PDA

View Full Version : Farid

yogi_campfire
23-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Anyone know if he's carrying an injury or something? Could do with his aerial presence

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Thought he done well when he came on... If we keep them I'd like to see him and Jason up front with dom just off them

JJP
23-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Keep him fit and he will tear the league apart next season.

stevie-bee
23-05-2015, 01:36 PM
I think big Dom will be away

liamh2202
23-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Feel good factor around a club is sometimes underrated.. Hopefully if the players are enjoying the place we have a chance of keeping them for at least a year.

tamig
23-05-2015, 02:29 PM
I think big Dom will be away

Why?

Wheat Hound
23-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Won everything in the air again today and also got right in the faces of The huns centre halves, albeit McCulloch typically conned the ref into booking Farid. He'll be a big player fir us next season.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Was impressed when he came on today. Won everything in the air and made Zaluiukas and Mc****och very uncomfortable. He was superb at making the ball stick as well, something Cummings needs to learn.

Looking forward to having him fit all season.

gegs70
23-05-2015, 06:09 PM
I think we could improve on dje dje and malonga.

dmc1875
23-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Malonga scores goals his record proves this lets not start writing him off.

Farid put himself about when he came on

MWHIBBIES
23-05-2015, 06:47 PM
I think we could improve on dje dje and malonga.Not while we are in this division, both are easily good enough for it and the current Hibs team.

Smartie
23-05-2015, 06:55 PM
His injury cost us big time this season.

He could be our main man next year.

I thought he was class when he came on.

jacomo
23-05-2015, 09:32 PM
His injury cost us big time this season.

He could be our main man next year.

I thought he was class when he came on.

Agree with all that. A proper No.9 not always a priority for Hibs but having someone who can hold it up makes a big difference.

His injury cost us heavily this season.

truehibernian
23-05-2015, 09:46 PM
What disappointed me was having 4 strikers on the pitch and all wanted to stay wide, or drop deep - Hearts scored two in 10 minutes by playing long ball - why we didn't think to just say to Dje Dje and Farid, stay in that box and fight for balls incoming I don't know. I ain't a fan on route one, but last 20 minutes it was the way to go - especially with McCulloch in there.

Farid looks a little off the pace for me still - good rest, good pre-season, and he'll be back to his best. Good spring on him today have to say.

Can't wait for next season :aok:

Andy74
23-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Only worry for me with Farid is we often get tempted to knock it up to him and forget to play. Hopefully we work on getting it wide and getting him in the box instead if hitting him early.

I think we play better as a team when Malonga is the focal point.

overdrive
23-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Only worry for me with Farid is we often get tempted to knock it up to him and forget to play. Hopefully we work on getting it wide and getting him in the box instead if hitting him early.

I think we play better as a team when Malonga is the focal point.

I agree. We kind of resort to a 'lump it and hope for the best' with El Alagui. I rate Dja Djédjé. He offers something different to our other strikers (if you assume Boyle isn't a striker as such) - pace. He's also almost as good as Farid in the air too

Super Leigh
23-05-2015, 11:22 PM
To be honest he offers little for me. Malonga and Cummings are far superior technically. He's only really useful when you're throwing caution to the wind and lumping balls up the park, i.e today.

Not my type of player; he just makes everything a physical battle. We can do better.

S4uzee
23-05-2015, 11:23 PM
I agree. We kind of resort to a 'lump it and hope for the best' with El Alagui. I rate Dja Djédjé. He offers something different to our other strikers (if you assume Boyle isn't a striker as such) - pace. He's also almost as good as Farid in the air too

I agree. I'm surprised DjeDje never got more game time this season