PDA

View Full Version : "The Iron Curtain", John Greig, Davie Cooper, Brian Laudrup, Jorg Albertz and........

lyonhibs
13-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Lee McCulloch, Lee Wallace and manager Ally McCoist???

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/youre-no-oil-painting-rangers-5682145#rlabs=2

Not quite the same standard are they?? :faf::faf:

For those not fans of DR online, basically the space cadets at the top at Rangers have decided that to placate the frothing masses, a commissioned (and I expect not cheap) oil painting called "The New Pioneers" (honestly, Christopher Columbus et al have nowt on these Brave Huns) to celebrate their 3rd Division title is worthy of a place in their Archibald Leitch designed - and pretty famous - staircase in Ibrox's main stand.

This has caused a certain degree of restlessness amongst the natives as you might expect........

:faf::faf:

JimBHibees
13-05-2015, 02:51 PM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/youre-no-oil-painting-rangers-5682145#rlabs=2

For those not fans of DR online, basically the space cadets at the top at Rangers have decided that to placate the frothing masses, a commissioned (and I expect not cheap) oil painting called "The New Pioneers" (honestly, Christopher Columbus et al have nowt on these Brave Huns) to celebrate their 3rd Division title is worthy of a place in their Archibald Leitch designed - and pretty famous - staircase in Ibrox's main stand.

This has caused a certain degree of restlessness amongst the natives as you might expect........

Also Neil Alexander who isnt there and has taken the club to court. :greengrin

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/1320218-rangers-remove-controversial-new-pioneers-painting-from-ibrox/

Hibs History
13-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Brilliant!

Is is just me that thinks that this painting makes McCoist look like a young Jock Stein.....

Onion
13-05-2015, 04:34 PM

Must be a tax dodge in this somewhere :wink:

jacomo
13-05-2015, 05:02 PM
That painting is an absolute monstrosity!

'Simple misunderstanding which has now been rectified' indeed.

:faf:

Houchy
13-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Aunt Sally on £62,500 per week, jeez, my gardener is only £15 a month... bargain. What about McDowell? Let's not forget him too. He must be another 20k per week if not more.

Bostonhibby
13-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Classless and clueless, hopefully they will have painted a definite dividing line for paintings after the previous club became defunct, quite a gulf in terms of achievements worth celebrating before and after as well.

I do like the way they have managed to capture McCullochs' elbows on a sharp point even if they are pointing downwards for a change.

Onceinawhile
13-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Aunt Sally on £62,500 per week, jeez, my gardener is only £15 a month... bargain. What about McDowell? Let's not forget him too. He must be another 20k per week if not more.

No chance he was on that much. Sure it was 800,000 a year or so.

Peevemor
13-05-2015, 09:14 PM
No chance he was on that much. Sure it was 800,000 a year or so.

The report says £62.5k per month, ie. £800k pa.

snooky
14-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Brilliant!

Is is just me that thinks that this painting makes McCoist look like a young Jock Stein.....

Your right - probably intentional too, given the equal managerial success of both men. :wink:

Iain G
14-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Did they get a 5 year old to paint this, it's terrible! Maybe they couldn't find a canvas wide enough to fit Fat Ally onto in proper perspective?

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Did they get a 5 year old to paint this, it's terrible! Maybe they couldn't find a canvas wide enough to fit Fat Ally onto in proper perspective?

Its better than that Picasso mess that got sold earlier in the week.

jacomo
14-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Its better than that Picasso mess that got sold earlier in the week.

Fewer t*ts in the Picasso tbf.