PDA

View Full Version : NHC Copa America 2015

Zazu62
16-05-2015, 11:57 AM
The Copa America tournament, which will be held in Chile will be shown on premier sports. Think you can subscribe for £9.99 which gives you 2 months.

NYHibby
16-05-2015, 12:04 PM
This is just a warm up for the real Copa America being held next year.

Zazu62
16-05-2015, 12:08 PM
Why is there 2 in 2 years?

HH81
16-05-2015, 12:10 PM
The only good thing premier sports has is Aus RL. Awful otherwise.

It should be free through sky.

NYHibby
16-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Why is there 2 in 2 years?

Its the centenary of CONMEBOL. It will be the first real Americas' Cup as opposed to being a misnamed Sudamericana copa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Am%C3%A9rica_Centenario

nellio
16-05-2015, 12:14 PM
The only good thing premier sports has is Aus RL. Awful otherwise.

It should be free through sky.

Thwy have the UK broadcast rights to the NHL as well but apart from that not much else.

Ryan69
16-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Thwy have the UK broadcast rights to the NHL as well but apart from that not much else.

Should be awesome!
There is a buzz here about it.

Chile have a very good chance this year!

DH1875
16-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Think £9.99 is a tad expensive to be honest.

Onceinawhile
16-05-2015, 09:57 PM

Indeed. Used to be free on Virgin as well
well.

NYHibby
12-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Its the centenary of CONMEBOL. It will be the first real Americas' Cup as opposed to being a misnamed Sudamericana copa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Am%C3%A9rica_Centenario

All these posts about the Euros and no one is talking about Copa America? The US won our group to shut up some of the South Americans.

DH1875
12-06-2016, 12:01 PM
All these posts about the Euros and no one is talking about Copa America? The US won our group to shut up some of the South Americans.

It's that important that Pele and Maradona have been in Paris all week. For two guys who apparently don't get on, they even spent the day together the other day.

NYHibby
12-06-2016, 12:20 PM
It's that important that Pele and Maradona have been in Paris all week. For two guys who apparently don't get on, they even spent the day together the other day.

Two guys who are all about the $? Need to break out Once in a Lifetime's cash register sound for Pele...

Big_Franck
12-06-2016, 04:27 PM
I know Neymar, Thiago Silva and a couple more of their better players aren't playing in this tournament but even still Brazil look a big price at 6/1. I'll be in Rio when the final is on so i'm hoping they do well :greengrin

Argentina seem to be strong favourite though.

NYHibby
15-06-2016, 01:50 PM
I know Neymar, Thiago Silva and a couple more of their better players aren't playing in this tournament but even still Brazil look a big price at 6/1. I'll be in Rio when the final is on so i'm hoping they do well :greengrin

That worked out well for you...

Jonnyboy
15-06-2016, 06:45 PM
I see an ex player of ours took part

NYHibby
16-06-2016, 12:16 PM
I see an ex player of ours took part

Yes, Clayton Donaldson now plays for Jamaica.

Big_Franck
16-06-2016, 04:59 PM
I think the yanks will scrape through tonight against a poor Ecuador. They'll then get pumped by Argentina in the semis though.

MileHighBees
17-06-2016, 04:13 AM
:rockin:
Dempsey's on fire
Your* defense is terrified
Dempsey's on fire
etc etc

*Unless we do get Argentina in the SF
I doubt they'll be terrified
But great win tonight anyway
:top marks

https://youtu.be/qjzBNxaPzB8

AZhibee
17-06-2016, 04:57 AM
:rockin:
Dempsey's on fire
Your* defense is terrified
Dempsey's on fire
etc etc

*Unless we do get Argentina in the SF
I doubt they'll be terrified
But great win tonight anyway
:top marks

https://youtu.be/qjzBNxaPzB8

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

F*** Argentina.

NYHibby
17-06-2016, 08:48 AM
We make it to the semifinals to play the current #1 team in the world and now people come out of the woodwork. (Wouldn't be hibs.net without this comment)

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
17-06-2016, 10:30 AM

I dont understand why tournaments sell their rights to such inaccessible channels.

I watched a few games last year, but this tournament has totally passed me by. Entirely their fault IMO

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-06-2016, 11:54 AM
I dont understand why tournaments sell their rights to such inaccessible channels.

I watched a few games last year, but this tournament has totally passed me by. Entirely their fault IMO

I'm sure it was on Premier Sports last time too, although Virgin XL subscribers got it for free IIRC.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
17-06-2016, 12:33 PM
I'm sure it was on Premier Sports last time too, although Virgin XL subscribers got it for free IIRC.

Yeah i think youre right. But it being free made a difference.

Sure there was an article a few months back rhat uefa are rdgretting their decisiobln to go with bt as viewing figures are so low

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Im sure the ko times were better too.

MileHighBees
19-06-2016, 04:19 AM
Semi-finals now set
USA v Argentina
Colombia v Chile

Notes / observations / opinions :-

(1) Argentina
Without Messi they are probably still the best team in the tournament
WITH Messi they should win it easily

(2) Venezuela
If you think JC's 'Panenka' v Dundee Utd was bad then you need to see the one from tonight's game
Unlike JC, he didn't even get the redemption of eventually winning the game
https://youtu.be/uVGr2EK6zo0

(3) Mexico
Pumped 7-0 by Chile in tonight's QF
Highlight of the competition so far :devil:

GreenLake
19-06-2016, 04:24 AM
Semi-finals now set
USA v Argentina
Colombia v Chile

Notes / observations / opinions :-

(1) Argentina
Without Messi they are probably still the best team in the tournament
WITH Messi they should win it easily

(2) Venezuela
If you think JC's 'Panenka' v Dundee Utd was bad then you need to see the one from tonight's game
Unlike JC, he didn't even get the redemption of eventually winning the game
https://youtu.be/uVGr2EK6zo0

(3) Mexico
Pumped 7-0 by Chile in tonight's QF
Highlight of the competition so far :devil:

My mate is from Chile, supports the LA Galaxy and hates Mexico and Chivas USA. He now knows what it is to hump your rivals in their home stadium like Hibs do. Take it from me, any game in the USA is like a home game for Mexico. :greengrin

MileHighBees
19-06-2016, 04:39 AM
My mate is from Chile, supports the LA Galaxy and hates Mexico and Chivas USA. He now knows what it is to hump your rivals in their home stadium like Hibs do. Take it from me, any game in the USA is like a home game for Mexico. :greengrin

To be fair to the Mexican fans they did like to give (chuck) free beer to (at) opposition players whenever Mexico conceded a goal.
Who doesn't like a wee drink to celebrate :greengrin
The Chile players were probably half pished by full time tonight
:cheers:

NYHibby
19-06-2016, 09:07 AM

I don't know how long you've lived in LA, but in case you haven't picked up the dynamics between different Latin American groups, you do realise that Chile and Mexico are not really rivals right? This is not like Hibs beating Hearts or Germany beating England. Your friend's hatred of Mexico is based on something else...

For those not familiar with American soccer, "any game in the USA is like a home game for Mexico" is based on his location near Mexico. You get different experiences going to different corners of the country. Seattle, Boston and Miami for example.

(since I don't expect everyone to remember my backstory, I am this site's American who used to work for a non-MLS team in the US)

Onceinawhile
19-06-2016, 04:05 PM
I see Messi equalled Batistuta's record last night.

Only took an extra 33 games.

Big_Franck
19-06-2016, 05:11 PM
So Argentina will play Chile or Colombia in the final then. With Arturo Vidal being suspended for the semi it gives Colombia a decent chance but it'll be a tight game. Still can't see past Argentina though.

GreenLake
19-06-2016, 05:18 PM
I don't know how long you've lived in LA, but in case you haven't picked up the dynamics between different Latin American groups, you do realise that Chile and Mexico are not really rivals right? This is not like Hibs beating Hearts or Germany beating England. Your friend's hatred of Mexico is based on something else...

For those not familiar with American soccer, "any game in the USA is like a home game for Mexico" is based on his location near Mexico. You get different experiences going to different corners of the country. Seattle, Boston and Miami for example.

(since I don't expect everyone to remember my backstory, I am this site's American who used to work for a non-MLS team in the US)

This seems to be a familiar situation. A guy from NY thinks he knows what is going on. :faf:

MileHighBees
22-06-2016, 03:02 AM
1st SF done
Argentina 4 USA 0
Only one team in it and could easily have won by more
USA fought hard and did well to get this far but Argentina are simply at a different level
Highlight was Messi's free-kick for the 2nd goal
Superb accuracy by the best player in the world :not worth
It will take a miracle (or massive screw-up) to stop Argentina winning this COPA

MileHighBees
22-06-2016, 03:13 AM
Messi goal to break Argentina scoring record

https://youtu.be/9vKWGuWhOCA

AZhibee
22-06-2016, 05:05 AM
1st SF done
Argentina 4 USA 0
Only one team in it and could easily have won by more
USA fought hard and did well to get this far but Argentina are simply at a different level
Highlight was Messi's free-kick for the 2nd goal
Superb accuracy by the best player in the world :not worth
It will take a miracle (or massive screw-up) to stop Argentina winning this COPA

per espnfc, no shots on goal for USA, on target or not...
couldnt agree more on Messi...

Paloschi
22-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Chile v Colombia tonight should be a cracker!! If anyone can't get to sleep or is up anyway kick off is at 1am UK time.

Chile defeated a Mexican side unbeaten in 9 competitive games 7-0 (:greengrin) with Edu Vargas bagging 4 goals. Colombia have introduced youth into their side but are still led by the likes of James Rodriguez, Juan Cuadrado and Carlos Bacca. They looked great in the group stage and will provide a big test for La Roja.

I am not sure if we can post where to stream the game as I understand hardly anyone has premier sports.

Big_Franck
22-06-2016, 11:32 AM
The yanks were never going to give Argentina a game as they did well just to sneak in to the semis, even on home soil. It could easily have ended up another 7-0 game.

MileHighBees
23-06-2016, 01:31 AM
HT Chile 2 Colombia 0
2nd half KO delayed due to bad weather in Chicago area

MileHighBees
23-06-2016, 02:12 AM
For anyone who missed the following highlights from earlier in the tournament :-

Argentina v Panama
Messi didn't start - subbed on after 61 mins - quickly scores a hat-trick - no big deal :coolhib:
https://youtu.be/aTITCVF5gpw

Bolivia v Chile
Fantastic free kick
https://youtu.be/blM6KIlvXmA

MileHighBees
23-06-2016, 04:15 AM
FT Chile win 2-0

MileHighBees
27-06-2016, 04:33 AM
2016 COPA America Final
Argentina 0 Chile 0
Chile win on pens 4-2

The headline will be that Messi put his pen over the bar (right after Chile also missed their first pen)
He looked like he was in shock at the end
Ref spoiled first half with 2 very harsh red cards
Thought 2nd half would be more open 10 v 10 but actually it was very edgy
Looked like everyone was scared to foul in case they got a card
Penalties became inevitable and the one guy you'd never in your life expect to miss one did
Congrats to Chile who retained the trophy but it wasn't the greatest game

Finn2015
27-06-2016, 06:02 AM
Don't know if it's a spoof but apparently Messi retired from international football

(((Fergus)))
27-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Don't know if it's a spoof but apparently Messi retired from international football

Seems to be real enough, for the time being anyway: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36637591

As if the world wasn't already in enough chaos :greengrin

lyonhibs
27-06-2016, 06:30 AM
2016 COPA America Final
Argentina 0 Chile 0
Chile win on pens 4-2

The headline will be that Messi put his pen over the bar (right after Chile also missed their first pen)
He looked like he was in shock at the end
Ref spoiled first half with 2 very harsh red cards
Thought 2nd half would be more open 10 v 10 but actually it was very edgy
Looked like everyone was scared to foul in case they got a card
Penalties became inevitable and the one guy you'd never in your life expect to miss one did
Congrats to Chile who retained the trophy but it wasn't the greatest game

Messi's record at penalties is abysmal, considering the player he is.