PDA

View Full Version : If you doubt that we can do it or if you don't believe we will...

Northernhibee
21-05-2015, 11:47 AM
...we have to let yesterday go and be 100% positive for Saturday.

We can't dwell on last nights result. It wasn't ideal but we seriously can't let ourselves dwell on the past. The next three days we need to be totally behind the team and let them know that we believe that they have the ability and that they will turn it around. We can't go starting threads on who we'd drop, or how this player or that player didn't do well - the team will know that themselves. The team can't go out onto the pitch on Saturday thinking about Wednesday, they have to be thinking about how they are going to ensure that we go through.

What we can do is show our support and belief in each individual to make a difference and get us through to the tie against Motherwell. Messages of support on here, e-mailed to the club, passed to players on social media - let's show them that we 100% believe in them and have them walking out on Saturday feeling ten feet tall and ready to take on the world. Let's make the most noise we've ever made at ER to
welcome them onto the pitch and keep it up and really knock the Sevco players off their game.

For the first time in years we have a team that deserve it. Think back to where we were last summer, and think the enjoyment this team have given us. Think about starting the season with Oxley's goal, think about taking on Dundee United who were one of the very best teams in Scotland at the time and giving them the best game they've had all season. Think about that first game at Ibrox with Jason's "touch of an angel" and Moshni having a go at his own fans at HT, think about Malongas screamer against Dumbarton or the "tiki-taka" goal against the same team. Think about beating Sevco 4-0 at ER and humiliating Ian Black in the process. Think abot Farid's goal against that lot at ER to round off an emphatic win against the champions. Think about Lewis Stevenson volleying the ball and winning us the game at Ibrox. Think about how Butcher used to talk about our club, then think about how Stubbsy talks about our club.

This team have given us our pride back, they deserve all of our efforts to lift them through. This is half time, this is the same that Hamilton were feeling last season and now we're in the same position.

I know some people will say "Aye, but this is a message board for discussions" but we only need three days of forgetting the fantasy football manager chat and over analysing things. This isn't me having a pop at our support as we've been great so far in this process, we just need to lift our game as a support higher than ever before to ensure that the team on the pitch are prepared to do the same on Saturday. I work in a sales environment and have taken a holiday and given up three sales appointments worth potentially about £300 to travel down and back on Saturday, it'll be well worth it if we pull our team through this.

It's all or nothing - let's have nothing but positivity to pass on to our team in the next few days and we can still ****ing do this.

God Petrie
21-05-2015, 11:48 AM
We did it against AEK and we can do it against these mugs

legends of 73
21-05-2015, 11:49 AM
100% agree

Glesgahibby
21-05-2015, 12:35 PM
:thumbsup::gwa::thumbsup:
Cant rollover now,this game defines the whole season!!
there is no way the players will not be up for this!!!
Get in there and scrap for everything and show no fear!!!
High tempo right from the start and knock the wind right oot them!!

Pretty Boy
21-05-2015, 12:38 PM
Tbh I think it's a big ask and deep down I don't think we will do it.

That won't stop me being there backing the team 100% as usual though. I've missed 6 games this season and I hope to miss even less next year, through thick and thin.

:flag:

nellio
21-05-2015, 12:38 PM
GOod points raised, and as supporters we have to do out bit to turn up in numbers and get behind the team in a positive manner.

Smartie
21-05-2015, 12:45 PM
I wonder if Dino Zoff or anyone at Napoli thinks we're able to do it?

GreenCastle
21-05-2015, 12:52 PM
Good post.

You can sit at home - watch on TV / vent on messageboards or you may be able to go to ER on Saturday and provide some noise and encouragement which will give them a lift to do the task required.

I don't want to see our season end on Saturday.

Play your part and get along to ER !

mim
21-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Just been through to the Leith San Siro for my ticket.
On the bus back to Kirkcaldy now.
Bring it on :flag:

NAE NOOKIE
21-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Great post ..... The way its going it doesn't look like there will be any more than 13,000 Hibs fans in Easter Road on Saturday, but that's enough to make a real noise, if the team can come out all guns blazing and play as if their lives depend upon it the crowd will respond ... get the first goal and the place will go mental.

C'mon .... we can do this FFS

:flag:

RIP
21-05-2015, 03:03 PM
Regardless of the result we should go along to thank the team and manager for a good season. Like night and day over the Butcher era. If it is our last game for a few months let us go out in style - singing our heids aff for the boys in green

GGTTH

SlickShoes
21-05-2015, 03:12 PM
I don't think realistically that we will win the tie.

That doesn't mean that we can't and it doesn't mean I won't be at the game supporting the team as best I can.

As long as the players believe that's what matters. We need to get the first goal, if we don't and the heads go down then it's a lost cause. If we can put pressure on rangers they will panic, their defence is utter mince and the fact we couldnt create a decent effort on goal last night is so disappointing.

Smartie
21-05-2015, 03:20 PM
I remember reading a great article with George Graham talking about taking Arsenal to Anfield needing a 2-0 win to win the league on the last day of the season.

He was happy to go in at half-time at 0-0. What was most important was that they were still alive in the tie. They scored their first at the start of the second half then their second right at the death. Fine margins but they made it.

It must have taken nerves of steel and that's what we'll need. Obviously we'd prefer to be 2-0 up ourselves but that wasn't to be. We need to be clear, focussed and positive and not give up if things aren't going our way too early.

We can absolutely do this.

Broken Gnome
21-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Demanding an early goal won't help either. All Hibs need to do is have the crowd with them at the start of the second half before going for it - doesn't matter if it's 1-0, 2-0, 0-0 or 1-1 at that stage. Rangers are as likely to throw it away being pegged back to one goal ahead in the 80th minute as they are the first minute. No one knows the effect a Hibs goal at anytime, within reason, could have on them.

If Hibs LOOK like scoring and the crowd are onside and patient, that will do for the first part of the afternoon.

Steve20
21-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Regardless of the result we should go along to thank the team and manager for a good season. Like night and day over the Butcher era. If it is our last game for a few months let us go out in style - singing our heids aff for the boys in green

GGTTH

We should go along to try and get behind the team to hopefully a great win. However, I'm sorry, but if we fail to go up it can not be classed as a good season. We'd have failed in our aim.

But we will win 4-1

RoYO!
21-05-2015, 04:22 PM
We will have more or less every scottish football fan willing us on to do it. We have swept them aside so many times in recent years, including this season. That's the mind set we need and we can do it.

That said,

Next goal the winner? :)

Waxy
21-05-2015, 04:25 PM
We can do it.
I guess Farid might start alongside malonga.Change to the tactics at corner kicks maybe?
Short corners will keep possesion and result in a handful of extra attacks.
Sure everyone has their own idea but we must give ourselves maximum chance.
We get the first goal and they'll get a bit wobbly.

matty_f
21-05-2015, 04:27 PM

GGTTH

Good point. The players have put everything into this season and deserve some recognition.

pontius pilate
21-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Turn E.R into a fortress with a cacophony of noise. It's halftime in this tie and I firmly believe we will and can do this. We are the fitter and better footballing side a goal in the first 25 mins will set us up nicely or two in the last 10 for extra time

Bostonhibby
21-05-2015, 05:51 PM
Limit the the huns to 950 fans and get a few shots in early and on target. They are nothing special and don't defend well even with six across the back. Hibs to win in extra time

emerald green
21-05-2015, 05:53 PM
We will have more or less every scottish football fan willing us on to do it.

Most football fans will want Hibs to get through the tie, but not every one. Namely, a certain percentage / element of Hearts supporters who would prefer The Rangers over Hibs.

Just have a look at what some of them post on the EEN, day after day, on everything associated with Hibs.

Bostonhibby
21-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Most football fans will want Hibs to get through the tie, but not every one. Namely, a certain percentage / element of Hearts supporters who would prefer The Rangers over Hibs.

Just have a look at what some of them post on the EEN, day after day, on everything associated with Hibs.
Was with a yam in a bar in Spain last night who told me he didn't want the rangers up because the yam had now split the uglies only to be overheard ingratiating himself with der hun saying he wanted them to win. Strange wee man.
Other gems included an 850k trading profit this season, £1.5m already repaid to budgie, and they do indeed have a special relationship with the cup. Apparently every time they say they are taking it seriously and go for it they win it! 2 years time apparently as top six is next season's aim.

He gives them a tenner a month and hibs have copied that as well. We Also need to spend and think big like hearts.

Even now I regret not smacking that wee bloated pink face[emoji6]

davehiby
21-05-2015, 06:08 PM
i think we can do it ...we pummeled falkirk at hampden and lost then we went to falkirk n beat them 3-0 this team has it in them to overturn this GGTTH :flag:

iwasthere1972
21-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Well I'll be there with my brother. It's only half time as they say and if we get the first goal then game on. Unfortunately if they get the first goal then I can see fans leaving in their droves.

Never leave a game early. Stayed until the end in the Scottish Cup against the Gorgie Cheats, the 7-0 Malmo hiding, the semi final against Falkirk (I know that was only half time but like a lot of fans I was still there) and other countless times.

Fingers crossed. This will either be a horrible day or one were you can say I was there.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

emerald green
21-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Was with a yam in a bar in Spain last night who told me he didn't want the rangers up because the yam had now split the uglies only to be overheard ingratiating himself with der hun saying he wanted them to win. Strange wee man.
Other gems included an 850k trading profit this season, £1.5m already repaid to budgie, and they do indeed have a special relationship with the cup. Apparently every time they say they are taking it seriously and go for it they win it! 2 years time apparently as top six is next season's aim.

He gives them a tenner a month and hibs have copied that as well. We Also need to spend and think big like hearts.

Even now I regret not smacking that wee bloated pink face[emoji6]

Sounds like you had the misfortune of having bumped into one of those typically sad, deluded, big-mouth Yaks. "Spend and think big like Hearts". :faf: Spend what FFS? As you say - a strange wee man.

I wonder if he genuinely believed all that pish? If so, he deserved a smack.

PS: A wee bloated pink face you say - it wasn't fatty Foulkes was it?

Glory Lurker
21-05-2015, 06:18 PM
My mood is beginning to improve from last night. Actually beginning to realise how nervous I would be if we were defending a lead going in to this. Not that it wouldn't be a nice problem to have right enough, but I can't believe that The Rangers and their fans aren't all worrying to one extent or other "we could totally blow this".

Bostonhibby
21-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Sounds like you had the misfortune of having bumped into one of those typically sad, deluded, big-mouth Yaks. "Spend and think big like Hearts". :faf: Spend what FFS? As you say - a strange wee man.

I wonder if he genuinely believed all that pish? If so, he deserved a smack.

PS: A wee bloated pink face you say - it wasn't fatty Foulkes was it?
Ha ha. Nah, looked like Billy Whizz!

Fenriz
21-05-2015, 06:25 PM
For the first time in years we have a team that deserve it. Think back to where we were last summer, and think the enjoyment this team have given us. Think about starting the season with Oxley's goal, think about taking on Dundee United who were one of the very best teams in Scotland at the time and giving them the best game they've had all season. Think about that first game at Ibrox with Jason's "touch of an angel" and Moshni having a go at his own fans at HT, think about Malongas screamer against Dumbarton or the "tiki-taka" goal against the same team. Think about beating Sevco 4-0 at ER and humiliating Ian Black in the process. Think abot Farid's goal against that lot at ER to round off an emphatic win against the champions. Think about Lewis Stevenson volleying the ball and winning us the game at Ibrox. Think about how Butcher used to talk about our club, then think about how Stubbsy talks about our club.

This for me sums it up. For the first time in the best part of a decade, we've got a team that I look forward to watching and players who really seem to understand what playing for Hibs means. Regardless of how things go on Saturday, I'll be there to applaud them for what has been a far more enjoyable season than I ever thought possible this time last year.

bingo70
21-05-2015, 06:36 PM
It took Hearts about 15 minutes to come back from 2 goals down against this lot so we can certainly do it in 90 minutes.

matty_f
21-05-2015, 06:43 PM
It took Hearts about 15 minutes to come back from 2 goals down against this lot so we can certainly do it in 90 minutes.

How long did Alloa need?

InchHibby
21-05-2015, 06:59 PM
...we have to let yesterday go and be 100% positive for Saturday.

We can't dwell on last nights result. It wasn't ideal but we seriously can't let ourselves dwell on the past. The next three days we need to be totally behind the team and let them know that we believe that they have the ability and that they will turn it around. We can't go starting threads on who we'd drop, or how this player or that player didn't do well - the team will know that themselves. The team can't go out onto the pitch on Saturday thinking about Wednesday, they have to be thinking about how they are going to ensure that we go through.

What we can do is show our support and belief in each individual to make a difference and get us through to the tie against Motherwell. Messages of support on here, e-mailed to the club, passed to players on social media - let's show them that we 100% believe in them and have them walking out on Saturday feeling ten feet tall and ready to take on the world. Let's make the most noise we've ever made at ER to
welcome them onto the pitch and keep it up and really knock the Sevco players off their game.

This team have given us our pride back, they deserve all of our efforts to lift them through. This is half time, this is the same that Hamilton were feeling last season and now we're in the same position.

I know some people will say "Aye, but this is a message board for discussions" but we only need three days of forgetting the fantasy football manager chat and over analysing things. This isn't me having a pop at our support as we've been great so far in this process, we just need to lift our game as a support higher than ever before to ensure that the team on the pitch are prepared to do the same on Saturday. I work in a sales environment and have taken a holiday and given up three sales appointments worth potentially about £300 to travel down and back on Saturday, it'll be well worth it if we pull our team through this.

It's all or nothing - let's have nothing but positivity to pass on to our team in the next few days and we can still ****ing do this.
I was thinking about writing something similar after reading various posts, but this says it all for me, the tie is far from finished, two goals ain't a lot to claw back, one early goal and the pressure shifts from us to them.
Cracking post, let's get behind the team, big time, on Saturday and if we don't manage to get through, so what, I for one will be back next season, nothing changes, it can't, once a Hibby always a Hibby.

ALF TUPPER
21-05-2015, 07:27 PM
We can do this ..... Score early and it's game on. 👍

Sir David Gray
21-05-2015, 07:41 PM
It's a tall order to come back from a 2-0 deficit and if I'm being completely honest, I personally feel we'll fall short.

There's not much that would give me greater pleasure than if we managed to replicate our score against them in December to go through.

I'll be there on Saturday to give them my full support from the start and just hope for the best.

Get it right up Sevco.

Carheenlea
21-05-2015, 07:48 PM

You won`t get many of them admit it publicly, but I`d say 99% of Celtic fans will be rooting for Rangers and hope that they get promoted.

Sir David Gray
21-05-2015, 07:57 PM
You won`t get many of them admit it publicly, but I`d say 99% of Celtic fans will be rooting for Rangers and hope that they get promoted.

Yep.

Almost every single Celtic fan will want Sevco in the Premiership next season.

familyman
21-05-2015, 07:57 PM
I agree, it would be too grim another season this time with no `Hearts or no Rangers'...so get the noise levels up and roar them all on....The time is NOW!!!!!!
Time for the team to be 100%professional and the fans too!

Billy Whizz
21-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Rangers youth team have just died tonight. Losing the Youth cup final at Hampden 5-1 to Celtic (Hibs lost to Celtic in the semi)

Sir David Gray
21-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Rangers youth team have just died tonight. Losing the Youth cup final at Hampden 5-1 to Celtic (Hibs lost to Celtic in the semi)

Was that what they were trying to promote at half time last night when they were showing that interview with one of their so called young stars on the big screen?

Billy Whizz
21-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Was that what they were trying to promote at half time last night when they were showing that interview with one of their so called young stars on the big screen?

Yes, game is live on YouTube via the SFA official site. Fans not allowed in, other than a few guests. They went battling each other last year

Carheenlea
21-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Yes, game is live on YouTube via the SFA official site. Fans not allowed in, other than a few guests. They went battling each other last year

The Old Firm really are are a credit to our nation.

Sir David Gray
21-05-2015, 08:49 PM
The Old Firm really are are a credit to our nation.

How proud must you be when your youth teams have to play each other behind closed doors due to crowd safety fears?

Scouse Hibee
21-05-2015, 08:50 PM
The day I go to a football match not believing that my team can get a result will be the day I pack it all in.

Zazu62
21-05-2015, 09:36 PM
I think we will pump them. We beat hearts 2-0, same scoreline would at least take it to ET/pens

My prediction is 3-0 after extra time

OsloHibs
21-05-2015, 09:50 PM
I believe :agree:

kaimendhibs
21-05-2015, 09:52 PM
I truly believe we can win this, as long as the players do too. If we fall short, I will still applaud the lads at the end.

DH1875
22-05-2015, 09:40 AM
We went to Ibrox with coco the clown and his team and we won 3-0. Who can honestly say they saw that happening? Anythings possible :)

Smartie
22-05-2015, 10:07 AM
I think it has a wee whiff of the AEK about it.

I actually think we'll get the 2 goals back. This is a very difficult game for them to approach - we have no choice but to go for it and if we get one we'll get another. This may be controversial but for all the media love to label us "bottlers" I really question The Rangers' ability under pressure. They threw away second place, they've struggled to defend leads, they've thrown away points in front of their own fans.

If we get back into it they may be forced to come at us again and then it all depends on how we cope with that. Our ability to lose goals at Easter Road when under little pressure has cost us/ nearly cost us dearly at times this season.

That's when we'll find out if we're "bottlers" or not.

Bayern Bru
22-05-2015, 10:58 AM
I'd blow this up to a big size and stick it on the dressing room wall tomorrow to gee the players up...

Carheenlea
22-05-2015, 11:13 AM
I'd blow this up to a big size and stick it on the dressing room wall tomorrow to gee the players up...

Who the **** is responsible for that? Someone who is full of glee at Hibs losing the first leg 2-0 and can`t hide their joy as they write. Disgraceful.

Bad Martini
22-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Who the **** is responsible for that? Someone who is full of glee at Hibs losing the first leg 2-0 and can`t hide their joy as they write. Disgraceful.

Doesn'y really matter tho mate. Truth be told, every single one of these *******s can be perenially silenced by three goals on Saturday. How sweet. Siege mentality. If it's used properly, we can utilise this big time. This is not the only such pish tha's been written and anyone with an ounce of self respect and professional pride should be bursting to kick the utter **** out this tie and anything and anyone who gets in the way of (at least) three netbound shots.

As I said on another thread, we are good enough (unlike last year, we werent). Thats the difference. ALL we need to do is remember that and pound the huns. They conversely are NOT good enough and whilst they have the two goal lead, it's half time with a full match to go.

INTAETHUM :aok: