PDA

View Full Version : Neil Doncaster questions consulting clubs over fixtures

Humo
13-05-2015, 09:36 PM
This has got to be some sort of joke no?

Get Doncaster out pronto!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32730489

The mans a fud and just trying to cover his arse for his monumental cock up

kaimendhibs
13-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Only in Scotland would he still have a job

HibeeDave
13-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Hopefully Leeann reads this p!sh and pushes to have this clown removed from office, i'm sure she'll have support from Budge

O'Rourke3
13-05-2015, 09:49 PM
I'd have more faith if he hadn't taken weeks to tell us what happened.

Baader
13-05-2015, 09:53 PM
A desperate, desperate man.

How he is still in his job just sums up the mess Scottish football is in.

Don Giovanni
13-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Absolute revisionist drivel from a grade A fud.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2015, 10:02 PM
What does this mean? :confused:

"Because only one game had moved while Iain was consulting, there were questions about sporting integrity, but the reality was that the Hibs game would always have taken place at the same time as the Hearts game."

This would seem to suggest that they were always going to have the Falkirk-Hibs game on at the same time as the Hearts-Sevco game.

What about what Falkirk wanted since they stated (quite rightly in my opinion) that they were against moving the game to the Sunday as they had already sold hospitality packages based on the basis that the game would be on the Saturday?

The whole affair was a complete shambles and it was entirely of the SPFL's doing.

Piss-ups and breweries spring to mind.

How Neil Doncaster is still in his post is quite staggering.

HibeeDave
13-05-2015, 10:11 PM
All he has done is try shove Ian Blair in front of the bus

Gatecrasher
13-05-2015, 10:17 PM
He said: "The fundamental issue is should there be a consultation?"
yes Neil ya arsepiece there should be a consultation, teams think there Is an unfair advantage given to another team then that should be rectified, also if a team wants/needs a home or away game to accommodate a special occasion or extra time to allow a pitch to set the spl should do their best to help.

this may come as a shock to you Donkey, but we as fans want to enjoy going to games with as little fuss as possible but unfortunately we are often left talking about how many **** ups you and cronies make that we end up having to attending games at 12:00 on Sunday mornings and people question why there's no atmosphere.

portycabbage
13-05-2015, 11:11 PM
What does this mean? :confused:

"Because only one game had moved while Iain was consulting, there were questions about sporting integrity, but the reality was that the Hibs game would always have taken place at the same time as the Hearts game."

This would seem to suggest that they were always going to have the Falkirk-Hibs game on at the same time as the Hearts-Sevco game.

What about what Falkirk wanted since they stated (quite rightly in my opinion) that they were against moving the game to the Sunday as they had already sold hospitality packages based on the basis that the game would be on the Saturday?

The whole affair was a complete shambles and it was entirely of the SPFL's doing.

Piss-ups and breweries spring to mind.

How Neil Doncaster is still in his post is quite staggering.

He is quoted as saying "There was never a possibility of those games taking place at different times on that weekend."

But at the time they were saying clubs can come to us if they want their game switched to the same time as the game at the PBS.

So we are asked to ask them to switch our game because they haven't seen fit to do it, they say they need to ask Falkirk and all the other teams, only to now say it was always going to get switched regardless. It's all very well Doncaster offering belated consultation after one fixture has already been moved, but now he's saying that the other games were, in fact, already destined to move but they wanted to consult before telling us.

Hmm.

silverhibee
13-05-2015, 11:34 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/1320364-spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-on-tvs-grip-ann-budge-and-league-reconstruction/

hibbymick
13-05-2015, 11:36 PM
Hes now found the league a sponsor so now thinks he can puff his chest out a bit, be prepared to see him back in the spotlight spouting a heap of Colin Nish.

LaMotta
13-05-2015, 11:39 PM

The quotes are taken from Wed nights sportsound. I listened to most of it at the time and the bbc guys ( Tom English, Kenny Macintyre and somoeone else) were giving him a really hard time.

Doncaster was going round in circles trying to justify their daft decision and completly refusing to admit to getting anything wrong.

Worth a listen on the podcast as he is grilled on other issues too like playoff ticket prices and the ladbrokes deal.

Onion
13-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Get this idiot out of office. He brings the game into disrepute. What the hell are all the clubs doing employing this guy ?

hibsfan7
14-05-2015, 02:45 AM
The man is a clown and he needs to go NOW

Pretty Boy
14-05-2015, 05:54 AM
He's a liar.

Jim44
14-05-2015, 06:23 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/1320364-spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-on-tvs-grip-ann-budge-and-league-reconstruction/

Doncaster speaks with a forked tongue and, unless I have misunderstood, he says that, if the clubs want reconstruction, it will happen. I heard on the radio five minutes ago that he says there are too many fixtures in Scottish Football. Is this the start of the campaign to expedite reconstruction in the next few weeks?

Chuck Rhoades
14-05-2015, 06:39 AM
What a ****ing knob.

ManBearPig
14-05-2015, 06:43 AM
The fact he has said this is unbelievably stupid. I think a petition is in order.

PiemanP
14-05-2015, 07:01 AM
He's a liar.

That was my first thought on reading the article.

Hibee87
14-05-2015, 07:31 AM
Who actually employs this erse hole? Who is HIS boss, and ultimately, who can sack him? And more importantly, HOW can we and other clubs MAKE this happen. For years we have spouted on these boards how incompetent he is. How to we take this a step further and have the issue addressed?

Mr White
14-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Anyone got a link to the statement released by the spfl in the evening of the day the hearts rangers game was originally moved? It slated hibs for complaining and basically said there was no requirement for all final day games to be played simultaneously IIRC. As mentioned above revisionist pish from an incompetent fool.

Mr White
14-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Found it:

A spokesperson for the SPFL said:*"On this weekend, the Hearts v Rangers match is scheduled for Sunday 3 May to be broadcast on television and it is not clear to us why this has caused so much surprise.

"This is a key game in the Championship season and will inevitably attract huge interest from fans around the world.

"It is unreasonable to expect all Championship fixtures that weekend to move to the Sunday when a number of them will be unaffected by the Hearts v Rangers tie.

"However, as a result of this fixture, all Championship clubs have been invited to submit a request should they wish to move games to the Sunday.

"To date, the only feedback we have received is from one Championship club, which has asked for its match to remain scheduled for the Saturday.

"For the avoidance of doubt, we have had no request from Hibernian FC to move its fixture to the Sunday at the time of writing.

"Whilst we regret any inconvenience to supporters caused by rescheduled fixtures, the circumstances surrounding the matches on the weekend of 2/3 May are in no way unusual"

So they were always going to be played simultaneously were they neil? I smell *****.

AndyM_1875
14-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Who actually employs this erse hole? Who is HIS boss, and ultimately, who can sack him? And more importantly, HOW can we and other clubs MAKE this happen. For years we have spouted on these boards how incompetent he is. How to we take this a step further and have the issue addressed?

The SPFL employ him. The SPFL are the 42 member clubs in Scotland who themselves have no interest in sacking him as he takes all the flak for them. As Tom English said he's the "heat shield".

Doncaster has just landed a sponsorship deal for the league so, Leeann aside, they'll all be happy as they'll be receiving a cheque in the near future.

green&left
14-05-2015, 07:52 AM
"Reality is Hibs were always going to kick-off the same time as Hearts".

Utter pish. You're answer was request to move your game. Falkirk rightly told us/spfl to bolt.

GTF Doncaster.

Bostonhibby
14-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Pretty clear he's either not bothered about getting caught telling porkies or has no idea about important statements being issued by body he runs.

Wondered what sponsorship opportunities were missed out on because businesses prefer not to have their brands associated with the image this roaster has created for Scottish football?

number9dream
14-05-2015, 07:56 AM
Get this idiot out of office. He brings the game into disrepute. What the hell are all the clubs doing employing this guy ?

His bluster is really quite incredible. He was widely quoted at the time of the fixture fiasco saying it's no big deal, get on with it. Now he says it's fine, it was never going to happen...

We ask how can he stay in a job? But the sad answer is that he plays a key role that most of the clubs like. He's a kind of heat shield for all the unpopular decisions. Thick-skinned and talking in circles or utter nonsense, we all get angry at him - not the clubs.

I'd like to see Dempster & Budge lead a vote of no confidence in Doncaster, who is very well paid - by us as fans, by the way - but suspect it would fail to get the necessary backing.

jacomo
14-05-2015, 08:01 AM
He's a liar.

On the face of it, yes he is.

'There was never a possibility of those matches being played at different times' is a direct contradiction with what we were told at the time.

Need to get this guy out, it's embarrassing.

Dalianwanda
14-05-2015, 08:03 AM
Is he on a contract with a fixed term?

Hibee87
14-05-2015, 08:04 AM
The SPFL employ him. The SPFL are the 42 member clubs in Scotland who themselves have no interest in sacking him as he takes all the flak for them. As Tom English said he's the "heat shield".

Doncaster has just landed a sponsorship deal for the league so, Leeann aside, they'll all be happy as they'll be receiving a cheque in the near future.

I see, so really all fans from all clubs need to hound their board to deal with this pr!k!!

Salt N Sauzee
14-05-2015, 08:06 AM

Guy's a muppet.

Just looking at his stupid pus makes me *****ing seethe! :brickwall

Jones28
14-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Get this twat as far away from Scottish football as possible ASAP.

Lying, old firm pandering, money chasing ****er

greenginger
14-05-2015, 08:23 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-admits-5693335

Now a 16 team league for next season ! ???

Personally I'd take a 16 team league next season even if we win the play-offs.

O'Rourke3
14-05-2015, 08:28 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-admits-5693335

Now a 16 team league for next season ! ???

Personally I'd take a 16 team league next season even if we win the play-offs.

Another 2 games off my season ticket :grr:

Sent from my brain

hongkonghibee
14-05-2015, 08:44 AM
What does Doncaster mean by this? “You would need unanimity from all 42 clubs if you were looking for change in time for next season. Realistically I don’t see that unanimity happening in time for next season. After next season we go back to the old voting rules and you might see more of a debate and more meaningful change.”
Are they going back to the old voting rules which allowed Rangers and Celtic to have all the power again?

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2015, 08:47 AM
What does Doncaster mean by this? “You would need unanimity from all 42 clubs if you were looking for change in time for next season. Realistically I don’t see that unanimity happening in time for next season. After next season we go back to the old voting rules and you might see more of a debate and more meaningful change.”
Are they going back to the old voting rules which allowed Rangers and Celtic to have all the power again?

If so the Scottish game deserves all it gets, we've had a chance to get everything concerned with running the game properly and dividing the spoils fairly, but it appears we've done sweet FA and when sevco do eventually get back into the top league, nothing will have changed and we will all be back to square one again.

Thecat23
14-05-2015, 08:49 AM

That's exactly how I read it. If so then the games finished!

AltheHibby
14-05-2015, 09:10 AM
I would rather see 2 divisions of 20 and 22, but 16 would be a good start. The problem would still be the @+$)$$ split.

Bobby's Cinema
14-05-2015, 09:22 AM
What an embarrassment. This is the governing body of the game. What credibility does he think he has?

Even when they make a criminally wrong decision, they don't have the backbone to stand by it.

J-C
14-05-2015, 09:44 AM
The fact that Rangers have been so bad and Hearts and Hibs have now been stabalised to a certain extent, a 16 team league is what is needed to revamp our game, plus they can't afford to have Rangers and us out of the league for another season, no OF derbies and no Edinburgh derbies would mean tv companies giving very little in money for showing SPFL football.

A 16 team league would give you a 37 game season, a split after 30 games and then 7 games.

I think the play offs will go ahead and then an announcement made afterwards.

PeterboroHibee
14-05-2015, 10:24 AM
I would rather see 2 divisions of 20 and 22, but 16 would be a good start. The problem would still be the @+$)$$ split.

Im not sure we could really sustain leagues that big. I think this season has shown that there probably are enough clubs to extend the league to 16 without losing any quality, as I dont think 1st-4th in the Championship would be out of place in the top division. Although I dont think Im not a huge fan of splitting the league, its probably inevitable with the number of teams available. There may be a way of structuring it so that there are mini leagues at the end of the season where the points reset to zero, but I imagine the self interest of clubs would stop that happening.

fiolex1
14-05-2015, 11:30 AM
I think we could easily have 18 in the top flight next year.

In addition to Hearts going up I'm sure Hibs/Rangers/Falkirk/QOS and Raith Rovers would be a good addition.

Would only be 18 home games, but we could make the league cup a league format again, with home and way ties to make up the shortfall?

Mathias Jack
14-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Guy's a muppet.

Just looking at his stupid pus makes me *****ing seethe! :brickwall

To help remind us of how much a muppet he actually is, I found this.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/317427-neil-doncasters-most-memorable-blunders-as-spfl-chief-executive/

AndyM_1875
14-05-2015, 11:42 AM
I see, so really all fans from all clubs need to hound their board to deal with this pr!k!!

Unfortunately, you've got no chance. Doncaster's just landed an £8m+ Sponsorship package for the league and the top flight clubs don't care about a fixture screw up in the Championship, it's not their problem. Last week we saw where the power of Hibs and Hearts lay with the Play Off money split put forward by Leeann Dempster supported by Ann Budge (and also Motherwell). It was defeated overwhelmingly.

Further to that Doncaster enjoys the confidence of Peter Lawell especially but also Stewart Milne and Stephen Thomson of Aberdeen and Dundee United respectively. These three clubs make the most noise and Celtic wield the biggest stick. Lawell especially will be delighted at Doncaster taking any flak as it diverts the attention of his own fans from turning their fire on him.

snooky
14-05-2015, 11:43 AM
All he has done is try shove Ian Blair in front of the bus

Spot on. A teflon man indeed.

P45 pronto, please.

snooky
14-05-2015, 11:46 AM

In addition to Hearts going up I'm sure Hibs/Rangers/Falkirk/QOS and Raith Rovers would be a good addition.

Would only be 18 home games, but we could make the league cup a league format again, with home and way ties to make up the shortfall?

Brilliant idea :aok: - but as such, it makes it of no use to the SPL/SFA

JimBHibees
14-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Doncaster confirmed the deal wasn't conditional on which division Rangers are in next term, adding: "We've got some exciting play-offs, we've got Rangers with the second leg of the Premiership play-off quarter-final coming up. Whether they triumph through the play-offs or whether they don't makes no difference to this deal."

This paragraph is a little disconcerting IMO.

Jim44
14-05-2015, 01:06 PM
Doncaster confirmed the deal wasn't conditional on which division Rangers are in next term, adding: "We've got some exciting play-offs, we've got Rangers with the second leg of the Premiership play-off quarter-final coming up. Whether they triumph through the play-offs or whether they don't makes no difference to this deal."

This paragraph is a little disconcerting IMO.

Maybe he omitted to add that, 'in the event Sevco not advancing from the exciting playoffs, league reconstruction will be top of the agenda. How he and his cronies get all teams to agree might be a problem.

PatHead
14-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Unfortunately, you've got no chance. Doncaster's just landed an £8m+ Sponsorship package for the league and the top flight clubs don't care about a fixture screw up in the Championship, it's not their problem. Last week we saw where the power of Hibs and Hearts lay with the Play Off money split put forward by Leeann Dempster supported by Ann Budge (and also Motherwell). It was defeated overwhelmingly.

Further to that Doncaster enjoys the confidence of Peter Lawell especially but also Stewart Milne and Stephen Thomson of Aberdeen and Dundee United respectively. These three clubs make the most noise and Celtic wield the biggest stick. Lawell especially will be delighted at Doncaster taking any flak as it diverts the attention of his own fans from turning their fire on him.

From what I hear Doncaster didn't land the deal it was someone else in the SPFL according to a source at another club. He had a pish one lined up. He won't get any credit. Not all of those clubs support Doncaster either

chasitup
14-05-2015, 05:24 PM
The guy is an utter clown, he should be removed asap. How the head of an organisation can blatantly lie as he clearly has done here is beyond me. In any other organisation he'd be out the door pronto!

Deansy
14-05-2015, 05:53 PM
Over to you, Leeanne - 'Donkey Doncaster's left himself wide-open !!

bingo70
14-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Brilliant idea :aok: - but as such, it makes it of no use to the SPL/SFA

An expanded league cup sounds rubbish imo.

jonty
14-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Cant change it next season - STs have already been sold based on the number of games. Wiggle out of that one Doncaster.

(watch them push it through if/when Rangers don't get promoted)

(Personally, my preference would be two games against each team instead of 4, with no split.)

Eyrie
14-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Cant change it next season - STs have already been sold based on the number of games. Wiggle out of that one Doncaster.

(watch them push it through if/when Rangers don't get promoted)

(Personally, my preference would be two games against each team instead of 4, with no split.)

That is why sixteen teams would be a non-starter.

Twenty would work however.

greenpaper55
14-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Or he could try and push for his earlier preference which was a 10 team league, this was what he was planning a few years ago and he was backed at the time by a certain R Petrie !.He is deaf to the fans choice of a bigger league and less repetition but he could not care less about us, an erse of gigantic proportions.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2015, 07:49 PM

17 home games, no? :confused:

patlowe
15-05-2015, 12:48 PM
Just listened to the Sportsound podcast last night. Blame the clubs, it's Ian Blair's fault, it's all in the rules, there's too many games to have a fixture system that works etc etc etc. You're the (very well-paid) Chief Executive of the league - man up and show some leadership you strangely-coiffured buffoon!

A really galling aspect of that interview was what Tom English said about the BT deal for the play-offs. We don't half sell the game short in this country.

speedy_gonzales
15-05-2015, 01:00 PM
After next season we go back to the old voting rules and you might see more of a debate and more meaningful change.
Erm, whit? Does anyone know what Doncaster refers to here?

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Erm, whit? Does anyone know what Doncaster refers to here?

This.. I thought we still had 11-1 needed as Aberdeen blocked change. Does this mean we are going to a fairer system?

Winston Ingram
15-05-2015, 01:09 PM
There's no danger we'll end up with anything that'll cost the likes of your Eddie Thomsons & Michael Johnstons a couple of visits from the OF every year

KeithTheHibby
15-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Just listened to the Sportsound podcast last night. Blame the clubs, it's Ian Blair's fault, it's all in the rules, there's too many games to have a fixture system that works etc etc etc. You're the (very well-paid) Chief Executive of the league - man up and show some leadership you strangely-coiffured buffoon!

A really galling aspect of that interview was what Tom English said about the BT deal for the play-offs. We don't half sell the game short in this country.

Yeah, a total disgrace actually. Works out at around 30k a game over the 3 years. This from the same organisation who refused to sell the sponsorship rights for 2 years until they got fair value for money yet give away some of the most important games of the season for diddly squat.
The man is a total fanny, pure and simple.

liamh2202
15-05-2015, 01:14 PM
There's no danger we'll end up with anything that'll cost the likes of your Eddie Thomsons & Michael Johnstons a couple of visits from the OF every year

Tbh going with views on the other thread it seems hibs need these games as well