PDA

View Full Version : A Message to ALL the Players Its all about Belief

Wellbankhibby
21-05-2015, 02:14 PM
A short message to all the players, Saturdays game is ALL ABOUT BELIEF. last night we had them under pressure especially first half 13 corners to their 1. At ER we have already beaten them 4.0. Saturdays game is all about belief and putting them under pressure. Even one goal before the 75th Minute will panic them. Disappointed with last nights result but we are only half way. Come on Lads you can do this. GGTTH. :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
21-05-2015, 02:19 PM
A short message to all the players, Saturdays game is ALL ABOUT BELIEF. last night we had them under pressure especially first half 13 corners to their 1. At ER we have already beaten them 4.0. Saturdays game is all about belief and putting them under pressure. Even one goal before the 75th Minute will panic them. Disappointed with last nights result but we are only half way. Come on Lads you can do this. GGTTH. :thumbsup:

This :agree:

Mr White
21-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Worthy sentiment but the corner stats don't mean very much imo. IIRC we had no corners at all when we beat them 4 nil in december while they had 10.

SeanWilson
21-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Worthy sentiment but the corner stats don't mean very much imo. IIRC we had no corners at all when we beat them 4 nil in december while they had 10.

I think what it means is we clearly attacked them a hell of a lot more than they did us... Doesn't help we're useless at converting them to shots on goal... :rolleyes:

Mr White
21-05-2015, 02:27 PM
I think what it means is we clearly attacked them a hell of a lot more than they did us... Doesn't help we're useless at converting them to shots on goal... :rolleyes:

I get that but I don't think it's that simple. They had more shots than us and more possession according to the bbc. Do the corner stats from the December game suggest they attacked us a hell of a lot more than we did them?

CallumLaidlaw
21-05-2015, 02:29 PM
I get that. However, they had more shots than us and more possession according to the bbc. Do the corner stats from the December game suggest they attacked us a hell of a lot more than we did them?

They had more shots "on target". We had more shots.

Wellbankhibby
21-05-2015, 02:30 PM

I accept what you say but it does show we were on the attack in their back yard and yes we didnt score but I do honestly feel we are not a confident side. A goal at ER will lift the team believe me and hopefully the confidence will grow. If we get the first goal watch them crumble.

SeanWilson
21-05-2015, 02:33 PM
I get that but I don't think it's that simple. They had more shots than us and more possession according to the bbc. Do the corner stats from the December game suggest they attacked us a hell of a lot more than we did them?

I'm not sure, i'm not overly big on stats... and certainly not suggesting its that simple...

I would presume, however, that a hugely one sided corner stat is probably quite closely related to us having the ball in or around an area of the pitch, which would be seen as dangerous attacking...

Mr White
21-05-2015, 02:35 PM
They had more shots "on target". We had more shots.

My mistake. I do think corner stats can be a bit misleading as these 2 games have shown. Anyway, apologies to the op for getting sidetracked on a minor point. Hoping to see us get stuck into them from the first whistle till last. A bit of composure in the box and we can turn it around.

Wellbankhibby
21-05-2015, 02:38 PM
My mistake. I do think corner stats can be a bit misleading as these 2 games have shown. Anyway, apologies to the op for getting sidetracked on a minor point. Hoping to see us get stuck into them from the first whistle till last. A bit of composure in the box and we can turn it around.

Well said lets all stick together last night was a bad day at the office but Saturday is another Day we NEVER make it easy for ourselves but we will always be HIBERNIAN FC. :flag: