PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty Points

Pages : 1 [2]

Andy74
19-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Once again Andy, you've provided an excellent summary of how the loyalty system currently works. It wasn't really necessary though as I already knew that.

You really don't want to answer the question of "how is it unreasonable that fans that attend more away games should have priority for when tickets to these away games become high demand like this Rangers game?"

And for what it's wort, going forward the answer is yes; loyalty points should reward loyalty. That's why it's called a loyalty scheme, not a "Bridge the gap" scheme.

I've made my views on all that clear and as simply as I can. If you don't follow it I can't do more about that.

Kojock
19-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Do you think Tesco would top up my club card points even though I didn't go shopping this week cos I'm skint? Just that I normally go there every couple of weeks

Tesco will give you loyalty points for EVERY pound you spend in their stores. The more you spend the more points you get, simple really. Hibs are only giving loyalty points to people who purchase match tickets despite many fans spending hundreds of pounds in the club store etc. Get my point ??

BoomtownHibees
19-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Tesco will give you loyalty points for EVERY pound you spend in their stores. The more you spend the points you get, simple really. Hibs are only giving loyalty points to people who purchase match tickets despite many fans spending hundreds of pounds in the club store etc. Get my point ??

Which may well change:

Will points be awarded for other purchases I make?

The Club is looking at potentially linking other purchases to the loyalty scheme in the future. This may include retail parts of the Club but the priority just now is to launch the scheme with ticketing.

Kojock
19-05-2015, 04:51 PM
I am not making anything up. You obviously have a different idea to me as to what a loyalty scheme is.......Let's leave it at that.....

Cheers mate that is exactly what I am saying, peoples definition of loyalty differs from fan to fan. I think people should be awarded points for spending money in the Hibs shop other people don't. I don't have a problem with that. :agree:

BoomtownHibees
19-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Why is it garbage, you have enough disposable income (wealth) to enable you to save up so you can attend every game.

I know a guy with two kids, he buys three season tickets every year and kits his sons out in gear from the Hibs shop. He would love to attend every away game but does not have the disposable income to do so. Is this guy any less loyal than you?? Do you deserve a big match ticket before him?? You would say yes as your definition of loyalty is someone who attends every game. My answer would be no as my definition of loyalty is different.

Can you please point out where I said that a loyalty scheme should not reward loyalty :confused: your just making things up to suit your own argument.

How far would you go though? I know Hibs fans who go to as many games as they can at home but can't afford a season ticket. Are they less loyal? Should they be just as entitled to a ticket for a big game? Of course they shouldn't.

For me it's simple, the club will reward those that go to the most games, home and away.

Andy74
19-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Do you think Tesco would top up my club card points even though I didn't go shopping this week cos I'm skint? Just that I normally go there every couple of weeks

The difference of course is Tesco rewards customers who spend money in their shops. They don't top it up for shopping in Asda.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Cheers mate that is exactly what I am saying, peoples definition of loyalty differs from fan to fan. I think people should be awarded points for spending money in the Hibs shop other people don't. I don't have a problem with that. :agree:

I am sure once the scheme has had time to bed in, then the possibility of adding points for club store purchasing, hibs tv etc etc could be looked at

BoomtownHibees
19-05-2015, 04:54 PM
The difference of course is Tesco rewards customers who spend money in their shops. They don't top it up for shopping in Asda.

Point taken. Wasn't the best analogy to be fair.

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Tesco will give you loyalty points for EVERY pound you spend in their stores. The more you spend the more points you get, simple really. Hibs are only giving loyalty points to people who purchase match tickets despite many fans spending hundreds of pounds in the club store etc. Get my point ??

:agree: How many points will tesco give you if you spend £28 in Morrisons, Lidl, Asda or Aldi?

easty
19-05-2015, 05:03 PM
:agree: How many points will tesco give you if you spend £28 in Morrisons, Lidl, Asda or Aldi?

Depends if you pay using your Tesco credit card...

BoomtownHibees
19-05-2015, 05:03 PM

None as the terms of their scheme is to reward loyalty points for shopping in their store. Hibs scheme is to reward points to those who go to games home and away. Just because someone can't afford to travel to an away game shouldn't give them the same rights as somebody else who goes to all away games. Just the same as if I can't afford to shop in Tesco one week, I won't be rewarded with any loyalty points.

Kojock
19-05-2015, 05:05 PM
How far would you go though? I know Hibs fans who go to as many games as they can at home but can't afford a season ticket. Are they less loyal? Should they be just as entitled to a ticket for a big game? Of course they shouldn't.

For me it's simple, the club will reward those that go to the most games, home and away.

That's not what Im saying, everyone on the database should have been issued with a loyalty card and every time you spend money on Hibs whether it be season tickets, match day tickets or club merchandise then points should be awarded accordingly. Then the people with the most points get first dibs for tickets.

BoomtownHibees
19-05-2015, 05:08 PM
That's not what Im saying, everyone on the database should have been issued with a loyalty card and every time you spend money on Hibs whether it be season tickets, match day tickets or club merchandise then points should be awarded accordingly. Then the people with the most points get first dibs for tickets.

Which may be something that happens going forward

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2015, 06:05 PM

On the other side of that, why should someone who goes every week, miss out due to someone buying strips?

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 06:27 PM
I've made my views on all that clear and as simply as I can. If you don't follow it I can't do more about that.
If that's as clear as you can manage then fair enough :aok:

The_Horde
19-05-2015, 06:29 PM
I am of the opinion that if someone REALLY wants a ticket for a match they will get one.

There has been several occasions in the past where ive not been in the position to get one myself. (IE. not a season ticket holder) and ive always managed to get a ticket. Same with this Wednesday.

I am not a season ticket holder, nor do I have many loyalty points. However, ive barely missed a match home or away all season. Am I entitled to a ticket? On paper.. Probably not. But was i **** missing this one!

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 06:33 PM
I am of the opinion that if someone REALLY wants a ticket for a match they will get one.

There has been several occasions in the past where ive not been in the position to get one myself. (IE. not a season ticket holder) and ive always managed to get a ticket. Same with this Wednesday.

I am not a season ticket holder, nor do I have many loyalty points. However, ive barely missed a match home or away all season. Am I entitled to a ticket? On paper.. Probably not. But was i **** missing this one!
E

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Why is it garbage, you have enough disposable income (wealth) to enable you to save up so you can attend every game.

I know a guy with two kids, he buys three season tickets every year and kits his sons out in gear from the Hibs shop. He would love to attend every away game but does not have the disposable income to do so. Is this guy any less loyal than you?? Do you deserve a big match ticket before him?? You would say yes as your definition of loyalty is someone who attends every game. My answer would be no as my definition of loyalty is different.

Can you please point out where I said that a loyalty scheme should not reward loyalty :confused: your just making things up to suit your own argument.

What about the guy that has two kids and does not have the disposable income to buy season tickets. He takes his kids to every game he can afford to go to. Does that make him any less loyal than a ST holder? If the answer is no then surely ST holders don't deserve preference over anyone then! There has to be a sensible solution and I think we have one but others don't, that's fair enough with me. Onwards and upwards let's hope this situation is never again about play off tickets GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 06:42 PM

Eh? So then, using that logic if 1500 Hibs fans really want a ticket for Wednesday they will get one will they? :-)

Andy74
19-05-2015, 06:52 PM
What about the guy that has two kids and does not have the disposable income to buy season tickets. He takes his kids to every game he can afford to go to. Does that make him any less loyal than a ST holder? If the answer is no then surely ST holders don't deserve preference over anyone then! There has to be a sensible solution and I think we have one but others don't, that's fair enough with me. Onwards and upwards let's hope this situation is never again about play off tickets GGTTH

I think you are slowly coming round to the reason for the scheme.

lucky
19-05-2015, 06:56 PM
This is some thread, as always everyone is only looking at their own personal circumstances. The reality Hibs had to make a call on this. I think they've got it just about right. ST fanswho go home & away should get first chance at tickets, but ST holders should always come before walk ups that go home and away. As for food and retail points I don't believe they should or ever will be included. But let's be serious how many games a season is there a ticket scramble? If we don't go up I doubt we will sell out home or away for any league fixture. If we go up Hearts is going to be a challenge but that's 2 games.

Interestingly no one is moaning about the game being in TV or the kick off times for either game.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 06:56 PM
I think you are slowly coming round to the reason for the scheme.

I think you misunderstand me.

Bristolhibby
19-05-2015, 07:58 PM
And if we don't get a home draw they will have paid money for nothing.

That's how a CTU works. Could be 5 games, could be none.

J

Iggy Pope
19-05-2015, 08:02 PM
i'll decide when my debate fizzles out but thanks for your OPINION.

Heres a question for you.

How many extra season tickets will this announcement have sold??? my guess would be NONE

it's already lost AT LEAST mine and my mates families

You're shouting now.....I don't know the answer to your question and if I'm honest, I don't know what 'announcement' you're referring to. I don't suppose you know the answer either, but if guesswork is your game, then bang away. I'm in a two-ticket household in EH15 not three hours or so away like your long-distance self. It must be torture.
You and your mates sound like a right bunch. Do they all live in different hemispheres too?

Kojock
19-05-2015, 08:17 PM

None, so why do Hibs give points to supporters giving their cash to other teams ;-)

The_Horde
19-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Eh? So then, using that logic if 1500 Hibs fans really want a ticket for Wednesday they will get one will they? :-)

The 900 fans who got tickets wanted them more than the others did. That's all that matters

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 08:39 PM
The 900 fans who got tickets wanted them more than the others did. That's all that matters

What a nonsense statement, please tell how you came to that conclusion.

Monts
19-05-2015, 08:43 PM

None, but if you bought £28 worth of stuff in tesco who were buying and selling lidl produce at cost price, you'd get 28 points.

The_Horde
19-05-2015, 08:43 PM

It's fairly simple really. Who has tickets? Who doesn't?

FranckSuzy
19-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Can we not just get back to supporting the team now? We've got one of our biggest games, in recent history, tomorrow..... GGTTH.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 08:51 PM
It's fairly simple really. Who has tickets? Who doesn't?

So you can't answer then, just say that rather than spouting rubbish!

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 09:15 PM
The ones who REALLY wanted them made sure they got them by whatever means. Simple

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 09:20 PM
The ones who REALLY wanted them made sure they got them by whatever means. Simple

So there was only 950 that really wanted them, aye right then!

iwasthere1972
19-05-2015, 09:21 PM

Nonsense. Most likely a case of luck and if you were able to access the internet at work or on your phone. If you were off work that day and at home I suppose you could have been online and on the phone to the ticket office at the same time thereby increasing your chance of getting a ticket.

No way was it a case of wanted it more.

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Nonsense. Most likely a case of luck and if you were able to access the internet at work or on your phone. If you were off work that day and at home I suppose you could have been online and on the phone to the ticket office at the same time thereby increasing your chance of getting a ticket.

I quit my job just to get time off to queue to get tickets because I wanted it more than everyone who decided that maintaining employment was more important

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 09:27 PM
So there was only 950 that really wanted them, aye right then!
There was 950 people that wanted them more than the rest, yes. That's how they got them..

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 09:27 PM
I quit my job just to get time off to queue to get tickets because I wanted it more than everyone who decided that maintaining employment was more important

Hahahaha love it :-)

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 09:28 PM
There was 950 people that wanted them more than the rest, yes. That's how they got them..

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The_Horde
19-05-2015, 09:45 PM

If they really wanted to be there, they'd have set up means of achieving it. Whether that be themselves or someone else. You make your own luck in life.

Titch
20-05-2015, 08:45 AM
You're shouting now.....I don't know the answer to your question and if I'm honest, I don't know what 'announcement' you're referring to. I don't suppose you know the answer either, but if guesswork is your game, then bang away. I'm in a two-ticket household in EH15 not three hours or so away like your long-distance self. It must be torture.
You and your mates sound like a right bunch. Do they all live in different hemispheres too?

:yawn::yawn::yawn: I have 4 kids to bring to the football from my different hemisphere and yes we are a right bunch :rolleyes:

I said announcement, I think you know exactly what I was referring to.

Also it is torture getting 4 kids ready for a football match then leave early doors to get there, thanks for your concearn.

Any other questions you would like answered?

As for the shouting I apologise your highness :not worth

dangermouse
20-05-2015, 08:54 AM
Think we are all getting our knickers in a twist over a one off game and hopefully we will never be in this position again.

To put the loyalty scheme in perspective take ticket allocation for the Scottish Cup Final. In the past there have been many moans about how these tickets should be distributed and should we reach the final next season I would see the loyalty system working something like this

First dibs 300 and over points (this would be ST holders who had already renewed for the following season) 2 tickets each
Second 150 and over points (season ticket holders who have not yet renewed) 1 ticket each
third 90 and over points (walk ups who have attended all home league games or a mixture of home and away games) 1 ticket each
General sale if needed

These points may vary slightly as there would be cup games and I think the semi final gave you 10 points. There may need to be a fourth points level, say 45 or maybe even as low as 3, before a general sale depending on how many tickets were left.

DH1875
20-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Think we are all getting our knickers in a twist over a one off game and hopefully we will never be in this position again.

To put the loyalty scheme in perspective take ticket allocation for the Scottish Cup Final. In the past there have been many moans about how these tickets should be distributed and should we reach the final next season I would see the loyalty system working something like this

First dibs 300 and over points (this would be ST holders who had already renewed for the following season) 2 tickets each
Second 150 and over points (season ticket holders who have not yet renewed) 1 ticket each
third 90 and over points (walk ups who have attended all home league games or a mixture of home and away games) 1 ticket each
General sale if needed

These points may vary slightly as there would be cup games and I think the semi final gave you 10 points. There may need to be a fourth points level, say 45 or maybe even as low as 3, before a general sale depending on how many tickets were left.

Getting ahead of ourselves here but no way anyone should be getting 2 tickets for cup finals, renewed or not. People only have one archie and don't need two tickets. What they gonna do with the other ticket? In most cases, give it to a friend or family member who hardly ecer goes to hibs games. Why should someone with say 50+ points miss out? Sure you'll get the guys who'll give the ticket to mates that go to games but if these mates have been to games they'll have the 50+ points anyway so wouldn't need their mate to get them the ticket.

Kojock
20-05-2015, 09:59 AM

I REALLY wanted a ticket for the Hunnery didnt want to take a chance online or by phone in case I missed out so I dragged my ample butt out of bed at 4am and went and queued, would you believe there were two more people that wanted a ticket more than me as I was only 3rd in the queue. :thumbsup:

I am lucky that I have enough loyalty points, live a short drive from ER and have the available time to allow me to do this. Lots of other people are not in the same position and no matter how much effort they put into getting a ticket they would have struggled.

dangermouse
20-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Getting ahead of ourselves here but no way anyone should be getting 2 tickets for cup finals, renewed or not. People only have one archie and don't need two tickets. What they gonna do with the other ticket? In most cases, give it to a friend or family member who hardly ecer goes to hibs games. Why should someone with say 50+ points miss out? Sure you'll get the guys who'll give the ticket to mates that go to games but if these mates have been to games they'll have the 50+ points anyway so wouldn't need their mate to get them the ticket.

That's what's happened the last two cup finals, those that have renewed get two. Only basing it on what has happened in the past and the number that would have renewed would a most be a couple of thousand accounting for 4K tickets at most.

iwasthere1972
20-05-2015, 12:58 PM

Couldn't you just have thrown a sickie for a few days. Silly packing in your full time job as a comedian.