PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: AWAY PLAY-OFF TICKET ARRANGEMENTS

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
13-05-2015, 01:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5429)

JimBHibees
13-05-2015, 01:45 PM

Thats a joke getting less than a thousand at a stadium that holds 50k.

I think we should give them the same and leave the South stand empty even if we cant fill any of it.

Canon Hannan
13-05-2015, 01:47 PM

Pro rata to The Rangers = 388 tickets. That's all I would give them. Away up in the corner of the South heavily policed looking out for illegal songs -
No Pope of Rome
Hello hello
Super Rangers
Fields of Athenry - guns and bombs version

HH81
13-05-2015, 01:47 PM

I think we should give them the same and leave the South stand empty even if we cant fill any of it.

100% agree.

VivaHiberña
13-05-2015, 01:49 PM
I say go further, give them the same percentage of seats, that's roughly 387 seats.

A game this big we can fill the South without them.

liamh2202
13-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Pro rata to The Rangers = 388 tickets. That's all I would give them. Away up in the corner of the South heavily policed looking out for illegal songs -
No Pope of Rome
Hello hello
Super Rangers

Agree with this 100 percent and email sent to the club outlining this..they think they are above us then it's time we we stepped up and stood up for ourselves as a club

portyhibernian
13-05-2015, 01:55 PM
No Pope of Rome
Hello hello
Super Rangers

Absolutely agree :agree:

Ozyhibby
13-05-2015, 01:58 PM
388 tickets is all they should get. It's time Hibs stood up for us. Big test of Leeann's leadership.

SteveHFC
13-05-2015, 02:00 PM
So who has over 180 points :greengrin

Andy74
13-05-2015, 02:00 PM
I say go further, give them the same percentage of seats, that's roughly 387 seats.

It doesn't appear so if you take the discussions on here so far we are struggling to sell a decent number of tickets.

Can't say I'm too bothered by ayn tit for tat stuff. We've won there plenty of times with small supports and we have beaten them at our place when they have brough big supports.

They seem confident they will sell out and need the seats, we don't look like we are in that position.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 02:02 PM
388 tickets is all they should get. It's time Hibs stood up for us. Big test of Leeann's leadership.

:agree: If hibs roll over and have our belly tickled over this, then we deserve another season in this league. The huns have done everything possible to give them the advantage, we should do exactly the same.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2015, 02:03 PM
So who has over 180 points :greengrin

Anyone who bought for this season, and has renewed, must be around 6,000 supporters who will be able to buy on Monday

Pretty Boy
13-05-2015, 02:03 PM

Spot on.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 02:06 PM
:agree: If hibs roll over and have our belly tickled over this, then we deserve another season in this league. The huns have done everything possible to give them the advantage, we should do exactly the same.

Or they may take the view that the size of the Rangers support is irrelevant to the outcome of the game and we may as well try and increase the money we take in as opposed to creating empty seats that we won't fill ourselves?

It's not necessarily roling over.

Hibeesmad
13-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Is it just me who thinks 180 is a bit low? I understand that there are supporters who go to games without a season ticket and some may not have been able to purchase season tickets yet for next season, however there are people who are sitting with over 300 loyalty points and they may not be able to go due to someone with only 180 points taken their ticket?

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Or they may take the view that the size of the Rangers support is irrelevant to the outcome of the game and we may as well try and increase the money we take in as opposed to creating empty seats that we won't fill ourselves?

Well they'd be wrong.

essexhibee
13-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Not surprising.

Huns running scared. Our 950 will be the only voices you'll hear when we are winning :aok:

andrew70
Is it just me who thinks 180 is a bit low? I understand that there are supporters who go to games without a season ticket and some may not have been able to purchase season tickets yet for next season, however there are people who are sitting with over 300 loyalty points and they may not be able to go due to someone with only 180 points taken their ticket?

Technically next season's points shouldn't count anyway so I think 180 is correct

Steve20

This shouldn't be about making money because we shouldn't even be in this position, having to play playoffs to get out the 2nd tier. This is all about getting promoted and any advantage we can get, we should use.

Give them as few tickets as possible.

scoopyboy
13-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Anyone who bought for this season, and has renewed, must be around 6,000 supporters who will be able to buy on Monday

The points limit Hibs have set is a bloody joke as well.

Guys with over 300 points deserve tickets before those with 180 yet they are in the same bracket.

Waste of time having loyalty points, would just have been as easy saying season tickets have first pick.

Hibeesmad
13-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Technically next season's points shouldn't count anyway so I think 180 is correct

Yeah I didn't look at it in that way

SteveHFC
13-05-2015, 02:11 PM

Guys with over 300 points deserve tickets before those with 180 yet they are in the same bracket.

Waste of time having loyalty points, would just have been as easy saying season tickets have first pick.

This.

liamh2202
13-05-2015, 02:12 PM

Next year's points do count

Andy74
13-05-2015, 02:13 PM
This shouldn't be about making money because we shouldn't even be in this position, having to play playoffs to get out the 2nd tier. This is all about getting promoted and any advantage we can get, we should use.

Give them as few tickets as possible.

What if they don't think that choosing empty seats over having Rangers fans sitting in them is an avantage? I don't believe it makes any difference and actually a bigger atmoshphere which gets our crowd going too might be the best thing?

11,000 or so of us in a half full stadium isn't really what I'd be lloking to achieve for a play off atmosphere.

ano hibby
13-05-2015, 02:14 PM

Completely agree. I've got 330 points & only went to couple of away games so I could get priority for play off tickets. Now I'm in a lottery with possibly 6000 others.
Seriously what is the point of loyalty points scheme if for the most keenly awaited game in years they make it a free for all amongst ST holders.

Steve20
13-05-2015, 02:16 PM
What if they don't think that choosing empty seats over having Rangers fans sitting in them is an avantage? I don't believe it makes any difference and actually a bigger atmoshphere which gets our crowd going too might be the best thing?

11,000 or so of us in a half full stadium isn't really what I'd be lloking to achieve for a play off atmosphere.

An away team will get a bigger lift coming out to 3500 of their supporters compared to 950.

andrew70
13-05-2015, 02:16 PM
Next year's points do count

I know they are included in my points total but as Hibs stated when this was first launched that points would be reset at the end of each season I have no idea why they've been added this season.

Thus I was saying they shouldn't count. It does seem daft to add them and then leave the threshold at 180 though.

This system was always going to encounter teething problems.

Brooster
13-05-2015, 02:18 PM

Correct. What's the point of a Loyalty Scheme if half baked decisions like this are coming in to play? In this instance someone who has been at every away game could miss out to someone who hasn't even been to one away game. Outrageous

Andy74
13-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Completely agree. I've got 330 points & only went to couple of away games so I could get priority for play off tickets. Now I'm in a lottery with possibly 6000 others.
Seriously what is the point of loyalty points scheme if for the most keenly awaited game in years they make it a free for all amongst ST holders.

I don't think the loyalty scheme was ever designed or intended to make classes above season ticket holders. quite right on that too.

It was mainly intended to allow others to be able to build up a level where for certain games they could also get some sort of priority above where they would have been.

Hibs History
13-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Leeann Dempster has done everything right so far and she has my full support.

It'll be interesting to find out how she (and the club) react to this.

The prorata decision is the right one. Or at least let The Rangers know (if we play them) that this is our intention, see if they open up more for us.

We need to stick to our guns. Don't give a damn what the Glasgow Media, The Rangers or the SPFL say

marinello59
I don't think the loyalty scheme was ever designed or intended to make classes above season ticket holders. quite right on that too.

It was mainly intended to allow others to be able to build up a level where for certain games they could also get some sort of priority above where they would have been.

Exactly.

liamh2202
I think they should count. But I also think loyalty points should not be reset. ( this is my opinion even though I would suffer as I don't have a st this year but do next) you are right though the level should be set higher. It can't be that hard to work out the level required to have 1000 people eligble then work back from there. Although time might be the driving factor in this instance

Andy74
13-05-2015, 02:21 PM
An away team will get a bigger lift coming out to 3500 of their supporters compared to 950.

Maybe, maybe not, does it help from then on?

Perhaps a half empty and quiet stadium would help the opposition even more over the game or at least not help us?

Has our small support been a hinderence at Ibrox this year?

southfieldhibby
13-05-2015, 02:24 PM

Totally disagree. I'm a season ticket holder who's missed two away games this season...Dumbarton and QoS recently, having been to both grounds earlier in the season.I'm 177 points just now and I can't renew next year for personal reasons, but I've supported the team more than most this year, and yet I stand a chance of missing out on going to Ibrox for the 4th time this year ( Was at Petrofac game too).

I hope the ticket I've been forced to buy for the home leg ( seeing as my season ticket won't count) is allocated before the sale starts.

Amit
13-05-2015, 02:24 PM

Hi Scoopyboy,

Hope you are well fella.

The difference between number of supporters on 180+ and 300+ was minimal but by selecting 180+ it included all Full STH (14/15 or 15/16) who went to all cup and away matches (since the implementation of the loyalty scheme).

Cheers,

Amit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keith_M
13-05-2015, 02:25 PM
No Pope of Rome
Hello hello
Super Rangers

Gets my vote, mate.

Frazerbob
13-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Home end at Ibrox it is for me then.

Steve20
13-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Maybe, maybe not, does it help from then on?

Perhaps a half empty and quiet stadium would help the opposition even more over the game or at least not help us?

Has our small support been a hinderence at Ibrox this year?

We should ask for less tickets for Ibrox then.

Hibeesmad
How my tickets are being sold online/telephone and how many tickets are being sold at the ticket office if we get Rangers?

Hibeesmad

Lad

southfieldhibby
13-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Hi Scoopyboy,

Hope you are well fella.

The difference between number of supporters on 180+ and 300+ was minimal but by selecting 180+ it included all Full STH (14/15 or 15/16) who went to all cup and away matches (since the implementation of the loyalty scheme).

Cheers,

Amit

I've missed two away games this entire season, unfortunately for me after the scheme was introduced.So in effect, someone could have missed plenty before it was introduced and none after, been at less games than me and yet gets priority.

I know there will always be someone unhappy, but I reckon I've paid my dues enough this season to at least be in the mix for an away ticket.

Keith_M
13-05-2015, 02:32 PM
I propose we give them section 30 (http://d1amemna4jare9.cloudfront.net/assets/images/pages/da05ff03931ba83a95d2a9f6b60091ec/1dd340a20ae27517abb6f2d88ec387b0.png) in the South Stand Lower*, capacity roughly 400. They should then be made to wait until 15 minutes after the game before they're allowed to leave, as our Fans do at Ipox.

The fact that there will be so few of them will maybe encourage those that wouldn't normally attend a game against DerHun to come along and fill the home stands.

We had a massive support in last year's Play Off and I see no reason we can't repeat that.

* If you put them in the Upper Stand, they'd just throw things at everybody below.

Hibernia&Alba
13-05-2015, 02:36 PM
I agree with everyone who says a home game against Rangers should mean their being allocated circa 400 tickets. We need ER to be hostile for the visitors, so we shouldn't even consider giving them the whole away stand. I'll be fuming if we give them 3500 tickets.

scoopyboy
13-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Hi Scoopyboy,

Hope you are well fella.

Cheers,

Amit

Amit,

I'm not sure what you are saying is right, either that or we have a very low number of season ticket holders.

I am sitting on 335 loyalty points, yet could well miss out on a ticket to somebody that has 180. I feel strongly that the system therefore does not reward loyalty. If I take Brockie for example who has not missed a game in years, how fair is it that he misses out to a season ticket holder who takes in the occasional away game.

How many people have 180 points or over?

If it is several thousand then the limit has been set too low for ~950 tickets.

Apart from this rant I am fine, hope you are still enjoying your role.

Scoop.

Frazerbob
13-05-2015, 02:41 PM
The points limit should be set at a level that guarantees a ticket then reduced in stages until they're all gone. It's the system used by the SFA for Scotland away games and is absolutely fair.

scoopyboy
13-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Totally disagree. I'm a season ticket holder who's missed two away games this season...Dumbarton and QoS recently, having been to both grounds earlier in the season.I'm 177 points just now and I can't renew next year for personal reasons, but I've supported the team more than most this year, and yet I stand a chance of missing out on going to Ibrox for the 4th time this year ( Was at Petrofac game too).

I hope the ticket I've been forced to buy for the home leg ( seeing as my season ticket won't count) is allocated before the sale starts.

I think that is wrong though and that is why next seasons points from season tickets should not have been added this season.

To me its people that follow the club home and away all season that should have first crack at the tickets.

Bobby's Cinema
13-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Amit,

I'm not sure what you are saying is right, either that or we have a very low number of season ticket holders.

I am sitting on 335 loyalty points, yet could well miss out on a ticket to somebody that has 180. I feel strongly that the system therefore does not reward loyalty. If I take Brockie for example who has not missed a game in years, how fair is it that he misses out to a season ticket holder who takes in the occasional away game.

Scoop.
You're not too far away from asking for a database league table :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
13-05-2015, 02:49 PM
I think that is wrong though and that is why next seasons points from season tickets should not have been added this season.

To me its people that follow the club home and away all season that should have first crack at the tickets.

Yes, it should be, then operate a sliding scale for any leftover tickets.

Diclonius
13-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Couldn't every ST holder who wants a ticket apply for one in a one day window, then tickets are awarded sequentially based on the number of loyalty points everyone has? That would be the fairest system. :dunno:

southfieldhibby
13-05-2015, 02:50 PM

Aye. someone who's not been to one single away game gets priority over me, who's driven all over Scotland in all types of weather to support the team this year ( and years before that too). It's not fair.

Going forward I can see sense in it, but for the first year allowance shave to be made.

Lucius Apuleius
13-05-2015, 02:53 PM
They have three days to sell them. Never gonna please everyone. Wide banding is correct and ax far as I can see by starting at 180 they are quite rightly ignoring next seasons points.

Diclonius
13-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Ultimately I think anyone who applies on the dot online at 10am for a ticket will recieve one. However I do understand that some people will not have access to the internet at that time.

scoopyboy
13-05-2015, 02:54 PM
They have three days to sell them. Never gonna please everyone. Wide banding is correct and ax far as I can see by starting at 180 they are quite rightly ignoring next seasons points.

They aren't ignoring next seasons points though!!!!

Pete
13-05-2015, 02:56 PM
No, no...Please don't tell me there are people advocating selling rangers the whole end after this. We could easily sell 2-3000 for this but we aren't being allowed to.

All this nonsense about money and not selling our end is irrelevant. There is over a week to go FFS and it's as is some people are simply playing devil's advocate for the sake of it.

The board MUST insist that Rangers get around the same percentage and they can't listen to the media and authorities when they announce this. No doubt they will accuse us of being "unreasonable" but we are getting a less than unreasonable amount for Ibrox as this isn't a normal league game...it's a cup tie.

This "customer" will be absolutely livid if we back down in any way over this.

liamh2202
13-05-2015, 02:57 PM

I think next season's points should not be ignored. Which they are not.. Just means that people who have bought for next year would also have to have went to some games this year. All tickets are equally important

scoopyboy
Couldn't every ST holder who wants a ticket apply for one in a one day window, then tickets are awarded sequentially based on the number of loyalty points everyone has? That would be the fairest system. :dunno:

Sold to that man.

Hibernia&Alba
No, no...Please don't tell me there are people advocating selling rangers the whole end after this. We could easily sell 2-3000 for this but we aren't being allowed to.

All this nonsense about money and not selling our end is irrelevant. There is over a week to go FFS and it's as is some people are simply playing devil's advocate for the sake of it.

The board MUST insist that Rangers get around the same percentage and they can't listen to the media and authorities when they announce this. No doubt they will accuse us of being "unreasonable" but we are getting a less than unreasonable amount for Ibrox as this isn't a normal league game...it's a cup tie.

Well said.

Lucius Apuleius
13-05-2015, 02:58 PM
They aren't ignoring next seasons points though!!!!

By setting the threshold so low it looks like they are. What was the points allocation for this season's sts?

JimBHibees
13-05-2015, 02:59 PM

Agree I reckon by a week on Saturday the game will be close to a sell out or as good as.

southfieldhibby
13-05-2015, 03:01 PM
By setting the threshold so low it looks like they are. What was the points allocation for this season's sts?

They're not, they're actively encouraging and endorsing using next years season ticket points as bait.

I've missed two away games, so 6 points and I'm on 177 as I've not renewed. 150 for season ticket this year and away matches.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 03:02 PM
I cant understand why anyone who's bought a season ticket for NEXT season, should have these points added to THIS seasons total?

Only Hibs could cock something as easy as this up. :rolleyes:

liamh2202
13-05-2015, 03:04 PM
A loyalty scheme should not be over a season. The system would be a lot fairer if points were not reset. It would be so simple to use a program where you put in the amount of tickets available and that works out from the database where the cut offs should be.. I really think we are over complicating a system that other clubs have used for years

ano hibby
13-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Disagree strongly. Why have a scheme then if there are no benefit of accumulating loyalty points for away games. My point is the same as scoopy. I have been to all the away games but am in the mix with ST holders who may have been to no away games.
And I'm sorry Amit your numbers don't add up to me, could you define 'minimal' pls if you can, thanks.

S4uzee
I cant understand why anyone who's bought a season ticket for NEXT season, should have these points added to THIS seasons total?

:agree:

liamh2202

Because hibs have the money for those as much as they do for this seasons.? I don't understand the whole idea of resetting every season
How are you Anyway? BTW I'm the gala keeper who you once shared a journey to Blackpool with ;)

Canon Hannan
13-05-2015, 03:07 PM

I WOULD LOVE to sit in amongst them reporting them to stewards for bigotry. Shop a fan I think it Is called?
See how many you could ban?! hahaha

marinello59
13-05-2015, 03:08 PM
The points limit should be set at a level that guarantees a ticket then reduced in stages until they're all gone. It's the system used by the SFA for Scotland away games and is absolutely fair.

The time constraint here makes that a problem though. I can see the merits in doing that in the future though.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Because hibs have the money for those as much as they do for this seasons.? I don't understand the whole idea of resetting every season
How are you Anyway? BTW I'm the gala keeper who you once shared a journey to Blackpool with ;)

Hows it going bud.:thumbsup: Not for me matey, next seasons points in my opinion should be for next season, and it should just be those with the most points get first pick.

Ozyhibby
13-05-2015, 03:20 PM
I can see us needing a separate board for loyalty point arguments. A new way for the Uber fan to express his superiority.

green&left
13-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Amit,

Scoop.

Agree with this. 310 points would be current ST holder, plus renewed plus a couple of away games/cup games etc. Then if they don't go lower it to 250, then 200 etc until sold out.

180 is essentially just ST holders and current season tickets. Even if you havn't been to an away game you'll have as much a chance of a ticket as someone who has been to them all. Pretty poor planning from Hibs and kinda defeats the loyalty point system IMO.

Of course on the flip side it could be QoTS and all this could be irrelevant.

silverhibee
13-05-2015, 03:24 PM

Why should they get the same, we have a smaller ground and we should only be offering them 450 tickets for the away stand in the bottom corner, Hibs fans will turn out in numbers for this one (if it is "the" Rangers we meet) and let them no what it is like to be surrounded by 1000s of Hibs fan, will leave the rest to your imagination what it will be like for the 450 that turn up. :wink: :greengrin

The pies will defo sell out in the away stand for that game. :wink:

S4uzee
13-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Is it true that if a ST holder bought a ticket for a friend for say the Alloa home game, then that ST holder would get loyalty points added to their name? even though they have the points from a ST?

lyonhibs
13-05-2015, 03:25 PM

If your last sentence is true, then I'm all for it.

Indeed I'm all for the principle of Hibs telling them to ram it either way, but if our own ticket sales aren't looking like filling it, I can't see Hibs buying the "leave it empty " policy

silverhibee
13-05-2015, 03:26 PM

There is no other option, or we will be soft touches forever.

Hibernia&Alba
I can see us needing a separate board for loyalty point arguments. A new way for the Uber fan to express his superiority.

It's a question of fairness, rather than superiority, Ozy. I've only been to around half a dozen away games this season, yet might get a ticket ahead of someone who hasn't missed a game. As much as I'd love a ticket, that doesn't seem right.

Ozyhibby

Indeed I'm all for the principle of Hibs telling them to ram it either way, but if our own ticket sales aren't looking like filling it, I can't see Hibs buying the "leave it empty " policy

Even if it only brings in an extra £13.5k?

silverhibee
13-05-2015, 03:29 PM
It doesn't appear so if you take the discussions on here so far we are struggling to sell a decent number of tickets.

Can't say I'm too bothered by ayn tit for tat stuff. We've won there plenty of times with small supports and we have beaten them at our place when they have brough big supports.

They seem confident they will sell out and need the seats, we don't look like we are in that position.

If it is them we are playing, we will sell the ground out or come close to it for a play off game, if we don't sell out then so what, they should only get around 400 tickets no matter what our crowd is.

Lucius Apuleius
13-05-2015, 03:32 PM
They're not, they're actively encouraging and endorsing using next years season ticket points as bait.

I've missed two away games, so 6 points and I'm on 177 as I've not renewed. 150 for season ticket this year and away matches.

So those getting first dibs are ST holders who have bought a couple of tickets this season. Don't see how this is bringing in next season's STs. You unfortunately cannot be credited for most away games this season as the system was not in place. They cannot do it in any more phases as they don't have the time.

silverhibee
13-05-2015, 03:33 PM

Pretty sure we would be selling more than 11,000 for this game.

lyonhibs
13-05-2015, 03:34 PM
Even if it only brings in an extra £13.5k?

If you believe that having 3500 Huns in the away end will materially effect Hibs chances on the pitch, then no, of course not.

If you think we're the better team and will do our talking on the pitch regardless of how many filthy Huns there are, then 13 grand is still 13 grand.

All hypothetical of course, we don't know what might be going on behind the scenes, but if there's fighting talk to be had from LD we'll know about it sooner rather than later if previous events are anything to go by.

Pete
13-05-2015, 03:37 PM

Maybe a few years ago with Petrie calling the shots I could see Hibs thinking like this.

If there are still people at my club thinking this way who are thinking about "filling the ground" in this fashion then I want them out. They obviously don't have a clue.

erin go bragh
13-05-2015, 03:39 PM
If it is them we are playing, we will sell the ground out or come close to it for a play off game, if we don't sell out then so what, they should only get around 400 tickets no matter what our crowd is.

So we are getting 2% of their capacity . We better be giving them the same 2% of our capacity . So your spot on with the 400 . They can ram their ticket for castle greyskull right up where the sun dont shine .

GGTTH

silverhibee
13-05-2015, 03:40 PM

Well said Peter. Big test for Leeann.

Pete
13-05-2015, 03:42 PM
If you believe that having 3500 Huns in the away end will materially effect Hibs chances on the pitch, then no, of course not.

If you think we're the better team and will do our talking on the pitch regardless of how many filthy Huns there are, then 13 grand is still 13 grand.

Maybe you should ask the players if they think having a noisy away support helps them. I can guarantee you that they will say it does.

...and what about all of us who have no chance of getting to Ibrox? We're being shafted again and we have to react, not just look for positives in the scenario that you think is most likely to occur.

£13000? £130000? I couldn't care less. This is also about principles and above all, fairness.

Lee Marvin
13-05-2015, 03:50 PM

All hypothetical of course, we don't know what might be going on behind the scenes, but if there's fighting talk to be had from LD we'll know about it sooner rather than later if previous events are anything to go by.

Drivel

IanM
13-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Personally I think they'll fall at home against QOS so it's probably irrelevant how many we give them.

What we need to do is sell sell sell the Hibs end regardless. They just about sold out the away end not long ago and got papped 4-0 so let's worry too much about how many they're allowed to bring

silverhibee
13-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Can we have another thread for loyalty points please.

If the new club and QOTS have announced how many tickets we are getting for the away play off game then why have we not heard from Hibs on how many we are giving to QOTS and the new club.

Hibs need to release a statement pretty soon about there disappointment about how many tickets are being allocated to us for the game if it is the new club and announce how many huns will be allowed in our ground.

Be strong on this one Leeann and make the right decision. This isn't about money.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Disagree strongly. Why have a scheme then if there are no benefit of accumulating loyalty points for away games. My point is the same as scoopy. I have been to all the away games but am in the mix with ST holders who may have been to no away games.
And I'm sorry Amit your numbers don't add up to me, could you define 'minimal' pls if you can, thanks.

Away games are another way of building up points if you don't buy a season ticket.

I think its very dangerous ground if you are going to knock season ticket holders down the order. Ultimately those are the people who pay the cash up front early on for the home games, which is what allows Hibs to know their budget for the year.

lyonhibs
13-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Drivel

Any particular part, or the whole lot ?

I'm all for telling Rangers to ram it, as previously mentioned. But not because I think having 3500 Huns makes the professional football players of Hibernian FC somehow more likely to lose, but because of the fairness in terms of supporter treatment angle mentioned elsewhere.

I have a hunch LD will feel likewise

Andy74
13-05-2015, 03:59 PM

If the new club and QOTS have announced how many tickets we are getting for the away play off game then why have we not heard from Hibs on how many we are giving to QOTS and the new club.

Hibs need to release a statement pretty soon about there disappointment about how many tickets are being allocated to us for the game if it is the new club and announce how many huns will be allowed in our ground.

Be strong on this one Leeann and make the right decision. This isn't about money.

I think it would be unfair to judge whatever LD comes up with on strength or assuming its about cash.

There is more to this for us to think about as we are unlikey to sell those seats ourselves. Our average of about 10,000 or less points to this.

I would imagine she would not simplify this to the level of more support means an improved performance for any team. I think for example there would be a real danger of a low attendance and a poor atmosphere if we cut the allocation which could affect our performace even more. That's just another argument.

If Hibs come up with an answer different to your view it should not be assumed its about being weak or that it is based just on money.

jane_says
13-05-2015, 04:04 PM

I haven't renewed my season ticket and only have 170, so I would say the new system rewards people that go to away games as well, not delighted that I'll miss out, but I'm not complaining, fully appreciate there are people that go more than me. I'd say 180 is a good level to pitch it at.

Pete
13-05-2015, 04:04 PM
I think it would be unfair to judge whatever LD comes up with on strength or assuming its about cash.

There is more to this for us to think about as we are unlikey to sell those seats ourselves. Our average of about 10,000 or less points to this.

I would imagine she would not simplify this to the level of more support means an improved performance for any team. I think for example there would be a real danger of a low attendance and a poor atmosphere if we cut the allocation which could affect our performace even more. That's just another argument.

If Hibs come up with an answer different to your view it should not be assumed its about being weak or that it is based just on money.

I respect you as a poster Andy but this argument you are putting forward is nonsense from top to bottom.

You think we won't get near selling out because of our league attendances? More rangers fans will mean a better atmosphere...who for, the neutral?

I don't even know where to start.

kaimendhibs
13-05-2015, 04:06 PM
Please Leeann, only the minimum number of tickets to sevco for this game!!

Pete
13-05-2015, 04:06 PM

Agree about having two threads.

There are two very important issues here.

Well, one for me as I don't have a hope in hell of getting one for Ibrox thanks to the ridiculous allocation.

Hey, the atmosphere will be great so who cares?

PatHead
13-05-2015, 04:07 PM
Hi Amit

What is the feeling amongst the board re limiting The Rangers fans to 400 tickets irrespective of how many we have sold by tomorrow?

Please note the strength of feeling on here and the bounce when the discussion is taken. I think it would send out a real message to supporters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Amit;4370817]Hi Scoopyboy,

Hope you are well fella.

Cheers,

Amit

Amit
13-05-2015, 04:12 PM

200 supporters was the difference.

ano hibby
13-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Away games are another way of building up points if you don't buy a season ticket.

I think its very dangerous ground if you are going to knock season ticket holders down the order. Ultimately those are the people who pay the cash up front early on for the home games, which is what allows Hibs to know their budget for the year.

STs are not knocked down the order though. STs + away attenders (should IMO) get priority over ST's. Surely that was the point of the loyalty scheme. Otherwise what's the point of the loyalty scheme?

renato
13-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Well said Peter D, Silver and H&A.

That's a joke of a decision from Sevco and it'll be a disgrace if we don't cut their allocation accordingly, should they get past QoS.

I really hope the board understand the strength of feeling on this...

ano hibby
13-05-2015, 04:21 PM

Thanks for answering specifically.
Maybe my Q is how many 320(say) + points holders are there?

Amit
13-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Thanks for answering specifically.
Maybe my Q is how many 320(say) + points holders are there?

Not sure about 320+ but 300+ was 4300 [emoji106]

Andy74
13-05-2015, 04:25 PM
I respect you as a poster Andy but this argument you are putting forward is nonsense from top to bottom.

You think we won't get near selling out because of our league attendances? More rangers fans will mean a better atmosphere...who for, the neutral?

I don't even know where to start.

Take out an away support and there isn't any way we will be selling out almost 20,000 tickets on our own, it's just not going to happen. I'd love it to be different but our home support has been consistently disdappointing even in what I've thought to have been bigger games or after bigger results.

How many have we had in the home ends for the Rangers and Hearts games so far?

More away fans means a better atmosphere overall, supports tends to work against each other. I can't recall us making a decent atmosphere recently at games with little away support.

I do get the argument of just telling them to stick it but other than just a tit for tat I'm not sure what other benefit there is. I'm not certain that fans correlate to performance.

Albanian Hibs
13-05-2015, 04:25 PM
I have 179pts 😯

Andy74
13-05-2015, 04:26 PM
STs are not knocked down the order though. STs + away attenders (should IMO) get priority over ST's. Surely that was the point of the loyalty scheme. Otherwise what's the point of the loyalty scheme?

That would be knocking down those that can't make many away games - that is dangerous to devalue a ST behind those that can get to both.

Paisley Hibby
13-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Take out an away support and there isn't any way we will be selling out almost 20,000 tickets on our own, it's just not going to happen. I'd love it to be different but our home support has been consistently disdappointing even in what I've thought to have been bigger games or after bigger results.

GHow many have we had in the home ends for the Rangers and Hearts games so far?

More away fans means a better atmosphere overall, supports tends to work against each other. I can't recall us making a decent atmosphere recently at games with little away support.

I do get the argument of just telling them to stick it but other than just a tit for tat I'm not sure what other benefit there is. I'm not certain that fans correlate to performance.

So we just bend over and take it??? You serious??? If it wasn't for the number of posts you've made I'd have sworn you were a Yam :rolleyes:

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2015, 04:35 PM

Amit,

Is it right that someone who has been to say 6 home games this year and bought a season ticket for next year should have the same priority for a ticket alongside someone who has a season ticket this year, been to all away games and has renewed for next season??

That doesn't seem to be rewarding "loyalty" to me

Nando™
Quite a few instances of "if we give them the whole south stand then we deserve to stay down" from many people today already.

F***ing morons to a man, the most ridiculous pile of foosty pish ever puked into existence.

Elephant Stone
The difference between us having the whole Broomloan and the corner is pretty huge in terms of how much noise can be made, it's bound to be an advantage for their players. We absolutely should be giving our players the same advantage at home, that's not out of spite but it seems the right thing to do for our players. I would also do it out of spite.

Pete
13-05-2015, 04:36 PM

How many have we had in the home ends for the Rangers and Hearts games so far?

Andy, this game is different so please don't try comparing it to a league game. Your arguments are the very ones Rangers and the media will use should we give them anything less than the whole end so at least we are getting them out the way.

I wouldn't actually say anything more on this. Rangers might cotton on to your theory that having more away fans will be an advantage to them and we don't want that.

On second thoughts, bash on. If they increase our allocation then the thousands of people like myself won't be locked out of Ibrox. Sorry if that sounds selfish.

Big_Franck
13-05-2015, 04:39 PM
I've just read the announcement on the official site. I suspected they would give us the usual 900.

We should give them 900 max, preferably whatever the percentage of tickets they have given us as I suspect it's even lower.

Big test of the board here for me.

Pete
13-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Quite a few instances of "if we give them the whole south stand then we deserve to stay down" from many people today already.

F***ing morons to a man, the most ridiculous pile of foosty pish ever puked into existence.

They have every bloody right to be fuming. This is a big test of our boards ambition and how much they are willing to stand up to the bias institution that is Scottish Football.

B.H.F.C
13-05-2015, 04:41 PM
They'd be as well scrapping the loyalty scheme based on this decision. It doesn't reward those that are most loyal.

I'm not advocating that they selected the 950 top point holders and made that the cut off. But to have people who have attended every away game, with a season ticket this year and next in the same priority group as someone who could have bought a season ticket for next year and been at a few games this season is just wrong.

Nando™
13-05-2015, 04:42 PM
They have every bloody right to be fuming. This is a big test of our boards ambition and how much they are willing to stand up to the bias institution that is Scottish Football.

They can fume if they like, that's expected. But statements like what I posted is borderline insanity.

scoopyboy
13-05-2015, 04:43 PM

So 4300 fans have over 300 points and the limit has been set at 180.

So even if the limit was 300 over 3000 fans were missing out.

To set the limit at 180 makes the loyalty system a complete and utter waste of time.

Funny how it is the loyal fans who get **** on year in year out.

Pete
13-05-2015, 04:46 PM
They can fume if they like, that's expected. But statements like what I posted is borderline insanity.

I don't think they mean it literally. It would perhaps demonstrate that nothing has really changed at the top.

Amit
13-05-2015, 04:48 PM

To set the limit at 180 makes the loyalty system a complete and utter waste of time.

180+ was 4500
300+ was 4300

A difference of 200 supporters.

HH81
13-05-2015, 04:48 PM
You would think the club would read this thread? Hope so as would see how unhappy a lot are at this decision if we play Rangers.

My_Wife_Camille
13-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Give them as few tickets as possible. This game is bigger than a bit of cash (most of which goes to the SPFL anyway.)

We need to give ourselves every advantage we can get, no matter how small it may seem.

SteveHFC
13-05-2015, 04:53 PM
They'd be as well scrapping the loyalty scheme based on this decision. It doesn't reward those that are most loyal.

I'm not advocating that they selected the 950 top point holders and made that the cut off. But to have people who have attended every away game, with a season ticket this year and next in the same priority group as someone who could have bought a season ticket for next year and been at a few games this season is just wrong.

:top marks

B.H.F.C
13-05-2015, 04:55 PM
180+ was 4500
300+ was 4300

Amit, when the club launched the loyalty scheme was it not stated that next seasons points would be allocated next year? If so, what changed?

180 points would be fine as a threshold of next seasons points weren't included as it would mean the most loyal supporters would have been rewarded.

The way it has been set, supporters who haven't even been at an away game or had a season ticket this year could be in the same priority group as me. How is my loyalty being rewarded for the season by giving me a one in 4.5 chance of getting a ticket?

Nando™
13-05-2015, 05:00 PM
I don't think they mean it literally. It would perhaps demonstrate that nothing has really changed at the top.

I bloody well hope not.

SteveHFC
13-05-2015, 05:02 PM

:top markstime for a quick rethink hibs, why can't the club give the top points holders the chance to prebook tickets before monday no matter who we are playing

SunshineOnLeith
13-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Given how much of the ticket money we have to hand over to the SPFL anyway, give them a pro-rated share regardless of whether we sell out.

Brooster
13-05-2015, 05:04 PM
180+ was 4500
300+ was 4300

You seem to be missing the point Amit. Please explain how you are rewarding lotalty. I could well lose out to someone who has never been to an away game. This has been very badly thought out to say the least.

B.H.F.C
13-05-2015, 05:05 PM
:top markstime for a quick rethink hibs, why can't the club give the top points holders the chance to prebook tickets before monday no matter who we are playing

No chance they will rethink it and change their mind. They absolutely should though.

What they have set it at is ridiculous.

iwasthere1972
13-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Probably already been mentioned and I'm not going to waste my time reading all the posts but seems pointless adding next season's points to this season's points if they are being reset at the end of the season. I think I have 315 points. If the points are rolling over to next season then fair enough. I won't be going to Ibrox or Palmerston as I'll, like a lot of Hibs fans, will be working that day and wouldn't make it on time.

However if we get past the unwashed or QoTS I'll be wanting a ticket for the next away game.

DH1875
13-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Surely the easiest way around the 180 points issue would be to take next seasons ST points off everyones total. That way no one would have 300+ points. If you've bought a ST for next season, that's for next season. Why should a guy who's been to every game this season miss out to a guy who has renewed for next year but hasn't been to an away game all year.

MoscowHibs
13-05-2015, 05:10 PM
No matter how many tickets we give to the Huns, there will be hundreds of them roaming about without a ticket, pissing in the street, shouting their sectarian bile at one and all. Witnessed it here in Forfar couple of years ago.

SteveHFC
13-05-2015, 05:11 PM
No chance they will rethink it and change their mind. They absolutely should though.

What they have set it at is ridiculous.

What is worrying is that the club and fans reps couldn't see this coming,

iwasthere1972
13-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Surely the easiest way around the 180 points issue would be to take next seasons ST points off everyones total. That way no one would have 300+ points. If you've bought a ST for next season, that's for next season. Why should a guy who's been to every game this season miss out to a guy who has renewed for next year but hasn't been to an away game all year.

Totally agree.

Hibernia&Alba
13-05-2015, 05:13 PM
I've just read the announcement on the official site. I suspected they would give us the usual 900.

We should give them 900 max, preferably whatever the percentage of tickets they have given us as I suspect it's even lower.

Big test of the board here for me.

We should give them the same percentage of seats they're giving us - 400. If Hibs compromised on 900, I would grudgingly live with it; but giving them the entire away end would be a pish take. That would just be a case of Rangers announcing how many tickets they'd like, and Hibs handing them over. It's a tie over two legs - we take the same line as them.

B.H.F.C
13-05-2015, 05:14 PM
What is worrying is that the club and fans reps couldn't see this coming,

Exactly. I just can't understand how they sat down and thought that this was a fair way to do it.

As I say, they really should have a rethink. Points for next year should be removed. Only points from this year should count. When they announced the scheme they said points wouldn't roll over. So surely it should only be points obtained this year that count.

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2015, 05:15 PM
The most un-loyal loyalty scheme I have ever been a part of

iwasthere1972
13-05-2015, 05:17 PM
It would be absolutely hilarious if the new Billy Boys get absolutely horsed by QoTS. They could then stick their ticket allocation where the sun don't shine.

greenginger
13-05-2015, 05:19 PM
http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootball leagueasat16march2015_1427989854.pdf

Page 77 Rule 127.

Looks like the SPFL Board can tell us how many Sevconians we must accommodate for the game.

CraigHibee
13-05-2015, 05:23 PM
we should be giving sevco the absolute minimum for tickets, time for them to get a taste of their own medicine

lyonhibs
13-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Amit,

Is it right that someone who has been to say 6 home games this year and bought a season ticket for next year should have the same priority for a ticket alongside someone who has a season ticket this year, been to all away games and has renewed for next season??

That doesn't seem to be rewarding "loyalty" to me

The numbers of people that fall into your 2nd bracket " is very small, as Amit had already clarified

Amit
13-05-2015, 05:25 PM
You seem to be missing the point Amit. Please explain how you are rewarding lotalty. I could well lose out to someone who has never been to an away game. This has been very badly thought out to say the least.

I take your point and the system is not anywhere near perfect or the finished article.

Obviously the loyalty point system has only kicked in recently and this is something we'll work on going forward.

Cheers for the feedback. Appreciated.

shetlandhibee
13-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Give them as few tickets as possible. This game is bigger than a bit of cash (most of which goes to the SPFL anyway.)

We need to give ourselves every advantage we can get, no matter how small it may seem.

Lee Marvin
13-05-2015, 05:31 PM
If leanne does limit their tickets to 400-500, it will do her the world of good in goodwill and trust terms with supporters. And this, in respect to what has happened recently at hibs, is what we need as a support. Come on Leanne, lets do the right thing!!

Pete
http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootball leagueasat16march2015_1427989854.pdf

Page 77 Rule 127.

Looks like the SPFL Board can tell us how many Sevconians we must accommodate for the game.

900 wasn't "reasonable". 400 for them is perfectly "reasonable" given the circumstances and if the huns don't like it they should have been more generous to ourselves.

Any pro-Glasgow crap from the SPFL and we simply must fight it tooth and nail.

BoomtownHibees
The numbers of people that fall into your 2nd bracket " is very small, as Amit had already clarified

What he said was that there was minimal difference between 180 and 300. If there are say 2000 supporters on 320 and above, then set 320 as the threshold. Somebody who has been to a few home games this year should not have the same priority as a season ticket holder

B.H.F.C
13-05-2015, 05:32 PM
I take your point and the system is not anywhere near perfect or the finished article.

Obviously the loyalty point system has only kicked in recently and this is something we'll work on going forward.

Amit, don't pull out the 'it's a new system' card.

It totals the points up. It's human beings that make the decision on how many points you need to apply for tickets for a specific game. The most loyal supporters aren't being rewarded here and it's no fault of the system. It's the people who have made the decision to open up priority to such a large group.

Jack Hackett
13-05-2015, 05:32 PM

Page 77 Rule 127.

"The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding."

.....Looks to me as if the the rankgers have already set 'reasonable' at 2%. They can't then argue that 2% of Easter Road is un reasonable. The point that sets my bells ringing is "as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club".....so who at Hibs would have agreed this figure?

SteveHFC
13-05-2015, 05:35 PM

let get this sorted now not going forward we may not have this situation again for years to come

Pete
13-05-2015, 05:36 PM
"The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding."

.....Looks to me as if the the rankgers have already set 'reasonable' at 2%. They can't then argue that 2% of Easter Road is un reasonable. The point that sets my bells ringing is "as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club".....so who at Hibs would have agreed this figure?

It's less than 14 days before the match anyway. We should give them **** all :greengrin

craigmounthibby
13-05-2015, 05:41 PM

Amit,

I'm gutted about this. I'm one of 3 who have travelled to every game this season, and have 335 points (the maximum I assume?) but if we're playing the rangers we could all miss out unless we're quick off the mark for telephone/online sales at 10am, or have someone available to queue from stupid o'clock on Monday morning? In what way has our loyalty been rewarded?

B.H.F.C
13-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Amit,

I'm gutted about this. I'm one of 3 who have travelled to every game this season, and have 335 points (the maximum I assume?) but if we're playing the rangers we could all miss out unless we're quick off the mark for telephone/online sales at 10am, or have someone available to queue from stupid o'clock on Monday morning? In what way has our loyalty been rewarded?

This is my question also, and is one that needs answered.

SteveHFC
13-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Amit,

there are many of us in same boat, come on hibs lets get this sorted now while we have the time

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 05:50 PM

We just took 17+ thousand to Hampden. I will bet you anything you like we will have more than 10 thousand fans at the game.

CB_NO3
13-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Amit,

100% spot on.

Stokesy's on fire
13-05-2015, 05:55 PM
No Pope of Rome
Hello hello
Super Rangers

I agree!!

They call football supports a 12th man they don't want us to have our 12th man so it's only fair that they don't get theirs! Leave the stand empty if need be

Andy74
13-05-2015, 05:56 PM
We just took 17+ thousand to Hampden. I will bet you anything you like we will have more than 10 thousand fans at the game.

Great. If we match that we will only have 2,000 empty seats.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 05:57 PM
I agree!!

They call football supports a 12th man they don't want us to have our 12th man so it's only fair that they don't get theirs! Leave the stand empty if need be

Well said and right to the point. :top marks

ano hibby
13-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Amit,

Yes this loyal fan also completely disillusioned with this decision.
My loyalty is unrewarded. There is still time to fix this Amit.

emerald green
13-05-2015, 06:01 PM
we should be giving sevco the absolute minimum for tickets, time for them to get a taste of their own medicine

:agree: The Rangers get every "advantage" going. Even trying to let them play their final league match after everyone else which was swept under the carpet eventually. Having 3,500 Huns belting out their bile gives them a big lift, so the fewer of them there the better. (I'm still hoping it will be QOS which will be a very difficult tie).

Please Leeann, only the minimum number of tickets to sevco for this game!!

:agree: If it was up to me I would give the Orcs f*** all tickets, but I know that wont happen. So absolute minimum, and take the hit financially. It would be worth it if it made the difference between winning this tie and not (assuming it's The Rangers).

The difference between us having the whole Broomloan and the corner is pretty huge in terms of how much noise can be made, it's bound to be an advantage for their players. We absolutely should be giving our players the same advantage at home, that's not out of spite but it seems the right thing to do for our players. I would also do it out of spite.

:agree: See my post above regarding them making a lot of noise when belting out their guff. The less noise from them the better.

B.H.F.C
13-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Great. If we match that we will only have 2,000 empty seats.

At £15 a seat that's 30k. Half to the spfl. Pay the tax etc so we'd hardly be missing out on anything whilst the Rangers would be missing out on a good chunk of backing. Sounds all right to me.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 06:05 PM
At £15 a seat that's 30k. Half to the spfl. Pay the tax etc so we'd hardly be missing out on anything whilst the Rangers would be missing out on a good chunk of backing. Sounds all right to me.

If that happens great.

Forgive me if I'm finding this an interesting argument given I've been sitting with around 8,000 others even at bigger home games.

Many of these that thought we weren't worth watching are now arguing for the opposition to get less tickets. It's great.

trev the hat
13-05-2015, 06:05 PM
If ever there was an opportunity to stand up for ourselves on ticket allocation this is surely it. The zombies should be firmly put in their place & given max 400 tickets.
Given that half the gate receipts go direct to SPFL anyway.
Even if we were only to fill the South upper leaving the Huns in bottom 2 rows nearest the West.
Leaving lower sections 26, 27 & 28 would be a massive statement in itself.
If a poll was done on this fans would overwhelmingly support it fully imo.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Amit,

That's always been the case though with season ticket holders. Not in favour at all of any system where a ST holder finds themselves down the queue. STs were also sold on this basis before this scheme came in.

B.H.F.C
13-05-2015, 06:09 PM
If that happens great.

Forgive me if I'm finding this an interesting argument given I've been sitting with around 8,000 others even at bigger home games.

Many of these that thought we weren't worth watching are now arguing for the opposition to get less tickets. It's great.

When have you been with 8000 others at a bigger game than a playoff semi final? Something else you've just made up to suit your argument.

.Sean.
13-05-2015, 06:10 PM
What a load of absolute bull**** :agree:

A loyalty system that doesn't reward loyalty, load of nonsense.

The club could easily looked over their ticket system and set the bar for these tickets for those who've held a season ticket for 5-10 years or those who are on record as having regularly attended away games over the same period. This is awful and as Brooster has alluded to, many of us who have attended games at Ibrox for many years could miss out to folk who've never bothered going before. What a joke.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 06:11 PM
When have you been with 8000 others at a bigger game than a playoff semi final? Something else you've just made up to suit your argument.

I meant at the 'bigger' home games.

Iggy Pope
13-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Sorry Amit, but it seems you're in the firing line.

I'm on 335 'loyalty' points. I go to every single game I can and miss few.
If I miss this game will you be happy to report back to the board that you've lost a Season Holder of some 30 years that is now reverting to walk-up instead? (And a Shareholder AND an HSL contributor...wheres the points for those?)
I only had to queue up once for a ticket LAST season and that was for the Play Offs too. Loyalty?
Ballot required now for anyone on 300+.
There must be more than 950 of us. If I miss out then so be it.At least it sounds fair.

ano hibby
13-05-2015, 06:14 PM
That's always been the case though with season ticket holders. Not in favour at all of any system where a ST holder finds themselves down the queue. STs were also sold on this basis before this scheme came in.

So you're saying there should be ST holders then no other categories. You're not answering my earlier Q..what then is the purpose of the loyalty scheme?
The club introduced it presumably for a reason and have basically ignored it.

ano hibby
13-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Sorry Amit, but it seems you're in the firing line.

I'm on 335 'loyalty' points. I go to every single game I can and miss few.
If I miss this game will you be happy to report back to the board that you've lost a Season Holder of some 30 years that is now reverting to walk-up instead? (And a Shareholder AND an HSL contributor...wheres the points for those?)
I only had to queue up once for a ticket LAST season and that was for the Play Offs too. Loyalty?
Ballot required now for anyone on 300+.
There must be more than 950 of us. If I miss out then so be it.At least it sounds fair.
This thanks Iggy.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 06:16 PM
So you're saying there should be ST holders then no other categories. You're not answering my earlier Q..what then is the purpose of the loyalty scheme?
The club introduced it presumably for a reason and have basically ignored it.

ST holders should always be in first category.

The scheme is a way for those who don't buy season tickets to be able build loyalty points and get themselves a potential priority. This was the thing being asked for, not to form a group above existing priority.

As I said STs were sold this season on basis of top priority as usual in any case.

liamh2202
13-05-2015, 06:29 PM

The scheme is a way for those who don't buy season tickets to be able build loyalty points and get themselves a potential priority. This was the thing being asked for, not to form a group above existing priority.

As I said STs were sold this season on basis of top priority as usual in any case.

I agree the loyalty was to create a middle group... Order should still be St holders.... Then loyalty points.... Then general public... At least that was my take on the loyalty scheme

Iggy Pope
13-05-2015, 06:30 PM

There are too many ST holders for this debate and in any case, they get loyalty points.
If they have not already renewed then they should find themselves down the loyalty pecking order.
There is no debate. That is the system we have all bought into since it was introduced.
Season Tickets aren't valid. The game is extra curricular. Loyalty scheme should kick in properly or be damned.
Ballot now for the 300+.

flash
13-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Andy is right. One of the perks of buying a season ticket is priority for all ticket matches not priority for all ticket matches once people who go to away games have had first crack.
That can change next season but not before then.

lyonhibs
13-05-2015, 06:49 PM

Perhaps I'm getting the maths wrong, but based on the above, there's 200 people "more" in the 180+ points group vs the 300+ group.

That means that, if you're a 300+ LP person (total = 4,300), this decision by Hibs to let in these 200 extra people has increased, vs leaving it at 4,300 people, your chances of losing out on a ticket to someone by 4.4% (or at least, that's what the total "pot" of people fighting it out for an - as yet imaginary - Ibrox ticket has been increased by).

It's not exactly an "End of Days" betrayl by Hibs, although I do agree that next season's ST points should be knocked off.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Sevco are quite entitled to give us as many tickets as they wish for Ibrox, there's no question about that.

However we MUST give them the same percentage for Easter Road, that we will get at Ibrox - i.e. around 400 tickets.

There is simply no other option to be considered here.

Position them in the bottom corner of the South stand and give all the Hibs fans who are sitting above them a 90 minute amnesty to treat them in the same way that they treat our fans at Ibrox.

Pies, bovrils, coins, pish etc...

Nothing should be off limits.

Get it right up them.

.Sean.
13-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Sevco are quite entitled to give us as many tickets as they wish for Ibrox, there's no question about that.

However we MUST give them the same percentage for Easter Road, that we will get at Ibrox - i.e. around 400 tickets.

Position them in the bottom corner of the South stand and give all the Hibs fans who are sitting above them a 90 minute amnesty to treat them in the same way that they treat our fans at Ibrox.

Get it right up them.

iwasthere1972
13-05-2015, 06:57 PM

Get it right up them.

Yes and that would be great for the club. Fans getting banning orders and Hibs with a hefty fine.

SteveHFC
13-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Andy is right. One of the perks of buying a season ticket is priority for all ticket matches not priority for all ticket matches once people who go to away games have had first crack.

So why bother giving ST holders points?

.Sean.
13-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Yes and that would be great for the club. Fans getting banning orders and Hibs with a hefty fine.
Maybe Police Scotland/ Strathclyde in disguise will turn a blind eye like they have been doing at Ibrox since the year dot.

lyonhibs
13-05-2015, 07:04 PM

Get it right up them.

When does this ACTUALLY happen at Ibrox? I feel like I'm missing out as I've been several times, sat in that away corner and never had any of the above chucked at me.

Has anyone, in the past 15-20 years at least, GENUINELY had pish chucked at them at Ibrox?? :confused:

Hibs90
13-05-2015, 07:05 PM
Loyalty points are a joke.

Rangers are a joke.

If Hibs give them that South Stand then it's nothing short of a disgrace from Hibs. Give them a block in the upper and that's it.

Won't matter anyway once QOTS horse the fannies

Sir David Gray
13-05-2015, 07:05 PM

The last part of my post wasn't entirely serious (although the first part was) however in my hypothetical example, if we are comparing like for like then nothing would happen to our fans if they behaved like that since their fans get away with such behaviour every single time that we are through there.

Stantons Angel
13-05-2015, 07:08 PM
So why bother giving ST holders points, they don’t need them as they get first chance for tickets, ST holders would then only get points if they went to AWAY games or purchased tickets for friends for home games

As someone who has a season ticket and goes to away games i would like to say that the point awarded for a season ticket are calculated on attending all home games at Easter Road. Because you are paying for the privilege of having the same seat at each home game up front the points are awarded up front!

You then accumulate your away fixtures attended on top of that, this explains why we get the points and that we DO need them!

If we are purchasing tickets for friends who are on the database the point will be awarded to them by the booker, if they are not on the data base the points can be added to the bookers own account. Therefore this will encourage all attenders at home and away games to get themselves on the data base.

Everyone knew that when this system came into being their would be an outcry from people who dont have a season ticket and pick and chose their matches to attend.

The club has stated publicly that they will be monitoring the situation throughout the season and trying to make the system better to suit most supporters.

I hope this information clears this up a little for you.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2015, 07:09 PM
When does this ACTUALLY happen at Ibrox? I feel like I'm missing out as I've been several times, sat in that away corner and never had any of the above chucked at me.

Has anyone, in the past 15-20 years at least, GENUINELY had pish chucked at them at Ibrox?? :confused:

There was a young guy who suffered a facial injury after a coin was thrown at him after our first goal in the 0-2 game back in February and I've also seen people in the past who have had bits of pies/chips thrown at them soaked in tomato sauce.

.Sean.
13-05-2015, 07:10 PM

Off the top of my head, the boy in front if me at the Ramsden's cup game got pelted in the heid with a coin, I had a Bovril lobbed at my arm. Numerous pies, coins, lighters, juices getting lobbed back and forth at the last game too.

never encountered any pish though, thankfully.

Tyler Durden
13-05-2015, 07:14 PM
If that happens great.

17,000 to Hampden last month and about the same attended the Hamilton play off final last year and the new year Derby so I think it's a fair assumption we can shift that many tickets.

Even with worst case scenario a few thousand empty seats it would be a great atmosphere. A decent result in the first leg and I think we'll sell 20k plus no problem

liamh2202
13-05-2015, 07:14 PM

Every game at ibrox this year I've had to take the wee man downstairs to get away from missiles

lyonhibs
13-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Off the top of my head, the boy in front if me at the Ramsden's cup game got pelted in the heid with a coin, I had a Bovril lobbed at my arm. Numerous pies, coins, lighters, juices getting lobbed back and forth at the last game too.

Ok, so the pish bit was an exaggeration, that's what I thought.

Sounds like the Huns haven't enjoyed their wee (hopefully to be extended) dip into the lower leagues. I went to most games at Ibrox from about 2005/6 to 2008/9 and didn't see any REAL trouble of the type described.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2015, 07:17 PM

Me neither but I believe we should go one better and treat them to a real Hibby welcome on the 23rd. :greengrin

Hibs90
13-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Ok, so the pish bit was an exaggeration, that's what I thought.

Sounds like the Huns haven't enjoyed their wee (hopefully to be extended) dip into the lower leagues. I went to most games at Ibrox from about 2005/6 to 2008/9 and didn't see any REAL trouble of the type described.

Never experienced it but seen it happen. Even the pish.

flash
13-05-2015, 07:22 PM

Stantons Angel
13-05-2015, 07:24 PM

Sorry but i must comment on your post.

You have most likely been sitting at the back of the wee corner at the "cauldron of hate" or not attended all of these games their to not have experienced any of the welcome donations made to us by the Rangers supporters around us.

The first game of this season through there saw us return to that place after an absence of three seasons and the behaviour of their fans and the attitude of the police at that game was absolutely shocking to say the least!

I have been to Ibrox many times over a very long time of supporting Hibs and although i have never felt safe there i always managed to put the atmosphere at the back of my mind to enable me to watch the game.

That night really brought it home to me that i was actually breathing the same air as that ****!!

All night long they were showering us with half eaten pies and coins, which saw a small child and elderly man hit. At half time they started to throw cups of what i thought was juice or water at us.

Only to find out when it hit someone around me or the ground that is was in fact urine!

if you were there you would have noticed that the separation that night was two rows of seats between us with no police or stewards around them.

Only when the huns started swaying towards us and challenging people to fight did the police step in and push them back!!

Then we were kept behind the customary half hour after the game and refused access to the toilets.

So many people complained to Hibs about it that the club came out and asked on here for people to email in and tell them how they felt about the evening before. This is only one example i can give you of things like this happening, there are many more.

You have been very lucky to have sat and not seen or been inflicted to this sort of intimidation.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 07:26 PM
17,000 to Hampden last month and about the same attended the Hamilton play off final last year and the new year Derby so I think it's a fair assumption we can shift that many tickets.

Even with worst case scenario a few thousand empty seats it would be a great atmosphere. A decent result in the first leg and I think we'll sell 20k plus no problem

On the other hand only 10,000 turned up for the most recent home game v Rangers. That was an important game at the time too.

If we change this arrangement, and let's not lose sight of the fact Rangers are just keeping it as is, would we be happy saying we will accept 10,000 or 11,000 crowds at Hibs v Rangers games in future?

I'd have thought most fans would want a full house, a good atmosphere and being able to see to them with 4,000 of them looking on.

BoomtownHibees

No really what the website claims:

How will this benefit supporters?

When tickets go on sale for hugely popular games where demand is likely to exceed the allocation, supporters with the most loyalty points will be able to purchase tickets first. Therefore attending more matches, home and away, will mean that you will have a greater chance of being able to attend the games where there is limited allocation.

kaimendhibs
First of all can I say this, I have enough points even if next seasons ticket points are not awarded so hopefully get a ticket. Now my point, I have never been unable to get a ticket for Ibrox this season or before so lots of people who never go there wanting to go this time. That's not Hibs fault

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 07:30 PM
On the other hand only 10,000 turned up for the most recent home game v Rangers. That was an important game at the time too.

If we change this arrangement, and let's not lose sight of the fact Rangers are just keeping it as is, would we be happy saying we will accept 10,000 or 11,000 crowds at Hibs v Rangers games in future?

I'd have thought most fans would want a full house, a good atmosphere and being able to see to them with 4,000 of them looking on.

Your argument is changing like the weather. :confused:

Amit
13-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Perhaps I'm getting the maths wrong, but based on the above, there's 200 people "more" in the 180+ points group vs the 300+ group.

That means that, if you're a 300+ LP person (total = 4,300), this decision by Hibs to let in these 200 extra people has increased, vs leaving it at 4,300 people, your chances of losing out on a ticket to someone by 4.4% (or at least, that's what the total "pot" of people fighting it out for an - as yet imaginary - Ibrox ticket has been increased by).

It's not exactly an "End of Days" betrayl by Hibs, although I do agree that next season's ST points should be knocked off.

Hi Lyonhibs,

Your maths is spot on.

Cheers,

Amit

ano hibby
13-05-2015, 07:34 PM
No really what the website claims:

When tickets go on sale for hugely popular games where demand is likely to exceed the allocation, supporters with the most loyalty points will be able to purchase tickets first. Therefore attending more matches, home and away, will mean that you will have a greater chance of being able to attend the games where there is limited allocation.

Thank you. I have been attending more away games than normal because of the loyalty scheme & I now find it makes no difference. Loyalty scheme has failed its first proper test IMO.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Your argument is changing like the weather. :confused:

In what way?

lyonhibs
13-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Hi Lyonhibs,

Your maths is spot on.

Cheers,

Amit

Just your luck that the majority of those 200 people appear to post on .net :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 07:40 PM
In what way?

This is not a league game.

Why do we need to say we are happy about anything in the future?

You appear wrong in that assessment, by quite a long way in my opinion.

You are not comparing apples with apples, and as someone else said and also Alan Stubbs, he wants us to fill the stadium to give the team a huge backing. Having less of them would surely have the opposite effect or is less more now?

lyonhibs
13-05-2015, 07:45 PM

If we change this arrangement, and let's not lose sight of the fact Rangers are just keeping it as is, would we be happy saying we will accept 10,000 or 11,000 crowds at Hibs v Rangers games in future?Why do we need to say we are happy about anything in the future?

You are not comparing apples with apples, and as someone else said and also Alan Stubbs, he wants us to fill the stadium to give the team a huge backing. Having less of them would surely have the opposite effect or is less more now?

This is the key point. I hope Hibs' fans sell enough tickets to take the decision out of LD's hands.

By that I mean the 3 "normal" home stands sell out sharpish and then - via e-mail, tweets, whatever - those not yet with a ticket make it as clear as day that by giving over the whole South Stand to Rangers, Hibs would be denying Hibs fans who are otherwise ready and willing to buy tickets from supporting their team.

Like I say, I also hope LD tells them to shove it regardless, but the end situation of seeing only 400 (or at least a vastly reduced number) of Huns in Easter Road will be seriously facilitated by the demand from Hibs' fans to include the South Stand.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 07:46 PM

Why do we need to say we are happy about anything in the future?

I do get your point but I don't believe we will be close to filling it ourselves. If we could I'd be keen enough.

I think we need to be careful about the precedent too. Even though it's not a league game. With our average attendance turning down teams that want to bring 4,000 fans is crazy. Can we get away with doing it once? Maybe.

If enough people buy by tomorrow and make Hibs decision for them then I'm happy to say I'm very wrong on this one.

It's just that sitting in crowds every week of 8,000 or so I find these conversations a bit odd.
Even the recent Rangers and Hearts games. Barely 10,000 of us.

CB_NO3
13-05-2015, 07:48 PM
But that is the point in the loyalty scheme. The guys that have a season ticket and go to away games deserve a ticket before season ticket holders that don't go to away games.

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Hi Lyonhibs,

Your maths is spot on.

Cheers,

Amit

Come on Amit. There's a few unanswered questions being put to you that you haven't answered. Don't just pick and choose which ones you respond to.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 07:51 PM
I do get your point but I don't believe we will be close to filling it ourselves. If we could I'd be keen enough.

I think we need to be careful about the precedent too. Even though it's not a league game. With our average attendance turning down teams that want to bring 4,000 fans is crazy. Can we get away with doing it once? Maybe.

If enough people buy by tomorrow and make Hibs decision for them then I'm happy to say I'm very wrong on this one.

It's just that sitting in crowds every week of 8,000 or so I find these conversations a bit odd.
Even the recent Rangers and Hearts games. Barely 10,000 of us.

We have always turned up in decent numbers for these types of games, or big cup matches. This IS all about having as big an advantage as possible.

They have limited us to a pittance, and we should do exactly the same. EVEN if it costs us 13k.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 07:53 PM
But that is the point in the loyalty scheme. The guys that have a season ticket and go to away games deserve a ticket before season ticket holders that don't go to away games.

I don't think that's the point of it at all.

I think if you pay your cash in for a ST you deserve to be on that top group regardless of away games.

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2015, 07:54 PM

I think if you pay your cash in for a ST you deserve to be on that top group regardless of away games.

From the website:

B.H.F.C
13-05-2015, 07:55 PM

Not what the club said when they launched the loyalty scheme.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 07:55 PM
From the website:

What bit there says season ticket holders won't be in the top group with the 'most' points?

Andy74
13-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Not what the club said when they launched the loyalty scheme

What contradicted that then?

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2015, 07:56 PM
What bit there says season ticket holders won't be in the top group with the 'most' points?

Why mention away games at all then. Surely it would be sold on the basis of "buy a season ticket and you will be in the top group"

CB_NO3
13-05-2015, 07:57 PM

So how do you split 950 tickets between 8k fans?

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 07:57 PM

Ballot i suppose?

CB_NO3
13-05-2015, 07:58 PM

And it is the point, hence thats why it's getting done like that.

ano hibby
13-05-2015, 07:59 PM

You're being obtuse now. It clearly states going 'home and away' is a benefit of the scheme. But it turns out going to away games is irrelevant for the scheme. You agree with this I certainly don't and I consider myself to have been misled.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Why mention away games at all then. Surely it would be sold on the basis of "buy a season ticket and you will be in the top group"

It's mentioned because it's relevant to the group who don't have a season ticket. They can build points with home and away games.

Amit
13-05-2015, 08:00 PM
Come on Amit. There's a few unanswered questions being put to you that you haven't answered. Don't just pick and choose which ones you respond to.

Apologies. What would you like me to respond to?

Prior to the loyalty points system (which isn't perfect by any means), and correct me if I am wrong, you only had to be on the database to get a ticket for the last league game at Ibrox. So to a certain extent we managed to limit the tickets for this game.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 08:00 PM
You're being obtuse now. It clearly states going 'home and away' is a benefit of the scheme. But it turns out going to away games is irrelevant for the scheme. You agree with this I certainly don't and I consider myself to have been misled.

No I'm being factual. Away is a benefit if you don't have a ST.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Maybe this is too simplistic so please tell me if it is but why couldn't Hibs have picked the number of points that the 953rd "most loyal" fan is on at the moment and said that people with that number of points or higher will have first shout on any possible tickets for Ibrox?

I know that there will still be some people with the top level of points who might be running the risk of losing out to someone with less points than them but that would surely be a fairer way of distributing the tickets.

:dunno:

Andy74
13-05-2015, 08:02 PM

Same way as always. First come first served in first priority group.

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2015, 08:05 PM

Prior to the loyalty points system (which isn't perfect by any means), and correct me if I am wrong, you only had to be on the database to get a ticket for the last league game at Ibrox. So to a certain extent we managed to limit the tickets for this game.

Why should someone with 332 loyalty points be put in the same priority group as someone on 180?

CB_NO3
13-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Same way as always. First come first served in first priority group.
We will have to agree to disagree. I think the season ticket holders that go to away games should have priority over season ticket holders that don't go to away games.

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2015, 08:08 PM
It's mentioned because it's relevant to the group who don't have a season ticket. They can build points with home and away games.

The way it reads is that a supporter who goes to all games, home and away, would be in the top group. The way the points are working now is that you could have been to 6 home games this season, bought a season ticket for NEXT season, and be in the same group as someone who hasn't missed a game all season and has also renewed for next year.

That's not right.

BoomtownHibees
We will have to agree to disagree. I think the season ticket holders that go to away games should have priority over season ticket holders that don't go to away games.

Which is the point of having a loyalty scheme in the first place

kaimendhibs
Take a quick scwatch at the guys who have been to Ibrox this season and sort it from there?

scoopyboy
13-05-2015, 08:10 PM
The way it reads is that a supporter who goes to all games, home and away, would be in the top group. The way the points are working now is that you could have been to 6 home games this season, bought a season ticket for NEXT season, and be in the same group as someone who hasn't missed a game all season and has also renewed for next year.

That's not right.

100% correct. It's a farce.

B.H.F.C
13-05-2015, 08:10 PM

One from me Amit.

When the scheme was launched the club said that points wouldn't carry forward. Yet we are in a position now where we are counting next seasons points. The original statement gave the impression that you would accrue points each season and these would then reset. Yet here we are, with people sitting with two lots of season ticket points at once. Was this the original intention? The reason I ask is that by allcoating two lots of points, its brought a lot more people in to the priority group for this particular game.

scoopyboy
13-05-2015, 08:11 PM
Which is the point of having a loyalty scheme in the first place

To me they would be as well scrapping it now.

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2015, 08:12 PM
To me they would be as well scrapping it now.

Correct. It has served no purpose whatsoever for the very games it was brought in this season for

Andy74
13-05-2015, 08:12 PM

That's not right.

Someone who goes to all home and away will be in the top group. They just won't be in any group above season ticket holders. Just with them. Nothing I've read suggests anything else. If expect any games where it's relevant will always have the number you get for a ST as a minimum.

Personally I think the points for next year is daft so I'd agree if someone who has bought for next year gets priority for this. Could be a way to encourage buying one I suppose.

givescotlandfreedom
13-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Take a quick scwatch at the guys who have been to Ibrox this season and sort it from there?

:agree: people who were there before there was a loyalty scheme to support the club.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 08:13 PM
One from me Amit.

When the scheme was launched the club said that points wouldn't carry forward. Yet we are in a position now where we are counting next seasons points. The original statement gave the impression that you would accrue points each season and these would then reset. Yet here we are, with people sitting with two lots of season ticket points at once. Was this the original intention? The reason I ask is that by allcoating two lots of points, its brought a lot more people in to the priority group for this particular game.

This I agree with. And I have both.

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Someone who goes to all home and away will be in the top group. They just won't be in any group above season ticket holders. Just with them. Nothing I've read suggests anything else. If expect any games where it's relevant will always have the number you get for a ST as a minimum.

Personally I think the points for next year is daft so I'd agree if someone who has bought for next year gets priority for this. Could be a way to encourage buying one I suppose.

The very point of the loyalty scheme was to reward supporters that go home and away. That to me says that if you have been to every game this season, home and away, you should get priority over someone who has only attended the home games.

kaimendhibs
13-05-2015, 08:15 PM
:agree: people who were there before there was a loyalty scheme to support the club.

👍

scoopyboy
13-05-2015, 08:21 PM
The more I think about it Rangers and Hibs should just agree home fans only.

Hibs have made a right James Hunt of it for Ibrox and it would satisfy most Hibs fans to have no Cream Buns at Easter Road.

Save on stewarding and Police and would give Hibs fans the chance to show if we really could fill our own stadium.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 08:21 PM
The very point of the loyalty scheme was to reward supporters that go home and away. That to me says that if you have been to every game this season, home and away, you should get priority over someone who has only attended the home games.

I repeat that I don't agree that this was the intention.

Reward those that go home and away, of course, give them loyalty points. Help them get priority but the target group to benefit from this is non season ticket holders to give them a shot of also having priority.

I can't agree that the intention was ever to form an extra layer of priority above buying a ST. I also think it would be a huge mistake to do so for the sake of the odd game where it might matter.

There's thousands of tickets each week home and away that people haven't give much of a toss about. This is a pretty unusual circumstance.

Add to it the fact that ST holders bought them knowing they would have priority for any sale.

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2015, 08:24 PM
I repeat that I don't agree that this was the intention.

Reward those that go home and away, of course, give them loyalty points. Help them get priority but the target group to benefit from this is non season ticket holders to give them a shot of also having priority.

I can't agree that the intention was ever to form an extra layer of priority above buying a ST. I also think it would be a huge mistake to do so for the sake of the odd game where it might matter.

There's thousands of tickets each week home and away that people haven't give much of a toss about. This is a pretty unusual circumstance.

Add to it the fact that ST holders bought them knowing they would have priority for any sale.

We can agree to disagree then. May as well just do away with loyalty points for season ticket holders then.

SteveHFC
13-05-2015, 08:26 PM

Correct otherwise you don’t need the point system as ST numbers will always outstrip the number of tickets available for away games in the league

liamh2202
13-05-2015, 08:26 PM
One from me Amit.

Only 200 people as amit stated

SteveHFC
13-05-2015, 08:27 PM
We can agree to disagree then. May as well just do away with loyalty points for season ticket holders then.

as I said earlier no need for points for st

Andy74
13-05-2015, 08:27 PM

Agree with that too but I think they've decided just to allocate the points to
STs then set the points numbers needed accordingly.

There might be a point where you create a second tier or more when it's up and running for long enough into the season by going down through the numbers below. This is more the point of it really.

ano hibby
13-05-2015, 08:28 PM
No I'm being factual. Away is a benefit if you don't have a ST.

The scheme is misleading at best especially given the quote above from the scheme release.
We will have to agree to disagree.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Correct otherwise you don’t need the point system as ST numbers will always outstrip the number of tickets available for away games in the league

Okay but take a Scottish cup final. Previously just season ticket holders then public free for all.

This way people get a way to get into a tier or tiers to be next in line.

This has always been my understanding of what they were trying to do.

liamh2202
13-05-2015, 08:30 PM

I agree. Seasons should always have priority imo. Next year's seasons have also been sold on this proviso.

B.H.F.C
13-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Only 200 people as amit stated

No, that was the difference between 180 and 300 points if I read it correctly.

If points for next season didn't count there would be a lot more who didn't have over 180 points, the priority level for this particular fixture. 180 is the right points level. The issue is that we shouldn't have points allocated for next year which leads to more people having that number of points.

Frazerbob
13-05-2015, 08:32 PM
This debacle just goes to prove what a ridiculous decision it was to introduce a loyalty scheme mid-season, especially when it appears they're making up as they go along.

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Okay but take a Scottish cup final. Previously just season ticket holders then public free for all.

This way people get a way to get into a tier or tiers to be next in line.

This has always been my understanding of what they were trying to do.

What if we had a few games in Europe? (we can dream). Surely any season ticket holder travelling to these away games would be rewarded above season ticket holders who only go at home?

Amit
13-05-2015, 08:35 PM
One from me Amit.

Something for us to look at with respect to including next year's STs. The bands have only been set for these specified games, this doesn't mean the bands will remain at these levels going forward. It was felt that given the move from 180+ to 300+ only resulted in 200 more people being included it would still capture people who have a ST this year (but have yet to renew), been to all the away games and cup games (since the point system started). However, I appreciate the point about this also capturing next year's ST holders (who aren't an STH this year) but had also been to all the away and cup games - so food for thought there.

liamh2202
13-05-2015, 08:35 PM
No, that was the difference between 180 and 300 points if I read it correctly.

if points for next season didn't count there would be a lot more who didn't have over 180 points.

Ah got you.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 08:39 PM
What if we had a few games in Europe? (we can dream). Surely any season ticket holder travelling to these away games would be rewarded above season ticket holders who only go at home?

No, why?

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2015, 08:41 PM
No, why?

That's the point of a loyalty scheme

liamh2202
13-05-2015, 08:42 PM
I don't think we should be prioritising one St holder from another. I am a travelling St holder but I think St holders are the club's lifeblood. If you start taking away guaranteed first dibs on tickets then I think a lot of people would become walk-ups.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 08:44 PM
That's the point of a loyalty scheme

A better example would be a non season ticket holder who goes to an away European game.

It would have counted for nowt in the past. They would now gets points.

That's the point of the scheme. Seems reasonable to me, not for creating groups above priority you should naturally get for committing to a season ticket.