Fontaine

Gray
McGeough
Robertson
Allan
Stevenson

Malonga
Cummings

Very strong at the back, midfielders with a high work rate alongside Allan with Magic. Wing backs who won't stop for 90 minutes. Our two top goalscorer's up front. Hibs to win 2-0.

Brightside
18-05-2015, 02:36 PM
I dont think Forster or Watson will be fit... its s tricky one for Stubbs as id rather go 352...

I can see him going...

Ox

Fonts
Hanlon
Gray

Stevenson
Craig
Robertson
Alan
Fyvie

Malonga
Cummings.

Not sure if Dylan is 100% yet. Might be worth keeping him for 30 mins in the second half.

dmc1875
18-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Craig has to start.

Oxley

Gray
Watson
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Craig
Allan
Robertson

Malonga
Cummings

allezsauzee
18-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Craig has to start.

Oxley

Gray
Watson
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Craig
Allan
Robertson

Malonga
Cummings

based on his recent form and the fact that I think we need a couple of midfielders with a bit of dig i would agree

dangermouse
18-05-2015, 02:48 PM
With Foster and Boyle missing I reckon it will be the same starting line up we had against Falkirk with Gray replacing Boyle and Watson replacing Forster

GreenOnions
18-05-2015, 02:59 PM
With Foster and Boyle missing I reckon it will be the same starting line up we had against Falkirk with Gray replacing Boyle and Watson replacing Forster

If Stubbs accepts that Watson is fit then I agree with this. If Watson isn't fit enough to start I don't see how we can play three at the back as we don't really have anyone who can play wide right to counter Wallace. I think we need someone with defensive capabilities wide right if we play 3-5-2 at Ibrox and Gray is the only fit option IMO so he couldn't be part of a back 3 in that game

erin go bragh
18-05-2015, 03:06 PM

Good chance DM . Is Mcgeouch pushing for a start ?
Lets get stuck right into these gunts and take another 3 off them at Greyskull .

GGTTH

number9dream
18-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Watson would be a major gamble since he hasn't played since 4 April and is only back in training.
Without him or Forster, I can't see a third central defender in our squad. We'll need Gray to combat Wallace out wide.
If we go 4-4-2, does Robbo stick like glue to Vuckic?
Think we need to stick with Malonga & Cummings up top since Rangers' weakest area by far is central defence...

CockneyRebel
18-05-2015, 07:06 PM
If Stubbs accepts that Watson is fit then I agree with this. If Watson isn't fit enough to start I don't see how we can play three at the back as we don't really have anyone who can play wide right to counter Wallace. I think we need someone with defensive capabilities wide right if we play 3-5-2 at Ibrox and Gray is the only fit option IMO so he couldn't be part of a back 3 in that game

I thought it was pretty much recognised that five at the back was why we were beat by sevco at ER. We need Gray and Stevenson at full back with Robertson and 3 from Fyvie, McGeouch, Allen and Craig playing the diamond with Malonga and Cummings up top. I would leave McGeouch on the bench with Farid (if fully fit) as impact subs.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2015, 07:13 PM
I thought it was pretty much recognised that five at the back was why we were beat by sevco at ER. We need Gray and Stevenson at full back with Robertson and 3 from Fyvie, McGeouch, Allen and Craig playing the diamond with Malonga and Cummings up top. I would leave McGeouch on the bench with Farid (if fully fit) as impact subs.

It was them that played 3 at the back at Easter Road. And their wingbacks absolutely murdered us down the sides with our narrow midfield.

nellio
18-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Agree about Craig. I would play him on the left of the diamond. Gray has to start to look after Wallace. Last time Wallace really gave Watson problems down the left.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Agree about Craig. I would play him on the left of the diamond. Gray has to start to look after Wallace. Last time Wallace really gave Watson problems down the left.

I'm sure Gray played in the first half that day. Wallace ripped him to bits, was replaced by Watson at HT. Wallace continued as he had in the first half.

That said, of course David Gray should start.

muzzando
18-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Assuming Forster and Watson out injured:

Oxley
Gray Fontaine Hanlon
McGeouch Craig Allan Robertson Stevenson
Cummings Malonga

bingo70
18-05-2015, 07:47 PM
-------------Oxley------------

Gray---hanlon--fontaine---stevenson

--------Robertson--craig-----------

--Malonga-------allan-------Cummings

---------------Farid-------------

I'm not suggesting malonga and Cummings would be out and out wingers, it'd need to be a very fluid forward line but I think having malonga picking the ball up out wide would go some way to pinning Wallace back, when he did that Cummings would tuck in beside Farid and likewise when Cummings picked it up on the left.

I know it'll seem radge to play a new formation at this point in the season but I'm sure we've moved to this formation a couple of times during games towards the end of the season and I wondered if it was with an eye in the play offs

Pretty Boy
18-05-2015, 07:56 PM
It's annoying Boyle is out as I would have liked us to go 4231 with Boyle playing on the right of the 3.

As it is I think we have to match them up in midfield as I'm sure they will go with 5 in there again so:

...................Oxley................

Gray....Fontaine....Hanlon.....Stevenson

...........Fyvie.........Robertson........

McGeough......Allan........Craig...

................Malonga............

Obviously that's dependent on McGeough being fit and it's a huge call leaving out Cummings but Dom is more suited to the lone striker role and we need that extra man in the middle if they go with 5 imo.

bingo70
18-05-2015, 08:01 PM
It's annoying Boyle is out as I would have liked us to go 4231 with Boyle playing on the right of the 3.

As it is I think we have to match them up in midfield as I'm sure they will go with 5 in there again so:

...................Oxley................

Gray....Fontaine....Hanlon.....Stevenson

...........Fyvie.........Robertson........

McGeough......Allan........Craig...

................Malonga............

Obviously that's dependent on McGeough being fit and it's a huge call leaving out Cummings but Dom is more suited to the lone striker role and we need that extra man in the middle if they go with 5 imo.

I've not always been that impressed with Cummings this season but some strikers just seem to like playing against certain clubs. Not sure how many Cummings has got against them this year but it's a few. For that reason I wouldn't even consider dropping him for this game.

Pretty Boy
18-05-2015, 08:11 PM
I've not always been that impressed with Cummings this season but some strikers just seem to like playing against certain clubs. Not sure how many Cummings has got against them this year but it's a few. For that reason I wouldn't even consider dropping him for this game.

It's a tough one and I really wouldn't want to be Stubbs in the next day or 2. Ideally we would go 2 up top but I really feel we need the 5 in the middle and with Forster and likely Watson out we just don't have the personnel to go 3 at the back. That leave the issue of either risk going 4 in the middle and getting torn apart in there like we did at ER or dropping out a striker to allow the extra midfielder.

It would be great if Watson was fit as that would free up Gray and Stevenson to push up into the wing back positions, I just don't fancy McGeough there against Wallace and it would be a huge game to throw a youngster into.

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Oxley

Gray Fonts Hanlon Stevenson

Fyvie Robertson Allan Craig

Malonga Cummings

Billy Whizz
18-05-2015, 08:24 PM
It's a tough one and I really wouldn't want to be Stubbs in the next day or 2. Ideally we would go 2 up top but I really feel we need the 5 in the middle and with Forster and likely Watson out we just don't have the personnel to go 3 at the back. That leave the issue of either risk going 4 in the middle and getting torn apart in there like we did at ER or dropping out a striker to allow the extra midfielder.

It would be great if Watson was fit as that would free up Gray and Stevenson to push up into the wing back positions, I just don't fancy McGeough there against Wallace and it would be a huge game to throw a youngster into.
We need to go really tight for the 1st 20 mins or so. Rangers will think we're rusty and go for the jugular. Guys like Mcgeogh, who hasn't played for a bit, will be good for us as a 2nd sub, once the game settles down. Think Rangers may start with Smith and Wallace our the left, we need to close that down, and penetrate down out left. Whatever happens, I don't want to be chasing the game at ER

Ronniekirk
18-05-2015, 08:28 PM

On another thread Billy Whizz said Watson only been back in full time training for a week or so .Not played any matches for a while because of injury .i think it's too big a risk to pitch him straight in as he most likely would get caught out for pace and not last the whole game ,.But if he wants the option of playing him in second leg he will need to give him some game time you would think Who would be a Manager . Gray hasn't played a full game iether for a while so with Foster and Boyle out I think we are limited in how we can change things ,and I just hope that is not our undoing .So I think Stubbs will be tempted to maybe go one up to start the game and agree Cummings can't do that role
As the game gets stretched in second half the pace and strength of dy could be utilised.
Is Farids knee still causing him problems as a performance from him like against Hearts would be a nice option to have

GreenOnions
18-05-2015, 08:31 PM

It was Rangers who played three at the back. It caught out Stubbs - who had lined us up 4-4-2. We couldn't get on the ball at all in midfield as they had an extra man. It was very obviously a problem very early on that McCall had done this specifically to counter our strengths - and it worked. I was absolutely amazed we didn't change to match them up - especially as we had both Forster and Watson on the bench.

As it was - we continued throughout the game with 4-4-2. Fyvie didn't provide any protection for Gray and Lee Wallace played very well against him. I actually don't think Gray was fully fit and that he would normally have dealt with Wallace much better. Things got worse in the second half when Watson replaced Gray as his lack of pace at right back was very exposed.

Based on that I would prefer us to play three at the back with Watson in the back three and Gray on the right of the midfield five.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2015, 08:37 PM
We just need to make sure that we do whatever we didn't do the last time we played them and we'll be fine.

Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Craig
Fyvie
Allan
McGeouch
Robertson

Cummings

We need to play a wide midfield to nullify the threat of Wallace. If we manage that, I'm sure we'll be half way there to winning the match.

The Sundance Kid
18-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Oxley

Watson
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
McGeouch
Robertson
Allan
Stevenson

Malonga
Cummings

andrew70
18-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Boyle missing is a big loss if I interpreted the last few games correctly. I think he was planning to go an unorthodox 433 against Rangers which would provide fluidity when transitioning between attack and defence. I still think he may lean towards this formation:-

Oxley
Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson
Allan Robertson Craig
McGeouch Malonga Cummings

He will be very aware of affording Wallace space on the left hand side again so McGeouch would help Gray down our right side. I honestly don't think Rangers have much else to worry us, maybe Vuckic but Craig will look after him.

Mikey09
18-05-2015, 09:39 PM
I'll mix it up a bit....

Ox

Watson
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Gray
Allan
Robertson
Mcgeouch
Fyvie

Farid

silverhibee
18-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Team for Wednesday.

A winning one will do me. :flag:

hibees 7062
19-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Oxley

Watson
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
McGeouch
Robertson
Allan
Stevenson

Malonga
Cummings

:agree: That's the one

J-C
19-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Can't see us playing 2 up top in the 1st game, I think he'll go 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 depending on who's fit, you could play Cummings on the rightto make sure Wallace is kept busy.