PDA

View Full Version : Ireland V Scotland Euro Qualifier

PatHead
18-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Squad been announced for this game we can't lose.

Goalkeepers: Scott Bain (Dundee), Craig Gordon (Celtic): David Marshall (Cardiff City).
Defenders: Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town), Craig Forsyth (Derby County), Gordon Greer (Brighton & Hove Albion), Alan Hutton (Aston Villa), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic), Mark Reynolds (Aberdeen), Andrew Robertson (Hull City), Steven Whittaker (Norwich City).
Midfielders: Charlie Adam (Stoke City), Ikechi Anya (Watford), Barry Bannan (Crystal Palace), Scott Brown (Celtic), Darren Fletcher (West Bromwich Albion), James Forrest (Celtic), Shaun Maloney (Chicago Fire), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), James McArthur (Crystal Palace), Matt Ritchie (Bournemouth).
Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Sunderland), Leigh Griffiths (Celtic), Steven Naismith (Everton), Johnny Russell (Derby County).

18Craig75
18-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Happy with the squad although the teams picking itself at the moment. Looking forward to Dublin!

PatHead
18-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Surprised about Mulgrew due to his long layoff and no Alan McGregor but apart from that no issues.

Is anyone else going to this game? My first international in donkeys.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Surprised about Mulgrew due to his long layoff and no Alan McGregor but apart from that no issues.

Think McGregor has been dropped by Hull

PatHead
18-05-2015, 10:48 AM

Still a good experienced goalie to have on the bench for a big game. Could have taken the Dundee goalie along for experience but if we get injuries.....................

Stevie Reid
18-05-2015, 10:50 AM
I saw over the weekend that QPR's Matt Philips has the most assists in the EPL this year (not to mention scoring a couple of belters as well). Thought he might have been in the squad.

CapitalGreen
18-05-2015, 11:12 AM
I saw over the weekend that QPR's Matt Philips has the most assists in the EPL this year (not to mention scoring a couple of belters as well). Thought he might have been in the squad.

There was a stat a few weeks ago that he had the second most assists in 2015 in Europe's top 5 leagues after Messi. I'm not sure if that is still the case though.

Allant1981
18-05-2015, 11:16 AM
so armstrong and mackay-steven keeps james forrest out his club team but james forrest gets a call up and the other 2 dont, thats a bit strange

Big_Franck
18-05-2015, 11:40 AM
so armstrong and mackay-steven keeps james forrest out his club team but james forrest gets a call up and the other 2 dont, thats a bit strange

Stuart Armstrong should have been in the squad, disappointed that he's not. I don't think we have another player that can play the attacking central midfield role like him.

Should be strong enough to beat an average Irish side though :saltireflag

NthCarolinaHibs
18-05-2015, 12:24 PM

Aye..going over on the Thursday.. back on Monday

The Harp Awakes
18-05-2015, 12:38 PM
Aye..going over on the Thursday.. back on Monday

Over on the Friday and back Monday for us. Tickets courtesy of a Dublin Hibee.

JimBHibees
18-05-2015, 12:55 PM

Strachan said he had a long existing injury which needs rest over the summer.

PatHead
18-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Strachan said he had a long existing injury which needs rest over the summer.

Heard that on the radio when I was out and about

bod
18-05-2015, 01:30 PM

over on the Friday back on the Sunday
in the away end with the elite :thumbsup:

PeterboroHibee
18-05-2015, 01:53 PM

Strachan does like to pick his favourites. I like both Armstrong and GMS, but I think they are possibly still a little inconsistent at the moment (albeit both are better than Forrest).

Cant really complain about the squad overall. Those players have done well so far, so in competitive games theres no reason to change it. Calling up Bain does seem a little random though.

West hamBERNIAN
18-05-2015, 02:15 PM
How would you line up atm?

Gordon

Whittaker
Martin
Greer
Robertson

Brown
Fletcher
McArther

Leigh
Fletcher
Anya

Would be tempted to play Charlie Adam though, been banging them in lately.

SteveHFC
18-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Forrest again? Really? :confused:

allezsauzee
18-05-2015, 02:39 PM
plenty of attacking threat in there, even Levein might have considered playing for a win with that squad.....ok maybe not.

patlowe
18-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Marshall

Hutton
Martin
Greer
Robertson

Brown
Morrison (Mulgrew if he proves his fitness as he was great at Parkhead)

Anya
Maloney
Naismith

Fletcher

PatHead
19-05-2015, 11:33 PM
Great interview with Strachan about Easter Road.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/32786243