PDA

View Full Version : Policing this evening

davemcbain
20-05-2015, 09:57 PM
So far tonight I have been sufficiently irritated that I've written to Hibernian FC, Police Scotland and the SPFL

The level of abuse levelled at our players tonight (ie missiles) was a disgrace to Scottish football. Actually not that bothered about the result (if you can't score, you don't win), but when young players can't even take a corner without being subjected to a hail of missiles and police and stewards stand there like they weren't paid to do a job, I am afraid the sporting contest takes second stream.

Utter disgrace to our national sport (been there when it was us supporters, but never seen the level that we were publically exposed to tonight at the players).

Got no respect for anyone involved in security at that stadium this evening.

Boyle89
20-05-2015, 10:00 PM
What was being thrown?

GlasgowHibee
20-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Describing scrunched up bits of paper as missiles, get over yourself mate. They'll probably use your letter as the ammunition next time.

SunshineOnLeith
20-05-2015, 10:05 PM
What was being thrown?

At first it was just the crumpled up cards from their display but the complete lack of action from the stewards/police definitely emboldened them and there was all sorts of flotsam and jetsam flying Allan's way when taking corners.

Swedish hibee
20-05-2015, 10:06 PM
What was being thrown?

:confused: Busy were you?

Where the hell was the police & stewards? The TV clearly showed some culprits. And nothing was done.

hibIBZ
20-05-2015, 10:08 PM
People complaining at Allans delivery when there was all manner of things being thrown at him.... Shocking policing

hibee_girl
20-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Describing scrunched up bits of paper as missiles, get over yourself mate. They'll probably use your letter as the ammunition next time.

Doesn't really matter what they were throwing, the point is they were allowed to do it continuously

BoomtownHibees
20-05-2015, 10:10 PM

Have you seen when Allan has to go over and get rid of what looks like a drumstick that has been thrown at him??

God Petrie
20-05-2015, 10:11 PM
Throw things at rangers players on Saturday and see what happens. You will be ejected, barred and potentially charged. A disgrace.

SeanWilson
20-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Doesn't really matter what they were throwing, the point is they were allowed to do it continuously

Away.... so ****ing what... we were playing rankers at hunbrox... is anything less expected. Truth is, our team are paid to go out and have a game of football - if i were paid to play football and had some paper planes thrown at me in the process... i dont think i'd be that arsed.... :rolleyes:

Carheenlea
20-05-2015, 10:13 PM

Try throwing some from the away corner next time and see how you get on.

cabbage_88
20-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Honestly never seen as bad policing in my life. Actually worse than ever before which is hard! Absolute disgrace. If the ball was getting kept in the hibs end or missiles thrown at rangers players there would have been about 100 arrests. Absolute disgrace from the weegie polis who never fail to amuse, disgusting

Carheenlea
20-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Just to make it clear - there was a lot more than paper balls being thrown.
Steward nearest us was sporting a Rangers wrist band/bracelet, so kind of shows what your up against.

emerald green
20-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Nobody surely can be surprised that Hibs players and supporters were given "the treatment" at Ibrox, and the police and stewards did hee haw about it?

It's always been like that. Probably worse in days gone bye. Nothing is going to change now. It's actually a wonder so many people (away fans I mean) still attend these matches. Especially if you are wearing green and white.

Many people have said that everything possible would be done to get The Rangers into the top flight. Tonight was just another part of that - intimidate opposition players and supporters as much as possible, and know you will get away with it. Same old story I'm afraid.

Stantons Angel
20-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Honestly never seen as bad policing in my life. Actually worse than ever before which is hard! Absolute disgrace. If the ball was getting kept in the hibs end or missiles thrown at rangers players there would have been about 100 arrests. Absolute disgrace from the weegie polis who never fail to amuse, disgusting

I have never been surprised with what goes on at Ibrox and is dished our by their support those crunched up bits of paper were being thrown on to the pitch and at Scott everytime he took a corner at that side What got me was the two guys coming on to the park when the game went on, distracting the keeper each time! i asked a cop behind me if this was going to go on throughout the game and his answer was that it was over the other side and nothing to do with him!!!!! Nothing changes at Ibrox and writing to the authorities wont get noticed either, we have tried it often The SFA are dead nuts to getting rangers back into the premier division so they wont give a monkeys how they do it! The one way we can get passed these **** is to beat them at Easter Road on Saturday, there is another ninety minutes go!

Delboy4
20-05-2015, 10:54 PM
Nobody surely can be surprised that Hibs players and supporters were given "the treatment" at Ibrox, and the police and stewards did hee haw about it?

It's always been like that. Probably worse in days gone bye. Nothing is going to change now. It's actually a wonder so many people (away fans I mean) still attend these matches. Especially if you are wearing green and white.

Many people have said that everything possible would be done to get The Rangers into the top flight. Tonight was just another part of that - intimidate opposition players and supporters as much as possible, and know you will get away with it. Same old story I'm afraid.

Thats why I said on a previous post, let's get behind OUR FOOTBALL TEAM on Saturday AND surround their fans and intimidate their players just like what they do and have done to us for 50 years!

That might give us a goal or two of a start...?

But NO, most of our support roll over and take it up the jacksy!

Lets come out in force on Saturday and fight to the end with our team...GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Away.... so ****ing what... we were playing rankers at hunbrox... is anything less expected. Truth is, our team are paid to go out and have a game of football - if i were paid to play football and had some paper planes thrown at me in the process... i dont think i'd be that arsed.... :rolleyes:

I think you are what is referred to as a submissive .... look it up :aok:

kaimendhibs
Police and stewards were a disgrace tonight as usual!

ekhibee
what about that little tosser in the red top that the BT cameras kept focussing on?

Boyle89
:confused: Busy were you?

Where the hell was the police & stewards? The TV clearly showed some culprits. And nothing was done.

Working...

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2015, 10:58 PM
Thats why I said on a previous post, let's get behind OUR FOOTBALL TEAM on Saturday AND surround their fans and intimidate their players just like what they do and have done to us for 50 years!

That might give us a goal or two of a start...?

But NO, most of our support roll over and take it up the jacksy!

Lets come out in force on Saturday and fight to the end with our team...GGTTH

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Pretty Boy
20-05-2015, 11:02 PM
You know what always gets me?

A group of guys standing opposite another group of guys gesticulating at each other, drawing their hand across their throats, pointing and screaming that they'll see them outside etc when there is nothing more than a flimsy piece of cloth, about 10 seats and 2 stewards who couldn't give a **** between them. If you're that mental just have a square go there and then, you'd look ridiculous but no more so than you do anyway.

I didn't actually think it was too bad tonight, throwing stuff on the park was poor and should be dealt with, keeping the ball was annoying because it affected us but I've seen similar at ER before it's hardly crime of the century. As I said a lot of pointing and handbags at 100 paces but I never felt particularly threatened at any point.

Gus
20-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Makes F all difference if it's a lighter or a screwed up paper, it was distracting and the reason for sufficient policing and stewarding is to protect players from potential hazards, again, SPFL the corrupt wedgie police need to have a look at themselves. Personally I'm heading to ER on Saturday with an abundance of tennis balls and missiles to chuck at the rangers players and no f's are given

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2015, 11:06 PM
This was not a few objects thrown on a couple of occasions ( by the way, it is irrelevant whether it was paper or a brick ) ... objects were throw at our keeper and at Scott Allan throughout the game and The Rangers did nothing to stop it. Screw sour grapes, if I was the owner of Hibs I would be at the SPFL tomorrow morning demanding a replay behind closed doors. At the very least I would bar the Huns from the 2nd leg and refund their money.

Andy74
20-05-2015, 11:07 PM

A group of guys standing opposite another group of guys gesticulating at each other, drawing their hand across their throats, pointing and screaming that they'll see them outside etc when there is nothing more than a flimsy piece of cloth, about 10 seats and 2 stewards who couldn't give a **** between them. If you're that mental just have a square go there and then, you'd look ridiculous but no more so than you do anyway.

I didn't actually think it was too bad tonight, throwing stuff on the park was poor and should be dealt with, keeping the ball was annoying because it affected us but I've seen similar at ER before it's hardly crime of the century. As I said a lot of pointing and handbags at 100 paces but I never felt particularly threatened at any point.

Yeah, thought it was alright too.

The pretend stand offs are quite funny. How people can get so wound up is beyond me but interesting to watch.

I don't really care for what they sing at Ibrox but you have to admit it's quite an impressive noise when they get going.

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2015, 11:12 PM

The pretend stand offs are quite funny. How people can get so wound up is beyond me but interesting to watch.

I don't really care for what they sing at Ibrox but you have to admit it's quite an impressive noise when they get going.

So is my arse

essexhibee
20-05-2015, 11:12 PM
what about that little tosser in the red top that the BT cameras kept focussing on?

What an arse. More bothered about throwing paper than the game. Oh well a ****my Rangers ned that will amount to nothing in life most likely. That will be his life highlight. Fud.

Scottie
20-05-2015, 11:17 PM

Sorry Andy there is nothing whatsoever impressive about them at all or else you like the noise of 40,000 biggots singing the Sash. :confused:

Hermit Crab
20-05-2015, 11:18 PM
Makes F all difference if it's a lighter or a screwed up paper, it was distracting and the reason for sufficient policing and stewarding is to protect players from potential hazards, again, SPFL the corrupt wedgie police need to have a look at themselves. Personally I'm heading to ER on Saturday with an abundance of tennis balls and missiles to chuck at the rangers players and no f's are given

Im sure you are.....

Liberal Hibby
20-05-2015, 11:22 PM
The point is surely to make the return leg equally intimadating?

Sir David Gray
20-05-2015, 11:22 PM

Inside the ground, I would agree totally.

Outside the stadium, before the match, it was a completely different story.

I was caught up in some heavy M8 traffic which meant I wasn't in the car park until about 7:35pm and about 10 minutes before that, I was driving along Edmiston Drive behind a Hibs minibus and we were stuck in a queue approaching the roundabout to go onto Broomloan Road. The Hibs fans on the minibus were kissing the Hibs badge on their shirts and giving the finger to the Sevco fans walking up the street. Most of them walking by reciprocated by giving the finger back and kissing their own badge which I don't have an issue with.

Then we had a crowd walking by, most of whom were in their 30s and two guys in particular were going absolutely off their heads at the Hibs fans on the minibus. They began by spitting several times at the windows of the minibus before one of them started to haul at the emergency opening of the minibus as he attempted to get inside and then proceeded to boot it with his foot several times. The driver must have done something to prevent the door from opening because I noticed that one part of the door was slightly ajar.

Then there was another guy behind him, who can only be described as being a cross between E.T. and Sid the Sloth from Ice Age, giving the guys on the bus a Nazi salute and then another crowd behind them were belting out the full rendition of The Billy Boys.

It was a very intimidating experience for myself and given that I was dressed in green and white, I feared that my car was going to be next in line to be booted and spat on.

These people seriously are the dregs of society and of absolutely no use to anybody. They are almost like a subspecies to mankind.

Smartie
20-05-2015, 11:24 PM
I thought Allan's corners were much better from the side of the pitch where he was being pelted by objects compared with the hopeless ones he put into the box from in front of our own fans.

Billy Whizz
20-05-2015, 11:25 PM
I thought Allan's corners were much better from the side of the pitch where he was being pelted by objects compared with the hopeless ones he put into the box from in front of our own fans.

Why is he the only one who takes corners?

Smartie
20-05-2015, 11:27 PM

No idea.

Craig takes a decent corner and they looked to struggle a bit when Allan whipped them in on top of their keeper from our left - I thought Craig would have been worth a shot from the other side at some point.

I'm not too mad of Allan as a set-piece taker tbh although I think he is an absolutely cracking footballer.

Andy74
20-05-2015, 11:28 PM

Dunno. I'd have Craig taking from the left footed side.

Delboy4
20-05-2015, 11:46 PM

I was caught up in some heavy M8 traffic which meant I wasn't in the car park until about 7:35pm and about 10 minutes before that, I was driving along Edmiston Drive behind a Hibs minibus and we were stuck in a queue approaching the roundabout to go onto Broomloan Road. The Hibs fans on the minibus were kissing the Hibs badge on their shirts and giving the finger to the Sevco fans walking up the street. Most of them walking by reciprocated by giving the finger back and kissing their own badge which I don't have an issue with.

Then we had a crowd walking by, most of whom were in their 30s and two guys in particular were going absolutely off their heads at the Hibs fans on the minibus. They began by spitting several times at the windows of the minibus before one of them started to haul at the emergency opening of the minibus as he attempted to get inside and then proceeded to boot it with his foot several times. The driver must have done something to prevent the door from opening because I noticed that one part of the door was slightly ajar.

Then there was another guy behind him, who can only be described as being a cross between E.T. and Sid the Sloth from Ice Age, giving the guys on the bus a Nazi salute and then another crowd behind them were belting out the full rendition of The Billy Boys.

It was a very intimidating experience for myself and given that I was dressed in green and white, I feared that my car was going to be next in line to be booted and spat on.

These people seriously are the dregs of society and of absolutely no use to anybody. They are almost like a subspecies to mankind.

I am originaly from Edinburgh and now live in Livingston and I can say that the further west you travel which I have done through playing football it gets worse...
...also when following the Hibees to that place called Ibrox, I absolutely hate it because they the fans are on a different planet. I took my girlfriend last year (her first time) to watch Hibs at Ibrox and she was totally scared out her wits end because of the animals that were throwing anything they could get their hands on at us!
Even when we went to go to the underground the hatred, the evil that comes out of their mouths is frighning.

I also had the delight in receiving 8 free tickets for the Rangers v Chelsea FRIENDLY TOURNAMENT a few years ago which I took business clients along to...MY GOD, I was sitting in amongst THEM and can I say that was the most frightening thing has happened in my lifetime!
A Rangers fan was giving it loud and every second word was worse than the other WHEN A GIRL ASKED HIM TO STOP THE ABUSIVE LANGUAGE...what did he do?? HE ran down a couple of stairs AND WHACKED HER IN THE CHOPS, I thought he broke her jaw!
Now the moral of th story is, the stewards took him up the stairs to where you buy your BLUE BURGERS etc...gave him a ticking down AND LET HIM BACK IN to watch the rest of the game!

If anyone says they are ok or it was just paper that was thrown tonight, well what could it be the next time they throw something?

shetlandhibee
21-05-2015, 12:13 AM
:top marks
This was not a few objects thrown on a couple of occasions ( by the way, it is irrelevant whether it was paper or a brick ) ... objects were throw at our keeper and at Scott Allan throughout the game and The Rangers did nothing to stop it. Screw sour grapes, if I was the owner of Hibs I would be at the SPFL tomorrow morning demanding a replay behind closed doors. At the very least I would bar the Huns from the 2nd leg and refund their money.

givescotlandfreedom
21-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Posted this on another thread and Kaimendhibs was next to me at the time and spoke out too. Kind of embarrassing some of our own are defending this ***** too by the way:
Had a discussion with a couple of stewards at full time. Fair to say the don't care. One was laughing at us and the other made up a story about getting assaulted at Easter Road when working the end. I asked what stand he was in and he said he was at the segregation. When I told him there wasn't a segregation at Easter Road he hot angry and went to complain to the police and other stewards about me. His colleague calender and asked what he said and told me he was lying and was trying to wind us up. Same old.

silverhibee
21-05-2015, 12:37 AM
[/B]

Im sure you are.....

Everybody should take a toilet roll and chuck them at there players everytime they have a corner :greengrin:cb, and the f***ers of vile fans should be locked in the ground after the game so we can get away early for a change, tonight was the f***ing usual, locked in the ground, then ages to get out the car park, and don't get me started on the traffic getting out, nightmare.

davemcbain
21-05-2015, 06:41 AM
To those who comment "it's just paper" - 2 reponses, it wasn't and even if it was, when its being thrown from behind you...you don't know that! I guarantee however it will affect your ability to do what you are trying to do (in the case of Hibs players - win promotion!)

To those who comment let's give them the same at ER - let's not. Don't sink to that level.

Instead write to Hibs to ask for a response from the club, write to Police Scotand and ask why their officers were not doing the job they were paid for on the night. If enough people do that, they may just be forced to look into itl Might not affect the result, but if enough people do it, then perhaps some of those neanderthals will be banned from the ground and one day some of us may feel it safe to take our kids to that ground.

heretoday
21-05-2015, 07:42 AM
It's like we are back in the 60s again. Missiles coming on to the pitch. The TV clearly identified the culprit. A guy in a bright red top. But what was the "match commander" doing? Probably practising the flute in the concourse.

Sylar
21-05-2015, 07:57 AM
I once asked a good friend of mine, a police officer, why they aren't seen to make more arrests in football stadia in Scotland - his response was that there's too much risk to them wading into the middle of large crowds to deal with it and that it's dealt with afterwards via cameras etc (i.e., an 'institutional' response, par for the course).

The above would be all well and good if there was actual evidence they DID do something about these types of incidents afterwards.

The 'it was just paper' argument is hogwash as it could quite easily have been something much more severe - the point is that there was nothing to discourage them from doing it and so if they wanted to escalate, they could have done so quite easily and in some instances on TV, the objects certainly looked a lot sturdier than crunched up paper balls.

Albanian Hibs
21-05-2015, 08:03 AM
Seen 2 cups of juice (assuming it was juice and not piss) getting thrown into the hibs end after their first goal. One came from the top tier. Stewards and police did f all as per.

Deek01
21-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Sure there's a video going about of a drumstick being thrown at Scott Allan

kaimendhibs
21-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Sure there's a video going about of a drumstick being thrown at Scott Allan

There is

Baader
21-05-2015, 10:19 AM

No it's not.

Andy74
21-05-2015, 10:27 AM
No it's not.

I think when you compare it to anywhere else that we travel to or the players play in, when they score and make that noise for certain periods it is unlike the other atmospheres. As I said the content of it isn't my thing, I don't hear or understand half of it anyway mind you.

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2015, 10:27 AM
One of our group was pulled up for having the audacity to puff on an electronic vapouriser, at the same time they were singing sectarian songs, throwing things onto pitch, and at Hibs fans, whilst stewards and police did nothing.

I asked police why they get away with sectarian songs, and was informed that they are being monitored by cctv....Nothing will be done.

A special mention to the policewoman, who stood and watched a couple of their fans, taunting a hibbee for the whole game, (not even watching the game), and told the hibbee not to retaliate....

Only in Scotland......:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
21-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Seen 2 cups of juice (assuming it was juice and not piss) getting thrown into the hibs end after their first goal. One came from the top tier. Stewards and police did f all as per.

Saw a couple of them start up a chant of the billy boys in the first half yesterday and the police officer in charge of that area just leaned over and put his finger to his mouth in a shoosh sign.

S4uzee
21-05-2015, 10:47 AM
I seen a steward on the track standing mouthing off to Hibs fans, that's what your up against

southsider
21-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Shouldnt take there allocation up next time the way people get treated is it really worth it.
It was one of the reasons that I stopped to football at ibrox. I have heard the hate filled gunge they call "wur heritage" once to often thank you. You can only interbreed in Larkhall and Airdrie so many times before..... well the movie deliverance springs to mind. Think it will be a cold day in hell before I return.

Baldy Foghorn
21-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Shouldnt take there allocation up next time the way people get treated is it really worth it.

Eh no, some of us wants to go there no matter what they dish up.....

Smartie
21-05-2015, 02:54 PM
It was one of the reasons that I stopped to football at ibrox. I have heard the hate filled gunge they call "wur heritage" once to often thank you. You can only interbreed in Larkhall and Airdrie so many times before..... well the movie deliverance springs to mind. Think it will be a cold day in hell before I return.

I went to Ibrox last night for the first time in yonks.

I quite enjoyed it if the truth be told. Quite hostile, quite intimidating at times but nothing was ever out of hand. Could have been interesting if we'd played better and got a result though.

I reckon much of what is said about Ibrox is exaggerated. You have to learn to turn a blind eye to numbskulls goading you for 90 minutes but having lived in Scotland my whole life I'm used to blocking out hun reprobates and their pish.

It was a lot worse 20 years ago and 1000000% worse 20 years before that I'm sure (I wasn't around in those days).

brog
21-05-2015, 02:59 PM
I'm amazed at some of the comments on this thread, either accepting the situation, or worse IMO, suggesting we drag ourselves down to the level of those Neanderthals at Ibrox by retaliating on Saturday. I'm 100% behind the OP. I believe we now have a Board who will listen to & take action re these unacceptable actions. I would encourage anyone who witnessed these activities last night to advise our management & demand action. It may seem futile to our younger fans but in these days of social media we really do have much more opportunity to effect change than we did 40 or 50 years ago when supporting Hibs in Glasgow required faith/bravery/stupidity on an extraordinary scale.

Onceinawhile
21-05-2015, 04:01 PM
I'll be taking a pack of A4 card into one of the corners and just standing lobbing it at any Rangers corner takers seeing as it's OK.

Albanian Hibs
21-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Noticed the wee tinks with the god save the queen union flag right beside the segregation at the back were chucked out at half time. They had no interest in the match and were just there to air their party songs.

Pretty Boy
21-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Eh no, some of us wants to go there no matter what they dish up.....

:agree:

For all the baggage that goes with it it's easily my favourite away trip. Ibrox is a very good football stadium and there's nothing quite like winning there, which I've been fortunate enough to see us do several times (admittedly I've sat through a fair few humpings as well).

emerald green
21-05-2015, 04:40 PM

You almost sound like you wanted to join in. :crazy:

Andy74
21-05-2015, 04:49 PM
You almost sound like you wanted to join in. :crazy:

Yeah, obviously.

easty
21-05-2015, 04:59 PM
I'll be taking a pack of A4 card into one of the corners and just standing lobbing it at any Rangers corner takers seeing as it's OK.

Are you allowed to take your own packs of A4 card in, or do you have to buy it in the stadium?

Fergos
21-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Has anyone taken these issues up with the club / polis etc?

GGTTH

Peevemor
21-05-2015, 07:04 PM

:agree: As long as you keep it in the pack.

Carheenlea
21-05-2015, 07:35 PM
I think when you compare it to anywhere else that we travel to or the players play in, when they score and make that noise for certain periods it is unlike the other atmospheres. As I said the content of it isn't my thing, I don't hear or understand half of it anyway mind you.

I have been going to Ibrox for Hibs games for some 20 years now, and I`ve never seen a Rangers goal celebrated as wildly, or as loudly by the Rangers fans as they did for Nicky Clark`s last night.
I`ve never been to an Old Firm game, but imagine the noise levels for that goal to be akin to goals against Celtic.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-05-2015, 07:52 PM
I`ve never been to an Old Firm game, but imagine the noise levels for that goal to be akin to goals against Celtic.

It's not all its made out to be, a lot of the fuds spend most of their time watching each other instead of the game. I suppose if you have been brought up amongst all the sectarian pish that surrounds the game thats almost understandable. It was a game to tick off the list but, no more than that really.

Sir David Gray
21-05-2015, 07:55 PM
It's not all its made out to be, a lot of the fuds spend most of their time watching each other instead of the game. I suppose if you have been brought up amongst all the sectarian pish that surrounds the game thats almost understandable. It was a game to tick off the list but, no more than that really.

I wouldn't thank you for a ticket for a Sevco-Celtic match.

I don't see the appeal of listening to thousands of people singing about battles in another country from hundreds of years ago, which most of them don't have a clue what they're singing about.

Jim44
21-05-2015, 08:32 PM

I can understand but not agree with your dismissive attitude to this issue. The absolute fact is that it wouldn't have been allowed to happen at an old firm match. If Rangers had been able to win the odd corner and been subjected to the same treatment, the ref would have taken action. I really can't understand (well I can really) why the ref and the police turned a blind eye. If one of these 'innocent' missiles happened to contain a coin or other object and had injured a player, the ref wouldn't have had a leg to stand on. This was intimidation and intentionally ignored. Why doesn't the SFA publicly announce that the throwing of soft missiles will now be accepted at any point of any game in the SPFL. Ridiculous, eh? No more ridiculous than what was blatantly condoned last night.

Sir David Gray
21-05-2015, 08:37 PM
I can understand but not agree with your dismissive attitude to this issue. The absolute fact is that it wouldn't have been allowed to happen at an old firm match. If Rangers had been able to win the odd corner and been subjected to the same treatment, the ref would have taken action. I really can't understand (well I can really) why the ref and the police turned a blind eye. If one of these 'innocent' missiles happened to contain a coin or other object and had injured a player, the ref wouldn't have had a leg to stand on. This was intimidation and intentionally ignored. Why doesn't the SFA publicly announce that the throwing of soft missiles will now be accepted at any point of any game in the SPFL. Ridiculous, eh? No more ridiculous than what was blatantly condoned last night.

It would have been interesting if Stubbs had called the players off the pitch, had it got any worse.

Pretty Boy
21-05-2015, 08:37 PM
I have been going to Ibrox for Hibs games for some 20 years now, and I`ve never seen a Rangers goal celebrated as wildly, or as loudly by the Rangers fans as they did for Nicky Clark`s last night.

I really can't see what Andy has said that has provoked such a reaction from some.

The atmosphere last night was superb and both fans played their part. The noise after both Rangers goals was almost deafening. There's nothing controversial about saying the Rangers support last night was very loud and well up for it, it's just a fact. Ibrox as a stadium is conductive to a good atmosphere, it's suprisingly tight, the stands are high and tower over the park and it seems to keep noise in well.

If it wasn't for the unfortunate owners I'd rate it as one of my favourite football grounds.

Scouse Hibee
21-05-2015, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't thank you for a ticket for a Sevco-Celtic match.

I don't see the appeal of listening to thousands of people singing about battles in another country from hundreds of years ago, which most of them don't have a clue what they're singing about.

I must be pretty much in the minority as I just don't listen to it, I concentrate on what's happening on the pitch not off it, never really understood how it effects folk so much, can honestly say I switch off to it, yes can hear noise but that's all I hear.

S4uzee
21-05-2015, 08:47 PM

I really can't see what Andy has said that has provoked such a reaction from some.

The atmosphere last night was superb and both fans played their part. The noise after both Rangers goals was almost deafening. There's nothing controversial about saying the Rangers support last night was very loud and well up for it, it's just a fact. Ibrox as a stadium is conductive to a good atmosphere, it's suprisingly tight, the stands are high and tower over the park and it seems to keep noise in well.

If it wasn't for the unfortunate owners I'd rate it as one of my favourite football grounds.
It was a good atmosphere. It's just better when Hibs score at these places as the celebrations are wild

Sir David Gray
21-05-2015, 08:52 PM
I must be pretty much in the minority as I just don't listen to it, I concentrate on what's happening on the pitch not off it, never really understood how it effects folk so much, can honestly say I switch off to it, yes can hear noise but that's all I hear.

Most of the big game bucket lists are only on a bucket list because that person wants to experience the atmosphere of the crowd and the intensity of the fans.

It's not, in the main, because they think they might see a fantastic game of football.

Pretty Boy
21-05-2015, 08:53 PM
It was a good atmosphere. It's just better when Hibs score at these places as the celebrations are wild

Indeed, no argument from me.

Scouse Hibee
21-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Most of the big game bucket lists are only on a bucket list because that person wants to experience the atmosphere of the crowd and the intensity of the fans.

It's not, in the main, because they think they might see a fantastic game of football.

I agree however the atmosphere to me is created by the sheer noise of the crowd and the volume increasing according to what happens on the pitch, I genuinely couldn't tell you half of what is being said or sung as I never actually listen to anything but sheer noise as I am concentrating on the football being played.

leggeto
21-05-2015, 09:01 PM

When we go 3 up on Saturday I'm keeping the ball when I get it

mca
21-05-2015, 09:04 PM
It would have been interesting if Stubbs had called the players off the pitch, had it got any worse.

That's a Good Reason Not to Retaliate !!! McCall will have them off the park in a jiffy if we Lower to their Antics.. :wink:

Then the Press and social media will call us allsorts and drag us thru the mud. :agree:

Gerard
21-05-2015, 10:54 PM
The throwing of items by The Rangers fans and needlessly holding on to the ball IMO shows that some of their fans are child like and need to grow up. The powers that be should do something about this. If this happens at ER then we will get a very heavy fine. I wonder if The Rangers have been fined?:confused:

Sir David Gray
21-05-2015, 11:01 PM
The throwing of items by The Rangers fans and needlessly holding on to the ball IMO shows that some of their fans are child like and need to grow up. The powers that be should do something about this. If this happens at ER then we will get a very heavy fine. I wonder if The Rangers have been fined?:confused:

:faf: I think we both know the answer to that one.

Never mind child like, some of their fans are a different breed altogether, as I said earlier in the thread. I would be worried about my child if they behaved like a lot of Sevco fans seem to behave so for grown men in their 30s and 40s to be acting like that suggests there is something that has gone very wrong from the moment that person was conceived.

It's the only explanation.

Gerard
21-05-2015, 11:09 PM
:faf: I think we both know the answer to that one.

Never mind child like, some of their fans are a different breed altogether, as I said earlier in the thread. I would be worried about my child if they behaved like a lot of Sevco fans seem to behave so for grown men in their 30s and 40s to be acting like that suggests there is something that has gone very wrong from the moment that person was conceived.

It's the only explanation.

Until they can behave they should not get any allocation at our ground. We do not need and want these people to attend our stadium. They have no respect for other people and are a menace to the public safety.

marinello59
22-05-2015, 05:39 AM
Until they can behave they should not get any allocation at our ground. We do not need and want these people to attend our stadium. They have no respect for other people and are a menace to the public safety.

I can't say I have ever felt unsafe inside our stadium at any time no matter who the visitors are. Fitba without away fans in the ground? Not for me.

Delboy4
22-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Can we not keep their supporters in the ground for half an our until we get out?

Naw, we have to walk round half off Easter Road to get to Leith walk. I think they rule the Police through there.

:confused:

liamh2202
22-05-2015, 10:44 AM
I can't say I have ever felt unsafe inside our stadium at any time no matter who the visitors are. Fitba without away fans in the ground? Not for me.

Yeh more of a threat from drunk idiots in our own support than anything else

marinello59
22-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Can we not keep their supporters in the ground for half an our until we get out?

Naw, we have to walk round half off Easter Road to get to Leith walk. I think they rule the Police through there.

:confused:

It does make sense to get them out of the area as quickly as possible, annoying as it is.

linlithgowhibbie
22-05-2015, 11:49 AM

Mind and do it seaf by sheaf or you'll kill the guy!!!!!:thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
22-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Has anyone taken these issues up with the club / polis etc?

GGTTH

No need to mate. Neither Hibs, the SPFL or the media have commented on this and the match officials did nothing on the night, so it must be the case that it is fine to throw stuff at the opposition players at Scottish football matches.

If any Hibby is chucked out for doing that tomorrow the club will have to explain why the let it pass without comment after Wednesday .. as far as I can see they must think its OK :aok:

Gerard
22-05-2015, 12:20 PM
No need to mate. Neither Hibs, the SPFL or the media have commented on this and the match officials did nothing on the night, so it must be the case that it is fine to throw stuff at the opposition players at Scottish football matches.

If any Hibby is chucked out for doing that tomorrow the club will have to explain why the let it pass without comment after Wednesday .. as far as I can see they must think its OK :aok:

It would appear that it is acceptable for Rangers fans to throw things on the pitch and delay the match ball being returned to play, very interesting situation.

Fergos
22-05-2015, 12:57 PM

Aye not seen anything anywhere about these issues.....the sad thing is it isn't surprising that it's been blanked.

All about us making it as intimidating as possible for them tomorrow whilst maintaining behaviour representative of a human level. Something lost on many, not all of those at Sevco.

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2015, 01:20 PM

Really, christ in the late 60s and early 70's the east terrace was like a battleground on occasions. Some games against the huns and even the smellies had battles that the kids these days would class as world war 3.

Seen some bad things on that terrace, bottles cans fighting. My dad stopped going there and moved to the old north enclosure because of how bad it got.

marinello59
22-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Really, christ in the late 60s and early 70's the east terrace was like a battleground on occasions. Some games against the huns and even the smellies had battles that the kids these days would class as world war 3.

Seen some bad things on that terrace, bottles cans fighting. My dad stopped going there and moved to the old north enclosure because of how bad it got.

I meant the stadium as it is now. Our ground wasn't alone in being a battleground back then. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2015, 02:00 PM
I meant the stadium as it is now. Our ground wasn't alone in being a battleground back then. :greengrin

Aye its like a nursery now these days. :greengrin

Canon Hannan
22-05-2015, 03:22 PM

Sorry to hear that you were feeling unsafe. I was on the bus. Nazi salutes, spitting at us and reminding us how sad they are. We were all laughing at them and taking pictures. That went down well hahahaha

Sir David Gray
22-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Sorry to hear that you were feeling unsafe. I was on the bus. Nazi salutes, spitting at us and reminding us how sad they are. We were all laughing at them and taking pictures. That went down well hahahaha

I just couldn't get over the two guys who were trying to get onto the bus and spitting at the windows. They were going mental for a good few minutes, it was unbelievable how grown men could behave like that.

I saw a few of them look over at me and my car and it was quite obvious that I was a Hibs fan as I was wearing a green hoodie. I was quite concerned that my car would be kicked to bits or attacked in some way. I felt threatened enough that I locked my doors until the traffic started moving again.

To call these individuals "animals" would do a disservice to animals.

Absolute $cum.

hibee_girl
23-05-2015, 07:36 AM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/stubbs-angered-by-ibrox-missiles-1-3781156

Canon Hannan
23-05-2015, 09:11 AM
I just couldn't get over the two guys who were trying to get onto the bus and spitting at the windows. They were going mental for a good few minutes, it was unbelievable how grown men could behave like that.

I saw a few of them look over at me and my car and it was quite obvious that I was a Hibs fan as I was wearing a green hoodie. I was quite concerned that my car would be kicked to bits or attacked in some way. I felt threatened enough that I locked my doors until the traffic started moving again.

To call these individuals "animals" would do a disservice to animals.

Absolute $cum.

Trig you are spot on.
Imagine If we win today!
I have to admit many of the baddies were not too happy with these individuals themselves. They just watched though. I would rather support Hearts than that mob any day - There's a discussion thread for you hahaha

KWJ
23-05-2015, 01:25 PM

Should stick them online.