PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers or Motherwell?

California-Hibs
23-05-2015, 01:11 PM
Well, now that it's been decided, who's your preference to go/stay up?

For me, and it pains me to say it because I absolutely HATE them with a passion, and think of their fans throwing stuff at Scotty, the muppets on my Facebook, every horrible experience I've had with their mutant fans, but it's them I want to personally go up.

Let's not let feelings get in the way, it's definitely in our best interests that they do. King will put in a decent amount of cash in the summer, they'll strengthen and be organized further by McCall.

I feel with Motherwell and St Mirren in with us that, if we keep the bulk of this team together, we'll walk the league next season and have it won early.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Diclonius
23-05-2015, 01:13 PM
If we can't hold off the challenge of Motherwell and St Mirren then we can just accept we ain't a top tier club any more.

GlasgowHibee
23-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Definitely sevco for me, they're far better than anybody else who'll be challenging us next season, especially after a financial spending in the summer.

Phil MaGlass
23-05-2015, 01:20 PM
Motherwell for me.

oconnors_strip
23-05-2015, 01:20 PM
I want the Rangers to go up as I hate them with a passion and don't want to visit ibrox next season or have them at easter road.

CiscoKid
23-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Should really hope Rangers go up as it would probably be better for us but my dream scenario would be to keep Rangers down and keep them down again next season.

fatbloke
23-05-2015, 01:21 PM
If it's the currant buns that will remove the need for re-organisation. The SPFL will be hoping and praying and doing their bit so that all this talk of a 16 team league will be quickly dropped and suddenly a 12 team league will be the best outside the EPL according to Doncaster. Scottish football truly is a f****n joke.

Baader
23-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Despise them but care about Hibs only - better for us Huns are out our league.

Hibbyradge
23-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Motherwell unquestionably.

But I think they'll beat a tired Sevco.

California-Hibs
23-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Should really hope Rangers go up as it would probably be better for us but my dream scenario would be to keep Rangers down and keep them down again next season.

Definitely, but it's not a risk Id like to run staying in this league again going into a 3rd year!!

cabbage_88
23-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Think we'd have a much better chance of winning the league next season of rangers go up but I could never ever bring myself to want those ****bags to win a football match. Most disgusting club in world football

soupy
23-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Motherwell for me, if Rangers get up its exactly what the authorities were desperate for, so **** them, quite happily beat them another four times next year, winning the league while at it...

MyJo
23-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Rangers can piss right off, hate them and they will be stronger next season after the takeover so best getting rid of them and going for winning the league

stubru59
23-05-2015, 01:38 PM
I'm one of those few that thinks Rangers staying down is actually good for us and Scottish football. We did, after all, finish above them in the league. And the idea that King is going to bank-roll them to success is neither realistic or likely.

truehibernian
23-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Motherwell - The Rangers cannot afford another year out top flight and the renegotiation of the leagues happens end next season - our only hope of an instant return to top flight.

Scorrie
23-05-2015, 01:50 PM
I think I want The Rangers to go up and then get humped sideways next season and be in a relegation scrap. We get
Promoted and they get relegated would do me

BH Hibs
23-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Hope Motherwell take ten off the *******s. Yet to see King put any money in to them and have serious doubts he will. Mon the Hibs :flag:

Malthibby
23-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Come on 'Well.
I could never, ever want The Rangers anything but ill.
Also think it would do them serioous damage if they stay down with us.
GG
We may also see a re-organisation if they are dumped back down.

hibees 7062
23-05-2015, 02:05 PM

:agree: Deffo

Ryan69
23-05-2015, 02:07 PM

For me, and it pains me to say it because I absolutely HATE them with a passion, and think of their fans throwing stuff at Scotty, the muppets on my Facebook, every horrible experience I've had with their mutant fans, but it's them I want to personally go up.

Let's not let feelings get in the way, it's definitely in our best interests that they do. King will put in a decent amount of cash in the summer, they'll strengthen and be organized further by McCall.

I feel with Motherwell and St Mirren in with us that, if we keep the bulk of this team together, we'll walk the league next season and have it won early.

Motherwell!

If Rangers go up....Scottish football is back to square 1.
Back to the Duopoly and corrupt advantages.

If Rangers fail Togo up....They may well go bankrupt again,as can't pay ridiculous wages forever without Europe and Celtic matches.

Though the game is always corrupt anyway...so probably doesn't make any difference at all!

Glesgahibby
23-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Motherwell to stay up!!

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Motherwell for me we can beat Rangers they aren't a team to be feared.

Callum_62
23-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Youve got to fancy Rangers to be better next year

I cant bring myself to wish them to win though

Might bring on a swift league reconstruction too

Apart from that, I actually fancy Motherwell to turn them over

Rangers are not great - and again look a tired side

We lacked pace out wide to really hurt Rangers - Motherwell have Lionel Ainsworth.

We also lacked composure when we got the chances - Motherwell have Scott MacDonald

I think Motherwell will stay up

Sir David Gray
23-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Can't believe anyone, who is thinking about this with a level head, would want Sevco to stay in the Championship next season.

They are going to spend in the summer and would likely win the league next season and then we would have another season facing the lottery of the play offs.

No thanks.

I can't stand them and it does stick in the craw a bit to say this but I hope they go up.

Pete
23-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Can't believe anyone, who is thinking about this with a level head, would want Sevco to stay in the Championship next season.

They are going to spend in the summer and would likely win the league next season and then we would have another season facing the lottery of the play offs.

No thanks.

I can't stand them and it does stick in the craw a bit to say this but I hope they go up.

Absolutely.

They simply have to go up!

Lucius Apuleius
23-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Kinda feeling at the minute that I hope the mutants stay down.

Eyrie
23-05-2015, 04:38 PM
It's not about wanting Sevco Huns to be promoted, it's about not wanting them in our division next season to improve our own chances.

weonlywon6-2
23-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Rangers have to go up as we will be in a play off again next year and could end up another year in this league.
Best laugh is we could beat most of the premier teams just now!

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2015, 05:00 PM

No thanks.

Absolutely right. If they stay down they will buy the title next year and we will be scrapping about in the play offs again. Without them we will be red hot favourites to win the league.

Onion
23-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Seriously conflicted. Hate the Huns with a passion, what they stand for and how they have emerged from the great fraud. Their fans are disgusting, their players are thugs. Nah, hope they get beat. They deserve nothing and are a very very poor side.

Then watch the SPFL/SFA plan B kick into action.

Bad Martini
23-05-2015, 05:15 PM
There is no danger I want those manky hun *******s to win anything. I hope Motherwell rip them a new one. The huns are the most vile institution on planet earth and anything short of their complete annihilation will piss me off.

We've got the beating of those bams and had we not squandered 15 corners on Wednesday, we'd have gone to play Motherwell.

I'll take those radges again ANY day of the week; they are truly pish, there's a chance their financial woes will get them in even more **** and the pish they have on the pitch is nothing to be feared.

In addition, I'd rather cut of my own arm and feed it to a pit bull than ever want those *******s to win ANYTHING.

ENDOF

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2015, 05:25 PM
It's a real dilemma. Rangers winning promotion might make things easier next season, but then again, it might not. They are so poor, I don't think they'd be significantly better than Motherwell. Naturally, whichever outcome benefits Hibs is the answer to the question, but I'm unsure whether the advantage of not playing Rangers next season would be distinct.

franks
23-05-2015, 05:28 PM
absolutely

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 05:28 PM
There is no danger I want those manky hun *******s to win anything. I hope Motherwell rip them a new one. The huns are the most vile institution on planet earth and anything short of their complete annihilation will piss me off.

We've got the beating of those bams and had we not squandered 15 corners on Wednesday, we'd have gone to play Motherwell.

I'll take those radges again ANY day of the week; they are truly pish, there's a chance their financial woes will get them in even more **** and the pish they have on the pitch is nothing to be feared.

In addition, I'd rather cut of my own arm and feed it to a pit bull than ever want those *******s to win ANYTHING.

ENDOF

I'm with you on this one

23-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Rangers and their vile set of fans are absolute **** of the earth, they are a truly despicable, nasty, vile club and their fans are absolute vermin. I despise them with a passion but it pains me to say that i prefer them to go up. They will strengthen in the summer big time I reckon so we could do with them being out the way to give ourselves the best possible chance of winning the league.

emerald green
23-05-2015, 06:21 PM

No thanks.

:agree: My thoughts exactly.

It's not about wanting Sevco Huns to be promoted, it's about not wanting them in our division next season to improve our own chances.

:agree: Spot on.

It's a real dilemma. Rangers winning promotion might make things easier next season, but then again, it might not. They are so poor, I don't think they'd be significantly better than Motherwell. Naturally, whichever outcome benefits Hibs is the answer to the question, but I'm unsure whether the advantage of not playing Rangers next season would be distinct.

They have beaten Hibs twice in our last three matches despite that. The Huns will spend, and/or bring in better players on loan next season. They will also clear out all the deadwood like Boyd, Miller & Black, and will be much stronger next season. Guaranteed, they are not going to sit back and do nothing to improve.

They now have a manager who seems to know what he's doing. He has made them better organised and harder to beat than the shambles under McCoist, & then McDowall who didn't even want the job.

Hibs simply must win the Championship outright next season. A stronger Sevco will make that very difficult indeed.

I despise the Ibrox club and I wish them nothing but bad stuff. However my priority is wanting to see Hibs promoted. With them out of the way, I think that promotion would be more likely, but not a given.

OsloHibs
23-05-2015, 06:25 PM
I can't see Rangers going up.

...But I can see a swift league reconstruction :whistle:

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2015, 06:31 PM
I hope sevco go up, but i was talking about this on the way back to the car, and i bet you if Motherwell score i will jump out my seat cheering.

No logic there at all? :confused:

emerald green
23-05-2015, 06:34 PM
I can't see Rangers going up.

...But I can see a swift league reconstruction :whistle:

Depends on what you mean by swift. I believe that the very earliest any league reconstruction could take place would be for season 2016/17. No doubt someone will be able to confirm if that's right or wrong.

Even then, reconstruction is by no means a certainty, even if it were to be proposed. A lot of clubs currently in the SPFL will look to protect their own financial interests, and could possibly/probably vote against any change to the status quo.

Smartie
23-05-2015, 07:04 PM
I don't think we're far off being a very good side who could win this league at a canter ourselves (like Hearts did).

A wee bit more killer instinct in the final third, cut out the silly goals at the back and it doesn't matter who else is in our league.

I will therefore go for a tired The Rangers suffering end of season heartache, a summer of off-the-field squabbling and a miserable 2015-2016 for der hun as karma finally catches up with them.

It would be a thing of beauty to condemn them to a third season in the Championship and the longer they are out of the top league the better it is for Scottish football.

Ryan69
23-05-2015, 07:21 PM
I don't think we're far off being a very good side who could win this league at a canter ourselves (like Hearts did).

A wee bit more killer instinct in the final third, cut out the silly goals at the back and it doesn't matter who else is in our league.

I will therefore go for a tired The Rangers suffering end of season heartache, a summer of off-the-field squabbling and a miserable 2015-2016 for der hun as karma finally catches up with them.

It would be a thing of beauty to condemn them to a third season in the Championship and the longer they are out of the top league the better it is for Scottish football.

Problem is it's gonna be a rebuild next year...so abit premature really!

alexhibs
23-05-2015, 09:21 PM

Well to beat Huns for me

Jonnyboy
23-05-2015, 09:23 PM

No thanks.

This is where I am too, Trig :agree:

jacomo
23-05-2015, 09:26 PM

I'm with you. I want Motherwell to prevail against the forces of darkness and keep them down.

We can then do them properly next season.

alexhibs
23-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Huns - fans are vile, what they stand for is vile and the songs they sing are vile. How the**** they get away with singing those songs is beyond me. The directors, board members etc must surely cringe.

Hiber-nation
23-05-2015, 09:35 PM
We need the huns to win but I don't know why I'm even bothering to watch the game because the minute it starts I'll be supporting Motherwell, like most of us.

Hovehibby
23-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Would love to see the Huns crash and burn in the final, but Motherwell are our best chance of winning the league next season. king will put money into them this summer, if they're still in the championship they'll coast it.

truehibernian
23-05-2015, 09:37 PM
This is where I am too, Trig :agree:

The Rangers cannot afford another season in the Championship JB......bargaining in my opinion has already begun with reconstruction, a word unheard of until last month, appearing more and more in the media and press. It's always been on the cards and I'm firmly of the opinion that even if we win the league next season, there will be a new league format in Scotland and a 16 team league.

The Rangers being in the Championship means that the SPFL will undoubtedly want, and feed through the media, a 'need for change' - before a ball is kicked in anger season 2015/16.

Motherwell will beat The Rangers - they were there for the taking second half today. Boys put a shift in but we became disjointed and rushed. Effort was there, skill in flashes.......but quite simply we had no teeth. It's not that bad a result at the end of the day, I was more peed off at the semi v Falkirk........next season I think we will see pace, width and youth. The derbies are a huge loss, but to be frank, The Championship will be competitive and a fantastic learning ground for our young players coming through like Allan, Duthie, Dunsmore, Martin........it's how I envisaged the season end (sadly) so I am not surprised.

Hibs beat The Rangers 4 times, outplayed Hearts in every derby......consistency let us down as well as the start of the season when the previous regime left us in a football coma........Stubbs and the players have been superb in my opinion, we just lacked game intelligence last two games and had horrid luck re Forster and Boyle.

Onwards and upwards.......I'll guarantee we will have 4 games versus The Rangers next season too :agree:

Andy74
23-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Despite our horrible start we finished above Rangers. We would do the same next season.

Eyrie
23-05-2015, 10:01 PM
I hope sevco go up, but i was talking about this on the way back to the car, and i bet you if Motherwell score i will jump out my seat cheering.

No logic there at all? :confused:

It's your head versus your heart.

I won't watch the remaining play off games for that reason.

jacomo
23-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Would love to see the Huns crash and burn in the final, but Motherwell are our best chance of winning the league next season. king will put money into them this summer, if they're still in the championship they'll coast it.

Will he? Still waiting to see if King will back up his words with actions.

DH1875
24-05-2015, 01:23 AM
Havent seen much of Motherwell so no idea how good they are. Honestly think that sevco are fish though and still cant believe we didnt beat them over two legs. Would think that Motherwell will beat them but hope sevco win it.

Big_Franck
24-05-2015, 09:25 AM
I hope Motherwell beat them.

I've heard a few people say that the rangers will be stronger next year, but I don't see it. I think they'll really struggle to sell season tickets for another year in the championship, and they still owe Mike Ashley 5m. They have massive financial problems that will only worsen with another year in the Championship. So **** the rangers, I hope they get pumped.

heretoday
24-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Motherwell please.

gaz1875
24-05-2015, 11:44 AM
I hope Motherwell beat them.

I've heard a few people say that the rangers will be stronger next year, but I don't see it. I think they'll really struggle to sell season tickets for another year in the championship, and they still owe Mike Ashley 5m. They have massive financial problems that will only worsen with another year in the Championship. So **** the rangers, I hope they get pumped.

I'm with you, they have a huge rebuilding job, what quality players can they really attract in the Championship. If they don't start next season well, the pressure will really build (no different to us I guess) and the fans will turn. They could be back to leaking millions every month.

franks
24-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Want Well to stay up myself. Couldn't bring myself to hope it's the huns. Don't see them being much if any better than Well next season.

It will also bring more excitement to the league if we're going toe to toe with them all season. I can understand why some people want the huns promoted but I would love to go up against them next season and I don't think we should fear them, bring them on.

BoomtownHibees
24-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Come on you Well

Alex Trager
24-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Want Well to stay up myself. Couldn't bring myself to hope it's the huns. Don't see them being much if any better than Well next season.

It will also bring more excitement to the league if we're going toe to toe with them all season. I can understand why some people want the huns promoted but I would love to go up against them next season and I don't think we should fear them, bring them on.

This.
100%

'Mon the well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stranraer
24-05-2015, 12:35 PM
I want Sevco out of our division and if they go up they will have at least 3 derby pumpings to look forward to. Surely it'll be between us and (probably) Motherwell next season.

DH1875
24-05-2015, 01:02 PM

So we go toe to toe with them all season and it comes down to the last game of the season. That's great but what if in that last game of the season they win and we draw. They go up and we end up being stuck in this league for a third year. Erm, no thanks. Why take the risk, we are well shot of them.

Seven Zero
24-05-2015, 01:06 PM
After sitting in their end on Wednesday and seeing the horrible vermin up close I immediately wanted Motherwell to win but the more I think about it for the benefit of Hibs it has to be rangers that go up.They will invest next year so it makes more sense for it to be Motherwell coming down!

Mr White
24-05-2015, 01:09 PM
I understand the logic of wanting rangers to up but I hope well hump them. Can't see it though. I just had a look at the premiership table and motherwells home form was pretty solid, only 3 points worse than st johnstone. Their away form was absolutely honking though, only picking up 10 points from 19 matches. With a nearly full ibrox backing the huns I can see well struggling on thursday. Mccall should know how to set up to counter their strengths too.

JimBHibees
24-05-2015, 02:15 PM
I understand the logic of wanting rangers to up but I hope well hump them. Can't see it though. I just had a look at the premiership table and motherwells home form was pretty solid, only 3 points worse than st johnstone. Their away form was absolutely honking though, only picking up 10 points from 19 matches. With a nearly full ibrox backing the huns I can see well struggling on thursday. Mccall should know how to set up to counter their strengths too.

Motherwell have IMO a decent chance. They have a good spine of experienced players in McManus, McDonald, Hammell, Pearson and their form has improved. Not be much in this at all IMO.

Mr White
24-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Motherwell have IMO a decent chance. They have a good spine of experienced players in McManus, McDonald, Hammell, Pearson and their form has improved. Not be much in this at all IMO.

Not much. They took 5 points from the last 6 games. I can see sevco doing what they did to us- win at ibrox and park the bus and lee mcculloch's arse in the second leg.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Not much. They took 5 points from the last 6 games. I can see sevco doing what they did to us- win at ibrox and park the bus and lee mcculloch's arse in the second leg.

:agree: I can't see anything other than a Sevco win.

They'll win by at least two goals on Thursday IMO.

jacomo
24-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Unfortunately Well have a long tradition of lying down to the Huns. But every dog has its day. I live in hope.

scoopyboy
24-05-2015, 04:13 PM
We need the huns to win but I don't know why I'm even bothering to watch the game because the minute it starts I'll be supporting Motherwell, like most of us.

Exactly where I am guv, I posted this on another thread last night.

Anyone who doesn't think Rangers will be much stronger next season is on another planet and it's far better for us if they go up.

I will not watch the play offs as I know that against all the above logic I would want Motherwell to win.

If its Motherwell and St. Mirren that come down I reckon they will both have to slash their budgets substantially, in fact I know a few Motherwell fans who reckon it could be terminal for them.

A few of the QOTS players have already left and others will follow soon so hopefully we could piss it next season.

marinello59
24-05-2015, 04:19 PM
I hope Sevco get past Motherwell. I really don't want them in the same league as us for hygiene reasons.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Rangers fans complaining bitterly that Motherwell are only giving them 1/2 of the away stand for Sunday's game, but they are only giving Motherwell 950 tickets for Ibrox. I see we got a bit of bad press in this morning's papers, for only giving them 1/2 of the South, but I can't remember seeing Rangers getting too much bad press for only giving us 950 as well, and they had more empty seats at Ibrox than we had at ER

Callum_62
25-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Rangers fans complaining bitterly that Motherwell are only giving them 1/2 of the away stand for Sunday's game, but they are only giving Motherwell 950 tickets for Ibrox. I see we got a bit of bad press in this morning's papers, for only giving them 1/2 of the South, but I can't remember seeing Rangers getting too much bad press for only giving us 950 as well, and they had more empty seats at Ibrox than we had at ER

This, in a nutshell.

Im shocked no one on the press has bothered to mention that ofcourse.

Gatecrasher
25-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Rangers, them staying down would only hurt our chances.

Lago
25-05-2015, 08:04 PM
If Rangers go up watch any talk of reconstruction disappear like snow off a dike.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2015, 09:22 PM
This, in a nutshell.

Im shocked no one on the press has bothered to mention that ofcourse.

No mention either of Billy Boys or Derry walls getting sung at both games, unless these songs are now acceptable?

The_Horde
25-05-2015, 09:25 PM
No mention either of Billy Boys or Derry walls getting sung at both games, unless these songs are now acceptable?

It was just a minority though..