PDA

View Full Version : Who do you drop for Saturday?

DownInAlbion
21-05-2015, 11:15 AM
I have a feeling Cummings will start because Farid is probably not fit, however Liam criag probably didn't do enough last night to Merritt a place in Saturday's team I think Mcgeough offers alot more. I will probably get slated for saying this because he is after all, the .net golden boy but Stevenson was suspect to some terrible mistakes last night and for all the good he has done this season I wish we had someone we could bring on and offer us a David Gray/ Martin Boyle performance on the left, just my opinion though

Andy74
21-05-2015, 11:20 AM
I have a feeling Cummings will start because Farid is probably not fit, however Liam criag probably didn't do enough last night to Merritt a place in Saturday's team I think Mcgeough offers alot more. I will probably get slated for saying this because he is after all, the .net golden boy but Stevenson was suspect to some terrible mistakes last night and for all the good he has done this season I wish we had someone we could bring on and offer us a David Gray/ Martin Boyle performance on the left, just my opinion though

I don't think we will change it. We generally played well and i don't think changing anything just now will either ensure we finish chances or defend better.

We have no other defenders just now and Malonga and cummings on other days will score goals.

McGeough might be one that comes into the plan.

HFC 0-7
21-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Many players had an off day yesterday, Stevenson didnt have a great game, midfield were out of ideas and the forwards didnt do much. Malonga done a lot of hold up play well in the first hour but looked like he tired. I would drop Craig, although Robertson wasnt very good yesterday either and gave away fouls, one in particular that was in a really dangerous position. I can see stubbs sticking with the same team, but if cummings is on the same form as yesterday he should get hooked at half time. If Malonga plays the same way he did yesterday he will need replaced as I dont think he is suited to that sort of work rate so far from the box.

We need more out of Gray and stevenson, gray in particular made none of the runs we are used to from him, Allan needs to relax a bit more.

S4uzee
21-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Liam Craig did a lot more than Robertson. Thought he was well off the pace

DownInAlbion
21-05-2015, 11:25 AM
I don't think we will change it. We generally played well and i don't think changing anything just now will either ensure we finish chances or defend better.

We have no other defenders just now and Malonga and cummings on other days will score goals.

McGeough might be one that comes into the plan.
Your are probaly right stubbs won't want to change too much however the only other one I would consider bringing on come 60 mins on Saturday is Stanton I think he offers the team something completely different, he is a very direct player who can also score goals.

West hamBERNIAN
21-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Depends on forster for me. hopefully he makes it.

DownInAlbion
21-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Many players had an off day yesterday, Stevenson didnt have a great game, midfield were out of ideas and the forwards didnt do much. Malonga done a lot of hold up play well in the first hour but looked like he tired. I would drop Craig, although Robertson wasnt very good yesterday either and gave away fouls, one in particular that was in a really dangerous position. I can see stubbs sticking with the same team, but if cummings is on the same form as yesterday he should get hooked at half time. If Malonga plays the same way he did yesterday he will need replaced as I dont think he is suited to that sort of work rate so far from the box.

We need more out of Gray and stevenson, gray in particular made none of the runs we are used to from him, Allan needs to relax a bit more.
I think it's fair to say Gray was not 100% fit last night, hoping for a huge improvement on Saturday but at least we know Gray can do bombing down the wings and getting goals at the back post, Stevenson on the other had had never shown that side to his game where he can play the ball and get to the by line and occasionally sneak in at the back post with a header. A good question would be to all the Stevenson worshipers on here is would you rather have wee Louis or Lee Wallace because that's the kind of player I'd love to see at hibs. Not saying that Stevenson is a bad player he just doesn't do enough when we play good teams in important games for me

Tyler Durden
21-05-2015, 11:38 AM
McGeouch for Craig

DownInAlbion
21-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Liam Craig did a lot more than Robertson. Thought he was well off the pace
I agree he really didn't perform last night but normally robbos a bit of a force at the back of the diamond not sure we could drop that!

Cod Boy
21-05-2015, 11:41 AM
If Gray wasn't fit he shouldn't have been playing. The lad Dunsmore should have started if that was the case. And before people say he is just a young lad if he is good enough be in the squad he is good enough to start

S.sct
21-05-2015, 11:43 AM
They'll sit and try and counter. Think we need to commit them, draw them into the tackles and create space. Dylan is a must, with orders to take players on. High tempo from the start so guys like LC are not the order of the day. Farid up front for me also if fit, need a threat in the air.

3-5-2 if possible...

Moan the Hibees....

Alex Trager
21-05-2015, 11:45 AM
They'll sit and try and counter. Think we need to commit them, draw them into the tackles and create space. Dylan is a must, with orders to take players on. High tempo from the start so guys like LC are not the order of the day. Farid up front for me also if fit, need a threat in the air.

3-5-2 if possible...

Moan the Hibees....

I'd potentially play all three up top.

Play them as a triangle with Farid in behind the front two.

What have we got to lose at this stage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LewisHFC
21-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Based on yesterday I would drop Craig,Robbo and Gray.
Possibly Cummings also but can defo score goals.

HFC 0-7
21-05-2015, 11:51 AM
I think it's fair to say Gray was not 100% fit last night, hoping for a huge improvement on Saturday but at least we know Gray can do bombing down the wings and getting goals at the back post, Stevenson on the other had had never shown that side to his game where he can play the ball and get to the by line and occasionally sneak in at the back post with a header. A good question would be to all the Stevenson worshipers on here is would you rather have wee Louis or Lee Wallace because that's the kind of player I'd love to see at hibs. Not saying that Stevenson is a bad player he just doesn't do enough when we play good teams in important games for me

Stevenson had a bad game last night but to say that he doesnt do enough when we play good team in important games is complete rubbish! he has many assists this season and remind me what happened when we played rangers at ibrox earlier in the season? Stevenson has scored 2 this season as has Gray, Scott Allan our most creative player has only scored 2 as well. Comparing Wallace with stevenson is just silly as well, I would rather have messi in my team than Allan but its just not going to happen. Why do you think Gray was unfit? Just because he didnt play that great, Stevenson on the other hand had a bad game because he is mince?

HFC 0-7
21-05-2015, 11:53 AM

3-5-2 if possible...

Moan the Hibees....

Whi would you drop for Farid? Dont think the game would suit Malonga and Farid up front and I dont think Malonga done anything wrong to warrant being dropped.

essexhibee
21-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Id only change mcgeough

steviehibsleith
21-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Id drop Robertson for mcgeoch he, apart from a good engine Robertson does nothing for me and nearly every tackle is a foul always uses his arms/hands. Wasn't much in it and if Cummins had scored could have been a different story I'm still hopeful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunshineOnLeith
21-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Assuming Forster isn't fit so so we have to stick with the back 4, I'd bring in Dylan for Liam Craig. Not because I think Craig was poor last night, just because we need to go for it a bit more and he's a more direct player.

Hibeesmad
21-05-2015, 11:58 AM
3-5-2

Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine

McGeough
Allan
Robertson
Fyvie
Stevenson

El Alagui
Malonga

Glesgahibby
21-05-2015, 12:09 PM
McGeouch for Craig
:agree:
Said this on another thread.
Craig was ok but mcgeouch has vision,good close control and can lift the tempo.
We passed the ball well at times last night but we were also guilty of bad decisions in good areas.
After a long lay off,90 mins should sharpen our passing and help us get at them from the start.
There defence put 100percent effort in last night and with Saturday(12.00 ko) being there third game in 6 days they will tire second half.

DownInAlbion
21-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Stevenson had a bad game last night but to say that he doesnt do enough when we play good team in important games is complete rubbish! he has many assists this season and remind me what happened when we played rangers at ibrox earlier in the season? Stevenson has scored 2 this season as has Gray, Scott Allan our most creative player has only scored 2 as well. Comparing Wallace with stevenson is just silly as well, I would rather have messi in my team than Allan but its just not going to happen. Why do you think Gray was unfit? Just because he didnt play that great, Stevenson on the other hand had a bad game because he is mince?
Your right comparing Lee and Lewis is silly but that's the kind of left back I'd like to see stubbs bring in as a squad player just to offer something different, and Gray has only played one game in a month and a half, to then go and play 90 mins against them is hard going no matter how much Sun in la manga you get

Cameron1875
21-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Robertson/Craig for McGeouch.

Frazerbob
21-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Robertson was very poor last night. I'd definitely start McGeouch. I also think we need to find a place for Farid. I'd normally pair him with JC but I thought Dom did well last night, he even made a lung busting run at one point, so I'd go Dom and Farid up front.

Aldo
21-05-2015, 01:16 PM
With the exception of Oxley/Hanlon/Fontaine/Craig/Dom.

If we had the players the rest could be replaced.

Dom was easily our best player last nite.

Craig also played well (gonnae get pelted for that).

I was his biggest critic last season for him hiding in games but he took responsibility and at least tried to get forward.

There maybe one poss 2 changes on Sat but that'll be about that.

Iain G
21-05-2015, 01:28 PM
With the exception of Oxley/Hanlon/Fontaine/Craig/Dom.

If we had the players the rest could be replaced.

Dom was easily our best player last nite.

Craig also played well (gonnae get pelted for that).

I was his biggest critic last season for him hiding in games but he took responsibility and at least tried to get forward.

There maybe one poss 2 changes on Sat but that'll be about that.

Craig was innefective and his woeful long range shooting gave away the ball when we were in good areas of the pitch and a pass could have opened them up. First one to drop out of that midfield from last night, get McGeough in there instead.

Thecat23
21-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Craig was innefective and his woeful long range shooting gave away the ball when we were in good areas of the pitch and a pass could have opened them up. First one to drop out of that midfield from last night, get McGeough in there instead.

He was better than Robertson last night!!

Hibernia&Alba
21-05-2015, 01:31 PM
We don't need massive changes - perhaps a wee tweak. What we will need is the confidence to take our chances, which is more likely at home. We're 2-0 down, play an attacking side and throw the kitchen sink at them. We have to take risks now.

Aldo
21-05-2015, 01:44 PM

Did more than Fyvie???

Sorry but as I mentioned I wasn't a fan of Craig but out of our MF players who started he was the best and that included Allan.

yekimevol
21-05-2015, 01:49 PM
I would be dropping Fyvie, he did nothing wrong but never did much to actually impact the game. Bar that JC has a quiet game so did gray but im not sure about dropping him.

Northernhibee
21-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Who do we drop, what a negative way to ask who you'd play on Saturday :rolleyes:

All I know is whoever Stubbsy picks to play gets my full support.

IFONLY
21-05-2015, 01:56 PM
Based on yesterday I would drop Craig,Robbo and Gray.
Possibly Cummings also but can defo score goals.

Well thank god you don't pick the team then!!!!!!!!

Pete
21-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Who do you drop? Nobody.

You tell the same eleven that they are now match ready, there is no excuses so get out there and go about your business.

That eleven, when match-fit, are more than capable. Plus they'll be stung.

Mathias Jack
21-05-2015, 02:47 PM

The main reason McGeouch never started last night was he's working his way back to fitness, it wasn't tactical.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/david-gray-hopes-for-hibs-selection-headache-1-3776197

DownInAlbion
21-05-2015, 02:49 PM
The main reason McGeouch never started last night was he's working his way back to fitness, it wasn't tactical.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/david-gray-hopes-for-hibs-selection-headache-1-3776197
I would have started Craig as well last night I'm not slating that decision, just think we need mcgeough on Saturday

Mathias Jack
21-05-2015, 03:04 PM
I would have started Craig as well last night I'm not slating that decision, just think we need mcgeough on Saturday

I agree with you 100%

Can't say I was too impressed with Craig's inability to keep a shot down; and when there was a player sliding in front of him, he thought he'd shoot anyways.

DownInAlbion
21-05-2015, 03:06 PM
I agree with you 100%

Can't say I was too impressed with Craig's inability to keep a shot down; and when there was a player sliding in front of him, he thought he'd shoot anyways.
I'm not sure he is capable of anything else! On his day he does have some shot on him though

DownInAlbion
21-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Who do we drop, what a negative way to ask who you'd play on Saturday :rolleyes:

Disagree the fact we are struggling to find someone to drop surely is a positive thing

Smartie
21-05-2015, 03:15 PM

His shots were poor last night but at least he stepped up and had a go!

I was screaming at other players to have a shot when we had decent possession around their box in the first half. Their keeper was a bit jittery and I could have seen him spilling some shots.

Our decision-making was poor in the final third - I remember another time in the second half when Fyvie took a poor shot when he could have slipped in Malonga wide.

we are hibs
21-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Oxley,Gray,Hanlon,Fontaine,stevenson,mcgeouch,Robe rtson,Allan,fyvie,Malonga and El Alagui.

PeeJay
21-05-2015, 03:22 PM
I'd go with the same team: it's the best we have, we don't have any game changers on the bench, that's why Stubbs doesn't make changes ... let the guys who blew it on Wednesday, sort it out on Saturday!

J-C
21-05-2015, 03:29 PM

Weird you mention Gray and Stevenson and goals yet you forget to mention both payers have scored 3 goals each this season.

DownInAlbion
21-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Stevenson has played almost every game I think, Gray has had multiple injuries I think a full season this year and Gray would be on 6-7

J-C
21-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Stevenson has played almost every game I think, Gray has had multiple injuries I think a full season this year and Gray would be on 6-7

Ah the amazing guess work man, pleased to meet you.

DownInAlbion
21-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Ah the amazing guess work man, pleased to meet you.
Haha brilliant [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] I am correct though

J-C
21-05-2015, 03:42 PM
Back to the thread.........going by what people are saying Fyvie woud be the one to drop to allow McGeouch to come back in, don't know if his heart is in it due to maybe going elsewhere but McGeouch does have more energy adn could chip in with a goal.

jacomo
21-05-2015, 04:12 PM
3-5-2

Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine

McGeough
Allan
Robertson
Fyvie
Stevenson

El Alagui
Malonga

This sounds about right to me, although might keep Craig and drop Fyvie to the bench.

LaMotta
21-05-2015, 04:31 PM
This sounds about right to me, although might keep Craig and drop Fyvie to the bench.

I would agree with that. Fyvie would be first to drop out for me.

Whilst I quite like him and he rarely gives the ball away I think we look less of an attacking threat with him in the team.

LewisHFC
21-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Well thank god you don't pick the team then!!!!!!!!

How come? I think it's pretty reasonable

Kavinho
21-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Strongest 11 for the biggest game of the season.

No knee jerk reaction to 1 result.

Trust the manager to make his choice.

Bostonhibby
21-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Probably Cummings unfortunately. Disappeared after the hun defender got away with raking the back of his calf early on.

Sir David Gray
21-05-2015, 08:24 PM
I would definitely play McGeouch from the start.

Him and Allan in midfield have the potential to cause Sevco real problems if they're both on their game.

I would play El Alagui as well but only if he's fully fit.

Centre Hawf
22-05-2015, 02:10 AM
I would consider playing Robertson centre half in a back 3. Right footed and usually plugs into the gap when Gray goes forward in a 4 anyway. I think 3-5-2 is the formation to beat them, just the problem is getting a centre half fit to play. I don't think they'll attack us that much so we could get away with it. Just a thought, doubt it'll happen though.

If not I would be tempted to stick a 4-3-3, get Dje Dje on for his pace and get him running the channels as well as Malonga who spent a lot of the game running wide and linking up well with Allan. Tell Cummings or Farid to find themselves in front of the goal in the box as much as possible and fight for every ball that gets chucked in near them.

Matty_Jack04
22-05-2015, 05:33 AM
I dont think anyone deserves to be dropped because of a poor performance we played pretty well I thought just didn't work in the final 1/3 if we're changing formation id prefer 433 to save moving players positions to fit a 352 with Craig dropping out for dje dje, Craig done well on wed it's just I'd prefer a midfield 3 of Allan robbo fyvie

Forza Fred
22-05-2015, 06:40 AM
We don't need massive changes - perhaps a wee tweak. What we will need is the confidence to take our chances, which is more likely at home. We're 2-0 down, play an attacking side and throw the kitchen sink at them. We have to take risks now.

Spot on.

We simply don't have the cattle for wholesale changes.

It's strikers who win games - ours need to step up and show they are capable of playing on a bigger stage than the likes of Alloa and Raith Rovers.

number9dream
22-05-2015, 08:05 AM
McGeouch is really the only player who comes into contention. What needs to change is the midfield getting closer to the strikers. Did one of our midfield four get beyond Malonga or Cummings at any stage at Ibrox? The delivery from out wide must improve and we have to mix up the corner routine. Oh, and defend like lions.
Basically, the players chosen need to give every last drop they have...

JimBHibees
22-05-2015, 08:37 AM
I think Dylan needs to start. Would consider Farid also if anywhere near fit.

AlbertK86
22-05-2015, 09:01 AM
I'd go

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeouch
Roberson
Allan

Dje Dje
Farid
Dom

ManBearPig
22-05-2015, 09:06 AM
I'd go

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeouch
Roberson
Allan

Dje Dje
Farid
Dom

Wow that would be a curve ball however going 3 in midfield wouldn't play to our strengths however the way Rangers defended maybe a direct route would shake them up a bit.

jacomo
22-05-2015, 09:34 AM
I think Dylan needs to start. Would consider Farid also if anywhere near fit.

A fit Farid would panic their defence, no question about it.

Typical Hibs to have key injuries at the wrong time though.

JimBHibees
22-05-2015, 09:36 AM
A fit Farid would panic their defence, no question about it.

Typical Hibs to have key injuries at the wrong time though.

Agree some key injuries at the wrong time.

khib70
22-05-2015, 10:50 AM

:agree:Might be a vital game 24 hours away, but hey, let's not pass up an opportunity to stick the boot in Liam Craig, eh? Pathetic. Craig was better than Robertson or Fyvie on Wednesday and IMO should play ahead of either tomorrow.

As you say, whoever plays I'll be 100 percent there behind them. Let's do this:flag:

ekhibee
22-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Wallace, the last few games, has shown he can be a really good player again (he's a Hibs fan too), considering how pish he was for 2/3rds of the season, but very much doubt he'll sign for Hibs.

Stewboy
22-05-2015, 03:00 PM
If Craig plays at least let him whip corners in from the right

Centre Hawf
22-05-2015, 06:45 PM
If Craig plays at least let him whip corners in from the right

This. If we continue to let Scott Allan the corners all day tomorrow I can't see us getting a goal from them. Mix it up.