PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty Points

Pages : [1] 2

Ken
18-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Now that tickets are sold out for Wednesday the issue/problem with Loyalty Points needs to be addressed and sorted for next season and potentially for the play-off final if we manage to get there.

Priority 1 should go to those supporters that go to 90%+ games (40 out of 45 inc. cup games as an example - with 18-19 of those being season ticket leaue games), therefore Hibs should put a system in place to calculate how many Loyalty Points this equates to. Most away game tickets are on sale well enough in advance to allow Hibs to sell tickets to Priority 1 supporters on day 1 of tickets going on sale and then day 2 to Priority 1 and 2 (70%+ games) and then day 3 to 7 to the Priority 1, 2 and 3 (40%+ games - this would include all ST holders). Public sale from Day 8.

For days like today where timescales are tight, I think they should have given Priority 1 an option to buy online/phone between 9 and 10am, Priority 1&2 10am to 11am, Priority 1, 2 & 3 - 11am til 10am tomorrow. Public sale tomorrow at 10am.

I think the issue Hibs had was the fact the Loyalty Points started half way through the season, so it was never going to work perfectly. Next season is a test for them to ensure it works and that those supporters who attend regularly are rewarded accordingly.

Titch
18-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Loyalty points have lost Hibs 2 adult and 4 child season tickets here.(big deal i know):rolleyes:
I can't get to many games with the job i'm in, however i buy my season tickets every year to ensure i get the games i can make it to HOME/AWAY.
having a season ticket will no longer guarentee me priority so its (loyalty) pointless.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Loyalty points have lost Hibs 2 adult and 4 child season tickets here.(big deal i know):rolleyes:
I can't get to many games with the job i'm in, however i buy my season tickets every year to ensure i get the games i can make it to HOME/AWAY.
having a season ticket will no longer guarentee me priority so its (loyalty) pointless.

Titch, that's a shame to hear, think you'll get tickets to most away games next season if we go up. Only place that may be tough is Tynie

CapitalGreen
18-05-2015, 12:49 PM

How can you ever be guaranteed away tickets when the number of Season tickets > number of away tickets available?

andrew70
18-05-2015, 12:53 PM

It's not pointless at all. You get more points for an ST than you do if you attend every home game as walk-up.

The threshold mirrors this.

Where Hibs went wrong this time around was to include next seasons points before then setting a threshold that overlooked there original comments about the points being reset. A mistake, for sure however buying a ST is of paramount importance to Hibs as it guarantees them finances that otherwise they can't account for.

Season ticket holders have and always will be first in the queue so to speak.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 01:11 PM
It's not pointless at all. You get more points for an ST than you do if you attend every home game as walk-up.

Where Hibs went wrong this time around was to include next seasons points before then setting a threshold that overlooked this. A mistake, for sure however buying a ST is of paramount importance to Hibs as it guarantees them finances that otherwise they can't account for.

I agree but there is now a movement to suggest regular away game goers are to be a priority above season ticket holders.

I don't agree and I would likely be fine either way points wise.

You can't sell season tickets as priority then change it. I also think it's a dangerous route to go to devalue the regular season ticket.

HibsNutter
18-05-2015, 01:14 PM
All very good and allows more loyal supporters to get first dibs on tickets when they are limited. Only thing I have a problem with is people buying loads for their mates and keeping all the points for themselves.

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 01:17 PM
All very good and allows more loyal supporters to get first dibs on tickets when they are limited. Only thing I have a problem with is people buying loads for their mates and keeping all the points for themselves.

That shouldn't be the case.....

I'm all for loyalty system, the ones who go away every week should receive tickets for away games first IMO

IanM
18-05-2015, 01:18 PM
If it's not too late just follow the Hearts model.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2015, 01:28 PM

I'm all for loyalty system, the ones who go away every week should receive tickets for away games first IMO

Agreed. Hopefully this is the way things go so we don't have too many more days like today, where regulars are missing out. I'm pretty sure any loyalty scheme, anywhere else, rewards their most loyal customers.

PatHead
18-05-2015, 01:28 PM
I think season tickets should get priority as a reward for putting their money up front. Season tickets have little added value as it is and to devalue them more would reduce the benefit even further.

For games like a limit of perhaps a season ticket plus enough points for say 6 away games would be the best solution.

I know that next season with games in Inverness, Dingwall, Aberdeen etc a lot of folk will struggle to go to away games due to family commitments. It will be a bit different for numbers.

dangermouse
18-05-2015, 01:36 PM
If you went to every home and away league game you would still have less loyalty points than a season ticket holder.

andrew70
18-05-2015, 01:48 PM
I agree but there is now a movement to suggest regular away game goers are to be a priority above season ticket holders.

You can't sell season tickets as priority then change it. I also think it's a dangerous route to go to devalue the regular season ticket.

The season ticket holder should and will always come first.

Those who travel away to games regularly will mostly be ST holders anyway IMO!

The first point thresholds will always be over and above the maximum that any non ST holder can attain, quite rightly.

I don't understand how people can say having an ST isn't worthy of guaranteeing them preferential treatment following the introduction of loyalty points?

This system is long past it's due date and there will be teething problems but bare with Hibs they will get this right and reward our most loyal supporters.

liamh2202
18-05-2015, 01:52 PM

Where Hibs went wrong this time around was to include next seasons points before then setting a threshold that overlooked this. A mistake, for sure however buying a ST is of paramount importance to Hibs as it guarantees them finances that otherwise they can't account for.

This isn't correct, a season ticket holder would have 150 points... The cutoff was 180

andrew70
18-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Agreed. Hopefully this is the way things go so we don't have too many more days like today, where regulars are missing out. I'm pretty sure any loyalty scheme, anywhere else, rewards their most loyal customers.

Rewarding customers and rewarding supporters are, in this instance, two different things.

A customer would surely be giving Hibs the money rather than other clubs.

A supporter, well that's everyone single of us, just a pity that we can't make everyone happy.

We average I think 1-1.5k away following, I've been at Ibrox with less than 600 though. The demand was there this time around but just because regular away travellers missed out it doesn't mean that Hibs are not rewarding their main customers.

andrew70
18-05-2015, 01:56 PM
This isn't correct, a season ticket holder would have 150 points... The cutoff was 180

Good point and this goes back to the mistake they made as I mentioned earlier clearly Hibs were rewarding ST holders who had renewed for next year as well.

If they weren't doing that then the points threshold would have been 150+

It was wrong to include next season's points but having done so I can understand why they did, rewarding their most loyal customers

B.H.F.C
18-05-2015, 02:12 PM
Rewarding customers and rewarding supporters are, in this instance, two different things.

A customer would surely be giving Hibs the money rather than other clubs.

A supporter, well that's everyone single of us, just a pity that we can't make everyone happy.

We average I think 1-1.5k away following, I've been at Ibrox with less than 600 though. The demand was there this time around but just because regular away travellers missed out it doesn't mean that Hibs are not rewarding their main customers.

No idea why I even typed customer as opposed to supporter. For me it's simple though. More games attended means more points, means more chance of getting a ticket. In this instance, someone who has been at as few as 5 games this season could have been in the priority group for tickets. And I just didn't think that was right.

I hope they make it clear going in to next year how this will operate.

Titch
18-05-2015, 02:36 PM
The season ticket holder should and will always come first.

Those who travel away to games regularly will mostly be ST holders anyway IMO!

The first point thresholds will always be over and above the maximum that any non ST holder can attain, quite rightly.

I don't understand how people can say having an ST isn't worthy of guaranteeing them preferential treatment following the introduction of loyalty points?

This system is long past it's due date and there will be teething problems but bare with Hibs they will get this right and reward our most loyal supporters.

my point is that i dont get to all home games anymore never mind away games. so the fact that having a season ticket doesnt get me first priority ( which is the main reason i fork out over £800 a year) means there is NO POINT in me buying 6 relativly unused tickets.

i suppose my sister will be a bit upset as she has used them most of this season.

i also understand that we have more season ticket holders than tickets avail at most grounds however being a season ticket holder i've ALWAYS gotten tickets for any game i have wished to attend.

andrew70
18-05-2015, 03:12 PM
my point is that i dont get to all home games anymore never mind away games. so the fact that having a season ticket doesnt get me first priority ( which is the main reason i fork out over £800 a year) means there is NO POINT in me buying 6 relativly unused tickets.

i suppose my sister will be a bit upset as she has used them most of this season.

i also understand that we have more season ticket holders than tickets avail at most grounds however being a season ticket holder i've ALWAYS gotten tickets for any game i have wished to attend.

It does get you first priority though unless I am completely missing something!

If I wasn't a ST holder (this year and renewed for next) I wouldn't have been entitled to purchase tickets today for example.

Apologies if I am missing something though mate.

liamh2202
18-05-2015, 03:13 PM
It does get you first priority though unless I am completely missing something!

If I wasn't a ST holder (this year and renewed for next) I wouldn't have been entitled to purchase tickets today for example.

Apologies if I am missing something though mate.

A season gets you 150 points maybe he hasn't renewed yet.. So he wouldn't be entitled

Onceinawhile
18-05-2015, 03:16 PM

It's not possible, you can only get the points for one ticket regardless of how many you buy.

Iggy Pope
18-05-2015, 03:35 PM

Now, there is a classic slice of misinformation.
If the buyer doesn't reassign the points to others then they are lost.
Buy dozens if you like, you only get points for one.

And for the OP. Buying your ST gets you loyalty points. Going to other games helps too. 950 tickets would never have satisfied all season holders.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Now, there is a classic slice of misinformation.
If the buyer doesn't reassign the points to others then they are lost.
Buy dozens if you like, you only get points for one.

And for the OP. Buying your ST gets you loyalty points. Going to other games helps too. 950 tickets would never have satisfied all season holders.

You're right. Supply was limited.

The point though is would it be right for a season ticket holder not to have had the option of being in the mix for one?

The latest suggestions are that unless you added a lot of other points going to away games you wouldn't have had a shot at all.

I don't think that is the right way to go.

3pm
18-05-2015, 03:48 PM

The point though is would it be right for a season ticket holder not to have had the option of being in the mix for one?

The latest suggestions are that unless you added a lot of other points going to away games you wouldn't have had a shot at all.

I have been to 4 away games this year.

My season ticket will guarantee me an away ticket for most games so there is a priority.

There should be a small extension to that priority so If you have been to all the away games there is a very small band of Hibs fans should benefit from that.

You don't just support the team at home.

Titch
18-05-2015, 03:49 PM

Unless i am mistaken this is what i was getting at. i believe regardless of how many away games you go to ALL season ticket holders should be in the same bracket IE. first priorty for any tickets not covered by the season ticket.

Just my opinion however and dont care to get into an arguement over UBERFANS who go to every game.

for as long as i have been a season ticket holder (20 years) season ticket holders have had an equal first priorty and thus why i have renewed year on year instead of just walking up to the games i want to go to. I could have got tickets for most games i have attended over the last 20 years without a season ticket however i renewed just incase i needed the priority.

marinello59
18-05-2015, 03:58 PM

I'd agree. They have to get the balance right when setting the point levels so that all fans are rewarded but anything that removes the perceived value of a season ticket can only damage the club in terms of lost sales. Adding some points from Away games seems fair enough but not at a level that will only see a very small group guaranteed tickets whilst the vast majority of ST holders are either locked out or have their chances of tickets restricted.
To be honest I don't remember this sort of situation being mentioned when loyalty schemes were discussed on here in the past, it was more to do with rewarding walk-up fans who had no priority at all.

Makaveli
18-05-2015, 03:59 PM

Similar position here. My points were sitting on 170-something so I couldn't even try for Ibrox.

And given that away/cup priority was explicitly listed as a benefit when I handed over my 400 notes last year, it's pretty galling that they decided to add a level above those of us who are "just" ST holders midway through the season.

Titch
18-05-2015, 04:00 PM
I'd agree. They have to get the balance right when setting the point levels so that all fans are rewarded but anything that removes the perceived value of a season ticket can only damage the club in terms of lost sales. Adding some points from Away games seems fair enough but not at a level that will only see a very small group guaranteed tickets whilst the vast majority of ST holders are either locked out or have their chances of tickets restricted.
To be honest I don't remember this sort of situation being discussed when loyalty schemes were discussed on here in the past, it was more to do with rewarding walk-up fans who had no priority at all.
its already lost the club my 6 season tickets

Ozyhibby
18-05-2015, 04:03 PM
People seem to be stressing a bit too much about this. There are very few games where tickets are in short supply and when they are, the people who really want to go find a way to get a ticket.
It's a shame some people are missing out on wed but at least there are plenty of tickets available for the return leg on sat.

marinello59
18-05-2015, 04:06 PM
People seem to be stressing a bit too much about this. There are very few games where tickets are in short supply and when they are, the people who really want to go find a way to get a ticket.
It's a shame some people are missing out on wed but at least there are plenty of tickets available for the return leg on sat.

I think you are right. This weeks game was always going to leave some people disappointed at not getting a ticket, loyalty scheme or not. We won't have many games where demand is so high and supply so tight as this.

bod
18-05-2015, 04:12 PM
if you purchase anything in the club shop then you should get points aswell ( however small they'll be ) added, encouraging punters to buy strips & the likes

iwasthere1972
18-05-2015, 04:18 PM

I would agree with you if you meant that they were also season ticket holders.

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 04:20 PM
I would agree with you if you meant that they were also season ticket holders.

Season Ticket plus away game points, staggered down the way.....So 300 first two days, 280 so on until sold out

legends of 73
18-05-2015, 04:21 PM

Totally agree with this show some loyalty to the folk that travel week in week out

iwasthere1972
18-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Season Ticket plus away game points, staggered down the way.....

:agree: it's got to be.

DH1875
18-05-2015, 04:28 PM
This thread reminds me of when the infirm cry about cup final tickets being split 50/50. They harp on about how they have 30k ST holders and that won't all get a ticket and we laugh at them. Think how you guys would feel if you missed out on a cup final ticket despite being a ST holder. I don't see how a ST can guarantee you ticket for any away game not when we've got 7k ST holders. What if they all decide to turn up. Barca will play in the champions league final. Are all their ST holders guaranteed a ticket, I don't think so. Wonder if their fans that miss out will renew for next season.
Does a ST give priority for tickets, yes. Does a ST guarantee tickets for every game, I don't think it ever did.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 04:31 PM
This thread reminds me of when the infirm cry about cup final tickets being split 50/50. They harp on about how they have 30k ST holders and that won't all get a ticket and we laugh at them. Think how you guys would feel if you missed out on a cup final ticket despite being a ST holder. I don't see how a ST can guarantee you ticket for any away game not when we've got 7k ST holders. What if they all decide to turn up. Barca will play in the champions league final. Are all their ST holders guaranteed a ticket, I don't think so. Wonder if their fans that miss out will renew for next season.
Does a ST give priority for tickets, yes. Does a ST guarantee tickets for every game, I don't think it ever did.

It should guarantee you a shot.

liamh2202
18-05-2015, 04:44 PM

It wasn't sold to give priority. It was sold giving first priority.

marinello59
18-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Season Ticket plus away game points, staggered down the way.....So 300 first two days, 280 so on until sold out

I agree with you on the principle of banding but I think there has to be a balance struck so that season Ticket holders aren't left too far behind. I would suggest that they should never be any lower than the second banding. For most matches we play though given the usual supply and demand ST holders will probably be in the top banding anyway.

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Surely the only people who had enough points were ST holders who had also attended away games or am I wrong?

blackpoolhibs
18-05-2015, 04:51 PM
When i had a season ticket, it was never used for every home game but i still bought one because it Guaranteed me a ticket if we ever made a cup final, and put me in with a near 100% chance of getting a ticket for the bus shelter.

If there was a change to this, then a season ticket in future would not probably be worthwhile for me?

liamh2202
18-05-2015, 04:56 PM
When i had a season ticket, it was never used for every home game but i still bought one because it Guaranteed me a ticket if we ever made a cup final, and put me in with a near 100% chance of getting a ticket for the bus shelter.

If there was a change to this, then a season ticket in future would not probably be worthwhile for me?

I am the same.. Bought two for next year, won't be at every home game but thought it would put me in the top group for big game tickets. If this isn't the case I will go back to a walk up and probably attend more away games than home as it's more convenient travel wise

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Loyalty points are just that, folk who are ST holders and attend away games of course deserve to have more loyalty points than those that only have ST's. If that equates to higher priority for tickets then so be it, that's the whole idea of a loyalty scheme surely?

Keith_M
18-05-2015, 04:57 PM

But wouldn't you get a large number of Loyalty Points from having the Season Ticket?

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 04:59 PM
I agree with you on the principle of banding but I think there has to be a balance struck so that season Ticket holders aren't left too far behind. I would suggest that they should never be any lower than the second banding. For most matches we play though given the usual supply and demand ST holders will probably be in the top banding anyway.

Yeah agree ST holders should be in second banding, after ST holders who travel away.......

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Loyalty points are just that, folk who are ST holders and attend away games of course deserve to have more loyalty points than those that only have ST's. If that equates to higher priority for tickets then so be it, that's the whole idea of a loyalty scheme surely?

Nailed it......

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Yeah agree ST holders should be in second banding, after ST holders who travel away.......

That has to be the way, otherwise the scheme is a waste of time.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 05:01 PM
But wouldn't you get a large number of Loyalty Points from having the Season Ticket?

Yeah but the cut off could be above what you get for that for some games. I think it makes it less attractive. You've always been able to opt in if you really wanted to go to a game like Wednesday. At least to have a shot for a ticket.

I don't believe this scheme was brought in to create priority above season ticket holders but maybe it will go that way. I think that would be a dodgy road to go down.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 05:03 PM
That has to be the way, otherwise the scheme is a waste of time.

Why was this intention never asked for and never discussed at the launch then?

It was all about a way to create some priority for walk ups who would otherwise be in the general sale. That was the point of it and far more relevant an issue.

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Yeah but the cut off could be above what you get for that for some games. I think it makes it less attractive. You've always been able to opt in if you really wanted to go to a game like Wednesday. At least to have a shot for a ticket.

I don't believe this scheme was brought in to create priority above season ticket holders but maybe it will go that way. I think that would be a dodgy road to go down.

No, this scheme was brought in to reward loyalty and that's exactly what it does, why is that so hard for folk to understand? The clue is in the name!

Ken
18-05-2015, 05:07 PM

In that case there is no point in having a loyalty points system.

It works for a lot of other clubs in the UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
18-05-2015, 05:07 PM
Unless i am mistaken this is what i was getting at. i believe regardless of how many away games you go to ALL season ticket holders should be in the same bracket IE. first priorty for any tickets not covered by the season ticket.

Just my opinion however and dont care to get into an arguement over UBERFANS who go to every game.

for as long as i have been a season ticket holder (20 years) season ticket holders have had an equal first priorty and thus why i have renewed year on year instead of just walking up to the games i want to go to. I could have got tickets for most games i have attended over the last 20 years without a season ticket however i renewed just incase i needed the priority.

Disagree.

First bracket is - are you a season ticket holder or not?

Then when supply is limited it is - how many away games have you as a ST holder been to (loyality points).

Hibs dropped the ball by allowing ST holders who have renewed to form the first category, but in that respect Hibs are rewarding continued future loyality.

Shouldn't be an issue next season as you get points for being a ST Holder, then the away points are added to it.

Really shouldn't then be another reward for renewing.

J

B.H.F.C
18-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Why was this intention never asked for and never discussed at the launch then?

It was all about a way to create some priority for walk ups who would otherwise be in the general sale. That was the point of it and far more relevant an issue.

I've read you repeatedly say that was the intention of the scheme? What do you base it on?

Bristolhibby
18-05-2015, 05:10 PM

ST holder should always trump a non ST holder, even if that non ST holder has been to every away game.

We then get into the debate about how to sub categorise ST Holders, and away points is the only way.

J

Andy74
18-05-2015, 05:13 PM
I've read you repeatedly say that was the intention of the scheme? What do you base it on?

Turning it around people keep saying that the whole point is to reward loyalty and that has to include rewarding people over and above season ticket holders. Where does it say that or where was that ever discussed?

A scheme that rewards the loyalty of walk ups is still a loyalty scheme.

If season tickets were not to continue as the top priority as has been the case forever then that should have been made very very clear before they sold them again.

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Turning it around people keep saying that the whole point is to reward loyalty and that has to include rewarding people over and above season ticket holders. Where does it say that or where was that ever discussed?

If season tickets were not to continue as the top priority as has been the case forever then that should have been made very very clear before they sold them again.

Haha you're on the wind up! Where does it say that the most loyal supporters will be rewarded by the loyalty scheme..... really? You love going around in pointless circles trying to wind folk up eh.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote from Hibs website.

When tickets go on sale for hugely popular games where demand is likely to exceed the allocation, supporters with the most loyalty points will be able to purchase tickets first. Therefore attending more matches, home and away, will mean that you will have a greater chance of being able to attend the games where there is limited allocation.

Based on that, if you have a season ticket and attend all away games, you should have a greater chance of getting tickets than someone who is simply a season ticket holder.

Yes it's always been the case that season ticket holders have had priority but there has simply never been anything else in place that would allow them to allocate things any differently. They now have the tools to allow them to do so.

HH81
18-05-2015, 05:23 PM
I just received 10 points for changing my address.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2015, 05:30 PM

It really is that simple.

My_Wife_Camille
18-05-2015, 05:38 PM

Youve mentioned this a few times and I still don't get it. How can you possibly disagree with regular away game goers having priority for away games?

DanTheMan
18-05-2015, 05:47 PM
I only missed a few games this season, I'm on 160 points not had the money to renew my season ticket so missed out on a ticket for Wed night so yeah pretty gutted about that.

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2015, 05:49 PM
I just received 10 points for changing my address.

I just received 10 points for being able to explain how a loyalty scheme works.Apparently some folk won't get them.

iwasthere1972
18-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Youve mentioned this a few times and I still don't get it. How can you possibly disagree with regular away game goers having priority for away games?

I think they would still have to be a season ticket holder too otherwise away supporters wouldn't reach 150 points (based on 5 points for an away game) until near the end of the season. That's if they went to them all.

Titch
18-05-2015, 05:51 PM
No, this scheme was brought in to reward loyalty and that's exactly what it does, why is that so hard for folk to understand? The clue is in the name!

i understand perfectly. However buying my 6 season tickets no longer gives me first priority for higher cat games.

IMO season ticket holders (ALL OF THEM) regardless of games attended away from home should have first priority for tickets. Its the reason i have bought season tickets over the past 2/3 years even though im unable to attend nearly half of games due to deployment etc..

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2015, 05:55 PM
i understand perfectly. However buying my 6 season tickets no longer gives me first priority for higher cat games.

IMO season ticket holders (ALL OF THEM) regardless of games attended away from home should have first priority for tickets. Its the reason i have bought season tickets over the past 2/3 years even though im unable to attend nearly half of games due to deployment etc..

You had to be a ST holder to get first priority this time, your suggestion makes the loyalty scheme pretty pointless if those who show more loyalty are not rewarded.

Titch
18-05-2015, 05:56 PM
May

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 05:58 PM

Do you understand what the concept of a loyalty scheme is?

My_Wife_Camille
18-05-2015, 05:59 PM
I think they would still have to be a season ticket holder too otherwise away supporters wouldn't reach 150 points (based on 5 points for an away game) until near the end of the season. That's if they went to them all.
Agreed mate, I was working on the basis that people who go to all the away games are usually season ticket holders which I wont always be the case.

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2015, 05:59 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

A mistake, bloody small phone keypad.

Titch
18-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Do you understand what the concept of a loyalty scheme is?

yes i do understand like i have said before. in the 20 years i have been a season ticket holder (including this year) season ticket holders regardless of how many away games they have attended have first priority over higher demand games. the club have moved the goal posts on this occasion and it doesnt sit well with me. I have enough LOYALTY points that i could have bought a ticket had i been able to attend. doesnt change my feelings on the whole thing though

ALL IN MY OPINION OF COURSE

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2015, 06:14 PM
I don't see how anybody would think that a season ticket holder who hasn't been to an away game all season should get the same priority as someone who has been to every one just because it's an important game

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 06:18 PM
yes i do understand like i have said before. in the 20 years i have been a season ticket holder (including this year) season ticket holders regardless of how many away games they have attended have first priority over higher demand games. the club have moved the goal posts on this occasion and it doesnt sit well with me. I have enough LOYALTY points that i could have bought a ticket had i been able to attend. doesnt change my feelings on the whole thing though

ALL IN MY OPINION OF COURSE

It is rewarding ST holders who travel away from home. Great IMO

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 06:19 PM
I don't see how anybody would think that a season ticket holder who hasn't been to an away game all season should get the same priority as someone who has been to every one just because it's an important game

Exactly

woodythehibee
18-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Season ticket holders show great loyalty by stumping up the cash pre season.

Away games only benefit the opposing team financially.

ST holders should be at the top of the list for every sale perhaps together with people who have built up equivalent points.

Titch
18-05-2015, 06:34 PM

which is your opinion and i respect that. i was told when i bought my season ticket i would have FIRST priority over ALL tickets this season. i wasnt told i had to buy every away ticket also to ensure i "qualified"

Bristolhibby
18-05-2015, 06:54 PM
which is your opinion and i respect that. i was told when i bought my season ticket i would have FIRST priority over ALL tickets this season. i wasnt told i had to buy every away ticket also to ensure i "qualified"

This changed when loyality points were brought in.

Perhaps the club could have waited till next season, but they didn't.

Surely you agree that a season ticket holder who travels to away games is more "loyal" than a season ticket holder who only goes to away games?

The club is rewarding the fans who put the most effort into watching Hibs.

On a personal level I'm disadvantage from having a Loyality Scheme, as I love down South and usually was pretty quick on hitting websites in the past, but I can see how a Loyality Scheme is the fairest way to allocate tickets when demand exceeds supply.

I'm in the Scotland Supporters club and there's a similar system for away games. Points are awarded per away game attended. The maximum a member can get is 10, as the last 10 games are used. This way the fans who make the effort to go to ****ty friendlies are rewarded over the fans who just want tickets for Ireland in Dublin. Loyality schemes make sense.

J

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2015, 06:58 PM

ST holders should be at the top of the list for every sale perhaps together with people who have built up equivalent points.

So you would have to also be a season ticket holder to have enough points. For me a season ticket holder who goes to away games should have priority over a season ticket holder who has never been to an away game but just fancies it because it's a big game

andyf5
18-05-2015, 07:02 PM

I think there is case for banding the tickets in a different way. There are some loyal supporters who go to all away games and walk-ups who attend regularly and season ticket holders.

The banding of tickets could be

80% season ticket holders (banded for those who go to away games?)
10% for those who went to more than x away games
10% for walk ups with more than x games attendance

I have renewed my season ticket and been to quite a few away games so have plenty points and didn't get a ticket. That's how it goes as there were never enough tickets for everyone. I'm not sure that season tickets holders should have all the ticket priority.

Titch
18-05-2015, 07:05 PM
This changed when loyality points were brought in.

Perhaps the club could have waited till next season, but they didn't.

Surely you agree that a season ticket holder who travels to away games is more "loyal" than a season ticket holder who only goes to away games?

The club is rewarding the fans who put the most effort into watching Hibs.

On a personal level I'm disadvantage from having a Loyality Scheme, as I love down South and usually was pretty quick on hitting websites in the past, but I can see how a Loyality Scheme is the fairest way to allocate tickets when demand exceeds supply.

I'm in the Scotland Supporters club and there's a similar system for away games. Points are awarded per away game attended. The maximum a member can get is 10, as the last 10 games are used. This way the fans who make the effort to go to ****ty friendlies are rewarded over the fans who just want tickets for Ireland in Dublin. Loyality schemes make sense.

J

i think your missing the point im trying to make here i buy a season ticket FOR priority as i cant make every home game let alone away games. since the new loyalty scheme has come in there is no point in me getting a season ticket because the only games i really need it for will be games like wednesday and i wont have enough points to get a ticket.

blackpoolhibs
18-05-2015, 07:06 PM
I think there is case for banding the tickets in a different way. There are some loyal supporters who go to all away games and walk-ups who attend regularly and season ticket holders.

The banding of tickets could be

80% season ticket holders (banded for those who go to away games?)
10% for those who went to more than x away games
10% for walk ups with more than x games attendance

I have renewed my season ticket and been to quite a few away games so have plenty points and didn't get a ticket. That's how it goes as there were never enough tickets for everyone. I'm not sure that season tickets holders should have all the ticket priority.

I think this season it should have been the case, that was one of the conditions when they purchased their season ticket.

The new system was brought in halfway through, and if i'm honest is a bit of aa kick in the teeth for those who maybe bought a season ticket with that in mind?

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 07:08 PM
i think your missing the point im trying to make here i buy a season ticket FOR priority as i cant make every home game let alone away games. since the new loyalty scheme has come in there is no point in me getting a season ticket because the only games i really need it for will be games like wednesday and i wont have enough points to get a ticket.

If you cant make home games let alone away games, why are you so upset?

Titch
18-05-2015, 07:11 PM
If you cant make home games let alone away games, why are you so upset?

because i buy my season tickets to ensure i have at least first priority to the big game tickets and know it appears i wont.

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2015, 07:12 PM
because i buy my season tickets to ensure i have at least first priority to the big game tickets and know it appears i wont.

You buy a season ticket to ensure you get priority for big games? Really??

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 07:13 PM

So do you think you deserve one over someone who goes to all away games and has a ST?

Titch
18-05-2015, 07:14 PM
You buy a season ticket to ensure you get priority for big games? Really??

yes really and i have done for about 2/3 years now. however NOT ANYMORE:aok:

i'm not totally insane though my sister uses my tickets with my gran when i cant attend.

Titch
18-05-2015, 07:14 PM
So do you think you deserve one over someone who goes to all away games and has a ST?

No i think we should both have the same priority

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2015, 07:15 PM
yes really and i have done for about 2/3 years now. however NOT ANYMORE:aok:

Fair play then. As above do you think you should be rewarded the same as a season ticket holder who travels to every away game?m

I see you answered above. Not really rewarding loyalty then is it?

B.H.F.C
18-05-2015, 07:15 PM

So people who go to less games should have same priority. Why?

Bristolhibby
18-05-2015, 07:16 PM

I get your point, you have got priority, over me for example.
So for Tynecastle you are laughing.
950 tickets means not all Season ticket holders are going to be happy. 7,000 (or whatever it is) dosent go into 950. So the club has come up with a way to allocate those 950 in a more equitable way.

To be clear, there is no way that every ST holder who wanted a ticket for Wednesday would get one.
I guess you are miffed that the allocation is out of your control and they there is another subset of season tickets of which you are not a part.
I feel for you in that respect. The club could have held off until next season, and definitely not given renewals extra credit.

J

Titch
18-05-2015, 07:17 PM

because when i bought my season tickets before we were relegated last year i was told i would have

Andy74
18-05-2015, 07:17 PM

Correct. The same posters can post the word loyalty as often as they like. I understand the meaning of the word. The bit I disagree on is the target band of supporters that this is meant to reward. For me it's a way to bridge the gap between season ticket holders and walk ups.

I've never heard any other point of this discussed until a handful of posters this week.

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Correct. The same posters can post the word loyalty as often as they like. I understand the meaning of the word. The bit I disagree on is the target band of supporters that this is meant to reward. For me it's a way to bridge the gap between season ticket holders and walk ups.

I've never heard any other point of this discussed until a handful of posters this week.

Can you point me to where you have read this?

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 07:19 PM

That's your opinion, but doesn't sound fair. I think loyalty scheme is much fairer

Titch
18-05-2015, 07:19 PM
I get your point, you have got priority, over me for example.
So for Tynecastle you are laughing.
950 tickets means not all Season ticket holders are going to be happy. 7,000 (or whatever it is) dosent go into 950. So the club has come up with a way to allocate those 950 in a more equitable way.

To be clear, there is no way that every ST holder who wanted a ticket for Wednesday would get one.
I guess you are miffed that the allocation is out of your control and they there is another subset of season tickets of which you are not a part.
I feel for you in that respect. The club could have held off until next season, and definitely not given renewals extra credit.

J

i get what your saying. A game like Wednesday is the only time anyone will need priority for tickets and i think the lifeblood of the club SEASON TICKET HOLDERS should at least get the chance wether you travel away or not.

Hermit Crab
18-05-2015, 07:20 PM

How can someone who attends all game be at the same level as someone who doesn't, regardless if they've bought a season ticket and don't go. That's just not right. The fans who go to all games should be given priority over the ones that don't.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Can you point me to where you have read this?

No. Can you point me to anywhere that says season ticket holders won't be in top priority group? That would be a huge change in practice that has been around forever and you'd have thought would be made very clear?

BoomtownHibees
How can someone who attends all game be at the same level as someone who doesn't, regardless if they've bought a season ticket and don't go. That's just not right. The fans who go to all games should be given priority over the ones that don't.

Common sense

blackpoolhibs

Because that was one of the perks that EVERYONE who purchased a season ticket got. That was changed halfway through the season, a kick in the teeth for those who buy a season ticket expecting that priority in my opinion.

Nobody should be against folk who build up points by going away and accumulating more points than those who just go to home games, but this rule again in my opinion should have come in next season, not halfway through this one when some folk will now not get what they were promised when renewing last year.

BoomtownHibees
No. Can you point me to anywhere that says season ticket holders won't be in top priority group? That would be a huge change in practice that has been around forever and you'd have thought would be made very clear?

I have previously quoted from the website and another poster did earlier to you and you didn't reply to it

The loyalty scheme is a new system being put in place to reward loyalty. Folk who go to all games will get priority over those that only go at home

Titch
18-05-2015, 07:22 PM

Unless the season tickets were sold under the promise of FIRST PRIORITY. i feel we are going round in circles here.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 07:25 PM

Why's it not right? The club should look after season ticket holders and encourage their sale. All season ticket holders should be treated equally on this benefit.

Lucius Apuleius
18-05-2015, 07:26 PM
I know where Titch is coming from. I have bought my ST for years knowing I would be lucky to get to 3 or 4 home games in a season. It totally depended how it fell when I came home on leave whether I got to home/away games and also if family events were on that had been planned for me being home. I did manage a few more games this year due to being retired but illness dictated I missed loads as well. I also always assumed I would be in the first tranche of those eligible for "big game tickets" on the back of my ST. The introduction of the loyalty scheme scuppers it a bit but I understand why it has been done and cannot get over excited about it. I have never failed to get a ticket for any Hib's game I have wanted one for and I am 59. There is no system out there that is going to make everybody happy. PATG away games for instance, how do they ever get caught? They don't as far as I know, therefore everyone who goes to these games will feel miffed that they get no points.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Because that was one of the perks that EVERYONE who purchased a season ticket got. That was changed halfway through the season, a kick in the teeth for those who buy a season ticket expecting that priority in my opinion.

Nobody should be against folk who build up points by going away and accumulating more points than those who just go to home games, but this rule again in my opinion should have come in next season, not halfway through this one when some folk will now not get what they were promised when renewing last year.

Probably some fair points there. I'm perhaps looking at the bigger picture in that from what I'm reading, some people seem to think having a season ticket alone should entitle you to top priority going forward.

I do agree that bringing it in half way through a season was a bit silly. They did it to make things easier when we had limited allocations, so I guess I've just been a bit miffed that they didn't bother to use it. It defeated the purpose of bringing it in.

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Why's it not right? The club should look after season ticket holders and encourage their sale. All season ticket holders should be treated equally on this benefit.

From the website:

How will tickets be distributed?

In future, ticket sales will be done in point bands. This will mean that the sale of tickets will be staggered for the matches where there is a high demand for tickets, where those who have accumulated the most points by pre-purchasing tickets for both home and away matches will get the opportunity to purchase their tickets first. This will help stagger any queues at the Ticket Office and limit the numbers buying online at any one time.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 07:28 PM
I have previously quoted from the website and another poster did earlier to you and you didn't reply to it

The loyalty scheme is a new system being put in place to reward loyalty. Folk who go to all games will get priority over those that only go at home

Nothing in those quotes from the website says anything about the relative priority of season ticket holders.

It can be read that for walk ups the scheme will reward those who go home and away to a greater extent than those that just buy home tickets.

If you believe fundamentally that season ticket holders get first priority in any scheme and they should be treated equally, like has happened forever then that sits fine with the interpretation of the launch wording.

Hermit Crab
18-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Unless the season tickets were sold under the promise of FIRST PRIORITY. i feel we are going round in circles here.

This season the season ticket holders were given priority. The playoffs are not part of the season so this is the start of the points system kicking in.

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 07:29 PM

Season Ticket holders will have enough points should they travel to away games also. Fairest way to apportion tickets when we receive a small allocation. Are you being obtuse on purpose?

Andy74
18-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Season Ticket holders will have enough points should they travel to away games also. Fairest way to apportion tickets when we receive a small allocation. Are you being obtuse on purpose?

I disagree with you. That's fine isn't it?

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Nothing in those quotes from the website says anything about the relative priority of season ticket holders.

It can be read that for walk ups the scheme will reward those who go home and away to a greater extent than those that just buy home tickets.

If you believe fundamentally that season ticket holders get first priority in any scheme and they should be treated equally, like has happened forever then that sits fine with the interpretation of the launch wording.

So you think that a season ticket holder that only goes to home games is as much entitled to an away ticket as a supporter who has been to every home game and every away game?

If you do then that's your opinion however I can see the scheme being used differently going forward

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 07:31 PM

Of course not......

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2015, 07:31 PM

The statement I've quoted above clearly states that those with the highest points will be in the top banding

Andy74
18-05-2015, 07:34 PM
The statement I've quoted above clearly states that those with the highest points will be in the top banding

It does. It doesn't say what the banding is. What I'm saying is that it would always include just your normal season ticket holders.

I disagree that season ticket holders should be treated in any other way.

Billy Whizz
As an aside, how do other clubs run tickets for away games, when they have a limited supply. Do they ballot it, or have a loyalty scheme?

B.H.F.C

The practice has been around forever because there wasn't an alternative. Now there is. And a better one. More in line with what many other clubs use. Just because a practice has been around forever it doesn't mean it can't be bettered.

Pretty Boy
18-05-2015, 07:35 PM
How often is this even going to be an issue?

We are lucky to sell out an away allocation more than 4 or 5 times a season and that's being generous, even games at Tynecastle have regularly gone to general sale. The end of this season has been relatively exceptional circumstances and we are seeing huge demand for a couple of games.

I always thought the idea of a loyalty scheme was to reward regular walk ups more than anything, ST holders get so many points they generally fall into the top 2 bands of most other loyalty systems I have seen in operation. I've attended circa 80% of away game this season and wouldn't have felt at all bitter if a season ticket holder who has only attended 1 or 2 got a ticket today and I didn't. That's the breaks sometime and there will always be some away games more people are willing to adjust other plans for.

I understand others won't feel the same and I accept it's easy to be philosophical because I was lucky enough to get a ticket but seems to me this isn't something that's going to be an issue very often.

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2015, 07:35 PM
It does. It doesn't say what the banding is. What I'm saying is that it would always include just your normal season ticket holders.

I disagree that season ticket holders should be treated in any other way.

I read this part differently:

where those who have accumulated the most points by pre-purchasing tickets for both home and away matches will get the opportunity to purchase their tickets first.

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 07:36 PM
As an aside, how do other clubs run tickets for away games, when they have a limited supply. Do they ballot it, or have a loyalty scheme?

Hertz have a well run scheme, highest points get first dibs, then progresses on a sliding scale until sold out.....

Titch
18-05-2015, 07:37 PM
This season the season ticket holders were given priority. The playoffs are not part of the season so this is the start of the points system kicking in.

think we will just have to agree to disagree

Andy74
18-05-2015, 07:37 PM
How often is this even going to be an issue?

We are lucky to sell out an away allocation more than 4 or 5 times a season and that's being generous, even games at Tynecastle have regularly gone to general sale. The end of this season has been relatively exceptional circumstances and we are seeing huge demand for a couple of games.

I always thought the idea of a loyalty scheme was to reward regular walk ups more than anything, ST holders get so many points they generally fall into the top 2 bands of most other loyalty systems I have seen in operation. I've attended circa 80% of away game this season and wouldn't have felt at all bitter if a season ticket holder who has only attended 1 or 2 got a ticket today and I didn't. That's the breaks sometime and there will always be some away games more people are willing to adjust other plans for.

I understand others won't feel the same and I accept it's easy to be philosophical because I was lucky enough to get a ticket but seems to me this isn't something that's going to be an issue very often.

It won't happen often that's true. More reason not to potentially make a season ticket less attractive by opening the possibility of low supply games not being available to them.

Bristolhibby
18-05-2015, 07:39 PM

It's fine, but it ain't what's going to happen.

J

Titch
18-05-2015, 07:42 PM
It won't happen often that's true. More reason not to potentially make a season ticket less attractive by opening the possibility of low supply games not being available to them.

couldnt have put it better myself. think this is what ive been getting at for the past 3 hours:not worth

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Allowing ST holders to purchase multiple tickets for The SC Semi was a bizarre idea after introducing a loyalty scheme.

The Hearts system sounds ridiculously straightforward because its the only way a LOYALTY Scheme should be ran.

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 07:44 PM
couldnt have put it better myself. think this is what ive been getting at for the past 3 hours:not worth

Or you could still buy an ST, and try to amass points by watching away games?

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Allowing ST holders to purchase multiple tickets for The SC Semi was a bizarre idea after introducing a loyalty scheme.

The Hearts system sounds ridiculously straightforward because its the only way a LOYALTY Scheme should be ran.

Correct

Pretty Boy
18-05-2015, 07:47 PM

We had nigh on 30000 tickets if we wanted them. Not allowing ST holders to buy multiple tickets and sit with their mates would have been bizarre.

3pm
18-05-2015, 07:48 PM
This is ridiculous.

It's not just about providing Hibs with money, it's about SUPPORTING the team. If you do it every week then expect some reward.

I have been to 4 away games - I can't expect a ticket at the expense of someone who has went to 18 games away.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 07:48 PM
It's fine, but it ain't what's going to happen.

J

Maybe. I'm fine either way so my point isn't a personal one.

I don't think there's much of a supply issue generally and so I don't think there is a problem to solve in that home and away season ticket holder category.

My concern is more the erosion of the season ticket value if you happen to not make many away games as thousands cannot. For some they can only commit to the home games to help at home or whatever and they should not be put off by thinking they won't be able to have a shot at that bigger game if it arises.

I agree in the scheme to help walk up reach a decent level of priority for bigger games though. That's the real problem that needed solved by such a scheme.

Titch
18-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Or you could still buy an ST, and try to amass points by watching away games?

or i could just forget the season ticket and attend the games i can without having to fork out nearly £1000 in april because i no longer get my PRIORITY

jdships
18-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Have read all 120 posts and all I can offer is that when you have 75 years " service" and am 83 years old like me you won't have to worry about priorities !
You just turn up when you feel like it/ health allows - YESSSSSSSSS !!

:flag::aok:

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 07:52 PM
or i could just forget the season ticket and attend the games i can without having to fork out nearly £1000 in april because i no longer get my PRIORITY

Fine......Nobody forcing your arm

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Have read all 120 posts and all I can offer is that when you have 75 years " service" and am 83 years old like me you won't have to worry about priorities !
You just turn up when you feel like it/ health allows - YESSSSSSSSS !!

:flag::aok:

Ahhhh the old "god willing" philosophy.....:greengrin

Andy74
18-05-2015, 07:54 PM
This is ridiculous.

It's not just about providing Hibs with money, it's about SUPPORTING the team. If you do it every week then expect some reward.

I have been to 4 away games - I can't expect a ticket at the expense of someone who has went to 18 games away.

This is a dangerous attitude and road though. Some folk are lucky enough to get leeway to go each week others don't. We should be encouraging people who have to rationalise somehow to still commit to a season ticket. Priority has always been a key benefit in that.

I'm seeing arguments this last few days I've never heard raised as an issue before. This suggests there wasn't a problem to solve.

3pm
18-05-2015, 07:59 PM
This is a dangerous attitude and road though. Some folk are lucky enough to get leeway to go each week others don't. We should be encouraging people who have to rationalise somehow to still commit to a season ticket. Priority has always been a key benefit in that.

I'm seeing arguments this last few days I've never heard raised as an issue before. This suggests there wasn't a problem to solve.

There was always going to be a problem at some stage.

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 08:10 PM
There was always going to be a problem at some stage.

Exactly. I have been wanting this scheme for over ten years, and it was always going to be difficult this season with smaller grounds.

Bishop Hibee
18-05-2015, 08:17 PM
There haven't been many games where demand has vastly outstripped supply for away tickets. Biggest one I remember was away to Celtc back around 2001. I got a ticket but know 2 folk who were in the Celtc end. Crowd was over 60000 and unlike these days wasn't made up.

As said ST holders should get points but there should be points for all ticket purchases. I'm sure a fair system will be worked out.

ronaldo7
18-05-2015, 08:18 PM

The issue has been raised on many occasions re the travelling support, it was even discussed with Leeann and some supporters when she first arrived. It's been on the go for ages, just a pity they decided to bring in the system half way through the season imo.

3pm
18-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Exactly. I have been wanting this scheme for over ten years, and it was always going to be difficult this season with smaller grounds.

Has it even been that much of an issue this year? The Friday night game v Rangers is about it is it not?!

Iggy Pope
18-05-2015, 08:21 PM

It reads to me like you're in the huff. You fancy this one away game in a blue moon. (Must be this one as I can't think how you would be denied a ticket for anything or anywhere else). There are only 950 tickets for it. You could've bought three hundred 2014/15 Season Tickets and it still wouldn't have got you any extra priorities. The game isn't even a part of the 14/15 campaign as far as Season books are concerned.
Now the toys are out the pram and you're giving up your Season(s). I felt the same when I read about the way the allocation would be dealt with but for entirely different reasons - I don't think the Loyalty System caters for the people who doggedly supported the club while accumulating 330+ points at great time and expense, leaving them instead to scramble for tickets amongst people with half that commitment.
Too late to tell them to stuff next years seasons though as they are paid for already.

The club is starting to recognise the people who follow them regardless. And not before time, even if they still have a bit to do.

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Has it even been that much of an issue this year? The Friday night game v Rangers is about it is it not?!

Apart from last game at Falkirk, then maybe not. It will certainly be an issue should we have to go to Tyrecastle next season....

3pm
18-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Apart from last game at Falkirk, then maybe not. It will certainly be an issue should we have to go to Tyrecastle next season....

This is maybe my imagination but we struggle to sell the tickets for that dump. Usually go to a general sale.

The whole argument is bollocks. Folk wanting it all ways.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2015, 08:26 PM
This is maybe my imagination but we struggle to sell the tickets for that dump. Usually go to a general sale.

Not now with half an allocation

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 08:26 PM

Next season will be 1,200 tickets for the dump

3pm
18-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Next season will be 1,200 tickets for the dump

I was at the St Pats / HSL meeting last week and Dempster mentioned you by name.....you should be fine!! :o)

Andy74
It reads to me like you're in the huff. You fancy this one away game in a blue moon. (Must be this one as I can't think how you would be denied a ticket for anything or anywhere else). There are only 950 tickets for it. You could've bought three hundred 2014/15 Season Tickets and it still wouldn't have got you any extra priorities. The game isn't even a part of the 14/15 campaign as far as Season books are concerned.
Now the toys are out the pram and you're giving up your Season(s). I felt the same when I read about the way the allocation would be dealt with but for entirely different reasons - I don't think the Loyalty System caters for the people who doggedly supported the club while accumulating 330+ points at great time and expense, leaving them instead to scramble for tickets amongst people with half that commitment.
Too late to tell them to stuff next years seasons though as they are paid for already.

The club is starting to recognise the people who follow them regardless. And not before time, even if they still have a bit to do.

So the uber fan debate has now grown arms and legs.

This is the sort of thing I'm concerned about. You're happy to lose season ticket holders who are valuable to the club for the sake of some additional priority for the few who can travel every week getting some extra priority for very rare occasion games when supply is limited.

andyf5
I think this season it should have been the case, that was one of the conditions when they purchased their season ticket.

The new system was brought in halfway through, and if I'm honest is a bit of aa kick in the teeth for those who maybe bought a season ticket with that in mind?

To be honest I never bought my season ticket to get priority, I like my seat, I renewed early so the manager would know what budget he had for players and I've never had a problem getting tickets for away games.

I appreciate tho that a number of people on this thread did buy season tickets for priority but 7000 into 900 was never going to work anyway. I'm sure hibs will look at the comments. This season communications and decisions, I think, have been much better overall.

Baldy Foghorn
I was at the St Pats / HSL meeting last week and Dempster mentioned you by name.....you should be fine!! :o)

Did she, wow I'm imfamous

3pm
18-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Did she, wow I'm imfamous

It was nothing good, she just said you were rubbish at pool!!

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 08:35 PM
It was nothing good, she just said you were rubbish at pool!!

:greengrin:greengrin

FJG28
18-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Will the priority system have a staggered fresh hold for big games?

From a personal view I cant justify a season ticket being a student in Aberdeen (travel costs on a tight budget) and think its only fair season ticket holders get first priority
Obviously days like today it would be impossible to sell in thresholds however previous cup finals I only managed to get there by luck through the ticket ballot or a mad scramble at general sale despite going to be 15+ home/aways over the season.

I was hoping that had we made the cup final and got celtic that me having built up around 40 points would be enough to separate myself from the hampden day-trippers and avoid the mad scramble for the remaining tickets.

Titch
18-05-2015, 08:36 PM

no the toys arent out the pram i have already stated i have enough points from the away games ive managed to attend this year to get a ticket had i been able to attend.

The point is there was no need to put season ticket holders into different priority they should all be in the highest bracket IN MY OPINION.

AT GREAT TIME AND EXPENSE i spend nearly £150 every time i travel to a Hibs game( with 4 kids and a wife ) on fuel food etc... thats on top of the money i have already spent on season tickets. How about we just give priority to people based on thier post code the further away you are the higher priority you get as your spending more money getting to the game

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2015, 08:41 PM
no the toys arent out the pram i have already stated i have enough points from the away games ive managed to attend this year to get a ticket had i been able to attend.

The point is there was no need to put season ticket holders into different priority they should all be in the highest bracket IN MY OPINION.

AT GREAT TIME AND EXPENSE i spend nearly £150 every time i travel to a Hibs game on fuel food etc... thats on top of the money i have already spent on season tickets. How about we just give priority to people based on thier post code the further away you are the higher priority you get as your spending more money getting to the game

So if you have a season ticket and go to away games, what's your issue?

Titch
18-05-2015, 08:43 PM
So if you have a season ticket and go to away games, what's your issue?

my issue is IN MY OPINION season tickets should have the highest priority BAR NONE. Its the way its always been and again IN MY OPINION its the way it should stay. the loyalty scheme should only seperate the every other game walk ups from the once in a blue moon walk ups

the away games i get to are dictated by what i'm doing/where i'm posted at work

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 08:45 PM
my issue is IN MY OPINION season tickets should have the highest priority BAR NONE. Its the way its always been and again IN MY OPINION its the way it should stay. the loyalty scheme should only seperate the every other game walk ups from the once in a blue moon walk ups

ST holder's who attend away games, should get preference over a ST holder, who only goes to home games.....It is rewarding loyalty. On this point, I'm done with this discussion.....:aok:

Hibernian Verse
18-05-2015, 08:46 PM

Hold on a second.

If you had a season ticket last year, and renewed this year then you would have had a shot for a ticket on Wednesday which is what everyone is asking for.

So therefore forking out £1000 in April does give you priority. Just like many others will have done, therefore with 950 tickets you'd have to be extremely lucky regardless.

I don't get the point?

Hibernian Verse
18-05-2015, 08:47 PM
ST holder's who attend away games, should get preference over a ST holder, who only goes to home games.....It is rewarding loyalty. On this point, I'm done with this discussion.....:aok:

Exactly, that's the highest band of supporter according to loyalty points. Going to 36 league games a season should get you a ****ing medal never mind priority over everyone else.

blackpoolhibs
To be honest I never bought my season ticket to get priority, I like my seat, I renewed early so the manager would know what budget he had for players and I've never had a problem getting tickets for away games.

I appreciate tho that a number of people on this thread did buy season tickets for priority but 7000 into 900 was never going to work anyway. I'm sure hibs will look at the comments. This season communications and decisions, I think, have been much better overall.

I'd imagine most were like you, but for some like myself when i was a season ticket holder, it was one of the main reasons i bought a season ticket.

It certainly was not for value as i did miss a lot of the early kick offs, not Hibs fault i may add.

Titch
Hold on a second.

If you had a season ticket last year, and renewed this year then you would have had a shot for a ticket on Wednesday which is what everyone is asking for.

So therefore forking out £1000 in April does give you priority. Just like many others will have done, therefore with 950 tickets you'd have to be extremely lucky regardless.

I don't get the point?

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
if i was able to go to wednesdays game i would have got a ticket this is not the issue the issue is seperating the priority of season tickets is what doesnt sit well with me. also i have not renewed my season tickets and with what has come to light over the loyalty scheme i will now not be renewing.

Hibernian Verse
18-05-2015, 08:49 PM
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

No i do kind of understand now after reading your next post after. I get that it's a bit **** that it's dictated by your personal circumstances but the club has to cater for the masses.

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2015, 08:50 PM

the away games i get to are dictated by what i'm doing/where i'm posted at work

It has always been this way as there was no loyalty scheme in place. Times have changed and I have a feeling you will be left disappointed

Hiber-nation
18-05-2015, 08:51 PM

Absolutely and to me it's completely irrational to think otherwise.

Titch
18-05-2015, 08:55 PM
It has always been this way as there was no loyalty scheme in place. Times have changed and I have a feeling you will be left disappointed

i wont be left disappointed mate as i have decided i will not be renewing due to not getting priority anymore.

to put it another way take hibs.net for example

when things get hectic on here and traffic on the site is too much guests are for want of a better word "booted"

then go the non paying members however if they suddenly booted paying members with a lower post count than 10000 posts people would start getting upset

you pay your membership in order to help with the upkeep of the site also in the knowledge that should traffic be too high you will still be able to log on

Titch
18-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Absolutely and to me it's completely irrational to think otherwise.

so what about the people that go to all the under21s game? ladies games? xmas parties? all these things bring more money into the club than away games

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2015, 08:58 PM
i wont be left disappointed mate as i have decided i will not be renewing due to not getting priority anymore.

to put it another way take hibs.net for example

when things get hectic on here and traffic on the site is too much guests are for want of a better word "booted"

then go the non paying members however if they suddenly booted paying members with a lower post count than 10000 posts people would start getting upset

you pay your membership in order to help with the upkeep of the site also in the knowledge that should traffic be too high you will still be able to log on

I can't get it in to my head why anybody would think those that go to every game, home and away, shouldn't have priority over those that only go at home. It seems a very strange way of thinking to me.

Titch
18-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Anyway i think i've trebled my post count on this thread and as Baldy has said before me i'm done with this discussion GGTTH:aok::gwa:

blackpoolhibs
18-05-2015, 09:00 PM
so what about the people that go to all the under21s game? ladies games? xmas parties? all these things bring more money into the club than away games

:timebomb::worms:

Hiber-nation
18-05-2015, 09:18 PM

Its not just about bringing money into the club. Its also about spending money to support the club.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Its not just about bringing money into the club. Its also about spending money to support the club.

Yes but you want to maximise the amount of people willing to pay up front to put money into the club.

Doing anything to devalue a season ticket is a bit risky.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2015, 09:40 PM

No, it's not about money, it's about being there to support the team

Hermit Crab
18-05-2015, 09:45 PM
What a complete and utter car crash of a thread.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 09:46 PM
No, it's not about money, it's about being there to support the team

Okay so if people can't afford that but back the club straight away with a season ticket they should be down the priority list?

Football clubs say their season ticket sales are the lifeblood. If people prioritise that then they should get the benefit.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 09:48 PM
What a complete and utter car crash of a thread.

I think it's quite interesting actually. No one is falling out.

If the scheme is to operate the way suggested that's a huge change in a very well established basic right of a season ticket holder.

If holders were aware I think a discussion on this would be expected?

Ken
18-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Am I right in thinking this is the 1st game we've sold out this season in the 1st day of ticket sales? Therefore a season ticket holder could of attended all games up to this point of the season if they wanted to? This is also the same in most seasons.

Rewarding the season ticket holders like Baldy Foghorn who attend all games is the right thing to do and the reason the Loyalty Scheme was put in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
18-05-2015, 10:49 PM

On the launch thread I just had a scan at you were one of those who said it was fine as long as season ticket holders stayed ahead of the game.

Not picking on you but that was the consensus of the original launch thread.

FranckSuzy
18-05-2015, 11:00 PM

Best bit about the meeting was LD asking about the Yams and the Ronnie Corbett connection :faf:

TowerHibs
18-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Funny thread with the main culprits stirring the sh!!t.

ST are no being devalued and still have priority. They just have less than those who have the same season tickets but also go to away games. ST will still have 1st dibs if we go to Hampden, or for Tynecastle. I think some guys on here are just desperate to be number 1 fan.

You will all get tickets for games if you want one. I've not been a ST holder for years but get to any game. Demand rarely outstrips what is available. (Granted this week in an exception, even then I have turned down a ticket. )

Loyalty scheme is fine and fair. High horse ST holders crying as it's undervaluing there purchase is laughable. It's from the same posters that would go no mater what, just using it as an excuse to kick the club or attention seeking

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 06:49 AM
On the launch thread I just had a scan at you were one of those who said it was fine as long as season ticket holders stayed ahead of the game.

Not picking on you but that was the consensus of the original launch thread.

And season ticket holders have stayed ahead of the game as far as I can see, season ticket holders who also attend the majority of away games have a slight priority over those who don't, how else can you award loyalty points other than to those who show more loyalty? I bought my first season ticket at Hibs in 92, I still have one and enjoy the benefits that go with it, I rarely go to away games (probably 4 or 5 a season on average) and accept that those who go to far more deserve to have priority over me due to their continued loyalty. That's my opinion and people are of course entitled to disagree, though how you can expect to have a loyalty scheme that doesn't reward our most loyal supporters is totally beyond me. :confused:

Here it is as explained at the launch from Hibs

In future, ticket sales will be done in point bands. This will mean that the sale of tickets will be staggered for the matches where there is a high demand for tickets, where those who have accumulated the most points by pre-purchasing tickets for both home and away matches will get the opportunity to purchase their tickets first. This will help stagger any queues at the Ticket Office and limit the numbers buying online at any one time.

BoomtownHibees
19-05-2015, 07:02 AM
And season ticket holders have stayed ahead of the game as far as I can see, season ticket holders who also attend the majority of away games have a slight priority over those who don't, how else can you award loyalty points other than to those who show more loyalty? I bought my first season ticket at Hibs in 92, I still have one and enjoy the benefits that go with it, I rarely go to away games (probably 4 or 5 a season on average) and accept that those who go to far more deserve to have priority over me due to their continued loyalty. That's my opinion and people are of course entitled to disagree, though how you can expect to have a loyalty scheme that doesn't reward our most loyal supporters is totally beyond me. :confused:

Exactly what I quoted last night. Andy seems to ask for proof and then disappear when proof is provided.

DH1875
19-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Wonder what the cut off will be for the motherwell game. If every ST holder decided to go, they won't all get in. And as already pointed out in the thread, wait till we play at the pbs next season. Place could go into melt down :o

Andy74
19-05-2015, 07:48 AM
Exactly what I quoted last night. Andy seems to ask for proof and then disappear when proof is provided.

That's been quoted a hundred times and still doesn't say anything about what tier season ticket holders would be in.

I'd always have them in top tier.

Andy74
19-05-2015, 07:52 AM

Which isn't what you said at the launch. If we get another tier of those who have been to all away games then buying a season ticket does not keep you ahead of the game.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 08:07 AM
Which isn't what you said at the launch. If we get another tier of those who have been to all away games then buying a season ticket does not keep you ahead of the game.

Eh? My sentiment is and always has been the same regarding this scheme. It rewards loyalty and keeps season ticket holders ahead of the game of walk ups.

Kojock
19-05-2015, 08:07 AM
To me Hibs are partly to blame for introducing the loyalty scheme half way through the season.

At the end of last season some people bought a season ticket knowing that they would be in the top priority group for away tickets, however Hibs moved the goal posts by creating a "higher tier" so I can see why people are a bit miffed.

The loyalty scheme is a great idea but was poorly introduced. To me every single Hibs fan on the database should have been issued with a loyalty card. Points would be accrued by purchasing season tickets, tickets for away matches etc

I would have taken it a step further, with points also being added for purchases made in the Hibs shop, BTG and the catering outlets. You should be rewarded for every penny you spend on Hibs and not just through ticket sales.

easty
19-05-2015, 08:08 AM
That's been quoted a hundred times and still doesn't say anything about what tier season ticket holders would be in.

I'm not going back through the thread, can't be arsed, but are you saying that season ticket holders who have been to a load of away games shouldn't have priority for, say, a ticket for the PBS ahead of a season ticket holder who's been to no away games?

Cos that's just silly.

We won't get enough of an allocation for every ST to get tickets to all away games. Though it's rare it ever becomes an issue anyway.

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 08:11 AM
To me Hibs are partly to blame for introducing the loyalty scheme half way through the season.

At the end of last season some people bought a season ticket knowing that they would be in the top priority group for away tickets, however Hibs moved the goal posts by creating a "higher tier" so I can see why people are a bit miffed.

The loyalty scheme is a great idea but was poorly introduced. To me every single Hibs fan on the database should have been issued with a loyalty card. Points would be accrued by purchasing season tickets, tickets for away matches etc

I would have taken it a step further, with points also being added for purchases made in the Hibs shop, BTG and the catering outlets. You should be rewarded for every penny you spend on Hibs and not just through ticket sales.

100% spot on. Unlike Andy i agree that those who follow the club all over the country should be rewarded for this, but not this season.

Next season should have been the time for this to come in, but i also agree with the rest of your post.

Every Penny you spend should be rewarded.

easty
19-05-2015, 08:12 AM

Naaaah. Imagine getting loyalty points for buying a pint in BTG. The weeks leading up to a cup final we'd get slated for encouraging binge drinking!!

Kojock
19-05-2015, 08:14 AM
100% spot on. Unlike Andy i agree that those who follow the club all over the country should be rewarded for this, but not this season.

Next season should have been the time for this to come in, but i also agree with the rest of your post.

Every Penny you spend should be rewarded.

Hibs make no money from someone spending a few hundred quid on away tickets however they do make money from someone spending a few hundred quid in the club shop.

Playing devils advocate here why should someone who purchases a concession season get the same loyalty points as someone paying full price ;-)

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 08:18 AM
Hibs make no money from someone spending a few hundred quid on away tickets however they do make money from someone spending a few hundred quid in the club shop.

Thats true, but this is all about loyalty after all and supporting the club should also be seen to be rewarded in my opinion.

It may look like i'm saying both sides of the argument, because i will not buy a season ticket in the future because this perk will have gone, but i do think those who follow the club all over the country should be rewarded.

Just not this season.

Kojock
19-05-2015, 08:23 AM
Thats true, but this is all about loyalty after all and supporting the club should also be seen to be rewarded in my opinion.

It may look like i'm saying both sides of the argument, because i will not buy a season ticket in the future because this perk will have gone, but i do think those who follow the club all over the country should be rewarded.

Just not this season.

Define "supporter" I know guys who go to every away game and spend 90 minutes abusing the team.

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Define "supporter" I know guys who go to every away game and spend 90 minutes abusing the team.

Really, who are these people? :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2015, 08:39 AM

So a fatty who eats 6 pies at a game, should get more points than a dieter? What a load of piffle....(Although hermit crab and bunter would be ok as they can eat for Scotland)

The scheme is not about who spends most pounds, it is about who supports the team home and away....LOYALTY !!!!!!

Kojock
19-05-2015, 09:01 AM
So a fatty who eats 6 pies at a game, should get more points than a dieter? What a load of piffle....(Although hermit crab and bunter would be ok as they can eat for Scotland)

The scheme is not about who spends most pounds, it is about who supports the team home and away....LOYALTY !!!!!!

IYO Brockie. Ask someone from Hibs finance department what "type" of supporter they think is more beneficial to the club. I think you already know the answer though.

Monts
19-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Am I missing something? As far as I'm aware season ticket holders who had shown loyalty by renewing were in the highest bracket, regardless of how many away games attended.

So a season ticket still gets priority, as when nearing the end of a season, where an away game goer or walk up could get close to a season ticket holders points, they can renew and stay ahead of the game.

Andy74
19-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Am I missing something? As far as I'm aware season ticket holders who had shown loyalty by renewing were in the highest bracket, regardless of how many away games attended.

So a season ticket still gets priority, as when nearing the end of a season, where an away game goer or walk up could get close to a season ticket holders points, they can renew and stay ahead of the game.

To now yes but some want it changed so the Ibrox game for example would only have been available for a level above just regular season ticket holder. Initially at least.

I do see the argument and some would benefit but I think the impact on people feeling a season ticket would be devalued would be more significant.

There are already people on this thread confirming that it would mean they don't buy one.

How many of the home and away group couldn't get an Ibrox ticket? What problem would it be trying to solve at the risk of impacting season ticket sales?

It's not quite as simple as saying reward loyalty.

Steve20
19-05-2015, 09:53 AM
Season tickets holders are putting money up front in to Hibs and should get first chance for away tickets. That's ALL season ticket holders. It might not sound the fairest but it has to be one of the benefits of putting your money in up front. Otherwise, why bother with a season ticket? It's not like we sell out home games so you wouldn't be struggling as a walk up supporter and a season ticket hardly works out much cheaper over the season anyway, if at all if you miss 1-2 games.

Kojock
19-05-2015, 10:17 AM
There are people who are in a position to attend every home and away game. There are other people (and lots of them) who would love to be able to attend every match but due to financial constraints, family reasons, logistical reasons etc cant. Does that make them any less loyal?? are they less deserving of a ticket??

Monts
19-05-2015, 10:18 AM
There are people who are in a position to attend every home and away game. There are other people (and lots of them) who would love to be able to attend every match but due to financial constraints, family reasons, logistical reasons etc cant. Does that make them any less loyal?? are they less deserving of a ticket??
Yes

Titch
19-05-2015, 10:33 AM

loyalty like being a season ticket holder since i was 13? should i get more because of my legacy ST?

Kojock
19-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Yes

Care to expand !!

Titch
19-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Season tickets holders are putting money up front in to Hibs and should get first chance for away tickets. That's ALL season ticket holders. It might not sound the fairest but it has to be one of the benefits of putting your money in up front. Otherwise, why bother with a season ticket? It's not like we sell out home games so you wouldn't be struggling as a walk up supporter and a season ticket hardly works out much cheaper over the season anyway, if at all if you miss 1-2 games.

i'm not going to and i know of 3 others who aren't also so thats 6 adult and 8 child tickets wont be renewed . all of these ST would have been renewed had the old system still been in place it simply isn't worth it anymore as i will be able to get tickets for every other game no problem, but the higher cat games that season ticket holders would have 99% chance of getting a ticket (as not every season ticket holder goes to away games) the chances have dropped significantly and in this case just a normal season ticket holder went to 0% chance of a ticket. That for me is not right.

EH54
19-05-2015, 10:41 AM

Doesn't make them less deserving of a ticket but when limited tickets are available there going to miss out

dangermouse
19-05-2015, 10:44 AM

If the loyalty system had been in place at the start of the season and you went to every home and away league game you would still have fewer points than a season ticket holder who never went to a single away game. Season ticket holders are therefore well rewarded and it's worth renewing them.

liamh2202
19-05-2015, 10:44 AM

People have also bought/renewed for next year under the same pretence

Monts
19-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Care to expand !!

I think it's been covered multiple times in this thread. IMO if you go to all home and all away games you deserve a ticket more than those who only go to big games.

To turn it around, do you think that those that go to every game should be turned away for a big game just because others fancy it?

Iggy Pope
19-05-2015, 11:03 AM
So the uber fan debate has now grown arms and legs.

This is the sort of thing I'm concerned about. You're happy to lose season ticket holders who are valuable to the club for the sake of some additional priority for the few who can travel every week getting some extra priority for very rare occasion games when supply is limited.

Where did I ever state that I was happy for the club to lose Season Ticket holders?
Absolute bollocks.

Iggy Pope
19-05-2015, 11:05 AM

AT GREAT TIME AND EXPENSE i spend nearly £150 every time i travel to a Hibs game( with 4 kids and a wife ) on fuel food etc... thats on top of the money i have already spent on season tickets. How about we just give priority to people based on thier post code the further away you are the higher priority you get as your spending more money getting to the game

Your debate has just fizzled out with this.

Titch
19-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Your debate has just fizzled out with this.

i'll decide when my debate fizzles out but thanks for your OPINION.

Heres a question for you.

How many extra season tickets will this announcement have sold??? my guess would be NONE

it's already lost AT LEAST mine and my mates families

Monts
19-05-2015, 11:20 AM

How many extra season tickets will this announcement have sold??? my guess would be NONE

I disagree that it won't encourage season ticket sales. For those that walk up to most games because they miss the odd one will now get almost double the loyalty points from a season ticket than they would from walk ups.

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2015, 11:25 AM
I don't see any issue with the scheme. I think its right that the fans that attend home and away games regularly should get first dibs.

I am a season ticket holder, and get to some away games. Ibrox will be my 9th of the season. But I would have no issue if there was a game where my loyalty points were were too low to get me first dibs on a game. The likes of Baldy Foghorn, etc, would definitely be entitled to first dibs ahead of me. But, I do still feel that my ST gives me preference over the regular walk up fan. At 5pts for a home game, and 3 for an away game, the most that a walkup can accumulate attending EVERY home and away league game is 144pts.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 11:32 AM
I don't see any issue with the scheme. I think its right that the fans that attend home and away games regularly should get first dibs.

I am a season ticket holder, and get to some away games. Ibrox will be my 9th of the season. But I would have no issue if there was a game where my loyalty points were were too low to get me first dibs on a game. The likes of Baldy Foghorn, etc, would definitely be entitled to first dibs ahead of me. But, I do still feel that my ST gives me preference over the regular walk up fan. At 5pts for a home game, and 3 for an away game, the most that a walkup can accumulate attending EVERY home and away league game is 144pts.

Yes it's that simple to me, a well thought out system.

BoomtownHibees
19-05-2015, 11:42 AM

It clearly states that those who have accumulated the most points by pre-purchasing tickets for both home and away matches will get the opportunity to purchase their tickets first.

What's hard to understand in that statement?

Kojock
19-05-2015, 11:53 AM
I think it's been covered multiple times in this thread. IMO if you go to all home and all away games you deserve a ticket more than those who only go to big games.

To turn it around, do you think that those that go to every game should be turned away for a big game just because others fancy it?

If you have a season ticket and have attended the away games then you should have enough points to qualify for a big game ticket, however IMO there should be other ways to accumulate points ie club shop spend etc that would enable fans who for whatever reason cannot attend every game would still have enough points to qualify for a big game ticket. To me loyalty isn't just about attending games.

killie-hibby
19-05-2015, 11:55 AM
I've been a Hibs supporter and regular attender at Easter Road since the 1950's. That's circumstantial. In no way does that make me more loyal or a superior type of supporter than say a person who is in their first season as a Hibs supporter and never attended an away game. That new supporter could be more emotionally connected to Hibs than anyone else. What we have had on this thread are loads of posters expressing emotions with several deluded into thinking they are more deserving of a ticket than others . Absolute guff. All you are doing is creating a divide between yourselves and other supporters.
Some posters are now giving up on ST purchases because they seem more concerned with their loyalty status than the financial status of the club. That ST may be the decider on a player staying or leaving.
I unsuccessfully tried for a ticket. Instead of moaning and and claiming to be enititled to a ticket for which I am not, I wish the 900 plus of my fellow Hibbies will make us proud by unleashing a tremendous sound.
If you got a ticket,thats great. For me and the rest,thats life,move on.
GGTTH.

Kojock
19-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Yes it's that simple to me, a well thought out system.

Is it a well thought out system though ??

Why did Hibs introduce it halfway through the season??
Why were supporters allocated 150 points for purchasing next years season ticket, surely any points entitlement should only be used for tickets NEXT season.
Why do people who purchased a cup top up not get additional points??

marinello59
19-05-2015, 12:08 PM

Why were supporters allocated 150 points for purchasing next years season ticket, surely any points entitlement should only be used for tickets NEXT season.

Cup top ups get the points when the games are played. Seems fair enough.

Kojock
19-05-2015, 12:09 PM
Cup top ups get the points when the games are played. Seems fair enough.

And if we don't get a home draw they will have paid money for nothing.

andyf5
19-05-2015, 12:14 PM

I'm not sure if I understand your reasoning. The fact hibs have got it wrong for season ticket holders, in your opinion, is something you should engage with the club about. On this one occasion and with the input of the fans representatives you feel hard done by. Give them a chance to sort it , write to the club with your points and see if they value you as a customer. As a supporter I'm concerned the club is not getting the income and your support for next season. I didn't get a ticket either and I've renewed and went to loads of away games. :-(

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 12:14 PM
And if we don't get a home draw they will have paid money for nothing.

Which they all knew.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 12:17 PM

Those who have bought and paid for a ticket before the sason ends deserve the points befire the season ends.

It had to be introduced sometime as the fans wanted it, maybe the best use of resources was during the season.

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Fair enough, games at Tynecastle, Hampden etc where there are thousands available but when it comes down to high demand games when there is less than 1000 tickets available then it's simply not fair for someone who has been to 2 away games all season to have the same priority as someone who's been to them all.

What I would really like to know is why Andy74 thinks it's unreasonable for fans that attend more away games to get priority for away games. Very strange.

Kojock
19-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Those who have bought and paid for a ticket before the sason ends deserve the points befire the season ends.

It had to be introduced sometime as the fans wanted it, maybe the best use of resources was during the season.

And this is where the problem lies.
I don't think it should have been introduced during the season
I don't think next years points should count towards tickets for this season
I think people who have bought the cup top up should be rewarded with extra points for taking the risk

We all have opinions and just because people agree or disagree doesn't mean it is right or wrong.

Kojock
19-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Fair enough, games at Tynecastle, Hampden etc where there are thousands available but when it comes down to high demand games when there is less than 1000 tickets available then it's simply not fair for someone who has been to 2 away games all season to have the same priority as someone who's been to them all.

What I would really like to know is why Andy74 thinks it's unreasonable for fans that attend more away games to get priority for away games. Very strange.

I may be well off the mark here but my interpretation is.

People who bought season tickets last year were at the time told that they would have first dibs on all tickets. This is no longer the case because halfway through Hibs introduced a loyalty scheme which creates a tier above a normal season ticket holder who for whatever reason does not or cannot attend away games.

Scheme should not have been introduced until after the end of this season.

Keith_M
19-05-2015, 12:39 PM
I can't imagine any Loyalty Points Scheme is going to be perfect and I think it might take time for it to bed in properly to take full effect.

I think the Club should be applauded for listening to the fans and actually introducing the scheme, even if some disagree with parts of it.

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 12:41 PM

People who bought season tickets last year were at the time told that they would have first dibs on all tickets. This is no longer the case this season because halfway through Hibs introduce a loyalty scheme which creates a tier above a normal season ticket holder who for whatever reason does not or cant attend away games.

I know that mate and I understand why the rules kind of have to be set like this for this season due to that technicality. What I don't understand is some posters on here seem to think that, going forward, that the system should be altered to allow the fans that attend the most away games to receive first priority when tickets for these away games become as in demand as this Rangers game has.

Titch
19-05-2015, 12:44 PM
Which they all knew.

they also KNEW they would have first priority for tickets regardless of how many away games they attended. you can't have it both ways

Titch
19-05-2015, 12:52 PM
Had they introduced the points system for those without season tickets and put season ticket holder as first priority this conversation would not have came up.
No one would have complained had they opened up tickets to all season ticket holders ( just to stress i had enough points for a ticket but simply could not get the time off work)
when i was able to go to almost every game home and away i didn't once think i should have had a bigger priority over any other season ticket holder but i guess i'm in the minority here.
anyway the decision has been made by the club and nothing we can do or say will change that GGTTH

dangermouse
And this is where the problem lies.
I don't think it should have been introduced during the season
I don't think next years points should count towards tickets for this season
I think people who have bought the cup top up should be rewarded with extra points for taking the risk

We all have opinions and just because people agree or disagree doesn't mean it is right or wrong.

Point 1. I have bought my ticket for next season, the club has my money so why shouldn't I benefit from that?
Point 2. I had a cup top up last season and the points for home games were added to my tally as they were played.

The system is simple and straightforward.
1. A season ticket holder gets 150 points for 18 home games (you cannot amass that many points for attending all home AND away games as a walk up)
2. Pay up front for next season and you get REWARDED with another 150 points so you are at the head of the queue for BIG games at the end of the season like play offs (hopefully not again in my lifetime) or cup finals
3. Season ticket holders who go to away games get more points than one who chooses not to follow the team on the road so gain greater priority.

I think the big issue here is the threshold used to sell the tickets for Ibrox. With this being the inaugural season of the loyalty scheme, maybe the threshold should have been 150 points but then you would have 7K folk clamouring for 950 tickets. I wonder how many of the 7K were taken out of the equation with the threshold being 180?

Kojock
Does anyone know why Hibs introduced the loyalty scheme halfway through the season?? It would be interesting to hear the reasons for doing so and might help clear up some of the points being raised on here.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2015, 01:23 PM
IYO Brockie. Ask someone from Hibs finance department what "type" of supporter they think is more beneficial to the club. I think you already know the answer though.

Yes IMO, the power of wealth shouldn't even come into it. It is about loyalty, effort, time going to watch the club....A couple on here who don't go to away games want the same priority as a ST holder who does go to away games. Not really fair is it?

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 01:35 PM
they also KNEW they would have first priority for tickets regardless of how many away games they attended. you can't have it both ways

No you certainly can not, especially when the allocation is smaller than the amount of ST holders. Wait,I've thought of an idea how to manage that scenario better..................Doh! Hibs beat me to it.

Kojock
19-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Yes IMO, the power of wealth shouldn't even come into it. It is about loyalty, effort, time going to watch the club....A couple on here who don't go to away games want the same priority as a ST holder who does go to away games. Not really fair is it?

Unfortunately mate cash is king in todays society. You say wealth should not come into it, but no matter how you look at it you are are fortunate to be wealthy enough to allow you to attend all away games, some people just don't have that wealth. That does not make them any less loyal IMO.

People define loyalty in different ways you are using a definition that suits your agenda.

liamh2202
19-05-2015, 01:56 PM

People who bought season tickets last year were at the time told that they would have first dibs on all tickets. This is no longer the case because halfway through Hibs introduced a loyalty scheme which creates a tier above a normal season ticket holder who for whatever reason does not or cannot attend away games.

And people who have already bought next year's didn't know this would be the case either

liamh2202
19-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Had they introduced the points system for those without season tickets and put season ticket holder as first priority this conversation would not have came up.
No one would have complained had they opened up tickets to all season ticket holders ( just to stress i had enough points for a ticket but simply could not get the time off work)
when i was able to go to almost every game home and away i didn't once think i should have had a bigger priority over any other season ticket holder but i guess i'm in the minority here.
anyway the decision has been made by the club and nothing we can do or say will change that GGTTH

This this and this

Andy74
19-05-2015, 02:00 PM

Okay, once more than I'm done with this!

To figure how how a scheme should operate I think you have to think about why it was introduced and what problem was it solving.

Was it to meet a demand from a core number of home and away fans so that they could get first priority on low supply tickets?
Was it to ensure there was a way for walk up fans who had no priority to be able to bridge the gap and have their attendance at home and away matches considered when allocating tickets?

I think it was the second.

If you think however it should be the first then you look at what the benefit is and what the repercussions might be.

Out of the core group who would have higher priority if you did it that way, how many did not get a ticket from Ibrox? Is anyone going to come on and say they tried and didn't get them and would have been in that group?

If we have more than a handful across our support I will be surprised so I don't feel it is a big issue. 99 times out of 100 those people will get tickets if they want them.

So, what are the down sides?

Season tickets have always held top priority, they have carried that as a key benefit. Take that away and you will get less people buying them. How many? I don't know but I think more than the handful of people who might not have got an Ibrox ticket. A couple already on this thread.

One example to think about is someone who for family reasons cannot just give up every Saturday, although they would love to. They have to compromise at home and take their share.

They have an option of making a full commitment to all the home games by buying a season ticket. They know it also gives them a shout when it comes to that big game you can't miss. A shout, not a guarantee. They mifht not make away games as a result of committing big to the home games.

The other thing they might consider is picking and choosing a mix of home and away games. They get some priority by building up points, but Hibs lose a season ticket holder and that up front income and maybe half the home game income from them.

If keeping that priority helps make them commit to option 1 and buying a season ticket that is by far the best thing for Hibs.

I do see the argument of rewarding home and away fans but I think when you look at what problem you were looking to solve you end up causing more problems with potential loss of season ticket holders.

I'd be in that top group so this is just from the basis of what I think is best for us.

liamh2202
19-05-2015, 02:02 PM
I think this may well be the best way but it also might mean the club loses St holders along the way. people are saying that its because of the demand and number available. But in reality apart from this type of fixture as a walk-up you are always going to get a ticket. Therefore it devalues the St

Kojock
19-05-2015, 02:03 PM
And people who have already bought next year's didn't know this would be the case either

And that's why those points should not count until next season. People bought season tickets last season on the assumption they would have first priority on away tickets, Hibs moved the goal posts halfway through the season which IMO is unfair.

liamh2202
19-05-2015, 02:05 PM

To figure how how a scheme should operate I think you have to think about why it was introduced and what problem was it solving.

Was it to meet a demand from a core number of home and away fans so that they could get first priority on low supply tickets?
Was it to ensure there was a way for walk up fans who had no priority to be able to bridge the gap and have their attendance at home and away matches considered when allocating tickets?

If you think however it should be the first then you look at what the benefit is and what the repercussions might be.

Out of the core group who would have higher priority if you did it that way, how many did not get a ticket from Ibrox? Is anyone going to come on and say they tried and didn't get them and would have been in that group?

If we have more than a handful across our support I will be surprised so I don't feel it is a big issue. 99 times out of 100 those people will get tickets if they want them.

Season tickets have always held top priority, they have carried that as a key benefit. Take that away and you will get less people buying them. How many? I don't know but I think more than the handful of people who might not have got an Ibrox ticket. A couple already on this thread.

One example to think about is someone who for family reasons cannot just give up every Saturday, although they would love to. They have to compromise at home and take their share.

They have an option of making a full commitment to all the home games by buying a season ticket. They know it also gives them a shout when it comes to that big game you can't miss. A shout, not a guarantee. They mifht not make away games as a result of committing big to the home games.

The other thing they might consider is picking and choosing a mix of home and away games. They get some priority by building up points, but Hibs lose a season ticket holder and that up front income and maybe half the home game income from them.

If keeping that priority helps make them commit to option 1 and buying a season ticket that is by far the best thing for Hibs.

I do see the argument of rewarding home and away fans but I think when you look at what problem you were looking to solve you end up causing more problems with potential loss of season ticket holders.

I'd be in that top group so this is just from the basis of what I think is best for us.

Agree 👍 your explanation is much better than mine..

liamh2202
19-05-2015, 02:07 PM
I think hibs need to come out and clarify if this is always going to be the case
..as it probably changes the benefits on the STs already been sold..

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Does anyone know why Hibs introduced the loyalty scheme halfway through the season?? It would be interesting to hear the reasons for doing so and might help clear up some of the points being raised on here.

I would imagine that they saw cup semis/finals, and play off games on the horizon, and thought it would make sense to introduce it in time for these games.

marinello59
19-05-2015, 03:04 PM

I think ST holders will always be in the top priority group simply because the in can't afford to devalue them in any way. Given that most people who go to every single game probably already have a season ticket it really isn't going to make much difference. Games where the supply of tickets are not enough to satisfy the demand from every single season ticket holder who wants to go are extremely rare. No need for anyone to worry really.

Titch
19-05-2015, 03:16 PM
I think ST holders will always be in the top priority group simply because the in can't afford to devalue them in any way. Given that most people who go to every single game probably already have a season ticket it really isn't going to make much difference. Games where the supply of tickets are not enough to satisfy the demand from every single season ticket holder who wants to go are extremely rare. No need for anyone to worry really.

I agree with what you are saying but the only games I am going to need to have a season ticket for are going to be the ones where i'll have to also go to away games. Which totally defeats the purpose of me getting one.

The usual season ticket priority for games against sevco/yams/celtc is not needed as there is always a public sale afterwards. So if priority is the main reason you buy a season ticket (which it is for me) then season tickets are now pointless. I'll save money (thus giving Hibs less) by becoming a walk up and as the irony would have it, i'll probably be able to spend the excess i dont use on a season ticket going to away games.

So Hibs have managed to take money from their own pockets and give it to our rivals. i will however be able to cheer for them at away grounds i hope my voice helps them win.

liamh2202
19-05-2015, 03:40 PM

Again though they weren't for this game.. St is 150 cut off was 180

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Unfortunately mate cash is king in todays society. You say wealth should not come into it, but no matter how you look at it you are are fortunate to be wealthy enough to allow you to attend all away games, some people just don't have that wealth. That does not make them any less loyal IMO.

People define loyalty in different ways you are using a definition that suits your agenda.

Utter garbage. I save money to watch Hibs play, my choice. I am not Bill Gates....

This is ridiculous now....A loyalty scheme that should't reward loyalty, I've heard it all now.....

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Utter garbage. I save money to watch Hibs play, my choice. I am not Bill Gates....

This is ridiculous now....A loyalty scheme that should't reward loyalty, I've heard it all now.....

Only on here!

Monts
19-05-2015, 04:11 PM
I agree with what you are saying but the only games I am going to need to have a season ticket for are going to be the ones where i'll have to also go to away games. Which totally defeats the purpose of me getting one.

The usual season ticket priority for games against sevco/yams/celtc is not needed as there is always a public sale afterwards. So if priority is the main reason you buy a season ticket (which it is for me) then season tickets are now pointless. I'll save money (thus giving Hibs less) by becoming a walk up and as the irony would have it, i'll probably be able to spend the excess i dont use on a season ticket going to away games.

So Hibs have managed to take money from their own pockets and give it to our rivals. i will however be able to cheer for them at away grounds i hope my voice helps them win.

But you have already said that you had enough points to be in the top bracket, so your argument just seems like it's just a case of finding something to moan about.

It looks like if you just continue exactly as you are then you well always have priority.

marinello59
19-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Again though they weren't for this game.. St is 150 cut off was 180

I can only only assume that was why renewals for next season were included on our totals putting a lot of ST holders in to the eligible group. I can't really come up with another logical reason for that.

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 04:22 PM

I'd be in that top group so this is just from the basis of what I think is best for us. Once again Andy, you've provided an excellent summary of how the loyalty system currently works. It wasn't really necessary though as I already knew that.

You really don't want to answer the question of "how is it unreasonable that fans that attend more away games should have priority for when tickets to these away games become high demand like this Rangers game?"

And for what it's wort, going forward the answer is yes; loyalty points should reward loyalty. That's why it's called a loyalty scheme, not a "Bridge the gap" scheme.

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 04:24 PM

:agree: The idea that loyalty schemes should benefit walk up fans has to be my favourite so far

Kojock
19-05-2015, 04:34 PM

Why is it garbage, you have enough disposable income (wealth) to enable you to save up so you can attend every game.

I know a guy with two kids, he buys three season tickets every year and kits his sons out in gear from the Hibs shop. He would love to attend every away game but does not have the disposable income to do so. Is this guy any less loyal than you?? Do you deserve a big match ticket before him?? You would say yes as your definition of loyalty is someone who attends every game. My answer would be no as my definition of loyalty is different.

Can you please point out where I said that a loyalty scheme should not reward loyalty :confused: your just making things up to suit your own argument.

BoomtownHibees
19-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Why is it garbage, you have enough disposable income (wealth) to enable you to save up so you can attend every game.

I know a guy with two kids, he buys three season tickets every year and kits his sons out in gear from the Hibs shop. He would love to attend every away game but does not have the disposable income to do so. Is this guy any less loyal than you?? Do you deserve a big match ticket before him?? You would say yes as your definition of loyalty is someone who attends every game. My answer would be no as my definition of loyalty is different.

Can you please point out where I said that a loyalty scheme should not reward loyalty :confused: your just making things up to suit your own argument.

Do you think Tesco would top up my club card points even though I didn't go shopping this week cos I'm skint? Just that I normally go there every couple of weeks

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2015, 04:42 PM

I am not making anything up. You obviously have a different idea to me as to what a loyalty scheme is.......Let's leave it at that.....