PDA

View Full Version : 1972 Signed League Cup Winners Pennant

blindsummit
18-05-2015, 06:29 PM

Was sorting through all my football memorabilia today and thought I would scan this for your edification :greengrin

It's my pennant from the 1972 League Cup final, and I managed to get it signed by the entire squad!

There are some godlike signatures on there that's for sure. Happy memories and I hope a good omen for us going into these Playoffs that I should find it again now :flag:

GGTTH!

villager
19-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Golden :flag::flag::flag::flag:

howdenthehibby
19-05-2015, 03:07 PM

Was sorting through all my football memorabilia today and thought I would scan this for your edification :greengrin

It's my pennant from the 1972 League Cup final, and I managed to get it signed by the entire squad!

There are some godlike signatures on there that's for sure. Happy memories and I hope a good omen for us going into these Playoffs that I should find it again now :flag:

GGTTH!

That would go nicely with my 70s roussette.14899

superfurryhibby
19-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Excellent.

I Remember that pennant well.

Hibs should really consider doing a wee line in quality retro nostalgia goods. I long for a copy the Gilzean evening news souvenir poster. They could also do me a copy of the cover for 100 years of Hibs too. Mine has long gone.

Aldo
19-05-2015, 05:24 PM
I have a black and white signed photo of the 1972 cup double winning team taken in front of the old stand!

Ronniekirk
20-05-2015, 06:44 AM
I have a black and white signed photo of the 1972 cup double winning team taken in front of the old stand!
Is it still up on your Bedroom wal Aldo .I remember cutting out all the photographs of players from the home programmes that year and they were up on the wall unfortunately ruining the programmes and I have a full set for that year never missed a home game. I also had a hibs watch that my mother got me that I wore proudly .Also remember getting the Shoot Magazine and the cardboard leaugue table and every week I moved the tabs up or down to reflect leaugue positions .Nostalgia .
You have been quiet in lead up to these games Quietly confident ?

One Day
20-05-2015, 08:33 AM
Is it still up on your Bedroom wal Aldo .I remember cutting out all the photographs of players from the home programmes that year and they were up on the wall unfortunately ruining the programmes and I have a full set for that year never missed a home game. I also had a hibs watch that my mother got me that I wore proudly .Also remember getting the Shoot Magazine and the cardboard leaugue table and every week I moved the tabs up or down to reflect leaugue positions .Nostalgia .
You have been quiet in lead up to these games Quietly confident ?

Ah the memories