PDA

View Full Version : Ross Bandstand Gigs

Frazerbob
21-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Going to see James in Princes Street Gardens during the festival. Never been to a gig there before. Can anyone advise, is general admission to the enclosure or do you need to get there early for a wrist band or something? Also, is there bevvy on sale?

adhibs
22-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Went to see primal scream a few years ago and you had to have an enclosure ticket to gain entry. they weren't much more expensive than the general entry one. Couple bars as well from what I can remember.

I was unsure what to expect from it as a venue but was impressed

Frazerbob
22-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Went to see primal scream a few years ago and you had to have an enclosure ticket to gain entry. they weren't much more expensive than the general entry one. Couple bars as well from what I can remember.

I was unsure what to expect from it as a venue but was impressed

Thanks, there was only one type of ticket available for James.

BarneyBreslin
23-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Thanks, there was only one type of ticket available for James.
Same for Franz Ferdinand a few years back. They handed out wristbands first come first served. And there was bevvy on sale.

matty_f
24-05-2015, 04:46 PM
I'm going to the James gig as well, can't wait for it, they are a fantastic live band.

bod
25-05-2015, 04:41 PM
attending the james songfest aswell

Carheenlea
25-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Going to see James in Princes Street Gardens during the festival. Never been to a gig there before. Can anyone advise, is general admission to the enclosure or do you need to get there early for a wrist band or something? Also, is there bevvy on sale?

I saw Orbital play there in the late 90`s, but honestly can`t remember much about what your asking, but what I do know it was absolutely magnificent. A balmy August evening when the closing tracks of the show were shared with the Tattoo fireworks being launched from the castle - a memorable night.