PDA

View Full Version : NHC Dave "Glib and shameless Liar" King...what's the script?

Keith_M
12-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Anybody know where we are with the Dave King, FPP situation?

The last I heard, the SFA were in discussions on whether he's allowed to serve as a Director but I've lost track of this.

Has he already been accepted/rejected?

Are they still discussing it? If so, when are they supposed to be announcing their decision?

Seveno
12-05-2015, 10:41 AM
I think that they will reject him but are taking it slowly to ensure that it is done legally to avoid any litigation.

Keith_M
12-05-2015, 10:44 AM
I think that they will reject him but are taking it slowly to ensure that it is done legally to avoid any litigation.

I have to be honest, I'd be surprised if that turned out to be the case.

For one thing, this is The Rangers we're talking about and for another, he was cleared to be a Director just recently by an external body (The AIM?, I can't remember, TBH)

Spike Mandela
12-05-2015, 11:27 AM
I have to be honest, I'd be surprised if that turned out to be the case.

For one thing, this is The Rangers we're talking about and for another, he was cleared to be a Director just recently by an external body (The AIM?, I can't remember, TBH)

It was the Court of Session and they wete only considering his role as director at time of Rangers entering administration.

They did not even look at his tax convictions in South Africa which the SPFL board will have to consider.

Let's face it if a convicted tax fraudster is considered a 'fit and Proper person' to be a director then the SPFL might as well take this mechanism, pack it away in a suitcase and throw it in the river. It will be rendered pointless.

Keith_M
12-05-2015, 11:31 AM
It was the Court of Session and they wete only considering his role as director at time of Rangers entering administration.

They did not even look at his tax convictions in South Africa which the SPFL board will have to consider.

Cheers.

Let's face it if a convicted tax fraudster is considered a 'fit and Proper person' to be a director then the SPFL might as well take this mechanism, pack it away in a suitcase and throw it in the river. It will be rendered pointless.

But he's the new Rangers Saviour :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2015, 11:52 AM
He's on thin ice regarding the FPP test, but is expected to do superbly in the FTP test.

Bostonhibby
12-05-2015, 12:00 PM
He's on thin ice regarding the FPP test, but is expected to do superbly in the FTP test.

He will definitely fail the fat and protestant person test - doesn't look fat enough to me.

PatHead
12-05-2015, 04:05 PM
I think he will decide he does not want to be a Director of Rangers International (when he hears on the grapevine he is not being allowed) and set up a football board of which he is head.

He will have the same influence as the submariner in Gorgie. (Don't think he was a Director).

CropleyWasGod
12-05-2015, 04:18 PM
I think he will decide he does not want to be a Director of Rangers International (when he hears on the grapevine he is not being allowed) and set up a football board of which he is head.

He will have the same influence as the submariner in Gorgie. (Don't think he was a Director).

Isn't it his place on the Board of the football club that is the issue?

jacomo
12-05-2015, 07:03 PM

I think they'll rubber stamp his appointment but just waiting for a good day to bury bad news.

CraigHibee
12-05-2015, 07:37 PM
I think they'll rubber stamp his appointment but just waiting for a good day to bury bad news.

that'll be the day after they get beat by either QOS or us :greengrin

PatHead
12-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Isn't it his place on the Board of the football club that is the issue?

Easdale did it according to our local Hun. It is not the main board but a sub-board for football issues

CropleyWasGod
12-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Easdale did it according to our local Hun. It is not the main board but a sub-board for football issues
Local hun has it wrong :)

The football club and the holding company are separate companies, with separate boards. It's the football company that the SFA have jurisdiction over. Not sure that they do so over the holding company.

PatHead
12-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Local hun has it wrong :)

The football club and the holding company are separate companies, with separate boards. It's the football company that the SFA have jurisdiction over. Not sure that they do so over the holding company.

Thanks for clarifying. Need to correct these naughty rumours

Keith_M
13-05-2015, 09:44 AM
I see Ashley wants his money back.

Is this a 'show us your money or shut up' message to King?

Bad Martini
13-05-2015, 11:15 AM
I see Ashley wants his money back.

Is this a 'show us your money or shut up' message to King?

I'm sure they can just dip into the big huge pot of untaped and unused cash and pay the man his five MILLION quid, now, today, can't they :greengrin

I hope he asks for the interest too :aok::thumbsup:

greenginger
15-05-2015, 07:08 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-dave-king-verge-discovering-5700422

Daily ****** making positive noises about a fit and proper Tax fraudster being cleared by SFA. :confused:

greenginger
15-05-2015, 11:40 PM
http://www.politicsweb.co.za/documents/sars-responds-to-dave-king

A Sars document on the Lying Kings fraud.

Fit and Proper, well maybe for a Hun Director ! :greengrin