PDA

View Full Version : What Hibs Are Doing Wrong

One Day Soon
23-05-2015, 01:06 PM
The two clubs heading for promotion are the ones that ran up huge debts and then walked away from them to start again debt free. Plenty to spend on squad and wages.

There's a nice lesson for Scottish football.

blindsummit
23-05-2015, 01:12 PM
The two clubs heading for promotion are the ones that ran up huge debts and then walked away from them to start again debt free. Plenty to spend on squad and wages.

Correct, and their stadiums are rotting, but they won't spend any money on them.

We are total mugs at Hibs to accept this. Scottish football is corrupt to the core.

GlasgowHibee
23-05-2015, 01:15 PM
We celebrate defeats.

Franck Stanton
23-05-2015, 01:20 PM
Correct, and their stadiums are rotting, but they won't spend any money on them.

We are total mugs at Hibs to accept this. Scottish football is corrupt to the core.

Really ? Agree the PBS main stand but Castle Greyskull can hardly be described as "Rotting". Vile place due to the orcs that attend tere every week yes but not rotting.

Steve20
23-05-2015, 01:23 PM
We celebrate defeats.

Spot on. Losing 2-1 over two legs was shocking and for a lot of people to applaud the team off after that was beyond belief. Applaud what? Failure again.

Steve20
23-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Really ? Agree the PBS main stand but Castle Greyskull can hardly be described as "Rotting". Vile place due to the orcs that attend tere every week yes but not rotting.

I've got family who are Rangers season ticket holders and yes, a lot of the stadium is rotting and needs work done to it.

erskine-hibby
23-05-2015, 01:24 PM
We don't win enough games...simples

Mikey09
23-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Spot on. Losing 2-1 over two legs was shocking and for a lot of people to applaud the team off after that was beyond belief. Applaud what? Failure again.

Would you have been happier if we had all booed them off at the end?? Get a grip. Only thing beyond belief is your ridiculous post...

truehibernian
23-05-2015, 01:37 PM
The man the camera panned in on post game - get rid of him, you rid the club of a symbol of failure - then we move on healthier - end of !

Betty Boop
23-05-2015, 01:39 PM
The man the camera panned in on post game - get rid of him, you rid the club of a symbol of failure - then we move on healthier - end of !

Looked absolutely gutted !

The_Horde
23-05-2015, 01:40 PM

What are Hibs doing wrong? Clapping and singing for a bunch of weak losers at the end of our most important game of the season.

Loser mentality. Until we sort that out, we'll always be soft.

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2015, 01:41 PM

Neither Hearts or Rangers are debt free

truehibernian
23-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Looked absolutely gutted !

He sleeps easily at night knowing he ain't going anywhere - figurehead of 8 years of failure - remove him, fans will then truly have a healthy club !

He really isn't overly concerned.

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2015, 01:42 PM

Very good post

It seems that being an honest club and living within your means doesn't pay off. The best way to do things is to break rules steal from
Charity's and avoid paying bills then get it all wiped clean and go again

BroxburnHibee
23-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Cheats prosper.

Playing by the rules and living within your means gets you nowhere.

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2015, 01:44 PM
What are Hibs doing wrong? Clapping and singing for a bunch of weak losers at the end of our most important game of the season.

That team fought hard until the end and never gave up. You can't call Hibs weak when they battled hard all season

The_Horde
23-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Cheats prosper.

Aw boohoo. We're not strong enough. Simple.

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Aw boohoo. We're not strong enough. Simple.

The league table doesn't agree with your view.

Bobo
23-05-2015, 02:13 PM
We lack desire, ambition and belief and are more concerned about offending opposing clubs than standing up for ourselves. Long periods of mismanagement, covering most of the past 40 years, has seen us repeatedly sell our best players without suitable reinvestment in the playing squad, off-field ventures have been given precedence over any on-field success and we have lost any identity or standing we once held within the Scottish game, despite it now being one of the poorest football associations in Europe!

Add in the procession of less than capable managerial appointments over the past 10+ years and it's no real surprise that we are struggling to get out of 2nd tier football and are worse off than the likes of Ross County, Partick, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Dundee, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen, it's laughable but reality! Hibs have slipped so far from grace over the past decade that the repercussions of it all will see us sadly continue to struggle for sometime to come 😔

The_Horde
23-05-2015, 02:15 PM

And when it mattered?...

tamig
23-05-2015, 02:16 PM

Good one. I don't know why folk like you bother.

Hiber-nation
23-05-2015, 02:22 PM

Not surprising, this place is full of yams and wrist-slitters today.

Looking forward to next season already, bring it on.

tamig
23-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Not surprising, this place is full of yams and wrist-slitters today.

Looking forward to next season already, bring it on.

Me too bud. I suspect Stubbs will have had two lists of targets drawn up. A new team next season to romp the league from day one.

23-05-2015, 02:28 PM

Ridiculous. We weren't celebrating anything. We were applauding the team who had given absolutely everything and were unlucky in the end.

O'Rourke3
23-05-2015, 02:31 PM
I agree with the OP.

Regarding being soft - most folks were suicidal 3 years ago when the team failed to show against Hearts and let us down. Results aside (and before you start I know the result means everything) I witnessed all 3 games and never once thought, that team lacks heart, or bottle or fortitude. So I find myself gutted but figured they deserved to know that I(we) appreciated the fight that they showed. With Hearts, Rangers and us the odds were always going to be tough. Staying together as a group is how we get through this, not blaming some mustachio'd bogey man.

I would like to see him gone too though.

silverhibee
23-05-2015, 02:33 PM

And the team that finished below us just knocked us out the play off's.

How can Hibs just not go out and do what is needed in a big game for a change.

The_Horde
23-05-2015, 02:35 PM

Hammer, nail, head, drill, screw.. Etc

Hiber-nation
23-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Me too bud. I suspect Stubbs will have had two lists of targets drawn up. A new team next season to romp the league from day one.

Sounds good to me :aok:

tamig
23-05-2015, 02:38 PM

You've supported us for long enough. You know what being a Hibee is all about. I don't get some of the OTT stuff on here today. I'm disappointed but this was a totally different kind of disappointment to the meek surrenders of recent years. This season's gone. Onwards and upwards.

Ringothedog
23-05-2015, 02:39 PM

Neither do I. People like him are not worthy of supporting our club. If you can't celebrate defeat then you will never grow and be able to celebrate success gracefully.

HH81
23-05-2015, 02:40 PM

Agree Silver. Too many happy to accept crap.

The 3 big games this season has produced the wrong outcome. It's ok beating Livingston and Berwick but if you don't finish the job there you have failed.

Next season starts straight away.

Hiber-nation
23-05-2015, 02:41 PM

The 3 big games this season has produced the wrong outcome. It's ok beating Livingston and Berwick but if you don't finish the job there you have failed.

You think that finishing 2nd and losing the play off semi in the manner we did is "crap"? Wow.

HH81
23-05-2015, 02:43 PM
You think that finishing 2nd and losing the play off semi in the manner we did is "crap"? Wow.

Why are we happy to accept 2nd best?

steakbake
23-05-2015, 02:45 PM

As I left, that was my main feeling. When will we finally turn up to a big game?

Again, a game with a carnival atmosphere but nothing comes of it. Seen that so many times with Hibs, I approach them in hope but never any expectation.

Folks got excited at the 4-0 this year but how meaningless does that look now?

tamig
23-05-2015, 02:45 PM

Pish. Who's happy to accept crap? Folk were applauding the team today for their efforts. If you thought that was crap then I'll have to disagree with you. One point I do agree on is that next season has now started. Bring it on.

Turkish Green
23-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Cheats prosper.

Both of them were demoted, points deducted and player signing embargoes imposed in accordance with the rules. The fact is that they are the two best supported clubs in the Championship so they have better means than Hibs. At times this season the Yams were attracting to the PBS almost twice the attendances for fixtures than we were at ER.

Next season we will have even less means than this season unless we sell more STs which is unlikely, but that's OK because we are an honest club. We may have to play Motherwell next season, do you class them as cheats, too?

Let's stop banging the old drum of cheating due to insolvency, the Yams certainly did not chest their way to the title this season with a squad filled with young players. They were just run by a better management team.

So, on to next season which I do hope will be a successful one.

ahibby
23-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Malonga and Cummings failed over the tie. They had chances and blew them. Forwards need to be strong as well as talented. They might have the talent but mental and physical strength is lacking. We won four of the seven games against Rangers but what's the point of that when they are the wrong games.

blindsummit
23-05-2015, 02:51 PM

There are huge problems with their upper tier/club deck whatever you want to call it, and even saviour King has admitted they need to spend millions on it. And it's riddled with asbestos. But they and their cousins will continue to get safety licences rubber stamped and will get no pressure from the SFA/SPFL to do anything about it.

emerald green
23-05-2015, 02:56 PM

Hibs finished second, but it has to be remembered it was second in the second tier of Scottish Football, playing against some clubs who are part-time. It's not a very good league. Can I put it that way? Some might say it's a "crap" league.

Also, Hibs lost the tie to one of the crappiest Rangers teams (newco version) I can ever remember, full of crap has beens like Boyd, "elbows" McCulloch, Black, Shields & Miller.

Hibs are the better of the two teams, yet lost (the tie on this occasion). How often has that happened to Hibs over the course of this season, and seasons gone bye?

emerald green
23-05-2015, 03:01 PM
As I left, that was my main feeling. When will we finally turn up to a big game?

Again, a game with a carnival atmosphere but nothing comes of it. Seen that so many times with Hibs, I approach them in hope but never any expectation.

Folks got excited at the 4-0 this year but how meaningless does that look now?

I think that particular game, and the result, maybe created false expectations. Hibs were very good that day, but The Rangers were an absolute demoralised shambles then.

McCall has got a very ordinary bunch of players organised and much more difficult to beat now.

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2015, 03:03 PM

To be honest that is crap. The team that finishes 3rd has not earned the right to get into a play off it's a silly rule that was put in place in the Rangers/SFA boardroom

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Why are we happy to accept 2nd best?

People in the Top league aim for 3rd best every year....

HH81
23-05-2015, 03:06 PM
To be honest that is crap. The team that finishes 3rd has not earned the right to get into a play off it's a silly rule that was put in place in the Rangers/SFA boardroom

We can't say the rules are crap now we have lost the play offs.

Finishing 2nd give us an advantage and we still failed to get through.

HH81
23-05-2015, 03:06 PM
People in the Top league aim for 3rd best every year....

You would take 3rd in the top league most years?

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2015, 03:13 PM
You would take 3rd in the top league most years?

I never said that. Just pointing out that even in the top flight the aim for the season was always to finish 3rd. I think personally you should always go out and aim to win the league or comp you are in.

silverhibee
23-05-2015, 03:14 PM

Are you now blaming how the play off's are set up, that really is crap, brown crap, thought it was the majority of the teams that agreed that.

Hibs failed in there objective to get promoted at the first time of asking, even worse a piss piss poor new club done the damage.

Can't wait for the rebuilding of another team, and us scraping the bottom of the barrel for players for the new season ahead.

Happy f***ing days eh.

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2015, 03:15 PM

What would you suggest. Hurl abuse and boo? Whatever the reason for the defeat it was not down to lack of effort over the two legs. The players gave their all and the supporters showed their appreciation so what the hell is wrong with that?

HH81
23-05-2015, 03:16 PM
I never said that. Just pointing out that even in the top flight the aim for the season was always to finish 3rd. I think personally you should always go out and aim to win the league or comp you are in.

I agree but we have come up short this season. Finishing 2nd and a cup semi final loss is still not good enough for me given the two beatable teams we have played.

lyonhibs
23-05-2015, 04:07 PM
You've supported us for long enough. You know what being a Hibee is all about. I don't get some of the OTT stuff on here today. I'm disappointed but this was a totally different kind of disappointment to the meek surrenders of recent years. This season's gone. Onwards and upwards.

A "totally different kind of disappointment " wonderful phrasing.

At some point, it would be ideal to feel a "totally new kind of success " as a Hibs fan, aka winning the big games.

emerald green
23-05-2015, 04:24 PM
What would you suggest. Hurl abuse and boo? Whatever the reason for the defeat it was not down to lack of effort over the two legs. The players gave their all and the supporters showed their appreciation so what the hell is wrong with that?

The bit in bold - I agree it was not down to lack of effort. It was simply Hibs were not good enough over the two legs.

I believe Hibs, overall, are a better footballing side than The Rangers, but sometimes that in itself is not enough. Successful winning sides have a hardness and ruthlessness about them, especially in crunch matches, which I just don't see at Hibs I'm afraid.

They take their chances and put the ball in the net more often than their opponents and don't, as a rule, concede soft goals.

BroxburnHibee
23-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Both of them were demoted, points deducted and player signing embargoes imposed in accordance with the rules. The fact is that they are the two best supported clubs in the Championship so they have better means than Hibs. At times this season the Yams were attracting to the PBS almost twice the attendances for fixtures than we were at ER.

Next season we will have even less means than this season unless we sell more STs which is unlikely, but that's OK because we are an honest club. We may have to play Motherwell next season, do you class them as cheats, too?

Let's stop banging the old drum of cheating due to insolvency, the Yams certainly did not chest their way to the title this season with a squad filled with young players. They were just run by a better management team.

So, on to next season which I do hope will be a successful one.

My point is their years of cheating got them 2 trophies and plenty if wins over us. What was the price? A year in the 1st division.

tamig
23-05-2015, 04:53 PM
A "totally different kind of disappointment " wonderful phrasing.

At some point, it would be ideal to feel a "totally new kind of success " as a Hibs fan, aka winning the big games.

Aye it would. But we are Hibs. I've been a supporter for nearly 50 years and the bulk of that has been mediocrity a d disappointment. I'm proud to be a Hibee and will support them evermore through everything. We're not entitled to success. The occasional glimmer would be nice though.

weonlywon6-2
23-05-2015, 04:57 PM
We didn't have the financial problem like hearts or rangersbut we had a poor board making stupid choices, possibly just as bad a problem.
Having them two in the league was unfortunate

marleyhib
23-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Some absolute welts have posted on this thread, I applauded today for the efforts of the team and Alan Stubbs and his staff, we have no divine right to win anything and to say we accept second best is laughable. We are a proud club and I don't go to watch Hibs to expect to win anything. I go because they are in my blood and a big part of my life. We are what we are and I look forward to next season and whatever it brings.

Scottie
23-05-2015, 05:00 PM
We lack desire, ambition and belief and are more concerned about offending opposing clubs than standing up for ourselves. Long periods of mismanagement, covering most of the past 40 years, has seen us repeatedly sell our best players without suitable reinvestment in the playing squad, off-field ventures have been given precedence over any on-field success and we have lost any identity or standing we once held within the Scottish game, despite it now being one of the poorest football associations in Europe!

Add in the procession of less than capable managerial appointments over the past 10+ years and it's no real surprise that we are struggling to get out of 2nd tier football and are worse off than the likes of Ross County, Partick, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Dundee, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen, it's laughable but reality! Hibs have slipped so far from grace over the past decade that the repercussions of it all will see us sadly continue to struggle for sometime to come 
Can't disagree with any of that Bobo.

Why we think we are a big club is beyond me though. In 40 years following us we have won 2 League Cups. Not great.

My_Wife_Camille
23-05-2015, 05:04 PM
The league table suggested that we were second best. Something that we were all season including the play off games.

My_Wife_Camille
23-05-2015, 05:06 PM
It's the ****ing Championship for Christ sake! Of course finishing 2nd and losing in the play off is Crap! What is wrong with some people?

tamig
23-05-2015, 05:07 PM
Some absolute welts have posted on this thread, I applauded today for the efforts of the team and Alan Stubbs and his staff, we have no divine right to win anything and to say we accept second best is laughable. We are a proud club and I don't go to watch Hibs to expect to win anything. I go because they are in my blood and a big part of my life. We are what we are and I look forward to next season and whatever it brings.

Totally agree. Perfectly put. Hope some of the suicide squad take note.

cappoquinboy
23-05-2015, 05:10 PM

Add in the procession of less than capable managerial appointments over the past 10+ years and it's no real surprise that we are struggling to get out of 2nd tier football and are worse off than the likes of Ross County, Partick, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Dundee, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen, it's laughable but reality! Hibs have slipped so far from grace over the past decade that the repercussions of it all will see us sadly continue to struggle for sometime to come 

Best and most accurate post I have read on this site for ages.

The root of our problems are in the Boardroom and until that is fully addressed we can expect more of the same 😰.

WHAM
23-05-2015, 05:15 PM

100% mate

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2015, 05:18 PM

It's strange how some of those who forecast we would struggle to make the play offs are now saying 2nd was not acceptable. We are all desperately disappointed to miss out on promotion but some of the comments on here are pathetic.

Baader
23-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Should we only clap when we win? Nothing wrong with recognising hard endeavour which is what we saw today. Was a different case under the likes of Clown Calderwood and Fenlon when we had players who couldn't care less about the club.

Some folk should support Real Madrid or someone for whom success still isn't enough...

marleyhib
23-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Should we only clap when we win? Nothing wrong with recognising hard endeavour which is what we saw today. Was a different case under the likes of Clown Calderwood and Fenlon when we had players who couldn't care less about the club.

Some folk should support Real Madrid or someone for whom success still isn't enough...

Exactly

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 05:49 PM

Spot on

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 06:05 PM

Said tge same to my mate on way out. I was actually annoyed, yes annoyed that we were singing after the game. This, imo, showed exactly what we have become - serial losers. What the heck did we have to sing about? Failure AGAIN. Now I'm not saying we bottled it, but we clearly were not good enough again, despite having the better players. The acceptance of mediocracy from a large majority of the support is absolutely astounding.

tamig
23-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Said tge same to my mate on way out. I was actually annoyed, yes annoyed that we were singing after the game. This, imo, showed exactly what we have become - serial losers. What the heck did we have to sing about? Failure AGAIN. Now I'm not saying we bottled it, but we clearly were not good enough again, despite having the better players. The acceptance of mediocracy from a large majority of the support is absolutely astounding.
So what's the answer - boo? Who's accepting mediocrity? The team bust a gut today and the vast majority of the support recognised and acknowledged that. The club was in a state less than a year ago. Big steps have been taken to right that and I'm sure we'll see the benefit from that next season.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 06:15 PM

Because booing would really have helped??

Can we not just support the effort the player's have given Today.....

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2015, 06:16 PM
1, Far too long the club was allowed to drift, and the acceptance of underachievement took hold. Petrie must take the lion's share of the blame for this malaise and complacency.
2, Too many loan and short term signings which it impossible to develop a team. Instead we seem to start over again each summer, often with worse players than before.
3, Bad managerial appointments who continued the decline.
4, Too soft a touch for far too long. Weak mentality.

This season has felt like some of the problems have finally been identified and tackled, but it's more than a one year job.

Pete
23-05-2015, 06:17 PM

Apparently you're part of the problem if you do this.

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 06:17 PM
So what's the answer - boo? Who's accepting mediocrity? The team bust a gut today and the vast majority of the support recognised and acknowledged that. The club was in a state less than a year ago. Big steps have been taken to right that and I'm sure we'll see the benefit from that next season.

Did I say boo?? That woukd have been worse, but to active celebrate (thats what it was) is weak. Its a losers mentally, and that's unfortunately what a huge part of our support have. If it was the odd occasion I would understand. But it's not, it's all the time. Until we as a club stop accepting failure, I can't see us progressing to were we all want to be.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 06:18 PM

Fans in enjoying teams efforts shocker... If you don't agree don't join in but don't slate people for doing what the feel is right. I don't like bawbags who moanand shout abuse for ninety minutes but I have to deal with it

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Because booing would really have helped??

Can you please point out to me, as I'm clearly stupid, where I said we should have booed the team?

Thanks

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2015, 06:19 PM
The support we gave the team was very good today, and the team gave their all too. Would folk have prefered it if we'd just been quiet all game?

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 06:22 PM
The support we gave the team was very good today, and the team gave their all too. Would folk have prefered it if we'd just been quiet all game?

If you are referring to me, I'll answer. I thought the support during the game was incredible. The stadium was rocking in the first half and it did help the team. However, singing after ANOTHER failure to me is a joke. Celebrating failure again. A huge difference from supporting the team during the game

tamig
23-05-2015, 06:24 PM
Did I say boo?? That woukd have been worse, but to active celebrate (thats what it was) is weak. Its a losers mentally, and that's unfortunately what a huge part of our support have. If it was the odd occasion I would understand. But it's not, it's all the time. Until we as a club stop accepting failure, I can't see us progressing to were we all want to be.
I asked you if booing was the answer. You still haven't answered. So should the support just have shuffled out in silence today? How long have you been following Hibs? If it's glory you're after you should maybe think of going somewhere else.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2015, 06:25 PM
If you are referring to me, I'll answer. I thought the support during the game was incredible. The stadium was rocking in the first half and it did help the team. However, singing after ANOTHER failure to me is a joke. Celebrating failure again. A huge difference from supporting the team during the game

Cant see anything wrong in what happened at the end, the team gave their all and just failed. Its not like they were absolutely rank and never tried a leg.

Greencore
The problem is simple, invest in the team and reap the rewards, I don't believe Stubbs made a bad signing. But i do believe he wanted to sign more players of better quality.

Baldy Foghorn
Can you please point out to me, as I'm clearly stupid, where I said we should have booed the team?

Thanks

Can you tell me where Hibs fans where celebrating?

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2015, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;4381155]The support we gave the team was very good today, and the team gave their all too. Would folk have prefered it if we'd just been quiet all game

We are criiticised for booing, we are criticised for cheering. Leave early you are criticised, stay to the end and acknowledge the players efforts you are criticised. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 06:29 PM
I asked you if booing was the answer. You still haven't answered. So should the support just have shuffled out in silence today? How long have you been following Hibs? If it's glory you're after you should maybe think of going somewhere else.

Ok, if you need it spelled out for you.

1) no booing is not the answer, it never has been.
2) no, but singing and acting like we had won something is not either.
3) 25 years. Is that long enough to have an opinion? To say I'm only after glory is nothing short of a disgrace, ibe seen hibs win 2 things in my whole life. Idiot.

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Cant see anything wrong in what happened at the end, the team gave their all and just failed. Its not like they were absolutely rank and never tried a leg.

Never said we didn't try. I Didnt think we could have given more. But we almost exclusively fail, and far to many are too accepting of this.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 06:32 PM

3) 25 years. Is that long enough to have an opinion? To say I'm only after glory is nothing short of a disgrace, ibe seen hibs win 2 things in my whole life. Idiot.

Why does it bother you so much what other people do.. You left it didn't affect you... People wanted to show the players appreciation,, so What??

tamig
23-05-2015, 06:34 PM

Lol. Good one. I didn't see anybody "celebrating" or acting like we'd won something. I saw supporters acknowledging the effort their team had put in. Like I said, if it's trophies you are after try somewhere else. And don't call me an idiot.

Stax
23-05-2015, 06:37 PM
We were on a hiding to nothing at the start of this season with the shambles that was left no matter who you blame. Some folk on here were doubting we'd finish top four. I'm as pissed off as anyone but some people need to get a grip. We finished second in a league we started without a recognised starting 11 FFS

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Why does it bother you so much what other people do.. You left it didn't affect you... People wanted to show the players appreciation,, so What??

Would clubs who are much more successful than hibs have sang their team off the park todsy after yet another failure? I think not. Hibs fans are far to accepting of failure for my liking. We need a big club mentallity amongst the fans if we want to be better.

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Lol. Good one. I didn't see anybody "celebrating" or acting like we'd won something. I saw supporters acknowledging the effort their team had put in. Like I said, if it's trophies you are after try somewhere else. And don't call me an idiot.

If it's mediocrity you are after, you are clearly in the right place. I, like many others, want more from the team I love

tamig
23-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Never said we didn't try. I Didnt think we could have given more. But we almost exclusively fail, and far to many are too accepting of this.

Do you not accept the failure then? In what way do you not accept it? In what way would you like other supporters to show their non-acceptance of this constant failure that I'm assuming is unacceptable to you?

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Would clubs who are much more successful than hibs have sang their team off the park todsy after yet another failure? I think not. Hibs fans are far to accepting of failure for my liking. We need a big club mentallity amongst the fans if we want to be better.

I've been to both a dortmund match and an athletico Madrid match this year where they have been beaten. Both times they were beaten and supported their team through the whole 90 mins and stayed and sang afterwords, also there was very little abuse ( that I could pick up in a foreign language) when their own players made mistakes.. Are those big enough examples for you or are you purely referring to the of and hearts? Abusing our own players and booing them off the pitch is as far as I've witnessed a Scottish football trait in the main

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 06:43 PM
We were on a hiding to nothing at the start of this season with the shambles that was left no matter who you blame. Some folk on here were doubting we'd finish top four. I'm as pissed off as anyone but some people need to get a grip. We finished second in a league we started without a recognised starting 11 FFS

:top marks

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Do you not accept the failure then? In what way do you not accept it? In what way would you like other supporters to show their non-acceptance of this constant failure that I'm assuming is unacceptable to you?

I, as an individual, have to accept our consistent failure. As I, as an individual, cannot do anything about it. However, if we, as a collective support, stopped accepting it so readily, things may change. But it's fine, you are happy to continue the way we are going. I'm sorry, but I'm not.

Kato
23-05-2015, 06:48 PM
I, as an individual, have to accept our consistent failure. As I, as an individual, cannot do anything about it. However, if we, as a collective support, stopped accepting it so readily, things may change. But it's fine, you are happy to continue the way we are going. I'm sorry, but I'm not.

How do we go about not accepting it? Go in the huff?

Lee Marvin
I've been to both a dortmund match and an athletico Madrid match this year where they have been beaten. Both times they were beaten and supported their team through the whole 90 mins and stayed and sang afterwords, also there was very little abuse ( that I could pick up in a foreign language) when their own players made mistakes.. Are those big enough examples for you or are you purely referring to the of and hearts? Abusing our own players and booing them off the pitch is as far as I've witnessed a Scottish football trait in the main

I'm not taking this as a one off. If it was, definitely sing thrm off the park. Bit it's not, it's been 8 years of failures and embarrassments. Hardly comparible to two teams who have won leagues in the last 3 yrs. Not a fair comparison unfortunately

Swedish hibee
We've beat The Rangers 4 times this season- and we're not going up. :boo hoo:

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 06:50 PM
I'm not taking this as a one off. If it was, definitely sing thrm off the park. Bit it's not, it's been 8 years of failures and embarrassments. Hardly comparible to two teams who have won leagues in the last 3 yrs. Not a fair comparison unfortunately

It was an answer to your question.. I don't support my team because they win leagues, there are plenty examples of teams around the world who's fans show relentless support without them winning much.. If we are competing and entertaining that's good enough for me

tamig
23-05-2015, 06:51 PM
If it's mediocrity you are after, you are clearly in the right place. I, like many others, want more from the team I love

We all want more. I'd love it if we won the Champions League. I can't see it happening in reality though. I've been through so much pain following Hibs over the years. I don't like where we are. I remember relegation in 79/80, Mercer, relegation when the gunts broke their trophy drought. We bounce back. It shapes us as people - I like to think Hibs fans are a bit more easy going, arty, stylish, creative individuals rather than the more bland, conservative outlooks that I see in a lot of Hearts fans I know. I also think what Hibs put us through makes us stronger individuals in life. Maybe you're a bit different though. You've let off a lot of steam on this thread but you've yet to come up with any answers or suggestions. You've just moaned about a lack of success. Welcome to Hibernian.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2015, 06:52 PM
The team gave everything today, and the support acknowledged that at the end. We have booed the team in the past because the crowd have perceived that they had not given their all.

Today was not one of those days, and the crowd showed them they had seen that. :top marks

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 06:53 PM
It was an answer to your question.. I don't support my team because they win leagues, there are plenty examples of teams around the world who's fans show relentless support without them winning much.. If we are competing and entertaining that's good enough for me

Perfect example of the weakness in mentality that runs through our support. 4th biggest team in Scotland, yet consistently win arse all. Brilliant

tamig
23-05-2015, 06:55 PM
So how do we as a support demonstrate the non acceptance of failure? I've asked you already and you've still not put any suggestion forward. I think others are possibly noticing this now as well.

Northernhibee
Perfect example of the weakness in mentality that runs through our support. 4th biggest team in Scotland, yet consistently win arse all. Brilliant

What do you exactly propose we do if we don't boo and don't applaud them? Wet fart Agadoo through wounded trumpets at them?

liamh2202

You a sports psychologist now?? I tend to make supporting my team as enjoyable as an experience as I can win or lose. It's a leisure activity I like partaking in.. Don't see the point getting upset and stressed over it

HH81
Has anyone had the chance to watch game back on tv?

I found Hibs quite frustrating to watch and felt we had a chance but didn't really take it. People at the game seemed to come across on here Hibs were decent, I didn't get that off the tv.

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 06:56 PM
What do you exactly propose we do if we don't boo and don't applaud them? Wet fart Agadoo through wounded trumpets at them?

Brilliant 😁

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 06:57 PM
We all want more. I'd love it if we won the Champions League. I can't see it happening in reality though. I've been through so much pain following Hibs over the years. I don't like where we are. I remember relegation in 79/80, Mercer, relegation when the gunts broke their trophy drought. We bounce back. It shapes us as people - I like to think Hibs fans are a bit more easy going, arty, stylish, creative individuals rather than the more bland, conservative outlooks that I see in a lot of Hearts fans I know. I also think what Hibs put us through makes us stronger individuals in life. Maybe you're a bit different though. You've let off a lot of steam on this thread but you've yet to come up with any answers or suggestions. You've just moaned about a lack of success. Welcome to Hibernian.

Lets agree to disagree. I'm maybe just an angrier person than you. We'll both still be there in the first day of next season, that's all that really counts

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Has anyone had the chance to watch game back on tv?

I found Hibs quite frustrating to watch and felt we had a chance but didn't really take it. People at the game seemed to come across on here Hibs were decent, I didn't get that off the tv.

We were good for the first 15 mins. The rest of the game we were very average, verging in poor under the circumstances

gaz1875
23-05-2015, 06:59 PM

Accepting defeat/failure or showing support? To criticise supporters for showing support win lose or draw doesn't make the team try less but it might encourage them to take more chances and give more effort....Think about it

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Lets agree to disagree. I'm maybe just an angrier person than you. We'll both still be there in the first day of next season, that's all that really counts

Good post, every person has their reasons for going, every person Has their own reactions to different situations but at the end of the day we all have the main thing in common. Not one person at Easter Road is more important than the next guy. And this time next year we will all be signing the same song when we are celebrating promotion,

HH81
23-05-2015, 07:02 PM
We were good for the first 15 mins. The rest of the game we were very average, verging in poor under the circumstances

I meant to put that apart from first 20 mins.

My_Wife_Camille
The team gave everything today, and the support acknowledged that at the end. We have booed the team in the past because the crowd have perceived that they had not given their all.

Today was not one of those days, and the crowd showed them they had seen that. :top marks
Agreed:agree:

Northernhibee
If the response the team got at the end is enough to convince a couple of the out of contract players to stay by tugging on the heartstrings then it was well worth it. They've given us lots of good football this season, given us some of our pride back and I'm happy for that.

Terry Butcher is to blame for our situation just now, relegating us into a league with The Rangers and Hearts.

tamig

You're sounding awful like a wannabe glory hunter again. you're in the wrong place and following the wrong team pal. Time to give it a rest I think. Or come up with some golden bullets that
1. Show how we as a support refuse to accept any more failure.
and
2. Suggest how the club can start winning the silverware you obviously crave.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 07:06 PM

Summed up nicely, we saw effort, we applauded.....

tamig
23-05-2015, 07:08 PM

Sorry but you've said a lot of stuff and not come up with a single suggestion as to how to deal with it. I can be very angry but a lifetime of following Hibs can have a mellowing effect. It will come to you - trust me it will. In saying that, Hibs can still make me angry too. Not as often nowadays - quite a few times under Butcher though.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Summed up nicely, we saw effort, we applauded.....

Exactly.

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 07:12 PM
You're sounding awful like a wannabe glory hunter again. you're in the wrong place and following the wrong team pal. Time to give it a rest I think. Or come up with some golden bullets that
1. Show how we as a support refuse to accept any more failure.
and
2. Suggest how the club can start winning the silverware you obviously crave.

Wannabe glory hunter!!! Are you actually for real pal?! Can I ask you, do you support hibs and want them to win? If so, you are as much of a glory hunter as me. If not, you are in the wrong place and sport pal

tamig
23-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Wannabe glory hunter!!! Are you actually for real pal?! Can I ask you, do you support hibs and want them to win? If so, you are as much of a glory hunter as me. If not, you are in the wrong place and sport pal
Really.....

Bishop Hibee
23-05-2015, 07:17 PM
We celebrate defeats.

No we don't. We celebrate that WE are Hibernian FC and love our club. The players gave everything today and the fans appreciated that. That they weren't good enough is something that Stubbs will sort out over the summer hopefully.

Another myth along with the "bottlers" one.

tamig
23-05-2015, 07:18 PM
No we don't. We celebrate that WE are Hibernian FC and love our club. The players gave everything today and the fans appreciated that. That they weren't good enough is something that Stubbs will sort out over the summer hopefully.

Indeed.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2015, 07:20 PM

:top marks:gwa::gwa:

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 07:20 PM

Post of the night ggtth

Kato
23-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Perfect example of the weakness in mentality that runs through our support.

Brilliant. Maybe you should go around the pubs before the start of next season and explain to all the supporters you are referring to that they have weak mentalities and give them your advice as to how they should behave, whatever that is. Given you have such a strong mentality yourself it should be pretty easy.

tamig
23-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Brilliant. Maybe you should go around the pubs before the start of next season and explain to all the supporters you are referring to that they have weak mentalities and give them your advice as to how they should behave, whatever that is. Given you have such a strong mentality yourself it should be pretty easy.

Absolutely. And still not one proposal or suggestion as to what that behaviour should be. Unbelievable stuff.

Stax
23-05-2015, 09:06 PM

SanFranHibs
23-05-2015, 09:22 PM

I don't think we were celebrating a defeat. Most Hibs fans were just showing their appreciation for what they perceived as a team and manager trying to take us in the right direction.

I am not convinced Rangers will go up and frankly it does not matter. We can only and should only concern ourselves with our club. We need a good off season. Two or three decent signings, hopefully hold onto Allan, not look for scapegoats. Stubbs and his coaching staff need to improve and somehow produce a team with a cutting edge. Score at more critical points

Now that it has transpired we are staying in this division next season can and must be taken by the horns right from the outset. No ten games trying to find the right formation. More meaningful and tougher pre season games. Beating. Scottish second division teams 4-0 might as well not happen.

No excuses next year.

worcesterhibby
23-05-2015, 09:40 PM

Go support Celtic Freak

worcesterhibby
23-05-2015, 09:44 PM

Why have you got Franck Sauzee in your avatar then ?..he didn't win anything with Hibs..not one trophy. By your standards he was a failure at Hibs. You are a hypocrite. Go away, get yourself a backbone and stop acting like a 4 year old girl who isn't allowed the teddy she wants.

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Why have you got Franck Sauzee in your avatar then ?..he didn't win anything with Hibs..not one trophy. By your standards he was a failure at Hibs. You are a hypocrite. Go away, get yourself a backbone and stop acting like a 4 year old girl who isn't allowed the teddy she wants.

Hilarious reply. Enhances every point I have made tonight.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Crime and immorality pays.

It's how the low budget backwater TV offering that Scottish football has become over the years works.

unless we fancy doing the same thing we are required to put up shut up and keep subscribing to the same TV channels that are creaming themselves at the emergence of nearly bust yam and the latest version of the club formerly known as Glasgow rangers.

JimBHibees
23-05-2015, 09:53 PM

Absolutely ridiculous comment,

jacomo
23-05-2015, 10:08 PM

Shows to me that, despite the improvements Stubbs has made, Hibs are still a work in progress.

Onwards!

worcesterhibby
23-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Hilarious reply. Enhances every point I have made tonight.

Nonsense, you slag off a team that beat rangers 4 times, you demand success, yet you have a player as your avatar who won nothing at Hibs. you are spineless. you talk crap Go and support Celtic, or Chelsea. Grow up or away and cry to your mammy and stop greetin on here.

Or maybe , just maybe..you enjoyed watching the wonderful football that sauzee played, despite the fact that we won sod all. which means you are talking out of your fat backside. chin up, grow a spine and stop whining.

SanFranHibs
23-05-2015, 10:20 PM
I understand the frustration amongst Hubs fans but calling people hypocrites because they have Sauzee as their avatar is ridiculous. If the criteria is having won something major whilst playing for Hubs then we are limited in our choice.

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Nonsense, you slag off a team that beat rangers 4 times, you demand success, yet you have a player as your avatar who won nothing at Hibs. you are spineless. you talk crap Go and support Celtic, or Chelsea. Grow up or away and cry to your mammy and stop greetin on here.

Or maybe , just maybe..you enjoyed watching the wonderful football that sauzee played, despite the fact that we won sod all. which means you are talking out of your fat backside. chin up, grow a spine and stop whining.

Again, utterly pathetic post. I did infact love the football that sauzee played, football I have not seen for at least 8 years. That's 8 whole sorry years, all despite having the 3rd or 4th biggest budget in Scotland.

Like I've said, if you take this tie in isolation, applauding/singing is probably warranted. However taking it in the context of the last 10 years, I can't see how the majority of people are not sick of being losers.

My mate said it today, hibs are always the bridesmaid, never the bride. I'm having to accept that, but I don't do it as easily as most.

marinello59
I understand the frustration amongst Hubs fans but calling people hypocrites because they have Sauzee as their avatar is ridiculous. If the criteria is having won something major whilst playing for Hubs then we are limited in our choice.

Just that sort of night, steam has to be let off somehow. We all handle disappointment differently.

Lee Marvin

Good lad. The post you are referring to is beyond pathetic

Bostonhibby
23-05-2015, 10:48 PM
Agree. It's like benchmarking the quality of your team by how many convicted sex offenders you have employed

worcesterhibby
23-05-2015, 10:51 PM

I wasn't slagging him for having Sauzee as his avatar, I was slagging him for being a hypocrite. I, like every other Hibs fan loved Franck. But the poster in question basically said that Hibs fans were losers for applauding a team that lost. Well Francks team lost the big matches too, or did he forget that ?

Read the posts and understand them before you slag people off.

Anyway...all the "Big Men" who slag off Hibs support for its loser mentality can carry on. I'm off to bed.

Lee Marvin
23-05-2015, 10:58 PM
I wasn't slagging him for having Sauzee as his avatar, I was slagging him for being a hypocrite. I, like every other Hibs fan loved Franck. But the poster in question basically said that Hibs fans were losers for applauding a team that lost. Well Francks team lost the big matches too, or did he forget that ?

Anyway...all the "Big Men" who slag off Hibs support for its loser mentality can carry on. I'm off to bed.

Reply to my last post. I've explained it all there. Or are you not able too....

Bed for me too. We maybe will all be less emotional tomorrow

buktapurple79
24-05-2015, 06:53 AM
That team fought hard until the end and never gave up. You can't call Hibs weak when they battled hard all season

Exactly bud - we were top of the stats for the games between us, the Orcs and the Hoofballing charity cheats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
24-05-2015, 07:37 AM

Do you class the derby a big match ? Cause i sure as hell do . Sauzee lost how many derbys ? None

GGTTH

lucky
24-05-2015, 08:25 AM
I enjoyed this season, some good performances. 1/4 final league cup, 1/2 final Scottish cup, 2nd in the league. Overall we played some great football. But I'm still gutted we lost the big games. I'm hopeful Stubbs will build on this year and we will have a more successful outcome. Hibs are playing some great football , Scott Allen is a joy to watch, but it's a lack of cutting edge that cost us this season.
A few weeks break then hopefully a nice wee away preseason game followed by an undeafted league campaign

erin go bragh
24-05-2015, 08:45 AM
I enjoyed this season, some good performances. 1/4 final league cup, 1/2 final Scottish cup, 2nd in the league. Overall we played some great football. But I'm still gutted we lost the big games. I'm hopeful Stubbs will build on this year and we will have a more successful outcome. Hibs are playing some great football , Scott Allen is a joy to watch, but it's a lack of cutting edge that cost us this season.
A few weeks break then hopefully a nice wee away preseason game followed by an undeafted league campaign
Ditto . But ill leave the undefeated stuff to the cheats across the city .

GGTTH

JimBHibees
24-05-2015, 08:46 AM

No one was celebrating. All were absolutely gutted to have lost however the team and the management deserved appreciation for their efforts this season. It isn't that hard to work out.

Stokesy's on fire
24-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Are you now blaming how the play off's are set up, that really is crap, brown crap, thought it was the majority of the teams that agreed that.

Hibs failed in there objective to get promoted at the first time of asking, even worse a piss piss poor new club done the damage.

Can't wait for the rebuilding of another team, and us scraping the bottom of the barrel for players for the new season ahead.

Happy f***ing days eh.

Sorry for late reply I just noticed this

No I'm not blaming the play off rules I just don't agree with them. The idea is to make a competitive and strong to flight. The team that finishes 2nd has proven that they are what it says on the tin 2nd best...now the team that was worse off in 3rd gets a **** at going yo and they sure as hell don't deserve it. The new rules have more or less a saved them.

Forza Fred
24-05-2015, 09:17 AM
No one was celebrating. All were absolutely gutted to have lost however the team and the management deserved appreciation for their efforts this season. It isn't that hard to work out.

Absolutely.

At the end of last season we were a complete basket case of a club.

Stubbs came and cobbled together a side without the luxury of much preparation time, and after some shaky moments gave us hope that we would definitely be challenging for promotion.

Quite simply we were just and only just, not good enough to go up.

Yesterday I saw a very committed side try their very best to do what was needed.

We can either accept that they did their best, but didn't do good enough, and consider how we improve next season, or indulge in some energy sapping blame game, shooting from the hip.

Some appear to have adopted the latter position.

I'm very disappointed, but am already looking forward to next season's campaign, as I have seen a lot of positive things as the season progressed.

Yes, one more season in the backwater, but we were simply not good enough.

JimBHibees
24-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Absolutely.

At the end of last season we were a complete basket case of a club.

Stubbs came and cobbled together a side without the luxury of much preparation time, and after some shaky moments gave us hope that we would definitely be challenging for promotion.

Quite simply we were just and only just, not good enough to go up.

Yesterday I saw a very committed side try their very best to do what was needed.

We can either accept that they did their best, but didn't do good enough, and consider how we improve next season, or indulge in some energy sapping blame game, shooting from the hip.

Some appear to have adopted the latter position.

I'm very disappointed, but am already looking forward to next season's campaign, as I have seen a lot of positive things as the season progressed.

Yes, one more season in the backwater, but we were simply not good enough.

Spot on I would have been mortified if Butcher had stayed and we had been fed the same awful football and stayed in the championship this season. The fact is we now have a progressive coaching team and a group of mainly young players showing ability and a style of football which is attractive to watch is to me undoubtedly progress.

Every Hibs fan will be gutted at coming so close in both cup and league however only the most churlish would say we are not a much better team than we were at the start of the season. We will only get stronger and while we will lose some players the structure is IMO now in place for us to improve markedly in the next few seasons. Yesterday's show of support for the players and management was well deserved and personally was delighted to be part of it, emotional as it was. It was simply the right thing to do.

Zazu62
24-05-2015, 09:31 AM
Why didn't Stanton,handling or dunsmore get a chance fyvfie and Craig didn't impress me over the 2 legs, Craig just shouts at people

AlbertK86
24-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Absolutely. At the end of last season we were a complete basket case of a club. Stubbs came and cobbled together a side without the luxury of much preparation time, and after some shaky moments gave us hope that we would definitely be challenging for promotion. Quite simply we were just and only just, not good enough to go up. Yesterday I saw a very committed side try their very best to do what was needed. We can either accept that they did their best, but didn't do good enough, and consider how we improve next season, or indulge in some energy sapping blame game, shooting from the hip. Some appear to have adopted the latter position. I'm very disappointed, but am already looking forward to next season's campaign, as I have seen a lot of positive things as the season progressed. Yes, one more season in the backwater, but we were simply not good enough.

100% correct

I've resisted the urge to post since yesterday as there was some horrific reactions on .net and as I'd had a bevy I deliberately never responded to the nonsense.

I'm as disappointed as everybody but given the situation for Stubbs at the beginning of the season he has brought us on leaps and bounds

Work in progress

Get a good start and we will be League champions next season

Let's back Stubbs and the team from the off

GGTTH

Mikey09
24-05-2015, 09:59 AM

It obviously is for some Jim... :greengrin

Mikey09
24-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Why didn't Stanton,handling or dunsmore get a chance fyvfie and Craig didn't impress me over the 2 legs, Craig just shouts at people

You might have a case for Sammy Stanton but Stubbs obviously thought Dje dje could grab us a goal. Don't think Handling would have been the right one to bring on in that situation. We needed to overload our attacking options so why would Stubbs throw a right back on, and one with no first team experience whatsoever into a game like that?? Don't get me wrong I really like the look of Dunsmore and think he has a big future at Hibs but I don't think it would have been fair on the lad. Just my opinion though.

Ronniekirk
24-05-2015, 02:28 PM

We did well after a poor start If we had a fully fit farid and Boyle and foster for these two games and got beat then we would have given it our best shot However I still think we should of been able to get through and we didn't Like a few games this season we haven't been able to cope with having to break down a packed defence at home We have had time to work on this in last few weeks and didn't come up with a plan b That's my only real issue But as a club we are going in the right direction but it's now down to budgets and who we can attract with no hearts or possibly rangers in Championship next Season and we really do need to win the Championship next Season

My_Wife_Camille
24-05-2015, 05:46 PM

He won the very league that we've failed to get of this season

tamig
24-05-2015, 06:04 PM
He won the very league that we've failed to get of this season

When the club threw money at it and there were no other "big" teams in there. Totally different set of circumstances and a very imbalanced comparison.