PDA

View Full Version : Striker

Ozyhibby
23-05-2015, 01:16 PM
See when people were saying we need to sign a striker in January? They meant it.
Another pitiful performance up front.
Did Malonga or Cummings lose their man once over the 3 hours?
Nice one Rod, another season of lower league football.
:-(

One Day Soon
23-05-2015, 01:17 PM
See when people were saying we need to sign a striker in January? They meant it.

Ahem, Leanne?

Ozyhibby
23-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Ahem, Leanne?

You can blame her if you like, I think she is trying her best.
Petrie is the cancer in this club.

madhatter
23-05-2015, 01:20 PM

Cummings did score...and missed a sitter so answer to question is yes they did. Malonga had shot that was too weak and ended up being a pass back. So, he too got away from his man. I know people are hurting. We've been unfortunate with injuries as Boyle would have caused them grief in last 20mins of both ties. Cest LA vie. We just need to ensure we strengthen and run away with league next season.

Callum_62
23-05-2015, 01:22 PM

1. malonga set up Jason for a sitter at Ibrox

2. Malonga missed a good chance with a header at Ibrox

3. Cummings had a lovely flick over his marker - altho didnt catch his volley well today

4. Malonga had a poor effort today, after a poorish pass from Allan - a better pass and he was in

5. Malonga had a good effort just wide today

6. Malonga had a great effort, wonderfully saved today

7. Cummings scored today

Ozyhibby
23-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Cummings did score...and missed a sitter so answer to question is yes they did. Malonga had shot that was too weak and ended up being a pass back. So, he too got away from his man. I know people are hurting. We've been unfortunate with injuries as Boyle would have caused them grief in last 20mins of both ties. Cest LA vie. We just need to ensure we strengthen and run away with league next season.

Do you have faith that will happen?

FitbaFolkKen
23-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Petrie.... Really?

We did sign a striker in January.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2015, 01:24 PM
1. malonga set up Jason for a sitter at Ibrox

2. Malonga missed a good chance with a header at Ibrox

3. Cummings had a lovely flick over his marker - altho didnt catch his volley well today

4. Malonga had a poor effort today, after a poorish pass from Allan - a better pass and he was in

5. Malonga had a good effort just wide today

6. Malonga had a great effort, wonderfully saved today

7. Cummings scored today

Apart from Number 7, it sounds like we need another two strikers.
:-)

Franck Stanton
23-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Financially this will hurt us big-time. had we spent say, £1 mil on a striker of quality [yes I do mean Griffiths here], then I would argue we would be playing SPL football next year. Speculate to accumulate, after all, wouldn't have been that much of a gamble on him now would it ?

One Day Soon
23-05-2015, 01:27 PM
You can blame her if you like, I think she is trying her best.
Petrie is the cancer in this club.

It's cobblers to claim that about Petrie now and the progress Stubbs has made in one season from the lowest of low points proves it. Everyone bears responsibility including Leanne who I think has been doing an excellent job. We were nearly good enough, but not quite. Next season should be a very different story.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2015, 01:29 PM
It's cobblers to claim that about Petrie now and the progress Stubbs has made in one season from the lowest of low points proves it. Everyone bears responsibility including Leanne who I think has been doing an excellent job. We were nearly good enough, but not quite. Next season should be a very different story.

Unless Motherwell beat new Rangers.

cabbage_88
23-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Is rod Petrie seriously being blamed for this?? Never heard so much garbage in my life. He's been non existent for months

Ozyhibby
23-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Is rod Petrie seriously being blamed for this?? Never heard so much garbage in my life. He's been non existent for months

He is Chairman of the club? If he was non existent then why is he still here after that level of failure?

overdrive
23-05-2015, 01:30 PM
The real problem I think this season was the Board being caught in two minds whether to sack Butcher or not. They should have sacked him right away and started looking for a new manager the Monday after relegation.

Franck Stanton
23-05-2015, 01:33 PM
Yet another thread started about a striker and hijacked into a "Petrie is at fault" - been played to death lads/lassies, he's still here, live with it and lets stick to the topic eh

keep the faith
23-05-2015, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;4380365]See when people were saying we need to sign a striker in January? They meant it.
:-([

This is your kind of day today. Enjoy.

cabbage_88
23-05-2015, 01:39 PM
He is Chairman of the club? If he was non existent then why is he still here after that level of failure?
He has taken a back seat and leeann dempster has been at the heart of all decisions. Cummings top goal scorer in the league and malonga about the 5th top goalscorer in the league albeit some not so great performances but have scored goals. Blaming petrie is straw clutching at the highest level

DTS
23-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Our strikers are perfectly good, we have been raving about them all season. Going into next season we have the top goal scorer in the league that we will be in, one that' scored 14/15 in Malonga and then we have El Alagui who for me is the best of the bunch who was injured virtually all season!

pennyhibee
23-05-2015, 01:46 PM
I think between them this season Cummings and Malonga have scored near 40 goals when did we last have a pair like that

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 01:48 PM
I think this is a knee jerk from the last two games. I'd be more than happy if we have any three of dom,farid,Jason and djedje next season

West hamBERNIAN
23-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Our strikers are perfectly good, we have been raving about them all season. Going into next season we have the top goal scorer in the league that we will be in, one that' scored 14/15 in Malonga and then we have El Alagui who for me is the best of the bunch who was injured virtually all season!

there's definitely room for improvement though, Cummings decision making when around the box tends to be wrong, malonga is terribly wasteful at times snatching at chances when a bit of composure is needed. the majority of points dropped this season have been from not taking chances. 20 shots no goals Quite often. I have every confidence Cummings will be brilliant next year. On top of that I have every confidence in Stubbs to bring in more quality over the summer.

hibee_girl
23-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Having Farid next season will be like having a new striker considering he missed most of this season.

West hamBERNIAN
23-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Having Farid next season will be like having a new striker considering he missed most of this season.

Looking forward to seeing him fully fit, looked tremendous at times. Unsure of Frank though, had high expectations when he came in.

Hiber-nation
23-05-2015, 05:05 PM

If Petrie was still making all the decisions we'd probably never have been near the play-offs.

And blaming Cummings is just stupid. Young laddie, top scorer, scored again today. It wasn't "pitiful" at all.

jdships
23-05-2015, 07:20 PM
If Petrie was still making all the decisions we'd probably never have been near the play-offs.

And blaming Cummings is just stupid. Young laddie, top scorer, scored again today. It wasn't "pitiful" at all.

:thumbsup::agree:

Diclonius
23-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Stubbs knew this was a problem and signed two strikers in the January window. One didn't turn out too good (Djedje) and one proved to be more effective as a winger (Boyle). I'm sure we'll try again this summer, and have a better range of options available to us given it's not January.

ballengeich
23-05-2015, 08:06 PM
If we have a goalscoring problem it isn't our strikers - it's the lack of goals from midfield. Allan, Fyvie and McGeoch are all fine passers, but none of them gets into the box much. Our other deficiency is that we don't shoot from distance - look at the goals Hearts scored against us and you'll see a reason why they finished ahead of us.

I hope we can get more goals from the midfield next season. I'd keep Craig and play him regularly for that reason alone.

AlbertK86
23-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Stubbs knew this was a problem and signed two strikers in the January window. One didn't turn out too good (Djedje) and one proved to be more effective as a winger (Boyle). I'm sure we'll try again this summer, and have a better range of options available to us given it's not January.

Both were predominantly wingers before coming to hibs

hibee_girl
23-05-2015, 08:09 PM

DjeDje is not a bad player, he's not had much of a chance but from what I've seen there's a player there. Think he'll be a big player for us next season.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2015, 08:23 PM
DjeDje is not a bad player, he's not had much of a chance but from what I've seen there's a player there. Think he'll be a big player for us next season.

Sorry can't see it, and I don't think Stubbs sees it either given his lack of game time.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2015, 08:25 PM
If we have a goalscoring problem it isn't our strikers - it's the lack of goals from midfield. Allan, Fyvie and McGeoch are all fine passers, but none of them gets into the box much. Our other deficiency is that we don't shoot from distance - look at the goals Hearts scored against us and you'll see a reason why they finished ahead of us.

I hope we can get more goals from the midfield next season. I'd keep Craig and play him regularly for that reason alone.

I agree with this but I don't think Liam Craig is the answer. I would release him and use the wages to find a goal scoring midfielder.

Eyrie
23-05-2015, 09:51 PM

Not only did Cummings score today, but he showed great composure to take his time and place the ball when it must have been tempting to simply lash at it given how little time was left.

hibees 7062
23-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Stephen Dobbie anyone ?

Scottie
23-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Stephen Dobbie anyone ?
See he's been released by Palace.

Would the budget be there to get him in considering he is leaving a Premiership club ?

hibees 7062
23-05-2015, 10:42 PM
See he's been released by Palace.

Would the budget be there to get him in considering he is leaving a Premiership club ?

32 now though , worth a look

Cod Boy
23-05-2015, 10:57 PM
Stephen Dobbie anyone ?

He was on loan to Fleetwood and didn't do very well

Scottie
23-05-2015, 10:59 PM
32 now though , worth a look
In a flash mate. He's done well wherever he's been but would guess that he will follow Ian Holloway wherever he goes. Would imagine Holloway will get a job in the summer.

heretoday
24-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Stephen Dobbie anyone ?

Good shout. An uncomplicated sort who doesn't get the willies when he's near the goal.

Hibby Bairn
24-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Pat McGinlay

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Getting another striker is all good and well but we need wingers and midfielders who are keen to get into the box.

As a team we don't go forward quick enough.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

West hamBERNIAN
24-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Few folk on Twitter linking us to kallum Higginbotham from Partick, played with farid before with falkirk I think as well.

hibees 7062
24-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Few folk on Twitter linking us to kallum Higginbotham from Partick, played with farid before with falkirk I think as well.

Great player

hibees 7062
24-05-2015, 02:59 PM

Pat McGinlay it is then

bingo70
24-05-2015, 02:59 PM

What position is he?

hibees 7062
24-05-2015, 03:02 PM
What position is he?

Attacking midfielder

West hamBERNIAN
24-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Winger/striker according to Wikipedia.

West hamBERNIAN
24-05-2015, 03:06 PM
Says he was farids strike partner at falkirk and that they were a good partnership 👍

Argylehibby
24-05-2015, 03:12 PM
The real problem I think this season was the Board being caught in two minds whether to sack Butcher or not. They should have sacked him right away and started looking for a new manager the Monday after relegation.

Problem was I think that Petrie couldn't sack him before Leann arrived as it would undermine her before she started. When she arrived Butcher was on holiday and she would need to speak to him on his return and see what his excuses and his plans were. Once she did that he was out and time to find a replacement cost us dear. I think he should have been pushed before the season ended, McPake and Thomson put in charge until the end of the season and we'd have got the points we needed then Leane put in charge of finding a replacement as soon as she started.

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Problem was I think that Petrie couldn't sack him before Leann arrived as it would undermine her before she started. When she arrived Butcher was on holiday and she would need to speak to him on his return and see what his excuses and his plans were. Once she did that he was out and time to find a replacement cost us dear. I think he should have been pushed before the season ended, McPake and Thomson put in charge until the end of the season and we'd have got the points we needed then Leane put in charge of finding a replacement as soon as she started.

Totally agree that with Dempster coming in it had to be her decision - not least because it would have had a major effect on the budget she inherited.

He should have been summoned back from holiday or sacked over the phone - and bugger how classless that is - as soon as we made that decision mind.

I still shudder to even think about how utterly inept we were under that abject clown of a man.

InterviewLoI
24-05-2015, 03:34 PM
I think between them this season Cummings and Malonga have scored near 40 goals when did we last have a pair like that

Griffiths and Doyle did fairly well in the premirrship with arguably a worse squad behind them

Argylehibby
24-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Strikers can only score if they get the ammunition and over the 2 play off games we had numerous chances to get crosses in to them and didn't get past the first defender.

high bee
24-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Jermaine Beckford?

Use the share money...

Kavinho
24-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Sorry can't see it, and I don't think Stubbs sees it either given his lack of game time.

You don't appear to see anything in an optimistic light at all.. Do you never get out into the sunshine in Oz...?
It's supposed to help with depression!

My opinion on The DJ is absolutely he's a good player, but hasn't had any real game time, or any chance to build up any understandings with e other strikers.

And and someone said it above, a midfielder, driving past the strikers, causing the defenders to worry about who to pick up is what I think we've missed this season too.

As good as each is, (and they are all decent to a point), the main mids seem to prefer to look to go sideways rather than making a run themselves.

Ozyhibby
24-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Strikers can only score if they get the ammunition and over the 2 play off games we had numerous chances to get crosses in to them and didn't get past the first defender.

There were plenty of ball put in the box over the two game where a bit of anticipation from a good striker would have seen the net bulge.

overdrive
24-05-2015, 05:15 PM

I agree but Dempster was at East Mains with Petrie and Butcher the day the players were told to find new clubs (the day after the play off I think). This was before her official start date. A decision should have been taken there and then with Petrie implementing on Dempster's behalf. Instead they decided to sleep on it until LD was officially in post and Butcher back from holiday.

Ozyhibby
24-05-2015, 05:37 PM
You don't appear to see anything in an optimistic light at all.. Do you never get out into the sunshine in Oz...?
It's supposed to help with depression!

My opinion on The DJ is absolutely he's a good player, but hasn't had any real game time, or any chance to build up any understandings with e other strikers.

And and someone said it above, a midfielder, driving past the strikers, causing the defenders to worry about who to pick up is what I think we've missed this season too.

As good as each is, (and they are all decent to a point), the main mids seem to prefer to look to go sideways rather than making a run themselves.

I'm more optimistic than most on here about what we can achieve. I'm just more realistic about what we have been doing.

Soldiersteve
24-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Argylehibby http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=4382246#post4382246)

Totally agree that with Dempster coming in it had to be her decision - not least because it would have had a major effect on the budget she inherited.

He should have been summoned back from holiday or sacked over the phone - and bugger how classless that is - as soon as we made that decision mind.

I still shudder to even think about how utterly inept we were under that abject clown of a man.,

If Butcher had had any class, he would have resigned the day after we were relegated!