PDA

View Full Version : Bottlers?

Diclonius
20-05-2015, 02:19 PM
With all this talk in the Weegia of Hibs "bottling" important games, have any of them took a moment to consider that Rangers probably have an even worse record in big games this season than we do? Let's compare, shall we:

Hibs:
Hearts 2-1 Hibernian - Craig's penalty miss, important game in terms of how the season panned out.
Hibernian 0-2 Rangers - We were on an excellent run at the time and put in our poorest performance of the season. Only other league game we lost against our nearest rivals for promotion.
Hibernian 0-1 Falkirk - Scottish Cup semi final.

Rangers:
Rangers 1-2 Hearts - Everyone expected them to romp the division and this swiftly put a stop to that. Their form in these games leaves much to be desired..
Rangers 1-3 Hibernian
Hearts 2-0 Rangers
Alloa 3-2 Rangers - Lost the semi final of a cup they have expected to win for 3 years now after being 2-0 up, against a team that narrowly avoided relegation. If that's not "bottling" I don't know what is.
Hibernian 4-0 Rangers
Rangers 1-2 Raith Rovers - Everyone likes to talk about how we "bottled" the semi against Falkirk but let's not forget their capitulation in the second (SECOND) round against a team even lower down the league than Falkirk - at home.
Rangers 0-2 Hibernian - Anyone start to notice a pattern here?

Funny how no one ever talks about these shambolic performances outside of Edinburgh.

Finally, I briefly did a bit of stats and found out that the team with the lowest conversion of shots on target in the Championship (with Hibs in 2nd place) is, you guessed it, Rangers. Maybe all this talk is just a smokescreen to deflect attention away from the fact that when the going gets tough, Rangers really are ****.

Hibeesmad
20-05-2015, 02:23 PM
The league table is enough for me

adhibs
20-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Add in all their draws at the end of the season when they threw second away

NthCarolinaHibs
20-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Doesnae concern me what that lot say...that is all

RoscoHibby
20-05-2015, 02:25 PM
That is a raging dose of reality right there.

Had this in back of my mind as well so good to see it in black and white like this, nice one. Should email it to one of the monkeys at the daily record, actual facts based on the 2 teams this season, and not just the fact that eh, well, we arra peepel n that know...

Pete
20-05-2015, 02:28 PM
With all this talk in the Weegia of Hibs "bottling" important games, have any of them took a moment to consider that Rangers probably have an even worse record in big games this season than we do? Let's compare, shall we:

Hibs:
Hearts 2-1 Hibernian - Craig's penalty miss, important game in terms of how the season panned out.
Hibernian 0-2 Rangers - We were on an excellent run at the time and put in our poorest performance of the season. Only other league game we lost against our nearest rivals for promotion.
Hibernian 0-1 Falkirk - Scottish Cup semi final.

Rangers:
Rangers 1-2 Hearts - Everyone expected them to romp the division and this swiftly put a stop to that. Their form in these games leaves much to be desired..
Rangers 1-3 Hibernian
Hearts 2-0 Rangers
Alloa 3-2 Rangers - Lost the semi final of a cup they have expected to win for 3 years now after being 2-0 up, against a team that narrowly avoided relegation. If that's not "bottling" I don't know what is.
Hibernian 4-0 Rangers
Rangers 1-2 Raith Rovers - Everyone likes to talk about how we "bottled" the semi against Falkirk but let's not forget their capitulation in the second (SECOND) round against a team even lower down the league than Falkirk - at home.
Rangers 0-2 Hibernian - Anyone start to notice a pattern here?

Funny how no one ever talks about these shambolic performances outside of Edinburgh.

Finally, I briefly did a bit of stats and found out that the team with the lowest conversion of shots on target in the Championship (with Hibs in 2nd place) is, you guessed it, Rangers. Maybe all this talk is just a smokescreen to deflect attention away from the fact that when the going gets tough, Rangers really are ****.

The uncomfortable truth.

But, but, but...Hamilton??

johnbc70
20-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Maybe this season but does our reputation not come from many years of 'bottling' it.

Andy74
20-05-2015, 02:50 PM
To be fair quite a few of our own fans were pretty quick with the label a few weeks ago when we lost those games so we can't blame the press for an easy angle.

Steve20
20-05-2015, 02:55 PM
We haven't been given that tag because of just results this season. It's been over a few years that we don't win the games that really matter.

Time to put that right by winning the playoffs.

HibbyAndy
20-05-2015, 02:56 PM
We haven't been given that tag because of just results this season. It's been over a few years that we don't win the games that really matter.

Correct.

So lets start tonight by ramming the 'bottlers' tag right doon their ****ing throats!

Golden Bear
20-05-2015, 03:13 PM

:agree:

Spot on.

Any long suffering Hibby has been brought up to expect nothing and that's exactly what we normally achieve.

Until tonight that is.

:flag:

PeeJay
20-05-2015, 03:14 PM

Correct! Now is the time to start proving that the club is on the mend and that real progress is being made, where it matters ...

Diclonius
20-05-2015, 03:31 PM

Fair enough - however, if you want proof of bottling games in the long run then check out Rangers' recent Scottish and League Cup records.

Nutmegged
20-05-2015, 03:41 PM
I don't think the perception that Hibs lack bottle is down to this Season, it may very well be but in my opinion its due to the horrendous record weve got in Edinburgh derbies in the last 25 years added to the fact we never seem to turn up to Scottish Cup Finals either, you then have scenarios like throwing away a two goal first leg Premiership Play-Off lead and it supports those who want to believe in that type of thing.

I don't think Rangers bottled many of those games you listed, they just weren't a very good side for most of the Season