15-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Would have the lad back in an instant. Looks good every time I see St Johnstone

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 07:17 PM
And throw Danny swanson in for good measure

eastterrace
15-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Would have the lad back in an instant. Looks good every time I see St Johnstone

sorry he had his chance lets move on ( he was treated terrible in the two cup finals tho)

Thecat23
15-05-2015, 07:18 PM
I'll be honest, I think many players who have left ER would thrive under Stubbs. Wotherspoon may well be one!

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 07:18 PM
sorry he had his chance lets move on ( he was treated terrible in the two cup finals tho)
Do you think he deserved to be let go? I think the way we play now he would run riot

eastterrace
15-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Do you think he deserved to be let go? I think the way we play now he would run riot

naw dont agree he was in and out with us so no great shakes ( still liked his celebration on the goal against that lot in the cup)

Mikey09
15-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Would take Danny Swanson... Absolute class wee player.

Stokesy's on fire
15-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Would take Danny Swanson... Absolute class wee player.

A bit off subject but the dirty/smelly sheep released Joe Shaughnessy I would have him at Hibs.

Spoony btw he's a good player it's a case of you don't know how much you miss something until it's gone

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 07:26 PM
A bit off subject but the dirty/smelly sheep released Joe Shaughnessy I would have him at Hibs.

Spoony btw he's a good player it's a case of you don't know how much you miss something until it's gone

I agree seems to thrive on being allowed to express himself

HH81
15-05-2015, 07:53 PM
He wouldn't get in the team.

Andy74
15-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Threads like this on him appear once every two or three months which coincides with how often he performs.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Threads like this on him appear once every two or three months which coincides with how often he performs.

Or maybe with how often St Johnstone are on TV? ... The plot thickens 😁

MyJo
15-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Would take Wotherspoon back in a heartbeat, wasn't a winger but i reckon he would be good in a tighter midfield 3 with wingbacks like we have played recently

lord bunberry
15-05-2015, 08:31 PM
:agree: He was good, but inconsistent.

B.H.F.C
15-05-2015, 08:55 PM
He wouldn't get in the team.

I agree with this.

superfurryhibby
15-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Done to death but fwiw, he is a fine footballer. He was treated abysmally by Fenlon. I was delighted for him that he won a Scottish Cup with the Saints.

Maybe if he had more service at Hibs he might have been more consistent. It's pretty hard when the supply is stifled.

lord bunberry
15-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Done to death but fwiw, he is a fine footballer. He was treated abysmally by Fenlon. I was delighted for him that he won a Scottish Cup with the Saints.

Maybe if he had more service at Hibs he might have been more consistent. It's pretty hard when the supply is stifled.
Was his job not to be the supply? He didn't have the determination to dig in when it really mattered IMO. Loads of players have the talent, few can combine it with the desire to be a winner.

snooky
15-05-2015, 11:34 PM

Ouch!

However I kinda agree with you Andy, re. his performances in a Hibs jersey.

Pete
16-05-2015, 05:59 AM
I don't know what he's like now but he was a luxury player for us as far as I'm concerned. Fantastic when his tail was up but went totally missing the minute things went wrong or it required a bit of grit.

It always amuses me when people accuse a player like Liam Craig of having no heart or accuse him of going missing.

Thecat23
16-05-2015, 06:07 AM
I don't know what he's like now but he was a luxury player for us as far as I'm concerned. Fantastic when his tail was up but went totally missing the minute things went wrong or it required a bit of grit.

It always amuses me when people accuse a player like Liam Craig of having no heart or accuse him of going missing.

I like Craig but he was posted missing in many games the season we went down! Seems to have performed much better since Stubbs came in IMO.

Ronniekirk
16-05-2015, 06:11 AM
I like Craig but he was posted missing in many games the season we went down! Seems to have performed much better since Stubbs came in IMO.
Although he isn't as Authorative and commanding a figure as Broonie when he talks back to the referee his face gets redder and redder and he gets angrier and angrier

Thecat23
16-05-2015, 06:12 AM
Although he isn't as Authorative and commanding a figure as Broonie when he talks back to the referee his face gets redder and redder and he gets angrier and angrier

Have to agree that he was bad for being in the ref's face a lot. Seems to have chilled a bit though.

Pete
16-05-2015, 06:13 AM

Mis-used in my opinion. He was asked to be a holding midfielder which isn't his position...and when he did get the ball there was nobody to pass to half the time.

To be fair, maybe Spoony suffered a bit due to there being a different type of midfield problem under Pat.

Thecat23
16-05-2015, 06:29 AM
Mis-used in my opinion. He was asked to be a holding midfielder which isn't his position...and when he did get the ball there was nobody to pass to half the time.

To be fair, maybe Spoony suffered a bit due to there being a different type of midfield problem under Pat.

I don't think Fenlon gave him the freedom he gets at Saints. As for Craig he gave the ball away so many times and he looked scared. Thankfully this season he's showed he can play and can be a good player to have in the team.

AlbertK86
16-05-2015, 06:50 AM
Spoony ... Nah would t take him back

Very frustrating player who always turned back instead of going past his man , was really bad at reading his oppo numbers runs and was terrible in the tackle

Had reasonable season at right back under Hughes but no where near any of the midfielders we have now

c31
16-05-2015, 07:29 AM
he never looked fit, 1/2 through the second he could hardly run.

Liam89
16-05-2015, 09:21 AM
I live in perth so hear a lot about spoony. I'm definitely told that he had an anonymous game more than an outstanding one. He's still inconsistent but when on it he can be a very good player.

superfurryhibby
16-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Spoony ... Nah would t take him back

Very frustrating player who always turned back instead of going past his man , was really bad at reading his oppo numbers runs and was terrible in the tackle

Had reasonable season at right back under Hughes but no where near any of the midfielders we have now

Funny how opinions differ so much. In the Femlon era I thought he was our only midfielder capable of going past a man from deeper lying positions. Cairney could do it, but only from 30 yards out.

As for our current squad, it lacks width. Boyle can maybe add that dimension, but according to many on here , he lacks quality. Craig has been used on the wide left position and he doesn't exactly brim with creativity either. Struggling to see how Spoon would not add to the squad.

Anyway, it's all semantics. The guy has gone and bettered himself elsewhere. He's a good lad and has earned his success the hard way. I've always admired progress in the face of adversity.

eastmainsmsh
16-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Have to agree wouldve thrived under stubbs frustrating at times but just young lad

Wotherspiniesta
16-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Was his job not to be the supply? He didn't have the determination to dig in when it really mattered IMO. Loads of players have the talent, few can combine it with the desire to be a winner.

Yes, his job was to supply. He had more assists than anyone in our team the season before he left.

As for not having the determination to win.... After leaving Hibs he was quite an integral part of St Johnstone winning the cup from what I remember.

Still, aren't we glad we had all these other "winners" that got us pumped in two Scottish cup finals and relegated

Andy74
16-05-2015, 10:11 PM
Yes, his job was to supply. He had more assists than anyone in our team the season before he left.

As for not having the determination to win.... After leaving Hibs he was quite an integral part of St Johnstone winning the cup from what I remember.

Still, aren't we glad we had all these other "winners" that got us pumped in two Scottish cup finals and relegated

Yep and he couldn't get a regular game amongst it. Plenty average players have been right place right time to win a cup. He is one of them.

We've been plagued with these type of players for years. Good on their day. Once a month if you are lucky.

Danderhall Hibs
17-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Yep and he couldn't get a regular game amongst it. Plenty average players have been right place right time to win a cup. He is one of them.

We've been plagued with these type of players for years. Good on their day. Once a month if you are lucky.

:agree: is he still getting a game for St Johnstine? I remember we used to get updates every now and again when he done something decent.

You're completely right about his inconsistency as well. 1 good game every now and again that made you think "maybe he could do something, we should give him another chance".

neilmartinrocks
17-05-2015, 10:15 AM
:agree: is he still getting a game for St Johnstine? I remember we used to get updates every now and again when he done something decent.

You're completely right about his inconsistency as well. 1 good game every now and again that made you think "maybe he could do something, we should give him another chance".
Yes he is pretty much a regular in the team playing every week.
Still has his critics at McD complaining he isn't Pirlo but hey ho.