PDA

View Full Version : Farid

Ozyhibby
20-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Needs to play second leg. If we are going to attack down the wings and put in the amount of crosses we did tonight then we need someone who can head the ball in there.
I actually felt we played ok but as usual we don't score the goals our play deserves.
Cummings had a poor game.

bingo70
20-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Baffling decision not to bring him on tonight. Don't get Stubbs thinking at all.

Anyone any ideas what his logic would be for not bringing him on?

RoscoHibby
20-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Agree with this completely. Not only was Cummings poor (and why the **** didn't be slide at that chance?) but the corner count and amount of crosses was ridiculous. Also, malonga was bashing defenders about all night, the big man would have a field day. With us also now chasing the game, seems an obvious choice to me...

erskine-hibby
20-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Baffling decision not to bring him on tonight. Don't get Stubbs thinking at all.

My thoughts exactly.

Waxy
20-05-2015, 09:16 PM
I thought he was going to put Farid on for Cummings. Perhaps we should start with a Farid/Malonga forward line on saturday. It's not over.

Calum68
20-05-2015, 09:18 PM
It wasn't happening for Cummings tonight. He should have been off at 60mins if not before.

If Farid isn't fully fit then what was wrong with giving Djedje a go.

SMAXXA
20-05-2015, 09:18 PM

Furious with the lack of changes to the strike force tonight watched the clock from 60mins hoping and expecting to see farid or even franc but no, all those balls into the box and he have our best air threat striker on the bench :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
20-05-2015, 09:30 PM
He's not played a minute since the semi final has he? Wonder what's up?

erskine-hibby
20-05-2015, 09:33 PM
If he's not fit he shouldn't even be on the bench, make way for one of the younger strikers.

essexhibee
20-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Can't understand for the life of me why he wasn't brought on. Was crying out for him to be.

JimBHibees
20-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Can't understand for the life of me why he wasn't brought on. Was crying out for him to be.

Assume he isn't up to speed. In saying that if he was on the bench surely due 10 mins given the number of corners we had.

JimBHibees
20-05-2015, 09:38 PM
He's not played a minute since the semi final has he? Wonder what's up?

Has a knee injury. Sure Stubbs said he needs a minor op in the summer.

Danderhall Hibs
20-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Has a knee injury. Sure Stubbs said he needs a minor op in the summer.

If he's fit enough for the bench he should be fit enough to play for some part in the match.

scuttle
20-05-2015, 09:43 PM
I thought he was going to put Farid on for Cummings. Perhaps we should start with a Farid/Malonga forward line on saturday. It's not over.

Go for it and play the three of them

JimBHibees
20-05-2015, 09:43 PM
If he's fit enough for the bench he should be fit enough to play for some part in the match.

Agree.

Andy74
20-05-2015, 10:46 PM
I think we were playing well at the end generally but Id have put Farid on fir Cummings.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Bell looked incredibly nervous under high balls, he flapped at the couple he did come for and seemed content to let his defence deal with the rest. Having a physical presence like Farid in there for 25 mins or so would have been interesting.

I said on another thread though I think Stubbs was quite content to stick at 2-0 and have another go on Saturday. Trying to go all out for a goal tonight could have seen us lose a 3rd and that really would have been game over.

jacomo
20-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Bell looked incredibly nervous under high balls, he flapped at the couple he did come for and seemed content to let his defence deal with the rest. Having a physical presence like Farid in there for 25 mins or so would have been interesting.

I said on another thread though I think Stubbs was quite content to stick at 2-0 and have another go on Saturday. Trying to go all out for a goal tonight could have seen us lose a 3rd and that really would have been game over.

You might be right but it's a strange one. A goal would have done wonders tonight.

DTS
20-05-2015, 10:54 PM
As much as Cummings wasn't good tonight I'd have him and El alagui up top at the weekend as I think Cummings will work around frarids knock downs/flick ons better than Malonga and they looked a good pairing in the Derby

kaimendhibs
20-05-2015, 10:57 PM
I'd have all 3 up top

jacomo
20-05-2015, 10:58 PM
As much as Cummings wasn't good tonight I'd have him and El alagui up top at the weekend as I think Cummings will work around frarids knock downs/flick ons better than Malonga and they looked a good pairing in the Derby

Nope. Malonga for me. Jason as sub.

DTS
20-05-2015, 10:58 PM

I just can't see that working at all as a pairing

familyman
20-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Needs to play second leg. If we are going to attack down the wings and put in the amount of crosses we did tonight then we need someone who can head the ball in there.
I actually felt we played ok but as usual we don't score the goals our play deserves.
Cummings had a poor game.
There can be no doubt Cummings is out his depth and while being loyal to players by the manager is all very well THE TEAM must come first and why have a sub who is excellent in the air sit it out...makes no sense ,if he is on the bench he must be fit enough to play..Farid also contributes far more than just a heading ability...essential starter on Sat.....Cummings is stuck at a level and it is a Championship level in my view.e.g.he dives when he should keep on his feet and know when and when not to do that.
We have come far this season but Stubbs has yet to have a plan b or indeed shown as yet how to counter tactics like tonight quickly and effectively.There is still a degree of grit missing in this team, you expect the experienced players to stand up and be counted , driving into the box,taking on 50:50 balls in that area and show a determination where it matters..... Craig ,he did give his all tonight .still though he gets booked for talking back..not a great example, and perhaps shows another shortcoming.Gray was excellent but you cannot do it alone.

eastmainsmsh
21-05-2015, 05:11 AM
:thumbsup:
I'd have all 3 up top

They are there for taking with mcgregor and zaliuslas

Bombscares i wouldve punted long balls at 2-0 down

It ain't over yet gingermullet lol:flag:

JimBHibees
21-05-2015, 10:20 AM
There can be no doubt Cummings is out his depth and while being loyal to players by the manager is all very well THE TEAM must come first and why have a sub who is excellent in the air sit it out...makes no sense ,if he is on the bench he must be fit enough to play..Farid also contributes far more than just a heading ability...essential starter on Sat.....Cummings is stuck at a level and it is a Championship level in my view.e.g.he dives when he should keep on his feet and know when and when not to do that.
We have come far this season but Stubbs has yet to have a plan b or indeed shown as yet how to counter tactics like tonight quickly and effectively.There is still a degree of grit missing in this team, you expect the experienced players to stand up and be counted , driving into the box,taking on 50:50 balls in that area and show a determination where it matters..... Craig ,he did give his all tonight .still though he gets booked for talking back..not a great example, and perhaps shows another shortcoming.Gray was excellent but you cannot do it alone.

That just screams yam imo. He is the top scorer in the league and is 19 years old.

Danderhall Hibs
21-05-2015, 10:47 AM
That just screams yam imo. He is the top scorer in the league and is 19 years old.

It doesn't make sense. His level's championship yet he's out of his depth playing against another championship team?

Someone that outperforms everyone else in his position in the league has found his level? What level are the rest of the strikers in this league at? League 1?

lord bunberry
21-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Have Malonga and Farid ever played up front together? It would be risky dropping Cummings after the amount of goals he's scored, he didn't play well last night, but he's been our most effective striker all season.

Brightside
21-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Id go 433

Ox

Gray Hanlon Fonts Stevenson

Dylan Allan Craig

Dje Malonga Cummings.

S4uzee
21-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Id go 433

Ox

Dylan Allan Craig

Dje Malonga Cummings.
I'd like to see more of DjeDje but he hardly ever seems to feature

JimBHibees
21-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Id go 433

Ox

Dylan Allan Craig

Dje Malonga Cummings.

That midfield would get murdered IMO.

Brightside
21-05-2015, 01:15 PM
That midfield would get murdered IMO.

Dje and Cumming cover the wide area of the pitch when defending. The 3 in the middle are a constant moving triangle ...with passes out wide or into malnga to hold up and lay off for the wide players. Not much came through the middle last night - it was all from the sides. It needs to be something different from the 4 diamond in midfield which simply doesnt create enough chances in the final third as the tip of the diamond doesnt make the attacking runs we need against the stronger teams. We controlled the ball last night - but did very little with it.

ekhibee
22-05-2015, 01:32 AM
Dje and Cumming cover the wide area of the pitch when defending. The 3 in the middle are a constant moving triangle ...with passes out wide or into malnga to hold up and lay off for the wide players. Not much came through the middle last night - it was all from the sides. It needs to be something different from the 4 diamond in midfield which simply doesnt create enough chances in the final third as the tip of the diamond doesnt make the attacking runs we need against the stronger teams. We controlled the ball last night - but did very little with it.
some interesting theories there underscore, and I for one agree with them. I also think that somewhere along the line we need to stifle Vuckic. He's far and away their best player and he's dangerous and fast on the break. Without him, or when he's not involved, they're much weaker IMO.

The_Horde
22-05-2015, 07:19 AM
some interesting theories there underscore, and I for one agree with them. I also think that somewhere along the line we need to stifle Vuckic. He's far and away their best player and he's dangerous and fast on the break. Without him, or when he's not involved, they're much weaker IMO.

Another example of our niceness. They went through Allan on several occasions last night and I don't think I seen us foul Vuckic once.

Ronniekirk
22-05-2015, 07:32 AM

The one thing milke Ashley has done that hasn't screwed them over was give them Vuckic If they go up the money they have paid for him will have been worth it

Ronniekirk
22-05-2015, 07:46 AM

After watching the queen of the South game at Palmerston a lot of the commentators were saying that Stubbs was there so why we persisted going through the middle I have no idea Played into their hands .They were happy to let us control the ball as the game went on ,although in the first twent minutes they weren't as they couldn't get into the game and were rattled Agree re width It's a real pity Boyle got injured just when coming onto a game His pace could of made all the difference .
Agree if we don't do something different the tie will be overStubbs needs to show he can get this one tactically right and needs to show he can change it .
Am now starting to regret being away and missing this one but will be there in spirit and will find a wee pub in Lochgiphead or Tarbert to watch the game Was going to give it a miss after way I felt at ibrox in beside those mutants but if your a true hobby it doesn't take long for that excitement to come flooding back My head says tie is over my heart would never except that ,so for this one will let my heart rule my Head
Moan the Hibees :flag: