PDA

View Full Version : Love Hibs, Hate Football in Scotland

madhatter
20-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Red card should have been given to McGregor for clear scissor tackle.

Things (not just paper) being thrown on pitch and at Hibs players at every opportunity and nothing done.

Vuckic continually jumped into our players and got away with it (including a clear nudge on Robertson in the lead up to their first).

These aren't excuses but I'm getting fed up of one club being allowed to sing whatever they want, throw whatever they want, elbow whoever they want and get away with it.

Sour grapes and all that but football in Scotland is a disgrace.

"Family Stand" is where the stuff was being thrown from as well. Geez they start young then I guess.

I'd suggest we do the same to Cammy Bell on Saturday but maybe we've just got a bit more class? I'd also suggest reporting them by why bother, eh?

Gatecrasher
20-05-2015, 08:47 PM
:agree: It was a bit if a disgrace at times tonight.

Onceinawhile
20-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Nudge?? Vuckic had a blatant intentional hand ball and should have had at least a yellow for his challenge on hanlon (which Rangers got a free kick for!) but didn't get a single yellow.

3 fouls and dissent by shiels nothing, half a foul by Roberton yellow.

Haymaker
20-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Same old, same old.

hibbytam
20-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Red card should have been given to McGregor for clear scissor tackle.

Things (not just paper) being thrown on pitch and at Hibs players at every opportunity and nothing done.

Vuckic continually jumped into our players and got away with it (including a clear nudge on Robertson in the lead up to their first).

These aren't excuses but I'm getting fed up of one club being allowed to sing whatever they want, throw whatever they want, elbow whoever they want and get away with it.

Sour grapes and all that but football in Scotland is a disgrace.

"Family Stand" is where the stuff was being thrown from as well. Geez they start young then I guess.

I'd suggest we do the same to Cammy Bell on Saturday but maybe we've just got a bit more class? I'd also suggest reporting them by why bother, eh?

The one that annoyed me the most is when the ball fell to Cummings through on goal, and the ref brings it back to a freekick to us.

Tricla
20-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Is anyone surprised though?

Hibernia&Alba
20-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Ref was poor and made several decisions against us, but that was expected, sadly, and wasn't why we lost.

Devonhibs
20-05-2015, 09:02 PM
Tooth less in the final third was the problem, not the ref!!!!!!

madhatter
20-05-2015, 09:02 PM
Nudge?? Vuckic had a blatant intentional hand ball and should have had at least a yellow for his challenge on hanlon (which Rangers got a free kick for!) but didn't get a single yellow.

3 fouls and dissent by shiels nothing, half a foul by Roberton yellow.

Yes, the nudge was a kind way of putting his intentional full-bodied leap into the back of Robertson in the build up to their first. The hand-ball you refer to should have of course been a booking, I've not seen such an obvious attempt at cheating going unpunished for a long time...oh wait no...Wallace jumping into Hanlon and the referee waving play-on at ER...oh and as you say Vuckic running at Hanlon who clears the ball and then gets taken out (you are wrong though, ref gave thrown-in to Rangers so completely ignored the foul by Vuckic).

Robertson was also blatantly fouled in the lead up to his booking.

Nando™
20-05-2015, 09:04 PM

Actually, given his failure to give us a correct freekick in the build up to the first goal, he absolutely was part of the problem. He was directly responsible for 50% of tonight's goals.

madhatter
20-05-2015, 09:07 PM

Read my post again, where did I say that it was refs fault? Can I ask though, what you thought of Rangers fans throwing objects on pitch for pretty much 90mins and McGregors' scissors tackle? We lost because we didn't create enough and fell asleep twice but can I ask what the number one priority of the Stewards, Police and the Referee is? Safety of fans and players surely? I'll take the loss but as you can see my gripe was with things that make our football look like it deserves in Eastern Europe in countries that we constantly criticise for their etiquette. I've not seen such behaviour in Scottish football in a long time. Disgrace.

As I also said, these objects were thrown from a stand that could only be comically named "Family Stand".

West hamBERNIAN
20-05-2015, 09:09 PM

Was our biggest problem but they did score directly after one incident where we should of had possession. They very nearly scored at the end from the same thing. Also I've never seen the we've only got one ball tactic for donkeys years. It was an absolute disgrace. Any fine coming for the rangers? 5k?

Ryan69
20-05-2015, 09:09 PM
I simply cannot understand why the fans were allowed to pelt our players with objects???

I certainly hope Hibs will be making a complaint about this as these sort of things change a game too.
Do you think Oxley or Allen could concentrate? Of course ****ing not!

Only in Scotland!

madhatter
20-05-2015, 09:10 PM
I simply cannot understand why the fans were allowed to pelt our players with objects???

I certainly hope Hibs will be making a complaint about this as these sort of things change a game too.

Only in Scotland!

I agree but complaining will do nothing. Football here is corrupt to the core. Rangers can sing sectarian songs and get away with it or didn't you know? Hence why I hate Scottish football.

iwasthere1972
20-05-2015, 09:18 PM

Only in Scotland!

You can stick your mortgage on it if it had been our fans throwing rubbish on the pitch at their players that the polis would have been right in there. Nothing was being done about it by anyone. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out that the paper etc was supplied by the stewards. As far as keeping hold of the ball as well. Aaaaaargggghhh. Barstewards the whole lot of them.

They as usual were an absolute disgrace. Just hope we don't stoop to their level on Saturday.

Its now a tough ask but remember it's only half time.

Suburban Hibby
20-05-2015, 09:33 PM
You can stick your mortgage on it if it had been our fans throwing rubbish on the pitch at their players that the polis would have been right in there. Nothing was being done about it by anyone. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out that the paper etc was supplied by the stewards. As far as keeping hold of the ball as well. Aaaaaargggghhh. Barstewards the whole lot of them.

They as usual were an absolute disgrace. Just hope we don't stoop to their level on Saturday.

Its now a tough ask but remember it's only half time.

It was the one who gave Lewis pelters and then proceeded to push the wheelchair in front of him- Kaunas- the lot of them.

McKenzie
20-05-2015, 09:37 PM
We have to be as hostile on Saturday, obviously without throwing objects on to the park. Abuse their players at every throw in and corner, boo them in possession and support the boys. That's the only way we will win the tie

givescotlandfreedom
20-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Had a discussion with a couple of stewards at full time. Fair to say the don't care. One was laughing at us and the other made up a story about getting assaulted at Easter Road when working the end. I asked what stand he was in and he said he was at the segregation. When I told him there wasn't a segregation at Easter Road he hot angry and went to complain to the police and other stewards about me. His colleague calender and asked what he said and told me he was lying and was trying to wind us up. Same old.

Swedish hibee
20-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Shocking that nothing was done about everything thrown at Hibs players. Why have stewards & police at all? And why couldn't the ref stop the game & get the sleeping police to sort it?

givescotlandfreedom
20-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Apparently the were sorting it out. Just they did that by doing nothing except trying to intimate us.

Hibeesmad
20-05-2015, 11:42 PM
I think we should actually just throw 'paper balls' at them and see how they take it?

kaimendhibs
20-05-2015, 11:47 PM
Had a discussion with a couple of stewards at full time. Fair to say the don't care. One was laughing at us and the other made up a story about getting assaulted at Easter Road when working the end. I asked what stand he was in and he said he was at the segregation. When I told him there wasn't a segregation at Easter Road he hot angry and went to complain to the police and other stewards about me. His colleague calender and asked what he said and told me he was lying and was trying to wind us up. Same old.

Heard it all and chiped up.liars and cheats

wearehibernian
21-05-2015, 01:02 AM
Yep, Scottish Football is completely corrupt! The whole thing reeked of it when they focused on King at the final whistle. Despite the SFA's 'stringent' controls this 'club' still operates...
I must admit I was pretty pissed off at yet another big game failure. But strangely I feel we have an over abundance left in the tank. For that reason all good hibees (and genuine football fans) should show up on Saturday and embrace total vitriol towards the embers of a dying era. Both in a football and political sense...
:flag:

McD
21-05-2015, 07:09 AM
The club should make a public complaint to Police Scotland, and the stewarding company, and demand a response. Make sure it's in the press, and that our lawyers are looking into what steps can be taken for failure to perform duties regarding the safety of public and players.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-05-2015, 07:16 AM
We have to be as hostile on Saturday, obviously without throwing objects on to the park. Abuse their players at every throw in and corner, boo them in possession and support the boys. That's the only way we will win the tie

I presume your taking the mick? Only way?