PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Miller was Offside

MB62
21-05-2015, 08:36 AM
For their 2nd goal.
I wasn't sure when I first saw it but watching replays, from the header forward, he is onside, but then the ball hits the The rangers player's leg on the way through, slightly deflecting it in to Miller's path and he is then offside. Finished it brilliantly I must say.

Could be the decision that costs us a lot of dosh and a place in the top division next season.

SlickShoes
21-05-2015, 08:57 AM
For their 2nd goal.
I wasn't sure when I first saw it but watching replays, from the header forward, he is onside, but then the ball hits the The rangers player's leg on the way through, slightly deflecting it in to Miller's path and he is then offside. Finished it brilliantly I must say.

Could be the decision that costs us a lot of dosh and a place in the top division next season.

Dire defending cost us more than an offside decision you had to watch multiple times to even see.

MB62
21-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Dire defending cost us more than an offside decision you had to watch multiple times to even see.

Yep, but when every other sport is going down the T.V. replay route, fitba, or at least Scottish fitba, is still stuck in the dark ages.

Smartie
21-05-2015, 09:17 AM
It hadn't even occurred to me that he might have been offside.

We're clutching at straws a bit here. The defending wasn't good at all but having now watched it back I didn't realise at the game how tidy a finish it was. Miller did well.

MB62
21-05-2015, 10:39 AM

We're clutching at straws a bit here. The defending wasn't good at all but having now watched it back I didn't realise at the game how tidy a finish it was. Miller did well.

Don't really see why we are clutching at straws. Ok the defending was poor for both goals, but the decision by the assistant referee is also poor as he got it wrong, or between him and the ref anyway. It might not have been obvious from the assistant refs position that the The rangers player had touched it on the way through but ref should have seen it as he was well positioned. It's not the worst or most blatant piece of wrong decision making by officials, in fact have a wee bit of sympathy for them in this instance, but that's what T.V. replays would have sorted out.
If somebody is offside they are offside, no straw to clutch at.

HH81
21-05-2015, 10:45 AM
I watched it a couple of times and unsure if he was offside. Someone upload a screenshot?

Hermit Crab
21-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Forget Miller. Forget offside. It's over and done with.

SaulGoodman
21-05-2015, 11:14 AM

Oh okay, im just away to jump off the Forth Bridge now

Bad Martini
21-05-2015, 11:15 AM

By definition, forget everything, no point in discussiing anything, messageboard closed?

OK then.

Is it OK if we disagree, as the TV angles I seen suggested he was indeed offside, by a small margin. Did anyone say the ref was expected to do anything about it, that it was yards and blatant? Doesn't mean the OP is not correct??

Didnt think so.

He WAS offside in MY opinion too....everything that's ever gone before this point (football and non-football) is "over and done with"...that being the case and following your logic, what can we discuss? Only the future?

RoscoHibby
21-05-2015, 11:18 AM

He was offside. I said it as soon as the ball went to miller, just had to wait for 1st replay to confirm that Vuckic did indeed knock the ball onto him.

On another note, you really need to lighten up/get laid/get a new hobby....

silverhibee
21-05-2015, 11:26 AM

Seen it straight away at the goal, maybe the linesman didn't see the deflection.

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2015, 11:27 AM
i didn't need any replay to see miller was offside...so there :agree:

Hermit Crab
21-05-2015, 11:28 AM
He was offside. I said it as soon as the ball went to miller, just had to wait for 1st replay to confirm that Vuckic did indeed knock the ball onto him.

On another note, you really need to lighten up/get laid/get a new hobby....

Let's not get personal. This is straw clutching. Let's move on and get behind them on Saturday.

Hermit Crab
21-05-2015, 11:29 AM

Please yourself. You'll miss the big game on Saturday though.

WeeRussell
21-05-2015, 11:57 AM
He was also BOOKED, but no websites or reports are acknowledging this.. and ma bet isnae paying out!!!

MB62
21-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Let's not get personal. This is straw clutching. Let's move on and get behind them on Saturday.

It's nothing to do with straw clutching. The goal will stand, we will go in to the game 0-2 down, that's doesn't mean we can't all discuss the fact their 2nd goal should have been disallowed, or the fact that we still, in this day and age, don't have access to video evidence at football games.

Is there a list of things we are allowed or not allowed to discuss on here?

Mr White
21-05-2015, 12:00 PM
He was also BOOKED, but no websites or reports are acknowledging this.. and ma bet isnae paying out!!!

Yeah that's a weird one, it flashed up on the bt sports coverage and was mentioned by the commentator that miller was booked. The bbc match report makes no mention of it though?

WeeRussell
21-05-2015, 12:09 PM
Yeah that's a weird one, it flashed up on the bt sports coverage and was mentioned by the commentator that miller was booked. The bbc match report makes no mention of it though?

Nor does the SPFL website, livescore etc etc! Typical. No sure how I'll get my bet reversed other than sending betfair video evidence haha!

I've emailed the SPFL through their website for ahem "clarification"... :greengrin

CMac1988
21-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Dad said this when it happened. Seen it in the first replay but every replay after that only shows the finish. Comes of Vucik's knee I think.

Regardless though its almost impossible to see if you're the linesman. Games lost cause we are poor in the final third against teams who defend in numbers. Doesn't help that every man and their dog could see it was not working but Stubbs made no effort to change it up. Cummings on for 90 minutes... Really? Bizzare.

timewilltell
21-05-2015, 12:16 PM
So what does that matter now? It's all about our attitude on Saturday.

Ryan69
21-05-2015, 01:30 PM

What a finish? Christ for how much he's milked from that pathetic club,It certainly should end up in the net.
He kicked the ball with the outside of his foot...incredible???

The guy is a ****ing idiot and how much he gets paid.....of course he should know how to kick a football!

Thecat23
21-05-2015, 01:44 PM
What a finish? Christ for how much he's milked from that pathetic club,It certainly should end up in the net.

The guy is a ****ing idiot and how much he gets paid.....of course he should know how to kick a football!

Take it you know Kenny yeah? How much he's on, and being an idiot?

Thecat23
21-05-2015, 01:45 PM

It isn't done yet. Tough task yes but far from over!

Smartie
21-05-2015, 02:08 PM

I've seen Kenny Miller play quite a lot of times during his career, for Hibs and Scotland and also against Hibs for Celtic, Rangers and The Rangers.

I've seen him bongo plenty of chances over the bar, wide and straight at the keeper over the years.

I just thought that it was a tidy finish at an important time in a massive game, on his weaker foot and at an angle and that he deserved a bit of praise for it. Unfortunate for us that he chose that particular moment to show a decent bit of composure (composure that has been sadly lacking from our own strikers too often this season).

brog
21-05-2015, 03:19 PM
My immediate reaction was that he was offside but as no one even mentioned it on TV I thought I must have imagined the touch on, how stupid of me! As for those posters complaining about us complaining you really do need to get a grip. Do you honestly think Celtc & Newco's recent complaints re refereeing decisions at ICT & Q of S games were not designed to give them a future advantage? It's understandable why the officials got it wrong last night but we need our players fans & management to be in the faces of the officials whenever it is appropriate. Is it coincidence the 2 most successful managers in recent history, Ferguson & Mourinho, take every opportunity to highlight & complain when they're wronged, or even when they're not?!

Billy Whizz
21-05-2015, 03:42 PM
My immediate reaction was that he was offside but as no one even mentioned it on TV I thought I must have imagined the touch on, how stupid of me! As for those posters complaining about us complaining you really do need to get a grip. Do you honestly think Celtc & Newco's recent complaints re refereeing decisions at ICT & Q of S games were not designed to give them a future advantage? It's understandable why the officials got it wrong last night but we need our players fans & management to be in the faces of the officials whenever it is appropriate. Is it coincidence the 2 most successful managers in recent history, Ferguson & Mourinho, take every opportunity to highlight & complain when they're wronged, or even when they're not?!

Just watched it or the 1st time on Hibs TV. Both commentators shout offside as soon as the ball is played in, and again in the replay. Looks marginally offside. Stubbs also mentions in his Hibs TV interview that it was offside

brog
21-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Just watched it or the 1st time on Hibs TV. Both commentators shout offside as soon as the ball is played in, and again in the replay. Looks marginally offside. Stubbs also mentions in his Hibs TV interview that it was offside

Thanks Billy, that's good to know. Hopefully will get wider attention though I'm not holding my breath!

PeeJay
21-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Looks very marginally offside to me - difficult for the linesman to see that without the aid of instant replay ... Kenny Miller in our box all on his own, great defensive work by our guys!

emerald green
21-05-2015, 06:35 PM

:agree: Yet when Liam Craig does it some posters on this forum moan like hell about it.

I remember Ferguson had Miller & McLeish at Aberdeen badgering and moaning at referees all the time. I seem to recall reading somewhere that Ferguson instructed them to do this to counter the perceived Old Firm bias. Ferguson knew this only too well, having played for Rangers.

3pm
21-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Kenny Miller ate my hamster. Prick.

Bronson
21-05-2015, 08:43 PM
I really strongly despise Kenny Miller, biggest judas ever and seems to LOVE scoring against us. Welt.

Billy Whizz
21-05-2015, 09:08 PM
The 1st goal should have been disallowed as well, Foul on a Hibs player in the build up. Clutching at straws, but make sure this message gets through

Canon Hannan
21-05-2015, 10:26 PM
For their 2nd goal.

I noticed it along with loads of Hibs fans in the stadium at the other end. Poor decision that may cost us. The ref must have seen it? Think they just turned a blind eye. Very poor indeed.

S4uzee
21-05-2015, 10:30 PM
The 1st goal should have been disallowed as well, Foul on a Hibs player in the build up. Clutching at straws, but make sure this message gets through

Absolutely. Couldn't believe that wasn't given

B.H.F.C
21-05-2015, 10:40 PM

Not saying it wasn't a foul, it was blatant. But if I remember right, we actually got the ball back only for Robertson to give it away again.

Fergos
21-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Not saying it wasn't a foul, it was blatant. But if I remember right, we actually got the ball back only for Robertson to give it away again.

Aye correct, Robbo gives the ball away that starts their move for first goal.

GGTTH

Lucius Apuleius
22-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Understandable why offside was not given. Foul should have been given before the first though.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-05-2015, 04:51 PM
I've always hated miller ....i remember back when there was speculation that he was going to rangers and i saw him up town when i was out with a few mates...One girl that was with us asked him why he was leaving and his reply was hibs are ***** and would never win **** all.

Smartie
22-05-2015, 05:05 PM
I've always hated miller ....i remember back when there was speculation that he was going to rangers and i saw him up town when i was out with a few mates...One girl that was with us asked him why he was leaving and his reply was hibs are ***** and would never win **** all.

He wasn't too far off the mark tbf.

It would be just lovely to ram that remark right up him tomorrow though.

tamig
22-05-2015, 05:51 PM

Indeed. Let's focus on tomorrow.

emerald green
22-05-2015, 05:57 PM

If Miller said that in all seriousness, then Hibs were well shot of someone like that.

Bostonhibby
22-05-2015, 07:56 PM

Make sure there's a hun in front of you or you might end up offside and the whole thing will have been for nothing, unless there's a SPFL referee and assistant watching.:wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
22-05-2015, 10:21 PM
If Miller said that in all seriousness, then Hibs were well shot of someone like that.

True story.....There was about 10 of us out including a couple of mates younger sisters who were at the other side of the pub got chatting to him and his 2 pals for a good wee while until their brothers went over and miller and his pals moved on

Thecat23
22-05-2015, 10:33 PM
True story.....There was about 10 of us out including a couple of mates younger sisters who were at the other side of the pub got chatting to him and his 2 pals for a good wee while until their brothers went over and miller and his pals moved on

I'm not calling you a liar bud, but this is *****! When you posted this I took a screen shot and sent it to him. He's never and I mean never said "hibs are ****" he may have said he's moving on to win trophies as he often did say that. Personally think the girl has either got carried away or made it up.

Again nothing against you, and for what's it's worth it pisses me off when he scores against us but he's never said Hibs are ***** and that's come from him tonight as I was shocked when I read your post!

Bad Martini
22-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Hmmm. Irrespective, we all support Hibs. Not ex-players FC or similar. If they are In a position to inflict damage on us, even more so.

Not really interested in Kenny Miller. I'm only interested in his puss being much less happy when we put them out

ENDOF

Thecat23
22-05-2015, 11:11 PM
Hmmm. Irrespective, we all support Hibs. Not ex-players FC or similar. If they are In a position to inflict damage on us, even more so.

Not really interested in Kenny Miller. I'm only interested in his puss being much less happy when we put them out

ENDOF

This!

MB62
25-05-2015, 09:08 AM
For their 2nd goal.

:boo hoo: