PDA

View Full Version : Looking for somewhere central for a function

HibbyDave
16-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Hi Guys, I am looking for a central location to host a group of friends from Belgium on a Saturday night in September. We would need somewhere that can seat 30 plus people for a meal and if possible some entertainment. Ideally a Scottish themed restaurant/bar that does decent food. It's difficult to book that many seats. I tried places like Ghillie Dhu but they can't take the booking. Any help appreciated.

:flag::flag:

speedy_gonzales
16-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Perhaps not as central as you want, but Cafe Cassis on Salisbury Road may suit your requirements. French menu with a Scottish flavour. You could probably hire the whole dining room.
Entertainment could also be arranged by yourself or the owners may even have a list of contacts?!?

HibbyDave
16-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Perhaps not as central as you want, but Cafe Cassis on Salisbury Road may suit your requirements. French menu with a Scottish flavour. You could probably hire the whole dining room.
Entertainment could also be arranged by yourself or the owners may even have a list of contacts?!?

Thanks for the suggestion, ill check it out. There is also a french place in Shandwick Place that may be suitable.

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2015, 07:05 PM
Does it have to be Scottish? Vittoria on the Bridge or on Leith walk woukd easily take you as they both have party rooms ideal for large groups.

leemel
16-05-2015, 07:26 PM
The news room across from St James centre.it has an area at the back that would easily seat 30 and no bad food.

Gus
20-05-2015, 09:26 AM
The news room across from St James centre.it has an area at the back that would easily seat 30 and no bad food.

The Newsroom is nice but I refuse to go there after the renamed their bar/club downstairs 5one

Frazerbob
20-05-2015, 09:48 AM
Try The Golf Tavern at Bruntsfield. They have a cracking bar upstairs that may be available. They can supply a meal or buffet and host live music so could help with that too. Tell them Frazer from The Illicit Still recommend them.

HibbyDave
20-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Try The Golf Tavern at Bruntsfield. They have a cracking bar upstairs that may be available. They can supply a meal or buffet and host live music so could help with that too. Tell them Frazer from The Illicit Still recommend them.
Thanks for the suggestion Frazer.

HibbyDave
20-05-2015, 11:15 AM
The Newsroom is nice but I refuse to go there after the renamed their bar/club downstairs 5one

That's that place off the guest list then!

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Have you saw the sign above the door @ The 4IH? IV, surely a Stewards Enquiry! ;-)

Godsahibby
20-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Try the Safarai a lounge at Abbeyhill great room through the back cracking food the back room also has its own bar.

Onceinawhile
21-05-2015, 04:02 PM

Further up the road so a bit less central, but the merlin in Morningside fits the bill.

Scouse Hibee
21-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Pub in Morningside loves groups, very friendly and accommodating I believe. Think it's called Canny Mans or something like that.

Frazerbob
21-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Pub in Morningside loves groups, very friendly and accommodating I believe. Think it's called Canny Mans or something like that.

:faf:

JohnStephens91
22-05-2015, 11:03 AM
There is the Cuckoo's Nest on Home Street and the Canons' Gait on the Royal Mile - both have large function rooms downstairs.

hibbymick
25-05-2015, 06:50 AM

hee hee