PDA

View Full Version : Most important game in Years!

Ryan69
19-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Tomorrow's game is massive! And for the benefit of Scottish Football.....We must progress!

If Rangers get promoted....It's gonna be back to old ways!

This is our biggest game in decades id say!

With Dave King being accepted,This game has just got a whole lot bigger!
The Rangers are pretty rubbish! but if they get promoted....Scottish football is doomed!

Let's show them how it's done....and I believe The Rangers will be liquidated again. Fail and Scottish football suffers forevermore!

Some of the players we have we could only of dreamed of at the start of the season also......Win we can keep this squad together!
Fail and it's back to square 1 I feel!

high bee
19-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Tomorrow's game is massive! And for the benefit of Scottish Football.....We must progress!

The Rangers are pretty rubbish! but if they get promoted....Scottish football is doomed!

Let's show them how it's done....and I believe The Rangers will be liquidated again. Fail and Scottish football suffers forevermore!

No pressure then.

weonlywon6-2
19-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Not sure football will suffer if rangers get back up, I just don't want that to happen as I would like to see Stubbs Hibs team in the premier league

Ross4356
19-05-2015, 05:38 PM
I'd say the 2 games in the play off last year were as big

Jim44
19-05-2015, 05:44 PM

Some of the players we have we could only of dreamed of at the start of the season also......Win we can keep this squad together!

I keep reading that Sevco are going to be liquidated again. What facts or circumstances will dictate this? Are King and his cronies so financially challenged that they won't keep their club afloat?

Ryan69
19-05-2015, 05:45 PM
I'd say the 2 games in the play off last year were as big

Getting relegated had benefitted us. Gave us time to get rid of dead wood,bringing a fresh approach instead of fighting relegation eachyear! That's what we had been doing afterall.

These games are far bigger IMO

Ryan69
19-05-2015, 05:45 PM
I keep reading that Sevco are going to be liquidated again. What facts or circumstances will dictate this? Are King and his cronies so financially challenged that they won't keep their club afloat?

Another year in the Championship??

Golden Bear
19-05-2015, 05:46 PM
All this press talk about Hibs "bottling it" might just be the spur they need. Man for man, I honestly think we're the better team.

snooky
19-05-2015, 05:47 PM

The winner still has to play an SPL team (Motherwell?)
Could still be us and 'All The King's Men' in the Championship next year no matter who wins the next two games.
It bothers me that we think that by beating the Huns we will be promoted.
We've got four big hills to climb before we get to see the Promised Land.

Ryan69
19-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Could still be us and 'All The King's Men' in the Championship next year no matter who wins the next two games.

When had anyone said that?
I merely meant it's a huge step for Scottish football if we beat Der Hun!
Motherwell will be tricky and have had a few good results recently. I would of preferred Kilmarnock in the play off

lyonhibs
19-05-2015, 05:57 PM

Calm. The. ****. Down

HibsNutter
19-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Getting relegated had benefitted us. Gave us time to get rid of dead wood,bringing a fresh approach instead of fighting relegation eachyear! That's what we had been doing afterall.

Yeh, it's been brilliant

greenlex
19-05-2015, 06:06 PM
All this press talk about Hibs "bottling it" might just be the spur they need. Man for man, I honestly think we're the better team.

I don't get thus bottles tag. After a rocky start and the one game against Rangers where we seemed to think we could just turn up and win I have not seen one oerformance where that bottlers tag could be levelled at this team/squad. Ignore these clowns and get on with the task in hand..

Ronniekirk
19-05-2015, 06:22 PM
It's not just tomorrow nights game ,it's the next four games that are Huge. yes I do think it will be four as I believe we can get past The Rangers but only if our Tactics are spot on ,and most players. Play to their potential and handle the pressure and we avoid further injuries and those out injured Boyle apart can hopefully be available for games against Motherwell or second game against The Rangers .Foster though looks like missing both The first two games unless Stubbs is playing mind games

emerald green
19-05-2015, 06:22 PM

Sorry, I disagree with the bit in bold. Relegation is never beneficial for a football club.

It would have been far better to have stayed up, then get the club sorted out from top to bottom (which has been done, but from within the Championship).

Instead, Hibs face the possibility and uncertainty of staying down for two seasons at least. Everyone hopes like hell of course that won't happen.

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 06:23 PM
I like your thinking but it's no bigger than our game against Hamilton last year or the Cup Final against them. My god I hope we go back up though...

Kavinho
19-05-2015, 06:45 PM

Spot on.

No room for the mentality of here we go again though. I'll be fully backing the team with everything right to the last whistle of these 4 games.

Steve20
19-05-2015, 06:46 PM

Relegation has been terrible. The championship is awful. I also can't see any benefit because there's still a chance we won't go up.

DH1875
19-05-2015, 07:29 PM

Tell me that at the start of the season if we're still in this division.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2015, 09:11 PM

Aye it's been a hoot.

I've really enjoyed going to cesspits like Cowdenbeath and Alloa and being bored to tears at times watching teams come to Easter Road and put eleven men behind the ball for ninety minutes.

I've had a rare time.

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Its been terrific, i enjoyed being relegated that much i have been to one league game and a cup semi.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Its been terrific, i enjoyed being relegated that much i have been to one league game and a cup semi.

To be fair, to loosely quote our ex-manager, being relegated last year was maybe not such a bad thing as it greatly reduced the threat of being relegated again this year.

:wink:

Ronster117
19-05-2015, 09:28 PM
This x 100. :gwa:

Ryan69
19-05-2015, 09:48 PM

One thing that can't be disagreed on is that relegation has united the fans with the club! So overdue!

We should NOT be a club flirting with relegation every year....and that is where we were!

Plus the club and the fans were not as close in a long long time!

We can do this....and WE will!

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 09:56 PM
One thing that can't be disagreed on is that relegation has united the fans with the club! So overdue!

Has it?

We should NOT be a club flirting with relegation every year....and that is where we were!

Agreed.

Plus the club and the fans were not as close in a long long time!

Disagree.

We can do this....and WE will!

Lets hope so.

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 10:22 PM

Every fan tomorrow who was lucky enough to get a ticket should only wear a Hibs top or a green top, lets make it the Hibs Green corner.

:flag: :gwa: :flag:

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Get right f***ing in to them Hibs team, the new team are pish.

Bring it f***ing it on huns.

Haymaker
19-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Get right f***ing in to them Hibs team, the new team are pish.

Bring it f***ing it on huns.

This.

allezsauzee
19-05-2015, 10:32 PM
bigger game for Sevco i would say. they are up the creek if they stay in the championship. pressure is on them

kaimendhibs
19-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Every fan tomorrow who was lucky enough to get a ticket should only wear a Hibs top or a green top, lets make it the Hibs Green corner.

:flag: :gwa: :flag:

I'm in

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 11:33 PM
I'm in

So am I. :thumbsup:

Mixu62
20-05-2015, 12:31 AM

So are you saying that getting relegated removed the fear of getting relegated? Is that you Terry?:greengrin

Ryan69
20-05-2015, 12:46 AM
So are you saying that getting relegated removed the fear of getting relegated? Is that you Terry?:greengrin

I must be completely deluded then!
I grew up(34 year old) Hibs were one of the top teams!
Recently...relegation fighting and in house fighting about the way forward!

Now we have a direction and a focus!
All we have todo is give it our all!

We are a better and UNITED team than Der Gun and Motherwell!

Shows how many people have suffered with all the negatives!

We are Hibs! We will fight,bite,scratch and do ANYTHING we can to get where we need tobe!

Failure is NOT an option!

Think what we lose if we don't succeed!
We have a fine team of players!

OR.....lets resurrect this let's next year with ANOTHER year in the Championship!!!!

Lets just ******g do them....end of story!
This is gonna be a battle......and WE are gonna win!

Ryan69
20-05-2015, 02:04 AM
Lets hope so.

Give an opinion like everyone......NOT a correction within YOUR view!

Onion
20-05-2015, 06:05 AM

Completely agree with this. We have the better team, players and structure but we need to match the Huns will and aggression to win the match.

IWASTHERE1902
20-05-2015, 06:13 AM
Completely agree with this. We have the better team, players and structure but we need to match the Huns will and aggression to win the match.
And don't forget that wee bit extra we will need to beat the establishment. Huns not going up is unthinkable to them. Honestly believe this will be our biggest hurdle, not the Huns.

flash
20-05-2015, 06:33 AM
Aye it's been a hoot.

I've really enjoyed going to cesspits like Cowdenbeath and Alloa and being bored to tears at times watching teams come to Easter Road and put eleven men behind the ball for ninety minutes.

I've had a rare time.

Cesspits my arse. Ibrox and Parkhead are cesspits.

Ross4356
20-05-2015, 12:03 PM

I disagree, Leanne would have achieved this regardless of the league we were in

Smartie
20-05-2015, 12:17 PM

Yep, I agree.

I think the "bottlers" accusation has a wee bit of the self-fulfilling prophecy about it. As soon as we lose a big game it comes out, happily ignoring the fact that we might have won some big games in order to get to that particular big game.

Our derby record has been generally poor but it has hardly been a level playing field. We've done well (after a poor start, again when there was hardly a level playing field) in the derbies this season.

We've done generally well in the games vs The Rangers this season and big refereeing decisions have contributed massively to our negative results in these games.

We were very unlucky to lose on penalties vs Dundee United in the League Cup earlier this season (they were playing well at the time).

We did very well in the first leg of the playoff last season (yes we let ourselves down in the second leg but that shouldn't detract from the good performance and result in the first leg - itself a very big game).

We've let ourselves down in a couple of cup finals recently but we did have to win a couple of tricky semis to get there in the first place.

We won the first cup derby after "that" game.

We let ourselves down in the recent semi but to be honest it was a game we should have won at a canter - it was almost a freak result and the players shouldn't be over criticised for it.

Yes, our results in the big games have been a bit of a mixed bag but I don't think we deserve to be considered to be "bottlers".

We are more than good enough - and resilient enough - to get the results we need over the next couple of weeks.

But nobody should be under any illusions that it will be anything other than very tough - we need to be strong and focussed for 90 minutes on 4 occasions over the next 2 weeks if we are to escape this division. Get out of it first time and it becomes a cheerful anecdote in our history. Stay down and it could be an absolute nightmare so there is no denying that these are big, big games. But we have had a few over the past few years so these ones are nothing new to any of the players.

Dashing Bob S
20-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Big game for both clubs, but only so if the winners beat Motherwell. Otherwise meaningless. Strange.

JeMeSouviens
20-05-2015, 12:23 PM

The New Huns know they can't beat us playing football, so they will be sent out to kick us off the park. We need to be up for it and we need a strong ref. So expect 3 or 4 New Huns to get away with a ticking off for borderline attempted murder and a red card for the first Hibs tackle. :rolleyes:

southsider
20-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Six and a half hours to go, I wana be sedated. Nothing to do no where to go-oh, I wana be sedated. Just pour me on the bus and get me to the game. Hurry, hurry, hurry before I go insane. Cannot feel my fingers, cannot feel my brain oh oh oh oh oh oh.

Thecat23
20-05-2015, 12:42 PM
Mood in the Rangers camp today is very good. They are very confident of a win at Ibrox tonight.

So Hibs, I hope you have a right go and stick it right up them!!

The_Exile
20-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Games like this show what the team are made of, not individuals, but collectively, and that's where I feel our advantage will be. Sevco have been up and down this season in terms of squad morale but we seem to have been flying since September/October time with players all saying they are loving it under Stubbs. I wouldn't be surprised to see the players heading over to the bench tonight o celebrate if (nay, WHEN!) we score.

bingo70
20-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Would be nice if at one point we win one of these biggest games in years!

jacomo
20-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Would be nice if at one point we win one of these biggest games in years!

I'm over it already.

Saturday!!!

Alfred E Newman
20-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Ibrox was always going to be full tonight and that was bound to give the Rangers players a lift after struggling in front of a half empty stadium all season. It's now up to the Hibs support to turn out in big numbers on Sat and get behind the team from the kick off. If we don't win then it won't be for the want of trying on our behalf and that would be the time to look for scapegoats if any, not now.

iwasthere1972
20-05-2015, 09:29 PM
Ibrox was always going to be full tonight and that was bound to give the Rangers players a lift after struggling in front of a half empty stadium all season. It's now up to the Hibs support to turn out in big numbers on Sat and get behind the team from the kick off. If we don't win then it won't be for the want of trying on our behalf and that would be the time to look for scapegoats if any, not now.

Apparently it wasn't a sell out. 41,236. 11,000 empty seats.

Alfred E Newman
20-05-2015, 09:46 PM
That's a surprise.