PDA

View Full Version : Lthv.

Mikey09
18-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Just wanted to post a massive well done to LTHV for retaining the East of Scotland Premier Division title on Saturday. Went down to the final game of the season and nothing less than a win against Leith Athletic would do. Was a really good game with Lothian winning 4-0. 2 really good teams on show and some cracking, passing football played. These 2 teams could easily step up to the Lowland League and hopefully both will in the near future. Well done. :thumbsup:

Boris
18-05-2015, 10:31 AM
I was at the game too. Probably Leith's best home gate of the season. I watch Leith Athletic in their EoS games whenever Hibs aren't playing. It was a good game with 2 cracking early goals putting LTHV in command. Leith kept plugging away & made a good few chances in 2nd half albeit really just when LTHV striker red carded after making it 4-0 (still not sure why - assume he said something to referee?). Easthouses Lily - who would have won the League had LTHV failed to beat Leith - doing some moaning on social media re Leith team selection on the day. Leith did leave a number of regulars out but all carrying knocks so not risked with coming cup final (against LTHV) in mind. Leith team included a 17 year old making his debut at left back & I thought he was probably their best player. League decided over 9 months & League tables don't lie - LTHV worthy Champions.

Mikey09
18-05-2015, 11:06 AM
I was at the game too. Probably Leith's best home gate of the season. I watch Leith Athletic in their EoS games whenever Hibs aren't playing. It was a good game with 2 cracking early goals putting LTHV in command. Leith kept plugging away & made a good few chances in 2nd half albeit really just when LTHV striker red carded after making it 4-0 (still not sure why - assume he said something to referee?). Easthouses Lily - who would have won the League had LTHV failed to beat Leith - doing some moaning on social media re Leith team selection on the day. Leith did leave a number of regulars out but all carrying knocks so not risked with coming cup final (against LTHV) in mind. Leith team included a 17 year old making his debut at left back & I thought he was probably their best player. League decided over 9 months & League tables don't lie - LTHV worthy Champions.

Yeah the young lad at left back for Leith was very good. Lothian player was sent off for GIRUY gesture to the Leith player after he scored. Stupid but he'll learn. Easthouses would just be frustrated at how it all panned out, but to be honest they should show a bit of class and respect and take it on the chin. I've put in for holidays this weekend to get to the play off game and then head up to the cup final between Lothian and Leith on Sunday. Should be a good weekend... Hopefully!!! :greengrin

Boris
18-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Yeah the young lad at left back for Leith was very good. Lothian player was sent off for GIRUY gesture to the Leith player after he scored. Stupid but he'll learn. Easthouses would just be frustrated at how it all panned out, but to be honest they should show a bit of class and respect and take it on the chin. I've put in for holidays this weekend to get to the play off game and then head up to the cup final between Lothian and Leith on Sunday. Should be a good weekend... Hopefully!!! :greengrin

Aha - mystery solved! The Leith player that nearly brought him down was the captain, Gaz Black, & there's a bit of history between them - always a fiery clash! Real fitba! Not sure if that means he's out for cup final. Ex-Hibs youth player Keith Murray will definitely return for Leith on Sunday to hopefully add to his 33 goals scored already this season. He's not renewed his contract yet & I suspect he might be moving to a Lowland League outfit who can afford to pay a decent signing-on fee. I'm hoping for a good "Leith" day too Saturday & Sunday!.

cabbageandribs1875
18-05-2015, 12:25 PM
mon the Leith boys

Mikey09
18-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Aha - mystery solved! The Leith player that nearly brought him down was the captain, Gaz Black, & there's a bit of history between them - always a fiery clash! Real fitba! Not sure if that means he's out for cup final. Ex-Hibs youth player Keith Murray will definitely return for Leith on Sunday to hopefully add to his 33 goals scored already this season. He's not renewed his contract yet & I suspect he might be moving to a Lowland League outfit who can afford to pay a decent signing-on fee. I'm hoping for a good "Leith" day too Saturday & Sunday!.

Gary Black is a very good player. A real competitor. He had a couple of digs at the Lothian player as he ran past him to score, hence the reaction. But still stupid. Yeah Keith Murray is also a talent and certainly knows how to score goals. My bet would be he moves to Whitehill Welfare if he doesn't sign for Leith. I'm hoping for a good Leith day too on Saturday.... but not Sunday!!!! :greengrin