PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs

SonOfDavidFrancey
14-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Can anyone enlighten me as to why the Scottish playoffs take this long drawn out form?

Surely common sense would have said:

Semis: 'Well v QOS, Hibs v The Rangers
Then a final, either two legged or at Hampden.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Can anyone enlighten me as to why the Scottish playoffs take this long drawn out form?

Because it's organised by the SPFL.

mca
14-05-2015, 09:05 PM
We Should only have One Play-Off.. That should be Second last in the Prem v Second in the Champs..

Keep it simple... :wink:

essexhibee
14-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Off topic but in the play off game down here in Essex Gary Deegan has just come on for Southend sporting the biggest beard ive seen.

Looks like he's been stuck on a desert island!

Eyrie
14-05-2015, 09:43 PM

It's to give the top flight club the best chance of staying up by making the "champion"ship sides play extra games.

Your suggestion is far too sensible and is exactly how the other two division play offs work.

hfc-1875
14-05-2015, 09:57 PM
Off topic but in the play off game down here in Essex Gary Deegan has just come on for Southend sporting the biggest beard ive seen.

Looks like he's been stuck on a desert island!

I watched the game and the commentators were saying the Southend fans love him down there!! Can't really remember him doing much as us though.

IberianHibernian
14-05-2015, 10:04 PM
I watched the game and the commentators were saying the Southend fans love him down there!! Can't really remember him doing much as us though.His goal in cup against Aberdeen was probably goal of the season ( pity he didn`t try it more often ) and he was outstanding in games like first Derby and win against Celtic that season where we needed hard midfield players after years of fans demanding competitive fighters in midfield . Seemed to suffer after his incident in town but think he was an example of a good signing at a time when our budget was very limited . We could certainly have done with someone like him last season .

Off the bar
14-05-2015, 10:04 PM
I watched the game and the commentators were saying the Southend fans love him down there!! Can't really remember him doing much as us though.

Scored from distance against Aberdeen in the cup iirc hee haw else I can mind tho

danhibees1875
14-05-2015, 10:30 PM
The premiership is still ongoing just now. The timings don't match up.

Tinribs
15-05-2015, 12:21 AM
They want it to be like a mini league, the situation in England makes their version very nice for Sky etc. A wee bit different up here, but still the TV people want it.

CallumLaidlaw
15-05-2015, 06:13 AM

Deegan looked like he was gonna be a cracking player for us. Never looked the same after the broken jaw.

KeithTheHibby
15-05-2015, 06:25 AM
They want it to be like a mini league, the situation in England makes their version very nice for Sky etc. A wee bit different up here, but still the TV people want it.

They don't want to pay for it though. Apparently the play off deal with BT is only worth £550k over 3 years. That equates to 18 games which is roughly £30k a game. Doncaster was quizzed on these figures on Wednesday night and as much as he didn't confirm they were correct he didn't deny either.
Paltry amount of money for what is essentially showpiece games at the end of the season.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2015, 06:47 AM
Garry Deegan started off like pele, but for whatever reason that fizzled out. He consistently gave the ball away and put the team under pressure from this.

One person will be on soon telling me this is bollox, im waiting A...

Blaster
15-05-2015, 09:45 AM
They don't want to pay for it though. Apparently the play off deal with BT is only worth £550k over 3 years. That equates to 18 games which is roughly £30k a game. Doncaster was quizzed on these figures on Wednesday night and as much as he didn't confirm they were correct he didn't deny either.
Paltry amount of money for what is essentially showpiece games at the end of the season.

It doesn't seem good value when bigger clubs are involved. But if hibs and rangers weren't involved the viewing interest would be pretty low.

mjhibby
15-05-2015, 09:50 AM
It doesn't seem good value when bigger clubs are involved. But if hibs and rangers weren't involved the viewing interest would be pretty low.

It does seem ridiculous we are sat without a game for 18 days.Cant work out if helps us or not. We will soon find out.

Pete
15-05-2015, 02:49 PM
It does seem ridiculous we are sat without a game for 18 days.Cant work out if helps us or not. We will soon find out.

As long as Craig and Fyvie haven't got sunburn..