20-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Sing up lads/lassies, LOUD & PROUD :gwa:

Keith_M
20-05-2015, 06:48 PM
Gaun yersels!

:thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
20-05-2015, 06:51 PM
They'll do us proud. Hopefully the team give them/us a display.

Andy74
20-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Probably a few still in that traffic leaving!

I gave up and headed out to Braehead to cut back the way.

GreenArmyyy!
20-05-2015, 11:45 PM
Probably a few still in that traffic leaving!

I gave up and headed out to Braehead to cut back the way.

That traffic was a disgrace. Just arrived home in Cockenzie!

silverhibee
20-05-2015, 11:47 PM
Traffic going and coming back was a mare.

kaimendhibs
20-05-2015, 11:49 PM
Traffic Awful

Sir David Gray
20-05-2015, 11:50 PM

:agree: I only got back into Falkirk about 11:30pm and I got out of the car park just after 10pm!

It took about 30 mins to get from the car park at Ibrox onto the motorway. :bitchy:

The same on the way in. I was within about 2 miles of the stadium at just after 7pm. I eventually got into the car park at 7:35pm.

BigKev
21-05-2015, 05:39 AM
Traffic was worse than I've ever seen there. Got home to Liberton about 12:40 and that was after circling Glasgow.

It really shouldn't take 2 and a half hours to get home from Glasgow.

Anyway, on topic, I thought the support tonight was a lot quieter than our two previous league visits there this season. Obviously getting beat was a factor but definitely more subdued.

Albanian Hibs
21-05-2015, 08:11 AM
Traffic was worse than I've ever seen there. Got home to Liberton about 12:40 and that was after circling Glasgow.

It really shouldn't take 2 and a half hours to get home from Glasgow.

Anyway, on topic, I thought the support tonight was a lot quieter than our two previous league visits there this season. Obviously getting beat was a factor but definitely more subdued.

You must have went the same way as me. Got back to Southhouse at 12.30 after deciding to head away along the paisley rd then circling glasgow and the outskirts due to the closure of all the m8 slip roads. It was a bloody nightmare.

Bill Milne
21-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Our bus (Carlton) left the car park at about 10.10pm and got to Corstorphine at 11.10pm. Common sense driving to take the new motorway out of the Weedge, frankly.

Billy Whizz
21-05-2015, 08:18 AM
Traffic going to and after the game was unreal. Left west Edunburgh just before 5.30pm, sailed along M8 until I got with 4/5 miles of Glagow, then took me almost an hour to get to the ground. Got in 2 mins before ko.
In the way back took me an hour to get on the m8. Really nice of Glasgow's finest to lock us in, then rather that let us go straight upto the motorway, they sent us West up by Asda govan. If they'd put some traffic control in place, we could have got onto the M8 a lot quicker

SQHib
21-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Our bus (Carlton) left the car park at about 10.10pm and got to Corstorphine at 11.10pm. Common sense driving to take the new motorway out of the Weedge, frankly.

Good move Bill - that means you left the car patk same time as me and got to Newbridge about the same time I got onto Junction 24 of M8 outside Ibrox - just rounded off a depressing night !!

Andy74
21-05-2015, 08:20 AM

Cars didn't get to go the right way though to get on the motorway in the first place. Buses were getting let through the cones by the looks of it.

Billy Whizz
21-05-2015, 08:27 AM
Cars didn't get to go the right way though to get on the motorway in the first place. Buses were getting let through the cones by the looks of it.

Was coned off when I got to the roundabout

Jay
21-05-2015, 08:34 AM

We couldn't get out the car park for over half an hour. The road was completely blocked off. We were one of the last cars to leave the car park, the traffic was crawling all the way, It was 10.40 before we were even on the motorway.

Andy74
21-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Was coned off when I got to the roundabout

Yep, I sat there on the stretch just after the cones for about half an hour without moving before I decided just to go up the outside and see what happened when I drove straight up. Haven't seen that there before. I don't really know Glasgow that well but it was just a bit further up to Braehead and got on the M8 there.

S4uzee
21-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Is there a home and away car park? Think I might've been in the home one, got back to Edinburgh just after 11

ano hibby
21-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Is there a home and away car park? Think I might've been in the home one, got back to Edinburgh just after 11

Took 30 mins to get out the car park but once out straight onto a clear M8 so back to EH c.1130.
Getting there was more of a problem for us as others stated.

PatHead
21-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Had a good run as I had seen the traffic before I got to my car so I went up through Govan, through the Clyde Tunnel and along the express road. Onto the M8 and got to my sons at Gorgie/Shandon at about 11.10, Pathhead 11.40. Never saw any Hibs buses all the way through but did catch up with the "crapper" The Rangers ones.

PS Why do some people feel the need to sit in the outside lane at 65 when the inside lane is free? Does ma heid in.

Hermit Crab
21-05-2015, 11:34 AM

They let the buses through the coned areas straight onto the motorway as they are sitting ducks for the stone throwers if the have to go round the houses and get stuck in traffic.

Jaz
21-05-2015, 12:53 PM

I think Tina,*Paul,*Rachel,*Jo, Hannah, Bradley and*Jon were partly to blame!!

monktonharp
22-05-2015, 02:26 AM
Traffic going and coming back was a mare.we went via the new M74 section, to avoid all the usual hold ups at the approach to city centre then Kingston bridge but it still slowed to a crawl. had a good laugh though, on the Southern branch bus with a bunch o' young guys singing maist of the way to the ground.surprised we had a full bus coming hame though, as they were right in the faces o' the enemy :greengrin

hibsforeurope
22-05-2015, 08:24 AM
It took us over a hour to get from the old Rutherglen turn off on the M74 Ibrox before the game, arrived just in time for all the car parks to become full. Ended up parking up Edmiston Drive past the KFC. Traffic was a nightmare on way out but we decided to follow a few local cars who obviously knew a short cut behind the police station and got to the M8, Via Paisley Road by 10.20, back to Innerleithen by 11.45.

sbell1875
22-05-2015, 11:57 AM
With the close proximity of the stadium to the motorway it really was a disgrace. We couldn't even get in the away car park and took a bit gamble parking along from it. Missed the first 10 minutes as well but took great pleasure in seeing literally hundreds of knuckle draggers waiting at their ticket portacabin!

Ended up circling the stadium and going past it again before finally getting on the motorway at 11pm, a full hour after leaving the stadium.