PDA

View Full Version : Time to get shirty?

Dan Sarf
12-05-2015, 11:20 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/may/12/getting-shirty-classic-kits-winning-teams

Leeanne, please read this article (ignoring the bit about the Hawrts, obviously). And then give us back our proper, original, emerald green and white sleeved tops please!

"Bill Shankly got rid of Liverpool’s white shorts because man-mountain Ron Yeats looked even more intimidating dressed tip to toe in red. Don Revie demanded Leeds United wore all white to fool the opposition into thinking they were facing the second coming of Real Madrid. Brian Clough signalled a changing of the guard at Derby County, and in English football, by replacing the fusty old crest desecrating the shirt with a symbolic out-of-my-way-I’m-coming-through ram’s head."

Keith_M
12-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Leeds still play in all-white but now flit about between the second and third tier of English Football.

Likewise, Derby county have been 'rammed' down into the lower leagues with them.

Liverpool haven't won the league for 25 years, despite their natty red shorts.

:hmmm:

Nah, I'd say a Billionaire owner is the new key to success.

:wink:

Deansy
12-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Would love to see the return of this

14850-

It's just sheer class - Hibs-class !

Fergos
12-05-2015, 01:20 PM

14850-

A thing of beauty

GGTTH

Keith_M
12-05-2015, 01:24 PM

14850-

:agree:

Geo_1875
12-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Leeds still play in all-white but now flit about between the second and third tier of English Football.

Everyone got SKY and realised Leeds weren't much like Real Madrid.

Likewise, Derby county have been 'rammed' down into the lower leagues with them.

County got a shiny new ground and got found out playing on grass instead of a foot of mud.

Liverpool haven't won the league for 25 years, despite their natty red shorts.

Liverpool are ****.

:hmmm:

Nah, I'd say a Billionaire owner is the new key to success.

The_Sauz
12-05-2015, 02:14 PM

14850-

Don't think Pat has the legs anymore :greengrin Unless you were talking about the strip :wink:

Pretty Boy
12-05-2015, 02:20 PM

14850-

B E A utiful

Winston Ingram
12-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Chelsea on the other hand had their kit changed by Ruud Gullit to incorporate white socks. Much as i can stand Chelsea, their kit looks better when it's all blue and therefore i'm happy that they look quite stupid with white socks.

Shaggy
12-05-2015, 02:46 PM
oor present and recent bottle green strips are by far my preference

cmcd
12-05-2015, 02:51 PM

14850-

Now that is a Hibs strip 😊