PDA

View Full Version : 12pm Kick Off theory.

Spike Mandela
22-05-2015, 04:50 PM
I know I am paranoid and conspiracy theories can usually be easily discounted butI have deep misgivings about KO time for Saturdays match.

For me football teams best and most passionate performances tend to not happen at ridiculously early kick offs. Best crowds and games tend to be big evening games or late afternoon kick offs.

Is it any coincidence that the only play off game guaranteed to be at ER is the only game scheduled for the ridiculous time of 12pm?

weecounty hibby
22-05-2015, 04:58 PM
I know I am paranoid and conspiracy theories can usually be easily discounted butI have deep misgivings about KO time for Saturdays match.

For me football teams best and most passionate performances tend to not happen at ridiculously early kick offs. Best crowds and games tend to be big evening games or late afternoon kick offs.

Is it any coincidence that the only play off game guaranteed to be at ER is the only game scheduled for the ridiculous time of 12pm?
Elvis is alive, Marilyn was killed by the Kennedys and Jim Morrison was killed by the CIA, the moon landings were filmed in Hollywood and you once bought a round. All stories that cannot be proved!!😁 By the way what time is the bus tomorrow?

Spike Mandela
22-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Elvis is alive, Marilyn was killed by the Kennedys and Jim Morrison was killed by the CIA, the moon landings were filmed in Hollywood and you once bought a round. All stories that cannot be proved!! By the way what time is the bus tomorrow?

Ha ha I know.

I just think at this time you tend to get an insipid performance more often than not and the crowd tends to be more subdued and smaller.We need a barnstorming performance from Hibs tomorrow and I would be more confident of getting that with an evening Kick off.

Bus leaves at 10am and despite your conspiracy theories you are still first on the bell.

SunshineOnLeith
22-05-2015, 05:30 PM
When the kick off time was decided it was likely that Rangers would finish second and get the home advantage in the second leg.

I agree that the atmosphere generally suffers for it but to suggest there's anything sinister behind it (other than the SPFL's general incompetence at fixture scheduling) is just stupid.

tamig
22-05-2015, 05:50 PM
It's to be a gorgeous day tomorrow. The hun will wilt in the heat of the mid-day sun. This is where the Spanish trip comes into it's own. Keep the faith :-)

Spike Mandela
22-05-2015, 05:54 PM
When the kick off time was decided it was likely that Rangers would finish second and get the home advantage in the second leg.

I agree that the atmosphere generally suffers for it but to suggest there's anything sinister behind it (other than the SPFL's general incompetence at fixture scheduling) is just stupid.

I accept it probably is stupid but two other weekend fixtures are 17.30 and 15.00.

Hibs were in 2nd spot when fixtures were announced and Hibs were very vocal and clearly got under Doncaster's skin with issue of final day fixture scheduling.

Bobby's Cinema
22-05-2015, 05:56 PM
It's to be a gorgeous day tomorrow. The hun will wilt in the heat of the mid-day sun. This is where the Spanish trip comes into it's own. Keep the faith :-)
:hilarious I hope you're right

Just_Jimmy
22-05-2015, 05:59 PM
We pumped them already in the early kick of this season.

Broken Gnome
22-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Hedged their bets it would be Hibs-Rangers and police want everyone sober and that lot back to Glasgow ASAP.

Diclonius
22-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Elvis is alive, Marilyn was killed by the Kennedys and Jim Morrison was killed by the CIA, the moon landings were filmed in Hollywood and you once bought a round. All stories that cannot be proved!! By the way what time is the bus tomorrow?

http://i.imgur.com/qqeQr2X.png

:greengrin