PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone booked a bus for Wednesday night?

scoopyboy
17-05-2015, 06:33 PM
As it says in the title.

East Lothian Hibs have been put in the crazy position with this mental points limit in that we don't know if we can run a bus on Wednesday because we cant take names because nobody knows if they are getting tickets.

The only games we haven't ran buses to were the two Dumbarton away games and filled the bus on each of the three occasions we have been at Ibrox.

Thing is I don't think anyone at Hibs is even in the remotely bit interested in our plight.

scoopyboy
17-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Doh, just noticed IFONLY and Baldy Foghorn have put buses on.

Quick question to you guys, how do you know how many of your guys will get tickets and do you have a plan B if not enough of guys who have booked seats get them?

Brooster
17-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Complete and utter shambles, presided over by our fans reps. If I find out certain folk have been 'looked after' I will be raging.

Baldy Foghorn
17-05-2015, 07:10 PM

Quick question to you guys, how do you know how many of your guys will get tickets and do you have a plan B if not enough of guys who have booked seats get them?

Like I said on travel thread, we have a full bus, but don't know how many will get tickets?

3pm
17-05-2015, 07:11 PM
How many branch buses normal run?! 4 or 5?!

Andy74
17-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Complete and utter shambles, presided over by our fans reps. If I find out certain folk have been 'looked after' I will be raging.

Not sure why the points thing is being made an issue. In normal circumstances there would also be every season ticket holder able to go for these.

Brooster
17-05-2015, 07:18 PM
How many branch buses normal run?! 4 or 5?!

3 mate. East Lothian, Carlton and Four in Hand.

Brooster
17-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Not sure why the points thing is being made an issue. In normal circumstances there would also be every season ticket holder able to go for these.

Sakes man. Give it a rest.

greenlad
17-05-2015, 07:20 PM
3 mate. East Lothian, Carlton and Four in Hand.

and Southern.

Andy74
17-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Sakes man. Give it a rest.

Eh, I think you guys have brought it up in this thread as an issue and you've brought the fans reps into it.

What's different for you than usual?

Brooster
17-05-2015, 07:22 PM
and Southern.

Apolgies. I wasnt aware Southern travelled to away games.

Brooster
17-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Eh, I think you guys have brought it up in this thread as an issue and you've brought the fans reps into it.

Im not getting dragged in. Youve done it to death on other threads.

Hermit Crab
17-05-2015, 07:24 PM

At least if everyone was eligible then a rep from the bus branch could go down with all the client ref numbers and get a block booking of tickets, so yes the points system has caused problems for bus convenors.

iwasthere1972
17-05-2015, 07:24 PM

I think the big difference is that this isn't your normal league game where 900 seats are normally ample. This is almost like a cup tie and the interest will be much more appealing.

Baldy Foghorn
17-05-2015, 07:26 PM
I think the big difference is that this isn't your normal league game where 900 seats are normally ample. This is almost like a cup tie and the interest will be much more appealing.

Should go to the ones who have been at the 3 games at Ibrox this season.....

3pm
17-05-2015, 07:29 PM

Wouldn't disagree.

Haven't been myself so not even attempting to get one. Pity Dumbarton never got in the play-offs.

IFONLY

If member don't get tickets I will be looking for others to fill the bus.

Andy74

Yep but this thread is blaming the points system and the fans reps for the problem, not the allocation and the stature of the game.

Baldy Foghorn
17-05-2015, 07:30 PM

Ditto

Andy74
17-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Im not getting dragged in. Youve done it to death on other threads.

So why another one that you've added to if you don't want it discussed?

Brooster
17-05-2015, 07:31 PM
So why another one that you've added to if you don't want it discussed?

We are talking about buses....the booking of.

scoopyboy
17-05-2015, 07:35 PM

Fair enough, Thanks Tam.

With being an out of town bus I'm not so sure we could take that gamble.

Last Minute
17-05-2015, 07:36 PM
How much are the tickets for Wednesday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
17-05-2015, 07:40 PM

Well doesn't bother me because I'm not going either. It's a tricky one. Maybe you should advertise your coach as only being available to fans who have 320 points.

iwasthere1972

A five pound note.

scoopyboy

Big difference to me Andy is that we have filled three buses to the fixtures at Ibrox this season.

We are now faced with the situation that we can't book a bus because we don't know how many of our members will get tickets. Similarly guys can't guarantee they will go as they may not get tickets.

A lot of our members have not missed a game this season but now may have to, do you think that is fair?

If a realistic points level had been set then the people that I am concerned about would be guaranteed a ticket.

Baldy Foghorn
17-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Well doesn't bother me because I'm not going either. It's a tricky one. Maybe you should advertise your coach as only being available to fans who have 320 points.

:confused::confused:

scoopyboy
17-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Like I said on travel thread, we have a full bus, but don't know how many will get tickets?

Thanks Brockie. I hope all your regulars land lucky.

Frazerbob
17-05-2015, 07:43 PM

£5

I've got a Hun mate getting me tickets for the home end, currently an hours queue to buy on their online system.

iwasthere1972
17-05-2015, 07:47 PM
:confused::confused:

Yes me too. My post was me trying to be humorous. As you previously said, you'll fill your coach anyway.

Hopefully a happy journey back to Edinburgh. :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
17-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Thanks Brockie. I hope all your regulars land lucky.

:aok:

Carheenlea
17-05-2015, 08:30 PM
As long as those Ibrox regulars, who will be the same guys who back the Hibs on the road every other week, can get their tickets that should be all that matters.

silverhibee
17-05-2015, 08:34 PM

Happy with that, i would qualify for that. :thumbsup:

3pm
17-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Happy with that, i would qualify for that. :thumbsup:

Selfish de Grass Puffer!

Scouse Hibee
17-05-2015, 08:40 PM
There is obviously a core of supporters who travel to most if not all away games. It's a pity there isn't a system to ensure they get tickets first.

silverhibee
17-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Selfish de Grass Puffer!

:cb

BoomtownHibees
17-05-2015, 08:45 PM
There is obviously a core of supporters who travel to most if not all away games. It's a pity there isn't a system to ensure they get tickets first.

Exactly what the loyalty points should have done

greenlad
17-05-2015, 09:09 PM

Agree that the loyalty scheme if properly administered would do this. Probably 2-300 who are the hardest of the hardcore that are at every away game should get first priority followed by the next 5-600 or so who are very regular if not ever-present (I count myself in that category) It is usually largely the same faces you see at away games all over the country (the first 7-900) supplemented by a few more in the games closer to home (where we take up to 1500-2000) and the top tier pointswise should be looked after first and foremost. Then let the rest (say 310 points and below) scrabble for the rest of the tickets. A cut of point of 180 is nonsensical (well it would be fair if you weren't counting next years STs across the board as 330 would become 180 and so on down the way)

Nothing's been said so far about how the loyalty points carry forward once we are into future years, is ito be just the current season or is it all previous seasons? I would suggest something along he lines of a 3 or 5 year rolling loyalty point score would be about right in terms of reflecting previous years as well, but allowing you to miss the odd game withiout major detriment.

I actually have 335 points just now, have attended 34 out of 36 regular season games - the two I've missed being at Ibrox (mixture of work/KO time/TV and general indefference to The New Hun after being at virtually every Ibrox game between 1995 & 2012). As we've fared so well in the other two with me watching on BT Sport I am not trying for tickets tommorow and hoping that this will be just as good an omen this time!:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
17-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Agree that the loyalty scheme if properly administered would do this. Probably 2-300 who are the hardest of the hardcore that are at every away game should get first priority followed by the next 5-600 or so who are very regular if not ever-present (I count myself in that category) It is usually largely the same faces you see at away games all over the country (the first 7-900) supplemented by a few more in the games closer to home (where we take up to 1500-2000) and the top tier pointswise should be looked after first and foremost. Then let the rest (say 310 points and below) scrabble for the rest of the tickets. A cut of point of 180 is nonsensical (well it would be fair if you weren't counting next years STs across the board as 330 would become 180 and so on down the way)

Nothing's been said so far about how the loyalty points carry forward once we are into future years, is ito be just the current season or is it all previous seasons? I would suggest something along he lines of a 3 or 5 year rolling loyalty point score would be about right in terms of reflecting previous years as well, but allowing you to miss the odd game withiout major detriment.

I actually have 335 points just now, have attended 34 out of 36 regular season games - the two I've missed being at Ibrox (mixture of work/KO time/TV and general indefference to The New Hun after being at virtually every Ibrox game between 1995 & 2012). As we've fared so well in the other two with me watching on BT Sport I am not trying for tickets tommorow and hoping that this will be just as good an omen this time!:wink:

Good post and good points made.....:aok:

iwasthere1972
17-05-2015, 09:21 PM

It was a total nonsense adding next season's 180 points to existing season ticket holders points and including new season ticket members this year. Even a six year old could understand that so I don't know why it was thought a good idea by the club etc.

The short timescale to sell the tickets didn't help either. Don't know why there needed to be a week between the two The Rangers and QoTS fixtures. They surely could have played the second tie during the week or was that down to BT.

Fingers crossed that we won't be in this nonsense play off situation again. Or for at least a good while.

Carheenlea
17-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Exactly what the loyalty points should have done

It should be easier to implement once the scheme has been running for longer. I'm regretting now paying at gate at Cowdenbeath and Livingston rather than buying in advance and securing the points that go with it. I think after a full season there will be a clearer record of the regular travellers and ensure they are catered for in the event of smaller allocations. Making the points for away games higher than home games would be something to consider for next season.

DaveF
17-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Sincerely hope all the away regulars (bus and car travellers) get a ticket. I have enough points but as I'm not able to go on Wednesday that's one less in the queue!

These short notice games were never going to be easy to manage and it's a real ball ache for the bus conveners in particular. Hope it works out.

Andy74
17-05-2015, 09:42 PM
We are talking about buses....the booking of.

I think you took it beyond that. Did you just want to have a wee pot shot unchallenged?

Andy74
17-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Big difference to me Andy is that we have filled three buses to the fixtures at Ibrox this season.

We are now faced with the situation that we can't book a bus because we don't know how many of our members will get tickets. Similarly guys can't guarantee they will go as they may not get tickets.

A lot of our members have not missed a game this season but now may have to, do you think that is fair?

If a realistic points level had been set then the people that I am concerned about would be guaranteed a ticket.

This is getting a bit silly now.

Previously all season ticket holders would have been entitled to go for these tickets.

It seems in the last week or so there is some thought that some small elite group should be entitled first?

Either way I don't see that the points system is the issue here it's almost the same population as usual able to book tickets. The game is just bigger and more interesting to more fans.

inglisavhibs
17-05-2015, 09:48 PM
£5

I've got a Hun mate getting me tickets for the home end, currently an hours queue to buy on their online system.
Pity there is not the same demand amongst Hibs supporters for our home game on Saturday. Sales so far are awful. Play offs are attracting relatively big crowds across the UK including huge crowds for Bristol Rovers and Grimsby at Wembley. We take 16000 to the semi final yet can' t be bothered for the play offs? May'be sales will pick up this week and let's hope so as big empty spaces won't exactly help the players when they come out the tunnel.

scoopyboy
17-05-2015, 09:50 PM

Previously all season ticket holders would have been entitled to go for these tickets.

It seems in the last week or so there is some thought that some small elite group should be entitled first?

Either way I don't see that the points system is the issue here it's almost the same population as usual able to book tickets. The game is just bigger and more interesting to more fans.

You've conveniently not answered my question Andy.

Do you think it's fair that guys who have not missed a game home or away all season might not get a ticket despite having maximum loyalty points?

Eyrie
17-05-2015, 09:51 PM

Do you think it's fair that guys who have not missed a game home or away all season might not get a ticket despite having maximum loyalty points?

Problem is that there are only three days to sell tickets. That doesn't leave much time to stagger the sales according to loyalty points.

Sir David Gray
17-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Pity there is not the same demand amongst Hibs supporters for our home game on Saturday. Sales so far are awful. Play offs are attracting relatively big crowds across the UK including huge crowds for Bristol Rovers and Grimsby at Wembley. We take 16000 to the semi final yet can' t be bothered for the play offs? May'be sales will pick up this week and let's hope so as big empty spaces won't exactly help the players when they come out the tunnel.

:agree: Anything less than 16 or 17000 Hibs fans next Saturday will be really disappointing.

lucky
17-05-2015, 09:58 PM
The points system is the best way of distributing tickets. There are flaws in this but now walk ups and fans who buy tickets for away games are being recognised. As for the buses, sadly around only 200 fans are effected by this as such Hibs have made a decision based on the majority

iwasthere1972
17-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Problem is that there are only three days to sell tickets. That doesn't leave much time to stagger the sales according to loyalty points.

:agree: I'm sure that the thought at the club was that they wanted the tickets to be sold out on Monday rather than it possibly running over to Tuesday. That's why it was open to more fans than it would have been had we been giving a bit longer to sell them.

I blame it on the SPFL. Couldn't run a bath.

Carheenlea
17-05-2015, 10:15 PM

Either way

It's nothing to do with elitism, simply fairness.

marinello59
17-05-2015, 10:47 PM

There isn't time to guarantee anybody a ticket so yes, it is fair.

Andy74
18-05-2015, 07:43 AM
There isn't time to guarantee anybody a ticket so yes, it is fair.

It's fair anyway. Season tickets were sold on basis of getting priority.

Nothing has really changed for this game. Without the points system there would still be more demand than tickets. That's the way it goes.

I think it's a bit off having a go at the fans reps etc on this one.

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2015, 08:21 AM

Nothing to do with being an elite group Andy, it is fairness. Do you not agree that supporter's who go to every game should be rewarded?

DH1875
18-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Nothing to do with being an elite group Andy, it is fairness. Do you not agree that supporter's who go to every game should be rewarded?

If you didnt let guys with 180 points buy tickets then you wouldnt be rewarding supporters who have been to every game. Someone with 300 points, wont have been to as many games as someone with 180 points.

18Craig75
18-05-2015, 09:49 AM

Why are people still rising to this guy. Could pick an argument in an empty room. Where's the boring smiley...

EH54
18-05-2015, 10:31 AM
If you didnt let guys with 180 points buy tickets then you wouldnt be rewarding supporters who have been to every game. Someone with 300 points, wont have been to as many games as someone with 180 points.

Not necessarily true as point system was late being introduced... was the first point game not the home QTR final game? which means anyone who was at away games before didnt recieve any points...

i agree though btw...:thumbsup:

Carheenlea
18-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Hopefully all those intending running their buses have secured enough tickets among their travellers to make running them viable :aok: