PDA

View Full Version : FAO London Based Hibs - Quinn's Update

London Hibs Supporters Club
15-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Play-Off Fixture
Folks in and around London Town.

Sad news to relay.

Our Front of House contact, Vincenti has unfortunately departed Quinn's. His replacement, Kevinski has informed me that the TV rights are not what they were and the same feed is being shown in the Piano Bar, Orangery and Brasserie. There seemingly is now no TV in the Japanese Garden.

Alas, there is an Arsenal game on against Sunderland on Wednesday that clashes with out fixture and Kevinski has to be convinced that our match has priority.

Pierre is also away on another new business venture and Jean-Claude was last seen at the beginning of April.

I'm working on a Plan B for Wednesday. The Oscar Wilde Bar at the Hotel Cafe Royal on Regent Street may be able to accommodate us, but they have to know by Sunday lunch at the latest....and they will only have one screen to view and numbers are strictly limited to 62.

Watch this space - but please DO NOT TURN UP AT QUINN'S until further notice.

G

WellingtonHibby
15-05-2015, 10:32 PM
I, personally, blame the Tory Government for this.

Haymaker
15-05-2015, 11:15 PM
I, personally, blame the Tory Government for this.

:agree:

17-05-2015, 05:16 PM
Folks.

I can now confirm that the match on wednesday is 100% on at quinn's and it will be screened in the piano bar from 19:30.

This is a kind gesture of goodwill from mr & mrs quinn as i told her that there would easily be more hibs supporters turning up than arsenal fans.

Get there early if you want a seat - even earlier if you want a table.

See you wednesday.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Folks.

I can now confirm that the match on wednesday is 100% on at quinn's and it will be screened in the piano bar from 19:30.

This is a kind gesture of goodwill from mr & mrs quinn as i told her that there would easily be more hibs supporters turning up than arsenal fans.

See you wednesday.

Not one to be missed. Hope it's a better outcome this time - my last appearance in Quinns wasn't a winning one :( won't be in the Big Smoke this time unfortunately.
Respect to Scott, Graeme and the lads and Brian if he's out there.

corbyalex
17-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Folks.

See you wednesday.

Good News well done will try to be there

GGTTH
:flag: :top marks :flag:

vinhibs
17-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Guys. I'm down in London on Wed for business.

Can Edinburgh based guests attend to watch the match?

What at is the address of the bar?

thanks

Off the bar
17-05-2015, 06:58 PM

thanks

65 Kentish Town Road, London NW1 8NY

Easy walk from Camden tube or Camden rd overground. No jeans or trainers mind, it's a classy joint.

tamig
17-05-2015, 06:59 PM

thanks
Kentish Town Road bud.

Velma Dinkley
17-05-2015, 07:07 PM
Folks.

See you wednesday.

even earlier if you want a beer :greengrin

vinhibs
17-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Genuinely no jeans Hoxton??? Trainers I understand, but just checking on the jeans policy.

I may have looked up the wrong bar (yellow and blue outside from my quick google??), but guessing piano bar may be more upscale?

cheers

V

Off the bar
17-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Genuinely no jeans Hoxton??? Trainers I understand, but just checking on the jeans policy.

I may have looked up the wrong bar (yellow and blue outside from my quick google??), but guessing piano bar may be more upscale?

cheers

V

Depends who's on the door V, if they're smart jeans maybe but ripped jeans no chance.

17-05-2015, 07:56 PM

cheers

V

The pub and brasserie try to discourage the bohemian low-life that frequents Camden Town - hence the strict dress policy. The Hawley Arms just around the corner have done the exact same since Amy Winehouse departed this earth. The Hawley doormen are stricter than most with an absolute NO JEANS policy.

Depends who's on the door V, if they're smart jeans maybe but ripped jeans no chance.

As long as the arse isn't hanging out your jeans and they're clean and well-pressed, then I'll have a word with whoever is on the door and ask them to let you through.

Whatever you do, look reasonably presentable and don't (under any circumstances) turn up wearing a :tin hat: and work dungarees as the Piano Bar has just undergone a refit.

Iain G
18-05-2015, 07:30 AM
The pub and brasserie try to discourage the bohemian low-life that frequents Camden Town - hence the strict dress policy. The Hawley Arms just around the corner have done the exact same since Amy Winehouse departed this earth. The Hawley doormen are stricter than most with an absolute NO JEANS policy.

As long as the arse isn't hanging out your jeans and they're clean and well-pressed, then I'll have a word with whoever is on the door and ask them to let you through.

Whatever you do, look reasonably presentable and don't (under any circumstances) turn up wearing a :tin hat: and work dungarees as the Piano Bar has just undergone a refit.

What about wearing my favourite purple Hibs top last worn and last washed in the 90s, my stick on Tache Moustache and my Alan Rough permed wig? :wink:

DH1875
18-05-2015, 07:37 AM
How many guys do you normally get turning up for the games? Got to be honest, the place doesn't sound like my cup of tea at all. Not for watching the football anyway.

Hibee_Craig7062
18-05-2015, 07:39 AM
What about the 2nd leg at this pub? Mrs booked a weekend in London back in January and our hotel is near belsize park tube. Think thats on the same line as camden town???

WellingtonHibby
18-05-2015, 08:08 AM
How many guys do you normally get turning up for the games? Got to be honest, the place doesn't sound like my cup of tea at all. Not for watching the football anyway.

The fine gentlemen of Quinns are oft prone to embellishing thier soirees. One shouldn't read too much into it.

Iain G
18-05-2015, 08:41 AM

Last time I was at a game at Quinns John Leslie turned up looking like a scruff and a bit worse for wares, so they aint that fussy who they let in :wink:

wpj
18-05-2015, 08:57 AM
I'm in. Sad about Vincenti though, I suspect he may open another branch near Old Compton Street.

joe breezy
18-05-2015, 10:46 AM
I might come to the new location on Saturday - got Sky & BT at home but could do with the social aspect

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2015, 12:45 PM
If you arrive before 1700 you should still be able to sample the Entrecote Rioja which is a culinary delight although Pierre's absence from the kitchen is a bit of a blow.

Brummie_Hibs
18-05-2015, 02:12 PM
Standards have slipped in Quinns since the new owners have taken over. During my last visit, the table had been laid with a dessert spoon instead of a soup spoon. I nearly gave the garçon a right good thrashing because of it!

As such, I may not be in attendance on Wednesday, as I cannot palate such uncooth behaviour.

I have recently been courted by another fine dining establishment (http://www.sheephavenbaycamden.co.uk/) in the vicinity, where the Maître d' has already expressed a desire to host supper clubs for fine young gentlemen, and demure ladies, like ourselves.

Should I have a change in heart, it will only to say a fond farewell to Vincenti, before we both depart to pastures new.

Spudster
18-05-2015, 02:33 PM
I'm central on Wednesday, has anyone ever been to JetLag near Great Portland Street?
http://www.matchpint.co.uk/bars-showing-rangers-vs-hibernian-191047/index.html

jacomo
18-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Standards have slipped in Quinns since the new owners have taken over. During my last visit, the table had been laid with a dessert spoon instead of a soup spoon. I nearly gave the garçon a right good thrashing because of it!

As such, I may not be in attendance on Wednesday, as I cannot palate such uncooth behaviour.

I have recently been courted by another fine dining establishment (http://www.sheephavenbaycamden.co.uk/) in the vicinity, where the Maître d' has already expressed a desire to host supper clubs for fine young gentlemen, and demure ladies, like ourselves.

Should I have a change in heart, it will only to say a fond farewell to Vincenti, before we both depart to pastures new.

Is this for real? A traditional Irish pub serving English food and showing Scottish football?

I understand the trauma caused by the spoon incident but this a drastic reaction.

Brummie_Hibs
18-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Is this for real? A traditional Irish pub serving English food and showing Scottish football?

I understand the trauma caused by the spoon incident but this a drastic reaction.

Unfortunately, this is only one of a series of incidents. Only a few weeks ago there was no cologne in the bathroom and no flunky to dry my hands either.

I expect it won't be too long before our amuse-bouches will deteriorate, and service will descend to a level that I would only expect from a subhuman society, or Tynecastle.

However I do enjoy these supper clubs evenings with my peers, and I will adhere to any direction given from Master Walker.

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2015, 03:18 PM
I've just googled Quinns! Have I been mislead or what :-)

derekHFC
18-05-2015, 03:33 PM

I made my one and only visit a few years back, only to be turned away at the door on a Sunday for having no collar.

Snobbery at its finest :rolleyes:

Haymaker
18-05-2015, 03:52 PM
I made my one and only visit a few years back, only to be turned away at the door on a Sunday for having no collar.

Snobbery at its finest :rolleyes:

We cant have standards slipping... although it does appear that they have with the relaxation of "The Jeans Rule" :agree:

bigstu
18-05-2015, 05:18 PM

I was down for the weekend earlier in the year and watched a game with the guys in Quinns, I can highly recommend it, great establishment and fantastic guys to watch the game with. Give it a go, you'll like it.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-05-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm central on Wednesday, has anyone ever been to JetLag near Great Portland Street?
http://www.matchpint.co.uk/bars-showing-rangers-vs-hibernian-191047/index.html

As I recall from bygone days this used to be a bit of a hang out for Brazilians. Anyway cheap beer and a Brazilian restaurant I can recommend just down the street towards Oxford street on the opposite side from Jet lag. The Italian wasnt bad also.

Actually of all the places nearby you might want to Pop into the I gest ye not - The Masons Arms just off Great Portland St (the manager is scottish and may well be a Hibby so you may have an option there. The curry was decent for pub grub.

Have a good un.

CyberSauzee
18-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Last time I was at a game at Quinns John Leslie turned up looking like a scruff and a bit worse for wares, so they aint that fussy who they let in :wink:

That was obviously before the sex pond was installed in the Japanese Garden.

However, I fear Pierre's microwave may have pinged its last note; Jean-Claude may have popped his last cork. Last time I was there, in addition to the absence of a decent selection of colognes in the gentlemen's washroom, the lavatories were out of action until just before half time. Still, you wait about 45 minutes some games to get the pint you ordered before kick off poured, so no need to ask Vincenti for a clean chamber pot.

Spudster
18-05-2015, 10:45 PM
As I recall from bygone days this used to be a bit of a hang out for Brazilians. Anyway cheap beer and a Brazilian restaurant I can recommend just down the street towards Oxford street on the opposite side from Jet lag. The Italian wasnt bad also.

Actually of all the places nearby you might want to Pop into the I gest ye not - The Masons Arms just off Great Portland St (the manager is scottish and may well be a Hibby so you may have an option there. The curry was decent for pub grub.

Have a good un.

Cheers for the advice :aok:

19-05-2015, 06:54 PM
That was obviously before the sex pond was installed in the Japanese Garden.

However, I fear Pierre's microwave may have pinged its last note; Jean-Claude may have popped his last cork. Last time I was there, in addition to the absence of a decent selection of colognes in the gentlemen's washroom, the lavatories were out of action until just before half time. Still, you wait about 45 minutes some games to get the pint you ordered before kick off poured, so no need to ask Vincenti for a clean chamber pot.

Nope - Pierre returned on Monday and Jean-Claude has also returned after a brief stint at the Bulgari Hotel in Knightsbridge. Both will be serving us on Saturday and I just received the menu via email from Pierre which I'll post in the London Hibs forum.

Hope to see you tomorrow and give me a call in the afternoon as I'll be in Green Park/Mayfair at around 16:45'ish - Could meet you in the Coach & Horses if you fancy a tipple beforehand.

The Pointer
19-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Watched the play-off last year at Quinns. Venturing north to Boho land from douce St Margarets was quite an experience once I'd got past the Jap tourists. Warm day, great crowd, decent battle cruiser and some proper beer but it was probably the nadir following many nadirs suffered in recent years as a Hibby - especially as I had to go back to my Jambo brother's afterwards.

P. S. Don't forget to dye your Mohican green by the way.

wpj
20-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Wee bump for anyone in London wanting to watch the game with fellow Hi-bees

vinhibs
20-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Im here at Quinns. At the bar awaiting fellow Hibby's! At least i think i'm in the right place!!

nonshinyfinish
20-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Im here at Quinns. At the bar awaiting fellow Hibby's! At least i think i'm in the right place!!

So you found a presentable pair of trousers then?

vinhibs
20-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Yep. Yellow strides worked a treat!!

Off the bar
20-05-2015, 05:54 PM

I'm having a quick sharpener at the Abbey tavern round the corner will be in shortly! Should be buzzing in there by kick off!