PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Sales Progress

Pages : [1] 2 3

Winston Ingram
18-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Anyone any idea how many we've sold for Saturday?

007 Mickey Weir
18-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Not sure but if you haven't bought yet please do. Need to get as many of the green and white army there shouting the boys on.

Golden Bear
18-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Anyone any idea how many we've sold for Saturday?

Going by the stadium plan, not nearly enough, - even for this stage of the proceedings.

Approx 8000 I saw mentioned but I've no idea how accurate that is.

Bad Martini
18-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Going by the stadium plan, not nearly enough, - even for this stage of the proceedings.

8003 now :greengrin

GGTTH YA BASS :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
18-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Going by the stadium plan, not nearly enough even for this stage of the proceedings.

I do wonder where all the 35k that turned up at Hampden for the CIS Cup have gone. If there are Hibbys able and are choosing not to go to a game like this i do wonder what sort of game they would go to.

8k is utterly terrifying statement about where this club is.

Big_Franck
18-05-2015, 11:52 AM
I do wonder where all the 35k that turned up at Hampden for the CIS Cup have gone. If there are Hibbys able and are choosing not to go to a game like this i do wonder what sort of game they would go to.

8k is utterly terrifying statement about where this club is.

It would be if it was the day before the game. I think some people need to calm down. We'll sell a few thousand before Saturday and will have a decent crowd.

It doesn't look like we'll sell out but we'll have a decent crowd, well outnumbering the manky new rangers fans.

green&left
18-05-2015, 11:53 AM
7500 according to the bounce...

Brightside
18-05-2015, 11:54 AM
It would be if it was the day before the game. I think some people need to calm down. We'll sell a few thousand before Saturday and will have a decent crowd.

It doesn't look like we'll sell out but we'll have a decent crowd, well outnumbering the manky new rangers fans.

If we dont get more than 15000 then it really is shocking and i'd also like to know where all the "hampden fans" are. No excuse for not being their for the team this weekend. MUCH MORE important than a Cup Semi.

3pm
18-05-2015, 11:57 AM
If we dont get more than 15000 then it really is shocking and i'd also like to know where all the "hampden fans" are. No excuse for not being their for the team this weekend. MUCH MORE important than a Cup Semi.

That's a bit dramatic.

Gatecrasher
18-05-2015, 11:59 AM
it seems either most folk cant be arsed anymore or they are waiting to see what happens on Wednesday. Considering we had 17,000 at Hampden a few weeks ago this is pish poor.

Brightside
18-05-2015, 12:01 PM
That's a bit dramatic.

Is it? I'd love to know how so many people can make themselves available to go to a semi at Hampden...but when we have a VITAL game at Home....suddenly we're struggling to sell them.

Big_Franck

I wouldn't say it would be shocking, i'd agree that it would be disappointing though. I'd have thought that we'd have sold more tickets by this stage but for whatever reason we haven't.

I'm not going to worry about it though, and it's certainly not going to affect my approach to or enjoyment of another hun pumping in Leith on Saturday.

Carheenlea

I agree that this is a far bigger game than the semi, but you have to keep in mind that many that go to the Hampden trips do so more for the day out rather than out of any great affection for Hibs.

3pm
18-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Is it? I'd love to know how so many people can make themselves available to go to a semi at Hampden...but when we have a VITAL game at Home....suddenly we're struggling to sell them.

You said there is no excuse. I disagree.

What you have said now is more in line with my thoughts.

PiemanP
18-05-2015, 12:03 PM
A lot will be waiting to see how Wednesday goes. One of the disadvantages of having a large stadium is there's no incentive to buy now as you know it's very unlikely you'll not get a ticket.

Canon Hannan
18-05-2015, 12:14 PM

RELAX COMRADES!
We will sell 16,000.
Just taking their time, no rush. If we win on Wednesday we may even sell 18,000. Have faith Hibbies.

Dashing Bob S
18-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Will wait till Thursday/Friday. Why all the fuss?

Diclonius
18-05-2015, 12:18 PM
If we win on Wednesday I would expect near to a full house.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-05-2015, 12:27 PM
With better profiling (for want of a better phrase) of fans and a decent database the club should know who does and will attend.

Folks mention family commitments and I must admit as a relatively new father of two I hadn't realised the impact it would have.

So with a better understanding of where our fans are in life perhaps we can better understand the factors affecting attendance. As some other clubs have shown (Dundee Utd? St J) it's not always about results/performance.

Maybe there's things the club can do to help keep supporters close as they bring up their families. The idea of a crèche was mentioned at LWT but I think that had been tried and problematic.

For or a one-off game tho you'd hope folks could manage. But this is an embra local holiday with next Monday a bank holiday so perhaps folks are sunning themselves?

Aldo
18-05-2015, 12:27 PM
I got mines when they first went up for sale through a ST holder. Cannot wait.

Bad Martini
18-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Some folk talk pish. Seriously. I would love an honourary membership of the uber-fan/we decide who is a real Hibs fan brigade....I really ****ing would.

Lets judge other folk when we know **** all of their own lives, circumstances etc. Bollocks.

Anyone who turns up on Saturday will do their duty. Some bawbags (our own bawbags) will turn up and talk *****, abuse the team and be dicks. Most wont. Does the act of "turning up/buying a ticket" make you more of a fan? Some could do with pissing off and NOT turning up, there ye go but we wont judge those.

The bottom line; most folk who follow their club will naturally go and see them when they can. Some wont though I cannot fathom why anyone would hurl abuse at said people, after all - why WOULD they claim to be Hibs fans if they didnt give a toss? To take the glories and riches and honours we constantly deliver? Aye, OK then. :rolleyes:

NB this "if you were at Hampden, you should be there" and other similar pish. I wasn't at Hampden, I'll be there (+2) on Saturday. Does that buck the trend, ruin the uber-fan mould or just mean there's plenty of us who follow Hibs, dont hunt glory (as there's very little) and most of us do as we like, livnig our lives and where possible, watching our team?

Pigeon holes are for pigeons. :agree:

Anyways, putting aside pointless infighting and judgement of others who are in some way on "our side", I say, **** THE RANGERS and MON THE HIBS YA BASS :flag:

ENDOF

cabbageandribs1875
18-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Some folk talk pish. Seriously. I would love an honourary membership of the uber-fan/we decide who is a real Hibs fan brigade....I really ****ing would.

Lets judge other folk when we know **** all of their own lives, circumstances etc. Bollocks.
Anyways, putting aside pointless infighting and judgement of others who are in some way on "our side", I say, **** THE RANGERS and MON THE HIBS YA BASS :flag:

ENDOF

indeed, i hate seeing the disparaging comments made about fellow hibs fans who have there own reasons for not attending, it's got damn all to do with the uberists, all they seem to bother about is stupid wee loyalty points :greengrin

LancashireHibby
18-05-2015, 12:41 PM
I'm on my mate's stag do, although if the trains weren't knackered then I'd be coming to the game and then rejoining the festivities.

For obvious reasons, my 7 year old son won't be attending on his own. So that's two supporters who went to Hampden who won't be attending the play off game.

Hope that's ok xx

green day
18-05-2015, 12:42 PM

Anyone who turns up on Saturday will do their duty. Some bawbags (our own bawbags) will turn up and talk *****, abuse the team and be dicks. Most wont. Does the act of "turning up/buying a ticket" make you more of a fan? Some could do with pissing off and NOT turning up, there ye go but we wont judge those.

The bottom line; most folk who follow their club will naturally go and see them when they can. Some wont though I cannot fathom why anyone would hurl abuse at said people, after all - why WOULD they claim to be Hibs fans if they didnt give a toss? To take the glories and riches and honours we constantly deliver? Aye, OK then. :rolleyes:

NB this "if you were at Hampden, you should be there" and other similar pish. I wasn't at Hampden, I'll be there (+2) on Saturday. Does that buck the trend, ruin the uber-fan mould or just mean there's plenty of us who follow Hibs, dont hunt glory (as there's very little) and most of us do as we like, livnig our lives and where possible, watching our team?

ENDOF

Aye, all of this too.

I was at Hampden, have bought 3 season tickets for me/dad/son for next year, but cant make saturday as I am away - that doesnt make me a crap fan, just a victim of circumstances.

Pretty sure the sales will go up well this week as the press coverage mounts. A win on wednesday will mean an almighty scramble, IMHO

greenlex
18-05-2015, 12:46 PM
This über fan pish rips ma nittin. If you are able to go then go. If you can't then fair enough. If you actually choose to be absent when you could be there then GTF. Simple.

Golden Bear
18-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Even a 3-0 defeat in the first leg doesn't mean that the tie can't be salvaged. Anything more than that then possibly we might struggle.:wink:

portyhibernian
18-05-2015, 12:51 PM
I see both sides of the coin. If circumstances dictate that you can't be there then nobody can argue with that. What I and I think others here people a bit of an issue with is those who crawl out of the woodwork when we look like winning something then never attend another game until we're back at Hampden.

EDIT : what greenlex says basically.

Onceinawhile
18-05-2015, 12:53 PM

My wife and I can't get childcare, but we could for the semi, so that's one down already. Plenty of reasons why people might not go and it's getting very boring reading all this rubbish. Why do people care if other people do or don't attend the football.

Gatecrasher
18-05-2015, 12:54 PM
So of all the posters saying the Uber fans are giving it the usual Uber fan pish, are you not concerned in the slightest that we are struggling to shift tickets for a game as big as this? This game is on par with any cup final we've had recently imo and we had no trouble selling those out.

Onceinawhile
18-05-2015, 12:54 PM
So of all the posters saying the Uber fans are giving it the usual Uber fan pish, are you not concerned in the slightest that we are struggling to shift tickets for a game as big as this? This game is on par with any cup final we've had recently imo and we had no trouble selling those out.

Why would it concern people?

Gatecrasher
18-05-2015, 12:57 PM

Because it's not healthy for our club to have a support that doesn't turn up to games?

NAE NOOKIE
18-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Its only Monday folks ... lets not all start wetting the bed just yet.

For those waiting for the result of the first leg ...... How bad does the result on Wednesday have to be before its not worth backing your team on Saturday? 1 - 0 .... 2 - 0 .... 3 - 0. If we win the first leg will you be booking hospitality?

Its on the telly right enough .... All shouting at the telly does is annoy the neighbours or piss off your fellow boozers down the pub ..... It does the square root of sod all to help Hibs. This is not a pop at folk whose only option is the telly ... enjoy the game.

Just how important does a game have to be for folk to get out and back 'their' team ...... Newsflash .... Its gonna' be a while before we are involved in a last day title decider, for the foreseeable future this is as big as it gets .... playoff final notwithstanding should we make it.

Dinnae make me come roond there :slipper:

:greengrin

scoopyboy
18-05-2015, 01:03 PM
My wife and I can't get childcare, but we could for the semi, so that's one down already. Plenty of reasons why people might not go and it's getting very boring reading all this rubbish. Why do people care if other people do or don't attend the football.

It's quite simple really, we want Hibs to have a big support.

In theory, the bigger the support the bigger the financial turnover and if spent properly a more successful team. It wouldn't be much fun for me watching Hibs on my own!!!!

Nobody is blaming people for not attending because they have other commitments it's more the guy who moans like f***, has nothing to do but won't go and watch us.

PatHead
18-05-2015, 01:08 PM
Will wait till Thursday/Friday. Why all the fuss?

My fear is that if ticket sales don't go up soon more tickets will be released to The Rangers which would make us a laughing stock.

Leeann and the Board listened to us it is about time we responded by buying tickets.

NAE NOOKIE
18-05-2015, 01:11 PM

Especially on a football fans forum. Its getting really silly on here, next thing you know folk will be talking about the players or asking questions about the board.

Football fans thinking its an important factor in being a fan that you turn up to support the team .... where will it all end? http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/no%20way.gif

PatHead
18-05-2015, 01:11 PM
[/B]

It's quite simple really, we want Hibs to have a big support.

In theory, the bigger the support the bigger the financial turnover and if spent properly a more successful team. It wouldn't be much fun for me watching Hibs on my own!!!!

Nobody is blaming people for not attending because they have other commitments it's more the guy who moans like f***, has nothing to do but won't go and watch us.and sits on here next weekend telling us where it all went wrong and they were right in not going because it is too dear/Hibs have no bottle/fed up seeing us lose/not going until Petrie leaves etc *

*delete as appropriate

Brightside
18-05-2015, 01:37 PM
I'm on my mate's stag do, although if the trains weren't knackered then I'd be coming to the game and then rejoining the festivities.

For obvious reasons, my 7 year old son won't be attending on his own. So that's two supporters who went to Hampden who won't be attending the play off game.

Hope that's ok xx

No its not...chuck him on the train and tell the driver to drop him at Waverly...its an easy walk for the 7yo from there. :greengrin

jane_says
18-05-2015, 02:01 PM
My fear is that if ticket sales don't go up soon more tickets will be released to The Rangers which would make us a laughing stock.

Leeann and the Board listened to us it is about time we responded by buying tickets.

The board will probably be looking at sales on Wednesday (perhaps tomorrow) and making a decision based on that. If it continues at that pace we will be releasing the whole stand to rangers and Hibs are going to look a bit silly.

muzzando
18-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Will be getting mine this week, finish my uni exams on Friday so not high on my agenda at the moment but will definitely be going

Pete
18-05-2015, 02:39 PM
The board will probably be looking at sales on Wednesday (perhaps tomorrow) and making a decision based on that. If it continues at that pace we will be releasing the whole stand to rangers and Hibs are going to look a bit silly.

It would be foolish of them to release tickets before the first leg as sales will be based on that. It would be foolish to release them anyway when you consider the importance of the match and our pitiful Ibrox allocation.

The board aren't stupid and they know that this match isn't about filling as many seats as possible with anyone. This is OUR match and OUR short term future depends on this.

No more tickets for the huns.

Chuck Rhoades
18-05-2015, 02:42 PM
The outcome of the first leg should not matter and I'm amazed we have supporters basing their decision to go on this.

Gmack7
18-05-2015, 02:43 PM
After we royally Roger them on Wednesday they will be handing back tickets

Broken Gnome
18-05-2015, 02:46 PM
The outcome of the first leg should not matter and I'm amazed we have supporters basing their decision to go on this.

:agree

IF that's an excuse, what realistic score from the first leg would give people a reason not to bother?? The tie will be alive at the end of Wednesday, no point in waiting to see the score.

Pete
18-05-2015, 02:58 PM

I couldn't care less if we look like a "laughing stock" or not. We should really ignore all this pressure to sell as many tickets as possible regardless for this "blockbuster".

Even if we are in a precarious position after the first leg and our fans, who have been put through a lot of crap, don't fancy it then the last thing we should be thinking about is numbers and giving them even more of an advantage.

The board said they would give us an opportunity to buy as many as possible and I trust that means right up until Friday.

RIP
18-05-2015, 04:39 PM

Kevin this post made me literally burst into tears. The very thought that we would be a laughing stock makes me want to jump off Arthur's Seat, it really does.

Ohhhh the humiliation!!! I'll never be able to look Rod in the face again.

LWT came up with about 20 ideas for improving the match experience, supporter engagement and marketing. We are still light years behind other sports and the lack of imagination amongst our board and management is stultifying.

Keep trying

SunshineOnLeith
18-05-2015, 04:45 PM
I imagine most people won't have even thought about buying their tickets yet. Sell outs at Easter Road aren't exactly common so we, as a support, aren't in the habit of buying well in advance. It'll be Thursday or Friday morning before there's any real surge.

EH6 Hibby
18-05-2015, 05:20 PM
I'm going in the next couple of days to get our groups tickets, what's the rush?

ArmadaleHibs
18-05-2015, 06:01 PM

ENDOF

Post of the day. In fact one of the most well said posts of all time.

Too many people on here criticise anyone for anything. Why people are panicking because we've only sold several thousand I will never know. I've supported this club for 35 years and I go to home games and away games every season. I also have a season ticket yet I haven't bought my ticket for Saturday yet. Is it because I'm not happy, is it because I'm not as good a fan as some, is it because I'm waiting for Wednesday's result, naw it's none of the above. It's because I haven't got round to it due to work.

Stop all this panicking and moaning and just wait and see what Saturday brings. I reckon a half decent result on Wednesday will see a huge increase in sales.

Ggtth

Onion
18-05-2015, 06:11 PM
it seems either most folk cant be arsed anymore or they are waiting to see what happens on Wednesday. Considering we had 17,000 at Hampden a few weeks ago this is pish poor.

Of course folk are waiting until after Wed, why wouldn't they ? There is plenty capacity so no danger in not getting a seat. If Hibs get thrashed at Hunbrox, plenty will just chose to stay at home and watch on the box.

Sprouleflyer
18-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Post of the day. In fact one of the most well said posts of all time.

Too many people on here criticise anyone for anything. Why people are panicking because we've only sold several thousand I will never know. I've supported this club for 35 years and I go to home games and away games every season. I also have a season ticket yet I haven't bought my ticket for Saturday yet. Is it because I'm not happy, is it because I'm not as good a fan as some, is it because I'm waiting for Wednesday's result, naw it's none of the above. It's because I haven't got round to it due to work.

Stop all this panicking and moaning and just wait and see what Saturday brings. I reckon a half decent result on Wednesday will see a huge increase in sales.

Ggtth

Hurry up and buy your ticket!!! :worried::panic:

nellio
18-05-2015, 06:19 PM
If we get a decent result on Wednesday folk who are undecided will go!

silverhibee
18-05-2015, 06:40 PM
:agree

IF that's an excuse, what realistic score from the first leg would give people a reason not to bother?? The tie will be alive at the end of Wednesday, no point in waiting to see the score.

I'll be there no matter the score on Wednesday but won't get my tickets until Thursday.

Or if I'm near Leith tomorrow i will pop in and get them then.

Just had a brain wave. :thumbsup:

But not telling. :greengrin

Green Man
18-05-2015, 07:15 PM
I was waiting to see who we're playing as I won't take my son to a The Rangers game. Now I know he's not going I'll get my tickets in the next couple of days.

Winston Ingram
18-05-2015, 07:54 PM

Really?

If we can't sell out a game like this it doesn't bode well for our financial future.

Without being to simplistic, less money, less money for players, = lower quality team = poorer results.

JimBHibees
18-05-2015, 08:08 PM
It would be foolish of them to release tickets before the first leg as sales will be based on that. It would be foolish to release them anyway when you consider the importance of the match and our pitiful Ibrox allocation.

The board aren't stupid and they know that this match isn't about filling as many seats as possible with anyone. This is OUR match and OUR short term future depends on this.

No more tickets for the huns.

Absolutely nothing to do with how many tickets we sell give them no more. It is all about getting through the tie.

jon paul jones
18-05-2015, 08:12 PM
We may have lots of seats in a lovely stadium but section 43 is 60 odd seats from selling out completely and section 42 is well on the way. The quicker the East stand sells out, the momentum of ticket sales in other areas will change. It's funny to me that the folk I've spoken to are saying I'll be there for the play off final....:brickwall.....Saturday to me is a must attend. I told the missus where I was going, not asked! :rockin:

Although I am very polite 99% of the time and she's a lovely lady... the tea will be in the dog...etc etc

jon paul jones
18-05-2015, 08:15 PM
I stand corrected....38 seats left....WOOF!

Sir David Gray
18-05-2015, 08:49 PM
It would be really disappointing to only see about 10000 turn up on Saturday, if we happen to lose on Wednesday and people don't think we can turn it around.

In the grand scheme of things, this is one of the biggest games Easter Road has seen for many years and it's almost half the normal price of a ticket for a game against Sevco.

Really hope we can get a good crowd in for this game and I've no doubt that we will if we get a positive result on Wednesday but I would like to have seen a wee bit more faith shown in the players than what we've seen so far.

eastterrace
18-05-2015, 08:55 PM
It would be really disappointing to only see about 10000 turn up on Saturday, if we happen to lose on Wednesday and people don't think we can turn it around.

In the grand scheme of things, this is one of the biggest games Easter Road has seen for many years and it's almost half the normal price of a ticket for a game against Sevco.

Really hope we can get a good crowd in for this game and I've no doubt that we will if we get a positive result on Wednesday but I would like to have seen a wee bit more faith shown in the players than what we've seen so far.

hibs eh , its to dear, or its mince kick off time, or its raining or windy just any excuse to justify not to go. we shouldnt get hung up about it as long as the fans that do turn up back the team . stuff these day trippers.

high bee
18-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Can you print at home for this game? It seems to say you can but I saw a post earlier that suggested you can't. As a non local fan i hope you can.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Can you print at home for this game? It seems to say you can but I saw a post earlier that suggested you can't. As a non local fan i hope you can.

You definitely can.

I have four tickets sitting up on my window sill which I have printed off for Saturday.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2015, 09:06 PM
hibs eh , its to dear, or its mince kick off time, or its raining or windy just any excuse to justify not to go. we shouldnt get hung up about it as long as the fans that do turn up back the team . stuff these day trippers.

Yep, just like we heard the other excuses in the past like "I'm not going back until it's confirmed that Sevco will have to start again in the bottom division" or "I'm not going back until we have a new manager".

high bee
18-05-2015, 09:07 PM
You definitely can.

I have four tickets sitting up on my window sill which I have printed off for Saturday.

Great, thanks.

pontius pilate
18-05-2015, 09:11 PM
I cant go to the biggest game of the season as im working and i work alongside 2 huns so no chance of a shift swap. I hope to make the final tho

Nevi_SOL
18-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Section 43 - 31 seats
Section 42 - 86 seats
Section 41 - 30 seats
Section 40 - 105 seats

Billy Whizz
18-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Section 43 - 31 seats
Section 42 - 86 seats
Section 41 - 30 seats
Section 40 - 105 seats

East filling up nicely

RCNG
18-05-2015, 10:17 PM
I'm going in the next couple of days to get our groups tickets, what's the rush?

The rush being the board having to release extra south stand tickets to The Rangers fans.

silverhibee
18-05-2015, 10:45 PM
The rush being the board having to release extra south stand tickets to The Rangers fans.

When did the board mention this.

Onion
19-05-2015, 01:32 AM

We'll only know if it's the biggest game in years after the first leg. If the Huns pummel us in the first game, the tie could be over and not worth £15 so expect many to hold off until Thurs. of course if Hibs do the Huns 0-6 at Hunbrox, there will be plenty extra seats in the South Stand 😊 and maybe a few extra Hibbies at the game 😏

Chuck Rhoades
19-05-2015, 05:30 AM
We'll only know if it's the biggest game in years after the first leg. If the Huns pummel us in the first game, the tie could be over and not worth £15 so expect many to hold off until Thurs. of course if Hibs do the Huns 0-6 at Hunbrox, there will be plenty extra seats in the South Stand 😊 and maybe a few extra Hibbies at the game 😏

Can't believe we have supporters out there only willing to go if we win the first leg? Through thick and thin, shouldn't be waiting on Wed.

marinello59
19-05-2015, 06:06 AM
We'll only know if it's the biggest game in years after the first leg. If the Huns pummel us in the first game, the tie could be over and not worth £15 so expect many to hold off until Thurs. of course if Hibs do the Huns 0-6 at Hunbrox, there will be plenty extra seats in the South Stand  and maybe a few extra Hibbies at the game 

Strong ticket sales for the home leg before kick off tomorrow would send out a message to the team that we have confidence in them doing well at Ibrox which could only give them a lift. Just a thought.

liamh2202
19-05-2015, 06:14 AM
I was waiting to see who we're playing as I won't take my son to a The Rangers game. Now I know he's not going I'll get my tickets in the next couple of days.

Not even with less of them there? I thought that decision might help guys who usually don't take their kids to these games. Just curious btw not having a dig or saying you are wrong

lucky
19-05-2015, 06:41 AM
Ticket sales were always dependent on the score in the 1st leg. Too many fans are fickle. But if the ticket price had been a fiver just as the away leg then more might have taken the risk. I've already bought mine and think we'll get through the tie

Carheenlea
19-05-2015, 06:44 AM
Not even with less of them there? I thought that decision might help guys who usually don't take their kids to these games. Just curious btw not having a dig or saying you are wrong

Sectarian bile is sectarian bile, regardless of whether it`s emanating from 4000 or 1500 bigots.

Canon Hannan
19-05-2015, 06:52 AM
Sectarian bile is sectarian bile, regardless of whether it`s emanating from 4000 or 1500 bigots.

Agree there. It will be painful listening to tem. Can Hibernian educate the police on the songs against creed, colour or people? Then throw them out one by one? It's easy.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2015, 07:03 AM
I've already bought our tickets but won't bother going if we are behind after the first leg.

:fibber:

HH81
19-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Section 43 - 31 seats
Section 42 - 86 seats
Section 41 - 30 seats
Section 40 - 105 seats

A couple of red sections could start the ball rolling.

EH6 Hibby
19-05-2015, 07:24 AM

It's not just the away fans at a game like this. There is a different atmosphere in our end too. It can be horrible sometimes if we're getting beat.

offshorehibby
19-05-2015, 08:22 AM
1800 tickets still available for the East.

JimBHibees
19-05-2015, 08:25 AM
When did the board mention this.

Agree no rush at all. Would be more than comfortable with 3 full home stands and Gers fans filling less than half the away end.

Canon Hannan
19-05-2015, 08:39 AM
1800 tickets still available for the East.

That's good sales. We will sell 15-16,000 by kick off.

erin go bragh
19-05-2015, 08:48 AM

Any true Hibs fan will imo be at the game on Sat . I dont buy this single fish about waiting on how the first leg pans out . If were a few goals down we need as much backing as we can get to help turn it around . We can take near 40000 to a final v Livi through in Glasgow , so 18500 at the Leith San Siro should be a given .

GGTTH

Ringothedog
19-05-2015, 09:07 AM
I would guess we have approx 8k tickets to sell. That includes 1500 in the south stand.

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Any true Hibs fan will imo be at the game on Sat . I dont buy this single fish about waiting on how the first leg pans out . If were a few goals down we need as much backing as we can get to help turn it around . We can take near 40000 to a final v Livi through in Glasgow , so 18500 at the Leith San Siro should be a given .

GGTTH

I think thats a bit unfair. There's plenty "true" Hibs fans that won't be able to make it on Saturday. The argument is tho, that if there's nothing stopping you being there on Saturday (finances, childcare, work, other pre-made plans, etc) you need to get along! P.S - I'll be there.

JeMeSouviens
19-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Can't believe we have supporters out there only willing to go if we win the first leg? Through thick and thin, shouldn't be waiting on Wed.

Thick and thin? This is Hibs we're talking about: more like thin and ****** anorexic!

AJWisme
19-05-2015, 09:18 AM
I consider myself a "true" Hibs fan. Made it to as many games as I could this season. Just finished my 4th year at Aberdeen Uni so been quite busy.

I wish I could go on Saturday, but plans to Germany were already made. I will be watching though, and attending next Thursday :wink:.

Nutmegged
19-05-2015, 09:18 AM
I think many fans will hold off until after the first leg to make sure there's a second leg worth going too, I understand that might mortify some people but its a very realistic view in my opinion

God Petrie
19-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Ticket office seems busy this morning.

marinello59
19-05-2015, 09:25 AM
I think many fans will hold off until after the first leg to make sure there's a second leg worth going too, I understand that might mortify some people but its a very realistic view in my opinion

So the message those holding off are giving to the team is 'We don't trust you.' Yet we have performed well at Ibrox this season, well enough to suggest that we are the better team. We ask the players to stand up and believe in themselves, shouldn't we be doing the same?
I'm not mortified by anybody holding off for now, just confused.

Ringothedog
19-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Ticket office seems busy this morning.

Picking up tickets for tomorrow I would guess.

essexhibee
19-05-2015, 09:28 AM

That is what I have done for my tickets.

Can't wait come up to embra to see the game and get proper mince pie supper not the rubbish you get down here!!

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 09:28 AM
So the message those holding off are giving to the team is 'We don't trust you.' Yet we have performed well at Ibrox this season, well enough to suggest that we are the better team. We ask the players to stand up and believe in themselves, shouldn't we be doing the same?

Its been a very long time since i trusted a Hibs team to deliver a win, only a few weeks ago at Hanpden confirmed it again to me.

I understand exactly why some folk might be doing this. These will be the kind of supporter thats not as loyal as those who go each and every week.

There not a lot to get confused about here. :wink:

marinello59
19-05-2015, 09:31 AM
Its been a very long time since i trusted a Hibs team to deliver a win, only a few weeks ago at Hanpden confirmed it again to me.

I understand exactly why some folk might be doing this. These will be the kind of supporter thats not as loyal as those who go each and every week.

There not a lot to get confused about here. :wink:

I'm easily confused. It's an age thing. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 09:34 AM

You are not alone there. :greengrin

offshorehibby
19-05-2015, 09:37 AM

No, i can't get my head round this.

madhatter
19-05-2015, 09:44 AM

I wouldn't worry I'm confused too. Can't fathom holding off supporting your team if you can afford to. Obviously we all have personal commitments (work etc.) which is 100% understandable but people holding off to save £15 and one day of your weekend supporting the team you are supposed to back is strange especially since quite a few of these fans would have a hard time finding Easter Road. There are groups of fans that have sacrificed more time than I as I haven't been able to go to many away games and I can understand why people have sacrificed less (I've been to all home games) as we've all got commitments etc but for one last push I would expect casual fans to turn up for one game. We saw at Hamilton game last year they are there. To them I say "stop looking for excuses, if you have reasons fair enough but this is 1 game and a few hours". As someone else posted how good or bad does the result need to be at Ibrox for you to give or withhold your support?as you can see I'm confused as well. Glad to see I'm not only one.

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2015, 09:50 AM
1925 seats left in the FF. So we've sold around half of it at the moment.

erin go bragh
19-05-2015, 09:57 AM
I think thats a bit unfair. There's plenty "true" Hibs fans that won't be able to make it on Saturday. The argument is tho, that if there's nothing stopping you being there on Saturday (finances, childcare, work, other pre-made plans, etc) you need to get along! P.S - I'll be there.

Your right mate , i should have worded that better . Any Hibs fan that can go but is waiting to see what the result is on Wed is imo not a true supporter .

GGTTH

Keith_M
19-05-2015, 10:04 AM
When the old Rangers last won the league at ER, I found myself sitting among a load of their fans in the West Upper. They were in seats normally occupied by other ST holders.

I just hope nobody has the same bright idea this time and gives them their Reference Numbers.

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 10:14 AM
No, i can't get my head round this.

I wouldn't worry I'm confused too. Can't fathom holding off supporting your team if you can afford to. Obviously we all have personal commitments (work etc.) which is 100% understandable but people holding off to save £15 and one day of your weekend supporting the team you are supposed to back is strange especially since quite a few of these fans would have a hard time finding Easter Road. There are groups of fans that have sacrificed more time than I as I haven't been able to go to many away games and I can understand why people have sacrificed less (I've been to all home games) as we've all got commitments etc but for one last push I would expect casual fans to turn up for one game. We saw at Hamilton game last year they are there. To them I say "stop looking for excuses, if you have reasons fair enough but this is 1 game and a few hours". As someone else posted how good or bad does the result need to be at Ibrox for you to give or withhold your support?as you can see I'm confused as well. Glad to see I'm not only one.

Your right mate , i should have worded that better . Any Hibs fan that can go but is waiting to see what the result is on Wed is imo not a true supporter .

GGTTH

There are some very easily confused people on here today, it appears we have sold roughly our average home gate so far. So those who have not bought yet ARE those who dont hold Hibs as their first priority.

Its hardly rocket science, and quite funny that they are getting stick because they dont think the same way as some. The next insult will probably be, watch them crawl out the woodwork when we get to a final?

I'd have loved that problem, but once again the club let me and the rest of us down. Perhaps thats lead to the slow upturn in numbers?

Green Man
19-05-2015, 10:20 AM
It's not just the away fans at a game like this. There is a different atmosphere in our end too. It can be horrible sometimes if we're getting beat.

Yeah the away fans would be my main concern but I agree the Hibs crowd is different at these games, myself included. My boy is only 4 and the Mrs wouldn't be happy at me taking him. I feel bad as he loves going to Easter Road but I would feel worse if I took him and he had a bad experience if the crowd turned nasty.

aljo7-0
19-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Probably not relevant to anyone else but I agreed with my Mrs that I wouldn't take my 2 girls to Old Firm games whilst they were still young. My wife grew up through West and has seen the worst of the great unwashed at close quarters. I will definitely be going to the game on Saturday but am still negotiating the girls position. Until I know if they are coming I can't get my ticket so have delayed. looking good now that it will be 3 tickets I buy but would have been 4 if QOS had won (No way will Mrs go to a Sevco game)

Mr White
19-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Yeah the away fans would be my main concern but I agree the Hibs crowd is different at these games, myself included. My boy is only 4 and the Mrs wouldn't be happy at me taking him. I feel bad as he loves going to Easter Road but I would feel worse if I took him and he had a bad experience if the crowd turned nasty.

Tickets for the ff, approaching the ground from lochend to keep as much distance between my 4 year old and those smelly tramps as possible. That's my plan for saturday, the 2 previous home games against them haven't been a problem for us.

Spike Mandela
19-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Don't know why people get hung up on size of crowds. It doesn't matter if there are 20,000.there or 20 the important thing about this game(s) is that we win it, nothing else

We lost to Hamilton last year with 20,000 there, I'd rather win this year with 10,000 there.

The Harp
19-05-2015, 10:40 AM

Totally understand your reasoning GM. I'm in a similar position to you with my grandson. Have been taking him to some games recently, and he seems to be enjoying the match day experience (give it time though:wink:). Don't feel he's ready to be subjected to regular attendance at ER yet and certainly not ready to be exposed to the scenes a visit from The Rangers brings. Must admit I was pretty sure they would qualify at the expense of QoS so got my ticket a week ago, knowing that if Queens had surprised me by getting through I'd have to contact the ticket office to get two seats together.
Hopefully, we'll be able to take our laddies to the final playoff game(s). :pray:

madhatter
19-05-2015, 10:42 AM
There are some very easily confused people on here today, it appears we have sold roughly our average home gate so far. So those who have not bought yet ARE those who dont hold Hibs as their first priority.

Its hardly rocket science, and quite funny that they are getting stick because they dont think the same way as some. The next insult will probably be, watch them crawl out the woodwork when we get to a final?

I'd have loved that problem, but once again the club let me and the rest of us down. Perhaps thats lead to the slow upturn in numbers?

I understand your grievance but I've had more insults coming from people who don't attend. I've had "why do you keep giving money to the club, they don't care about you", "you're just a mug giving money to that lot", the list goes on...

What's worse, being insulted for spending time and cash on supporting the club or being insulted for not supporting the club you say you support? We are also talking about 1 game, if people can't make Hibs a first priority for 1 game I do have serious concerns about their definition of support. I understand your disappointment like many other fans but football is a sport and whilst there is an inherent theme of failure at ER as of late, sadly sport has a winner and loser. Andy Murray has done well in tennis but he could quite easily have failed in most of his ventures. That is life. Success won't come via club having to downscale due to loss of fans.

Don't know why people get caught up with SC hype as well. Maybe it is my age but I don't care that much about it, I'd rather thrash Hearts every time and get top 4 each season. Since winning cup in 2007 we've been on downward spiral. Need long-term success rather days in the sun.

MB62
19-05-2015, 10:44 AM

GGTTH

So would you prefer those that are choosing to do this just not to bother buying tickets then? or if/when they do, issue them with a badge saying 'I'm not a true supporter' or maybe issue those that have already bought a ticket with a badge saying 'I'm an ubber fan'?

What's all the panic about getting up to buy a ticket now? There will be plenty tickets for hibs fans, true or otherwise, if we want one, we just need to keep the heid, on and off the park.

Canon Hannan
19-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Just picked up Ibrox tickets and there was a steady stream of fans buying for Saturday. WE WILL FILL OUR end guys.

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Agree no rush at all. Would be more than comfortable with 3 full home stands and Gers fans filling less than half the away end.

We will sell out and folk can chillax, and the board won't be giving the Govan mob anymore tickets for the weekend.

liamh2202
19-05-2015, 10:49 AM

OK mate. I understand. Was just curious as I had said on another thread that people might take their families if their numbers were cut

RIP
19-05-2015, 10:51 AM
I've got half a dozen of Perth Celtic branch asking me to get them tickets :rolleyes:

Kato
19-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Any Hibs fan that can go but is waiting to see what the result is on Wed is imo not a true supporter .

Ooooh, get her.

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 10:53 AM
I understand your grievance but I've had more insults coming from people who don't attend. I've had "why do you keep giving money to the club, they don't care about you", "you're just a mug giving money to that lot", the list goes on...

What's worse, being insulted for spending time and cash on supporting the club or being insulted for not supporting the club you say you support? We are also talking about 1 game, if people can't make Hibs a first priority for 1 game I do have serious concerns about their definition of support. I understand your disappointment like many other fans but football is a sport and whilst there is an inherent theme of failure at ER as of late, sadly sport has a winner and loser. Andy Murray has done well in tennis but he could quite easily have failed in most of his ventures. That is life. Success won't come via club having to downscale due to loss of fans.

Don't know why people get caught up with SC hype as well. Maybe it is my age but I don't care that much about it, I'd rather thrash Hearts every time and get top 4 each season. Since winning cup in 2007 we've been on downward spiral. Need long-term success rather days in the sun.

First off i don't have a grievance with the club or anyone? :confused: I just understand both sides of this, and dont think folk should be goaded or insulted because of what they do or indeed don't do.

Greencore
19-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Ticket arrived today, east stand cc

offshorehibby
19-05-2015, 11:11 AM

Not confused, I just can't fathom out why you'd wait off on buying a ticket unless it was for financial or work reasons.

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 11:14 AM

Giro's don't get paid out until the end of the week, folk will get paid at the end of the week and they will all buy tickets then, i really don't think folk are holding off until they see what the crowd is tomorrow, we will sell loads of tickets between now and Saturday and ER will be bouncing on Saturday with Hibs fans.

Mind you if we beat the huns tomorrow night then you watch the queues at ER on Thursday morning, they will be all the way down Easter Road and then we will have folk moaning that we should never have gave that amount of tickets to the away team. :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
19-05-2015, 11:18 AM

GGTTH

Any true Hibs fan?

I'm at Radio 1's big weekend, guess I'll just tell the girlfriend I can't go.

Brightside
19-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Not confused, I just can't fathom out why you'd wait off on buying a ticket unless it was for financial or work reasons.

I beleive the term is glory hunter. If we are winning after the first leg and it looks more positive that we will go through many more people will suddenly be available for the game as they will want to say they were at the game when we knocked out Rangers.

It stinks IMHO.....but each to their own.

Brightside
19-05-2015, 11:21 AM
Any true Hibs fan?

Yes you should.... unless Radio 1's big weekend is more important to you than Hibs having your support.

green&left
19-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Any true Hibs fan?

You should aye. Olly Murrs, Rita Ora and 5 seconds of summer over Hibs v The Rangers in a semi final play-off :LOL:

DarrenSQH
19-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Yes you should.... unless Radio 1's big weekend is more important to you than Hibs having your support.

Thats a bit harsh.... Hibs v one direction is a hard choice ;-)

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Totally understand your reasoning GM. I'm in a similar position to you with my grandson. Have been taking him to some games recently, and he seems to be enjoying the match day experience (give it time though:wink:). Don't feel he's ready to be subjected to regular attendance at ER yet and certainly not ready to be exposed to the scenes a visit from The Rangers brings. Must admit I was pretty sure they would qualify at the expense of QoS so got my ticket a week ago, knowing that if Queens had surprised me by getting through I'd have to contact the ticket office to get two seats together.
Hopefully, we'll be able to take our laddies to the final playoff game(s). :pray:

It's The Rangers we are playing, not the Taliban.

tanfield
19-05-2015, 11:31 AM

GGTTH

that'll be me that isn't a true supporter then. Hey ho!

Every time there is a call to arms, we get the same uber fan crap. People's excuses are derided and folk accused of not being a true fan.

What about a wee bit diversity and inclusion and accept that perhaps some people have a different attitude to buying tickets?

I'm not really sure if I can afford to stump up for an adult and 3 kids tickets as things are tight but I'll make a late decision. Don't have to give an excuse but at least gives the high and mighties something to tear apart

Plus there is no direct correlation to suggest that a bigger hibs support positively influences matches. If anything the opposite is more true

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Ooooh, get her.

:agree:

Few drama queens out in force on here, the ground will get sold out, does it matter when folk buy tickets, if it is today or Friday does it really matter, our board will not be handing the huns anymore tickets, they were lucky to get what they got, they won't get anymore no matter the Hibs crowd on Saturday.

HibsNutter
19-05-2015, 11:35 AM

This 100%, you are only likely to get yourself into trouble at a football game anywhere in Britain if you go looking for it.

Aldo
19-05-2015, 11:39 AM
:agree: Few drama queens out in force on here, the ground will get sold out, does it matter when folk buy tickets, if it is today or Friday does it really matter, our board will not be handing the huns anymore tickets, they were lucky to get what they got, they won't get anymore no matter the Hibs crowd on Saturday.

Indeed Silver!

Wonder how many Huns will manage to get tickets for the home end.

Better not be near me or they will be OOT on their erchie

scoopyboy
Don't know why people get hung up on size of crowds. It doesn't matter if there are 20,000.there or 20 the important thing about this game(s) is that we win it, nothing else

We lost to Hamilton last year with 20,000 there, I'd rather win this year with 10,000 there.

A full Easter Road is a sight I will never get sick of seeing.

The atmosphere is different class when Hibs supporters fill it.

I don't know why people wonder why we like to see the ground full.

silverhibee
I beleive the term is glory hunter. If we are winning after the first leg and it looks more positive that we will go through many more people will suddenly be available for the game as they will want to say they were at the game when we knocked out Rangers.

What a load of pish Mr Uber fan.

flash
19-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Any true Hibs fan?

Tell her regardless of the fitba. Radio 1 big weekend ffs.

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 11:41 AM

:faf:

It's only a football game.

Aaron
19-05-2015, 11:43 AM
In my opinion there are two groups that exist: Hibs 'fans' and Hibs 'supporters'. Let's hope as many fans who can make it on Saturday become Hibs supporters.

scoopyboy
19-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Any true Hibs fan?

She would get somebody to go with her no problem.

HH81
19-05-2015, 11:44 AM

What is an acceptable reason for missing the game?

green day
19-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Indeed Silver!

Wonder how many Huns will manage to get tickets for the home end.

Better not be near me or they will be OOT on their erchie

Unless they are on the database / tickets bought by a hibbie, unlikely?

Brightside
19-05-2015, 11:47 AM
What a load of pish Mr Uber fan.

Which bit is pish? People on this thread have said they will decide on the home game based on the away game result. So if we are well behind they wont bother going. Now that IMHO is pish.

Its nothing to do with being an Uber Fan... its about being a supporter. If you only go when you think they might win you are not a supporter you're just looking for a nice day out.

Brightside
19-05-2015, 11:49 AM
:faf:

It's only a football game.

Are you on the wind up? Its Radio 1's big weekend??? Jeeesus its not exactly Bowie on Leith Links.

Golden Bear
19-05-2015, 11:51 AM
If we win the first leg 4-0 then maybe that will dissuade some Hibs fans from buying tickets for the second leg as the tie will effectively be finished.

Seems as though having the 2nd leg at home is now a negative factor.

:wink:

Brightside
19-05-2015, 11:51 AM

Lack of funds, illness, distance, pre-booked holiday.

Brightside
19-05-2015, 11:53 AM
If we win the first leg 4-0 then maybe that will dissuade some Hibs fans from buying tickets for the second leg as the tie will effectively be finished.

Seems as though having the 2nd leg at home is now a negative factor.

I'd imagine if it was a one off at hampden we'd sell 20k no bother. They could maybe put on some pop bands before the game.

tartanhibee
19-05-2015, 12:08 PM
What a truly pathetic bunch you are. Maybe we should all support Hibs when we can and stop this I'm the bestest fan ever nonsense.

basehibby
19-05-2015, 12:09 PM
Which bit is pish? People on this thread have said they will decide on the home game based on the away game result. So if we are well behind they wont bother going. Now that IMHO is pish.

Its nothing to do with being an Uber Fan... its about being a supporter. If you only go when you think they might win you are not a supporter you're just looking for a nice day out.

I agree with you as it goes - but I've grown to accept that a proportion of football fans are - just like in society at large - spineless muppets. with no sense of honour or loyalty. BUT - These are the ones who missed the 2nd Half vs Falkirk the other year - or who didn't bother showing when Hibs hosted Napoli in Europe with a 4 goal disadvantage to overcome. So these people pay the price for their cynicism and the ones who stick it out earn the right to laugh at their misfortune.

EH6 Hibby
19-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Every time one of these threads appears, you get people coming on all defensive explaining why they can't make it and then spouting the Uber fan nonsense.

No one is criticising people that can't afford it, have to work or have already made other plans. Not once have I seen someone be given a hard time for any of these reasons apart from the guy going to the Radio one thing but I'm sure that's only tongue in cheek. So I'm not sure why people feel the need to get their backs up and come on all angry about why they can't make it.

These threads are aimed at the people who CAN go to the game but choose not to.

:gwa::gwa::gwa:

adhibs
19-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Was busy when I was in earlier, mix off people collecting for tomorrow and buying for sat. Looking online the sales seem to be picking up, singles left in a lot of the east and probably a few more sections to turn yellow soon

BS44
19-05-2015, 12:21 PM

Jail.

HH81
19-05-2015, 12:33 PM

Cool. I fit into two of them illness and distance. I still fancy it but 4 hour drive with a blood clot in my leg might be an issue.

If anyone is driving through Yorkshire I would take a lift though.

Steve20
19-05-2015, 12:40 PM

Why though? They're not doing anything wrong. If they don't want to go, they shouldn't be made to go just to keep a few people who get worked up over attendances happy.

Newcastlehibby
19-05-2015, 12:44 PM
I agree with you as it goes - but I've grown to accept that a proportion of football fans are - just like in society at large - spineless muppets. with no sense of honour or loyalty. BUT - These are the ones who missed the 2nd Half vs Falkirk the other year - or who didn't bother showing when Hibs hosted Napoli in Europe with a 4 goal disadvantage to overcome. So these people pay the price for their cynicism and the ones who stick it out earn the right to laugh at their misfortune.

There were 26000 (plus lift-overs) at the Napoli game. In those days, nobody really believed we were completely out of it. Plus, people also attended to see a crack Italian team in action. I also reckon it was the equivalent of less than £10 in today's money for an adult to get in. Football was an affordable habit in those days.

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 12:55 PM
Are you on the wind up? Its Radio 1's big weekend??? Jeeesus its not exactly Bowie on Leith Links.

Aye I'm on the wind up, what you on telling folk what they should be doing on Saturday, if the guy has paid for radio 1s big weekend for him and his missus and it cost a few quid he should just not go fall out with the missus and lose out on his money for the radio 1 thing. :aok:

In games like this Hibs fans turn out in there numbers, can't see Saturday being any different.

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2015, 01:06 PM
Aye I'm on the wind up, what you on telling folk what they should be doing on Saturday, if the guy has paid for radio 1s big weekend for him and his missus and it cost a few quid he should just not go fall out with the missus and lose out on his money for the radio 1 thing. :aok:

In games like this Hibs fans turn out in there numbers, can't see Saturday being any different.

Radio 1's big weekend is free (I think) :wink:

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 01:06 PM

I'm sure there was lots of folk in that position last season, yet we packed out ER against Hamilton, stop getting your knickers in a twist, wee update for you, my sister in law just passed ER and she said there was a big queue at the ticket office, and they won't all be folk picking up tickets for tomorrow, maybe now the surge for tickets on Saturday has started.

Chill out eh, we will pack out ER on Saturday.

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 01:07 PM
I'd imagine if it was a one off at hampden we'd sell 20k no bother. They could maybe put on some pop bands before the game.

If it's Bowie then count me out.

PatHead
19-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Was in the ticket office at lunchtime to collect my ticket for tomorrow and Dylan McGeogh was in the queue in front of me. Take it he isn't starting then and having to settle for a seat in the stand? :wink:

Brightside
19-05-2015, 01:11 PM
I'm sure there was lots of folk in that position last season, yet we packed out ER against Hamilton, stop getting your knickers in a twist, wee update for you, my sister in law just passed ER and she said there was a big queue at the ticket office, and they won't all be folk picking up tickets for tomorrow, maybe now the surge for tickets on Saturday has started.

Chill out eh, we will pack out ER on Saturday.

Good :thumbsup: I've told the boy to get Heroes by Bowie over the load(ish) speaker.

EH6 Hibby
19-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Why though? They're not doing anything wrong. If they don't want to go, they shouldn't be made to go just to keep a few people who get worked up over attendances happy.

If someone is able to go but chooses not to, I don't understand why they are bothering to read a Hibs fans forum because Hibs can't be very important to them.

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 01:15 PM

I'm speechless, honestly I'am, not everyone in life has Hibs as there top priority.

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 01:20 PM
Every time one of these threads appears, you get people coming on all defensive explaining why they can't make it and then spouting the Uber fan nonsense.

No one is criticising people that can't afford it, have to work or have already made other plans. Not once have I seen someone be given a hard time for any of these reasons apart from the guy going to the Radio one thing but I'm sure that's only tongue in cheek. So I'm not sure why people feel the need to get their backs up and come on all angry about why they can't make it.

:gwa::gwa::gwa:

I'll be there on Saturday, but folk need to sit back and have a spliff and stop stressing out, we will as usual for these games pack ER out on Saturday.

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Was busy when I was in earlier, mix off people collecting for tomorrow and buying for sat. Looking online the sales seem to be picking up, singles left in a lot of the east and probably a few more sections to turn yellow soon

You must have that wrong, Hibs fans aren't turning up according to some. :greengrin

Come Saturday it will be close to selling out, the build up is starting and the tickets will sell like tickets for the radio 1 big weekend. :greengrin

Vault Boy
19-05-2015, 01:33 PM
It's quite ridiculous that there is even an argument to be had here. People have autonomy, they can go to as many or as few matches as they like. There's no prerequisite for being a Hibs fan, if you identify as a supporter that's all there is to it, there shouldn't be conditions or grading systems for fandom. No, there aren't any 'excuses' that are acceptable or unacceptable, in fact excuses aren't needed at all, no one should have to justify non-attendance, the only ones obligated to turn up are the staff who are contracted to the club.

We'd all love attendances to rise, it would benefit the club, benefit Scottish football and it would generate a really healthy atmosphere, but it can't be forced, enticement is necessary but belittling those who enact their freedom to be selective about when they attend is not, thankfully the club understands this even if some fans don't. That being said, it's the minority of posters who are actually trying to argue the case that not attending games without a sick note is somehow wrong, so it's best we leave it alone now.

PS, good to hear that the ticket office has been busy, heading towards a good turnout it seems. :greengrin

dangermouse
19-05-2015, 01:33 PM
You must have that wrong, Hibs fans aren't turning up according to some. :greengrin

Come Saturday it will be close to selling out, the build up is starting and the tickets will sell like tickets for the radio 1 big weekend. :greengrin

But they were free and I paid £30 for me and the lad to go to Easter Road :grr: I'd have been cheaper going to Norwich :wink:

The_Exile
19-05-2015, 01:34 PM
'kin 'ell, this thread is a monster! Hibs are about 7th or 8th on my list of priorities! I will be there on Saturday with 2 kids and a lapsed fan who's wanted to come along but jeezo, relax folks!

Brightside
19-05-2015, 01:51 PM
'kin 'ell, this thread is a monster! Hibs are about 7th or 8th on my list of priorities! I will be there on Saturday with 2 kids and a lapsed fan who's wanted to come along but jeezo, relax folks!

7th or 8th!!! Ye gods...burn this heritic.

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Radio 1's big weekend is free (I think) :wink:

Pretty sure the weekend isn't costing him nothing,sure travelling costs and maybe a hotel don't come free :wink:

FFS Callum don't say that or more folk might go to Norwich than ER. :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Pretty sure the weekend isn't costing him nothing,sure travelling costs and maybe a hotel don't come free :wink:

FFS Callum don't say that or more folk might go to Norwich than ER. :greengrin

:greengrin
I'd rather be at ER, but if I had already made (big)plans with the missus, its far too much hassle to get out of. I done the same the weekend of the semi final. Made plans for friends to visit, 5 months before the semi, and saw it was Livvy at home that weekend which I was prepared to miss. Never even considered the Scottish cup semi final, as when we've been in the Prem, we wouldnt have a game on that weekend.

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Good :thumbsup: I've told the boy to get Heroes by Bowie over the load(ish) speaker.

Maybe this will be more app for us Hibs fans. :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-TE_Ys4iwM

silverhibee
19-05-2015, 02:05 PM
But they were free and I paid £30 for me and the lad to go to Easter Road :grr: I'd have been cheaper going to Norwich :wink:

Was there not a £10 booking fee to get these free tickets :wink: :greengrin

JimBHibees
19-05-2015, 02:11 PM
As Arrigo Sacchi said, "Football is the most important of the least important things in life". :greengrin

Would maybe draw a line at One Direction though. :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2015, 02:14 PM

glory hunting and supporting hibs ? :faf: aye if only

Mathias Jack
19-05-2015, 02:17 PM
It's quite ridiculous that there is even an argument to be had here. People have autonomy, they can go to as many or as few matches as they like. There's no prerequisite for being a Hibs fan, if you identify as a supporter that's all there is to it, there shouldn't be conditions or grading systems for fandom. No, there aren't any 'excuses' that are acceptable or unacceptable, in fact excuses aren't needed at all, no one should have to justify non-attendance, the only ones obligated to turn up are the staff who are contracted to the club.

We'd all love attendances to rise, it would benefit the club, benefit Scottish football and it would generate a really healthy atmosphere, but it can't be forced, enticement is necessary but belittling those who enact their freedom to be selective about when they attend is not, thankfully the club understands this even if some fans don't. That being said, it's the minority of posters who are actually trying to argue the case that not attending games without a sick note is somehow wrong, so it's best we leave it alone now.

PS, good to hear that the ticket office has been busy, heading towards a good turnout it seems. :greengrin

This^^^^^^^ :top marks

Big_Franck
19-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Looking at the tickets left now it looks like we've sold hundreds today. I'd guess we'll have an attendance of about 17,000 on Saturday.

Steve20
19-05-2015, 02:22 PM
If someone is able to go but chooses not to, I don't understand why they are bothering to read a Hibs fans forum because Hibs can't be very important to them.

Why can't Hibs be very important to them? People can have more than one thing in their life that's important to them and maybe they have things they'd prefer to do. It's not for people on a fans forum to decide how good a Hibs supporter someone is.

FWIW, i don't think I've read anyone on this forum that's able to attend the match but is choosing not to.

Pete
19-05-2015, 02:29 PM
All of the people arguing will be there so this is pointless.

We know an important game when we see one and we'll get a good crowd.

EH6 Hibby
19-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Why can't Hibs be very important to them? People can have more than one thing in their life that's important to them and maybe they have things they'd prefer to do. It's not for people on a fans forum to decide how good a Hibs supporter someone is.

FWIW, i don't think I've read anyone on this forum that's able to attend the match but is choosing not to.

I wasn't suggesting that there were people that could go that weren't. I was more telling all the people that can't go to simmer doon cause no one was having a go at them. :greengrin

For 95% of games I wouldn't bat an eyelid over someone choosing not to go to a game, I just feel this is a really important game and anyone that can be there should be there.

Bad Martini
19-05-2015, 02:39 PM
As Arrigo Sacchi said, "Football is the most important of the least important things in life". :greengrin

Would maybe draw a line at One Direction though. :wink:

I prefer Bill Shankly's thinking on the matter :greengrin:

#shankswasagenius #andalwaysright

JimBHibees
19-05-2015, 02:41 PM
I prefer Bill Shankly's thinking on the matter :greengrin:

#shankswasagenius #andalwaysright

Yep he was a brilliant character and so many stories and quotes from him.

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2015, 02:43 PM
90% of his audience would probably turn the channel if he started talking about hibs too much...and he'd probably get the sack.

It's national which means the UK and that's just the way it is.

Is this meant for the Talksport thread? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 02:45 PM
What a truly pathetic bunch you are. Maybe we should all support Hibs when we can and stop this I'm the bestest fan ever nonsense.

:agree: I remember the moans of some of the very people who have posted on this thread, moaning about all the glory hunters who'd come out for the semi final, and the final should we get there.

They are now moaning because they have not bought a ticket, you couldn't make some of this **** up? :faf:

Pete
19-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Is this meant for the Talksport thread? :greengrin

Yes. I was wondering where it had went. :greengrin

Ronster117
19-05-2015, 02:55 PM

:top marks

Keith_M
19-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Hibs have taken a gamble on giving The Rangers less tickets for Saturday. This seems to have been what most people wanted, given many of the posts on here recently.

With that in mind, I hope the gamble pays off and we actually get a really big support. I would be a bit disappointed if we didn't but it's also not the end of the world.

It's also really early to be worried about how many we've sold so far, as people can afford to take their time to buy a ticket, as there's very little fear of missing out.

EDIT: That said, my flight arrives in Edinburgh at 11:30 pm on Friday, so I hope my Dad's actually bought my ticket before then ;)

The Harp
19-05-2015, 03:10 PM

Is that so? Thanks for the info.:rolleyes:

Hibby70
19-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Is that so? Thanks for the info.:rolleyes:

One is a cave dwelling, terrorist loving, misogynistic, evil organisation.

The other is the Taliban.

Nando™
19-05-2015, 03:41 PM
There really is a worrying amount of people that "can't understand", "will never understand" or "can't get their head round" people that are waiting to see the result of the 1st leg. The answer is, football fans are fickle and some will only go if it looks like we might win. Consider yourselves enlightened, and please try not to misunderstand this incredibly simple reality in future.

Morons telling people how they "should" live their lives as well :tee hee:

Should this, should that, should be through thick and thin. mind your own pitiful business. It's a game of football FFS :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 03:43 PM
There really is a worrying amount of people that "can't understand", "will never understand" or "can't get their head round" people that are waiting to see the result of the 1st leg. The answer is, football fans are fickle and some will only go if it looks like we might win. Consider yourselves enlightened, and please try not to misunderstand this incredibly simple reality in future.

Morons telling people how they "should" live their lives as well :teehee:

Should this, should that, should be through thick and thin. mind your own pitiful business. It's a game of football FFS :rolleyes:

:greengrin Aye but wait until we get to a cup fi...............

Hibby70
19-05-2015, 03:48 PM

I agree but Radio One Big Weekend !!!! Should be struck of the database imo.

Nando™
19-05-2015, 03:52 PM
I agree but Radio One Big Weekend !!!! Should be struck of the database imo.

"Should" it? :wink:

madhatter
19-05-2015, 04:05 PM
:agree: I remember the moans of some of the very people who have posted on this thread, moaning about all the glory hunters who'd come out for the semi final, and the final should we get there.

They are now moaning because they have not bought a ticket, you couldn't make some of this **** up? :faf:

In fairness, I think most of these people have the mindset of "I wish ER was filled every week" and see asking people to try to turn up to 1 game this season isn't asking much. I think if you support Hibs and are in a relative proximity and can afford to go to the games, you should go as much as you can. People further away I can 100% understand not making it but there are still some people that talk about the dire football we play and it being boring etc - these people clearly have no idea what they are talking about as this season has been light-years better than last.

There are certainly villains on both sides of the fence. However I must admit I get really annoyed about people who do not attend games, seem to have no willingness to attend games, drag the clubs name through the mud when things aren't looking quite as bad but then say they are a Hibs supporter which isn't really accurate. They may be a fan (of sorts) but a supporter is pushing the definition somewhat. Then again, I also get annoyed at the idiots giving Malonga grief for being 'lazy' and clearly want to have James Collins back. As the saying goes it takes all sorts. I just wish all sorts turned up at ER more often.

Each to their own but some people drive/train/coach 50+ miles every week to see Hibs play with limited funds and time. There are also people next door to the Stadium that have more money, more time and choose not to go to games. They may be casual fans or have a Petrie vendetta or simply have higher priorities which is fine but I can fully understand supporters being annoyed at how empty ER is most weeks. I will also generally side with the bloke sitting shivering in the stands over another saying "sod it, I'll watch the Manchester derby on Sky Sports - can't be bothered seeing that rubbish, I won't be going until Petrie is out".

Club should not have to have a "convince your mates", "phone your long lost cousin", "drag a stranger along" theme to get people to go to games. Especially of this magnitude. The money raised by fans for the underprivileged amongst us is amazing and shows how big a club we can be and how big our hearts are.

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 04:27 PM

Is it surprising that this post has come from someone who has been to about 5 games in the last 2 years? :cb

Nando™
19-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Is it surprising that this post has come from someone who has been to about 5 games in the last 2 years? :cb

The thing is, the post isn't actually anything to do with football. It's about trying to educate .

Canon Hannan
19-05-2015, 04:41 PM
In fairness, I think most of these people have the mindset of "I wish ER was filled every week" and see asking people to try to turn up to 1 game this season isn't asking much. I think if you support Hibs and are in a relative proximity and can afford to go to the games, you should go as much as you can. People further away I can 100% understand not making it but there are still some people that talk about the dire football we play and it being boring etc - these people clearly have no idea what they are talking about as this season has been light-years better than last.

There are certainly villains on both sides of the fence. However I must admit I get really annoyed about people who do not attend games, seem to have no willingness to attend games, drag the clubs name through the mud when things aren't looking quite as bad but then say they are a Hibs supporter which isn't really accurate. They may be a fan (of sorts) but a supporter is pushing the definition somewhat. Then again, I also get annoyed at the idiots giving Malonga grief for being 'lazy' and clearly want to have James Collins back. As the saying goes it takes all sorts. I just wish all sorts turned up at ER more often.

Each to their own but some people drive/train/coach 50+ miles every week to see Hibs play with limited funds and time. There are also people next door to the Stadium that have more money, more time and choose not to go to games. They may be casual fans or have a Petrie vendetta or simply have higher priorities which is fine but I can fully understand supporters being annoyed at how empty ER is most weeks. I will also generally side with the bloke sitting shivering in the stands over another saying "sod it, I'll watch the Manchester derby on Sky Sports - can't be bothered seeing that rubbish, I won't be going until Petrie is out".

Club should not have to have a "convince your mates", "phone your long lost cousin", "drag a stranger along" theme to get people to go to games. Especially of this magnitude. The money raised by fans for the underprivileged amongst us is amazing and shows how big a club we can be and how big our hearts are.

A decent post and I understand. My gripe is the charges at £28 for a Championship second tier Scottish game when you can pay £8 for a Ligue 1 French match with quality on show. Plus Hibs have let the fans down badly over the last 5-6 years with bad decisions that we all know about. BUT, we are rebuilding and improving. There used to be 10 stalwards at every home game, now maybe 2 attend. And that is different people every week from the 2. These guys were Hardcore Hibs who all travelled to the Ukraine. I don't blme Hibernian supporters, I blame our recent history. If we can manage 15-16,000 for the Gers match I think that would be ok to be honest. Who else could match that? I am slowly returning myself and the 2 are becoming 5 and 6 again within our group.

Nando™
19-05-2015, 04:48 PM
A decent post and I understand. My gripe is the charges at £28 for a Championship second tier Scottish game when you can pay £8 for a Ligue 1 French match with quality on show. Plus Hibs have let the fans down badly over the last 5-6 years with bad decisions that we all know about. BUT, we are rebuilding and improving. There used to be 10 stalwards at every home game, now maybe 2 attend. And that is different people every week from the 2. These guys were Hardcore Hibs who all travelled to the Ukraine. I don't blme Hibernian supporters, I blame our recent history. If we can manage 15-16,000 for the Gers match I think that would be ok to be honest. Who else could match that? I am slowly returning myself and the 2 are becoming 5 and 6 again within our group.

We have to charge these prices in Scotland because ticket money is, by far, each club's biggest income stream. Germany, France, England, Spain, Holland could charge each supporter 2 quid each for a game and it would barely dent any of their wealth.

The big problem is being right next door to England, we lose all our best talent to them for a pittance, and if we dropped our prices we'd have even less money to sign players from the English lower leagues.

Golden Bear
19-05-2015, 04:54 PM

I've not read the entire thread so apologies if the answer lies elsewhere however Hibs are charging £15 for this play off fixture. Admittedly £28 is the normal admission price for a Category 1 Match, which I agree, is far too expensive.

Gmack7
19-05-2015, 05:07 PM

This should be for another thread
I had a discussion with Rod Petrie at the QOTS league game recently at ER
I told him we had 18 @ our table 16 of whom had been ST holders at some point, that figure was down to 6 now and his response was you get what you pay for.

We are all going on Saturday

Winston Ingram
19-05-2015, 05:41 PM

£8 for a Ligue 1 game? Where was that? I paid £45 for a similar seat to my £25 at ER at Bordeaux last month.

Alfred E Newman
19-05-2015, 05:55 PM
The bare facts are, Hibs are about to embark on arguably their most important fixtures in their long history. If you call yourself a Hibs supporter and are able, get along to Easter Road on Saturday and give them your backing.

Skol
19-05-2015, 06:03 PM
I reckon I will wait until half time on Saturday and if we are in with a shout pop down and see if they will let me in for the 2nd half !!!

Beefster
19-05-2015, 06:05 PM
I'm not buying a ticket until I see if we win on Saturday.

keep the faith
19-05-2015, 06:09 PM
The bare facts are, Hibs are about to embark on arguably their most important fixtures in their long history. If you call yourself a Hibs supporter and are able, get along to Easter Road on Saturday and give them your backing.

Yep. It's as simple as that.

NAE NOOKIE
19-05-2015, 06:10 PM

Aye .... but if you are a Hibby you should want to go to this game :rolleyes:

The_Horde
19-05-2015, 06:12 PM

Here here Mr Nando. It's okay. Just gently lay the can of Stella down and it'll never harm you again. I promise.

hibs0666
19-05-2015, 06:13 PM

Fans are indeed fickle, but Hibs supporters will be at the game.

Nando™
19-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Aye .... but if you are a Hibby you should want to go to this game :rolleyes:
:hilarious "Should" they? Who are you to tell folk how to live their lives?

Here here Mr Nando. It's okay. Just gently lay the can of Stella down and it'll never harm you again. I promise.
Cracking comeback there,

Fans are indeed fickle, but Hibs supporters will be at the game.
Of course, some of them will.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2015, 07:13 PM

Yep.

iwasthere1972
19-05-2015, 07:33 PM
All this bickering. :yawn:

It's quite simple. You're either going or your not. Your decision of course.

If you are going then great stuff. If you're not fair do's

Would be great to have a sell out or as close as we can but it's the result that matters most.

I'm fairly confident that the crowd will be about 16,000 so happy with that.

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 07:35 PM
In a nutshell:top marks

Fergos
19-05-2015, 07:43 PM

Like the man said.

GGTTH.

scoopyboy
19-05-2015, 07:45 PM
A couple of guys I know have decided it is indeed a good idea to wait for the first leg score before deciding to buy tickets, thing is they don't know what the acceptable result is for the first game.

Can anybody in the same boat tell them what it is?

iwasthere1972
19-05-2015, 07:49 PM
A couple of guys I know have decided it is indeed a good idea to wait for the first leg score before deciding to buy tickets, thing is they don't know what the acceptable result is for the first game.

3-0 for Hibs.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2015, 07:50 PM

Exactly.

I can just imagine a few people tomorrow night, if we're 2-0 down with 10 minutes to go, saying that they're not going on Saturday when all of a sudden we get a goal back in the last few minutes and lose 2-1 and then they're suddenly going to get a ticket again.

Alfred E Newman
19-05-2015, 07:51 PM

If I had taken that attitude in 1967 I would have missed the one of the best nights of my life as a Hibs supporter.

iwasthere1972
19-05-2015, 07:52 PM
If I had taken that attitude in 1967 I would have missed the one of the best nights of my life as a Hibs supporter.

Me too. :aok:

Onceinawhile
19-05-2015, 07:53 PM

If we lose by two goals or less I'll be there. 3-0 reverse or worse and I won't.

Billy Whizz
19-05-2015, 07:55 PM
If we lose by two goals or less I'll be there. 3-0 reverse or worse and I won't.

And if we win 2 or 3-0 tomorrow?

Ronniekirk
19-05-2015, 07:58 PM

It's never over till the fat lady sings Billy ,but I would take either of those scores

scoopyboy
19-05-2015, 08:01 PM

A perfect answer and one I wish I had thought of earlier.

It was just too early for me, my first European game was Hamburg IIRC.

My dad told me the morning after the game that we had lost 4-1 in Italy and I thought that was that.

After the return leg he told me Hibs had won 5-0 and I thought he was pulling my leg at first.

What was the crowd at the Easter Road game?

Another thing, what was the score when Hibs scored over there?

scoopyboy
19-05-2015, 08:03 PM

I think you will be going buddy.

I would agree by the way that 3-0 or worse wouldn't be pulled back.

FranckSuzy
19-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Those who are undecided about buying tickets for Saturday's game had better get a move on, as with the amount of donations still coming in, the kids'll be taking over the East :tee hee: :thumbsup:

Cod Boy
19-05-2015, 08:07 PM

It was against Falkirk

HiBremian
19-05-2015, 08:07 PM

My dad told me the morning after the game that we had lost 4-1 in Italy and I thought that was that.

After the return leg he told me Hibs had won 5-0 and I thought he was pulling my leg at first.

Pleased to say I was there with about 22,000 other Hibbies that night. Not sure at what point Hibs scored in Naples, but remember reading we didn't deserve to lose 4-1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
19-05-2015, 08:08 PM
It was against Falkirk

Very true, and we would have double the time to pull it back.

I'd rather we didn't try it though.

Onceinawhile
19-05-2015, 08:09 PM

Certainly hope so.

Jonnyboy
19-05-2015, 08:09 PM

Some info on the home tie here, J

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=78069

Edit: Hibs were 3-0 down when Colin Stein scored in the 80th minute

Onceinawhile
19-05-2015, 08:10 PM

I'd be going as that would be a better result than a two or three goal defeat.

iwasthere1972
19-05-2015, 08:10 PM

21,000 plus liftovers of which I was one.

The 4-1 game it was 1-0 to Napoli at half time but I don't know at which point we scored. I see from above that we scored at 3-0 down.

Jonnyboy
19-05-2015, 08:11 PM
21,000 plus liftovers of which I was one.

The 4-1 game it was 1-0 to Napoli at half time but I don't know at which point we scored.

Scorers:-Napoli-Cane(20,50 and 85min.),Altafini(68min.);Hibs-Stein(80min.).

scoopyboy
19-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Some info on the home tie here, J

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=78069

Edit: Hibs were 3-0 down when Colin Stein scored in the 80th minute

Thanks JC.

Was the Altafini the same guy that scored a brace for Juve at Easter Road a few years later?

jacomo
19-05-2015, 08:21 PM

Cracking comeback there, completely dismantles everything I said,

For someone criticising those who can't understand an opposing view, you're quite poor at understanding an opposing view. :wink:

The_Horde
19-05-2015, 08:33 PM

Cracking comeback there, completely dismantles everything I said, .

I wont give you the argument you so crave.

Jonnyboy
19-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Thanks JC.

Was the Altafini the same guy that scored a brace for Juve at Easter Road a few years later?

It was indeed. The guy was around 36 years old when he came to ER with Juve but was as fast as 5hit off a shovel and probably one of the bestr players I've ever seen!

iwasthere1972
19-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Scorers:-Napoli-Cane(20,50 and 85min.),Altafini(68min.);Hibs-Stein(80min.).

Cheers. :aok:

Be great if there was footage of the 5-0 game. I'm sure I read somewhere that highlights were shown but I can't remember if I watched them. Couldn't imagine back then that the highlights would be available the same night as we probably didn't have the technology to do so. I could be wrong.

Anyway this is getting away from the original topic.

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2015, 09:11 PM
I remember being off sick from school, and they showed Bobby Duncans goal on the telly in black and white while i was laying on the sofa.

So there must have been footage of that game at sometime in the past.

iwasthere1972
19-05-2015, 09:14 PM
I remember being off sick from school, and they showed Bobby Duncans goal on the telly in black and white while i was laying on the sofa.

So there must have been footage of that game at sometime in the past.

I thought for one minute there that you were going to say that the ball landed on your sofa. :greengrin

Nando™
19-05-2015, 09:20 PM
For someone criticising those who can't understand an opposing view, you're quite poor at understanding an opposing view. :wink:
I actually understand their view entirely. Telling people what they "should" do is effectively telling them how to live their lives. It's tremendously simple.

I wont give you the argument you so crave.

:aok:

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2015, 09:28 PM
I actually understand their view entirely. Telling people what they "should" do is effectively telling them how to live their lives. It's tremendously simple.

:aok:
Deary me

Nando™
19-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Deary me

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear, oh dear oh dear oh dear..

stoneyburn hibs
19-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Fair bit of knicker twisting on this thread, when there is plenty time for fans to buy tickets. It was only in the last hour that I purchased for the kid and I, chill :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2015, 09:58 PM
East Stand

sect

37-plenty left
38-plenty left
39- 93 left
40-77 left
41-32 left
42-36 left
43- 16 left
44 Half Full...or half empty if yer a half empty type o guy
45-plenty left

west stand- not too shabby other than the outer sections

:nerd:

Ronniekirk
19-05-2015, 10:05 PM
East Stand

sect

37-plenty left
38-plenty left
39- 93 left
40-77 left
41-32 left
42-36 left
43- 16 left
45-plenty left

Someone said we sold a few hundred today so if that's repeated tomorrow then you would think Thursday would start to see some sections going red and the Stampede would begin in Ernest Assuming we don't get humped tomorrow night which I don't think will happen would be surprised if more than one goal in it unless one team gets lucky

Ronniekirk
19-05-2015, 10:08 PM
East Stand

sect

37-plenty left
38-plenty left
39- 93 left
40-77 left
41-32 left
42-36 left
43- 16 left
45-plenty left

In fact if Suzy strategically bought tickets in sections with fewest left just now several sections would go red immediately :rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
20-05-2015, 09:33 AM
In fact if Suzy strategically bought tickets in sections with fewest left just now several sections would go red immediately :rolleyes:

I've left it in Sue @ Hibs' capable hands as I'm at my 'real' job today :greengrin

Green Man
20-05-2015, 10:38 AM
I booked 2 seats in section 44 last night :thumbsup:

lord bunberry
20-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Has anyone any idea how many we've sold so far?

Keith_M
20-05-2015, 11:21 AM

I don't think anybody has released figure yet but the sales are still quite low.

Still three days to go though.

CallumLaidlaw
20-05-2015, 11:28 AM
A draw or a win tonight should see a sharp increase in the next 2 days. Hopefully we'll see around 18/19 thousand come Saturday.

Sammy7nil
20-05-2015, 11:29 AM
If Hibs are within a goal after tonight's game the tickets will start to fly out the shop.

scoopyboy
20-05-2015, 11:29 AM

Too many dots to count just now but I would estimate 8500 to 9000.

B.H.F.C
20-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Looks like it's starting to fill up a bit more now with a few less green sections.

Any form of result that keeps the tie alive will see a busy couple of days at the ticket office.

Really hope we can get a big crowd in.

Mathias Jack
20-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Plenty availability in the Famous Five and West as per.

The east is filling up nicely though; apart from sections 37 & 38/44 & 45, there's only a handful of seats in the sections inbetween.

Golden Bear
20-05-2015, 11:42 AM
It's best to buy now.

If you leave it until after tonight's game then all the best seats in the house will be gone.

CallumLaidlaw
20-05-2015, 11:51 AM

I reckon you're probably about right.. We've sold just over half the FF (I counted 1850 remaining of 3850 seats yesterday). We're well over half in the East and you'd imagine the west will be over half sold too.

Keith_M
20-05-2015, 11:56 AM

If only somebody would add a function to the Stadium Plan that gives the numbers available for each section, it would make your life a whole lot easier