PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Club Statement: Play-Off Semi Final Away Ticket Allocation

RSS Bot
15-05-2015, 03:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5432)

Since90+2
15-05-2015, 03:51 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5432)

Well done Leanne.

andy1875
15-05-2015, 03:53 PM
A happy medium from Hibs and I think a good choice.

Don't give them 3,800 tickets. Nor do we give them the 400 or so some were demanding.

They don't deserve a full allocation after our pathetic 950.

Good decison imo.

Pete
15-05-2015, 03:55 PM
At last...a board that really listens.

A good compromise and I'm happy with that.

Big_Franck
15-05-2015, 03:57 PM

Don't give them 3,800 tickets. Nor do we give them the 400 or so some were demanding.

Good decison imo.

Agreed. All credit to our club here.

It's slightly more than I would have given them, but then I probably allow my hatred of the rangers to cloud my judgement a bit on that.

Hopefully our fans now respond and we fill our stands. If we can also get some Hibs fans in the south stand then brilliant.

Pete
15-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Will it be split down the middle or will the huns occupy one of the tiers?

marinello59
Now we need to do our bit and sell our areas out. :gwa::flag:

Since90+2
I am assuming 1500 is either the upper or lower (probably upper). Anyone confirm?

woodythehibee
15-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Well done Leeann and Hibernian :thumbsup::flag:

Scott Allan Key
15-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Wonderful. Hope it is QoS anyway!

Bob Box Fish
15-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Bold move, let's hope the whingers come along and support their team.

Shearer
15-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Finally out board standing up for our club and our supporters! Well done the cabbage

HH81
15-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Good to see they made a decision to cut their sales.

Hope the ground can now be sold out with mostly Hibs fans.

Mike_C
15-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Don't often post but well done Hibs! Correct decision IMO.

Elephant Stone
15-05-2015, 04:08 PM
Yes! Now let's get those ticket shifted. Enormous game.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Still too many for me, but at least we've made a stance and it gives us a chance to fill the place now. :top marks

EH6 Hibby
15-05-2015, 04:14 PM
I am assuming 1500 is either the upper or lower (probably upper). Anyone confirm?

Definitely split down the middle.

The concourse inside can be split too.

Seven Zero
15-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Delighted we have a CEO who listens to fans and also won't let anyone tell her how to run her club and what she should do in regards to SFA or whoever. Years gone by that stand would have been full of rangers fans without even a thought of thinking of our sporting needs and the importance of minimising their support. A lot of credit needs to go to Leanne for what she is trying to do at Hibs. Over to us now to fill the place and get behind the team. Get shifting those tickets !!

Hibernia&Alba
15-05-2015, 04:17 PM
It's still too many to give to Hunco. Fair enough for QOTS, but Rangers should have been given 400, or at the very most the 950 they gave us. Take them or leave them.

ManBearPig
15-05-2015, 04:18 PM
I think I am a little in love. she should be running the whole league! What a difference to the running of this club.

Onceinawhile
15-05-2015, 04:19 PM

Split vertically. Fans can't be trusted above other fans.

kaimendhibs
15-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Well done Leeann and Hibs.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Split vertically. Fans can't be trusted above other fans.

This

Andy74
15-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Delighted we have a CEO who listens to fans and also won't let anyone tell her how to run her club and what she should do in regards to SFA or whoever. Years gone by that stand would have been full of rangers fans without even a thought of thinking of our sporting needs and the importance of minimising their support. A lot of credit needs to go to Leanne for what she is trying to do at Hibs. Over to us now to fill the place and get behind the team. Get shifting those tickets !!

Yeah, I think this decision is also one that is handing over to fans a bit to say well you asked for it so back it up.

Brooster
15-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Split vertically. Its against league rules to have opposing fans sitting above/below each other. Well done Leanne, its up to Hibs fans to buy tickets now.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I think this decision is also one that is handing over to fans a bit to say well you asked for it so back it up.

Exactly, well done Hibs, but the Hibs support now need to do their bit

Pete
15-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Purchased

Let's do this :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
Definitely split down the middle.

The concourse inside can be split too.

Someone said in another thread that someone at Rangers end, said they were getting the upper only?

silverhibee

And as you no in the past few seasons against Dunfermline Hamilton, have i missed out any other battles we have been in at the bottom of the league, we have came out and backed our team in large numbers, this game will be no different as you fine well know Andy.

Now, c'mon, a wee well done Hibs would be nice Andy. :thumbsup:

If we could dump Petrie a few days before the game then it will defo sell out. :wink: :greengrin

Billy Whizz
15-05-2015, 04:34 PM
And as you no in the past few seasons against Dunfermline Hamilton, have i missed out any other battles we have been in at the bottom of the league, we have came out and backed our team in large numbers, this game will be no different as you fine well know Andy.

I'm sure they will back it silver. Will be interesting to see the reaction on SEVCO.net if they were to overcome Queens

Pete
15-05-2015, 04:38 PM
I'm sure they will back it silver. Will be interesting to see the reaction on SEVCO.net if they were to overcome Queens

Sevco media or whatever it's called were already raging last night.

We're a bunch of taigs, fenians and bead-rattlers who should be giving them the full end because they are a big team.

lyonhibs
15-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Exactly, well done Hibs, but the Hibs support now need to do their bit

This. In the circumstances, a happy medium.

Now it's up to Hibs fans to fill out 3.5 stands.

The board has - not for the 1st time with LD at the helm - done their part.

Over to us now.

Hibernia&Alba
15-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Sevco media or whatever it's called were already raging last night.

We're a bunch of taigs, fenians and bead-rattlers who should be giving them the full end because they are a big team.

No surprise there, and yet those bigots think 950 is enough for us in a fifty thousand stadium. They're lucky to get 1500, and if I had my way, Scotland's shame would really have something to moan about.
They aren't a big team, they're a recently liquidated bunch of thieves.

Carheenlea
15-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Surprised, but delighted that Hibs are making this move. Hopefully our fans will back up Leean to ensure those tickets will shift briskly now.
Rather than wait till the three stands are sold before selling South, I'd take a leaf out of Rangers book and sell those seats in the South closest to segregation first. Preferably not to our more mild mannered fans, but to those with violent criminal convictions, short tempers and a fondness of alcohol/drugs.

Andy74
15-05-2015, 05:13 PM

If we could dump Petrie a few days before the game then it will defo sell out. :wink: :greengrin

Indeed. Well done. As I tried to point out many times I don't really care what the decision is but that we needed to understand the board had a fair it to take into account on this one.

Canongatehibs
15-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Well done Leanne.

Leeanne is doing an outstanding job at Hibs. Top marks woman!

dmc1875
15-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Good job Leanne. Let's do our part now.

madhatter
15-05-2015, 05:21 PM
No words needed. :top marks

Keith_M
15-05-2015, 05:23 PM

Good decison imo.

:agree:

Any reduction is a risk financially, although not as big as some are making out, but they've given the Home fans the opportunity to show support for the Club.

Canongatehibs
15-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Surprised, but delighted that Hibs are making this move. Hopefully our fans will back up Leean to ensure those tickets will shift briskly now.
Rather than wait till the three stands are sold before selling South, I'd take a leaf out of Rangers book and sell those seats in the South closest to segregation first. Preferably not to our more mild mannered fans, but to those with violent criminal convictions, short tempers and a fondness of alcohol/drugs.

Surely you don't mean throwing pies and bottles of urine on top of the blue noses?

;-)

kaimendhibs
15-05-2015, 05:30 PM

Would be just like a huge mirror image😂

Big_Franck
15-05-2015, 05:30 PM

:top marks:rotflmao:

Hibby70
15-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Right stage 1 complete. Now Leeann get them kept behind for 30 minutes whilst us decent folk can make our way home in peace.

silverhibee
15-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Indeed. Well done. As I tried to point out many times I don't really care what the decision is but that we needed to understand the board had a fair it to take into account on this one.

:aok:

Pretty sure the board have done the right thing and the fans will turn out in big numbers if it is to be the Rangers.

Good banter.

matty_f
15-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Good compromise. Hopefully the Hibs fans fill the place up now.

NAE NOOKIE
15-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Well done Leeann .http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif No matter who we end up playing lets get buying these tickets ... this is a huge game.

Hibernia&Alba
15-05-2015, 05:37 PM
Good compromise. Hopefully the Hibs fans fill the place up now.

Too generous a compromise for me, Matty, but it's done, and what matters now is qualifying to play the SPL club.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2015, 05:39 PM
It's a bit more than I would have given them but fair play to Hibs here. It's a very positive decision and one that will get a lot of support from the fans.

It's time for us as a support to vindicate the club's decision and make sure that we sell out every single seat that's available to Hibs supporters.

Mr White
15-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Right stage 1 complete. Now Leeann get them kept behind for 30 minutes whilst us decent folk can make our way home in peace.

:agree: having first given them a full house rendition of sunshine on leith :greengrin

iwasthere1972
15-05-2015, 05:49 PM
I think some folk are forgetting that The Rangers have got to get past QoTS.

Famous Fiver
15-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Up to us now to fill the ground.

If we don't Board (Leeann) are perfectly entitled to sell more to Sevco.

Hibernia&Alba
15-05-2015, 05:56 PM

Aye, and it would be marvellous if they didn't.

Waxy
15-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Top notch stuff. Well done Hibs.

Diclonius

:agree:

I really, really hope QOS win now - more that I'll have a better chance of seeing the first leg than anything else.

silverhibee

Silly question time.

Do away goals count in the play off's. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
15-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Silly question time.

Do away goals count in the play off's. :greengrin

I think you know the answer. The Rangers played their Joker Card and their two goals now count as four.

aljo7-0
15-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Great decision - no matter who gets through. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

PatHead
15-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Well done to leeann and the rest of the board including amit and frank. Lets get the place rocking.

Cabbage East
15-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Well done Hibs.

Derek Dougan
15-05-2015, 06:41 PM

Don't think there would be enough seats :cb

trev the hat
15-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Very sensible figures from Hibs, albeit more than I'd have liked but ensures there can be more of us than them in the South if sold out completely. Well done Hibs & LD. Correct well balanced decision. After hearing LD last night at a branch meeting I will now be joining HSL very shortly.
The times they are a changin !!

Nando™
15-05-2015, 06:53 PM
I think you know the answer. The Rangers played their Joker Card and their two goals now count as four.

I believe they do not.

http://spfl.co.uk/playoffs/play-off-format/

"In the event of a draw…
If play-off ties are level on aggregate at the end of the two legs, then extra time of 30 minutes and, if necessary, penalty kicks will determine the outcome. Away goals do not count double in the event of a draw."

Unless, of course, I'm being whooshed.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2015, 07:02 PM
I believe they do not.

"In the event of a draw…
If play-off ties are level on aggregate at the end of the two legs, then extra time of 30 minutes and, if necessary, penalty kicks will determine the outcome. Away goals do not count double in the event of a draw."

:greengrin

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 07:03 PM
I believe they do not.

"In the event of a draw…

;)

InchHibby
15-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Absolute great decision by Leanne and the other board members, I personally would have given them the same percentage as they are offering us, if they make it to the semis that is, hopefully not.:thumbsup:

Andy74
15-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Queen of the South aren't half getting shafted here though.

They are giving us about a third of their stadium. Should we be a bit more equitable and give up our seats for them?

😄

Pete
15-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Queen of the South aren't half getting shafted here though.

They are giving us about a third of their stadium. Should we be a bit more equitable and give up our seats for them?

😄

I would give them the whole end but perhaps there has been consultation and QOS were happy with 1500.

Andy74
15-05-2015, 08:12 PM
I would give them the whole end but perhaps there has been consultation and QOS were happy with 1500.

A bit stingy is it not? Should it not be a proportional match to what we've been given? 😉

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2015, 08:22 PM
A bit stingy is it not? Should it not be a proportional match to what we've been given? 

I'm happy for the club to do anything that may annoy you Andy.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2015, 08:40 PM

If I was Leeann Dempster, if Queen of the South get through on Sunday, I would be amending tonight's statement and stating that due to Queen of the South's generous offer of 2900 tickets for Hibs fans at Palmerston and the fact that we've hardly sold any tickets to Hibs fans for the home leg, we're going to give Queen of the South 5000 tickets for the game at Easter Road. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
15-05-2015, 08:53 PM
If I was Leeann Dempster, if Queen of the South get through on Sunday, I would be amending tonight's statement and stating that due to Queen of the South's generous offer of 2900 tickets for Hibs fans at Palmerston and the fact that we've hardly sold any tickets to Hibs fans for the home leg, we're going to give Queen of the South 5000 tickets for the game at Easter Road. :greengrin

I think we will. Remember they sold out bottom tier of an evening league cup match at ER few years ago

Sir David Gray
15-05-2015, 08:55 PM
I think we will. Remember they sold out bottom tier of an evening league cup match at ER few years ago

Aye but would they sell out the entire south stand plus a couple of blocks in the west stand? :wink:

Callum_62
15-05-2015, 10:25 PM

:greengrin :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Well done Hibs and in particular, Leeann. I personally would have loved us to make a statement saying that we would offer QOTS 1500 but Rangers 950(400 would have been even better!). That would really have wound them up. This seems a sensible compromise though. I look forward to their next boycott whenever we play them next. Their two boycotts this season haven't really worked out for them

Nando™
15-05-2015, 10:49 PM
:greengrin

;)

:hide: :taxi

hibeesathampden
16-05-2015, 06:26 AM
I think realistically we're unlikely to sell all the stands and still have demand for tickets in the south (hope I'm wrong). With this in mind I hope we sell their tickets in the upper tier so that if half the stand is empty it will be the lower tier. Similar to Newcastle putting the away fans as far away as possible or- more relatively- Motherwell.

Keith_M
16-05-2015, 08:17 AM

ditto

dchibs
16-05-2015, 09:54 AM
No need they will have ieft with half an hour still to play.

Malthibby
16-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Leanne & the board deliver again.
It's becoming quite unsettling.
GG

R'Albin
16-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Can't link it on phone but this is worth it for the Rangers Media reaction alone. That lot don't really understand irony do they?

Excellent decision Leeann.

Joe6-2
16-05-2015, 04:01 PM
A bit stingy is it not? Should it not be a proportional match to what we've been given? 😉

Eh, naw!

Keith_M
16-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Eh, naw!

I think he was trying to be humorous.

emerald green
16-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Well done Hibs. It's time now for every Hibs supporter who can attend this match to stand up and be counted now, attend this match, and completely drown out the Orcs.