PDA

View Full Version : Rangers allocation at ER

Pages : [1] 2

.Sean.
14-05-2015, 10:21 AM
I'm no mathematician but my calculations, giving them the full South at 15 quid a heid only equates to 51 grand. We only see 25% of this so the club are only making £12750. Plus we've stewarding and policing costs to factor in to look after 3800 Huns.

Give them 400 tickets at 15 quid a head and after deductions the club will be pocketing £1500, plus there's presumably a far less financial outlay for stewards and polis.

Do the Hibs board risk seriously pissing off a large chunk of their support for the sake of a measly 12 grand, at the same time as giving Rangers the huge boost of a packed and boisterous away end?

No brainer. Give Rangers the bare minimum and tell the ****ers to bolt when they start their whinging. Hibs need to stand up for themselves on this one after our paltry Ibrox allowance.

matty_f
14-05-2015, 10:33 AM
What if that money was the difference in us securing a player or not? It's not an insignificant amount of money.

If it was the difference in, say, Fyvie staying or leaving then I'd rather take the money and build the team.

.Sean.
14-05-2015, 10:35 AM
We'll no need to worry about signing the likes of Fyvie if we're still in this league next season and giving Rangers the full end harms out chances of promotion as it gives them a huge boost.

It's 12 grand ffs. A decent amount of cash personally but for a club like Hibs I don't class it as a substantial sum.

I'm_cabbaged
14-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Would the stewarding not cost more with a split stand?

Andy74
14-05-2015, 10:41 AM
How about if it impacted the allocation Rangers would accept in future years? The board have more to think about than our feelings on this one game.

Also, will we take up the slack seats wise? Will we get a decent atmosphere with less of them and still not a full ground of us? Would a flat atmoshpere affect us more than the usual attendance of Rangers fans?

Has our crowd there or their one here ever influenced a result or performace? I think that aspect is being well overplayed.

For those that actually have to make a decision it is far from a no brainer.

Nando™
14-05-2015, 10:42 AM
12 grand is a pittance for a club this big.

Lucius Apuleius
14-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Not necessarily a bad thing but reckon they would boycott us in future years. 😊

Andy74
14-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Not necessarily a bad thing but reckon they would boycott us in future years. 

If we are in the same league as them in future you would expect almost £250,000 each season for two home games against them.

That's two players on £2k a week.

scoopyboy
14-05-2015, 10:48 AM
I'm no mathematician but my calculations, giving them the full South at 15 quid a heid only equates to 51 grand. We only see 25% of this so the club are only making £12750. Plus we've stewarding and policing costs to factor in to look after 3800 Huns.

Give them 400 tickets at 15 quid a head and after deductions the club will be pocketing £1500, plus there's presumably a far less financial outlay for stewards and polis.

Do the Hibs board risk seriously pissing off a large chunk of their support for the sake of a measly 12 grand, at the same time as giving Rangers the huge boost of a packed and boisterous away end?

No brainer. Give Rangers the bare minimum and tell the ****ers to bolt when they start their whinging. Hibs need to stand up for themselves on this one after our paltry Ibrox allowance.

Two points Sean.

We aren't selling tickets at any great rate to fill our own three stands so we won't need seats in the South.

Rangers had a full end at the 4-0 game, did it do them any good?

PS - Maths aint bad buddy.

scoopyboy
14-05-2015, 10:50 AM

It's the equivalent of 50 fans paying £20 a month into the share scheme for a year.

Is those fans efforts therefore a pittance?

Steve20
14-05-2015, 10:52 AM
What if that money was the difference in us securing a player or not? It's not an insignificant amount of money.

If it was the difference in, say, Fyvie staying or leaving then I'd rather take the money and build the team.

It's bad enough that we're in the playoffs, it certainly shouldn't be used to make money. I still maintain that a bigger Rangers crowd will give them a bigger boost.

If we don't go up, the likes of Fyvie will be away anyway.

Vini1875
14-05-2015, 10:53 AM
Who cares what they do? Less Hibs go to games v the huns because of the atmosphere. Less means less posionous atmosphere which means more Hibs supporters are likely to go. I am all for giving them less and giving our own fans a boost. There is no way they will sell out at ibrox, but have delibrately restricted our numbers.

If they boycott us then brilliant its a win win. Although they claimed they would boycott us before and unfortunately didn't carry out their threat.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2015, 10:54 AM
There is no way they will boycott in future. They have nothing else to do. Their hard core away fans live and breath Sevco.

Hibs Class
I'm still hoping Queens turn them over at the weekend and this whole debate becomes meaningless.

scoopyboy
It's bad enough that we're in the playoffs, it certainly shouldn't be used to make money. I still maintain that a bigger Rangers crowd will give them a bigger boost.

You could be right, it could also work against them if we are beating them. They have been known to give their own pelters, ask Lee McCulloch. :greengrin

IMO Hibs fans are at their best when pitted against a full away end.

scoopyboy
14-05-2015, 10:57 AM

If we don't go up, the likes of Fyvie will be away anyway.

Not necessarily so.

flash
14-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Am probably well against the tide here but I like games where there is a big away support as the atmosphere is much better.
Not sure it affects the players as much as some seem to think either.

Nando™
14-05-2015, 11:04 AM
It's the equivalent of 50 fans paying £20 a month into the share scheme for a year.

Is those fans efforts therefore a pittance?

Efforts? No.
Monetary value? In the long run, yes.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2015, 11:06 AM

Are we playing Rangers?

Nando™
14-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Are we playing Rangers?

:fishin:

Hibstrooper
14-05-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm concerned that this whole Rangers ticket scenario is becoming a big distraction for us and playing right in to their hands.

If Rangers can fill their stadium whilst only giving the away fans 900 tickets then they have every right to do so. If we were confident of getting 18.5k home fans to ER then we'd all be crying out for Hibs to give the other team a reduced allocation regardless of how many tickets they gave us.

If the board make the call that Rangers get the whole stand then so be it, lets not dwell on it - rather focus on filling the other stands and giving it to them as tight as possible.

Bad Martini
14-05-2015, 11:20 AM
If we end up with rangers, consider;

* They are the most vile, disgusting, biggoted and reprehensible club in the world
* WTAF! Why would we give them a single seat more than they are giving us proportionaitely?
>>> If its for money, this shouldn't be about money. By virtue of our being in play-off's, there is already "extra" money
>>> If its for any other reason, that's not good enough either.
>>> This is RANGERS. Why give them a ****ing thing? So they can return the favour? Yep. They done that alright.

I would not give them the steam of my piss. Not one extra ticket proportionaitely should they get. Not one. That's called making a ****ing stand and doing the right thing.

Football may be a business but sometimes you need to have the baws to stand up for your principles. And lets be honest, over £12,000? Is that the price of having balls and principles now?

Give them **** all Hibs. Nitto. Better still, throw a great big **** off wall up around Ingilston and keep them oot Edinburgh completely.

ENDOF

marinello59
14-05-2015, 11:22 AM

It really isn't.

IFONLY
14-05-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm concerned that this whole Rangers ticket scenario is becoming a big distraction for us and playing right in to their hands.

If Rangers can fill their stadium whilst only giving the away fans 900 tickets then they have every right to do so. If we were confident of getting 18.5k home fans to ER then we'd all be crying out for Hibs to give the other team a reduced allocation regardless of how many tickets they gave us.

If the board make the call that Rangers get the whole stand then so be it, lets not dwell on it - rather focus on filling the other stands and giving it to them as tight as possible.

Who is it distracting? and how?

Mathias Jack
14-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Would the stewarding not cost more with a split stand?

It wouldn't need to be split. Going by a recent check on the ticket sales when I logged into my account, we'll barely fill the 3 stands we already occupy anyways.

Regardless of finance, should it be Rangers that we play, i'd give them the same as they're giving us. The smaller amount of orcs and zombies in ER that day the better.

Andy74
14-05-2015, 11:25 AM

* They are the most vile, disgusting, biggoted and reprehensible club in the world
* WTAF! Why would we give them a single seat more than they are giving us proportionaitely?
>>> If its for money, this shouldn't be about money. By virtue of our being in play-off's, there is already "extra" money
>>> This is RANGERS. Why give them a ****ing thing? So they can return the favour? Yep. They done that alright.

I would not give them the steam of my piss. Not one extra ticket proportionaitely should they get. Not one. That's called making a ****ing stand and doing the right thing.

Football may be a business but sometimes you need to have the baws to stand up for your principles. And lets be honest, over £12,000? Is that the price of having balls and principles now?

Give them **** all Hibs. Nitto. Better still, throw a great big **** off wall up around Ingilston and keep them oot Edinburgh completely.

ENDOF

Okay, but if they were to counter with taking up only that allocation for future games, we would be quite happy to not sign a couple of players, say McGeough and Fyvie, to back up our principles over this game?

The_Exile
14-05-2015, 11:27 AM
I'm torn on this one, on one hand I see the allocation they've given us and want us to do the same, but on the other hand I don't want us to cut our noses off to spite our face in addition to sinking to their petty level. Ultimately I want to make it as difficult for them as possible though :agree:

bigwheel
14-05-2015, 11:29 AM
I'm torn on this one, on one hand I see the allocation they've given us and want us to do the same, but on the other hand I don't want us to cut our noses off to spite our face in addition to sinking to their petty level. Ultimately I want to make it as difficult for them as possible though :agree:

I have to say to me they are by far the most horrible away fans...I'd give them same as they give us - no more.....

GreenCastle
14-05-2015, 11:35 AM
If it happens to be Sevco..

The Hibs board better show some steel here and limit there allocation.

Part of the top tier of away end is enough.

Having a full stand of them will be a massive boost for them and I do think we will get close to a sell out but not by the end of today.

The chance of a retun to the Premier League is worth more than £12,000.

I also think think whatever happens after the result at ER there will be some angry fans in the area - having less away fans will limit trouble in the surrounding areas and surely the police will be happy with that.

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 11:39 AM
How about if it impacted the allocation Rangers would accept in future years? The board have more to think about than our feelings on this one game.

Also, will we take up the slack seats wise? Will we get a decent atmosphere with less of them and still not a full ground of us? Would a flat atmoshpere affect us more than the usual attendance of Rangers fans?

Has our crowd there or their one here ever influenced a result or performace? I think that aspect is being well overplayed.

For those that actually have to make a decision it is far from a no brainer.

We might not play them for years Andy, this is a play off game, they might not go up, we might not go up and they do, then we may not play each other in a league game for years to come, yes we could get them in a cup game but pretty sure we/they would get a decent amount through the doors.

Take it you mean the folk who run the club, surely it must be the same situation for Rangers to get as many fans in there as possible, they are in a worse position than us, as you say it's a no brainer, and yet Rangers could have sold us more tickets for the last time we played at Ibrox as they certainly didn't sell out there end, plenty spaces that night, but Rangers were willing to take the hit and have a small paltry Hibs support at the game when there was plenty more folk looking for tickets, lets hope Hibs take the hit on our home game if we play them.

Forget about future games against them, it's this game that matters and they are taking the piss with our allocation of tickets for the game at Ibrox if we meet them.

It's all about keeping the customers happy and no offence but you seem to be the only one on here with the problem about Hibs only letting 4 hundred in to our game if we play them in the play off, I don't think Leeann Dempster will agree with you and i hope she tells the new club that if this is how they are going to behave then two can play at that game.

They are taking the piss, always have done, now it's time to stand up against them, just like what Leeann and Budge done with the SFA a few weeks ago.

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Not necessarily a bad thing but reckon they would boycott us in future years. 

As i said, we might not play them again for years.

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 11:42 AM
If we are in the same league as them in future you would expect almost £250,000 each season for two home games against them.

That's two players on £2k a week.

Only one team can go up this season, so don't worry about future games against them.

Andy74
14-05-2015, 11:45 AM
We might not play them for years Andy, this is a play off game, they might not go up, we might not go up and they do, then we may not play each other in a league game for years to come, yes we could get them in a cup game but pretty sure we/they would get a decent amount through the doors.

Take it you mean the folk who run the club, surely it must be the same situation for Rangers to get as many fans in there as possible, they are in a worse position than us, as you say it's a no brainer, and yet Rangers could have sold us more tickets for the last time we played at Ibrox as they certainly didn't sell out there end, plenty spaces that night, but Rangers were willing to take the hit and have a small paltry Hibs support at the game when there was plenty more folk looking for tickets, lets hope Hibs take the hit on our home game if we play them.

Forget about future games against them, it's this game that matters and they are taking the piss with our allocation of tickets for the game at Ibrox if we meet them.

It's all about keeping the customers happy and no offence but you seem to be the only one on here with the problem about Hibs only letting 4 hundred in to our game if we play them in the play off, I don't think Leeann Dempster will agree with you and i hope she tells the new club that if this is how they are going to behave then two can play at that game.

They are taking the piss, always have done, now it's time to stand up against them, just like what Leeann and Budge done with the SFA a few weeks ago.

If Hibs take the other view that's fine with me too, I'm just suggesting there is a wee bit more balance to be taken in the decision though.

This seems to being lined up as the next thing to attack the club on if they decide to go a different way than those that would say **** them.

I hope most would see that there are a lot of factors here and the view that giving them a small allocation is better for us is not necessarily the right one, for a number of reasons. Even on a simplistic less fans, less chance point, its been proven a few times this season it makes no odds. I reckon the atmoshpere would be seriously diminshed overall with less of them. That's just one view, but many are taking the stance here that Hibs would just be plain wrong to keep it as is. Not quite true.

JimBHibees
14-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Only one team can go up this season, so don't worry about future games against them.

Unless neither go up of course. :greengrin

hibsforeurope
14-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Okay, but if they were to counter with taking up only that allocation for future games, we would be quite happy to not sign a couple of players, say McGeough and Fyvie, to back up our principles over this game?

There is no danger they will only take a fraction of their allocation at future games. Hibs were one of the team they wanted to boycott after liquidation, the two visits since have both been away sell outs.

They should be given 400 tickets in the south upper for the play off, if they make it through.

Andy74
14-05-2015, 11:48 AM

Could be neither of us so we could easily play them again next year. If that happened chucking away the only big income game left would be crazy. There are also other years after the next one..

Its just something to consider in all this.

renato
14-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Well said Silver. This is not a league game, it's an equivalent of a 2 legged cup game, where we would normally get a much bigger allocation. They're limiting any advantage we'd get with a big and boisterous following. Should they get past Queens, we simply have to do the same. The (hopefully) next 4 games will shape our development as a club for the foreseeable and we need every advantage we can get, just like they are proposing to do.

The ticket sales up to today are simply irrelevant on this matter, for me.

Andy74
14-05-2015, 11:51 AM
There is no danger they will only take a fraction of their allocation at future games. Hibs were one of the team they wanted to boycott after liquidation, the two visits since have both been away sell outs.

They should be given 400 tickets in the south upper for the play off, if they make it through.

I'm not sure there is no danger. We are asking Hibs to do that very thing out of principle.

A fans boyoctt is different from the club refusing a full allocation which would be open to them if they wanted to react to us cutting theirs for this game.

KeithTheHibby
14-05-2015, 11:55 AM

How are they taking the piss exactly? They always give us 900 tickets, which, by the way, we normally fail to shift.

As much as I cannot stand the huns it's hard to argue with their allocated ticket provision for us.

renato
14-05-2015, 11:58 AM
How many do we normally get for a cup game at Ibrox? That's the comparable here, not a league game.

JimBHibees
14-05-2015, 12:03 PM
How many do we normally get for a cup game at Ibrox? That's the comparable here, not a league game.

41. Tickets for Sale
For any match to which admission is wholly or partly by ticket or by cash admission at
the turnstiles, the visiting club shall have the right to claim admissions up to 20% of the
spectator capacity of the ground,

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/SFAHandbook/12%20CupCompRules.pdf

KeithTheHibby
14-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Well said Silver. This is not a league game, it's an equivalent of a 2 legged cup game, where we would normally get a much bigger allocation. They're limiting any advantage we'd get with a big and boisterous following. Should they get past Queens, we simply have to do the same. The (hopefully) next 4 games will shape our development as a club for the foreseeable and we need every advantage we can get, just like they are proposing to do.

It is a league play-off match, not a cup game. I don't see any trophy being awarded?

Andy74
14-05-2015, 12:08 PM

Not really as the cup has different rules.

Its funny though, last week we all wanted this to be classed as a normal league games so season ticket holders could get in free :wink:

KeithTheHibby
14-05-2015, 12:08 PM

It is only comparable because you are saying it to suit your own argument.

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Two points Sean.

We aren't selling tickets at any great rate to fill our own three stands so we won't need seats in the South.

Rangers had a full end at the 4-0 game, did it do them any good?

PS - Maths aint bad buddy.

Once we find out who we are playing Scoops then we will see a pick up in sales if it is the Rangers that qualify.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2015, 12:34 PM

The SPFL's rules would say otherwise. In terms of ticketing arrangements, the play offs follow the same procedures as league games in that there's no minimum number of tickets that the away side needs to be given.

The Scottish Cup has its own rules.

Onion
14-05-2015, 12:35 PM
How are they taking the piss exactly? They always give us 900 tickets, which, by the way, we normally fail to shift.

As much as I cannot stand the huns it's hard to argue with their allocated ticket provision for us.

Don't think they'll change it, but the POs should have been treated like a series of cup ties rather than league matches. the fact ths we don't normally take many through to Hunbrox should have no bearing on our allocation for these games, it's how many could we take this time. 25% would be a reasonable start point and work back from that. Sevco have rarely filled their ground in the last 3 years, so they can't claim this is why they need all but 900 now.

A full stand of Hibs fans at Hunbrox would make a big difference to our teams chances. Two times I've seen this, we've done ok !

IMO this ticket allocation will have a bigger impact on these games than normal.

erin go bragh
14-05-2015, 12:48 PM

The last time we played them at castle greyskull . We sold our initial 950 . Hibs then asked for more and they took almost 7 days to tell us we werent getting any more . piss take 100% .

GGTTH

Geo_1875
14-05-2015, 12:48 PM
The SPFL's rules would say otherwise. In terms of ticketing arrangements, the play offs follow the same procedures as league games in that there's no minimum number of tickets that the away side needs to be given.

The Scottish Cup has its own rules.

Leagues don't have knock-out rounds.

Do we get 3 points for beating The Rangers or QoS next week?

It's definitely not a league game and should be treated differently.

Geo_1875
14-05-2015, 12:50 PM
The last time we played them at castle greyskull . We sold our initial 950 . Hibs then asked for more and they took almost 7 days to tell us we werent getting any more . piss take 100% .

GGTTH

And that was only the 3rd time we'd played The Rangers at Greyskull and they had a half empty home section. No precedent for taking the piss.

scoopyboy
14-05-2015, 12:55 PM
Once we find out who we are playing Scoops then we will see a pick up in sales if it is the Rangers that qualify.

I agree with that comment Silv.

Thing is for me though that plenty Hibs fans are intending going but haven't bothered buying their tickets yet, in fact I was informed that as of yesterday morning less than 5000 had been sold. If all supporters had bought earlier it might have made the board think twice about the South Stand.

I have no knowledge as such but I believe the South Stand will be allocated in its entirety to Rangers.

If we can't sell our tickets I have no real gripe with that decision but I would hate to think that we give them the whole stand and then a late rush means we can't supply all Hibs fans with tickets.

scoopyboy
14-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Leagues don't have knock-out rounds.

Do we get 3 points for beating The Rangers or QoS next week?

It's definitely not a league game and should be treated differently.

Not a cup game either though.

Guess it's a competition in its own right.

DH1875
14-05-2015, 01:16 PM

Pretty sure we've sold out all 3 games at Ibrox this season.

DH1875
14-05-2015, 01:19 PM

There's no danger they've sold out both games. Plenty of empty seats in the away end when they've visited ER this season.

Juice-Terry
14-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Just looked at the online booking, and it appears a LARGE number of season ticket holders have not even bothered buying their own seats for next Saturday. This is all very disappointing, and I don't really understand what's keeping people from wanting to attend this game? I don't really understand this "People will wait until they know who we're playing" argument either. Granted, there's plenty of time left to get tickets, but still.... :confused:

CentreLine
14-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Given that Doncaster is spouting off about the need for league reconstruction the play-offs and this whole argument are probably academic. 😳

adhibs
14-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Just looked at the online booking, and it appears a LARGE number of season ticket holders have not even bothered buying their own seats for next Saturday. This is all very disappointing, and I don't really understand what's keeping people from wanting to attend this game? I don't really understand this "People will wait until they know who we're playing" argument either. Granted, there's plenty of time left to get tickets, but still.... :confused:

Just had a look and its disappointing. I've no doubt the sales will improve dramatically, people are just used to not having to rush for home tickets anymore

Would still be raging if we gave the huns the full away stand to play infrot off despite the slow start to our sales

Smartie
14-05-2015, 01:46 PM

I am a "last minute" person by nature.

I know I want to go to this game but can't really get too excited about it when it is so far in the future and we don't even know who we're playing. It's not that it matters who we are playing, it is just quite hard to visualise it and get excited about it at this point.

It's the same as season tickets for me - I've had one for 17 years now, I've never bought an early bird ticket. I can't get excited about a season ahead when there's one still playing. I know I miss out financially, c'est la vie. Maybe I'm a crap fan, I'm not really bothered but I stump up before the start of the season every year when the old excitement kicks in again.

We will sell a lot of tickets to this game, we will come close to selling out if not actually sell out, regardless who we are playing. I would hazard a guess it is for many, like me, just a bit intangible right now.

Lots of people are getting their knickers in a twist just because we've got ourselves involved in a stupid willy-waving competition with the huns over tickets.

As regards Ibrox, I'd love to go, I'd like to think I've been uberfan enough to get a ticket this season and all other seasons but sadly that's not to be. Hey-ho, it's on the box, there are worse things in life than missing a football match.

'mon the QoS.

California-Hibs
14-05-2015, 01:47 PM

I'm not sure if it's a common factor among the support at large, but one of my friends is very angry that Hibs 'didn't charge a 5er like The Rangers did' and is reluctant to part with the cash for him and his family of 4.

I tried to explain to him that Hibs hand was forced in this, and that teams up and down the country pay 'normal' prices for Play Offs games.

He doesn't fully grasp the situation. Maybe some others in this boat?

Frazerbob
14-05-2015, 01:52 PM

Could people be waiting on the result from the 1st leg?

Ozyhibby
14-05-2015, 01:59 PM
There will be a big Hibs crowd at this game. Most will start to think about buying their tickets after the weekend.

patlowe
14-05-2015, 02:13 PM
There will be a big Hibs crowd at this game. Most will start to think about buying their tickets after the weekend.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I just think people are likely to wait until next week, particularly when they know it's easy enough to get a ticket at this stage. It's not like a semi final where the majority of people like/need to make plans well in advance in relation to getting tickets, sorting transport etc. I'd imagine sales will hot up as soon as Rangers/QOTS get through and the prospect of our game becomes much more tangible. Then we'll hear about sales reaching a certain figure and people will get their finger out as the excitement builds.

I know lots of fans have been a bit disheartened over the last couple of years but I've not heard one fan say they 'can't be bothered' or that they plan to 'give it a miss'. I would be genuinely amazed if we don't get a good crowd for this match.

17k+

Keith_M
14-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Keep in mind, there's still nine days to go before the home tie.

Sales for this game have not yet taken off to any great degree but the same was true of the Play Off last year against Hamilton, where sales increased massively just a few days before the game.

We sold so many tickets for that match that home Fans had to be housed in the South Stand.

I just can't understand the negative attitude of some on here that claim we're incapable of selling a decent number this time and are content to eat from the crumbs that fall off the OF table.

Grow some Balls, Guys.

CockneyRebel
14-05-2015, 02:14 PM

A lot of STs, like me, have bought tickets elsewhere in the ground so that they can go with family/friends etc. so empty ST seats do not necessarily mean the ST holder is not there.

Keith_M
14-05-2015, 02:19 PM
This will be the first leg

Nope, the first leg is at Ibrox and the second leg is at ER.

Juice-Terry
14-05-2015, 02:19 PM
A lot of STs, like me, have bought tickets elsewhere in the ground so that they can go with family/friends etc. so empty ST seats do not necessarily mean the ST holder is not there.

Fair enough, but my point was rather that there are A LOT more green dots on the online booking thingy today than there were yesterday. Still hoping for, and to some extent expecting, a very healthy home crowd.

:flag:

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Could be neither of us so we could easily play them again next year. If that happened chucking away the only big income game left would be crazy. There are also other years after the next one..

Its just something to consider in all this.

If the two of us are in the same league next season i have no doubt that when we play them they will sell out there allocation for the away end, they will tell us they are boycotting coming to ER, but i bet when the tickets go up for sale at Ibrox for the next game at ER they tickets will be snapped up and the away end sold out.

So i don't think we have to worry about future games as they will turn out in there numbers as usual to see there team, but for this game, if we meet each other then they should be limited to 400 tickets for the away end.

It's not as if in the past that we have taken big numbers through to Ibrox for big games, as we have, and I'm sure we could easily take 3000+ to Ibrox for a play off game if they beat QOTS.

They are the ones playing silly buggers here, they won't sell out there stadium for a play off so why not get more revenue in by giving the away fans more tickets like they did with the yams,the yams who have cut the Rangers allocation when they go to Tynie, what have Hibs done to upset the bears so much.

HibbyAndy
14-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Nope, the first leg is at Ibrox and the second leg is at ER.

What time is KO in the 2nd leg ?

HibsNutter
14-05-2015, 02:28 PM
I'd be embarrassed if we couldn't sell out our usual home allocation for this game, we should and we could also fill most of the away end, this match matters. Even if we don't, put them in the corner of the South stand.

Andy74
14-05-2015, 02:35 PM
If the two of us are in the same league next season i have no doubt that when we play them they will sell out there allocation for the away end, they will tell us they are boycotting coming to ER, but i bet when the tickets go up for sale at Ibrox for the next game at ER they tickets will be snapped up and the away end sold out.

So i don't think we have to worry about future games as they will turn out in there numbers as usual to see there team, but for this game, if we meet each other then they should be limited to 400 tickets for the away end.

It's not as if in the past that we have taken big numbers through to Ibrox for big games, as we have, and I'm sure we could easily take 3000+ to Ibrox for a play off game if they beat QOTS.

They are the ones playing silly buggers here, they won't sell out there stadium for a play off so why not get more revenue in by giving the away fans more tickets like they did with the yams,the yams who have cut the Rangers allocation when they go to Tynie, what have Hibs done to upset the bears so much.

If they were available for sale i'm sure the fans would buy them. What could happen though is if we make a decision to cut the usual allocation then they will as a club refuse a full allocation in future.

What Rangers are doing has been blown out of proportion a wee bit I think. They are keeping things the same as they would for a league game. If we were to cut the allocation that would be a change and I think they would consider a retaliation.

We seemed to want this treated like a league game when we were talking about season tickets being allowed in for free!

Apart from anything else I actually like the atmosphere of the bigger games with a full away end to interact with. I'm sure many others do too.

scoopyboy
14-05-2015, 02:37 PM
What time is KO in the 2nd leg ?

High Noon.:cb

Newry Hibs
14-05-2015, 02:47 PM
I'd be embarrassed if we couldn't sell out our usual home allocation for this game, we should and we could also fill most of the away end, this match matters. Even if we don't, put them in the corner of the South stand.

Put 100 in each corner.

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 02:52 PM

Hibbysam posted this.

"Amit can you please advise hibs' stance on how many rangers fans will be entitled to tickets after today's announcements that they are giving us bare minimum? Baring in mind the general consensus on here and the bounce, I'm sure there will have been discussions at board level... Are the fans going to be listened to? After Rangers taking the Noel hunt with us at Ibrox in February when they said police wouldn't allow over 1000 away fans due to safety concerns yet they recently allowed 2000 hearts fans into an away end, are we going to stand up for ourselves and take the very minimal hit on money or are we going to bend over and take the spanking from them?"

Amit replied to it after i had said "i hope this gets answered"

Amit kindly replied and this is what he said.

"No decision has been made yet Silverhibee. However, the exec team at the club are fully aware of the supporters views on this."

Lets hope the exec team are listening to the fans on this one as it is quite clear, bar a few posters who have every right to put there side over but they seem in the minority, that Rangers should only be getting 400 tickets if they make it through there game against QOTS.

I do think Leeann will do the right thing if it is to be the Rangers we play in the play off's, she doesn't seem like a woman who is going to be dictated to from the SFA and the two Glasgow clubs, time to stand up for our self's against the GFA and this would be a great start, we have slated Petrie in the past for not standing up for the club, somehow i don't think LD will take the same stance, she will fight Hibs corner and if that means upsetting the poor souls from Govan then tough cookies.

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure there is no danger. We are asking Hibs to do that very thing out of principle.

A fans boyoctt is different from the club refusing a full allocation which would be open to them if they wanted to react to us cutting theirs for this game.

No chance they will do this, there fans will demand tickets so they can support there team.

Keith_M
14-05-2015, 03:01 PM
No chance they will do this, there fans will demand tickets so they can support there team.

They were supposed to be boycotting all Clubs that voted for Sporting Integrity....... It didn't happen.

It's just a "what if?" from somebody that appears to have little faith in the Hibs support and is making up his arguments as he goes along.

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 03:06 PM

For league games yes, this is not a league game though, it is a play off, how many tickets do we get allocated when we play them in cup games, pretty sure i remember 1000s of Hibs fans heading through to Ibrox a number of years ago to a cup game that we won, so yeah Keith, they are taking the piss on this one as they won't sell out there own stadium if they beat QOTS and come up against us, why do they not want as much revenue as possible, as they need it after Ashley calling in on his loan he gave them, they need every penny they can get but are unwilling to give us a bigger allocation at Ibrox to help them pay there debts back.

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 03:07 PM
It is a league play-off match, not a cup game. I don't see any trophy being awarded?

But it is not a league game.

Brooster
14-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Theres a lot of knickers getting in a twist on this thread. They will get the normal allocation of that Im almost certain.

erin go bragh
14-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Hibbysam posted this.

"Amit can you please advise hibs' stance on how many rangers fans will be entitled to tickets after today's announcements that they are giving us bare minimum? Baring in mind the general consensus on here and the bounce, I'm sure there will have been discussions at board level... Are the fans going to be listened to? After Rangers taking the Noel hunt with us at Ibrox in February when they said police wouldn't allow over 1000 away fans due to safety concerns yet they recently allowed 2000 hearts fans into an away end, are we going to stand up for ourselves and take the very minimal hit on money or are we going to bend over and take the spanking from them?"

Amit replied to it after i had said "i hope this gets answered"

Amit kindly replied and this is what he said.

"No decision has been made yet Silverhibee. However, the exec team at the club are fully aware of the supporters views on this."

Lets hope the exec team are listening to the fans on this one as it is quite clear, bar a few posters who have every right to put there side over but they seem in the minority, that Rangers should only be getting 400 tickets if they make it through there game against QOTS.

I do think Leeann will do the right thing if it is to be the Rangers we play in the play off's, she doesn't seem like a woman who is going to be dictated to from the SFA and the two Glasgow clubs, time to stand up for our self's against the GFA and this would be a great start, we have slated Petrie in the past for not standing up for the club, somehow i don't think LD will take the same stance, she will fight Hibs corner and if that means upsetting the poor souls from Govan then tough cookies.
Sounds promising . About time we stood up to them .

GGTTH

silverhibee
I agree with that comment Silv.

Thing is for me though that plenty Hibs fans are intending going but haven't bothered buying their tickets yet, in fact I was informed that as of yesterday morning less than 5000 had been sold. If all supporters had bought earlier it might have made the board think twice about the South Stand.

I have no knowledge as such but I believe the South Stand will be allocated in its entirety to Rangers.

If we can't sell our tickets I have no real gripe with that decision but I would hate to think that we give them the whole stand and then a late rush means we can't supply all Hibs fans with tickets.

:aok:

Not good at all, stays like that and they cheeky knuckledraggers will have the brass neck to ask for more tickets at ER. :greengrin

DH1875
If they end up going up, will rangers only be giving celtic 900 tickets when they play at ibrox? I doubt it so there is scope there to increase our allocation.

HibbyAndy

Aw your kidding me ?!

If that's the case there is no danger i'l get my work done and down to the game for that time! :no way:

green&left
14-05-2015, 03:20 PM

We sell direct to The Rangers fans so won't happen.

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 03:25 PM
If they were available for sale i'm sure the fans would buy them. What could happen though is if we make a decision to cut the usual allocation then they will as a club refuse a full allocation in future.

What Rangers are doing has been blown out of proportion a wee bit I think. They are keeping things the same as they would for a league game. If we were to cut the allocation that would be a change and I think they would consider a retaliation.

We seemed to want this treated like a league game when we were talking about season tickets being allowed in for free!

Apart from anything else I actually like the atmosphere of the bigger games with a full away end to interact with. I'm sure many others do too.

The yams cut the Rangers allocation for games at Tynie, yet Rangers give them 2000 tickets for a league game at Ibrox, 1100 more than what we get, what have Hibs done to upset the bears.

Bit in bold, no chance that will happen, there fans will demand tickets to be put on sale by the club, you are scaremongering a bit when you keep saying that as you have no information that they will even consider doing that, only you that is putting that that out there that the Rangers will refuse allocation for tickets at ER, no chance they will do that.

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 03:26 PM

:gun:

Ozyhibby
14-05-2015, 03:27 PM
They were supposed to be boycotting all Clubs that voted for Sporting Integrity....... It didn't happen.

It's just a "what if?" from somebody that appears to have little faith in the Hibs support and is making up his arguments as he goes along.

Spot on. 100%

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Theres a lot of knickers getting in a twist on this thread. They will get the normal allocation of that Im almost certain.

I'm a boxers type guy. :greengrin

Nando™
14-05-2015, 03:37 PM
It really isn't.

It's 30 adult season tickets, less half a percent of annual ST income, so yes, it is.

Pete
14-05-2015, 04:24 PM

So those who are unhappy about this are simply "getting their knickers in a twist"?

What do you mean by that? That they we are disproportionately upset?

As for your assumption that they will get their "normal" allocation, they had better bloody not.

Andy74
14-05-2015, 04:30 PM

Of course it is a 'what if' - that has been my point, there are a few things that Hibs have to consider the impact of. There's a bit more to it than the tell them to ram it arguments.

I don't care if they cut it or not, but I do care about the suggestion that we are somehow bending over to them if we make the decision not to change the usual arrangements for them visiting here.

Carheenlea
14-05-2015, 04:33 PM

You will probably be right, but I hope you are wrong.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2015, 04:33 PM
So those who are unhappy about this are simply "getting their knickers in a twist"?

What do you mean by that? That they we are disproportionately upset?
As for your assumption that they will get their "normal" allocation, they had better bloody not.

So far our sales for the home leg are pitiful......There was an email from LD explaining if sales were good, they would look at further tickets for home fans.... The take up makes that look unlikely.....

Re the part in bold, what are supporter's going to do if we give them full allocation? It's not Hibs or the Board's fault, that our own fans haven't sold out.....

Pete
14-05-2015, 04:40 PM
The yams cut the Rangers allocation for games at Tynie, yet Rangers give them 2000 tickets for a league game at Ibrox, 1100 more than what we get, what have Hibs done to upset the bears.

Bit in bold, no chance that will happen, there fans will demand tickets to be put on sale by the club, you are scaremongering a bit when you keep saying that as you have no information that they will even consider doing that, only you that is putting that that out there that the Rangers will refuse allocation for tickets at ER, no chance they will do that.

These are the exact same arguments that Rangers and the SPFL will use if we do cut their allocation to a fair amount. League games aren't two-legged knock our affairs and we AREN'T being let in with our season tickets. This comparison plays right into their hands and allows them an advantage (forget all this "interaction" nonsense..a big hun presence will help them ).

Maybe those who are umming and awing about this should consider the loyalty point hassle caused by their pitiful allocation for us. Do league games normally have this type of demand? By not matching their allocation we are basically telling them that it's OK to treat us like this.

If you don't mind them getting the full stand that's exactly what you are doing so you kind of take away your right to complain when we get shat on the next time.

Pete
14-05-2015, 04:44 PM
So far our sales for the home leg are pitiful......There was an email from LD explaining if sales were good, they would look at further tickets for home fans.... The take up makes that look unlikely.....

Re the part in bold, what are supporter's going to do if we give them full allocation? It's not Hibs or the Board's fault, that our own fans haven't sold out.....

What does us selling out have to do with the price of cheese?

We're getting 2% of the crowd when we could take much more. We should give them exactly the same if we sell 10 or 10000 home tickets.

Do you not think we've been shafted here?

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2015, 04:46 PM
What does us selling out have to do with the price of cheese?

We're getting 2% of the crowd when we could take much more. We should give them exactly the same if we sell 10 or 10000 home tickets.

Do you not think we've been shafted here?

Nope, Hibs said they would look at options if we sold out our ends, we haven't.....Fairly simplistic to understand.................

We get the same allocation that we have had the previous 3 times we have been at Ibrox this season....

PatHead
14-05-2015, 04:49 PM

Don't disagree with restricting any allocation to QoS or the The Rangers but surely it is 50% of ticket money before costs we keep so £25000 plus before costs. Gate is not split between clubs

HH81
14-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Nope, Hibs said they would look at options if we sold out our ends, we haven't.....Fairly simplistic to understand.................

We get the same allocation that we have had the previous 3 times we have been at Ibrox this season....

What has the last 3 visits got to do with this visit? This is a play off game so demand is higher and should have been given.

Hibs are well within it's rights to therefore reduce Rangers ticket amounts as a result but I don't think they will have the bottle.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2015, 04:54 PM
What has the last 3 visits got to do with this visit? This is a play off game so demand is higher and should have been given.

Hibs are well within it's rights to therefore reduce Rangers ticket amounts as a result but I don't think they will have the bottle.

We are getting the usual allocation, not hard to understand is it?

Pete
14-05-2015, 04:55 PM

These were league games and this isn't a normal league game. This is a two legged knock out and our promotion depends on this.

We can give them what we like and we should respond to their pitiful allocation.

I'm absolutely stunned that anyone thinks this is OK, especially hard core fans.

We have been utterly shafted here and giving them a full Dunbar is just telling them we don't mind.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2015, 04:56 PM
These were league games and this isn't a normal league game. This is a two legged knock out and our promotion depends on this.

We can give them what we like and we should respond to their pitiful allocation.

I'm absolutely stunned that anyone thinks this is OK, especially hard core fans.

We have been utterly shafted here and giving them a full Dunbar is just telling them we don't mind.

How have we been utterly shafted?

Pete

I wish you would stop that patronising tone.

People understand perfectly what you are saying.

HH81

I dont think that answered my question?

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2015, 04:57 PM
I wish you would stop that patronising tone.

People understand perfectly what you are saying.

Patronising? Hardly

Pete
14-05-2015, 04:57 PM
How have we been utterly shafted?

Do you want me to go over the percentages of the crowd we would be getting?

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2015, 04:58 PM
I dont think that answered my question?

Oh well then......

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Do you want me to go over the percentages of the crowd we would be getting?

No, I'm fully aware thanks

HH81
14-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Oh well then......

:aok:

PatHead
14-05-2015, 05:02 PM

The problem is that demand has not been higher. It is nothing to do with bottle it is to do with finances.

Everyone seems to be making 2 assumptions -
1 We are playing The Rangers and
2. That the great The Rangers support will push them on to victory.

From what I have heard the The Rangers support has been honking this season and get on their backs all the time. Not that it is intended but their support could help us in the event of us getting an early goal.

The thing is that it could still be QoS

Pete
14-05-2015, 05:08 PM
No, I'm fully aware thanks

Do you think you will have trouble getting a ticket for Ibrox?

What about your mates who perhaps won't be able to go because of high demand and a "normal" allocation for this very important game?

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Do you think you will have trouble getting a ticket for Ibrox?

What about your mates who perhaps won't be able to go because of high demand and a "normal" allocation for this very important game?

Having the maximum number of points, I hope I am OK

Pete
14-05-2015, 05:11 PM
The problem is that demand has not been higher. It is nothing to do with bottle it is to do with finances.

From what I have heard the The Rangers support has been honking this season and get on their backs all the time. Not that it is intended but their support could help us in the event of us getting an early goal.

Their crowd will help them. Why are people trying to twist this into a negative for them?

Are people that subjugated and so used to being treated unfairly that we just accept it now?

HH81
14-05-2015, 05:12 PM

If you look at the tickets for QOTS you will see we get 3000.

If we play Rangers we get 900odd how is that fair? The play offs are not about making money as they are a non budgeted game so this is an excuse to justify giving them tickets that are not deserved.

Pete
14-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Having the maximum number of points, I hope I am OK

Good for you.

You'll be heavily outnumbered because they know the benefits of having a small away crowd.

I wish we did too.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2015, 05:16 PM
Good for you.

You'll be heavily outnumbered because they know the benefits of having a small away crowd.

I wish we did too.

We are heavily outnumbered every time we play them at Ibrox.......

B.H.F.C
14-05-2015, 05:19 PM
IMO the club have to weigh up what is more important to them here. Do they stand up for our supporters and say to rangers, you've shafted us so we'll do the same to you. Or do they look at it from a revenue perspective and fill the away end with Huns.

The club have been telling us how much of a difference a full Easter Road will make to the team. So presumably, they'll accept they'd be handing Rangers a boost by giving them a full end. And for me, any slight advantage in this game is massive.

Pete
14-05-2015, 05:19 PM
We are heavily outnumbered every time we play them at Ibrox.......

But this is different though. I've made the same point on about twelve different threads so I'm out for now. QOS will probably win anyway.

Peace. :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2015, 05:20 PM
But this is different though. I've made the same point on about twelve different threads so I'm out for now. QOS will probably win anyway.

Peace. :thumbsup:

Let's hope so......

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2015, 05:21 PM
IMO the club have to weigh up what is more important to them here. Do they stand up for our supporters and say to rangers, you've shafted us so we'll do the same to you. Or do they look at it from a revenue perspective and fill the away end with Huns.

The club have been telling us how much of a difference a full Easter Road will make to the team. So presumably, they'll accept they'd be handing Rangers a boost by giving them a full end. And for me, any slight advantage in this game is massive.

They haven't really shafted us though have they? They have done exactly what the rules that are in place allow them to do. Why would they want to sell more to us than normal when they don't have to??

Andy74
14-05-2015, 05:24 PM
They haven't really shafted us though have they? They have done exactly what the rules that are in place allow them to do. Why would they want to sell more to us than normal when they don't have to??

Yep. It's got a bit out of proportion on here.

It might be a little different if we were in danger of Hibs fans missing the home game but that seems to be far from the case.

PatHead
14-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Their crowd will help them. Why are people trying to twist this into a negative for them?

Are people that subjugated and so used to being treated unfairly that we just accept it now?

Who says I am accepting it? I have said to Leeann's face that I think we should restrict their numbers. The problem is our support are not playing the game and buying tickets early.

I can see their argument but don't agree with it. It would all be solved if a decent number of supporters bought tickets early or if QoS win the previous round.

Solve the argument yourselves by buying now. Force the boards hand

Sir David Gray
14-05-2015, 05:27 PM

We requested an increased allocation for the most recent of those three visits but it was rejected.

We sold out our normal allocation several days before the game and could easily have sold many more but Sevco turned us down, apparently on safety grounds. :rolleyes:

PatHead
14-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Yep. It's got a bit out of proportion on here.

It might be a little different if we were in danger of Hibs fans missing the home game but that seems to be far from the case.

If we do play the The Rangers and we have given an allocation of 3500 to them, pick up a good result at Ibrox and we could see Hibs fans losing out.

Only themselves to blame though.

matty_f
14-05-2015, 05:32 PM
If folk put their money where their mouth is we can tell Rangers to bolt (if they get through).

With only 5-6k tickets sold, giving them the full away end is, financially, a no-brainer.

Fill the place with Hibs fans, make the decision easy for the club.

Pete
14-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Who says I am accepting it? I have said to Leeann's face that I think we should restrict their numbers. The problem is our support are not playing the game and buying tickets early.

I can see their argument but don't agree with it. It would all be solved if a decent number of supporters bought tickets early or if QoS win the previous round.

Solve the argument yourselves by buying now. Force the boards hand

Rangers have already forced our hand by giving us a ridiculously low allocation.

I wish people would stop linking our home sales to their allocation for Easter road. It should have NOTHING to do with it!

PatHead
14-05-2015, 05:35 PM
If folk put their money where their mouth is we can tell Rangers to bolt (if they get through).

With only 5-6k tickets sold, giving them the full away end is, financially, a no-brainer.

Yip, though 6000 were sold as of this morning

Sir David Gray
14-05-2015, 05:36 PM
When can we expect an announcement on this?

Hibs said they would make a decision today but it's getting a bit late and we don't seem to have heard anything yet.

Pete
14-05-2015, 05:36 PM

"Financially a no brainer"??

It's 20 bloody grand Matty. Perhaps less if we actually sell a lot.

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2015, 05:37 PM
Rangers have already forced our hand by giving us a ridiculously low allocation.

I wish people would stop linking our home sales to their allocation for Easter road. It should have NOTHING to do with it!

They have done exactly what they are entitled to do. Why do folk expect them to have given us more than what they need to??

So we want to reduce their allocation to minimise the impact their fans have but want them to increase our normal allocation??

PatHead
14-05-2015, 05:39 PM

It has EVERYTHING to do with it. We were told if we bought early it would restrict tickets given to opposition teams. That is the Board line.

As I have said I don't agree with it but I can do **** all about it. The only solution is to sell our tickets in superquick time. If we were at 10,000 or so just now they would have a decision to make, we aren't, so it is helping them to make the decision we don't want.

Pete
14-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Yip, though 6000 were sold as of this morning

So what?

There's a week to go and we don't even know who we're playing yet.

I haven't bought mine yet.

PatHead
14-05-2015, 05:40 PM
When can we expect an announcement on this?

Hibs said they would make a decision today but it's getting a bit late and we don't seem to have heard anything yet.

Leeann is at St Pat's AGM tonight, maybe hear something there.

Pete
14-05-2015, 05:41 PM
It has EVERYTHING to do with it. We were told if we bought early it would restrict tickets given to opposition teams. That is the Board line.

As I have said I don't agree with it but I can do **** all about it. The only solution is to sell our tickets in superquick time. If we were at 10,000 or so just now they would have a decision to make, we aren't, so it is helping them to make the decision we don't want.

It should have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Was this before or after rangers said they would give us 900?

Andy74
14-05-2015, 05:42 PM

I don't think petulance and tit for tat is the way to make decisions. Maybe you do?

Pete
14-05-2015, 05:44 PM
I don't think petulance and tit for tat is the way to make decisions. Maybe you do?

You think standing up for yourself is petulance?

You'd better hope your "interaction" theory works and the few thousand pounds make a difference.

Andy74
14-05-2015, 05:46 PM
You think standing up for yourself is petulance?

You'd better hope your "interaction" theory works and the few thousand pounds make a difference.

Standing up for what? All Rangers have done is kept the same arrangements.

I don't feel we need to go out our way to have empty seats in some sort of response.

I really don't care about a few thousand pounds. It's got little to do with it.

matty_f
14-05-2015, 05:46 PM
"Financially a no brainer"??

It's 20 bloody grand Matty. Perhaps less if we actually sell a lot.

20 grand pays for a member of staff, Peter. It could be the difference between getting a great young player or missing out, or the shortfall between our budget and a player's demands.

You talk about it like it's pennies, but that income is valuable. £20k taken here means we don't have to find it elsewhere - it's easy for us to say it's only £20k but when you are responsible for the club you have to think what that money can get you.

PatHead
14-05-2015, 05:47 PM

It was said when the details were announced so before. It doesn't matter whether it SHOULD have nothing to do with it, it does.

At the end of the day we are a business as well as a football club whether we like it or not we have to live within our means. That means getting as much money in as possible to try and sign Fyvie, Scott Allan on a new contract, tie up Stubbsy for longer etc.

Blaster
14-05-2015, 05:49 PM
I am disappointed in the take up of our own fans so far. There is nothing to suggest we will come close to selling out 3 stands. I appreciate there is over a week to go but this was our opportunity to say we don't need as many of your fans to sell out this game.

So might as well just give them what they usually get and focus on winning the tie. This is causing unnecessary divide when we should united in our efforts of kicking their ass!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2015, 05:49 PM

A full away end would be a help, Stubbs wants a full home support presumably to act as the 12th man. Give them 400 and stick them on the top tier as far away as bloody possible, so they cant have the same effect as 3800 would.

Unless you think supporters don't have any effect?

Hearts have reduced and then given them the full allocation and again reduced it. So your scaremongering about how they might not take their full allocation in future is just that.

B.H.F.C
14-05-2015, 05:50 PM

Na but for a game of this nature 950 tickets is poor. IMO we shouldn't give them any more than we need to in return, which for me is substantially less than that whole end.

Deansy
14-05-2015, 05:50 PM

ENDOF

With you all the way on this !. ****** them and ****** worrying about possible 'future boycotts' - they are the lowest-of-the-low and should be treated like low-life deserve !

Andy74
14-05-2015, 05:53 PM
A full away end would be a help, Stubbs wants a full home support presumably to act as the 12th man. Give them 400 and stick them on the top tier as far away as bloody possible, so they cant have the same effect as 3800 would.

Unless you think supporters don't have any effect?

Hearts have reduced and then given them the full allocation and again reduced it. So your scaremongering about how they might not take their full allocation in future is just that.

Support has some effect. So does a decent atmosphere overall.

We have an away end the size it is though.

Should we do away with it so we win all our home games from now?

In the games with them do far the team with the smallest support usually wins.

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Na but for a game of this nature 950 tickets is poor. IMO we shouldn't give them any more than we need to in return, which for me is substantially less than that whole end.

I'm no disputing that it's poor and I'm no advocating we give them the full end but I think to say that they are shafting us is wrong. We want to minimise their normal allocation but want them to increase ours??

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Support has some effect. So does a decent atmosphere overall.

We have an away end the size it is though.

Should we do away with it so we win all our home games from now?

When have sevco EVER created anything other than an atmosphere filled with hatred and bile?

Tyler Durden
14-05-2015, 05:55 PM

Your last paragraph is the key point for me. Stubbs has said he'd love to see a full Easter Road. Is it realistic to expect tickets to sell strongly 10 days in advance when the opposition isn't known?

Why not assume the opposition get half the away end. If by close of play Thursday 21st we've not sold enough then release more tickets to Rangers to sell on the Friday. Quite easy and I doubt this impacts policing arrangements.

If Hibs did some analysis of last 18/20k type crowds it would likely show a lot of tickets were sold in final few days as the hype builds.

Our allocation for Ibrox is irrelevant to me, it's all about giving Hibs fans the best chance to fill our ground

kaimendhibs
14-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Ok arguments about being shafted or not aside, we should give them the minimum number to boost our own chances. A full away end spouting bile can intimidate the officials and give their Shan players a lift. Does anyone think we are only getting 950 tickets (if they get through) so more sevco fans can attend? Ram them and their whole end I say

B.H.F.C
14-05-2015, 06:00 PM
I'm no disputing that it's poor and I'm no advocating we give them the full end but I think to say that they are shafting us is wrong. We want to minimise their normal allocation but want them to increase ours??

I would have been happy enough for them to have the south stand if we could have came to some kind of agreement over our allocation through there. Shafted maybe isn't the right word but I don't think they'll have shown any real interest in negotiating with us over it.

Pete
14-05-2015, 06:15 PM
It was said when the details were announced so before. It doesn't matter whether it SHOULD have nothing to do with it, it does.

At the end of the day we are a business as well as a football club whether we like it or not we have to live within our means. That means getting as much money in as possible to try and sign Fyvie, Scott Allan on a new contract, tie up Stubbsy for longer etc.

First and foremost we are a football club and things like sporting advantage should come first, especially for games like this.

I appreciate we need to be run like a business but if we allow rangers any advantage at all for the sake of a £15k windfall I will be absolutely disgusted. That's what we will be doing if we give them proportionately more tickets than they give us. This is a make or break tie and were acting like scrooges??

Amit has said that the board are now fully aware of fans feelings about this so I hope they act accordingly.

Pete
14-05-2015, 06:17 PM
20 grand pays for a member of staff, Peter. It could be the difference between getting a great young player or missing out, or the shortfall between our budget and a player's demands.

You talk about it like it's pennies, but that income is valuable. £20k taken here means we don't have to find it elsewhere - it's easy for us to say it's only £20k but when you are responsible for the club you have to think what that money can get you.

There are better ways to get a few grand than this. Risk harming the teams promotion chances for a new mini bus?

No thanks.

eastterrace
14-05-2015, 06:27 PM
So what?

There's a week to go and we don't even know who we're playing yet.

I haven't bought mine yet.

why

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2015, 06:27 PM
I would have been happy enough for them to have the south stand if we could have came to some kind of agreement over our allocation through there. Shafted maybe isn't the right word but I don't think they'll have shown any real interest in negotiating with us over it.

They will see the benefit of having 50,000 of their own fans there compared to our 900. Play at Easter Road and the place will be half empty so them having similar numbers wouldn't be a massive negative for them

matty_f
14-05-2015, 06:28 PM
There are better ways to get a few grand than this. Risk harming the teams promotion chances for a new mini bus?

No thanks.

So what if we lose anyway and can't afford the player that would have helped bring us up next year? Flawed logic, Peter.

We pissed all over Rangers with a full away end earlier in the season. We won there with 900 fans as well. I think you are over-egging the advantage that we'll get.

If folk bothered their arse to get tickets quickly we could tell Rangers to bolt comfortable that the Hibs fans have taken up the slack.

Pete
14-05-2015, 06:29 PM
why

I'm on it. This might surprise a lot of people but I actually have a life. :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
14-05-2015, 06:30 PM
It wouldn't need to be split. Going by a recent check on the ticket sales when I logged into my account, we'll barely fill the 3 stands we already occupy anyways.

Regardless of finance, should it be Rangers that we play, i'd give them the same as they're giving us. The smaller amount of orcs and zombies in ER that day the better.

Fair point, have had a bad day, not thinking straight. If I the choice on the matter the ****ers would get fek all!!

eastterrace
14-05-2015, 06:33 PM
I'm on it. This might surprise a lot of people but I actually have a life. :greengrin

so have i mate but just wondered why you havent bought one dont see the point of holding off ,we need to show that we care but maybe some fans dont.

Pete
14-05-2015, 06:34 PM
So what if we lose anyway and can't afford the player that would have helped bring us up next year? Flawed logic, Peter.

We pissed all over Rangers with a full away end earlier in the season. We won there with 900 fans as well. I think you are over-egging the advantage that we'll get.

If folk bothered their arse to get tickets quickly we could tell Rangers to bolt comfortable that the Hibs fans have taken up the slack.

I'm sorry but there's nothing wrong with my logic. We did win with various degrees of support but noisy away fans are an advantage. Ask any player.

This is about the principle as well. We are being denied the opportunity to help our team at Ibrox so we should respond in kind.

Our home support should have nothing to do with it.

Pete
14-05-2015, 06:36 PM
so have i mate but just wondered why you havent bought one dont see the point of holding off ,we need to show that we care but maybe some fans dont.

We have a week to go and there's no rush. A lot of people might get the feeling when they find our who we are playing.

If you can transfer some cash into my current account I'll buy some tonight. I'll give you it back.

eastterrace
14-05-2015, 06:39 PM
We have a week to go and there's no rush. A lot of people might get the feeling when they find our who we are playing.

If you can transfer some cash into my current account I'll buy some tonight. I'll give you it back.

well why didnt you say you were short off cash instead off going on about you have a life, i only asked why ,also if you pm me your bank details i will sort out some thing for you.

Pete
14-05-2015, 06:45 PM
well why didnt you say you were short off cash instead off going on about you have a life, i only asked why ,also if you pm me your bank details i will sort out some thing for you.

If you're genuinely offering to help me out then that's very kind. I was being light hearted when I asked.

It's more to do with physically getting to the bank to put cash in.

Thanks again.

matty_f
14-05-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm sorry but there's nothing wrong with my logic. We did win with various degrees of support but noisy away fans are an advantage. Ask any player.

This is about the principle as well. We are being denied the opportunity to help our team at Ibrox so we should respond in kind.

Our home support should have nothing to do with it.

The logic is flawed, you're laying weight on an argument around sporting advantage that doesn't really stand up. We have had tiny away supports at Easter Road all season bar against Rangers and the Yams. We haven't won all the games against the supports in the hundreds and we have only lost one of the games where the away support is in the thousands.

Last season Hamilton came to Easter Road with a small support and relegated us.

I'm all for sticking it to the Huns, but not at the expense of the football club. If everyone going on about the principle of it helped us sell out the Hibs end I could understand it, but it looks to me like a lot of the Outraged from Leiths will be raging about the injustice of it all while they are tuned in to BT Sports.

eastterrace
14-05-2015, 06:57 PM
The logic is flawed, you're laying weight on an argument around sporting advantage that doesn't really stand up. We have had tiny away supports at Easter Road all season bar against Rangers and the Yams. We haven't won all the games against the supports in the hundreds and we have only lost one of the games where the away support is in the thousands.

I'm all for sticking it to the Huns, but not at the expense of the football club. If everyone going on about the principle of it helped us sell out the Hibs end I could understand it, but it looks to me like a lot of the Outraged from Leiths will be raging about the injustice of it all while they are tuned in to BT Sports.

:top marks

IWASTHERE1902
14-05-2015, 07:10 PM
our large support at hampden hasn't exactly helped us, has it.

We should be concentrating on selling our own ends at ER before worrying about how many tickets we should or shouldn't give them. The more of them thats there the more enjoyable it will be when we put them out.

renato
14-05-2015, 07:15 PM
I don't think this bickering is productive for the club at a time when we all need to be united, more than ever. I've spoken to 3 the rangers fans today (all sensible) who to a man think their club is being petty and fully expect (and agree) that we'll answer in kind with a meagre allocation.

Anyway, everyone's entitled to their opinion. From my view, I simply hope the club to the right thing here and give us as much advantage as possible.

Largshibby
14-05-2015, 07:24 PM
our large support at hampden hasn't exactly helped us, has it.

We should be concentrating on selling our own ends at ER before worrying about how many tickets we should or shouldn't give them. The more of them thats there the more enjoyable it will be when we put them out.

:aok: Spot on. We can still outnumber them 4 to 1 which will give us more than enough supporter advantage. Deliberately leaving seats empty just to spite them seems perverse and not the way we should go about our business. I doubt we would sell many tickets in the South anyway. I wouldn't want to sit anywhere near those manks.

Pete
14-05-2015, 07:26 PM

Of course it doesn't guarantee you a result and it's easy to pick examples like you have.

How many played have said they have taken encouragement from noisy supports? I don't want to risk that for a few grand.

greenlex
14-05-2015, 07:29 PM
We should also bear in mind that this isn't just a run of the mill league game . It will be a one off. A cup final. Lose and the chances are it's over. Every advantage should be sought however slight or pshycogical. I'm sure the Ox would be more comfortable in front of a half empty stand that a stand full of those morons. Money should not be a consideration.

Pete
14-05-2015, 07:30 PM
I don't think this bickering is productive for the club at a time when we all need to be united, more than ever. I've spoken to 3 the rangers fans today (all sensible) who to a man think their club is being petty and fully expect (and agree) that we'll answer in kind with a meagre allocation.

I've also spoken to a few fans of other clubs (hearts and Aberdeen) and they also think what rangers are doing is ridiculous. They would be livid if their club didn't respond in kind.

I feel like pointing out to them the benefits that extra 15k will bring them. That minibus might prove to be a great investment in the long term.

renato
14-05-2015, 07:34 PM
I've also spoken to a few fans of other clubs (hearts and Aberdeen) and they also think what rangers are doing is ridiculous. They would be livid if their club didn't respond in kind.

I feel like pointing out to them the benefits that extra 15k will bring them. That minibus might prove to be a great investment in the long term.

Everything LD has done this season has suggested a long needed change
in attitude, that we won't be pushed around anymore and we now stand up for ourselves. I expect the same here, simply.

matty_f
14-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Of course it doesn't guarantee you a result and it's easy to pick examples like you have.

How many played have said they have taken encouragement from noisy supports? I don't want to risk that for a few grand.

How many players have said it? I don't know.

And we've dropped from 20k to 15k and now we're down to a few grand. If this thread keeps going Hibs are going to be spending money to accommodate them!

Pete
14-05-2015, 07:51 PM
How many players have said it? I don't know.

And we've dropped from 20k to 15k and now we're down to a few grand. If this thread keeps going Hibs are going to be spending money to accommodate them!

Players have definitely said it in the past.

...and the figure was based on calculations from members of this site ranging from £15k to £20k.

Are you now trying to come across as smart or score points because you think I'm being inconsistent with my figures?

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2015, 07:55 PM

...and the figure was based on calculations from members of this site ranging from £15k to £20k.

Are you now trying to come across as smart or score points because you think I'm being inconsistent with my figures?

Virtually every player says it, in fact our own manager wants exactly that.

matty_f
14-05-2015, 08:16 PM

Was just trying to lighten things up a bit, to be honest.

Pete
14-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Was just trying to lighten things up a bit, to be honest.

Apologies then. I'm getting too wound up about this perhaps.

I just hate seeing us (and everyone else) getting a raw deal all the time from the Glasgow based football mafia.

Andy74
14-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Virtually every player says it, in fact our own manager wants exactly that.

Interesting that you are coming round to the role of a support.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Interesting that you are coming round to the role of a support.

Aye right.

wookie70
14-05-2015, 08:32 PM
If a noisy home support and small away support are an advantage that sees us through the tie then that is potentially worth more than losing out on away fan revenue. My view is that giving them the same proportion of tickets is a show of strength from us. If the board don't get pushed around then there is every chance that their values and qualities can start to filter through the team and support. Psychological advantage at this stage counts, especially as we have an edge player wise, and I would be doing everything to get back to the top league particularly as any idea of a 16 team league will miraculously disappear if Rangers get to the SPFL

Stax
14-05-2015, 08:37 PM
I'd expect us to give them the same shi*** allocation as they've given us, nothing more & nothing less. Anyone questioning a raucous away support being an advantage needs to remember when we had the broomloan in the Scottish cup game.

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2015, 08:41 PM
I'd expect us to give them the same shi*** allocation as they've given us, nothing more & nothing less. Anyone questioning a raucous away support being an advantage needs to remember when we had the broomloan in the Scottish cup game.

The same as what's happened a number of times since with only 900 there? Or a midweek 3-0 win when I was one of about 300 Hibs fans there?

Billy Whizz
14-05-2015, 08:42 PM
The same as what's happened a number of times since with only 900 there? Or a midweek 3-0 win when I was one of about 300 Hibs fans there?

I was there too, during CC's reign, after we'd had a bad defeat and performance against Hearts

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2015, 08:42 PM

Why do players and managers say a big support helps them?

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Why do players and managers say a big support helps them?

Probably because they feel it does. I haven't said any different

Pete
14-05-2015, 08:52 PM

Do you believe them?

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Do you believe them?

Enough of them say it so there must be something in it. Most I've played in front of has been about 100 at most so haven't been able to sample it for myself

Stax
14-05-2015, 08:56 PM
I remember a 3-0 round about the time I'm talking about and there was more than 300 there, mind you it wasn't a midweek game..

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2015, 08:58 PM
I remember a 3-0 round about the time I'm talking about and there was more than 300 there, mind you it wasn't a midweek game..

There's been a few

IWASTHERE1902
14-05-2015, 08:59 PM

So we must be really bad then. We get almost double Dundee, Partick, Killie, Hamilton, St johnstone, St Mirren etc etc. But over the last few years they have won more cups and are in a league above us. And why were we so bad at home last season in front of bigger home crowds than the away fans.

silverhibee
14-05-2015, 09:00 PM

They were league games, play off's are different.

Pete
14-05-2015, 09:04 PM
So we must be really bad then. We get almost double Dundee, Partick, Killie, Hamilton, St johnstone, St Mirren etc etc. But over the last few years they have won more cups and are in a league above us. And why were we so bad at home last season in front of bigger home crowds than the away fans.

That's the spirit.

All these teams have won more cups, have they?

green&left
14-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Of course it is a 'what if' - that has been my point, there are a few things that Hibs have to consider the impact of. There's a bit more to it than the tell them to ram it arguments.

I don't care if they cut it or not, but I do care about the suggestion that we are somehow bending over to them if we make the decision not to change the usual arrangements for them visiting here.

The impact of what?

southern hibby
14-05-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm in the camp of give them as little as possible. This will show them that in future we will not let them get away with giving us so little. Make no mistake we asked for more last game at Ibrox and never got them.

It's our stadium and if the don't want to play ball with their stadium we can ( and should ) do the same with ours.

GGTTH

Stax
14-05-2015, 09:33 PM
There's been a few
You're right but historically it's not been the norm against them in their previous guise has it? We've all had great away days when we've been outnumbered but i just can't get my head round giving them any perceived advantage in such a big game. Fwiw I think a small away support will be celebrating at Ibrox anyway, I still think Qos will go through

Eyrie
14-05-2015, 09:39 PM
It's a simple matter of fairness.

If Sevco want to give us as few as 950 tickets without even providing proper segregation to protect those Hibs fans who venture to Ibrox, then we should give them the same number in the South Upper.

I'd rather see the stadium a quarter empty than have one end full of bigots so that the SPFL can cash in and we're left with a token £15k.

JimBHibees
14-05-2015, 09:40 PM
They were league games, play off's are different.

The first game was a cup tie.

IWASTHERE1902
14-05-2015, 09:44 PM
That's the spirit.

All these teams have won more cups, have they?

You know what I mean. In terms of fans and attendance we are a much bigger club than all of them. But they all sit in a higher league than us. I know there are many different reasons (and opinions) why this is but my general point is that having a bigger crowd doesn't necessarily bring success. Or if it does we would not have won at Ibrox twice this season - we were vastly outnumbered. I agree having a bigger crowd is obviously a good thing, but it has no bearing on the result, if it does why should we bother turning up at Ibrox, we'll be vastly outnumbered so we are beat before the game has kicked off.
So if over a season, bigger crowds haven't brought us success in the past, why do we think it will help in the playoffs. Lets just concentrate on playing our game, we don't need a big crowd to beat them.

(and if you work it out proportionately, on a ratio of cups to fans, most of them probably have won more cups than us)

Pete
14-05-2015, 09:55 PM
You know what I mean. In terms of fans and attendance we are a much bigger club than all of them. But they all sit in a higher league than us. I know there are many different reasons (and opinions) why this is but my general point is that having a bigger crowd doesn't necessarily bring success. Or if it does we would not have won at Ibrox twice this season - we were vastly outnumbered. I agree having a bigger crowd is obviously a good thing, but it has no bearing on the result, if it does why should we bother turning up at Ibrox, we'll be vastly outnumbered so we are beat before the game has kicked off.
So if over a season, bigger crowds haven't brought us success in the past, why do we think it will help in the playoffs. Lets just concentrate on playing our game, we don't need a big crowd to beat them.

(and if you work it out proportionately, on a ratio of cups to fans, most of them probably have won more cups than us)

No offence but you're looking too deeply into a different subject and are also ignoring other factors.

A supportive crowd helps players and that's pretty much the long and short of it as far as that's concerned. Every player and manager in the world will tell you this. People can bring up instances where teams with larger crowds have lost games but they are pretty much irrelevant.

Pete
14-05-2015, 09:56 PM
It's a simple matter of fairness

In a nutshell.

IWASTHERE1902
14-05-2015, 10:03 PM
No offence but you're looking too deeply into a different subject and are also ignoring other factors.

A supportive crowd helps players and that's pretty much the long and short of it as far as that's concerned. Every player and manager in the world will tell you this. People can bring up instances where teams with larger crowds have lost games but they are pretty much irrelevant.

I agree a supportive crowd must only help players. But equally if we go a goal down, are playing crap then players start to hide because they don't want the crowd to get on their backs. To counter your point I think some are looking too deeply into the effect a big home crowd will have on the result. I think we are a far better team than them, and if we play as well as we can the size of the crowd doesn't come into the result. I obviously want as big a crowd as possible, for atmosphere, finances etc, but just don't think it is that important on the result. I've never played the game at a high level but surely if you are playing against a team who has a big crowd in the stands shouting abuse at you and singing their bile songs, surely that must spur you on a bit wanting to stick it up them.

lord bunberry
14-05-2015, 10:56 PM
I've got a great idea, we tell rangers they're getting 400 tickets, if they want more they have to give us more. Seems fair to me.

shetlandhibee
14-05-2015, 11:12 PM
imo i think LD, will give them about 12- 1500 its not the 400 most want but(if its rankers we play)most would be happy with them at least 2k down on normal,and i think there would be a big late surge for home tickets as well(especially if we do them or draw on the wed):agree: my own thoughs on this is give them no more than 400!! GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
14-05-2015, 11:27 PM
I can't believe some folk on here talking about future repercussions if we limit their allocation! WTF how do some folk leave the house without worrying about what could possibly happen to them once outside.

Big_Franck
15-05-2015, 06:01 AM
It's a simple matter of fairness.

If Sevco want to give us as few as 950 tickets without even providing proper segregation to protect those Hibs fans who venture to Ibrox, then we should give them the same number in the South Upper.

I'd rather see the stadium a quarter empty than have one end full of bigots so that the SPFL can cash in and we're left with a token £15k.

Totally agree.

I'd understand the argument for giving them the full south should we stand to make a decent amount of money from it. With it being the play-offs its pennies so we should limit any possible advantage they might get from thousands of weegies off their head on buckie cheering on the new rangers.

It's a test of our board in my opinion. Maybe we are still too soft.

Ronniekirk
15-05-2015, 07:21 AM
Well Leeann said they would make a decision yesterday based on number of tickets sold ,so assume we will get an official statement from Hibs today on this Subject .

DH1875
15-05-2015, 07:28 AM
So Thursday has been and gone. How many they getting?
Also just a thought but what happens if its Queens? Say we cap the away support at 500, what's to stop Queens from saying that's no fair so their only giving us 500 instead of the usual 2.5k.

Ronniekirk
15-05-2015, 07:33 AM
So Thursday has been and gone. How many they getting?
Also just a thought but what happens if its Queens? Say we cap the away support at 500, what's to stop Queens from saying that's no fair so their only giving us 500 instead of the usual 2.5k.
They wouldn't sell that many to home fans so I don't think they will want to miss out on the income just to make a point

DH1875
15-05-2015, 07:34 AM
They wouldn't sell that many to home fans so I don't think they will want to miss out on the income just to make a point

Unlike us you mean ;)

green&left
15-05-2015, 08:08 AM

Both teams that have shown some balls and stuck it to the OF. Hearts cutting the huns this season and Aberdeen cutting the Sellicks from 4k to 1800.

Springbank
15-05-2015, 08:18 AM
Yep, pro rata number of tickets

2% of capacity for away fans

Oh and arrange the seats so that they are not bunched together & when the away fans sit in their allocated seats they spell out the word "cheats"

scoopyboy
15-05-2015, 08:29 AM
Well Leeann said they would make a decision yesterday based on number of tickets sold ,so assume we will get an official statement from Hibs today on this Subject .

If its based on the number of tickets sold yesterday there can only be one outcome.

Unless they give Rangers part of the West.:cb

KazHibby
15-05-2015, 08:30 AM
To bring this subject to its brutal conclusion, Hibs should announce zero allocation for the away supporters if the rankers qualify for the semi final play-off game!

oh and btw if the QOTS qualify they get the away stand!

Bring it on!!

:na na::na na::na na:

Andy74
15-05-2015, 08:45 AM
If its based on the number of tickets sold yesterday there can only be one outcome.

Unless they give Rangers part of the West.:cb

Yep, word I've had this morning is that sales are very poor and that there's only one decision to make.

The emtional repsonse of **** them is not going to be taken when you are then volunterring to be playing in a stadium with lots of empty seats. Just not going to happen.

Nando™
15-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Both teams that have shown some balls and stuck it to the OF. Hearts cutting the huns this season and Aberdeen cutting the Sellicks from 4k to 1800.

Not really, they were only cut because there was demand from their own fans.

Rory
15-05-2015, 08:55 AM

Well said. I think a reality check is required regarding the nuances of supply and demand for a sporting occasion. We can have that lot through in numbers and still turn them over. If clubs are going to play tit for tat over ticket numbers then the games f****d.

green&left
15-05-2015, 09:24 AM

There was only 16k at Pittodrie last week. 6000 spare seats...

Rory
15-05-2015, 09:30 AM
There was only 16k at Pittodrie last week. 6000 spare seats...

The plot thickens

marinello59
15-05-2015, 09:56 AM
The plot thickens

Aberdeen cut Celtics allocation thinking their own fans would make up the difference, it was nothing to do with having a go at Celtic for their Parkhead allocation. An expensive miscalculation it would seem.

Big_Franck
15-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Yep, word I've had this morning is that sales are very poor and that there's only one decision to make.

The emtional repsonse of **** them is not going to be taken when you are then volunterring to be playing in a stadium with lots of empty seats. Just not going to happen.

So we should allow nearly 4 thousand Rangers fans to attend one of our most important home games in years, for the sake of raking in a massive 15-20k? Incredibly short-sighted decision if true IMO.

Cabbage East
15-05-2015, 10:13 AM
So we should allow nearly 4 thousand Rangers fans to attend one of our most important home games in years, for the sake of raking in a massive 15-20k? Incredibly short-sighted decision if true IMO.

Agree. There is absolutely no justification for giving them the full stand if it is Rangers that make it through.

eastcoasthibby
15-05-2015, 10:16 AM

The 12+GRAND
it's equivalent of about 40 season tickets ...which is nothing in the grand scheme of things give them the bare minimum just as they are doing to us ...let's stop being walked over by the Glasgow Scottish football association ..they have no thought for us in this lets look at it the same way ...

marinello59
15-05-2015, 10:24 AM
I can't believe many people think that £12000 is an insignificant sum. In Scottish football it is anything but an insignificant sum. Personally I would prefer that for this one off game we don't give them the whole stand but to dismiss the financial hit so easily is bonkers.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 10:46 AM
I can't believe many people think that £12000 is an insignificant sum. In Scottish football it is anything but an insignificant sum. Personally I would prefer that for this one off game we don't give them the whole stand but to dismiss the financial hit so easily is bonkers.

I personally think it is insignificant to a club with finances like hibs.. But let's for arguments sake put that to one side. Why doesn't every home fan stick a quid donation in a box at the turnstiles for the club and that will more than cover it

kaimendhibs
15-05-2015, 10:48 AM
I personally think it is insignificant to a club with finances like hibs.. But let's for arguments sake put that to one side. Why doesn't every home fan stick a quid donation in a box at the turnstiles for the club and that will more than cover it

Sounds fair enough

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 10:53 AM
Sounds fair enough

I actually think it would be a bigger statement if we offered to take this out of the boards hands and do it as a support.. Leave the sfa under no illusion that we are willing to stand up to the of

Andy74
15-05-2015, 10:58 AM

That's the size of our away end though, I think we are radically changing our thinking of supporters at football matches at Easter Road if the intention is to provide the absolute minmium to try and get some sporting advantage.

It's not about the £15 to £20k.

Do we just do this for certain games? How much future revenue do you decide to take the hit on?

Do you really want to attend games in half empty stadiums if it can be helped?

Andy74
15-05-2015, 10:59 AM
I actually think it would be a bigger statement if we offered to take this out of the boards hands and do it as a support.. Leave the sfa under no illusion that we are willing to stand up to the of

We could always buy match tickets in half decent numbers??

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 11:02 AM
We could always by match tickets in half decent numbers??

Yeh but the debate at the moment is about cutting their allocation even if we don't sell out. My suggestion is a way around that..

Andy74
15-05-2015, 11:26 AM

By standing up to the OF do you mean showing them that you think your team and support are so weak that you need to protect them against having too many big, bad away fans to shout at them and put them off?

It's different if we want to sell tickets instead to our own support but cutting it to get an advantage of some sort, that is the very opposite of being strong for me.

We would also look extremely stupid if we got beat.

The fans have been teliing the players to man up for years and to perform and the support will follow. Now we are saying they need protected from playing in front of too many away fans? Strange.

Gatecrasher
15-05-2015, 11:27 AM
I agree with the opinion that if we cant sell our own end out then then the whole stand should go to Rangers on the basis that we are in the middle of a share issue (of sorts) and it would be stupid to ask for money one day and refuse it from else where the next

southern hibby
15-05-2015, 11:27 AM
That's the size of our away end though, I think we are radically changing our thinking of supporters at football matches at Easter Road if the intention is to provide the absolute minmium to try and get some sporting advantage.

Do we just do this for certain games? How much future revenue do you decide to take the hit on?

I see it as a statement of intent from our club/ board and us supporters that if clubs in Scotland are not interested in looking after Hibs fans and giving a fair allocation to said Hibs fans when we play that club,then your club will be treated with the contempt and due diligence it deserves.
Make no mistake we have outsung them at Ibrox every game this season and they are scared that 2-3000 hibs fans would show the TV viewers that there are better supporters than their bigots out there.
Please Hibs keep their allocation to a minimum and then they will start to think about their fans by giving us the allocations in the future we deserve.
GGTTH

Hermit Crab
15-05-2015, 11:36 AM

:agree: Just because the day trippers want to go this game it doesn't mean we're entitled to get more tickets just because they want to go. We've got 950. Get on with it. If you're lucky enough to get a ticket then great. If not then it's the tv.

We've only sold 5k for the home leg but some fans want to give the Huns 400 tickets?? That's madness. Show me the money I say. I'll happily collect their cash for 3800 tickets for the Dunbar end.

Waxy
15-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Give them the minimum like they do to us.
Giving them the whole south can only inspire them.We don't have to give them 4000.Lets give ourselves an advantage.

McSwanky
15-05-2015, 11:42 AM
The fans have been teliing the players to man up for years and to perform and the support will follow. Now we are saying they need protected from playing in front of too many away fans? Strange.

Andy,

I think it's a bit off to suggest that the two statements are coming from the same group of people. Too often on here I see people berating fellow fans for changing their story, when in fact it's just a symptom of a football fans' message board.

The nature of a place like this is that you'll get extreme views, and, depending on the circumstances, these views may be extremely positive, or extremely negative. Either way, they're one sided and less of a knee jerk than is often stated. e.g. Negative fans become more negative on a bad run and are therefore likely to post more. And vice versa.

To chuck a "the fans said this, now the fans say that, which is it?" statement around is, I think, a little off the mark.

Gatecrasher
15-05-2015, 11:43 AM
until this is full or nearly full there is little point in restricting access to Rangers.

Lucius Apuleius
15-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Not been to Ipox since the 80s and no intention of ever returning so they can stick their 900 tickets right up their jaxies. I cannot get overly excited as to how many tickets we give them for the ER game. I see both sides of the argument but really don't care if they have 3,800 or 900 or 380 or whatever. We rammed it up them when they had a near enough full end already.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 11:45 AM
By standing up to the OF do you mean showing them that you think your team and support are so weak that you need to protect them against having too many big, bad away fans to shout at them and put them off?

It's different if we want to sell tickets instead to our own support but cutting it to get an advantage of some sort, that is the very opposite of being strong for me.

We would also look extremely stupid if we got beat.

No I mean it as if they won't help supply our demand why should we supply theirs?

southern hibby
15-05-2015, 11:48 AM
:agree: Just because the day trippers want to go this game it doesn't mean we're entitled to get more tickets just because they want to go. We've got 950. Get on with it. If you're lucky enough to get a ticket then great. If not then it's the tv.

We've only sold 5k for the home leg but some fans want to give the Huns 400 tickets?? That's madness. Show me the money I say. I'll happily collect their cash for 3800 tickets for the Dunbar end.
Have, do you not think that when we asked for a bigger allocation for the last game at Ibrox it should have been turned down? Remember the tramps got a bigger allocation from them, yet when we ask for it it's turned down and their stadium is half empty. We will get a minimum amount from this and the more of them that turn up the more money other teams make from this. I firmly believe this is the time Hibs should start saying to Scottish teams we will not except your drivel and we will play you at your own game.
For me it's about the long term future by Hibs looking after Hibs fans

GGTTH

Big_Franck
15-05-2015, 11:52 AM

£12,000 is about 0.2% of our turnover. In my opinion that's an insignificant sum when you are talking about arguably our most important game of the season so far.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 11:55 AM

What about people that have been to every game at ibrox and many other grounds but won't have the opportunity this time?

Ozyhibby
15-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Hearts get a bigger allocation for Ibrox because they have shown the are willing to cut Rangers allocation for Tynecastle.
If we want the same treatment, we need to behave the same way.

Ozyhibby
15-05-2015, 11:56 AM
When is the announcement?

Big_Franck
15-05-2015, 11:57 AM

Yes. It's not a normal game. It's a two-legged tie that will be our most important home game of the season so far. Arguably one of our most important home games in years. Any advantage we can get is worth losing a few grand over in my opinion.

If we could fill the stadium without giving the away team an advantage, then i'd obviously be all for it.

Out of interest, if it's 'not about' the 15-20k, what is it about? Creating a better atmosphere by having more away fans?

Hermit Crab
15-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Have, do you not think that when we asked for a bigger allocation for the last game at Ibrox it should have been turned down? Remember the tramps got a bigger allocation from them, yet when we ask for it it's turned down and their stadium is half empty. We will get a minimum amount from this and the more of them that turn up the more money other teams make from this. I firmly believe this is the time Hibs should start saying to Scottish teams we will not except your drivel and we will play you at your own game.
For me it's about the long term future by Hibs looking after Hibs fans

GGTTH

It would be different if hibs fans were being put out. We are nowhere near to selling out the home leg so any fan that wants a ticket will get one. As for the away leg, for the last ten + years we've only got 900 or so from the except for two cup matches. The allocation we've been given shoukd come as no surprise and should have been expected.

Im all for looking after the fans but at the moment there are no fans to look after, they are all posted missing. Financial gains in ticket revenue need to be seriously looked at and the club should not cut their nose off because of this.

green&left
15-05-2015, 12:00 PM

As opposed to looking/listening to 4000 horrible noel hunts singing about being upto their knees in certain blood types, anti Irish racism, pro Ulster loyalism plus all their other pishy british nonsense they like to sing about, then in a nutshell, aye.

You do it for this game 'cos of the importance of it and because its a one-off. And because they refused our increase of allocation despite giving Hertz more. Give them the full end for league matches and cup matches.

Brightside
15-05-2015, 12:00 PM

doubtful when they all complain about paying £15.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2015, 12:01 PM
What about people that have been to every game at ibrox and many other grounds but won't have the opportunity this time?

If they've been to every game and many other grounds they will have the points. We couldn't even shift 700 for Dumbarton near the end of the season.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Hearts get a bigger allocation for Ibrox because they have shown the are willing to cut Rangers allocation for Tynecastle.
If we want the same treatment, we need to behave the same way.

Complete rubbish. You're saying hearts gave Rangers less so hearts could get more.

Alex Trager
15-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Leann said last night they will not consider this unless there is demand from us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 12:06 PM
If they've been to every game and many other grounds they will have the points. We couldn't even shift 700 for Dumbarton near the end of the season.

Not what I said... I know lads who travel to most if not all away games including ibrox 3 times that aren't entitled to a ticket this time... And yes they were also at Dumbarton. We can sell more than 900 for ibrox as we could have the last time the refused us more. Time we done something about it

Hermit Crab
15-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Not what I said... I know lads who travel to most if not all away games including ibrox 3 times that aren't entitled to a ticket this time... And yes they were also at Dumbarton. We can sell more than 900 for ibrox as we could have the last time the refused us more. Time we done something about it

Like what?

For the folk that aren't entitiled to a ticket due to lack of points is basically tough. They all knew the points system was coming in for games like this. We were all pre warned this might happen for small away allocations and it was up to us, the fans to get our points tally up. 6000 did and only 900 will be lucky enough to get a ticket. I myself might miss out despite having 335 points. Just the way it goes.

EH54
15-05-2015, 12:13 PM

Chances are if they aren't ST holders and aren't on or over 180 points then even if we had a larger allocation they still wouldn't be high enough on the loyalty point scheme for a ticket we were never going to get what we got in the SC i was hoping more along the lines of 2-3k though.

I would cut there allocation to the minimum but to be fair i really couldn't give a.....:thumbsup:

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 12:14 PM
[/B]

Like what?

For the folk that aren't entitiled to a ticket due to lack of points is basically tough. They all new the points system was coming in for games like this. We were all pre warned this might happen for small away allocations and it was up to us, the fans to get our points tally up. 6000 did and only 900 will be lucky enough to get a ticket. I myself might miss out despite having 335 points. Just the way it goes.

So we shouldn't be pressurising rangers to give us more tickets? OK mate but my point about these lads was in response to your day trippers statement.. Maybe we should just roll over and take it from rangers eh?? Attitudes like that is why Scottish football will never change.. Should the second biggest ground we can visit really leave us with one of the smaller ticket allocations??