PDA

View Full Version : Rangers allocation at ER

Pages : 1 [2]

JimBHibees
15-05-2015, 12:16 PM
It would be different if hibs fans were being put out. We are nowhere near to selling out the home leg so any fan that wants a ticket will get one. As for the away leg, for the last ten + years we've only got 900 or so from the except for two cup matches. The allocation we've been given shoukd come as no surprise and should have been expected.

Im all for looking after the fans but at the moment there are no fans to look after, they are all posted missing. Financial gains in ticket revenue need to be seriously looked at and the club should not cut their nose off because of this.

Maybe they will be in a weeks time though.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Maybe they will be in a weeks time though.

Aye, chances.

JimBHibees
15-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Aye, chances.

Why not? Most will likely only buy when they know who we are playing against and when the hype about the game starts. Maybe by next Wednesday, predictions about the crowd will be different. Personally think the three home stands will be pretty full and close to sell out.

marinello59
15-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Not what I said... I know lads who travel to most if not all away games including ibrox 3 times that aren't entitled to a ticket this time... And yes they were also at Dumbarton. We can sell more than 900 for ibrox as we could have the last time the refused us more. Time we done something about it

Maybe the club could introduce a loyalty scheme. Hold on......

EH54
15-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Why not? Most will likely only buy when they know who we are playing against and when the hype about the game starts. Maybe by next Wednesday, predictions about the crowd will be different. Personally think the three home stands will be pretty full and close to sell out.

think your right

Many i think will wait untill after the result comes in on Wednesday night good result massive crowd...

Hermit Crab
So we shouldn't be pressurising rangers to give us more tickets? OK mate but my point about these lads was in response to your day trippers statement.. Maybe we should just roll over and take it from rangers eh?? Attitudes like that is why Scottish football will never change.. Should the second biggest ground we can visit really leave us with one of the smaller ticket allocations??

We can pressure them until we are blue in the face. We won't get anymore tickets from them. Last league match they refused to give us more. No chance this time round. They will want their stadium full of home fans.

Nothing wrong with my attitude. We always get 900 from them. I've been at Ibrox when there was only 250 of us there on a Wednesday night. I didn't hear anyone complain then, we even won 0-3 that night. Cutting their allocation hurts us financially and should be a non starter imo.

southern hibby
It would be different if hibs fans were being put out. We are nowhere near to selling out the home leg so any fan that wants a ticket will get one. As for the away leg, for the last ten + years we've only got 900 or so from the except for two cup matches. The allocation we've been given shoukd come as no surprise and should have been expected.

Im all for looking after the fans but at the moment there are no fans to look after, they are all posted missing. Financial gains in ticket revenue need to be seriously looked at and the club should not cut their nose off because of this.
You seem to be missing the point. This season we have played well and have asked for a bigger allocation at Ibrox, we were turned down.
If AS makes us a force to be reckoned with, then we will struggle to get tickets to Ibrox if we don't start looking after our fans. If we don't make a stand now when it's the least chance of loosing money, when will we???

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Maybe the club could introduce a loyalty scheme. Hold on......

If you read the context it was in response to a day trippers comment..

JimBHibees
15-05-2015, 12:23 PM
think your right

Many i think will wait untill after the result comes in on Wednesday night good result massive crowd...

I think sales will pick up on Monday after our opponents are known. Good result on Wednesday will increase that.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 12:25 PM
We can pressure them until we are blue in the face. We won't get anymore tickets from them. Last league match they refused to give us more. No chance this time round. They will want their stadium full of home fans.

Nothing wrong with my attitude. We always get 900 from them. I've been at Ibrox when there was only 250 of us there on a Wednesday night. I didn't hear anyone complain then, we even won 0-3 that night. Cutting their allocation hurts us financially and should be a non starter imo.

Yes I always go to ibrox too. Financially hurt us?? Get a grip. I'm sure the club can come up with ways of raising 15k. Think it's about time to stop relying on a stand full of bigots for our income if that is indeed the case.. Unless obviously the media are right and we need the o.f to survive

Andy74
15-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Yes I always go to ibrox too. Financially hurt us?? Get a grip. I'm sure the club can come up with ways of raising 15k. Think it's about time to stop relying on a stand full of bigots for our income if that is indeed the case.. Unless obviously the media are right and we need the o.f to survive

Just to take that point in isoaltion, Rangers, or any away support, that bring 4,000 twice a season brings us in around £225,000.

That's two players at £2k a week for a year.

I'd say that's quite decent for our income. Sure, we could do without it, we could do without those players.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2015, 12:32 PM
From Rangers media.

I've been told hibs have asked the police if they can give us just the rear of the stand we normally get, police will have final say. Guy who runs my bus told me this pretty sure info comes from our ticket office.

marinello59
15-05-2015, 12:33 PM

So a professional football club should look at other ways of raising income instead of people paying to watch. We are always looking to raise money in other ways because the gate money alone isn't enough but it is our main source of income. Unless Hibs fans are paying in large enough numbers we will always need away fans to contribute.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Just to take that point in isoaltion, Rangers, or any away support, that bring 4,000 twice a season brings us in around £225,000.

That's two players at £2k a week for a year.

I'd say that's quite decent for our income. Sure, we could do without it, we could do without those players.

So we do rely on the o.f then?? Maybe I'm in the minority but I would rather we told them to ram their money. I suppose you would be against a league setup without them should that opportunity ever arise?

Hermit Crab
15-05-2015, 12:36 PM

Its not that easy to raise money. The fans run out of cash eventually!

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 12:36 PM
So a professional football club should look at other ways of raising income instead of people paying to watch. We are always looking to raise money in other ways because the gate money alone isn't enough but it is our main source of income. Unless Hibs fans are paying in large enough numbers we will always need away fans to contribute.

Why dont we just give them the whole East then? if we want to rely on them so much why stop at 4k? Go down the Killie route and move St holders out their seat to maximise income

matty_f
15-05-2015, 12:40 PM
So we do rely on the o.f then?? Maybe I'm in the minority but I would rather we told them to ram their money. I suppose you would be against a league setup without them should that opportunity ever arise?

Who are we going to rely on if we can't rely on our own fans?

We've had a good number of instances of 'Hibs better do this or else...' situations over the last while, I think folk could take a step back and acknowledge that sometimes we are putting the club in a no-win situation and instead of making demands recognise that we can do something to help.

In this case, it's easy. Sell out the game early. Make it easy for Hibs to give Rangers a couple of hundred tickets. It would be brilliant to pump them with three and three-quarters of Easter Road full of Hibees.

Can you imagine the atmosphere?!

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 12:42 PM
Who are we going to rely on if we can't rely on our own fans?

We've had a good number of instances of 'Hibs better do this or else...' situations over the last while, I think folk could take a step back and acknowledge that sometimes we are putting the club in a no-win situation and instead of making demands recognise that we can do something to help.

In this case, it's easy. Sell out the game early. Make it easy for Hibs to give Rangers a couple of hundred tickets. It would be brilliant to pump them with three and three-quarters of Easter Road full of Hibees.

Can you imagine the atmosphere?!

I agree and my tickets are purchased.

Cod Boy
15-05-2015, 12:42 PM
People have been saying that Scottish football dosent need. Rangers and Celtic. We don't need there money etc etc. Now we have a chance to tell them to gtf and some fans now saying we need the cash.

Andy74
15-05-2015, 12:43 PM

I think this conversation is now extrapolating some of the points quite a bit away from the one at hand.

To take your point though, we rely on ticket money, wherever it comes from, to pay for the players we want, its as simple as that. If a team want to bring fans and we have room in our away end we should do that. I would not be in favour of turning over other areas of the ground though, so there is a natural limit there.

I think a league without them would work, it could be more competitive at the top end and that could increase crowds in time. What would we do if the likes of Aberdeen or Dundee United came to us for as league decider though and we, for some reason, weren't selling out our end. Would we cut their allocation anyway in case they gave too much support to their team?

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 12:44 PM
People have been saying that Scottish football dosent need. Rangers and Celtic. We don't need there money etc etc. Now we have a chance to tell them to gtf and some fans now saying we need the cash.

Exactly mate.. OK home fans aren't going to miss out but action to maybe stand up for guys that want an ibrox ticket and can't get one because rangers won't negotiate would be a good statement to make imo

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 12:46 PM
I think this conversation is now extrapolating some of the points quite a bit away from the one at hand.

To take your point though, we rely on ticket money, wherever it comes from, to pay for the players we want, its as simple as that. If a team want to bring fans and we have room in our away end we should do that. I would not be in favour of turning over other areas of the ground though, so there is a natural limit there.

I think a league without them would work, it could be more competitive at the top end and that could increase crowds in time. What would we do if the likes of Aberdeen or Dundee United came to us for as league decider though and we, for some reason, weren't selling out our end. Would we cut their allocation anyway in case they gave too much support to their team?

No but I.would like to think we would cut it if they didn't offer a similar percentage of their stadium for away fans if the demand was there

silverhibee
15-05-2015, 01:09 PM
I can't believe many people think that £12000 is an insignificant sum. In Scottish football it is anything but an insignificant sum. Personally I would prefer that for this one off game we don't give them the whole stand but to dismiss the financial hit so easily is bonkers.

Bit like saying what a waste of money by the club letting the players go to Malaga for a weeks training when we have a state of the art training centre on our front door that we own.

If 12k means that much to Hibs at this moment then going abroad to train is surely a expenditure that should have been saved when we have our own state of the art training facilities. :cb :greengrin

marinello59
15-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Why dont we just give them the whole East then? if we want to rely on them so much why stop at 4k? Go down the Killie route and move St holders out their seat to maximise income

Did I come anywhere near suggesting we do anything like that?

marinello59
15-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Bit like saying what a waste of money by the club letting the players go to Malaga for a weeks training when we have a state of the art training centre on our front door that we own.

If 12k means that much to Hibs at this moment then going abroad to train is surely a expenditure that should have been saved when we have our own state of the art training facilities. :cb :greengrin

There is no connection To be made between the two. But you know that already. :greengrin

silverhibee
15-05-2015, 01:35 PM

But the Rangers won't do it for us, we asked for more tickets for the last game at Ibrox and there was plenty room to accommodate more away fans but they turned us down and used the excuse that Scottish Police couldn't handle any more away fans on that night, but hey, lets sort the yams out and they can bring 2000 to Ibrox, what the f*** are Scottish Police thinking here, lets hope Scottish Police take the same stance for only a small amount of Rangers fans in the Capital if we happen to play them.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Did I come anywhere near suggesting we do anything like that?

No mate not suggesting that... What I was saying that if we want to male money from them above all else why don't we take that approach? I really would prefer to shaft them every which way we can though. Maybe just maybe fans would return with kids etc if not bombarded with sectarian bile and abuse from 3500 of them

Bad Martini
15-05-2015, 01:43 PM
By standing up to the OF do you mean showing them that you think your team and support are so weak that you need to protect them against having too many big, bad away fans to shout at them and put them off?

NOT what anyone has said. What WAS said is quite simple and quite clear and any amount of smart arsed replies like this doesn't change the stance others take. The point is this;

Rangers are giving us a percentage of their seats.
We should give them the SAME percentage of ours.
Simples?

Nothing to DO with their intimidation or being big bad manky huns, even though they are. A matter of fairness. They have previous; last time we asked or more tickets, they told us to **** off. So, we are entitled to be pissed off and give them what they give us....

It's different if we want to sell tickets instead to our own support but cutting it to get an advantage of some sort, that is the very opposite of being strong for me.

It's NOT to do with what we do with our fans at home. It's what they are giving us at their ****hole dump of a ground.

We would also look extremely stupid if we got beat.

Indeed. Lets hope that doesn't happen so you cant say I told you so then?

The fans have been teliing the players to man up for years and to perform and the support will follow. Now we are saying they need protected from playing in front of too many away fans? Strange.

And rightly so. For many reasons, we had players who lacked balls and interest yet took a wage in the name of fitba. But, thats not the point here as I've said umpteen times.

Both matters are NOT intrexicably linked.

It's possible for us not to be feard of their initmidatory and biggoted tactics and just looking to achieve parity.

Someone else hit the nail square on the heid earlier........if the rangers increase our allocation, we will match it. That's fair is it not?

:agree:

Since90+2
15-05-2015, 01:46 PM
NOT what anyone has said. What WAS said is quite simple and quite clear and any amount of smart arsed replies like this doesn't change the stance others take. The point is this;

Simples?

Nothing to DO with their intimidation or being big bad manky huns, even though they are. A matter of fairness. They have previous; last time we asked or more tickets, they told us to **** off. So, we are entitled to be pissed off and give them what they give us....

It's NOT to do with what we do with our fans at home. It's what they are giving us at their ****hole dump of a ground.

And rightly so. For many reasons, we had players who lacked balls and interest yet took a wage in the name of fitba. But, thats not the point here as I've said umpteen times.

It's possible for us not to be feard of their initmidatory and biggoted tactics and just looking to achieve parity.

Someone else hit the nail square on the heid earlier........if the rangers increase our allocation, we will match it. That's fair is it not?

This 100%.

Andy74
15-05-2015, 02:06 PM

Simples?

I think if we were going to talk about fairness and consistency then Rangers would have a case of setting out in recent seasons what our demand and take up has been and what theirs has been at Easter Road.

There has been the odd game we could have taken more than allocated but not many.

They haven't done anyhting here that is a change, this is a key thing, so I'm not sure we have anyhting to respond to.

For some this was about showing we were strong and standing up to them. I think it would show that we are weak if we were to choose having empty seats over them having fans attending.

Since90+2
15-05-2015, 02:09 PM
I think if we were going to talk about fairness and consistency then Rangers would have a case of setting out in recent seasons what our demand and take up has been and what theirs has been at Easter Road.

There has been the odd game we could have taken more than allocated but not many.

They haven't done anyhting here that is a change, this is a key thing, so I'm not sure we have anyhting to respond to.

This isnt a normal game though so past matches are irrelevant.

We could have sold 3000-4000 for the away leg at Ibrox. If they don't want to give us that then fine, but we should reciprocate with the same percentage for them at ER.

Andy74
15-05-2015, 02:24 PM

We could have sold 3000-4000 for the away leg at Ibrox. If they don't want to give us that then fine, but we should reciprocate with the same percentage for them at ER.

So because they won't increase, we should decrease? Is that right?

They are saying they are treating this on same basis as league game. Us reciprocating would be doing exactly the same as we do for them for league games.

They are also deciding it on basis they think they (don't know if they will or not) can sell to their fans, we would be decreasing just as a reaction and we would have empty seats instead.

JimBHibees
15-05-2015, 02:26 PM

They are saying they are treating this on same basis as league game. Us reciprocating would be doing exactly the same as we do for them for league games.

They are also deciding it on basis they think they (don't know if they will or not) can sell to their fans, we would be decreasing just as a reaction and we would have empty seats instead.

Rangers clearly had empty seats when they refused our request for an increase for the 0-2 League game even though they had granted Hearts one a couple of weeks earlier.

Andy74
15-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Rangers clearly had empty seats when they refused our request for an increase for the 0-2 League game even though they had granted Hearts one a couple of weeks earlier.

We should also refuse any request for an increase this time. :greengrin

Since90+2
15-05-2015, 02:31 PM

Your middle paragraph is nonsense.

'They' are treating it as a normal league game because it benefits them. They are fully aware a crowd of 3500 Hibees could have an impact on the atmosphere at the game at Ibrox.

Are you saying you agree with the currents its a normal league game? To even suggest so is ridiculous. This is a monumental game for both clubs that will have a huge impact on the path the loser/winner goes down over the next few years.

Big_Franck
15-05-2015, 02:36 PM

That is one of the reasons to reduce their allocation, yes. The second is to limit the support rangers players get in a huge home game for us.

When you look at the pittance we stand to lose it's not even a difficult decision in my opinion.

JimBHibees
15-05-2015, 02:37 PM
We should also refuse any request for an increase this time. :greengrin

Goes without saying. :greengrin

Andy74
15-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Your middle paragraph is nonsense.

'They' are treating it as a normal league game because it benefits them. They are fully aware a crowd of 3500 Hibees could have an impact on the atmosphere at the game at Ibrox.

Are you saying you agree with the currents its a normal league game? To even suggest so is ridiculous. This is a monumental game for both clubs that will have a huge impact on the path the loser/winner goes down over the next few years.

I don't know what their thinking behind it was but the outcome is that they are treating it like a league game allocation wise.

Is everyone who has been saying this is an extension to league season and should be on season ticket being ridiculous?

You can get league deciders or promotion or relegation deciders all the time in regular league games so its far more like that than a cup game and the real issue is what is in the rules.

It's not a league game, it's also not a cup game, it is a play off game.

I'm frankly amazed at how sensitive we are getting now to how crowds affect games. It's not that when we have a more than half empty stadium every week.

Gatecrasher
15-05-2015, 02:42 PM

Why though? We aren't even selling out our own stands as it is. We have beat rangers plenty of times with that away end full and we'll do it again. Rangers will probably sell out ibrox, it's not looking likely we will do the same at ER as much as I would love to see it.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Why though? We aren't even selling out our own stands as it is. We have beat rangers plenty of times with that away end full and we'll do it again. Rangers will probably sell out ibrox, it's not looking likely we will do the same at ER as much as I would love to see it.

In my eyes the home leg is irrelevant. We should make the decision because the demand is there it seems for the away leg and they aren't negotiating so there should be consequences for them for that from our club

Gatecrasher
15-05-2015, 02:49 PM
In my eyes the home leg is irrelevant. We should make the decision because the demand is there it seems for the away leg and they aren't negotiating so there should be consequences for them for that from our club
But they are almost guaranteed to sell out ibrox for this game, we can't say the same for ER. There is no reason for them to negotiate.

Big_Franck
15-05-2015, 02:59 PM
But they are almost guaranteed to sell out ibrox for this game, we can't say the same for ER. There is no reason for them to negotiate.

If we just accept the 900 and roll over and give them 3700 then you are right, they have no reason to negotiate whatsoever.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:00 PM

Exactly so cutting their allocation might just give them that reason to think about

Gatecrasher
15-05-2015, 03:06 PM
If we just accept the 900 and roll over and give them 3700 then you are right, they have no reason to negotiate whatsoever.
Roll over what? we always get the same allocation sometimes we sell out sometimes we don't, rangers haven't done anything different.

Exactly so cutting their allocation might just give them that reason to think about
Why should we cut their allocation and Turn away people and money when the club are currently trying to get money from the fans in a share issue, it makes my HSL contributions void if they do that.

What's the point in me contributing when the club turns away cash?

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Roll over what? we always get the same allocation sometimes we sell out sometimes we don't, rangers haven't done anything different.

Why should we cut their allocation and Turn away people and money when the club are currently trying to get money from the fans in a share issue, it makes my HSL contributions void.

The fact that 12k is minimal in our clubs finances... Imo. Like a said 1 pound a head at the home game would be all that is needed.. It is money we have never had and if we weren't playing the rangers would never have anyway.

Pete
15-05-2015, 03:09 PM
cut their allocation.

END OF

Gatecrasher
15-05-2015, 03:11 PM
The fact that 12k is minimal in our clubs finances... Imo. Like a said 1 pound a head at the home game would be all that is needed.. It is money we have never had and if we weren't playing the rangers would never have anyway.

12k is 12k that could pay someone's wages for 6 months. Again though what's the point in asking for the fans to buy shares when we are refusing ticket sales. That would be mental.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:11 PM
I actually think there is a lot to be gained if our club were pioneers in promoting youth and home grown players and not money chasing at every opportunity.. We would all love a league without the scar of the old firm. That would never be workable with the current we need their income attitudes

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:12 PM
12k is 12k that could pay someone's wages for 6 months. Again though what's the point in asking for the fans to buy shares when we are refusing ticket sales. That would be mental.

Who's wages? This game was never in the budgets.

And back.to my earlier point. If it's mental then since we are not selling many tickets why don't we maximise income and give them the whole East instead??

Gatecrasher
15-05-2015, 03:17 PM
Do you not think the club have overheads to buy or staff to pay?

The play offs were always likely this season and whether we budget for it or not whilst the money is minimal I think it would be a bit of a slap to ask fans to buy shares and then turn away ticket sales when there is a demand.

Until we even look like selling a decent amount of tickets in our own end of the stadium there is no point cutting their allocation.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:20 PM

The play offs were always likely this season and whether we budget for it or not whilst the money is minimal I think it would be a bit of a slap to ask fans to buy shares and then turn away ticket sales when there is a demand.

Until we even look like selling a decent amount of tickets in our own end of the stadium there is no point cutting their allocation.

Yes I know they have overheads I'm just wondering who we are likely to lose out on for an extra 1k a week salary that we haven't budgeted for.

And have we just to ignore the fact that they are refusing to negotiate when there are going to be a lot of fans missing out on away tickets?!

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:21 PM

We turn away tickets every cat a game we don't sell out?! Should we open up other parts of the stadium to away fans then?

Gatecrasher
15-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Yes I know they have overheads I'm just wondering who we are likely to lose out on for an extra 1k a week salary that we haven't budgeted for.

And have we just to ignore the fact that they are refusing to negotiate when there are going to be a lot of fans missing out on away tickets?!
Are they refusing to negotiate or do they just not need to? If they sell out ibrox, which they probably will. What's the issue? Do you not think their fans would be angry if they missed out because they gave extra tickets to us?

When our tickets have been on sale for over a week and no section has sold out yet.

These are just the normal allocations for each team.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Are they refusing to negotiate or do they just not need to? If they sell out ibrox, which they probably will. What's the issue? Do you not think their fans would be angry if they missed out because they gave extra tickets to us?

When our tickets have been on sale for over a week and no section has sold out yet.

These are just the normal allocations for each team.

They would be angry at the moment because there is no consequences. should we not be angry they didn't give us more tickets when they never sold out? Is it not about time we asked for a fair share instead of treating them like some more entitled being?

Gatecrasher
15-05-2015, 03:29 PM
They would be angry at the moment because there is no consequences. should we not be angry they didn't give us more tickets when they never sold out? Is it not about time we asked for a fair share instead of treating them like some more entitled being?
I'm sorry but wtf are you talking about more entitled, most of the time we barely sell out our allocation at ibrox and they more or less fill that stand every single time. That's just the way it's been since the new stand was built.

scoopyboy
15-05-2015, 03:29 PM

And back.to my earlier point. If it's mental then since we are not selling many tickets why don't we maximise income and give them the whole East instead??

100% wrong.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:32 PM
100% wrong.

So we gamble our budgets on having at least one cat a playoff? I don't believe that for a minute.

Pete
15-05-2015, 03:33 PM
100% wrong.

Was the third/fourth game also in the budget?

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm sorry but wtf are you talking about more entitled, most of the time we barely sell out our allocation at ibrox and they more or less fill that stand every single time. That's just the way it's been since the new stand was built.

For one off games like this we always sell a bigger allocation ( see previous Scottish cup games) when we need more tickets if they say we are only getting a small percentage of their stadium why should they be entitled to more? This is a funny one off as it will have happened twice in one season?

scoopyboy
15-05-2015, 03:34 PM
So we gamble our budgets on having at least one cat a playoff? I don't believe that for a minute.

Ask. Leeann Dempster, it was her that said it and to be honest I believe her over you.

No offence intended.

scoopyboy
15-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Was the third/fourth game also in the budget?

No idea, you would have to ask Leeann.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:36 PM

Sorry to quote my own post but that would be like budgeting for a home draw against a cat a team in the cup. Not to.mention surely the extra income from the semi would already have offset the 12k difference

Gatecrasher
15-05-2015, 03:37 PM
For one off games like this we always sell a bigger allocation ( see previous Scottish cup games) when we need more tickets if they say we are only getting a small percentage of their stadium why should they be entitled to more? This is a funny one off as it will have happened twice in one season?
I can only think of 2 times hibs have been given a bigger allocation at ibrox, rangers allocation at ER hasn't changed at all, they aren't getting any more than usual.

Pete
15-05-2015, 03:38 PM
No idea, you would have to ask Leeann.

If I get the chance I'll ask her something else:

What's more important...cutting their allocation or £12 grand?

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Ask. Leeann Dempster, it was her that said it and to be honest I believe her over you.

No offence intended.

None taken. I admit my financial insight is pure guesswork but surely we wouldn't have budgeted for a hampden visit lol. And if we did have that level of faith maybe the board should open an account with our new league sponsors 😂

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:40 PM
I can only think of 2 times hibs have been given a bigger allocation at ibrox, rangers allocation at ER hasn't changed at all, they aren't getting any more than usual.

Does that make it right because it has always been that way? Maybe we should just let the o.f bleed Scottish football because they have always done it

Gatecrasher
15-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Does that make it right because it has always been that way? Maybe we should just let the o.f bleed Scottish football because they have always done it

It's right if we can't sell out our own ground, if we were heading for a sell out the stand would be split in 2, but it's not.

HH81
15-05-2015, 03:45 PM
100% wrong.

So we are budgeting for games we may not be part of?

What kind of a way to run things is that? Shocker.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:46 PM
It's right if we can't sell out our own ground, if we were heading for a sell out the stand would be split in 2, but it's not.

So we should do nothing about the fact they are and have refused to give us a fair amount for our demand.. Maybe we should accept the fact our stadium is too big for our support. does that mean the support we do have should suffer because of that?

Kato
15-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Rangers would have a case of setting out in recent seasons what our demand and take up has been and what theirs has been at Easter Road.

Just pointing out this is the first season we've ever played against this club. They've had empty seats in their end at every game at Ibrox and at every game there we could have done with some more.

Pete
15-05-2015, 03:48 PM

We're still playing the game anyway and will make money...It will maybe be 12 grand less, that's all.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Just pointing out this is the first season we've ever played against this club. They've had empty seats in their end at every game at Ibrox and at every game there we could have done with some more.

True. But even if you do include their oldco sectarian brothers there have been a number of times.over the years we could have sold more tickets but haven't been given the chance

silverhibee
15-05-2015, 03:49 PM

:confused:

They haven't even come close to it in the last 3 games at Ibrox against us, or do you say that because it is a massive game for them in the play off and they might sell out against Hibs, a bit like if Hibs fans find out it is Rangers we play there will be a massive rush for tickets on the Monday at the ticket office and you never no we might sell out our end and hopefully have to open the away stand because of the demand by Hibs fans for tickets.

It's maybe sad to say that the same won't happen if it is QOTS but i still think as always when we are needed we turn out in numbers and we will still get a good crowd for that game but it won't be the same demand if it is the Rangers.

Not everyone buys there tickets 10 days before a game, and as it goes I'm sure there is a lot of folk waiting to see who we play against, which is a shame.

Oh by the way, they only deserve the smallest amount of tickets we are allowed to give them. :greengrin

Andy74
15-05-2015, 03:49 PM

A budget is an estimate isn't it? Certainly in the past Hibs also used to budget for reaching the quarter finals of each cup competition. If you beat the estimate you have more leeway, if you go below it then you start to lose some money.

We did want the club to be ambitious and stretch the budget as much as we could.

scoopyboy
15-05-2015, 03:50 PM
None taken. I admit my financial insight is pure guesswork but surely we wouldn't have budgeted for a hampden visit lol. And if we did have that level of faith maybe the board should open an account with our new league sponsors 

I don't think they would have budgeted for a cup run that went to Hampden but I do know that given the semi final draw they were gutted not to reach the final.

Going back to our original exchange, someone (don't know who) put it to Leeann that we wouldn't have budgeted for the play offs. She replied that was wrong and then went on to explain that obviously everyone wanted Hibs to win the league but financially she argued that winning the league or being in the play offs wouldn't be an enormous financial difference.

scoopyboy
15-05-2015, 03:52 PM

I've explained at #325. If you have any gripe with that then I suggest you take it up directly with Hibs.

Peevemor
1500 tickets for away support confirmed on official site.

silverhibee

Why should we cut their allocation and Turn away people and money when the club are currently trying to get money from the fans in a share issue, it makes my HSL contributions void if they do that.

What's the point in me contributing when the club turns away cash?

That's been spent on a trip to Spain. :greengrin

Andy74
15-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Looks like hibs have gone most of the way to what some of you want. :greengrin

Since90+2
15-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Well done Leanne and the board.

Finally we have someone who listens to the support and isn't scared to be bullied by the OF.

We will fill this or be very close to it.

Since90+2
15-05-2015, 03:55 PM

Looks like your "source" from earlier today was talking absolute Tom Kite.

scoopyboy
15-05-2015, 03:56 PM

I wonder if this is an opening gambit in a bid to get more tickets for Ibrox.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 03:57 PM
I don't think they would have budgeted for a cup run that went to Hampden but I do know that given the semi final draw they were gutted not to reach the final.

Going back to our original exchange, someone (don't know who) put it to Leeann that we wouldn't have budgeted for the play offs. She replied that was wrong and then went on to explain that obviously everyone wanted Hibs to win the league but financially she argued that winning the league or being in the play offs wouldn't be an enormous financial difference.

Thanks for the info mate. I suppose it makes sense if that's the case. Budgeting for coming no worse than fourth is less of a gamble. Although this is hibs

davcar
15-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Hibs have done their part so now everyone should be proving them right by going, filling the East, West and FF so we can start filling out allocation in the South!

HH81
15-05-2015, 04:01 PM
I've explained at #325. If you have any gripe with that then I suggest you take it up directly with Hibs.

I will do cheers for the info.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Hats off hibs.. Hopefully we now go on to sell out. Even if it drives the newhuns into a rethink I would reckon a good decision

Gatecrasher
15-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Decision made, fair enough. Hope the Hibs fans turn up in numbers to justify this.

Pete
15-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Decision made, fair enough. Hope the Hibs fans turn up in numbers to justify this.

We don't have to justify this. Rangers pitiful allocation was reason enough.

Andy74
15-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Looks like your "source" from earlier today was talking absolute Tom Kite.

The source, who is a source and not a "source" is right about the ticket sales being poor and that on that basis there should have been one outcome on this. As of this morning that was the decision they were expecting. The board have obviously been persuaded otherwise.

Hopefully as a support we can respond as I think the board are taking a bit of a flier on this one.

Andy74
15-05-2015, 04:07 PM
I wonder if this is an opening gambit in a bid to get more tickets for Ibrox.

There could well have been that sort of conversation. You could very well see this unfold in a couple of other parts - Rangers are able to sell more to Hibs fans and then Rangers can release more to Hibs.

Guess it depends on sales.

renato
15-05-2015, 04:09 PM
This game will be close to a sell out, if not a full house, regardless of whether it's queens and even more so if it's Sevco, especially with the decision to limit their allocation.

Sales may have been slow to date but the game is still a while away and will definitely pick up in the run up to the day. The board know this and Leanne has acted accordingly. Well done.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2015, 04:11 PM
FFS Hibs, why are we not maximizing the amount of money we could make here, £15-20k is a lot of money? :wink:

Thecat23
15-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Look if they give us a handful of tickets we should simply do the same back. If they gave us a lot more then again we will do the same. Simple as that.

I don't think it matters if the stadium is full or empty, we will either be up for it and win or we will lose. Let's hope we win and get to the final of the play offs!

Lucius Apuleius
15-05-2015, 04:32 PM
I would be absolutely raging if we had not budgeted for this game. Akin to saying we didn't expect to get at least fourth.

shetlandhibee
15-05-2015, 04:39 PM
:cb GGTTH
imo i think LD, will give them about 12- 1500 its not the 400 most want but(if its rankers we play)most would be happy with them at least 2k down on normal,and i think there would be a big late surge for home tickets as well(especially if we do them or draw on the wed):agree: my own thoughs on this is give them no more than 400!! GGTTH

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 04:44 PM
I would be absolutely raging if we had not budgeted for this game. Akin to saying we didn't expect to get at least fourth.

I was meaning budgeted for the extra 12k a full away stand would bring. not the playoff in general. But it was cleared up further up that it was playoffs in general that were budgeted for

My_Wife_Camille
15-05-2015, 04:47 PM
I can only assume that Dempster sought approval from Andy74 before going ahead with these drastic plans? With the money that we will now lose out on on ticket sales (after the SPFL get their hand on their share) I can see a very bleak financial future for the club. The fear of administration and liquidation could soon become a reality and for what? An ego trip IMO.

Paisley Hibby
15-05-2015, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure I can go. But I've still bought a ticket for this game to support our club. I realise not everyone can afford to do that but if you can please do!!

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 04:55 PM
I just had a look on rangers media.. Seemingly we would never cut them as they are a cash cow and we are a cowardly wee taig club.... Well you bunch of glory hunting bassas.. Get it right round ye

Ozyhibby
15-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Great decision by the club. Leeann is getting a lot of things right these days.

Golden Bear
15-05-2015, 05:04 PM
I can only assume that Dempster sought approval from Andy74 before going ahead with these drastic plans? With the money that we will now lose out on on ticket sales (after the SPFL get their hand on their share) I can see a very bleak financial future for the club. The fear of administration and liquidation could soon become a reality and for what? An ego trip IMO.

Aye, so ye say.

IanM
15-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Great decision by the club. Leeann is getting a lot of things right these days.

It's brilliant, isn't it? It's how we should have been run ages ago but even then she's still surprising me.

I've sent her a message on Twitter and asked if she can move my mates wedding cause I'm missing the game cause of it

Ozyhibby
15-05-2015, 05:06 PM

He'll be backing the boards decision by the end of the day. :-)

Golden Bear
15-05-2015, 05:10 PM
A very sensible decision given the likely size of the Queens support for their forthcoming visit to ER.

Andy74
15-05-2015, 05:10 PM

You haven't really read my posts have you?

My_Wife_Camille
15-05-2015, 06:27 PM
He'll be backing the boards decision by the end of the day. :-)
:top marks

Stokesy's on fire
15-05-2015, 07:31 PM
Great that The clubs shown some stones with this

greenlex
15-05-2015, 07:46 PM
The source, who is a source and not a "source" is right about the ticket sales being poor and that on that basis there should have been one outcome on this. As of this morning that was the decision they were expecting. The board have obviously been persuaded otherwise.

Hopefully as a support we can respond as I think the board are taking a bit of a flier on this one.
On that basis you're right but it's about much more than sales. In fact sales logically only equate to about a third of the equation.

greenlex
15-05-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm surprised with Petrie pulling Dempsters strings this is being allowed to be honest.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2015, 07:54 PM
I just had a look on rangers media.. Seemingly we would never cut them as they are a cash cow and we are a cowardly wee taig club.... Well you bunch of glory hunting bassas.. Get it right round ye

Some of them are even suggesting that their club should just be telling Hibs that they're only going to accept that allocation for all games from now on.

Where can I sign up to support this move?

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Some of them are even suggesting that their club should just be telling Hibs that they're only going to accept that allocation for all games from now on.

I may send an email to dave king supporting this motion myself

Andy74
15-05-2015, 07:56 PM

Really? We'd be talking significant figures then. You'd be happy giving up a decent player or two as the pay off?

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Really? We'd be talking significant figures then. You'd be happy giving up a decent player or two as the pay off?

It's about time we weaned ourselves off the old firm udder. Like I said earlier. Back to bringing through our own talent is where the future lies

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 08:00 PM

It's about time we weaned ourselves off the old firm udder. Like I said earlier. Back to bringing through our own talent is where the future lies

I bet there are a fair few families who won't go to games because of their support

Andy74
15-05-2015, 08:10 PM

Any support that brings 4,000 twice a year is fine by me. What's the point if we are going to not want that? We've only been getting 10,000 of our own fans for these games and less for others.

We haven't shown too much patience at lack of quality or results so I reckon it's nonsense we'd be happy to watch lower quality as a pay off.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Any support that brings 4,000 twice a year is fine by me. What's the point if we are going to not want that? We've only been getting 10,000 of our own fans for these games and less for others.

We haven't shown too much patience at lack of quality or results so I reckon it's nonsense we'd be happy to watch lower quality as a pay off.

Make the match day experience better for people. More of a day with the game centre of attention. Better atmosphere, less bile and hatred is the future.. A meeting with a certain darts promoter wouldn't go a miss.. If the club wants to make money as an entertainment business then they have to move with the times.. Status quo will see the Scottish football experience stuck in the dark ages

Sir David Gray

Only if the Celtic fans offered to follow suit when they next visit ER.

greenlex
There is no chance Rangers fans wont sell he whole stand out in future given the chance. They love an away day sing song. Their away fans don't have the brain power to organise a boycott. If Rangers won't take the tickets we can sell them to the fans ourselves.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 08:21 PM
They are talking about doing it next year.. Hopefully we go up and we will get 0 income from them. How would that do for finances?

Since90+2
15-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Most Rangers fans have nothing else in their lives apart from going to football and getting off their nut on buckie. They will take their normal allocation next time we play in the league.

They were meant to never be coming back to ER full stop after the way they were treated during their clubs death. How did that end up?

Sir David Gray
15-05-2015, 08:32 PM
This (The) Rangers Media fansite is a great wee read by the way, some of them are real comedians.

I'm now reading comments (please try not to laugh) saying that the home end will be empty after they've hammered us in the first leg at Ibrox. :faf:

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of Sevco hammering any full time club in their entire three year history.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 08:35 PM
This (The) Rangers Media fansite is a great wee read by the way, some of them are real comedians.

I'm now reading comments (please try not to laugh) saying that the home end will be empty after they've hammered us in the first leg at Ibrox. :faf:

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of Sevco hammering any full time club in their entire three year history.

Yeh some clown with a terrorist as his avatar reckons they can knock.us down because they have 'loyal' supporters who never fail to sell out.. Pmsl

greenginger
15-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Do Hibs actually sell visitors tickets through Rangers FC.

I thought that when the Old Firm were going to charge a % for handling the tickets Hibs, Hearts and a couple of others sold the tickets direct to their fans through supporters groups.

Difficult to set a self imposed allocation if that is still the way we distribute their tickets.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-05-2015, 08:54 PM
None taken. I admit my financial insight is pure guesswork but surely we wouldn't have budgeted for a hampden visit lol. And if we did have that level of faith maybe the board should open an account with our new league sponsors 

:greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-05-2015, 09:02 PM

I generally enjoy and value your input Andy, but I reckon you've had a brain fart on this one.

SteveHFC
15-05-2015, 09:08 PM
That thread on Rangers Media :faf:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=282837&page=1

Andy74
15-05-2015, 09:10 PM
I generally enjoy and value your input Andy, but I reckon you've had a brain fart on this one.

So teams that bring big supports aren't good for our finances?

We would be happy watching poorer quality Hibs teams?

Which did I get wrong?

Sir David Gray
15-05-2015, 09:18 PM

It's a cracker eh!?

Who needs Kevin Bridges or Lee Evans when you've got jokers like that? :greengrin

renato
15-05-2015, 09:53 PM

I've read some truly disgusting, uneducated, unqualified dung in my life but that thread has probably topped the lot. Some real deep and factual debate happening on there.....

1500 tickets too many, LD.

Carheenlea
15-05-2015, 09:57 PM
Ibrox apart, we are quite lucky in this country that decent sized travelling supports are accommodated at our grounds. Clubs like ourselves, Hearts, Aberdeen and the Old Firm put a lot of cash into Scottish football with our travelling supports, and the gate money we receive from that is pretty substantial. I'm sure in this instance it will be a one-off, and it's a decision I support. I hope our fans will back this up by selling enough tickets to ensure we don't end up with egg in our faces, but I'm quietly confident we can given the importance of the fixture.

lord bunberry
15-05-2015, 10:15 PM

Which did I get wrong?
Can I ask you a simple question? Do you think the Hun will be advantaged by having a full stand?

Greencore
15-05-2015, 10:21 PM

"Religion following b***ards" yes that's right cause we are always mentioning religion in our football songs

Weirdos.

Andy74
15-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Can I ask you a simple question? Do you think the Hun will be advantaged by having a full stand?

I think we are past that now but no, not really. The games against them this year have mainly been won by the team with the smallest support.

lord bunberry
15-05-2015, 10:37 PM
I think we are past that now but no, not really. The games against them this year have mainly been won by the team with the smallest support.
I disagree. If the tie is tight a noisy away support would drive them on IMO. We should be trying to give ourselves every advantage possible at this stage, nothing else matters.

muzzando
16-05-2015, 12:40 AM
Love the huns reactions. Completely ignoring the fact their club has failed to sell out this season and the fact that they've only given us 950 tickets each time we've played them. Too used to getting their way, glad that seems to have changed since their old club went bust

monktonharp
16-05-2015, 02:07 AM
I think it is correct that we are restricting a new club's allocation if we meet them at ER. hopefully we will allocate the full end to an established club (QOS) if they can negotiate a tricky away leg.

monktonharp
16-05-2015, 02:16 AM
It's a cracker eh!?

Who needs Kevin Bridges or Lee Evans when you've got jokers like that? :greengrinoh dear, us wee diddy teams should be thankfull. a new club that has somehow came up through the football league ranks, wants to the fill the full end of a stadium. whatever next

Hannah_hfc
16-05-2015, 02:44 AM

Having just read a couple pages of their comments I hope QOTS absolutely hammer them. Nasty bunch.

kaimendhibs
16-05-2015, 04:29 AM
Reading that crap makes me itch! And dome people want a full stand of them at Easter Road😡all this talk of lack of income from them will irrelevant if we go up leave them in the championship! Ram them

Pete
16-05-2015, 04:50 AM
"Muirhousebear"...from Edinburgh I take it.

Shouting the loudest gives the out of towners credibility.

:lolrangers:

Hibeesmad
16-05-2015, 05:01 AM
I love how they are moaning about how many tickets they are getting by saying it shouldn't be allowed due to fans not being segregated or some crap...every time ive been to Ibrox ive had to walk into the away stand among those smelly *******s

hibeesathampden
16-05-2015, 06:27 AM
I think realistically we're unlikely to sell all the stands and still have demand for tickets in the south (hope I'm wrong). With this in mind I hope we sell their tickets in the upper tier so that if half the stand is empty it will be the lower tier. Similar to Newcastle putting the away fans as far away as possible or- more relatively- Motherwell.

liamh2202
16-05-2015, 06:56 AM
"Religion following b***ards" yes that's right cause we are always mentioning religion in our football songs

Weirdos.

You missed out the kiddy fiddling bit from your quote,, funny because I reckon a few of us actually are the same religon they claim to be..

Leithenhibby
16-05-2015, 07:13 AM
I think realistically we're unlikely to sell all the stands and still have demand for tickets in the south (hope I'm wrong). With this in mind I hope we sell their tickets in the upper tier so that if half the stand is empty it will be the lower tier. Similar to Newcastle putting the away fans as far away as possible or- more relatively- Motherwell.

So do I :wink:

At £15 & £10 a ticket, I'd be very hopeful of getting it sold out. We still have time........

I hear that, The Rangers still have 2,000 unsold for Sunday!

scoopyboy
16-05-2015, 07:16 AM
So do I :wink:

At £15 & £5 a ticket, I'd be very hopeful of getting it sold out. We still have time........

I hear that, The Rangers still have 2,000 unsold for Sunday!

It's £15 and £10.

Tyler Durden
16-05-2015, 07:27 AM

Which did I get wrong?

The part you are getting wrong is this notion that we're jeopardising future revenues by cutting the Huns allocation for a one off game. It's a fairy tale that you keep repeating that simply isn't going to come to pass!

Leithenhibby
16-05-2015, 07:43 AM
It's £15 and £10.

Ooops:wink:

Andy74
16-05-2015, 09:02 AM
The part you are getting wrong is this notion that we're jeopardising future revenues by cutting the Huns allocation for a one off game. It's a fairy tale that you keep repeating that simply isn't going to come to pass!

You should have read a bit closer then. I'm saying it's something the board would have had to consider. The Rangers fans are discussing it as well. It's unlikely but you have to think about it.

Eyrie
16-05-2015, 12:17 PM
You should have read a bit closer then. I'm saying it's something the board would have had to consider. The Rangers fans are discussing it as well. It's unlikely but you have to think about it.

So do you accept that our Board have made the right decision, both for this game and with regard to the longer term implications?

Since90+2
16-05-2015, 12:41 PM

Like when they were meant to never be returning to places like ER & Tannadice? How did that end up?

Hibs07p
16-05-2015, 12:52 PM
How much notice do we have to give to police whether we're staging a cat a or cat b game? How much would it cost Hibs to police a cat a game, and QOS ended up our opponents? I think we have got it right regarding the ticket allocation and cost of policing, knowing no more than 1500 opposition fans will be there. Whether we sell 10000 or 18500, it wont impact on the fixed cost of policing this game. It's now up to us to fill the void regardless of the opposition.

GGTTH

Keith_M
16-05-2015, 04:34 PM

They were going to boycott all teams that voted against their new club entering football straight into the Premier League.... It didn't happen.

I think we can forget about any future boycott.

However, I agree with you that we can't start restricting their numbers in future (except in the Play Off) until such time as we have a support large enough to sell 17-18,000 tickets for the home end.

Onion
16-05-2015, 08:56 PM

Whether Hibs sell out the home end or not will depend on the performance and result of the first game. If we're 2 or 3 down, forget it. If it's even or we're ahead, then expect quite a few more on the gate.

Onceinawhile
16-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Whether Hibs sell out the home end or not will depend on the performance and result of the first game. If we're 2 or 3 down, forget it. If it's even or we're ahead, then expect quite a few more on the gate.

Indeed. We'll sell quite a few before the first leg, but the first leg result will determine the second leg crowd
I have three kids five or under, if we get beat by 2 or 3 on Wednesday I'll be watching on TV

eastterrace
16-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Indeed. We'll sell quite a few before the first leg, but the first leg result will determine the second leg crowd
I have three kids five or under, if we get beat by 2 or 3 on Wednesday I'll be watching on TV
quality supporter just the type we need and want

marinello59
16-05-2015, 10:32 PM

We'll support you evermore. :greengrin

monktonharp
16-05-2015, 10:41 PM
Whether Hibs sell out the home end or not will depend on the performance and result of the first game. If we're 2 or 3 down, forget it. If it's even or we're ahead, then expect quite a few more on the gate.At 2 nil down, it will be like 2 nil down at half time, games can be won in the second half, if you recall Hamilton:wink:

gorgie greens
16-05-2015, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=eastterrace;4373210]quality supporter just the type we need and want[/QUOTT

Think there may be a clue in Antwerphibs name that its not just a case of jumping on a number 1 bus fae Clermiston to get to the game on a ridacard bus ticket,If he feels the game is not lost and we have not given ourselves a mountain to climb then he can juggle his diary about for a couple of days

Phil MaGlass
17-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Game will be a sellout, its on the cards, big day out, dont wait for the 1st leg result before you buy a ticket cos you may never get a ticket.

jimmythefish
17-05-2015, 07:52 AM
May have been mentioned before, but in reality this game is a cup tie & the allocation we received & in the interests of fair play our allocation should have reflected this, we should have been given 2-3k from the Huns, technically it's a league game therefore the Huns have given us the norm, obviously they want as many home fans as poss to try & gain any advantage, understandable , Hibs therefore have just done the same, If they had given us a reasonable allocation they would have had the whole of the South, so really they only have theirselves to blame

Onceinawhile
17-05-2015, 08:50 AM
We'll support you evermore. :greengrin

I've got three kids, the oldest is five and one income which barely covers necessities. If there's a chance we'll go through I'll be there and at the first leg, but if not the fifteen quid will be spent on the kids.

It's not exactly uberfan level admittedly, but I don't feel guilty.

marinello59
17-05-2015, 09:51 AM
I've got three kids, the oldest is five and one income which barely covers necessities. If there's a chance we'll go through I'll be there and at the first leg, but if not the fifteen quid will be spent on the kids.

It's not exactly uberfan level admittedly, but I don't feel guilty.

No reason to feel guilty, family comes first. My reply wasn't the best, apologies.

Joe Baker II
17-05-2015, 12:57 PM
How much notice do we have to give to police whether we're staging a cat a or cat b game? How much would it cost Hibs to police a cat a game, and QOS ended up our opponents? I think we have got it right regarding the ticket allocation and cost of policing, knowing no more than 1500 opposition fans will be there. Whether we sell 10000 or 18500, it wont impact on the fixed cost of policing this game. It's now up to us to fill the void regardless of the opposition.

GGTTH

Costs in 2010 for amounts billed by Hibernian FC by the police were as follows following a freedom of information request were as follows:

Celtic 30/8 £6407.80
Kilmarnock 17/10 £2718.60
Aberdeen 31/10 £4899.00

So I would suggest this implies that additional costs for Hibs hosting a team bringing 4,000 away fans compared to what Queen of the South would have brought (say 2,000) be in the region of £1,500 (plus maybe a 15/5 increase for inflation etc) so maybe nearer £1,700; at a price for (less than normal for this game) of £15 per ticket that would mean Hibernian would need around another 120 fans of the away team to cover extra policing costs; for a more routine league fixture where prices normally in excess of £20 and can reach £28 they would need an extra 70 or so away supporters to cover extra police costs (not factoring in other short/lonnger income to Hibs coming in from having more people in the ground)

The number of extra supporters needed to cover extra police costs would fall slightly when one factors off the additional income generated by the club in comparison to the extra stewarding costs - stewards are not highly paid so make minimal difference to break even figure.

And obviously higher attendances mean greater money from sponsorship/tv though that can be longer term as well.

In addition for fans like me the prospect of a 12 pm kick off with a reduced atmosphere due to fewer away supporters (larger away followings from whatever club are essential to football) when Easter Road unlikely to be anywhere near full this game is totally unappealing; I will be going through to Ibrox or if needed Dumfries (regardless if can get ticket this week from Hibs or not, perversely am tempted to go to home fans area at Ibrox due to their disgraceful allocation to Hibs fans and Petrie's failure to fight this) but will not be going on Saturday. Very disappointing from Dempster too since at Motherwell she was very good at making Fir Park welcoming venue for both away and supporters, she has gone backward at Hibs.

eastterrace
17-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Costs in 2010 for amounts billed by Hibernian FC by the police were as follows following a freedom of information request were as follows:

Celtic 30/8 £6407.80
Kilmarnock 17/10 £2718.60
Aberdeen 31/10 £4899.00

So I would suggest this implies that additional costs for Hibs hosting a team bringing 4,000 away fans compared to what Queen of the South would have brought (say 2,000) be in the region of £1,500 (plus maybe a 15/5 increase for inflation etc) so maybe nearer £1,700; at a price for (less than normal for this game) of £15 per ticket that would mean Hibernian would need around another 120 fans of the away team to cover extra policing costs; for a more routine league fixture where prices normally in excess of £20 and can reach £28 they would need an extra 70 or so away supporters to cover extra police costs (not factoring in other short/lonnger income to Hibs coming in from having more people in the ground)

The number of extra supporters needed to cover extra police costs would fall slightly when one factors off the additional income generated by the club in comparison to the extra stewarding costs - stewards are not highly paid so make minimal difference to break even figure.

And obviously higher attendances mean greater money from sponsorship/tv though that can be longer term as well.

In addition for fans like me the prospect of a 12 pm kick off with a reduced atmosphere due to fewer away supporters (larger away followings from whatever club are essential to football) when Easter Road unlikely to be anywhere near full this game is totally unappealing; I will be going through to Ibrox or if needed Dumfries (regardless if can get ticket this week from Hibs or not, perversely am tempted to go to home fans area at Ibrox due to their disgraceful allocation to Hibs fans and Petrie's failure to fight this) but will not be going on Saturday. Very disappointing from Dempster too since at Motherwell she was very good at making Fir Park welcoming venue for both away and supporters, she has gone backward at Hibs.

got to be a wind up, if not very strange why you would give away club your money but not hibs.

Joe Baker II
17-05-2015, 01:08 PM
There is no chance Rangers fans wont sell he whole stand out in future given the chance. They love an away day sing song. Their away fans don't have the brain power to organise a boycott. If Rangers won't take the tickets we can sell them to the fans ourselves.

5,000 at the abandoned Hearts game at Ibrox near half that hearts fans) when there was a boycott compared to 40,000/35000 at other 2 games v Hearts suggests they can do a boycott- and if that is boycotting their own club, think they could do elsewhere.

Agree with AndyB though that unlikely to result in this case given Rangers as a club have acted as equally disgracefully as Hibs for these games; as many Rangers fans realise.

Keith_M
17-05-2015, 01:10 PM
5,000 at the abandoned Hearts game at Ibrox near half that hearts fans) when there was a boycott compared to 40,000/35000 at other 2 games v Hearts suggests they can do a boycott- and if that is boycotting their own club, think they could do elsewhere.

Agree with AndyB though that unlikely to result in this case given Rangers as a club have acted as equally disgracefully as Hibs for these games; as many Rangers fans realise.

Rangers fans like yourself, you mean?

Joe Baker II
17-05-2015, 01:22 PM
got to be a wind up, if not very strange why you would give away club your money but not hibs.

My first concern is good of Scottish football, not good of Hibs. So no wind up. If Petrie etc choose to be behave like idiots (though stress Rangers equally guilty) they reap what they sew.

B.H.F.C
17-05-2015, 01:24 PM
My first concern is good of Scottish football, not good of Hibs. So no wind up. If Petrie etc choose to be behave like idiots (though stress Rangers equally guilty) they reap what they sew.

Strange.

Joe Baker II
17-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Rangers fans like yourself, you mean?

Pointless to make unsubstantiated allegation that anyone who disagrees with Petrie's decisions supports another team and does not show Hibs supporters in a good light; for information although go less often now, I had season ticket at Easter Road 17 years in a row until they rebuilt East Stand and have had ccasional half ST since then, and one of the 4-500 Hibs fans who made it to Dumbarton on a Wednesday evening recently!

Joe Baker II
17-05-2015, 01:29 PM

Plenty of people prefer going to away games than home games, particularly in second tier.

eastterrace
17-05-2015, 02:12 PM
Plenty of people prefer going to away games than home games, particularly in second tier.

yes i agree but he was making some sort of statement with which i couldnt get my head around it, but he has said its for the good of the game in scotland so he has cleared that up for me.

Keith_M
17-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Pointless to make unsubstantiated allegation that anyone who disagrees with Petrie's decisions supports another team and does not show Hibs supporters in a good light; for information although go less often now, I had season ticket at Easter Road 17 years in a row until they rebuilt East Stand and have had ccasional half ST since then, and one of the 4-500 Hibs fans who made it to Dumbarton on a Wednesday evening recently!

At the last Rangers v Hibs game at Ibrox, what end did you sit in?

What was the last topic that you posted about on here that did not relate to Rangers?

DH1875
17-05-2015, 02:20 PM
I tend to go to more away games these days as well :(

Keith_M
17-05-2015, 02:41 PM
At the last Rangers v Hibs game at Ibrox, what end did you sit in?

What was the last topic that you posted about on here that did not relate to Rangers?

:tumble:

Eyrie
17-05-2015, 02:53 PM

The only way to improve Scottish football is for the rest of us to stand up to Septic and Sevco Huns. If that means letting them find out what it is like to be mistreated, then that is necessary.