PDA

View Full Version : Referee tomorrow

muthillhibee
22-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Ref for tomorrow is John Beaton

Wonder how many times he will get in the way of a Hibs attack during this game!

HappyHanlon
22-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Ref for tomorrow is John Beaton

Wonder how many times he will get in the way of a Hibs attack during this game!

Ah...him!

Maybe the headbutt he got in the middle east has taught him to get out the way?

GreenLake
22-05-2015, 11:38 AM
He will let them kill our rhythm of play and add the odd block himself if needed.

JimBHibees
22-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Given the last game at ER it might be useful to guess the number of fouls a Rangers player would be able to commit before a booking?

I am going with 5.

Collum's final, final, final warning of Moshni was hysteriical. :greengrin

dangermouse
22-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Talking of refs, Callum Murray showed his true colours on Wednesday night. He has gone from being a top ref to a sad SFA puppet and a slimy Jambo to boot.

Canon Hannan
22-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Talking of refs, Callum Murray showed his true colours on Wednesday night. He has gone from being a top ref to a sad SFA puppet and a slimy Jambo to boot.

Who was he assistant ref that missed Kenny Millers offside?

Smartie
22-05-2015, 02:56 PM

I didn't think he was that bad.

The linesman got a very marginal offside wrong for their second goal, the type of decision that it is easy to get wrong.

We didn't lose because of the ref - slackness in defence, a poor final ball and some poor finishing were the reasons we lost the other night and I'd settle for a refereeing performance like Wednesday's right now.

If you thought that was bad, you should see what they are actually capable of.

I really want us to be putting a lot of pressure on the ref. The crowd needs to be noisy, we need our players to be in his face, we need to be falling down in the box all over the place. I don't care about sportsmanship, we need to win this tie by fair means or foul.

But it is us that needs to be asking questions of the ref, not them.

Super Leigh
22-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Beaton is a dreadful referee.

His foresight is terrible and it often leads to him blowing up for a freekick when the game could perfectly well have continued with an advantage.

Then there is his inconsistency. I've seen him flash yellows like there's no tomorrow and then in the same game he will continue to ignore and not speak to players who have committed 3/4 fouls.