PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: STUBBS: LET'S FILL EASTER ROAD

RSS Bot
12-05-2015, 09:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5428)

CallumLaidlaw
13-05-2015, 06:10 AM
Theres gonna havo be a big rush in tickets. Still seem to be a LOT available!

Canon Hannan
13-05-2015, 06:37 AM

I think it will be filled. I know loads who have not bought yet. Waiting for the winner from the play off. The 3 stands will sell out.

Gatecrasher
13-05-2015, 06:39 AM
The F5 looks like it's filling up nicely.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 06:40 AM
I know lots of us folk from down here who have not bought any yet, but it appears everyone i speak to is going. I'd be surprised if we did not sell out against sevco if its them?

lyonhibs
13-05-2015, 06:47 AM
I think it will be filled. I know loads who have not bought yet. Waiting for the winner from the play off. The 3 stands will sell out.

And if the winner of the play-off isn't who they "expect /want " it to be, then what ?

You don't pay to watch the opposition.

Hopefully this is a home sellout, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't

GreenCastle
13-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Let's do this!

Huge game and the hopefully means less opposition fans at ER.

It's basically a cup final and we need a loud ER!

Pretty Boy
13-05-2015, 08:57 AM
I've still to buy but will do before the cut off for securing my seat tonight.

Think we'll sell 14k plus.

lord bunberry
13-05-2015, 09:11 AM
I've not bought mine either. I'm in the F5 but I'm going to get a ticket in the east.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 09:12 AM

What relevance is it what team we are playing?

lucky
13-05-2015, 09:25 AM
I've not bought mines yet but I'm definitely going. Hibs are pushing hard on ticket sales but we don't know we are playing, also the result of the away leg will play a part on whether it's a sell out or not.

Chuck Rhoades
13-05-2015, 09:28 AM
Actually forgot ST holders had to buy these. Just got the match added to my card now.

Keith_M
13-05-2015, 09:39 AM
What relevance is it what team we are playing?

It actually doesn't bother me but some folk don't like to attend games against either side of the OF, particularly people that have kids.

CallumLaidlaw
13-05-2015, 09:40 AM
I really don't understand why it matters who we are playing. Surely it's about getting along and backing the club in the playoffs. And the tickets are reasonably priced too. Plus we haven't had a home game for the 3 weekends previous.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2015, 09:50 AM
I don't understand why anyone would be holding off until they know who we are playing.

Hibs are playing at home in a promotion play off match and that won't change regardless of which team we end up playing against.

Keith_M
13-05-2015, 09:51 AM
I really don't understand why it matters who we are playing. Surely it's about getting along and backing the club in the playoffs. And the tickets are reasonably priced too. Plus we haven't had a home game for the 3 weekends previous.

I don't understand why anyone would be holding off until they know who we are playing.

Hibs are playing at home in a promotion play off match and that won't change regardless of which team we end up playing against.

See my answer above

lyonhibs
13-05-2015, 10:38 AM
It actually doesn't bother me but some folk don't like to attend games against either side of the OF, particularly people that have kids.

And yet, I'll bet my metaphorical bottom dollar that the attendance of Hibs fans will be higher vs the Rankers that it will be if we're playing QoS. Not by much, but I think there'll be a difference.

Not that we'll ever know for sure obviously

Keith_M
13-05-2015, 10:55 AM
And yet, I'll bet my metaphorical bottom dollar that the attendance of Hibs fans will be higher vs the Rankers that it will be if we're playing QoS. Not by much, but I think there'll be a difference.

Not that we'll ever know for sure obviously

You see, it's easy to make such claims because there's no way whatsoever to be proved wrong.

:wink:

So, I'm betting my bottom Euro that we'd get a bigger crowd against QOTS

:greengrin

oneone73
13-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Just bought mine. Was there an announcement about loyalty points for this game?

Sir David Gray
13-05-2015, 12:01 PM
See my answer above

I have no doubts that some people are put off from going to games against Celtic and Sevco because of their fans' behaviour but I also have no doubts that we'll have a bigger crowd against Sevco than if we play Queen of the South.

GreenCastle
13-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Catch 22...if it is Sevco and more Hibs fans buy tickets then less sevco fans at stadium / around local streets.

So get buying and back Hibs!

KeithTheHibby
13-05-2015, 12:06 PM
I don't understand the logic of anyone holding off. The club have said they will make a decision tomorrow as to whether to give over the whole south stand. This is wholly dependant on whether we are shifting enough tickets to justify doing this.

Those holding off are basically ensuring that the huns \ QoS get the whole south stand. Way to go.

Hibeewilly
13-05-2015, 12:38 PM
I don't understand the logic of anyone holding off. The club have said they will make a decision tomorrow as to whether to give over the whole south stand. This is wholly dependant on whether we are shifting enough tickets to justify doing this.

Those holding off are basically ensuring that the huns \ QoS get the whole south stand. Way to go.
Exactly. Come on Stay aways lets have you back for the biggest game of the season so far

JeMeSouviens
13-05-2015, 12:49 PM
I think it's more likely folk are waiting for the result/performance in the 1st leg rather than who we're playing in it.

PatHead
13-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Was at the ticket office and the sales were steady with about 3 folk in front then 6 behind me. Have folk going from my group who didn't make semi final so 9 of us going instead of 6 who attended semi.

Smartie
13-05-2015, 01:02 PM
I'm holding off until the public sale so I can get tickets to sit next to mates who don't have season tickets/ sit near me.

The downside of our big ground is that we all know we'll get a ticket if we really want one. A smaller capacity might increase our urgency to act.

JimBHibees
13-05-2015, 01:06 PM
I'm holding off until the public sale so I can get tickets to sit next to mates who don't have season tickets/ sit near me.

The downside of our big ground is that we all know we'll get a ticket if we really want one. A smaller capacity might increase our urgency to act.

When is the public sale?

Smartie
13-05-2015, 01:09 PM
When is the public sale?

I got an e-mail yesterday (to my first name too - seemed personal, a nice touch).

"From 5pm on Wednesday 13th May season ticket seats will be released for general sale. You'll still be able to purchase a ticket, but you may not be able to sit in your regular seat."

iwasthere1972
13-05-2015, 01:12 PM
I got an e-mail yesterday (to my first name too - seemed personal, a nice touch).

"From 5pm on Wednesday 13th May season ticket seats will be released for general sale. You'll still be able to purchase a ticket, but you may not be able to sit in your regular seat."

You don't say. :greengrin

Thecat23
13-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Go my tickets yesterday, be great if we did pack it but can't see it. If we make it to the play off final then I think we would!

Del Boy
13-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Buying 6 tomorrow morning

HibbyAndy
13-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Buying 3 next week.

iwasthere1972
13-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Bought two on Monday. One for me and one for my glory hunting brother. :aok:

Pete
Buying some next week too.

We have over a week so it's more than likely...especially if we keep it alive from the first leg.

keep the faith
I would be amazed if anyone calling themself a hibs supporter chose not to attend this game.

HibbyAndy
13-05-2015, 05:01 PM

Where are you guys seeing this ?

murray26
13-05-2015, 05:07 PM
I'm buying 4 definite a possibly 7 tomorrow.. Wasn't going to bother until next week but I see the importance of buying early for this one.. We'll sell 16000 minimum..

HibbyAndy
13-05-2015, 05:13 PM
I'm buying 4 definite a possibly 7 tomorrow.. Wasn't going to bother until next week but I see the importance of buying early for this one.. We'll sell 16000 minimum..

Yep i'm now buying tomorrow instead of next week, Can you buy them over the phone and get them delivered you ken ? Save me a jaunt doon tae Leith.

iwasthere1972
13-05-2015, 05:40 PM
:aok:
Yep i'm now buying tomorrow instead of next week, Can you buy them over the phone and get them delivered you ken ? Save me a jaunt doon tae Leith.

Print at home Andy or if you haven't got a printer then just forward me the email from Hibs with the attachment and I'll print them off for you at work and post them to you. No postage either as I have plenty stamps. If they get lost you still have the email to print again.

Simples. :aok:

Blaster
13-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Could people waiting till next week not purchase now if they can do so as it will influence the boards decision on the south stand.

Based on what people are suggesting sales so far do not back up the fact we may want some of the South stand for ourselves

For me that's the best reason to tell the 'away team' that they are getting fewer than normal

Pete
13-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Could people waiting till next week not purchase now if they can do so as it will influence the boards decision on the south stand.

Based on what people are suggesting sales so far do not back up the fact we may want some of the South stand for ourselves

For me that's the best reason to tell the 'away team' that they are getting fewer than normal

We shouldn't need sales figures to back up any argument.

I know what point you are trying to make but it's infuriating that it might even be relevant.

B.H.F.C
13-05-2015, 05:51 PM

I know what point you are trying to make but it's infuriating that it might even be relevant.

I'm with you, especially after today's announcement.

This decision should be 100% based on football. Not finance. Long term, you can't go cutting allocations unless you have demand for the seats. But for this one game you can take the hit. It's not even a hit because you can't miss what you haven't had or budgeted for.

If Hibs were to come out and say that they were cutting the Rangers allocation it may encourage people to buy if they could see we were actually standing up to them.

Stokesy's on fire
13-05-2015, 05:53 PM
This is a big game and people should turn up and make our Home our own! I really hope to not be reading silly excuses over the next few days as to why people are still staying away.

Blaster
13-05-2015, 05:55 PM

I was trying to take that separate argument out of the equation. Everyone has their own opinion and I too would like them restricted. However taking a step back and looking from a neutral point of view

Q1- how many tickets are we getting for ibrox
A- same as usual

Q2- how many would we like to give them
A- a few hundred which is less than the 3800 we normally give them

A neutral viewpoint could understand if we expected to sell some tickets in that stand but the likelihood is we won't

Just playing Devils advocate 😉😉

emerald green
13-05-2015, 06:17 PM
I would be amazed if anyone calling themself a hibs supporter chose not to attend this game.

:agree: This match is just so important for this club, and the fans backing might just make the difference.

If Hibs can take 16,000+ through to Hampden for a cup semi-final against Falkirk, with all the expense involved in that, surely the supporters can at least fill the three home stands for this match?

I just hope Hibs also get a decent result in the first leg.

Gatecrasher
13-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Where are you guys seeing this ?
Log into the ticket web site and look at the stadium plan for the play off game.

Pete
13-05-2015, 08:14 PM
I was trying to take that separate argument out of the equation. Everyone has their own opinion and I too would like them restricted. However taking a step back and looking from a neutral point of view

Q1- how many tickets are we getting for ibrox
A- same as usual

Q2- how many would we like to give them
A- a few hundred which is less than the 3800 we normally give them

A neutral viewpoint could understand if we expected to sell some tickets in that stand but the likelihood is we won't

Just playing Devils advocate 😉😉

A true neutral would want them limited to 400.

Rangers, their friends at the SPFL and the media on the other hand...

Pete
13-05-2015, 08:20 PM
:agree: This match is just so important for this club, and the fans backing might just make the difference.

If Hibs can take 16,000+ through to Hampden for a cup semi-final against Falkirk, with all the expense involved in that, surely the supporters can at least fill the three home stands for this match?

I just hope Hibs also get a decent result in the first leg.

Expanding on that...this is OUR game and OUR future depends it. We can't be dictated to by those who don't like empty seats or don't think the atmosphere will be good for the telly when it comes to selling the huns tickets.

We should give our fans as much chance as possible to buy and that means reducing the away allocation.

It's starting to turn my stomach that there are even some hibees not wanting to do this. Are we that used to just bending over and taking it from the old firm that this is what some of us have been reduced to?

Andy74
13-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Expanding on that...this is OUR game and OUR future depends it. We can't be dictated to by those who don't like empty seats or don't think the atmosphere will be good for the telly when it comes to selling the huns tickets.

We should give our fans as much chance as possible to buy and that means reducing the away allocation.

It's starting to turn my stomach that there are even some hibees not wanting to do this. Are we that used to just bending over and taking it from the old firm that this is what some of us have been reduced to?

Fans will have opportunity to buy so we will see if demand justifies cutting the away allocation.

kaimendhibs
13-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Emailed the club, limit sevco to 388

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Fans will have opportunity to buy so we will see if demand justifies cutting the away allocation.

I wouldnt care if we only sold 1000 tickets, this is not about demand its about giving our team the best chance to progress to the next game.

Sevco know what it means to have very few of us at ibrox, do we?

Andy74
13-05-2015, 08:38 PM
I wouldnt care if we only sold 1000 tickets, this is not about demand its about giving our team the best chance to progress to the next game.

Sevco know what it means to have very few of us at ibrox, do we?

We've beaten them there twice with a few of us there so chances are they aren't making the assumption that amount of fans correlates to result.

They can sell the tickets confidently enough to their own fans I think will be their main driver.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2015, 08:41 PM
We've beaten them there twice with a few of us there so chances are they aren't making the assumption that amount of fans correlates to result.

They can sell the tickets confidently enough to their own fans I think will be their main driver.

Well you seem to think we will only sell 10k, why dont we give them the other 10k and go the whole hog, it appears fans are not the 12th man in your mind so let us just fill the east stand and the famous five, and give them the rest.

:rolleyes:

marinello59
13-05-2015, 08:51 PM

I've changed my mind on this one. I would now give them no tickets at all if that was possible.

Andy74
13-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Well you seem to think we will only sell 10k, why dont we give them the other 10k and go the whole hog, it appears fans are not the 12th man in your mind so let us just fill the east stand and the famous five, and give them the rest.

:rolleyes:

I'd hope we will sell more than that even though that's about what we got for the most recent Rangers and Hearts games. Not play offs but big games supposedly.

To base the conversation in some sort of reality then no I'd not be in favour of giving any team more than the accepted away end.

Ronster117
13-05-2015, 09:17 PM
If they can get away with giving us 2% of their capacity when they have only half filled the stadium all season, I would like to think that Hibernian would give them the same 2% of Easter road. If we can't fill the away end we should reduce prices and let school kids fill it. When they cry foul... We just tell them our fans who have been to every game home and away can't get to watch the most important game of the season.

IrnBru22
13-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Buying 6 tomorrow - 1 for me (st holder), 3 for lapsed hibs fans, 1 for a mate whos never been to a game but iv convinced him to become a hibs fan and 1 for a dundee supporting mate who is gonna support hibs for a day.

scoopyboy
14-05-2015, 06:06 AM

Most sections will be emptier today as season ticket holders who haven't purchased their seats will become available.

Hopefully not too many.

GreenCastle
14-05-2015, 03:27 PM
Picked up some extra tickets today for friends.

Ticket office service was good :aok:

PatHead
14-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Had a look on the site and must admit I am rather disappointed at the amount of tickets sold so far. Maybe 6-7k but I ain't counting dots!

I think we should limit the number of tickets we give to The away side in the event of a playoff however the Board made it clear that they will come to a decision today as to whether they should restrict the number of tickets.

We aren't really helping the cause by not buying early. C'mon if you are thinking of getting them do it now.

Bobby's Cinema
14-05-2015, 04:08 PM
Had a look on the site and must admit I am rather disappointed at the amount of tickets sold so far. Maybe 6-7k but I ain't counting dots!

I think we should limit the number of tickets we give to The away side in the event of a playoff however the Board made it clear that they will come to a decision today as to whether they should restrict the number of tickets.

We aren't really helping the cause by not buying early. C'mon if you are thinking of getting them do it now.
Looks to be about the same as a normal home crowd right now. With STs not included it would always be difficult to hit that mark before the Thursday. The biggest momentum shift comes in the final few days. 15K Hibbys IMO

PatHead
14-05-2015, 04:23 PM
The bottom line is that if we sell tickets early the board may be swayed in restricting the tickets for away fans.

If you are planning on buying do so now and let as many Hibbies in that can fit in the stadium.

Malthibby
14-05-2015, 04:44 PM
The bottom line is that if we sell tickets early the board may be swayed in restricting the tickets for away fans.

If you are planning on buying do so now and let as many Hibbies in that can fit in the stadium.

What he said...
Just bought 6 in the East; I prefer to nap quietly in the West but the bairns want to 'savour' the East Stand atmosphere.
GG

Pete
14-05-2015, 04:49 PM

It's over a week to go and we don't even know who we're playing yet.

Even if the board were making a decision about this based on our sales (which they shouldn't) then it's far, far too early.

Tell them they are getting 500 or whatever then give us a chance to fill the rest. If we don't then it's no great loss.

PatHead
14-05-2015, 04:55 PM
It's over a week to go and we don't even know who we're playing yet.

Even if the board were making a decision about this based on our sales (which they shouldn't) then it's far, far too early.

Tell them they are getting 500 or whatever then give us a chance to fill the rest. If we don't then it's no great loss.

When the tickets were announced we were told that dependent on tickets sales we would decide now how many tickets were to be given to the visitors. We were given the chance to step up to the plate and have failed so far.

It surely doesn't matter who we are playing, it only matters that we have a must win game and need a big support.

Much as I don't agree with it I can see where the board are coming from- they have asked us to walk the walk and only 6,000 or so, as of this morning had bothered.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2015, 05:01 PM
When the tickets were announced we were told that dependent on tickets sales we would decide now how many tickets were to be given to the visitors. We were given the chance to step up to the plate and have failed so far.

It surely doesn't matter who we are playing, it only matters that we have a must win game and need a big support.

Much as I don't agree with it I can see where the board are coming from- they have asked us to walk the walk and only 6,000 or so, as of this morning had bothered.

Wasting your time. No matter what Hibs do, it will be wrong to some

kaimendhibs
14-05-2015, 05:53 PM
It shouldn't matter who we are playing, the potential prize is the same! Let's get the place full

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Wasting your time. No matter what Hibs do, it will be wrong to some

Do you mean like the loyalty scheme? :wink:

matty_f
14-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Fill the stands with Hibees, leave no room for Rangers. Get buying tickets and make it easy for Hibs to cut their allocation.

Famous Fiver
14-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Bought mine a few minutes ago.

Hope another 14999 do the same!!!

iwasthere1972
15-05-2015, 03:34 PM
Just noticed on that Stubbsy says “I haven’t seen a full Easter Road yet. I would love to see one over the next four games. He obviously reckons we'll beat The Rangers or QoTS.

Bob Box Fish
15-05-2015, 03:42 PM
Another four tickets purchased including three guys that have not been for a few years.

GreenCastle
15-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Let's keep this T the top of the page !

Good move by Hibs to reduce their allocation - let's fill the rest with Hibs fans !!

Get buying !

MartinfaePorty
15-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Gutted I'm in Amsterdam for a stag do. Will try and encourage others to take my place.

PatHead
15-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Gutted I'm in Amsterdam for a stag do. Will try and encourage others to take my place.
Cmon Martin you know you want to cancel your place on the stag do and be at the game. Priorities eh,

MartinfaePorty
15-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Kev, I would if it hadn't been arranged for ages and I'm to be an usher at the wedding. Booked into an Irish bar to watch the game though.

jabis
15-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Getting 2 tomorrow!

pacorosssco
15-05-2015, 10:39 PM
Gutted I'm in Amsterdam for a stag do. Will try and encourage others to take my place. i lived porty 30 years.rest here.Will watch first leg with friends cocos possible elsewhere. PM me if u wanna join.

Bob Box Fish
16-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Got a feeling people are waiting to see the outcome of the first leg before buying so could be a big rush next week if the result is favourable.

southsider
16-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Susan at Leith Links/KFK has raised enough cash to buy 112 play-off tickets. If you can afford it why not send £25 so a adult & child a lot less fortunate than the majority of us can go to the game.Come on,lets fill the place. GGTTH.

Phil MaGlass
16-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Although sales are a wee bit slow I have a feeling it will be a sell out, think folk should start getting tickets pronto, dont leave it to last minute.

PatHead
16-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Great work suzy

iwasthere1972
16-05-2015, 09:50 AM
It's a strange one why tickets are not being sold quicker than they are. Is it because some are waiting to find out who our opponents are? I expect that ticket sales will pick up after the The Rangers match tomorrow.

Buy now...,.Your club needs you.

Leith Green
16-05-2015, 01:45 PM
It's a strange one why tickets are not being sold quicker than they are. Is it because some are waiting to find out who our opponents are? I expect that ticket sales will pick up after the The Rangers match tomorrow.

A lot of fans have been oblivious to the fact they are even on sale yet.. Expect folk will take note when our game is confirmed... You need to remember as well, folk dont need to rush into getting tickets these days due to the increased capacity.. We will shift lots next week as the build up starts

Leith Green
16-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Out of interest, how many we sold so far??

PatHead
16-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Out of interest, how many we sold so far??
Don't know but no areas even approaching red yet. Cmon lets back the board and buy them.

Could have implications for when we play hearts next season as they have cut our allocation. If we don't sell out this time might make the board
think twice about reducing hearts allocation.

Phil MaGlass
16-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Don't know but no areas even approaching red yet. Cmon lets back the board and buy them.

Could have implications for when we play hearts next season as they have cut our allocation. If we don't sell out this time might make the board

That would be good

Leith Green
16-05-2015, 02:32 PM

Hearts have cut our allocation?? Thought we had an agreement with them for derby games..

bingo70
16-05-2015, 02:38 PM

With us having such a big stadium now I think people just don't have any urgency. There's nothing much happening hibs wise just now so it's not on people's minds to get tickets.

Sales will pick up next week, there's no doubt about that, more so if it's rangers. Rightly or wrongly I think folk will associate a game against the rangers as being a good game to be at where as a game against qots will likely be viewed as being a bit *****.

PatHead
16-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Hearts have cut our allocation?? Thought we had an agreement with them for derby games..
They have sold season tickets in that stand so they must be cutting allocation

FranckSuzy
16-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Susan at Leith Links/KFK has raised enough cash to buy 112 play-off tickets. If you can afford it why not send £25 so a adult & child a lot less fortunate than the majority of us can go to the game.Come on,lets fill the place. GGTTH.

Nice one, K :thumbsup: Make that £1875 now received :not worth

Sir David Gray
16-05-2015, 04:15 PM

Yep.

They announced a couple of weeks ago that they are cutting every club's allocation at Tynecastle from next season.

They are selling season tickets in the Roseburn stand.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Wont it just be cat b season tickets they are selling in the roseburn stand?

CallumLaidlaw
16-05-2015, 05:04 PM

No, confirmed that celtic, etc will have reduced allocation from next season

Leith Green
16-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Yep.

They announced a couple of weeks ago that they are cutting every club's allocation at Tynecastle from next season.

They are selling season tickets in the Roseburn stand.

If we get promoted we should be giving them 1400 tickets as well.. Id rather we gave tickets out at a tenner a pop to non season tickets to fill the place (i have a season ticket) this is about making a stand against the huns and that lot... Funny how quickly their full stadiums dissapear as soon as it shows signs of going pear shaped..

Sir David Gray
16-05-2015, 05:20 PM

No, they had a Q&A on Twitter (or something like that) a few weeks ago and someone asked that very question and the club official responded that the restriction would apply to all visiting clubs from next season.

They apparently have a waiting list for season tickets.

renato
16-05-2015, 07:31 PM
If we manage to negotiate the playoffs and get promoted, we'll do the exact same and cut their allocation to 1500, as we've done with the The Rangers.

Looks like Budge has ignored the long standing gentleman's agreement we have in order to appease their fans who have, as expected, backed their team in numbers following their flirtation with extinction and subsequent feel good factor following the excellent season they've had.

As history has taught us this won't last forever and the crowd numbers will drop again when they hit another lean period. In the meantime all Budge will succeed in doing is punishing the c3500 fans that want to attend both Tynie and ER.

Stuarty27
17-05-2015, 02:46 PM
I don't understand why ticket sales are so slow, this is a massive game and should sell out.

Since90+2
17-05-2015, 03:27 PM
I don't understand why ticket sales are so slow, this is a massive game and should sell out.

How many have we sold?

green day
17-05-2015, 03:31 PM

Why do you think it won't?

Sprouleflyer
17-05-2015, 03:31 PM
How many have we sold?

Looking at the stadium plan for tickets, not that many.

Dont know why sales have been slow, this is a massive game for Hibs.

PatHead
17-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Hibs reverse their decision and release more tickets to the away team due to the apathy shown by our supporters.

Stuarty27
17-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Why do you think it won't?

I didn't say it wouldn't, personally thot there would be more tickets sold at this stage.

I reckon we are lucky to have sold 7,000 with only 6days to go.

green day
17-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Hibs reverse their decision and release more tickets to the away team due to the apathy shown by our supporters.

Aye, you are right, we should maybe just give them the whole east as well?

Or maybe, just maybe, after TODAY when we know who we are playing sales will ramp up?

Do you really think we will have less than - for example - a derby game there?

Really?

Onceinawhile
17-05-2015, 04:00 PM
I didn't say it wouldn't, personally thot there would be more tickets sold at this stage.

I reckon we are lucky to have sold 7,000 with only 6days to go.

Sales will pick up once we know who we're playing and probably even more if we get a good result on Wednesday.

PatHead
17-05-2015, 04:01 PM

Or maybe, just maybe, after TODAY when we know who we are playing sales will ramp up?

Really?

At this rate yes. Think a lot of supporters are waiting the outcome of the first leg. If we lose by a couple they won't come.

scoopyboy
17-05-2015, 04:07 PM

Really?

I don't get it once we know who we are playing.

Surely a Hibs fan that can make the fixture would go irrespective of the opposition.

green day
17-05-2015, 04:12 PM

Surely a Hibs fan that can make the fixture would go irrespective of the opposition.

I agree, to be honest - I am not here for the game, but if so I would have already bought one.

But some people like to know who we are playing. Looks like huns at the moment.......

iwasthere1972
17-05-2015, 04:28 PM

:agree: After all we're going to watch the Hibees.

weecounty hibby
17-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Tickets bought for me and junior today before der hun won. His first experience of the vile bigoted low life the rangers followers. Hope to god that it is a memorable day for all of us. Cmon Hibees we can do them, they are no more than average

silverhibee
17-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Have we sold out yet.

FranckSuzy
17-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Have we sold out yet.

We will when I buy all these kids tickets :tee hee: :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
17-05-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm totally amazed that we haven't sold more tickets than we have. I know it's still a week away but why wait? Were folk waiting to see who our opponents were going to be or is it a mix of that and waiting to make sure that the tie is still alive before committing to the home leg?

Answers on a postcard.

Hopefully now we know who we are playing ticket sales will begin in earnest.

Sir David Gray
17-05-2015, 05:38 PM
I'm totally amazed that we haven't sold more tickets than we have. I know it's still a week away but why wait? Were folk waiting to see who our opponents were going to be or is it a mix of that and waiting to make sure that the tie is still alive before committing to the home leg?

Answers on a postcard.

Hopefully now we know who we are playing ticket sales will begin in earnest.

Quite surprised as well to be honest.

This (along with the Motherwell game which we will hopefully be playing in a couple of weeks) is a bigger match than the semi final vs Falkirk last month. It is absolutely vital for us as a club that we are promoted. Another season in the Championship will really damage us.

Hopefully now that it's confirmed that we're playing Sevco, people will be snapping up the tickets but it's been a poor response up until now.

Islington Hibs
17-05-2015, 05:44 PM

This (along with the Motherwell game which we will hopefully be playing in a couple of weeks) is a bigger match than the semi final vs Falkirk last month. It is absolutely vital for us as a club that we are promoted. Another season in the Championship will really damage us.

Hopefully now that it's confirmed that we're playing Sevco, people will be snapping up the tickets but it's been a poor response up until now.

agree the game is massive. I guess people are waiting to see how we get on on Wednesday. Assuming we do OK it will believe close to a sell out.

Sir David Gray
17-05-2015, 06:17 PM
agree the game is massive. I guess people are waiting to see how we get on on Wednesday. Assuming we do OK it will believe close to a sell out.

I bet any Hamilton fan who had that mindset last year will be gutted if they decided not to go to Easter Road for the second leg after we won 2-0 at their place.

scoopyboy
17-05-2015, 06:25 PM
I must admit I would be really disappointed if Hibs fans were waiting for the score from the first leg before deciding whether to buy tickets.

Ronniekirk
17-05-2015, 06:29 PM

There are a few fans buying tickets for youngsters to go as they can't go themselves ,some families that would have gone if queen of South got through don't like going to games v Rangers , some folk will defo wait and see how first leg goes and the weather is pish .
But all that aside I would of expected us to have shifted more than 7 ,000 by now
rich coming from me who booked a weekend away in Argyle for Family ages ago without thinking about playoffs .

Onceinawhile
17-05-2015, 06:47 PM
I must admit I would be really disappointed if Hibs fans were waiting for the score from the first leg before deciding whether to buy tickets.

I am - as explained elsewhere: 3 kids all 5 or under and one income. Money goes on the kids first, if we're 3 goals down I'll be watching on TV. It's not just the money either it's the 4 hours or so in time.

If we're in with a shout I'll be there. People have other priorities, I don't get why people can't understand that.

iwasthere1972
17-05-2015, 07:30 PM

I think that is a possibility. I can see their way of thinking.

I've got mine already and have had for over a week. Hope I don't regret it after Wednesday night's result. :greengrin

scoopyboy
17-05-2015, 07:31 PM
I am - as explained elsewhere: 3 kids all 5 or under and one income. Money goes on the kids first, if we're 3 goals down I'll be watching on TV. It's not just the money either it's the 4 hours or so in time.

If we're in with a shout I'll be there. People have other priorities, I don't get why people can't understand that.

I understand your circumstance but I doubt if everyone is in the same boat.

A lot of fans (me included) have criticised the Hibs board over the last few years but I'm sure most will have agreed we have turned the corner.

However when I hear that fans aren't buying until the first leg result is known then to me that isn't backing the club.

The vast majority were delighted the club cut the away allocation but are repaying them by possibly not attending.

We want the board to help us but we have to help them too. It has to work both ways.

Green Fish
17-05-2015, 07:38 PM

A lot of fans (me included) have criticised the Hibs board over the last few years but I'm sure most will have agreed we have turned the corner.

However when I hear that fans aren't buying until the first leg result is known then to me that isn't backing the club.

The vast majority were delighted the club cut the away allocation but are repaying them by possibly not attending.

We want the board to help us but we have to help them too. It has to work both ways.

Totally agree, I'm shocked so few are sold. Team needs us!

PatHead
17-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Always hear matches are overpriced and if prices were lower we would get full crowds. £15 ain't bad, infact it is good. (£10 is still less than a normal game.)

Just not happening for some reason.

Sir David Gray
17-05-2015, 07:42 PM

Yep.

To have sold only 6 or 7000 tickets to home fans, with less than a week to go before the match, is extremely poor.

I'm not quite sure what more the club can do to try and get people back to be honest.

We now have a team that's worth watching for the first time in about five or six years, we have a man in charge who actually looks like he knows what he's doing and we have people in the boardroom now who are doing a lot of good things behind the scenes.

It was similar last month when we managed to sell just 10000 tickets to Hibs fans for the derby.

bingo70
17-05-2015, 07:44 PM

I don't think many will be waiting until after the first leg, I just think with us having such a big stadium now there isn't really much urgency to get a ticket. There'll be a lot of publicity in the media for this game which will generate more interest.

There'll be a good crowd next week, low ticket sales now means nothing imo.

scoopyboy
17-05-2015, 07:48 PM
I don't think many will be waiting until after the first leg, I just think with us having such a big stadium now there isn't really much urgency to get a ticket. There'll be a lot of publicity in the media for this game which will generate more interest.

I hope you're right guv, I just get a bit uptight at times I suppose.

PatHead
17-05-2015, 07:55 PM

Hope you are right.

Billy Whizz
17-05-2015, 07:57 PM
I hope you're right guv, I just get a bit uptight at times I suppose.

Like you, I wish we were further down the line on sales, but I think there will be a massive uplift, from Thursday onwards

Largshibby
17-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Totally agree, I'm shocked so few are sold. Team needs us!

Me too. Some of the most popular parts of the ground are empty which is a worry even with 5 days still to go. We've had wait for the prices, wait for the away allocation, wait for the opposition, now its wait for the first leg result. After wednesday its probably wait for the weather forecast!!! The club delivered the league position we demanded at the start of the season (albeit not behind that other mob) and we need to fill the ground for this one so get buying - there's still time.

iwasthere1972
17-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Like you, I wish we were further down the line on sales, but I think there will be a massive uplift, from Thursday onwards

I would like to think that ticket sales were really on the increase before Thursday otherwise a bad result on Wednesday night wouldn't do us any favours in both ticket sales and chances of progressing to play Motherwell. Obviously the latter is more important but with the club having the balls to cut the new Huns allocation to only 1,500 it would be like a kick in the teeth to Leanne and co if we can't at least fill the FF, West and East Stands.

Maybe we're panicking over nothing.

Hiber-nation
17-05-2015, 08:16 PM

It's the people who don't have other priorities and just can't be arsed supporting the team that does my head in. Like many others I can't believe how few we've sold given the price and the importance of the game.

Scottie
17-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Me too. Some of the most popular parts of the ground are empty which is a worry even with 5 days still to go. We've had wait for the prices, wait for the away allocation, wait for the opposition, now its wait for the first leg result. After wednesday its probably wait for the weather forecast!!! The club delivered the league position we demanded at the start of the season (albeit not behind that other mob) and we need to fill the ground for this one so get buying - there's still time.
:agree: Spot on.

For some people there will always be an excuse not to go next week is not one of them. It should be made compulsory to go. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
17-05-2015, 08:22 PM
We a small core support as proved by our attendances. Hopefully this match will attract the general stay aways.

iwasthere1972
17-05-2015, 08:23 PM
:agree: Spot on.

For some people there will always be an excuse not to go next week is not one of them. It should be made compulsory to go. :greengrin

:wink: It should be like National Service and you will only be excused from duty if you have a medical certificate.

Your club needs you. :aok:

I really hope that we horse the new Huns on Wednesday night bringing about another feel good factor. Ticket sales rocket. Sold out signs by Thursday resulting in a 'Need a ticket for Saturday' thread on Hibs.net.

We live in hope.

Fergos
17-05-2015, 08:27 PM
It's the people who don't have other priorities and just can't be arsed supporting the team that does my head in. Like many others I can't believe how few we've sold given the price and the importance of the game.

Agree, some will have the right reasons for not attending, but the ones who can but don't.....wonder what they'll say if we don't get through.....could have been, should have been.....etc....probably....

GGTTH

inglisavhibs
17-05-2015, 09:31 PM
:wink: It should be like National Service and you will only be excused from duty if you have a medical certificate.

Your club needs you. :aok:

I really hope that we horse the new Huns on Wednesday night bringing about another feel good factor. Ticket sales rocket. Sold out signs by Thursday resulting in a 'Need a ticket for Saturday' thread on Hibs.net.

We live in hope.
Unfortunately that won't happen. I have asked a fair number of Hibs supporters who don't attend now and few of them are going. You can't force people to go but it must be frustrating for the club who need as much support as possible. I think we will sell around 12000 tickets at best.

hibsdaft
17-05-2015, 09:50 PM
i think lack of urgency is a big factor, but its going to be a nightmare for the ticket office (and those buying tickets) if everyone leaves it late.

i can't understand why regular match-goers would miss this game. its up there with the biggest games we've played at ER in recent years imo.

Iceman1875
17-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Tickets bought for me and my daughter for Sat [emoji106]🏻

At Easter Road we play...

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2015, 09:59 PM
None of our lot have them yet but we are all going. Will probably get them by Friday at the latest and pick them up on the day of the game.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Unless the first leg puts the result beyond doubt expect currant bun infiltration. Which would push numbers up.

Ringothedog
18-05-2015, 06:17 AM
Unless the first leg puts the result beyond doubt expect currant bun infiltration. Which would push numbers up.

Only if they are on our database which is pretty unlikely

JimBHibees
18-05-2015, 07:00 AM
Once the hype for the game starts the sales will increase.

Ronniekirk
18-05-2015, 07:08 AM
i think lack of urgency is a big factor, but its going to be a nightmare for the ticket office (and those buying tickets) if everyone leaves it late.

i can't understand why regular match-goers would miss this game. its up there with the biggest games we've played at ER in recent years imo.
The only other explanation which hasn't been mentioned yet I don't think is that that last game at Easter road where we didn't have a shot on Target ,has made a lot of people hedge thier bets and wait on that first leg result ,and are prepared not to buy tickets unless they percieve we are in with a shout of going through .However the 4 0 home game wasn't a huge turn out ,and on that day we were strong favourites to beat them ,so low take up to date is puzzling ,although for fans that normally print off tickets at home and can't for this game ? They see tickets aren't shifting in big numbers so they are waiting till day of the game unless sales suddenly take off

the team deserve as big a backing as possible given the way we were playing in the last few games of season , playing good football and Scoring .It just shows what we know I guess ,that over the past number of years the core support has reduced ,and it's getting harder to entice those that have not been regulars back even for a big game like this .
Certainly the prospect of sitting at the end of game listening to them celebrating if they did go through ,and realising we are stuck in the Championship for a second year for the first time in our History would not be great , and I guess some might want to wait for the Motherwell games

who knows but you have to assume Sales will steadily pick up as the week goes on and a good result on Wednesday would then see a big increase

seanshow
18-05-2015, 07:46 AM
I thought at the time of ticket price discussions £10 & £5 fills the stadium,but surely £15 for a very important game is worth paying.
It's baffling, maybe can we get Leeann drunk on buckfast so she emails out a Delia style rant to all on the database lol
"For the best football supporters in the world,we need a 12th man here,where are you,where are you,let's be havin you,c'mon!"

lord bunberry
18-05-2015, 08:12 AM
I think people are getting a bit carried away by the poor sales so far. Most people will get their tickets this week. Everyone knows they're going to get a ticket, which leads to a more relaxed attitude to buying.

percy veer
18-05-2015, 08:23 AM
I can understand fully why people are holding off till after the first leg, how many big games have the we had a great attendance only to be let down by the team on the pitch, we will see on wed if we have turned a corner as various people are saying.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2015, 08:24 AM
I can understand fully why people are holding off till after the first leg, how many big games have the we had a great attendance only to be let down by the team on the pitch, we will see on wed if we have turned a corner as various people are saying.

Sorry I can't

SlickShoes
18-05-2015, 08:42 AM
I can understand folk missing regular season games, but this is everything. Unless we get horsed 5-0 in the first leg then there is something to play for on Saturday and the team needs our backing.

Are people worried we will lose on Wednesday so don't want to commit to a ticket or do they think we will win and want to save their money for the play off final?

£15 is very cheap, the only people I can sort of understand being peeved at the price are season ticket holders, but at the same time these are the most dedicated fans so surely they can scrounge £15 together for a one off game?

NAE NOOKIE
18-05-2015, 09:49 AM
We managed to sell out our home stands less than 18 months ago for what was a pretty bog standard derby match and last month took nearly 17,000 to Hampden. Even taking into account folk who cant afford to go etc there really is no good reason we cant sell out at least the 3 usual stands.

This isn't an uberfan debate, games like this are exactly the ones where clubs should be expecting their 'wider' fan base to turn out ....If money or personal circumstances are not a problem and you can still find a reason not to go to this game then you have a bloody cheek if you go about telling folk you are a Hibs fan.

Arch Stanton
18-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Hibs didn't show up last hun game at ER and it's never nice to lose to them at home - if we make a decent go of it on Wed then there will be a rush.

Infact, if we match QoS 1-1 at Ibrox then we should surely sell out (even if they get the whole South Stand which I think they will).

PatHead
18-05-2015, 09:58 AM
On Saturday Alloa came back from 3 1 down and having a man sent off to win 4 3 on aggregate. Stranger things have happened.