Be warned... It's a shocker!

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4348

Billychaotic182
12-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Very plain. The adidas top was nicer

Thecat23
12-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Very plain. The adidas top was nicer

Adidas for me do the best strips! Puma very basic like our Nike sadly.

Pete
12-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Not good.

Andy74
12-05-2015, 04:39 PM
One or two articles on this saying they have passed on money from shirt sponsorship. I presume Hearts are encouraging this lie?!

SaulGoodman
12-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Looks alright if not a bit plain, the white one in white and green would be nice

Michael
12-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Not a fan of v-neck...otherwise not much to complain about if you're a hearts fan.

Thecat23
12-05-2015, 04:46 PM
One or two articles on this saying they have passed on money from shirt sponsorship. I presume Hearts are encouraging this lie?!

Thing is they could donate just a single pound and it would still count as passing on cash to said charity! We all know Hearts will be getting paid for this and how much of it goes to charity will be next to nothing!

#FromTheCapital
12-05-2015, 04:49 PM
***** team, ***** fans, ***** stadium and ***** strip to match.

Vini1875
12-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Have to say apart from the minging colour and badge, nowt to complain about. They will lap that up.

Pete
12-05-2015, 04:50 PM
That V on the collar looks daft...and it's probably skintight.

What's all this about "unique" and "bespoke"?

hibs0666
12-05-2015, 04:55 PM
You can't polish a blooded turd.

Peevemor
12-05-2015, 05:06 PM
I've seen worse.

Andy74
12-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Thing is they could donate just a single pound and it would still count as passing on cash to said charity! We all know Hearts will be getting paid for this and how much of it goes to charity will be next to nothing!

Sorry I meant the suggestion was they had passed it up as in not taking any sponsorship money at all and instead are displaying the charity name out the goodness of their hearts.

For example:

HEARTS have unveiled their new home and away kits for their first season back in the top flight in partnership with worldwide charity Save the Children.

The Tynecastle side are the first club in the UK to pass up on precious sponsorship money and instead give their jerseys to a charitable fund.

The home and away kits, manufactured by Puma, will bear the Save the Children logo, promoting the charity's work with children in developing countries.

Save the Children provide vital support and also promote children's rights in some 120 countries across the globe.

Hearts were, until this season, sponsored by loan firm Wonga but the new partnership further highlights the sea-change in thinking under new owner Ann Budge and the Foundation of Hearts fan group.

bingo70
12-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Sorry I meant the suggestion was they had passed it up as in not taking any sponsorship money at all and instead are displaying the charity name out the goodness of their hearts.

For example:

HEARTS have unveiled their new home and away kits for their first season back in the top flight in partnership with worldwide charity Save the Children.

The Tynecastle side are the first club in the UK to pass up on precious sponsorship money and instead give their jerseys to a charitable fund.

The home and away kits, manufactured by Puma, will bear the Save the Children logo, promoting the charity's work with children in developing countries.

Save the Children provide vital support and also promote children's rights in some 120 countries across the globe.

Hearts were, until this season, sponsored by loan firm Wonga but the new partnership further highlights the sea-change in thinking under new owner Ann Budge and the Foundation of Hearts fan group.

Is that not just an outright lie?

They've not passed up on a penny?

Sylar
12-05-2015, 05:12 PM

For example:

That's usually the way of these charity sponsor arrangements, is it not, with a % of proceeds from the sales going toward the charity? Certainly the case for Barcelona (though they actually pay a ludicrous sum to Unicef to display their logo).

lugz
12-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Wondered how many posts it would take before this tasteless "joke" reared its head.

My bad, if they are giving up the money its a nice move but maybe not the greatest timing from them.

Post deleted after not thinking about an off the cuff remark.

Aaron
12-05-2015, 05:17 PM
From a template (and similar to Sevcos new shirt) ----> http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/01/puma-15-16-teamwear-kits.html

They slated us the last few years about 'wee team' shirts being from a template and how the 'big team' had theirs made uniquely for them? :rolleyes:

easty
12-05-2015, 05:18 PM
My bad, if they are giving up the money its a nice move but maybe not the greatest timing from them.

You shouldn't back down to the joke police.

Sylar
12-05-2015, 05:19 PM
You shouldn't back down to the joke police.

You're quite right - paedophile jokes are hilarious and brilliantly well placed on a family forum.

hfc rd
12-05-2015, 05:19 PM
Looks very basic. Personally prefer the strips Adidas do.

Keith_M
12-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Much is being made of them having the name of a Charity on their shirts.

Let's not forget that they're being paid 500k for the privilege.

easty
12-05-2015, 05:25 PM
You're quite right - paedophile jokes are hilarious and brilliantly well placed on a family forum.

Yeah they can be pretty funny.

Haymaker
12-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Is that not just an outright lie?

They've not passed up on a penny?

I thought anonymous backers were paying the **** X amount and giving X amount to the charity?

And they aren't the first to put a charity on their shirts in the UK? :confused:

Andy74
12-05-2015, 05:27 PM

I don't think it was a joke. It's a fact they have employed a couple of convixted sex offenders relatively recently.

I don't see a problem suggesting that a link with Save the Children is a bit ironic given the circumstances. It was just the last owner that called one of the offenders a hero in relation to the offence.

They might want to just pretend recent history didn't happen but it did. They are playing the paragons of virtue card pretty strongly now. RBS for example has to be quite careful in how it positions itself now given its recent history. Hearts have made the decision to go the other way and it will attract comment.

Big_Franck
12-05-2015, 05:39 PM
That's usually the way of these charity sponsor arrangements, is it not, with a % of proceeds from the sales going toward the charity? Certainly the case for Barcelona (though they actually pay a ludicrous sum to Unicef to display their logo).

Barcelona used to pay Unicef £1m per season to have the Unicef logo on their top. In no way shape or form is that comparable to what Hearts are doing.

We all knew this would happen though, they'll twist this to make them sound good.

Oh, and that strip's minging.

emerald green
12-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Any Hertz strip will always look s**** to me. Doesn't matter how they try to tart it up.

MyJo
12-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Strip isn't that bad, home one is boring and away is alright but nothing special.

I'm sure I remember reading that a group of fans had given the club £500k and that's why they have save the children on the strips rather than a paying sponsor.

Pete
12-05-2015, 05:47 PM
From a template (and similar to Sevcos new shirt) ----> http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/01/puma-15-16-teamwear-kits.html

They slated us the last few years about 'wee team' shirts being from a template and how the 'big team' had theirs made uniquely for them? :rolleyes:

So it's neither "unique" or "bespoke".

All they ever do is constantly give their collective minds a treat.

Thecat23
12-05-2015, 05:54 PM
I don't think it was a joke. It's a fact they have employed a couple of convixted sex offenders relatively recently.

I don't see a problem suggesting that a link with Save the Children is a bit ironic given the circumstances. It was just the last owner that called one of the offenders a hero in relation to the offence.

They might want to just pretend recent history didn't happen but it did. They are playing the paragons of virtue card pretty strongly now. RBS for example has to be quite careful in how it positions itself now given its recent history. Hearts have made the decision to go the other way and it will attract comment.

Well said!

Keith_M
12-05-2015, 05:59 PM
I see some Hearts Fans are now trying to re-write history by claiming they're the first Scottish Club to have a Charity name on their shirts.

Brechin City did this in 2010, and they did it for FREE, not for a 500k payment.

bingo70
12-05-2015, 06:03 PM
I see some Hearts Fans are now trying to re-write history by claiming they're the first Scottish Club to have a Charity name on their shirts.

Brechin City did this in 2010, and they did it for FREE, not for a 500k payment.

At the time of the announcement they were claiming to be the first British club to do it. Ignoring Aston villas charity sponsorship.

Sylar
12-05-2015, 06:08 PM
I don't think it was a joke. It's a fact they have employed a couple of convicted sex offenders relatively recently.

If I recall rightly at the time, Hearts were lambasted by Children 1st over Thomson, right? So what's the options for Hearts under their new regime - they either go the same route as Celtic and try and sweep it under the rug (different situations, I know), forgetting such an incident ever occurred or they try and build bridges.

I've no idea if that's what they're attempting to do or not but I wish more clubs would "advertise" worthwhile causes or local businesses rather than alcohol, loan-sharks or multinational corporations.

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2015, 06:24 PM
Link isn't working for me. Could somebody post it, so I don't have to go on the Hearts website? Ta

SaulGoodman
12-05-2015, 06:24 PM
If I recall rightly at the time, Hearts were lambasted by Children 1st over Thomson, right? So what's the options for Hearts under their new regime - they either go the same route as Celtic and try and sweep it under the rug (different situations, I know), forgetting such an incident ever occurred or they try and build bridges.

I've no idea if that's what they're attempting to do or not but I wish more clubs would "advertise" worthwhile causes or local businesses rather than alcohol, loan-sharks or multinational corporations.

Lets just forget the fact that Scottish football is hardly thriving and that a lot of clubs rely on sponsors, no matter who or what business they are in.

Sir David Gray
12-05-2015, 06:30 PM
There's not a whole lot you can do when you're dealing with such a crap colour scheme.

CraigHibee
12-05-2015, 07:12 PM
rotten strip! i see puma are now the kit sponsor too, there will be a few jambos needing a shoehorn to squeeze themselves into that kit! :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
12-05-2015, 07:16 PM
It's a hearts strip, it will be honking😂😂😂😂

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Those tops are about as unique and bespoke as the loaf of bread I bought in Tesco this morning. The away top is the exact same template as the new Rangers home top and someone has already posted Puma Sunday league tops that are the same template as the home one.
Fair enough, we're all using templates these days but why lie about it? Their compulsive lying and obsession with trying to big themselves is just ****ing weird

God Petrie
12-05-2015, 07:28 PM

HiBremian
12-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Link isn't working for me. Could somebody post it, so I don't have to go on the Hearts website? Ta

"History weighs heavily" as Marx said....

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2015, 07:36 PM

"History weighs heavily" as Marx said....

Cheers for that. They're ok IMO, though I always prefer plain designs. The crazy strips that were everywhere in the 90s were horrendous for me.

Zazu62
12-05-2015, 08:06 PM
I'm sure I seen today that they are buying a defender for £400,000 ????

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm sure I seen today that they are buying a defender for £400,000 ????

Aye, all their fans are chipping in a pound each ;-)

jabis
12-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Aye, all their fans are chipping in a pound each ;-)
Nice one😁

hibees 7062
12-05-2015, 08:35 PM
https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/s851x315/11096507_10152967538726799_8114690312530769857_n.j pg?oh=fe2aa86fd615064e729050cb479882ec&oe=5606EC09

Bristolhibby
12-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Have to say apart from the minging colour and badge, nowt to complain about. They will lap that up.

This. Was struggling (apart from the above) to find fault. But nothing to shout about.

J

Carheenlea
12-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Hearts fans will be happy enough with it I`m sure. A plain maroon shirt and they can`t really go wrong. We are all hoping for a return to a traditional Hibs strip - green with white sleeves. When it comes to what fans would like to see as their teams home shirt, we are in the main, pretty easy to please.

Albanian Hibs
12-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Minging

shearer1981
13-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Its the same template as new huns or Geordies http://www.football-shirts.co.uk

Dull as dishwater.

Chap in clubstore told me Hibs home will defo half white sleeves and sponsor will be 'toned down'!!
:flag: