PDA

View Full Version : How will the teams set up tomorrow?

CallumLaidlaw
22-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Lots of questions about how the teams will approach the game tomorrow. Will we go gung ho from the kick off? will Rangers sit in and time waste from the get go - and hope to hit us on the counter. Personally, if I was McCall, I'd be looking for that 3rd goal to kill the game off, rather than relying on not conceding - look how that worked for us last year.

I personally think both teams will set up 3-5-2 tomorrow. I think rangers may go with Miller up top and Vuckic just off him, so they are almost a 3-6-1 or a 4-5-1. I think they'll be looking to keep it fairly tight and look to hit us on the counter. Thankfully ER isnt as wide a pitch as Ibrox, but I still expect their full back to hug the touchline when they have the ball and we need to be better at dealing with that. I noticed Shane Ferguson was on the bench on Wednesday, so I wouldnt be surprised if he came off the bench tomorrow to give them an out ball later in the game as he's pacy.

I don't think we will go too gung ho to start with. I think we'll just go about things as normal in the first half, and even if its 0-0 at half time it means we are still in the game in the 2nd half, they will have more tired legs and we will start to press more. I'd like to see Farid start so we have a target in the box, and maybe McGeoch for Robbo. We didnt have many defensive midfielders on the park against Hearts recently and we coped just fine.

Looking forward to it now tho!! :flag::flag:

Gus
22-05-2015, 10:45 AM
McCall to adopt Levein tactics of 4-6-0

Hibstrooper
22-05-2015, 11:32 AM
You just have to look at the second half of the game on Wednesday and then look at numerous examples of teams coming to Easter Road this season. We struggle to create opportunities when teams sit in. Despite what McCall says in the press, I expect them to sit deep for the majority of the game and just pack out their half.

Mr Grieves
22-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Mccall has sussed our 4-4-2 diamond, they'll play a 5-3-2 allowing Wallace to bomb forward. I think we need to mix it up a bit. Maybe play a 4-3-3, with Allan and Malonga on the wings, forcing the rangers wing backs to focus on defending.

Hibby Kay-Yay
22-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Oxley

Dunsmore Fontaine Hanlon

Gray Fyvie Allan McGeoch Stevenson

Cummings Malonga

I'd risk Dunsmore at the back as I think we need to go 352 to have any chance in this game. It's a risk dropping Robertson and I don't think Stubbs will do this but again we need more creativity in the team.

Stick with Cummings as after all, he is the leagues top scorer and performs well at home.

woodythehibee
22-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Oxley

Dunsmore Fontaine Hanlon

Gray Fyvie Allan McGeoch Stevenson

Cummings Malonga

I'd risk Dunsmore at the back as I think we need to go 352 to have any chance in this game. It's a risk dropping Robertson and I don't think Stubbs will do this but again we need more creativity in the team.

Stick with Cummings as after all, he is the leagues top scorer and performs well at home.

Dunsmore is a risk as he's never played for the first team. Also, he isn't a centre half so would be bizzare playing him there, on his debut, in such an important match.

Brightside
22-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Mccall has sussed our 4-4-2 diamond, they'll play a 5-3-2 allowing Wallace to bomb forward. I think we need to mix it up a bit. Maybe play a 4-3-3, with Allan and Malonga on the wings, forcing the rangers wing backs to focus on defending.

You know he set up exactly the same as us at Ibrox? 442 diamond. We won the midfield. So not exactly sure how he has sussed us? If we had a fit Forster or Watson id expect us to change to 352....but i dont think we have the players.

SeanWilson
22-05-2015, 01:56 PM

Allan on the wing? He looks like he's running in water half the time! He needs to be wandering around he middle. Without Boyle in the team, the only option is Gray and Stevenson as runners.

Mr Grieves
22-05-2015, 04:34 PM
He struggled in the middle on wed due to rangers pressing. I would stick him on the left to cut inside and run at their defence

SunshineOnLeith
22-05-2015, 04:48 PM
McCall's Motherwell teams absolutely perfected playing Hibs at Easter Rd. Sit in for the first 15-20 mins, wait for the fans to get angsty and the players to get tense, then hit us on the break. Expect he'll try the same tomorrow.

As for us, we don't need to go gung ho but if we don't start at a high tempo with positive intent, it won't be long before the en masse groans and shouts of 'get it forward FFS!' begin. Hope Mcgeough starts just for his movement, can see it unsettling Rangers' back 4 and creating space for others.

HappyHanlon
22-05-2015, 06:05 PM

Djedje on the wing for me. Can cross a ball as well.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2015, 06:10 PM
I'd be tempted to try and bring someone in to bridge the gap between the midfield and the forwards. On Wednesday Malonga was constantly playing 40 yards away from the Rangers goal as he was having to drop so deep to get the ball. If we could get someone to fill that gap it might allow him to stay in more dangerous positions.

Danny Handling?

emerald green
22-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Hibs must at all costs avoid getting caught cold at the start of the match. I suspect McCall might set them up to go for an early goal to kill the tie.

Also, Martin Boyle's injury couldn't have come at a worse time. I think he could have been crucial in opening them up and creating space for others with his pace.

JimBHibees
23-05-2015, 08:12 AM
Not sure there will be much change as we played well on Wednesday.

IanM
23-05-2015, 08:20 AM
Djedje on the wing for me. Can cross a ball as well.

This. Convinced Frank has a few match winners up his sleeves, just needs a chance today

Sylar
23-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Think it'll be the same lineup as Wednesday night. Aside from not putting the ball in the net, we played some good football and got into some good positions. Some more clinical finishing from Cummings and Malonga and we might have been much closer than -2.

They'll set up a 4-5-1 with Miller playing alone up top and McCulloch coming back into the team to give them some physicality.