Hibbyradge
23-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Seriously

bingo70
23-05-2015, 11:53 AM
They're not allowed to be on front of the advertising boards apparently

wookie70
23-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Counted 13 ball boys going in at half time. They need a wee bit of tutoring.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2015, 12:03 PM
They are stuck behind the advertising boards and most of them are too small to reach over.

Sir David Gray
23-05-2015, 12:05 PM
For some reason, they sit between the electronic advertising boards and the wooden advertising boards in front of the east stand. I've seen this before earlier in the season. The chances that the ball will end up in between such a small gap are very slim.

Complete waste of time having them over at the east stand if they're not allowed to sit in front of the electronic boards.

GlasgowHibee
23-05-2015, 01:25 PM
For some reason, they sit between the electronic advertising boards and the wooden advertising boards in front of the east stand. I've seen this before earlier in the season. The chances that the ball will end up in between such a small gap are very slim.

Complete waste of time having them over at the east stand if they're not allowed to sit in front of the electronic boards.

Surely a complete waste of time having them in front of the advertising boards if they're going to block the sponsors messages? Which surely earns us some money. After today, the ballboys sitting behind the advertising boards is surely the least of our concerns. :confused:

HappyHanlon
23-05-2015, 02:12 PM
Utterly shambolic that ball boys were stuck behind the advertising boards for "tv purposes"

Sir David Gray
23-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Surely a complete waste of time having them in front of the advertising boards if they're going to block the sponsors messages? Which surely earns us some money. After today, the ballboys sitting behind the advertising boards is surely the least of our concerns. :confused:

Where do you think ball boys/girls normally sit at most grounds? :confused:

And I hardly think that a 10 year old child is going to completely block out a sponsor's advert.

Green Man
23-05-2015, 03:53 PM
The thing that surprised me was that we didn't have more than one ball available. The ball boys who were there should have been ready to throw on another ball when one went into the stand.

GlasgowHibee
23-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Where do you think ball boys/girls normally sit at most grounds? :confused:

And I hardly think that a 10 year old child is going to completely block out a sponsor's advert.

Certainly not in front of those advertising hoardings. Theyve not sat in front of them all season, why does it matter now? are they the reason we didn't progress.

Sir David Gray
23-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Certainly not in front of those advertising hoardings. Theyve not sat in front of them all season, why does it matter now? are they the reason we didn't progress.

At no point have I even suggested that. :confused:

I just don't see the point in putting ball boys/girls in between a gap of a couple of feet between two sets of advertising boards when the ball is unlikely to end up in there very often.

Shrekko
23-05-2015, 07:05 PM
We must have the only ball boys in world football who seem to be encouraged not to go anywhere near the ball. I thought it may have been different this week seeing as we were likely to be seeing a lot of time wasting on the park. The Hun ball boys seemed able to do what you'd expect of them on Wednesday despite advertising hoardings.

Fergos
23-05-2015, 08:09 PM
I saw one wee one dean a nash right into the front sevco inc fans, 2nd half, to get the ball back on Hibs throw.

Well done young one, proper. Get him signed.

GGTTH.

Iggy Pope
24-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Seriously, the situation with our BallBoys has pissed me off all season.
More often than not, sides have come to ER to sit in, spoil and waste time. What do we do to counteract this? Strategic ball boys? No. multi-balls? No.
We let all the young kids at the front of the FF fight over each other to get the ball back, while the tempo is strangled out of the game.

If anyone from the club is screening this - get the U-17s or Hibs girls into their track suits and all around the ground next season and seek sponsorship if necessary. I'll kick off a fundraiser with £50 right now if necessary. PM me.
What we do just now isn't professional.

hibee316
24-05-2015, 10:54 AM
I don't think you are allowed multi - balls I this league.

Bobby's Cinema
24-05-2015, 10:56 AM
More often than not, sides have come to ER to sit in, spoil and waste time. What do we do to counteract this? Strategic ball boys? No. multi-balls? No.
We let all the young kids at the front of the FF fight over each other to get the ball back, while the tempo is strangled out of the game.

If anyone from the club is screening this - get the U-17s or Hibs girls into their track suits and all around the ground next season and seek sponsorship if necessary. I'll kick off a fundraiser with £50 right now if necessary. PM me.
:agree: These things would certainly have benefited us yesterday

Alex Trager
24-05-2015, 10:56 AM
I saw one wee one dean a nash right into the front sevco inc fans, 2nd half, to get the ball back on Hibs throw.

Well done young one, proper. Get him signed.

GGTTH.

Seen that too.
He was not giving two ****s about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overdrive
24-05-2015, 11:06 AM

Yep. My dad and I have been saying this all season. Get players from one of the youth teams to do it. The current setup with the ball boys and girls isn't ideal - I think they're too young for a start.

liamh2202
24-05-2015, 12:05 PM

We used to be ball boys at under 15s then at under 17s we done happy Hibby

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2015, 12:28 PM

Bang on.

We should be getting the ball back to our players sharpish to keep the tempo up and also to keep them from expending any unecessary mental of physical energy - however small - fetching it.

This kind of seemingly minor thing is what Dave Brailesford includes in his "aggregation of marginal gains" approach and it's a major part of what he used to revolutionise cycling in the UK.

Hibs players should never have to be concerned with getting the ball back at Easter Road.

Andy74
24-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Whilst we are at it, why do the ones at Ibrox stride around like caged tigers?

s.a.m
24-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Whilst we are at it, why do the ones at Ibrox stride around like caged tigers?

:greengrin

Big_Franck
24-05-2015, 02:47 PM

Totally agree. We allow teams an extra 10-20 seconds rest and allow them to waste time on multiple occasions at almost every home game. We need to try to get any small advantage that we can and this change wouldn't cost us much, if anything at all.

It's obviously not the reason we lost, but the current setup cetainly benefits away teams trying to waste time.

Onion
24-05-2015, 03:52 PM

:agree: Maybe one of the supporters Directors could raise this at the next Board meeting ? How often have you watched Euro matches where the team losing going into the second leg arrange for extra ball boys and multi balls ? Happens all the time. But Hibs did not have the foresight to deal with this !!

The other thing I noticed was how from the very first minute the referee deliberately looked away, appeared distracted or was speaking to players while the Hun keeper took an age and day to get the ball back into play. It was as if the ref knew full well that the Huns would use time-wasting tactics and had his own strategy to avoid picking them up for it. Who knows what an extra 4 or 5 minutes might have done for us ?