PDA

View Full Version : BBC STV sports

JimBHibees
19-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Nice balanced reporting by both sides at tea time sports. Basically both saying 'are Hibs bottlers'. Absolutely dreadful coverage.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Nice balanced reporting by both sides at tea time sports. Basically both saying 'are Hibs bottlers'. Absolutely dreadful coverage.

Just imagine what the media reaction will be on Thursday and Friday if we happen to take a lead into the second leg.

Diclonius
19-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Just imagine what the media reaction will be on Thursday and Friday if we happen to take a lead into the second leg.

"Rangers staying in Championship could be constitutional crisis"? :greengrin

iwasthere1972
19-05-2015, 09:03 PM

I think the word Hamilton will be mentioned.

TRC
19-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Anyone read Tom Englishs take on the game about 10 paragraphs of rangers gumf and one on hibs with some more the rangers ***** thrown in

Off the bar
19-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Anyone read Tom Englishs take on the game about 10 paragraphs of rangers gumf and one on hibs with some more the rangers ***** thrown in

Yeah I read that kept scrolling through it thinking the bit about hibs will be soon kept scrolling through more pish about sevco then finally he gets to hibs, one measly paragraph then more Tom Kite about sevco. Pointless article unless you're a hun.

Diclonius
19-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Yeah I read that kept scrolling through it thinking the bit about hibs will be soon kept scrolling through more pish about sevco then finally he gets to hibs, one measly paragraph then more Tom Kite about sevco. Pointless article unless you're a hun.

Exactly what I thought when I was reading it! Complete nonsense from the BBC, who's "we're-not-biased-we-promise" mantra gets increasingly more laughable by the day.

Mr White
19-05-2015, 09:33 PM
All the more satisfying when we pump them tomorrow.

S4uzee
19-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Sky sports reporting a story about Alan Thompson saying it would be good for rangers to go up zzzzz

Sir David Gray
19-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Sky sports reporting a story about Alan Thompson saying it would be good for rangers to go up zzzzz

For who?

S4uzee
19-05-2015, 09:45 PM
For who?
Scottish football

Sir David Gray
19-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Scottish football

Aye ok then.

Celtic, more like.

Ronniekirk
19-05-2015, 09:53 PM
They still probably say we will bottle it big style at Easter road Talk is cheap , it's just sound bites Stubbs was interviewed and stuck up for the players That's good enough for me ,as these two games are partly about how players handle the occasion and if they perform to their capabilities , Stubbs is confident they will and he has overseen preparations so let the Battle commence

hibees 7062
19-05-2015, 09:55 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32798493

Sir David Gray
19-05-2015, 09:55 PM
They still probably say we will bottle it big style at Easter road Talk is cheap , it's just sound bites Stubbs was interviewed and stuck up for the players That's good enough for me ,as these two games are partly about how players handle the occasion and if they perform to their capabilities , Stubbs is confident they will and he has overseen preparations so let the Battle commence

I'm actually quite relaxed about the match tomorrow night.

I'm not saying we'll win but if we don't, I certainly don't think it will be through lack of effort or bottle.

Ronniekirk
19-05-2015, 10:00 PM
I'm actually quite relaxed about the match tomorrow night.

I'm not saying we'll win but if we don't, I certainly don't think it will be through lack of effort or bottle.

Can't say I am relaxed but that's more to do with sitting in the away end My son was going to go but doesn't think he could contain himself and my daughter isn't fussed about going and the wife isn't interested That's Family for you :confused:

Sir David Gray
19-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Can't say I am relaxed but that's more to do with sitting in the away end My son was going to go but doesn't think he could contain himself and my daughter isn't fussed about going and the wife isn't interested That's Family for you :confused:

You couldn't pay me enough to sit in the home end at Ibrox.

Good luck tomorrow night. :aok:

Ronniekirk
19-05-2015, 10:13 PM
You couldn't pay me enough to sit in the home end at Ibrox.

Good luck tomorrow night. :aok:
If we don't get beat I will stay on and listen to the hibs fans singing So I would be one of the last to vacate the Rangers section :agree:

Sir David Gray
19-05-2015, 10:19 PM
If we don't get beat I will stay on and listen to the hibs fans singing So I would be one of the last to vacate the Rangers section :agree:

I'll look out for you at the end then. :greengrin

Which stand are you in?

allezsauzee
19-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Orchestrated campaign by the weegies and the sycophantic media to convince Hibs that they are going to bottle this. We will outclass this shower of shi-ite and hopefully Stubbsie uses their pathetic attempts as additional motivation.

:gwa:

Pete
19-05-2015, 10:41 PM
You have to laugh at this label we have been given. Calling us bottlers is either very lazy or a deliberate attempt to undermine us.

Sevco have added a bit of steel to their games but they are the same team that has bottled it big time this season. It's as if calling us names is supposed to deflect attention away from this glaring fact.

Stubbs knows, our players know and the pre sure is all on them. The bottom line is that we will survive if we don't go up but will they be OK? Scottish football needs them remember.

Ronniekirk
19-05-2015, 10:50 PM
I'll look out for you at the end then. :greengrin

Which stand are you in?
Don't get tickets till tomorrow but any other time it's been high up in the main stand Need my glasses on its so far from the pitch

Boyle89
19-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Yes! Kept reading and then it suddenly stopped after mentioning we are bottlers...
Thought my phone hasn't loaded the rest!

Matty_Jack04
20-05-2015, 04:44 AM
This bottler thing gets my goat, it's a nonsense just like the claim we're in a worse situation having 18days off rather than having sevco's run of games, the media are so desperate for the Huns to go up its embarrassing can't wait for the game tonight don't think it'll be easy but I know for sure the bottle won't crash and sevco will have a game on their hands

Onion
20-05-2015, 05:55 AM

No surprise the media describe the club and team as bottlers. Most of the reporting will be to undermine our attempts to get past the NewHuns, but some of it is merited. Recent cup finals, our derby record, the Yam cup semi/final, Hamilton and last year's 13 cup finals looking for that win that would keep us up. Hate it but the cap fits !

Up to the current players and Stubbs to try use it as motivation.

3pm
20-05-2015, 06:27 AM

Good.

DAVE1875
20-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Hopefully Stubbs uses this whole "bottlers" label to motivate the players in the team talk tonight to prove to everyone that they are not bottlers

Matty_Jack04
20-05-2015, 06:34 AM
No surprise the media describe the club and team as bottlers. Most of the reporting will be to undermine our attempts to get past the NewHuns, but some of it is merited. Recent cup finals, our derby record, the Yam cup semi/final, Hamilton and last year's 13 cup finals looking for that win that would keep us up. Hate it but the cap fits !

Up to the current players and Stubbs to try use it as motivation.

We've bottled it in the past for sure, but this team hasn't that's the important thing once we clicked together this year we went 25 games without defeat sevco where 19 points ahead of us and still we finished above them yeah we had a wee wobble after they beat us and we STILL caught them and finished above them, the facts speak for themselves there's only one team who's bottle could go and it isn't hibs its propaganda from our media friends ignoring what's gone on in the current season and focusing on past failures hopefully the current squad pay little attention to it and play there own game

KeithTheHibby
20-05-2015, 06:37 AM
Yeah, we've no bottle despite winning our last 5 league matches. Playing against a team who scraped a draw against Falkirk and chucked a 2 goal lead against Hearts.
I think I'll leave facts to decide whether we have the bottle rather than the Hun media.

HH81
20-05-2015, 06:43 AM
We bottled the semi final but I fancy Hibs to win these play offs.

Ronniekirk
20-05-2015, 06:54 AM
We didn't bottle that game but put out the wrong team and Boyle Gray and foster weren't available .Stubbs showed his inexperience by not changing it till too late .One or two players didn't play to their form on the day and maybe nerves got to them
Ideally we don't want to be losing the first goal and not early doors We haven't played for a while so we need to ease our way into the game

ronaldo7
20-05-2015, 07:21 AM
If we win the Final against Motherwell, I'd like to see a crate of bottled Irn Bru on the pitch and the players waving the bottles in the weegie media's cameras.

Lots of work to do to get there, and I'm sure our boys are up for the fight.:flag:

GreenArmyyy!
20-05-2015, 07:50 AM

We didn't bottle the semi-final at all. We could have scored ten in that game, our finishing that was dreadful.

DH1875
20-05-2015, 08:59 AM
If we win the Final against Motherwell, I'd like to see a crate of bottled Irn Bru on the pitch and the players waving the bottles in the weegie media's cameras.

Lots of work to do to get there, and I'm sure our boys are up for the fight.:flag:

Irn Bru?????

GreenOnions
20-05-2015, 09:29 AM
On BBC Radio Scotland there wasn't that much chat about it but the main comments came from Derek Ferguson whose opinion was balanced in my view. He did say he thought Rangers would get through the tie narrowly overall but he also said that if Rangers go "toe-to-toe" with us in a footballing contest they will lose.

A bit of a clue there I think as to how Rangers are likely to approach this tie. In the last game at Easter Road they had five in midfield against our four and they started the game at a high tempo really closing us down in possession to disrupt our passing and possession. We need to be ready for something similar I think.

Sean1875
20-05-2015, 09:39 AM

How about Buckfast instead? :greengrin

Sammy7nil
20-05-2015, 09:41 AM
This bottler thing gets my goat, it's a nonsense just like the claim we're in a worse situation having 18days off rather than having sevco's run of games, the media are so desperate for the Huns to go up its embarrassing can't wait for the game tonight don't think it'll be easy but I know for sure the bottle won't crash and sevco will have a game on their hands

Sorry but it is not nonsense. Hibs have consistently under performed in key matches now for a 30 - 40 year period with the odd blip when we have won.

It is up to the current team and manager to have this tag dropped for good. I think they will do it :greengrin

Steve20
20-05-2015, 09:49 AM
We have the bottlers tag because we normally don't win games that really matter. Our derby record is abysmal (especially when our rivals are rubbish themselves), last seasons playoff, this seasons semi final etc.

It's up to this group of players to end our tag as bottlers by winning these playoffs.

Mikey09
20-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Call it what you like... Bottling it, under performing, whatever. My view is it's been a lack of belief and leadership that has ultimately cost us dear in important games. However, this Hibs team has the right man leading them with experience of big, important games and also has the players with bags of belief. Hibs WILL step up to the mark in these FOUR play off games and kick on to bigger and better things next season. I predict the Hibbies going to Ibrox tonight will have a brilliant night and will sing our boys to a good victory!!! :flag:

Callum_62
20-05-2015, 11:36 AM
I do find it interesting that no one is talking about the last 6 games of the season

The one were 2nd place was up for grabs, and lets be real....neither us, nor Rangers WANTED to finish 3rd

At that point it seemed Rangers would likely clinch it, after a couple of poor results for us

Last 6 league games

Hibs 15/18 points

Rangers 9/18 points

This crap about Rangers always turning up in the 'big' games is nonsense....the last 6 games were big....and they failed to win 2/3 of them

HH81
20-05-2015, 12:43 PM
We didn't bottle the semi-final at all. We could have scored ten in that game, our finishing that was dreadful.

Correct but isn't not putting the ball in the net bottling it overall?

Falkirk mananged it.

Pete
20-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Correct but isn't not putting the ball in the net bottling it overall?

Nope. I wouldn't say so.

Pete
20-05-2015, 02:03 PM
We have the bottlers tag because we normally don't win games that really matter. Our derby record is abysmal (especially when our rivals are rubbish themselves), last seasons playoff, this seasons semi final etc.

It's up to this group of players to end our tag as bottlers by winning these playoffs.

A lot of people are forgetting that in the past we have been up against better teams or have just been crap.

There's no such thing as a football club who are historic bottlers because these attributes are attached to individuals and there is a regular turnover.

Geo_1875
20-05-2015, 02:16 PM
A lot of people are forgetting that in the past we have been up against better teams or have just been crap.

There's no such thing as a football club who are historic bottlers because these attributes are attached to individuals and there is a regular turnover.

We put out a decent side against Celtc in a cup final and got pumped 6-1. I wouldn't have called any of those players bottlers. It's just lazy "journalists" pandering to their mainly OF supporting audience.

Pete
20-05-2015, 02:30 PM
We put out a decent side against Celtc in a cup final and got pumped 6-1. I wouldn't have called any of those players bottlers. It's just lazy "journalists" pandering to their mainly OF supporting audience.

:agree:

People who are too lazy to look at the big picture or who want to discredit us for some reason.

Big_Franck
20-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Yeah, we've no bottle despite winning our last 5 league matches. Playing against a team who scraped a draw against Falkirk and chucked a 2 goal lead against Hearts.
I think I'll leave facts to decide whether we have the bottle rather than the Hun media.

Exactly. If there is one team that has shown themselves to be bottlers this season it's Rangers.

They've been continually poor in their bigger games in league and cup this year, whereas we have played well in the vast majority of our big games. I expect it'll be no different tonight.

Sammy7nil
20-05-2015, 03:42 PM

I disagree Airdrie Falkirk Motherwell Dundee Utd St Miren to name but a few turned up at Hampden against better teams even if the did not always win we on the otherhand bar a few blips have a history of rolling over and failing to even score

Pete
20-05-2015, 03:53 PM
I disagree Airdrie Falkirk Motherwell Dundee Utd St Miren to name but a few turned up at Hampden against better teams even if the did not always win we on the otherhand bar a few blips have a history of rolling over and failing to even score

I think you are looking at things from a simplistic, negative pint of view and you're comparisons aren't valid. Do hearts have a "history of rolling over"? They won nothing for nearly 40 years! What were you saying about Dundee United?

Attaching negative labels to a club is damaging and I expect better from our own supporters. Especially when they are based on myth and hocus pocus.

Sammy7nil
20-05-2015, 04:11 PM
I think you are looking at things from a simplistic, negative pint of view and you're comparisons aren't valid. Do hearts have a "history of rolling over"? They won nothing for nearly 40 years! What were you saying about Dundee United?

Attaching negative labels to a club is damaging and I expect better from our own supporters. Especially when they are based on myth and hocus pocus.

Am not looking for big debate but i think we deserve the. Tag D Utd ha e won Scottish cups beating Rangers in the final so have Hearts. Hibs often go to Hampden even the Tornades did and get EMPTIED we went on run when we scored 1 goal in 4 finals. Other teams seem to put up a fight in defeat Hibs very often don't.

Pete
20-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Am not looking for big debate but i think we deserve the. Tag D Utd ha e won Scottish cups beating Rangers in the final so have Hearts. Hibs often go to Hampden even the Tornades did and get EMPTIED we went on run when we scored 1 goal in 4 finals. Other teams seem to put up a fight in defeat Hibs very often don't.

So we do crap in Scottish cup finals. It's a million miles away from a general tag of "bottling big games". In the last three of them we've either been comprehensively outplayed by Celtic or the game went away after a ridiculous refereeing performance. We could do nothing about any of that.

Bringing up the tornadoes is silly and it's almost as if you are implying that there is something institutionally wrong at the club or there are evil spirits.

shetlandhibee
20-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Exactly. If there is one team that has shown themselves to be bottlers this season it's Rangers.

They've been continually poor in their bigger games in league and cup this year, whereas we have played well in the vast majority of our big games. I expect it'll be no different tonight.
:top marks

Nando™
20-05-2015, 04:24 PM

Please remember that Hearts were cheating for a very long time.

ronaldo7
20-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Irn Bru?????

:agree:Sugar free:aok:

Sammy7nil
20-05-2015, 05:40 PM
So we do crap in Scottish cup finals. It's a million miles away from a general tag of "bottling big games". In the last three of them we've either been comprehensively outplayed by Celtic or the game went away after a ridiculous refereeing performance. We could do nothing about any of that.

Bringing up the tornadoes is silly and it's almost as if you are implying that there is something institutionally wrong at the club or there are evil spirits.

I think the last para is about right every game have a huge crowd at ER we normally let them down look at the Hamilton game our 7 nil in Europe. Hearts have won more derbies at ER than Hibs. Anyway lets just agree to disagree.

Kavinho
20-05-2015, 06:26 PM
I agree with Peter

snooky
20-05-2015, 06:32 PM

From the Goons....

Bluebottle : "You rotten swine, you deaded me" and "I don't like this game"..