PDA

View Full Version : Cummings

JCHibby
20-05-2015, 10:52 PM
Not as good as he thinks.

Awareness and ability to sniff an opportunity tonight we're nothing short of Sunday league football. Boy needs to screw the nut stop reading papers and score goals.

Malonga carried him tonight, held the ball up joined up play. Big decision for the weekend for Stubbs.

Andy74
20-05-2015, 10:55 PM

Awareness and ability to sniff an opportunity tonight we're nothing short of Sunday league football. Boy needs to screw the nut stop reading papers and score goals.

Malonga carried him tonight, held the ball up joined up play. Big decision for the weekend for Stubbs.

Yes very poor.

Gus
20-05-2015, 10:56 PM
Was awful and think SPFL is his level , not negative just honest

Delboy4
20-05-2015, 11:01 PM
He does score goals BUT he and some of the other players should think long and hard about their social life...every Saturday night in Why Not club bevvyin til 4 in the morning!

If you want to be a top class football player/athlete you have to knock that on the head/screw the nut and maybe they will become THAT individual. Just saying! 😐

hibee92
20-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Seriously? A 19 year old laddie is top scorer in the second tier, just went through a lot of media nonsense that must be playing on his mind a bit. Have a word. Quality young player who will only get better

Billychaotic182
20-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Seriously? A 19 year old laddie is top scorer in the second tier, just went through a lot of media nonsense that must be playing on his mind a bit. Have a word. Quality young player who will only get better

This

Billychaotic182
20-05-2015, 11:04 PM
How many games did Riordan go bugger all in. A few bad games doesn't make him a bad player

Pretty Boy
20-05-2015, 11:06 PM

:agree:

He was poor tonight, very poor. However he's scored goals all season, important ones in big games at that. He's got plenty to learn but he's a good player who'll do alright in the game.

silverhibee
20-05-2015, 11:20 PM
How many games did Riordan go bugger all in. A few bad games doesn't make him a bad player

Think James Collins would have been a better example. :greengrin

For a lad who looks stocky built he does get easily pushed aside, not his best night tonight that's for sure.

Speedy
20-05-2015, 11:24 PM

Yes, you can be a talented 19 year old but you'll soon be an under performing 20 something if you don't screw the nut.

Stokesy's on fire
20-05-2015, 11:30 PM

I actually thought he looked out of sorts the daily record set out to unsettle him and it seems to have worked out well! The lads a great footballer but recent events won't have helped he didn't look with it and stubbs should have made a change

Viva_Palmeiras
20-05-2015, 11:36 PM

Exactly lads maybe have a rethink in the cold like of day...

Hibeesmad
20-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Malonga was really good tonight imo, should have scored too however I thought he did pretty well, cummings wasn't too great however and if he does have this media thing on his mind then maybe the bench would be more suitable for him this saturday

silverhibee
20-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Yes, you can be a talented 19 year old but you'll soon be an under performing 20 something if you don't screw the nut.

It's his goals over the season that are keeping him in the team, if he had only got a few goals I think Stubbs would have taken a different approach with him about his mis haps with the papers, did Fenlon drop Sparky when he was being a bad lad, no, he was scoring goals, did Yogi drop Stokes for his antics, no, he was scoring goals, did the managers that Riordan play under drop him for stories in the paper, no, because he was scoring goals, if you are doing it on the pitch as a striker the manager will more than likely still play you if you are having problems of it, stop scoring goals though and things will change quickly for a young lad like Cummings.

Now go out on Saturday JC and get Hibs the win they need.

Peevemor
21-05-2015, 12:17 AM
Whatever you think of his performance tonight, Cummings has got some engine in him - he ran his socks of tonight, especially when closing down passes between their defenders & keeper.

timewilltell
21-05-2015, 04:12 AM
Whatever you think of his performance tonight, Cummings has got some engine in him - he ran his socks of tonight, especially when closing down passes between their defenders & keeper.

Are you being serious!...? Cummings was awful!!

Peevemor
21-05-2015, 05:36 AM
Are you being serious!...? Cummings was awful!!

So you're saying he didn't work hard?

What game were you watching?

Tyler Durden
21-05-2015, 06:14 AM
He had a poor night and his miss was crucial. However it's hardly his fault he wasn't subbed. Despite a good overall showing from Malonga he too missed a sitter and that's what's really cost us.

Aside from those 2 big chances neither player got much service to be honest. Gray and Stevenson's use of the ball was poor and the entire midfield were ineffectual.

Cummings would definitely start on Saturday for me

Gatecrasher
21-05-2015, 06:14 AM

I agree. He's a good goalscorer who is still working on his game, he will get better.

southern hibby
21-05-2015, 06:22 AM
Said in another post about Cummings first touch. I personally think it is shocking, drastically needs to improve and we will see ( I believe ) a more relaxed player.

GGTTH

Unseen work
21-05-2015, 06:26 AM
This is a really tough time for Jason, all the allegations in the paper and playing in a competition where it was his missed oen that got us relegated, he stlill remembers that and will be on his mind especially after his miss last night.

I actually thought he started well, was running at them and taking it in tight situations and doing well, then when he missed his chance he crumbled

That is why I think Stubbs kept him on, to have to deal with it and not take him off and make it end. He will have a word with Jason to reassure him and jc will go out and score on Saturday

IWASTHERE1902
21-05-2015, 06:40 AM
Was awful and think SPFL is his level , not negative just honest

Agree. Has scored a load of goals but his chances to goals ratio must be very poor. At this point he is nowhere near good enough to step up a level, he might develop further and be able to step up but I think he has a long way to go.

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2015, 07:12 AM
Cummings was poor last night, but he's done really well for most of the season. Its not his fault he played 90 minutes when he should have played 60 at most.

db03
21-05-2015, 07:31 AM

I don't know if you were at the game or not but I was there and Cummings was not working hard!
infact quite the opposite. He was terrible and to be quite honest as a footballer he is poor.
he seems to be in the right place to score goals but the rest of his play is non existent. It baffles me that so many Hibs fans rate highly. In my opinion he thinks he is something he aint

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2015, 07:33 AM
I don't know if you were at the game or not but I was there and Cummings was not working hard!
infact quite the opposite. He was terrible and to be quite honest as a footballer he is poor.
he seems to be in the right place to score goals but the rest of his play is non existent. It baffles me that so many Hibs fans rate highly. In my opinion he thinks he is something he aint

:confused: What does he think he is? Perhaps it's you that thinks he's not as good as you want him to be, hardly his fault?

db03
21-05-2015, 07:35 AM
:confused: What does he think he is? Perhaps it's you that thinks he's not as good as you want him to be, hardly his fault?

by that I meant he thinks he is better than he actually is.
I would love the boy to go and prove me wrong but I cant see it.

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2015, 07:39 AM
by that I meant he thinks he is better than he actually is.
I would love the boy to go and prove me wrong but I cant see it.

You know him then, how good does he think he is?

db03
21-05-2015, 07:42 AM
You know him then, how good does he think he is?
I don't know him that's why I said in my opinion.

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2015, 07:45 AM
I don't know him that's why I said in my opinion.

Right, so because he has a poor game there must be something wrong with the way he thinks about himself.

I get you now.

db03
21-05-2015, 07:49 AM
Right, so because he has a poor game there must be something wrong with the way he thinks about himself.

I get you now.

he has had more than one poor game and I don't rate him. Entitled to my opinion just as you are

Heisenberg
21-05-2015, 07:49 AM
I've not once really thought this season that Cummings has impressed as an all round player but he gets in the box and scores goals which is all that matters. He's young and his game will improve. Poor last night but we'll move on. One bad game won't have me writing him off.

blackpoolhibs
21-05-2015, 07:52 AM
he has had more than one poor game and I don't rate him. Entitled to my opinion just as you are

I'm not his biggest fan either, but i won't base that opinion on something i know nothing about, just his performances on the park.

rodhibs55
21-05-2015, 07:55 AM
JC had a bad night but that does not make him a bad player. In contrast DM had a good game.

The reason he was left on is that over piece he has the knack of being in the right place at the right time and nicks goals as his goal tally for the season shows. Just didn't work out for him last night. He will be back with goals.

We should all get behind him and the rest of the team. This tie is far from over.

J-C
21-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Jason is a decent player with an eye for goal, he's still fairly young and prone to have more than a few bad games like a lot of youngsters do as they develop but lets hope he doesn't get all full of himself and believe the hype as this could work against him. He needs to keep working even harder now, if he thinks the sun shines out of his arse, then we have a problem as he'll think he just needs to turn up and score without putting in the graft, that's when the problems arise.

HH81
21-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Cummings gets a lot of stick but where is the thread for Allen? He was just as bad.

silverhibee
21-05-2015, 10:51 AM
This is a really tough time for Jason, all the allegations in the paper and playing in a competition where it was his missed oen that got us relegated, he stlill remembers that and will be on his mind especially after his miss last night.

I actually thought he started well, was running at them and taking it in tight situations and doing well, then when he missed his chance he crumbled

That is why I think Stubbs kept him on, to have to deal with it and not take him off and make it end. He will have a word with Jason to reassure him and jc will go out and score on Saturday

If he is dwelling on the past then he is no good to us and needs to get his head sorted.

silverhibee
21-05-2015, 10:53 AM
So you're saying he didn't work hard?

What game were you watching?

You don't see the whole picture when your watching it on TV, from my seat in the ground it didn't look like he was putting in a shift.

Peevemor
21-05-2015, 11:01 AM
You don't see the whole picture when your watching it on TV, from my seat in the ground it didn't look like he was putting in a shift.

While watching the match (ie. before this thread started) I thought to myself that Cummings never stops and I was particularly impressed toward the end of the match that he was managing to keep up the same pace. From what I saw, he chased (within reason) every loose ball, every pass back and every pass between defenders.

HappyHanlon
21-05-2015, 11:10 AM
JC is still a young striker learning the game.

He'll have bad games, he'll have great games - think we can all agree that last night was one to forget for him.

hibee_girl
21-05-2015, 11:42 AM
JC is still a young striker learning the game.

He'll have bad games, he'll have great games - think we can all agree that last night was one to forget for him.

:agree: think a lot of folk forget this is his first season as a first team player

Shrekko
21-05-2015, 12:29 PM

I disagree- although he definitely doesnt like physical contact (maybe been scarred by the injury he had?).

As someone who (rightly) defended Derek Riordan against these allegations for years on the basis of his overall productivity I'm surprised that you've not mentioned he's the top scorer in the league (and has a few assists) in his first full first season as a pro. Or is this different?

leither17
21-05-2015, 12:46 PM
This place is depressing the leagues top scorer who is only 19 and he is getting hounded out for a bad game

JimBHibees
21-05-2015, 12:48 PM
This place is depressing the leagues top scorer who is only 19 and he is getting hounded out for a bad game

Agree entirely another day he probably raps in the chance he got and he would be a hero.

Famine or feast.

mentalhibee
21-05-2015, 12:51 PM

Exactly mate, it's redic!

Hibernia&Alba
21-05-2015, 01:20 PM

Absolutely. Everyone is allowed a bad game, especially when so young. I'd still pick him Saturday.

CallumLaidlaw
21-05-2015, 01:51 PM

:agree: The fickleness of social media unfortunately. I like JC a lot. He is a hard worker and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time. He definitely needs to work on areas of his game such as his 1st touch, but he's made great improvements in his game already this season, such as his decision making, and he's the top scorer in a league that contains the more experienced strikers like Miller, Boyd, Clark, Loy, Lyle, Reilly.

We need to remember that if he was the finished article, he wouldnt be with us, but if he continues to improve, he may well move on to bigger teams than us.

silverhibee
21-05-2015, 11:19 PM
I disagree- although he definitely doesnt like physical contact (maybe been scarred by the injury he had?).

As someone who (rightly) defended Derek Riordan against these allegations for years on the basis of his overall productivity I'm surprised that you've not mentioned he's the top scorer in the league (and has a few assists) in his first full first season as a pro. Or is this different?

Yes.

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2015, 06:50 AM
I don't think Cummings would be getting half the stick he is, if the manager had done his job properly on Wednesday and hooked him after an hour or even half time?

Kato
22-05-2015, 06:55 AM

You forget that some people imagine their precious opinion is so important it has to be aired, defended and argued about to the nth degree, but that's ego for you.

Thecat23
22-05-2015, 07:11 AM
While watching the match (ie. before this thread started) I thought to myself that Cummings never stops and I was particularly impressed toward the end of the match that he was managing to keep up the same pace. From what I saw, he chased (within reason) every loose ball, every pass back and every pass between defenders.

It's funny how we view games. Big Dom for me put in a shift and never stopped. Jason was lazy off the ball and clumsy on it. He had a mare and how he lasted 60 mins never mind 90 is baffling.

Thecat23
22-05-2015, 07:13 AM

No one is hounding out the lad. Without his goals we wouldn't be here and I'm sure we are all thankful. Think what people are saying is that he didn't try hard enough and hopefully come sat if he starts he's back to banging them in.

Kato
22-05-2015, 07:21 AM
No one is hounding out the lad. Without his goals we wouldn't be here and I'm sure we are all thankful. Think what people are saying is that he didn't try hard enough and hopefully come sat if he starts he's back to banging them in.

Saying "Not as good as he thinks." seems very harsh.

Thecat23
22-05-2015, 07:23 AM

Yeah that is harsh. I don't knowJason so no idea if he thinks in his head he's made it and it's an easy ride from here. I'm sure he will know he needs to work harder though.

If we go up he will be playing against better teams and will have with less time. For me he needs to get the head down and work hard!

BoomtownHibees
22-05-2015, 07:49 AM

So is folk saying he didn't try

Ronniekirk
22-05-2015, 07:54 AM
It's funny how we view games. Big Dom for me put in a shift and never stopped. Jason was lazy off the ball and clumsy on it. He had a mare and how he lasted 60 mins never mind 90 is baffling.
In first half I had a great view of him from main Bill Struth stand at ibrox ,agree clumsy bit ,nothing was coming off for him and it was affecting his confidence ,but he was doing a lot of harrying and in that sense his work rate was good .Dom is a different type of player and has that natural ability to take the ball in and control it and in his own way he was up for that match apart from not having his shooting boots on and that tendency in the box to sometimes slow the move down and allow that last ditch tackle to be made on him at times

SlickShoes
22-05-2015, 08:45 AM
He had an off day, its unfortunate it's happened on Wednesday but that's football.

I thought Malonga had a good game, but more players had off days than played well so we got beat.

I do think it's harsh singling out cummings, I am 100% sure I'd get pelters if I made another Lewis Stevenson thread even though his error and ball watching was as costly as Jasons miss.

Brightside
22-05-2015, 09:39 AM
He had an off day, its unfortunate it's happened on Wednesday but that's football.

I thought Malonga had a good game, but more players had off days than played well so we got beat.

I do think it's harsh singling out cummings, I am 100% sure I'd get pelters if I made another Lewis Stevenson thread even though his error and ball watching was as costly as Jasons miss.

I dont think either of the strikers had a good game. But thats football. The greatest players on earth have plenty of bad games. I also would have subbed JC - but Stubbs obv isnt confident in the fitness of the other strikers.

Jason has a huge amount to learn, and he knows that. He'll miss a hell of a lot more than he will score, but i'd much rather have him on our team than anyone elses.

db03
22-05-2015, 09:47 AM
I don't think Cummings would be getting half the stick he is, if the manager had done his job properly on Wednesday and hooked him after an hour or even half time?

got to agree with that. Was amazed Stubbs left him on

truehibernian
22-05-2015, 09:51 AM
John Robertson and Ally McCoist used to have utter stinkers of games........yet when it mattered most, they invariably were in the 6 yard box sniffing a goal out and went home the match hero.

Jason has arrogance - immature but in a good way - and I'd be surprised if he was dropped. Given what happened recently in the media, I think a full, supportive Easter Road is exactly what this young man needs and thrives on.

So get right behind him.......it's not his fault we lost at Ibrox, however he was a huge huge part of us getting second - so focus on his positives please and roar him on to a goal or two tomorrow :aok:

Bad Martini
22-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Cummings and Malonga are the top and 4th top scorers in the league respectively. Scoring 18 and 13 respectively. NEITHER scored against Rangers. BOTH have scored more than anyone else at Easter Road this season.

Cummings is 19 years old and will learn. I actually agree; he didnt cover himself in glory but I dont think he spent the game walking about not giving a toss. He clearly takes fitba seriously and the grudge he holds against the yams proves that. He wants to win.

FWIW, I watched him before (a lot of) people on here, whilst attending the development team games. I recall seeing him score one of the best overhead kicks I have ever seen, from all of 18 yards and nobody touched it, or got close.

I still maintain the point I made back then and what I said earlier this season (before) he was top scorer. He WILL continue to improve and he'll come good. Some folk do love to stick the boot into our players...funny someone should mention Riordan as he often got similar treatment by so many, even when he was our top scorer....folk expected him to be a defensive/midfield and goal scoring stalwart.

Let's see how he responds. I thought he should've been hooked at the time as he wasn't firing. It's a gamble Stubbs has made. I can see him doing a Sparky tho, getting a couple and getting grief for doing the big **** you gesture to some of our "fans". You know what....I ****ing hope he does too as it'll mean he's burried at least one, ideally two and better still a hattrick.:greengrin

MON CUMMINGS........:agree::thumbsup:

Big_Franck
22-05-2015, 11:46 AM
I think Jason will get the first goal tomorrow. If we could go two up inside 15 minutes again that would be great :greengrin

yekimevol
22-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Gents everyone has the bad games, JC had one against rangers. He will come through as a good player. Remember not that long ago (around when ronaldo got POTY) people question if messi was still as good, he has proved them wrong, JC will prove in time that he can score goals in the top flight of scottish football.

Billy Whizz
22-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Rangers fans gave him pelters the other night, for something he wasn't involved in. Hope he rans it up then tomortow with a hat-trick