PDA

View Full Version : Boozers in Cardiff

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-05-2015, 09:43 AM
I'll be on a stag in Saturday in Cardiff, any suggestions as to a good place to watch BT sport that's pretty central?

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Frazerbob
19-05-2015, 09:53 AM
Couple of good boozers in the city centre that should show it are O'Neil's and The Llywelyn Gruffudd (or something like that....he's the Welsh version of William Wallace).

nellio
19-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Im from Cardiff so should be able to help.

Loads of boozers in town.

O'Neills is more of a rugby pub but sould still show the footie. I'm sure Frazerbob is referring to Owain Glyndŵr ! Thats not a bad boozer but there can often be a bit of bother late night around tehre becuase the Burger king next door is open very late and there are scraps.

There are a few weatherspoons dotted about and there is a pub called varsity that is a bit studenty but shows the footie. Thats opposite the park hotel next door to lloyds bar.

There is also a sports bar called the bunker on St Marys St which shows all sports but that opened after I moved here so unsure what its like. There is a good pub called the westgate that is just over the river. That will have the footie on.

Frazerbob
19-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Im from Cardiff so should be able to help.

Loads of boozers in town.

O'Neills is more of a rugby pub but sould still show the footie. I'm sure Frazerbob is referring to Owain Glyndŵr ! Thats not a bad boozer but there can often be a bit of bother late night around tehre becuase the Burger king next door is open very late and there are scraps.

There are a few weatherspoons dotted about and there is a pub called varsity that is a bit studenty but shows the footie. Thats opposite the park hotel next door to lloyds bar.

There is also a sports bar called the bunker on St Marys St which shows all sports but that opened after I moved here so unsure what its like. There is a good pub called the westgate that is just over the river. That will have the footie on.

That's the one....my Welsh history isn't up to scratch! We made that our home base when down for the Scotland game a couple of years ago. Had a great laugh with the staff and bouncers.

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Thanks very much.

I'm landing in Bristol around 10:30 then have to get the train to Cardiff which i believe is a bit like Edinburgh-Glasgow? so should be arriving around midday.

Ronster117
19-05-2015, 03:13 PM
I'll be on a stag in Saturday in Cardiff, any suggestions as to a good place to watch BT sport that's pretty central?

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"
Weatherspoons in west gate St, right across the road from the millennium stadium :flag:

nellio
19-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Thanks very much.

I'm landing in Bristol around 10:30 then have to get the train to Cardiff which i believe is a bit like Edinburgh-Glasgow? so should be arriving around midday.

You will need to get the airport bus from Bristol airport to temple meads pal. About 20 mins drive. Loads of trains then from temple meads to Cardiff. Get down Cardiff bay if you can, it's lovely when the sun is shining down there. It's about a 15 min walk from town or there's a train that goes from Queen at station every 15 mins. Takes 5 mins.

Enjoy Cardiff I lived there well over 10 years before I moved to Edinburgh. It's a great city.

nellio
19-05-2015, 08:20 PM
That's the one....my Welsh history isn't up to scratch! We made that our home base when down for the Scotland game a couple of years ago. Had a great laugh with the staff and bouncers.

Was that the qualifier we beat you in, the game Rambo scored a great goal or when earnie scored a hat-trick in the millennium stadium? :wink:

gorgie greens
20-05-2015, 12:26 PM
I know a few Hibbys down here ,will try n find out where they r watching the game

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Was that the qualifier we beat you in, the game Rambo scored a great goal or when earnie scored a hat-trick in the millennium stadium? :wink:

I made it as far as Cardiff City Centre for the Earnshaw game, had a good start to the day in the bookies and ended up staying in the pub. IIRC I backed Anelka to score first v England before the drunken train journey back to Paddington!