PDA

View Full Version : Priority signing for next season

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-05-2015, 12:59 PM
A ****ing priest to exorcise our ground!

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2015, 02:11 PM
The power of Christ compels you!!!

mutley
23-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Maybe we should built a wicker man on the centre spot and put a Jambo in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamig
23-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Maybe we should built a wicker man on the centre spot and put a Jambo in it?

That sounds great. A mid-summer sacrifice on 21 June. I like that. Now, who will be our sacrificial hertz lamb?

J-C
23-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Someone needs to find that ****ing Hearts scarf that's seemingly under the east stand.

The_Horde
23-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Kenny Miller

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Kenny Miller

😂😂😂

familyman
23-05-2015, 02:58 PM
We have paid the price for not having a clinical finisher.Now we have fans cash and excellent season ticket monies for NEXT SEASON, we simply MUST buy a proven experienced and clinical finisher.(one at the correct level though..no James Collins)..we could and should have had at least 3 goals today......no lack of fight and certainly plenty of bottle ,but Scot Alan again shadowed by Gers as last time, and yet we only started to get penetration in the air so late on.....tactics again....

Well done though to the players for effort, Stubbs for getting them together as a unit ,we now need to sort out tactics far better if we are to be faced with spoiling tactics on a regular basis..
GET THE BANK TO COUGH UP FOR A CLASSY STRIKER .....then we will have a team to scare everyone!!!!

Said day, but we will come again!!!!!!!

rcarter1
24-05-2015, 12:08 PM
A single classy striker is one of the reasons we have gone wrong in recent seasons - by covering up a multitude of sins elsewhere. We need a system or players throughout the team that can make and take chances. Very poor effort from us on the team goal scoring front this season.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2015, 12:13 PM
A proper left back, and a better centre half than Paul Hanlon. I know this wont be popular with some, but our defense loses way too many daft goals that we just should not.

Fontaine and Gray are as good as we've had in those positions in a while, we need better partners for them.

Forza Fred
24-05-2015, 12:18 PM
We need a striker who can also MAKE chances for himself, as well as take them.

Unfortunately, what we need may be out of our price range.

Centre Hawf
24-05-2015, 12:20 PM
I think in all honesty we have a cracking prospect in Cummings so maybe someone like Kenny Miller can help teach him in a player/coach role or something. I don't think we actually need to many more additions to this squad for it to walk the championship, especially after a preseason in them all.

liamh2202
24-05-2015, 12:25 PM
I think in all honesty we have a cracking prospect in Cummings so maybe someone like Kenny Miller can help teach him in a player/coach role or something. I don't think we actually need to many more additions to this squad for it to walk the championship, especially after a preseason in them all.

Kenny miller can gtf. Would rather have someone like Steven Thomson or an experienced striker maybe from England looking to get into coaching to bring on the youngsters than that hun roaster

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Kenny miller can gtf. Would rather have someone like Steven Thomson or an experienced striker maybe from England looking to get into coaching to bring on the youngsters than that hun roaster

Benny McCarthy has been at the club, i wonder if he's had any input with Jason? :dunno:

Centre Hawf
24-05-2015, 12:29 PM

I'd rather our strikers don't get impaled due to training ground pranks.

Lmc2105
24-05-2015, 12:45 PM
We need Pace & Width along with a clinical box striker.

ManBearPig
24-05-2015, 12:56 PM
I think we need a striker but Farid is cracking and will finger crossed show this next season. How long is malongas deal?

ManBearPig
24-05-2015, 12:56 PM
We do need pace badly though. Throughout the team.

Lmc2105
24-05-2015, 01:06 PM
I think we need a striker but Farid is cracking and will finger crossed show this next season. How long is malongas deal?

Big pre season for Farid he will be great for us i think. I think we need someone who will poach in the box and get the goals we have had no1 on the end of this season.

Malonga maybe a year left I think.

Juice-Terry
24-05-2015, 01:08 PM
That's why Boyle's injury was such a big blow. We've been lacking pace (with quality) for yonks.

Leith Green
24-05-2015, 01:42 PM

I honestly think Cummings lacks way too much to be a top level striker. The laddie has done well scoring the amount of goals he has at this level.. His touch at times is awful, his hold up and link up play are non existent at times, and he isnt the best at taking a defender on. I dont think he would get anywhere near the return he has this season playing in the top division

bingo70
24-05-2015, 01:46 PM
I honestly think Cummings lacks way too much to be a top level striker. The laddie has done well scoring the amount of goals he has at this level.. His touch at times is awful, his hold up and link up play are non existent at times, and he isnt the best at taking a defender on. I dont think he would get anywhere near the return he has this season playing in the top division

Tend to agree.

I'm actually hoping a club down south puts a decent bid in for him and we replace him for next season.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Tend to agree.

I'm actually hoping a club down south puts a decent bid in for him and we replace him for next season.

I disagree, most of our games have been played with the opposition having 10 men behind the ball. There's virtually no space for the forwards to move into, but he has given us a decent return.

And against the teams that have tried to play on the front foot, huns and herts, he's got quite a good record. Its his first season as a full time pro, he has delivered a good amount and is the division's top scorer.

He is doing a lot right.

stevie-bee
24-05-2015, 01:55 PM
Thought Cummings had his best game for us yesterday, held the ball up good link up with the midfield scored a very good goal and created a couple of chances for himself

truehibernian
24-05-2015, 01:55 PM

I'm all for opinions but are you actually serious with this post ?

The lad was playing juvenile football 2 years ago, had a serious injury as a youth, and in his first full season of pro-football he has outscored every other striker in the league - did you ever watch Leigh play at Livi when he was around the same age ? Exactly the same, raw, quite naive, but knew where the net was. The only think Jason can and will do is improve......especially under the guidance of Alan Stubbs.

I thought he did well yesterday, only criticism was he dropped deep, as did Dom, and when balls were flashed across the box we had no takers - which means for me we need a Carmichael, or a Liam Henderson out on that flank, to let Jason concentrate being where he is most lethal......in the box.

Superb talent who will only improve with age.

bingo70
24-05-2015, 02:06 PM
I disagree, most of our games have been played with the opposition having 10 men behind the ball. There's virtually no space for the forwards to move into, but he has given us a decent return.

And against the teams that have tried to play on the front foot, huns and herts, he's got quite a good record. Its his first season as a full time pro, he has delivered a good amount and is the division's top scorer.

He is doing a lot right.

You're probably right Tbf. I just find him really frustrating as more often than not I'll comment I think he's playing *****, next thing he'll score but again be pretty ***** for most of the game.

I realise scoring is the hardest thing to do on the pitch so I'm probably doing him a disservice but I find it hard to look past how often I think he plays poorly and doesn't score.

Also concerned about how wasteful in front of goal we've been this season, If we go again with malonga and Cummings I can see the same happening next season and I think there's more chance of a bid for him than malonga.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2015, 02:12 PM
You're probably right Tbf. I just find him really frustrating as more often than not I'll comment I think he's playing *****, next thing he'll score but again be pretty ***** for most of the game.

I realise scoring is the hardest thing to do on the pitch so I'm probably doing him a disservice but I find it hard to look past how often I think he plays poorly and doesn't score.

Also concerned about how wasteful in front of goal we've been this season, If we go again with malonga and Cummings I can see the same happening next season and I think there's more chance of a bid for him than malonga.

I know what you are saying, but you do have to remember this is his 1st season as a pro. If he improves, and there's no reason why he shouldnt, we will have a very good goalscorer on our hands.

He is still raw i agree with you on that. :agree:

jaba1875
24-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Matthias Jack junior

Centre Hawf
24-05-2015, 02:19 PM
I know what you are saying, but you do have to remember this is his 1st season as a pro. If he improves, and there's no reason why he shouldnt, we will have a very good goalscorer on our hands.

He is still raw i agree with you on that. :agree:

I think some people need to curb their expectation's a bit. He's a 19 year old laddie who is the top goal scorer in his division in his first full season. I'd say that's as good a scenario for a young striker as you'll find. He can only improve.

Leith Green
24-05-2015, 02:25 PM

The lad was playing juvenile football 2 years ago, had a serious injury as a youth, and in his first full season of pro-football he has outscored every other striker in the league - did you ever watch Leigh play at Livi when he was around the same age ? Exactly the same, raw, quite naive, but knew where the net was. The only think Jason can and will do is improve......especially under the guidance of Alan Stubbs.

I thought he did well yesterday, only criticism was he dropped deep, as did Dom, and when balls were flashed across the box we had no takers - which means for me we need a Carmichael, or a Liam Henderson out on that flank, to let Jason concentrate being where he is most lethal......in the box.

If you honestly think Cummings had a good game yesterday then that actually says a lot about your opinion. He had a poor game yesterday, he scored a good goal but as i said earlier he lacks so many attributes required to become a top striker. His awareness, and hold up play are non existent. And to compare Griffiths to him, even at 18 are ridiculous ad well. Griffiths was a far better player with more to his game at the same age

PiemanP
24-05-2015, 02:29 PM
We need a midfielder who can get amongst the goals and time late runs from midfield. Cummings and Dom, while far from perfect, haven't done too badly this year it's the goals from midfield that have been missing. Late runs from midfield is often the best way to break down teams that sit deep (like most of the championship will do next year). This is the player we all thought Craig would be, and Stanton should have stepped up to that role this season but he now seems well out the picture.

1987kev
24-05-2015, 02:56 PM
new goalie

Gray. Hanlon. Fontaine🙏. New lb that can attack

Hold mid/ fyvie

Boyle/Harris Someone wi pace

Allan/ goal scoring midfeilder

Cummings. Farid

another forward is needed

eastmainsmsh
24-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Stephen dobbie for me I think he would be ideal

Keith_M
24-05-2015, 03:53 PM
As we're going to lose our first pick GK, I would have thought that would be the priority.

Also, there is no denying how many goals we lose from Corners and Crosses, so I'm afraid I agree with BH, that the Full Back position needs to be improved.

Then there's the issue with our lack of pace, width and the low goal contribution of the Midfield (dare I say in comparison to a team like Hearts)

All in all, Stubbs has a lot to concentrate his mind this close season.

SquashedFrogg
24-05-2015, 04:14 PM

Agree with this. We need to take his age into consideration. If he continues to learn and listen to good advice over the next 2-3 seasons he could be a real cracker.

The promising sign is he certainly knows how to score goals. Positioning, link up play etc will come. I would like to see an experienced striker come in and assist with his development. Someone like a Thomson from St Mirren or a McFadden. (Not necessarily those exactly) but a similar type.

What's Brewster doing these days?

Mr White
24-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Agree with this. We need to take his age into consideration. If he continues to learn and listen to good advice over the next 2-3 seasons he could be a real cracker.

The promising sign is he certainly knows how to score goals. Positioning, link up play etc will come. I would like to see an experienced striker come in and assist with his development. Someone like a Thomson from St Mirren or a McFadden. (Not necessarily those exactly) but a similar type.

What's Brewster doing these days?
Farid could be that man. JC has a great knack for drifting away from his marker in the box to create space for himself and has scored a few goals as a direct result of that. If he works on the weaker aspects of his game I think he'll develop into a top striker.

SquashedFrogg
24-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Farid could be that man. JC has a great knack for drifting away from his marker in the box to create space for himself and has scored a few goals as a direct result of that. If he works on the weaker aspects of his game I think he'll develop into a top striker.

Good shout. Hopefully an injury free season would see them strike up a good partnership.

truehibernian
24-05-2015, 04:41 PM
I'd love to see Boyle get a deal, and also two wingers with pace/trickery - I keep mentioning Carmichael because Stubbs, pre-The Rangers v QoS game kept mentioning how he had evolved into an intelligent player and used the ball well........something Stubbs mentions a lot post games (game intelligence, final ball).

Talking of final balls, I think (sadly) that Lewis could be away too, or at least the left back position being a priority. I love the wee guy but I think latterly his weakness of final delivery has convinced some that perhaps a more dynamic left back is required - would be really sad to see him go though.

If we could convince Liam Fontaine to have one more crack at promotion then I think that would be the summer's best signing - and club captain.

I'm already looking forward to next season - bizarrely not concerned about missing out on promotion as it has panned out how I expected - we have been the best footballing side in the league, just fine margins and little bit of bad luck conspired against us at crucial times. But the football is a decent watch, the fans are far more united, and the work behind the scenes has made our club far more professional. We also have a manager who's well thought of, well known in the game, ambitious and the news that players love working for him won't be lost in the goldfish bowl of football - if deals are decent, players will sign.

Hope we get Hearts in the cups too :greengrin:aok:

Hiber-nation
24-05-2015, 04:44 PM
If we could convince Liam Fontaine to have one more crack at promotion then I think that would be the summer's best signing - and club captain.

Assuming Craig goes, why do you think Stubbs would remove the captaincy from David Gray? I'm not fussed either way but I'm just curious.

truehibernian
24-05-2015, 05:07 PM
Assuming Craig goes, why do you think Stubbs would remove the captaincy from David Gray? I'm not fussed either way but I'm just curious.

Not a slight on Gray at all mate, just think Fontaine has absolutely strolled the league and I also think he reads the game well centrally. Gray has been out a few times during the campaign.

The best centre half we have had at the club since Rob Jones - by a distance. Plus, like others, he looks happy at Hibs and footballers play their best football when settled and happy - seems to have a right good rapport with the fans too.

Like others I am really keen to know who Stubbs will sign, and who he can convince to stay on. Maybe there's still too much alcohol in my system but I'm incredibly upbeat about Hibs just now even after losing over the two legs - we were the better team over two games, we were the better team in the semi final - hopefully the players under Stubbs embrace how close they were and how bad that feeling is, and it makes them stronger and even more ready for the pre-season and season ahead.

The fine margins this season were unreal - we were a penalty kick away from putting out a full strength Dundee Utd after 120 minutes, we hit the woodwork twice v Falkirk and ricochets fell unkindly from shots and crosses, injuries last game of the season to a settled winning side.......and remember after 6 games IIRC we were second bottom and yet finished second top.

Stubbs has reiterated his budget is the same as last season - Motherwell (possibly) and St Mirren will be crippled financially as they do not have the fanbase and I cannot see their boards maintaining SPL budgets - and their fans are really dejected. If we get of to a really strong start, build a lead first 10 games, then we could win this league quite convincingly. :agree:

Hiber-nation
24-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Cheers. I'm as upbeat as you and I've only had 4 drinks since the game finished!

CockneyRebel
24-05-2015, 07:47 PM

My Palace pals tell me that he was running on empty last season before being loaned out (and he'll be another year older for next season). He hasn't had much playing time in any decent league since leaving Scotland and has been moved on frequently. Even though the Championship is no great shakes I don't think he's the answer.

Cod Boy
24-05-2015, 08:19 PM
My Palace pals tell me that he was running on empty last season before being loaned out (and he'll be another year older for next season). He hasn't had much playing time in any decent league since leaving Scotland and has been moved on frequently. Even though the Championship is no great shakes I don't think he's the answer.

He didnt do much at Fleetwood last season.

bigwheel
24-05-2015, 08:29 PM

Would be a superb signing ....

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Those folk I know who watch Fleetwood tell me he's not been up to much this season.

Shrekko
24-05-2015, 08:35 PM

He is doing a lot right.

Exactly! 4 against Rangers, 2 against Hearts, and 1 against United in the cup. Not too shabby.

Really wish folk would remind themselves that he's 19 and scored more goals that 30 odd other strikers in our division including some damn good ones.

He has a lot he can improve on, like every young player, but he already has something that some strikers never have!

green day
24-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Exactly! 4 against Rangers, 2 against Hearts, and 1 against United in the cup. Not too shabby.

Really wish folk would remind themselves that he's 19 and scored more goals that 30 odd other strikers in our division including some damn good ones.

He has a lot he can improve on, like every young player, but he already has something that some strikers never have!

Agreed.

Our strikers have pitched in with a lot of goals.

IMO, what we are missing a midfielder or two that also score a hatful.

No Jambo's near the goals return of our strikers, but their midfield did the needful, hence in games where Sow and the rest didn't score, they had others to pitch in.

We can't rely solely on Dom and JC next season.

Mikey09
24-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Wee Danny Swanson please...
He will defiantly get goals from midfield.

Spike Mandela
24-05-2015, 11:10 PM
A ****ing priest to exorcise our ground!

:greengrin it's worth a try. We certainly are one of the unluckiest teams around and the fans have had more kicks in the gonads than most.

Holmesdale Hibs
24-05-2015, 11:16 PM
I'm quite surprised anyone can look at the current team and think Cummings is the first player we should replace. I'd ditch Malonga and DjeDje well ahead of him. Maybe a more experienced striker to help develop his game, but he's our top goal scorer in his first full season so don't see why we'd get rid.

I'd say a new centre half, goalkeeper (if Oxley leaves, otherwise I'm happy with him) and a decent winger. The current isn't too far off and would have win the championship most seasons.

Unseen work
25-05-2015, 12:19 PM
I have a feeling we will get goodwillie on a loan.

Think Cummings will be offski

hibbycraig
25-05-2015, 12:24 PM
We need a player who can score direct from free kicks. The amount of times we float the ball in the box from 20 yards out is unreal.