best but speed kills
oxley can go better keepers out there

Ricky Bobby
23-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Mark Oxley
Tomas Cerny
Lewis Stevenson
Liam Fontaine
Keith Watson
Scott Robertson
Liam Craig
Dylan McGeouch
Fraser Fyvie
Martin Boyle

From that list I would be doing what i could to keep them all.
If we can do that, no new signings required IMO

dmc1875
23-05-2015, 04:25 PM
I would like to see us keep Liam Craig. He came on to a game towards the end of the season and think he wants to stay

DTS
23-05-2015, 04:33 PM
I'd keep everyone of them! Although Dylan McGeough has tweeted similar to Fontaine:

@DMcGeouch: Disappointed we didn't get the result, fans at the end were outstanding & have been throughout the season. Thank you @HibsOfficial 💚!!

bingo70
23-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Mark Oxley
Tomas Cerny
Lewis Stevenson
Liam Fontaine
Keith Watson
Scott Robertson
Liam Craig
Dylan McGeouch
Fraser Fyvie
Martin Boyle

I'd like to keep Fontaine, cerny and Fyvie. The rest I'm not fussed about, been really Dissapointed with Mcgeochs contribution since he made such a promising start.

Lago
23-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Maybe as fans we expect hibs to determine who stays who goes, but it might be that its up to who wants to stay.

hibee_girl
23-05-2015, 04:51 PM
I'd like to keep Fontaine, cerny and Fyvie. The rest I'm not fussed about, been really Dissapointed with Mcgeochs contribution since he made such a promising start.

McGeough hasn't been fit for a while so that will have hampered him.

His fitness/injury proneness is the reason I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't sign him.

bingo70
23-05-2015, 05:06 PM
I see some other clubs including Hamilton and Partick have announced what players are leaving, wonder if we'll do that today as well.

SmashinGlass
23-05-2015, 05:09 PM

Given he is diabetic, it may be no more sinister than he could have felt unwell following putting in a shift for the whole game. Hopefully anyways

Ryan69
23-05-2015, 05:20 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but did He not clap 2 stands then walk down the tunnel?

My_Wife_Camille
23-05-2015, 05:21 PM
McGeouch and Fyvie are obviously good players but they didn't offer enough this season. I also think David Gray has been very poor since his operation in January after an excellent start to the season. I wouldn't be bothered to see any of them go. Robertson, Farid, Dom, Boyle and even Hanlon I can take or leave either way. Oxley and Djedje have done next to nothing. Fontaine, Allan and Cummings would be the only ones I'd really want to keep hold of. If there is any positive to take from today though it is that I will hopefully never have to see Liam Craig in a Hibernian shirt ever again.

Golden Bear
23-05-2015, 05:22 PM
McGeouch and Fyvie are obviously good players but they didn't offer enough this season. I also think David Gray has been very poor since his operation in January after an excellent start to the season. I wouldn't be bothered to see any of them go. Robertson, Farid, Dom, Boyle and even Hanlon I can take or leave either way. Oxley and Djedje have done next to nothing. Fontaine, Allan and Cummings would be the only ones I'd really want to keep hold of. If there is any positive to take from today though it is that I will hopefully never have to see Liam Craig in a Hibernian shirt ever again.

Just jeez.

:confused:

tamig
23-05-2015, 05:23 PM

One of your posts has finally made me smile! In fact it's made me laugh very loudly. Cheers bud!

Pete
23-05-2015, 05:24 PM

Far too ruthless.

bigwheel
23-05-2015, 05:25 PM

I think you should let Camille post ...

andy1875
23-05-2015, 05:27 PM

Paul Hanlon was MOTM today for me. Absolutely solid against Kenny Miller.

I've been critical of Paul Hanlon in previous years but he was excellent today and has been getting better with every passing season. Arguably one of our best performers over the last 2 seasons.

He's a Hibs man as well. Definitely want to keep him.

tamig
23-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Far too ruthless.

Ruthless? It's just utter garbage!

bingo70
23-05-2015, 05:29 PM

I actually agree with much of what you say. I think you're a bit harsh on Craig though. Not that I particularly want him to stay, I just think he's shown a good attitude throughout his time with us so don't have any Ill feeling towards him

B.H.F.C
23-05-2015, 05:32 PM

I've been critical of Paul Hanlon in previous years but he was excellent today and has been getting better with every passing season. Arguably one of our best performers over the last 2 seasons.

I think he's all right. We've been soft defensively for years though and he's always been there so I just wonder if a change would maybe suit both parties.

Bearders
23-05-2015, 05:33 PM

He was caught short twice on Wednesday and Sevco barely got further than the halfway line today. I would fully expect him to do well against a 1 man attack.

My_Wife_Camille
23-05-2015, 05:34 PM

I actually like Paul Hanlon. As I said I don't want to punt him but I wouldn't be all that bothered if he left. I agree he's been one of our best players the last few years but the last few years haven't been very good!

I actually agree with much of what you say. I think you're a bit harsh on Craig though. Not that I particularly want him to stay, I just think he's shown a good attitude throughout his time with us so don't have any Ill feeling towards him
Ive actually met Liam a few times and he's a really decent guy with a great attitude. I just don't rate him as a footballer.

J-C
23-05-2015, 05:36 PM
For me Craig and Robertson can go, we need better. McGeouch I think has a rolling contract at Celtic but for me too injury prone so it's a no and I think Fyvie will go elsewhere too. I spoke to Fontaine last monday at Nandos at the Fort, didnt sound like he was staying and although I like Stevenson maybe time for a wee change but I'd be happy for him to stay.

Jim44
23-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Given he is diabetic, it may be no more sinister than he could have felt unwell following putting in a shift for the whole game. Hopefully anyways

Correct me if I'm wrong but did He not clap 2 stands then walk down the tunnel?

It could be that he was a bit disappointed and wanted off asap. I've been berated twice for saying it but I have read, with quotes, that he wants to play in the premiership next season, 'preferably with Hibs'. I won't be surprised if he is allowed to leave in summer.

Swedish hibee
23-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Don't think Dylan will be there next season. He's turned his twitter back to his Celtic love-in. Going back there then?

itslegaltender
23-05-2015, 06:46 PM
I think we are looking at the following going

Dylan McGeouch
Fontaine
Fyvie
Craig
Oxley
Robertson
Stevenson

Add to this, I can see if £750k is offered for Allan, Petrie will bite their hands off.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Fontaine and Fyvie should be top of the list imo

Elephant Stone
23-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Don't think Dylan will be there next season. He's turned his twitter back to his Celtic love-in. Going back there then?

His Celtic love in :hilarious. He's a Celtic fan and a Celtic player. As it happens, his most recent tweet was a pretty genuine thanks to the Hibs fans, and pretty much all of his tweets throughout the season have been about Hibs. If he wants to try and win his place back at Celtic then he's obviously entitled to do that, I hope he chooses to come back here and I'm sure most, if not everyone, will welcome him back with pleasure.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 06:57 PM
His Celtic love in :hilarious. He's a Celtic fan and a Celtic player. As it happens, his most recent tweet was a pretty genuine thanks to the Hibs fans, and pretty much all of his tweets throughout the season have been about Hibs. If he wants to try and win his place back at Celtic then he's obviously entitled to do that, I hope he chooses to come back here and I'm sure most, if not everyone, will welcome him back with pleasure.

Agreed I think he could be a top player for us

Weststandwanab
23-05-2015, 07:23 PM

I do not know which play offs you have been watching but.....

He's diabetic and probably had to take insulin after giving his all after 90 minutes.

And there is the answer

I think you should let Camille post ...

Who is Camille ?

number9dream
23-05-2015, 07:37 PM

Out of contract. Zero chance of a new deal at Celtic.
Might end up with Jackie Mac at Tannadice. Just a guess.
Can't see Fyvie going back to Dons now that Jack & Robson have signed new deals, so we may have a chance of keeping him. Hope so. With a pre-season and played centrally, he could be a major player for us.

Stuarty27
23-05-2015, 07:40 PM
I'd much rather we kept Fyvie than Dylan.

Dylan isn't good enough for Celtic and will be released. He had a good start but had went off the boil for me.

We need pace, that's a must

AlbertK86
23-05-2015, 07:48 PM
To me out of the out of contracts Fontaine should be the one we push the boat out for

Unfortunately if family ain't for movin up then he may well be on his way

Mcgeoch I would keep if we lose Allan

Fyvie I would like to keep

Robbo I would keep

Others I'm not fussed

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2015, 08:15 PM

i would think the man would be needing carbohydrates, exercise has a huge impact in dropping sugar levels(as we know), i take a biscuit just before cutting the grass so imagine the effect running about for 45 mins at a time...no ta,in fact.. he should keep a Mars bar down his sock for a wee nibble in between breaks in play to bring his levels back up :)

overdrive
23-05-2015, 08:20 PM
I don't get the Fyvie love in. Way too slow. Much rather have McGeough than him.

Aldo
23-05-2015, 09:18 PM
I don't get the Fyvie love in. Way too slow. Much rather have McGeough than him.

Fyvie was outstanding today.

After we secure Fontaine I'd be looking to get him on a long term contract.

keep the faith
23-05-2015, 09:55 PM

Fyffe for me is a way better player and offers lots more. Would keep him instead of Dylan every time.

DH1875
24-05-2015, 01:20 AM
I'd much rather we kept Fyvie than Dylan.

Dylan isn't good enough for Celtic and will be released. He had a good start but had went off the boil for me.

We need pace, that's a must

We are in the championship FFS. Just because a player isn't good enough for celtic, doesnt mean he isnt good enough for us. As for Fyvie, he's as slow as duck.

Me either. Go back as far as the last game against sevco at ER and I've said I dont get the hype. Still not to worry. He wont be here next season.

hibbiedon
24-05-2015, 05:13 AM
I spoke to several of the out of contract players today and certain ones had positive talks whilst in Spain so I'm confident we will keep most of the ones we want

malagahibby
24-05-2015, 07:28 AM
Some of the posts on here are embarrassing .
You cannot just get rid of players who have contracts .
bevvy and smart phones just don't work 😄

bingo70
24-05-2015, 07:31 AM
Some of the posts on here are embarrassing .
You cannot just get rid of players who have contracts .
bevvy and smart phones just don't work 😄

You can really though.

You say to player that he'll not be in our plans next year and he's free to find another club, most players will then go and find another club.

3pm
24-05-2015, 07:32 AM

Dempster said at a recent HSL meeting she'd spoken to both.

thebausburst
24-05-2015, 07:37 AM

Agree 100%